NATION

PASSWORD

What is your favourite accent?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your favourite accent?

English
22%
Scottish
9%
Irish
6%
American 'General'
3%
American 'Southern'
8%
Australian
11%
German
6%
French
8%
Russian
13%
Other
13%

Total votes : 142

Unified Empire
Secretary

Founded: Jul 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Empire » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:01 pm

Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts wrote:*weakness for German accents intensify*

"We have a Panzer commander!"
PRAISE SIGMAR
PRAISE ULRIC
PRAISE TAAL
FOR THE EMPIRE!
Our tech level isn't medieval, it's more like early renaissance with a tiny bit of steampunk.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:03 pm

I have a Salvadoran with Texas blend accent.

My favorite accents are on the American West coast and American South in English.

In Spanish I melt over Spanish (from Spain) and Salvadoran accents.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Unified Empire wrote:
Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts wrote:*weakness for German accents intensify*

"We have a Panzer commander!"

*passes out*
F*ck 12[/align]

Nasjonal Regjering Norge
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasjonal Regjering Norge » Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:37 pm

croatain
a a a a a

Narland
Minister

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Narland » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:35 pm

It is a toss between Campagnan (a town in Italy), and Barcelonan when speaking Occitan.

Worst accent was a friend who was raised in the north of Scotland and moved to Jamaica. I could not understand a word he said even when he was...um nonindulgent.

Legitimists
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Legitimists » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:46 am

Hmm Charleston South Carolina, the elevated version a la Frank Underwood. The Mid-Atlantic accent, Scouse and Brandenburg accents speaking English. My own stuffy RP isn't too hard on the ears either.
High Tory, Traditionalist, Legitimist, Constitutional Monarchist.

I stand for a world of traditionally constituted, historically conscious nation states, committed to non-interventionism in the affairs of one another. Domestic policies aimed at reducing radicalisation, promotion of free speech and free discussion, education and social permissiveness to allow each person within the nation state to reach their full potential as a human being and a mutual effort to decrease levels of violence of the intra-state, inter-state and societal varieties. Also Anarcho-Alcoholism ;)

Appalatchia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Appalatchia » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 am

This may be a surprise to no one given what my nation is based on, but I am a fan of the southern Appalachian dialect. It's unique among English dialects, has its own vocabulary and verbiage, and older folks especially who use it have a poetry to their way of speaking.

I'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio. I never thought of myself as having an 'accent' (they say Midwest = standard American) until a theatre director I was working for pointed out that I pronounce all my vowel sounds the same when I talk. My grandparents have thick Middle Eastern accents but I never picked much up for them.

My cousin is interesting as far as accents. His mother (my aunt) is from Cleveland, his father is from Boston. He lived in Boston until he was 4 before they moved to North Carolina. He's now 10. So he pronounces some words in a Midwest accent, some words with a distinct Boston accent, and a couple words in a Southern accent.

I love the Afrikaans language and the Afrikaner accent in English. Now I'm usually good at understanding even heavy accents - never really had communication issues when I visited Jamaica or did a study trip to Scotland, but I've never had a harder time understanding anyone than I did my friend's Afrikaner parents when I met them.
Last edited by Appalatchia on Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Note: This account is no longer in regular use. I now post as Appalachia

Orange-Bourgogne
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Orange-Bourgogne » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:01 am

Upper class English, like the accent of The Honourable Jacob Rees-Mogg MP. Don't ask me why, I just love it...
♔ - Founder of the Alliance of Nobles
This nation does not necessarily represent my real life opinions.

------------------------------------
----------------♔------------------
------------------------------------

Boldara
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Boldara » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Scottish accents closely followed by French accents.
REWORKING FACTBOOKS!
- No more High King. All Kings are equal.
- More changing as well.

The Conez Imperium
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Conez Imperium » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:30 pm

The South-African accent for English is cool, I find.
Salut tout le monde, c'est moi !

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General