NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:35 pm

Fvaar: Probably would have been something from her home planet, and some kind of fish-like animal. Probably colorful, and she probably would have had occasionally gnawed on it in her sleep since its shaped like a fish and available.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:16 pm

By Request

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.

═══════════════

Reference: here
"Fine, this isn't rocket science!" Demens squatted
Over the void and looked into the abyss,
Finding nothing in his way. He plucked his brow.
The Greater Being was at a loss
Having never attempted anything so grand.
He fashioned a new dimension and moved on to
populate the void with lopsided planets and suns before
Focusing on the world that would house the
Jumbled outcasts. And so it was that he formed
The waters and land, adding the vegetation and
All the things that creeped and flew and walked upon
His creation.

In truth, he borrowed most of it from existing works
But there was nobody around to complain!

Then Demens set out to draw all those lost things
Unto him, pulling from Time and the ages only those that
Would not be entirely missed...

Demens reclined on his celestial Lay-Z-Boy—
Clouds were too froofy for his tastes— to critique his own
Hard work, loathe as he was to do so
Lest he find too many flaws for its own good,
When he was visited by none other than Elohim who
Had come to see what had happened to his unicorns.

"What the fuck is that?" Elohim surveyed his Fellow's work
With not too kindly a grimace upon his face— in truth
He was repulsed by the dimension. And then—
"You stole my damn unicorns!"

"Bah! Nobody believes in them anyway anymore, so
What harm is there? None."

"O Demens, tell me, what do you intend to do with all
Of this junk?" Elohim shook his head as he considered that
Demens had gone quite mad. But Demens held
A hand up to brush aside concerns.

"I have no idea, really," said he, "Other than perhaps
Making things right elsewhere. We'll see
Where this goes."

So it came to pass that Elohim retreated to
His celestial palace. There he reclined upon
His couch and silently snickered into his sleeve at
Demens' gallimaufry.

Gallimaufry was formed by a Being that had no idea what he was doing or how things worked. Elohim, and other Creator Beings like him, had a fairly good grasp of the laws of physics. They set in motion a harmonious Creation whereby everything was connected and touched upon everything else.

The entire planet defies physics, starting with the large square in the middle of the ocean. Some elements are present. Some are not because he didn't know enough about planetary design to incorporate them.

"Why can't my character generate gold and diamonds and other precious things, or use their existing wealth?"

Because I said so. Instant wealth gets on my last nerve. It's a quick handwavium solution that strips away the challenge of trying to survive and thrive in a setting. Need an army? Buy it. Need special items? Buy it. Need a magical elixir? Buy it. We saw this shit in the old PL threads and players bitched about it. The Epic relocation meant an end to godmod wealth. To begin with, paper money and coins are backed by a reserve. Nobody is in their home dimension thus those reserves carry no hard value any longer. But why not precious stones or gold? How come it doesn't work here?

Elements and Minerlals
Minerals can be found. The following exists in various spots on the planet:
aeschynite
allanite
apatite
bastnäsite
britholite
brockite
cerite
fluocerite
fluorite
gadolinite
monazite
parisite
stillwellite
synchysite
titanite
wakefieldite
xenotime
zircon

These are present because so much rests upon them. However, they have to be mined, and if you want them, you need to purchase them. Can the Luxans fabricate them? I'll give a free pass on some. That said, unless you're a chemist or familiar with their usage, please don't handwave them in the game.

That leaves us with other goodies: Rare earths. These aren't "scarce". But, on Galli, they might not be necessary thus aren't utilized. "Rare earth” is used to describe any of the 15 metallic chemical elements with atomic numbers from 57 to 71 (called "lanthanides”) and the chemically similar elements scandium and yttrium.
21 Scandium (Sc) Aerospace framework, high-intensity street lamps, high performance equipment
39 Yttrium (Y) TV sets, cancer treatment drugs, enhances strength of alloys
57 Lanthanum (La) Camera lenses, battery-electrodes, hydrogen storage
58 Cerium (Ce) Catalytic converters, colored glass, steel production
59 Praseodymium (Pr) Super-strong magnets, welding goggles, lasers
60 Neodymium (Nd) Extremely strong permanent magnets, microphones, electric motors of hybrid automobiles, laser
61 Promethium (Pm) Not usually found in Nature
62 Samarium (Sm) Cancer treatment, nuclear reactor control rods, X-ray lasers
63 Europium (Eu) Color TV screens, fluorescent glass, genetic screening tests
64 Gadolinium (Gd) Shielding in nuclear reactors, nuclear marine propulsion, increases durability of alloys
65 Terbium (Tb) TV sets, fuel cells, sonar systems
66 Dysprosium (Dy Commercial lighting, hard disk devices, transducers
67 Holmium (Ho) Lasers, glass coloring, High-strength magnets
68 Erbium (Er) Glass colorant, signal amplification for fiber optic cables, metallurgical uses
69 Thulium (Tm) High efficiency lasers, portable x-ray machines, high temperature superconductor
70 Ytterbium (Yb) Improves stainless steel, lasers, ground monitoring devices
71 Lutetium (Lu) Refining petroleum, LED light bulbs, integrated circuit manufacturing

Where would we see some of these used? Ascalon and the Outermark. Both these locations are futuristic (FT) so not all the above is used. They've transcended these things and replicate far better in labs. It preserves the environment.

Elements out of the way, let's look at gold and gems.

Diamonds, Rubies, etc
Swith's favorite stone is Charles & Colvard's Moissanite. The stone's history coupled with her passion for physics makes it an ideal choice, and her engagement ring sports several large rocks. We had it appraised recently and the jeweler, though experienced, mistook them for diamonds. She hastily corrected him and that dropped his estimated total value by $1k. Many of these engineered stones have been passed off by unscrupulous people IRL. Only the most experienced jeweler's know what tattle-tale signs to look for.

But this is Ascalon, a Post-Modern Tech society. Ascalon does NOT use gems as currency any more than America does. You take it to a pawn shop or jeweler and they run a test on the structure. With so many alchemists running around the Wold, it only makes sense that they'd be a little paranoid that the seller can't name the mining region their gems come from.

The structure of a single stone will be readily apparent. Like our modern world, all stones are graded by a recognized organization (GIA or AGS for real life stones). They will recognize that these precious stones did not come from the dwarven mines -- the only place on Ascalon with the highly organized carbon, temperature and pressure to form diamonds. But we need to go one step beyond. Nobody has bothered to ask what a Gallimaufry diamond looks like.

Colored diamonds contain interstitial impurities or structural defects that cause the coloration, whilst pure diamonds are perfectly transparent and colorless. Gallimaufry diamonds -- ALL of them -- are affected by boron to some degree. Thus they're blue. Advanced technology can determine if the boron is indigenous or if it comes from a Gate. Gatejumpers have been trying to pass/pawn their shit off for centuries, you know. Strict regulations imposed by dwarves mean that the only valued stones are their product. They hold the monopoly as well as the knowledge necessary to mine these. This is why the "bad" creatures - dragons, ogres, orcs, whatever - don't fuck with them.

Rubies -- a red variety of a transparent corundum -- are a minor geological miracle. This corundum is only found in the dwarven held mines. The same goes for a variety of other stones. If they don't have the right "harmonics" and atoms, they won't pass muster. Regulation is strict.

The value is not the stone but in the processes and risk involved in mining them. The more treacherous (balrogs, in the case of diamonds), the greater the cost. Prim has a bucket of non-graded, xenoatomic rocks. Minerva's engagement ring diamond, though worth a grand on Earth, it rubbish.

Technology that would rely upon diamonds instead uses manufactured stones for industrial purposes.

Jade won't fly in this game. It's a metamorphic gem. Metamorphic rocks are rocks changed by heat, pressure, and interaction with solutions. In other words, plate tectonics create metamorphic environments characterized by high temperature and high pressure. Jade is only produced in the Outermark. It's value is far greater than gold and diamonds due to the ungodly risk to mine it. The color is unique. Attempts to pawn off manufactured jade will result in the person asking where it came from. If your character doesn't know, chances are high they'll be reported to authorities.

Common gemstones are common. Very pretty for jewelry but they don't fetch high sums of money. The Wold is the place to sell them due to the high value placed on their beauty.

Gold and the like
Let me be absolutely clear on gold: Gold is rare on Earth, in part, because it's also rare in the universe. Unlike elements including carbon or iron, it cannot be created within a star but instead must be born in a more cataclysmic event known as a short gamma-ray burst. That has never happened in this dimension. Gold drifted in from other dimensions as people arrived but it's so fucking rare that it's priceless. The gold bricks held by the Cultists would have made the Judge shit himself had he found them. Gold isn't used for jewelry. It's used for technology. Specifically in medicine and nanotechnology. It's one of the things we're currently researching IRL -- "Treating cancer is made more difficult because often the drugs used in chemotherapy can damage healthy cells. New treatment techniques using gold nanoparticles target and destroy cancer cells leaving the surrounding healthy tissues largely unaffected." All gold is thus regulated, graded, housed in vaults, and not used for cash.

The exception to all this is Demen's various currency. Synthesized gold, naturally. Pawn shops, banks and other institutions have the means to test this product to determine if it's authentic. The currency material has markers within the metal that denote its authenticity. Ascalon holds the tech necessary to produce it.

I will not allow characters to manufacture gold via magic. This is a total godmod that defeats the entire purpose of "overcoming conflict". The cultist's gold and the money generated by it is what keeps the Building's larders stocked and buys the shit needed to keep the lights on. It is communal property in that way. It also buys the weapons needed to defend the Building and allows Romy's armor to run. It keeps Opa's circuits intact.

What replaces gold for jewelry?
Mithril. This shit is so rare that characters might never come across an object made from it. You could buy several blocks in Ascalon with a mithril sword. You could set up a small kingdom in the Wold with the same. It has no value in the Outermark. Zone reserves are backed by mithril, not gold, with the exception of the Outermark. Again, the asshole dwarves have a claim on this stuff but it's also plentiful in the Outmark. However, due to how deadly that zone is, few would dare mine there. You want that material, it will be the mother of all quests. Gallimaufry mithril is not the same as that found in other dimensions. Bilbo's mithril treasure doesn't carry the same properties. It's not worth much.

Silver. This is fairly common and everybody uses it. It's value isn't all that hot. You can't pawn granny's old silver chain and expect to get enough for a dinner out.

Platinum. A precious metal prized by most zones, this is more commonly found in Alessio. Regulation is controlled, mining is hazardous, and the physical location isn't comfy. All platinum is graded by purity and stamped with Ascalon's grade seal. Ascalon controls the price, in other words.

Palladium. Fairly rare and not priceless. It's a workhorse element coveted by the scientific community. Banks, pawnshops, and jewelers would be befuddled by it, and wouldn't know what value to assign to it, thus they'd offer a pittance for it.

Aluminum. This is a common element.

Copper. Another common element.

"Why wasn't all this brought up before?!"
'Cause other players fucked around and we never made it past the dwarven outpost. Nobody has been to the Outermark or Wold yet.

What happens if my character tries to pawn off alchemized or manufactured gold, gems, or other stuff?
Ascalon: arrested, tried, convicted, prison.
Wold: gods fucking help you if the dwarves, elves, fae, or dragons discover your activity.
Outermark: you'd be eaten or mutilated before you found a place to unload your stuff.
Alessio: thrown out, or throw into a volcano, depending on who you try to pawn it off on.
Boroughs: it's an insult. The Burrows are wedged between two main zones: Ascalon and the Wold. They don't want to piss off either so they avoid it. They do have a plethora of gems but these are pretty much worthless, not jeweler quality, and used for a variety of non-monetary things. Burrows dwellers do not trust people with pockets of gems or with items containing gems. They know that Gatejumpers try to scam.

"So what's valuable??? I'm poor!"
Manufactured drugs, only in Ascalon. Be very wary with these. Cartels control them. Minerva is slowly getting in on this gig, and she'll likely have her Lads quietly dispose of Residents that vie with her product.

Sea salt. Yep.

Produce. Remember those gardens Deuce planted? He goes to market with his stuff. Only Kale volunteered to help him tend them, thus Kale has a summer income. It's not much but it makes her life easier.

Historical books from other dimensions. These go over well in the Wold, Alessio, and Ascalon. The older, the better. But evaluation is also based upon the dimension these came from. A historical book from Maghr's dimension is rarer than tomes from Earth.

Tech. Parts are parts. I'd expect Agy to throw a bit of Cyberpunk into Ascalon. Careless characters might be mugged and wake up to find their augmented parts are missing.

Magical Items or Charms. These go over well provided they don't need home dimension gods/spirits etc to be used. However, if it's not on the character's app, they don't have it. I expect these to take time to manufacture, so please don't abuse things. They can be pawned in Alessio and in parts of the Wold. The older the enchantment/whatever, the better.

Services. Get off yo lazy ass and work for a living. Sandy expends energy to make booze. Thaddeus takes odd jobs for the Burrows' mayor, as do the Lads. Giovenith might earn a good living by painting murals in Ascalon. Our powerful characters might slap a notice up in town reading: Muscle/Magic for hire. Thus they'd end up going on adventures this fall. Our musicians could form a band and perform in Ascalon, perhaps rising to popular status. There are various ways to obtain enough wealth to live off of, but players have to be creative.

Several characters also earn a stipend:

Those that go on missions (into an actual dimension) receive a bit of compensation. It will buy some groceries or a pint at the local pub. However, these dedicated mission crew members are earning their keep. They don't pay rent. Stipends are doled out monthly and according to their activity the prior month. Myra tracks all that and submits time sheets to the Building manager.

Healers earn a stipend. They do not pay rent. The hours they put in will determine their monetary gain at the end of every month. It's not much during slow times, but it can be a handsome sum after a major crisis. This too is handled by the Building Manager. In addition, they earn a bit from the clinic in the village.

"But I need stuff for Min's shop!"
Characters still have Demen's currency in their pockets. You shouldn't blow it all on really expensive goodies. You know the shop's there, so you can have your characters working and saving up stuff in order to make future purchases.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Got it Cer! Hmm, maybe Oto should get a gig somewhere...? Yeah, that seems like a good idea!

Oops, seems like I got tagged again!

Oto would either add another colour to her hair, maybe galaxy for when she's over the moon about something (see my pun :P), or allow herself to communicate with Aquario to tell him that she's ok. She's accepted that she has to move on for now though.

Tagetty tag tag tag:

Fvaar- Would Rmw ever consider Oto to be her partner in crime? *evil laugh*

NA- If Sakarias was a human instead of a robot, would he do anything differently? (Nice answer for Sterling by the way, an arty cutie mark would be cool!)

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Worldbuilding :D
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:53 pm

Reason no questions from me is because I simply can't think of anything XD

Sakarias for one would be dead if he was human still :p

Either from his world's brutality or from the war itself, plus the fact he's mentally over 90 years old. He's pretty old for his world as it is. He is savvy enough to have surivved that long, seeing as his life has lasted that long as a robot too, but would be nearing the end of his life or already passed away from old age :p

He'd be about the same in other terms. He still calls himself human after all, just stuck in a body that isn't his.

---------

On the terms of jobs, I should look into my characters getting one.

I suppose Sakarias would look to hell the Burrows since he's a carpenter, along with performing should a band form.

Mag would probably try creating advanced robots to sell in UA, maybe set up a business of made-to-order bots. He has his supply of parts but he'd need to buy more from UA too :p

Sterling, really he'll probably simply keep helping out in the hospitals and putting in time there, he doesn't have much use for money

No idea for Venla xp
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Got it, Cer.

Gio's outfit is enchanted to stay relatively clean and mended no matter how much she wears it and grows with her, and also serves as a light tracking device for her mother (when Gio is in places that can actually be tracked, obviously). Pearlelei dresses up her children in such outfits for basically the same reason schools give their students uniforms, just as a way of implicitly saying, "this one belongs to me," as you can see her sisters have similar outfits. Once a child personally considers themselves "a grown up" though or Pearlelei does, she gifts them with a fabric supply to make their own individual clothes of a similar magical nature, and can also start wearing any clothes they buy. Gio could have started wearing regular clothes a long time ago given all that she's been through, but she keeps wearing it because it makes her feel comfortable to still symbolically be a baby.

Gio has the luck of her pantheon's religion being the dominant one in its region on Earth, so she has never had to find herself involved in inter-pantheon conflict, though she is well aware that such conflicts exist in other places. She regards them as the horrifying things that they are and would like to avoid them at all costs - she's seen The Prince of Egypt. She does however have minor implicit biases and convictions due to the fact that she grew up in a family and society that still remembers resisting aggressive Christianization efforts in the Middle Ages, such as her well-known dislike of the knight-in-shining-armor archetype. Her older sister butchered the fuck out of knights back in the day.

Willow's parents - They didn't. He stayed firm in that belief just to be on the safe side until he grew out of it much like the Tooth Fairy or Santa Hooves. To this day though, even though he knows better, he still has lingering conditioning and doesn't particularly like cabbage.

Carly - What if Kale had to meet Poison Ivy from Batman?

Slo - What if Sandy and Amanda got involved with the Percy Jackson universe?

NA - Sterling is being held at gunpoint and told to forsake the Princesses and come with them to learn the ways of the forces of darkness or else. He can't currently use magic. What does he do?

Tilt - Chrys has to either give up fighting or sex. Which does she choose?

Ched - What's Romy's opinion on modern art?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Cerillium wrote:Sal: are you going to post soon?

I posted the other day. I'm just waiting for a reply so I can get Henry out in the city.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Ched's
Cer/Swith- What would Deuce, Thad, or any other 40k-verse character think of Romy's Wilhelm Imperium?

I can't speak for Swith's characters. All of mine are anti-Imperium back home, and would probably think the same of Wilhelm's. The priests likewise hold the 40K Imperium in contempt. They were driven from Mars after the Horus Heresy. They're a fraction of the schism, not fully Dark Mechanicus but refusing to acknowledge the Emperor as anything more than a corpse on a throne.

Cat's
Does Demens enjoy his life as a receptionist of sorts (in your imagination I suppose 'cause he's an NPC)?

You might be thinking of Volker. Volker was originally a quartermaster in another game. We had a nameless "Front Desk Cultist" in PL for ages. We needed a name, so Volker was plucked from the past. Then I realized the old Volker was actually silly as hell. This is why his personality shifted over time.

This new version of Volker loves his job. There's very little he can't scrounge up in a pinch, he never sees combat, he gets to sit on his butt all day, and he has access to good food and coffee. He's an insufferable snoop as well so the job caters to his hobby. He's one of the few Men that isn't completely and mindlessly insane thus he's trusted in public. For those unfamiliar with the "cultists", they're technically daemonhosts, and not actual cultists found in 40K. Klaus' Men all belong to this.

As for his inner daemon? His grasp on sanity is a direct result of what's inside him - a very old Flesh Hound. It's name is Bachstelze (Wagtail). It's a bit sentient as far as hounds go, but it prefers to curl up in a corner where Volker's soul used to be. The hound bears the collar that prevents daemon and host from being influenced by magic or psionic attacks, thus he's perfect for greeting new, deadly Residents.

Agy's
Cer: If Thaddeus wasn't busy keeping himself maintained and looking after the Residents and Marcus, what would he be getting up to?

Looking for ways to snuff himself. However, if he had his life to do over, he would have avoided the incident that caused him to fail out of the Spess Mahreen program. It was his dream.

When he isn't working, or maintaining, or babysitting, or trying to piss Rodney off, he writes music.

Ganonsyoni wrote:I had a long day at fun at Hershey. But I'm also worn the hell out. Sorry, but I'm calling it a night early. Got sunburns and aching legs in exchange for tons of fun. I'll post when I'm fresh and ready in the morn'.

I misread that as "I had a long day at fun at Heresy." Hershey Park! The Lightening Racer is one of my favorite wooden coasters but Fahrenheit is just ffffawesome.

Saldinado wrote:I posted the other day. I'm just waiting for a reply so I can get Henry out in the city.

If Henry could choose anything or anyone in the cosmos to be his companion, what would it be?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:10 pm

Damn, quite the question Gio. He'd probably be too paralyzed to do much of anything but he'd probably try to be defiant. He does believe in the princesses firmly. Knows they aren't infalliable but believes they know best for Equestria regardless. He'd probably rather stay loyal than anything, and would never want to be corrupted to serve dark powers.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:Damn, quite the question Gio. He'd probably be too paralyzed to do much of anything but he'd probably try to be defiant. He does believe in the princesses firmly. Knows they aren't infalliable but believes they know best for Equestria regardless. He'd probably rather stay loyal than anything, and would never want to be corrupted to serve dark powers.

I don't know why I asked, that's just the twisted kind of places my mind goes when searching for something. :p
she/her

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:Damn, quite the question Gio. He'd probably be too paralyzed to do much of anything but he'd probably try to be defiant. He does believe in the princesses firmly. Knows they aren't infalliable but believes they know best for Equestria regardless. He'd probably rather stay loyal than anything, and would never want to be corrupted to serve dark powers.

I don't know why I asked, that's just the twisted kind of places my mind goes when searching for something. :p

Its good though, I'm curious what Willow would do now, or for Gio to renounce ties with her mother.

edit: on a slightly related note to ponies.
Just when I thought this election couldn't get stranger...
Last edited by Holy Lykos on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

Its good though, I'm curious what Willow would do now, or for Gio to renounce ties with her mother.

Willow - "DO IT, MOTHERFUCKER!!!" *gets filled with holes. Gio promptly comes crying to Celestia begging for permission to bring him back to life.*

Gio - "MOMMYYYYYY! *cries*" *just gets brought back to life by Pearlelei, probably.*
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:27 pm

Giovenith wrote:Tilt - Chrys has to either give up fighting or sex. Which does she choose?

Sex, without a doubt. She has a certain distaste for the whole concept, and is actually rather puritanical about the whole matter. Being compelled to fight from time to time in minimal armor and/or topless for audience titillation, added to liberties taken with slaves in Rome...altogether, combat is a whole lot more worthwhile as a pursuit.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:Its good though, I'm curious what Willow would do now, or for Gio to renounce ties with her mother.

Willow - "DO IT, MOTHERFUCKER!!!" *gets filled with holes. Gio promptly comes crying to Celestia begging for permission to bring him back to life.*

Gio - "MOMMYYYYYY! *cries*" *just gets brought back to life by Pearlelei, probably.*

That's both sad and funny, the one with willow XD fits him though.

And gio could never betray her mom, definitely.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Cer, how would the cultists (of all various sects) define sanity?

Gio, what's char!Gio's thoughts on all the dragon stereotypes and portrayals in pop culture? Treasure-collecting; harbingers of danger and the unknown, etc.?
mumblemumblemumble

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Lol Cer! You're such a Warhammer junkie :p. My fav is prolly the wildcat. janky as hell and I love it. Beats the shit out of you in one ride :p

Fvaar- Kale was a prankster back in her youth, so she has a ton of pranks under her belt. One was when she made almost all the spring blooming flowers in her school smell really really bad. So by may, the campus smelled awful. She didn't get away with, given that she was one of the few who could control plants at her school.

gio- Oh man, that is difficult. Can't give a full answer cuz I don't know much on the batman universe. But she would probably dislike her for using her powers for personal gain and crime.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Cerillium wrote:If Henry could choose anything or anyone in the cosmos to be his companion, what would it be?

Man; that's a good one.

Well I know this may sound cliche or cheesy, but Henry would most likely choose Daniel to be his companion. The bond that they have for each other is strong to the point that they call each other "brothers." Together, they help fill in the holes inside them caused by their flaws and insecurity that would otherwise make them useless or give them a hard time in situations while also having their personalities and flaws clash between the two.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:54 pm

Tilt - She can't get too mad because most of them are actually true, to a certain extent. Her dragons don't really hoard things they've taken, but they do puke pearls. No you didn't read that wrong. When they vomit, colorful pearls can be found in the slop, and they can vomit a lot. So places where they can be found are often littered with the gems. Plus in ancient times some worshipers might be inclined to give valuable things to them, all this leading to the whole "they keep hoards" idea. They don't give a shit if you try to take it from them though. They also are genuinely huge, dangerous creatures that can and will fuck your shit up if you rub them the wrong way, though that doesn't usually happen if you refrain from rubbing them the wrong way. I see them as being a lot like bears: generally repelled by human presence but will approach if there's some sort of curiosity or gain such as food (people who live near dragon-laid areas are encouraged to wrap their old meat tightly in plastic bags so they won't be attracted), aren't actively searching for an opportunity to kill and eat you but will if given the chance.

Basically, Gio understands that the stereotypes are exaggerations of things that are technically true.

Oh my god, Japan. It's so true.
Last edited by Giovenith on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:06 pm

:P

I was helping friends move the other day and about five of them were all playing down the street.
mumblemumblemumble

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:07 pm

That is totally a jojo pose at the end there, Japan's weird pose outside of the prison cell.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:09 pm

Cerillium wrote:NVE: how do raptors handle their "personal moments"? Sit on the toilet backwards, or use a sandbox?

Raptor-made toilets are high tank with the seat extended a bit forward to allow tail space. In places without that luxury, They simply destroy the tank, wall, and any plumbing that gets in the way of their tail.
"Do NOT go in there! Whoo!" ~Neil
Fvaarniimar wrote:NVE, has Velocidoctor ever regenerated?

Yes, I believe he has regenerated between the Dyste Banquet where he met Neste and when he dropped by Bielefield. Going from a Tennant to a Hartnell
"I've been around a long time, of course I've taken a few knocks I couldn't avoid." ~Velocidoctor

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Tiltjuice wrote::P

I was helping friends move the other day and about five of them were all playing down the street.

I've had to follow my brothers around town while they're playing to make sure they don't get hit by cars. We found out my grandma's neighborhood is home to the Official Sikh Center of Wisconsin. It was a little bit daunting trying to think of a just-in-case explanation for what the hell we were doing stomping all over their lawn during their break from services in case they asked given that they literally were all dressed in colorful traditional flowing silks and stuff while we looked like typical Summer-ragged obviously-not-Sikh children - sticking out like a sore thumb. I didn't feel like saying we were there to collect eggs and chase an invisible blue bat monster.

Swith - How does Minerva react to being a confirmation of a ginger without a soul?
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:36 pm

Working on your questions now ^^
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:41 pm

That's me off. See you guys on Sunday or Monday! Don't forget to TG me if anything important comes up!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

:hug:

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:58 pm

What was Katya's favorite thing to do as a kid? Playing the violin, no doubt. While her mother would come to regret it (being the business-oriented person she is), having her violin given to her as a gift was a major moment for Katya, as it provided her with an outlet for her creativity, and gave her a demanding, but rewarding hobby. Katya's violin playing gave her dreams of travelling as a musician, and helped with her ambitions of finding greatness outside of her home nation.

what would happen if your characters were contestants on a reality show? Torii would be extremely panicked and nervous, and say nothing while she hid away from cameras. Katya would complain about how stupid reality shows were and act normal. Audette would drink and flirt.

If Tori could buy any tangible item in the universe, what would it be and why? A Drone weapon, so she could attempt to reverse engineer it into a rifle just her size; she loves beam weapons.

What historical conflict would Torii have most liked to participate in? The Soviet-Afghan War, to spread Communism and fight Islamic Jihadists...two of her favorite causes.

if Katya had an unlimited budget to purchase one tangible item for Torii, what would she get? What about the reverse? Katya would buy Torii her own farm, where she could just be herself and tinker with her machines without people around to pry. Torii would buy Katya a Stradivari Violin, knowing how expensive and famous they are, and give Katya the motivation to play in public.

Gonna start on those apps ^^
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse