NATION

PASSWORD

The Order of the Grey Wardens

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:The darkspawn lead was not online for the update, so the Wardens lazily strolled into the region five minutes before it was due to update. This should be taken only as a temptation for Drop Your Pants to join the Order.

Not early enough for my version of triggering but you've got me. I've got 2 days of free WA.....urgh remembering switcher names.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:30 pm

Woo-hoo! I'm doing activity and stuff! Take that, real life!

Cormactopia II wrote:
Lord Ravenclaw wrote:Sandbox?

I predict a tantrum incoming.

You're not wrong!

There is actually a bit more to that screen shot, but the flaming is so over the top that posting it to the Gameplay forum might get me warned.

I heard there were death threats involved.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Altmoran Naval Command
Civilian

Founded: Jun 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Altmoran Naval Command » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Ridersyl wrote:Woo-hoo! I'm doing activity and stuff! Take that, real life!

Cormactopia II wrote:Image

You're not wrong!

There is actually a bit more to that screen shot, but the flaming is so over the top that posting it to the Gameplay forum might get me warned.

I dunno, are death threats and an emphatically expressed desire to murder specific people the same thing?

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:51 am

Altmoran Naval Command wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:Woo-hoo! I'm doing activity and stuff! Take that, real life!

I dunno, are death threats and an emphatically expressed desire to murder specific people the same thing?

I guess it would depend on the wording. "I hope ____ dies in a car crash" would be wishing death and "I'm going make ____ die in a car crash" would be a death threat. Both are bad either way.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:55 pm

Ridersyl wrote:I heard there were death threats involved.

It wasn't pretty, and frankly not acceptable, but I think that 'flaming' is probably the most accurate descriptor for what I've seen. It reads more like hyperbole and a very angry reaction than an actual desire that someone die.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:29 pm

Guy wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:I heard there were death threats involved.

It wasn't pretty, and frankly not acceptable, but I think that 'flaming' is probably the most accurate descriptor for what I've seen. It reads more like hyperbole and a very angry reaction than an actual desire that someone die.

Yeah.

On a happier note, it was fun working with you tonight Guy. A good way to put the cherry on top of a night of successes.

I sure hope it was you or this would be really awkward.
Last edited by Altmoras on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:38 pm

Wardens making quick work of HYDRA darkspawn

What an update! The Grey Wardens managed to defend 8 regions, leaving the broken bodies of HYDRA's darkspawn in their wake. It all started with the defense of California in the first minute of update which signaled our good fortune to come. We then traveled from region to region, putting the enemy down. Commander of the Grey, Tim Stark, managed to string together a series of consecutive successful defenses where he was given the honor of wielding the banhammer. The newest member of the South Pacific Special Forces, Roavin, was also introduced to combat tonight and enjoyed his first lead, impressing his peers and this Warden. Between the regions successfully defended and those missed entirely, it must've been one frustrating night for the enemy.

Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Tom Vasentius HYDRA
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius HYDRA » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:45 pm

Rought update indeed, good game Wardens. One thing though
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Lucius

>including a region that I used to set a trigger in when I briefly switched to manual during the update
<.<
Former Director of HYDRA Command

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:49 pm

Tom Vasentius HYDRA wrote:Rought update indeed, good game Wardens. One thing though
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Lucius

>including a region that I used to set a trigger in when I briefly switched to manual during the update
<.<

2 hours ago: Shock Division 16's influence in Lucius rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
2 hours ago: Shock Division 16 relocated from I Wish to Lucius.
2 hours ago: Shock Division 16 resigned from the World Assembly.
2 hours ago: Shock Division 16 endorsed The Democratic Republic of Pracinha Shock Brigade 8.
2 hours ago: Shock Division 16 was admitted to the World Assembly

Didn't notice that WA drop in the heat of battle. :oops:
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:32 am

Tom Vasentius HYDRA wrote:>including a region that I used to set a trigger in when I briefly switched to manual during the update
<.<

What can we say, we see Darkspawn and we terminate said Darkspawn.

Happy to have racked up 8 Darkspawn kills this update, some before they even resigned WA. ;)
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Tom Vasentius HYDRA
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius HYDRA » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:42 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Happy to have racked up 8 Darkspawn kills this update, some before they even resigned WA. ;)

Meh, talk to me when you get like 11 and they're all before they resign from the WA :P
Last edited by Tom Vasentius HYDRA on Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Former Director of HYDRA Command

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:01 am

Tom Vasentius HYDRA wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Happy to have racked up 8 Darkspawn kills this update, some before they even resigned WA. ;)

Meh, talk to me when you get like 11 and they're all before they resign from the WA :P

Tell you what, stop missing so many regions that we can actually rack up that number and we'll chat ;)

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Khronion Denral
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Khronion Denral » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:47 am

Way to keep everyone on their toes. It was an engaging battlefield to say the least.

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Tom Vasentius HYDRA wrote:Meh, talk to me when you get like 11 and they're all before they resign from the WA :P

Tell you what, stop missing so many regions that we can actually rack up that number and we'll chat ;)

Heh, between HYDRA and Alexandria you could have gotten up to 11 :P
Khronion Denral
Royal Legion of Alexandria

Olevsky
Secretary

Founded: Jun 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olevsky » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:48 pm

The Wardens look on as the Darkspawn run past the towns they were after

Another update and another horde of Darkspawn put down by the hand of the Wardens. The horde began by attacking their former friends in the Brotherhood of Shadows, only to have the Wardens take it for themselves. The update continued with 4 defenses, while additionally pressuring the Darkspawn into missing several more of their targets and leaving their successes scarce. The speed and accuracy of the Wardens was on display, in hopes of encouraging the horde to stay in their hole for the days to come.

Regions Hit
Brotherhood of Shadows

Regions Defended
Le Nerd Herd
League of Extraordinary Gentlestates
NationStates Tea Party
Republican Party

Wardens Involved
First Warden Benevolent Thomas
Warden-Constable Applebania
Warden Olevsky
Warden Rom

Allies who shared our victory
Wopruthien

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:37 am

Olevsky wrote:The horde began by attacking their former friends in the Brotherhood of Shadows

"Attacking former friends"?! NOOOO D:
to clarify, I posted this target was because it was already tag raided by another raider organization and considered fixing that, but, every active member moved onto Hydra Command. We're not missing any friends >_>

And yes, I suck.

:blush:
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:50 am

Warden Brihimia suits up for his first patrol out

It was a foggy Thursday morning as the Wardens, bleary-eyed and under-caffeinated, suited up and headed out on patrol. All in all, six Wardens answered the call to arms, including recent recruit Brihimia who was looking to attain his vial of darkspawn blood and complete The Joining. While the patrol started quiet initially, darkspawn from Hydra Command were spotted and The Grey Wardens, along with allies from the AWP Regional Defense Force and the South Pacific Special Forces, rushed into battle! After multiple skirmishes and clashes, the Wardens all in all came out victorious, defending four regions from The Blight and keeping Hydra to only a few successful hits. Most excitingly, now-Warden Brihimia attained his vial of darkspawn blood and completed his joining successfully, ready now to combat the tainted menace at all turns.

Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Brihimia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brihimia » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:51 am

That was fun seeing my friends on the tagfields! :D
brihimia

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010

Postby Bodobol » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:24 am

I actually set my alarm early enough today to wake up for minor (11am here).

And then I slept through it anyway.

Good job to everyone who participated!
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Yuno10
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuno10 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:01 pm

I love how we were outnumbered 2:9.
It made things rly exciting >w<
Thanks for that :3

*yun hugs everyone who showed up but scolds bodo a bit to sleep earlier♡*

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:02 pm

Outnumbered two to NINE? Raiders are the underdogs now.. I'll have to puff out and squeak aggressively to scare some of those defenders away..
Kevät itkee talven töitä Käy hyinen tuulen henki Kevät itkee talven töitä Virta kantaa luita rantaan

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:22 pm

Vando0sa wrote:Outnumbered two to NINE? Raiders are the underdogs now.. I'll have to puff out and squeak aggressively to scare some of those defenders away..

Sure, there's that, or you could come join us ;)
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olevsky
Secretary

Founded: Jun 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Olevsky » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:25 pm

Best Report Image 2016

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:56 pm

Warden Bodobol enjoying his first taste of the banhammer in years

We've done it! Exactly a month after the Order had returned, the Wardens had an update in which no successful invasions were allowed. Our first few victories were scored at the expense of our friends over in Kingdom of Alexandria, but we know that they'll grow to be something special in the coming months. The tail end of update saw darkspawn hailing from Firehelm succumbing to the holy might of the Wardens. All in all, five raids were attempted and five raids were thwarted.

I just want to break character for a minute and just say that this past month has been the most fun I've had on NationStates in a few years. I'm so glad that I decided to try this again and I can not thank those of you who have joined me enough. I'll probably make another post about our first month in the coming days, but I just had to share that.

Regions Defended
The Planetary Alliance
New minds oasis
Vermont
Outer Heavenn
Warzone Asia

Wardens Involved
First Warden Benevolent Thomas
Warden Commander Tim-opolis
Warden Olevsky
Warden Bodobol
Warden Brihimia

We were joined by our good friend Roavin of the South Pacific Special Forces

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010

Postby Bodobol » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:00 pm

My jumping was horrendously slow the entire update. But indeed, I did get to ban people tonight so that was fun.

I'm looking forward to much more banhammering in the future. :P
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Nice to see the Wardens grow. I'll see you all on the field of battle! ;)
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay