NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rikatan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Tue May 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Great Order wrote:Does anyone here play TT?

Only faggits play Fisted Freeline. Summoner's Rift is the only decent map they got.

I like ARAM too. Forces me to try new things when I don't do that enough. :P

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Tue May 24, 2016 2:37 pm

Rikatan wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Only faggits play Fisted Freeline. Summoner's Rift is the only decent map they got.

I like ARAM too. Forces me to try new things when I don't do that enough. :P

ARAM's okay, but matches there are usually horribly one-sided. Also the deathtimers tend to grow too damn long as the game progresses.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Rikatan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Tue May 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Rikatan wrote:I like ARAM too. Forces me to try new things when I don't do that enough. :P

ARAM's okay, but matches there are usually horribly one-sided. Also the deathtimers tend to grow too damn long as the game progresses.

Yeah, anything that's not SR has huge balancing issues. It's kinda impossible to balance the game across multiple maps and game modes.
EDIT: Then again, I'm used to horribly one-sided matches. No amount of balancing can fix the toxic community's effect on gameplay, on SR and outside.
Last edited by Rikatan on Tue May 24, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Tue May 24, 2016 3:08 pm

Doom Legions wrote:

Only faggits play Fisted Freeline. Summoner's Rift is the only decent map they got.

*** Warned for trolling ***

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Tue May 24, 2016 3:33 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Only faggits play Fisted Freeline. Summoner's Rift is the only decent map they got.

*** Warned for trolling ***

Trolling? What? Where? Come on, we're not eight anymore. I can slaughter and pillage and swear without bounds in an RP, but when I say the word 'faggit' OOC-ly and jokingly once I get warned for trolling? Preposterous.
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 24, 2016 6:58 pm

For fucks sake. That's my 4th champion shard in a row. This is getting old.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 24, 2016 7:07 pm

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Tue May 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:For fucks sake. That's my 4th champion shard in a row. This is getting old.

Don't you want level six mastery

Great Order
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Order » Tue May 24, 2016 8:22 pm

Rikatan wrote:

It's so boring. The game is faster but it loses the strategy element that SR has. Jungling is rendered useless by roaming, since the map is so small that you can just walk from a lane to the other without anyone noticing in time. There also doesn't really seem to be a meta, which I dislike.

No strategy? No my friend, not at all. Jungling is the meta actually, but newer people to the map do not seem to think it is a good idea. The point of jungling on TT is to give two laners solo exp and gold while keeping a smite for Vilemaw, and having a jungle keeps a bit of map pressure up that limits aggression to an extent since laners can not go all in without at least some fear of a jungler coming out from the fog of war. If people are not noticing a roam, then someone should have pinged MIA - same as SR. The lanes are smaller, so retreating back to safety is just as quick as the roam - if not quicker. As for the meta, the general set up is one top, one jungle, and one bot. Normally people want a team that has someone beefy, someone with a lot of magic damage, and then someone with high physical damage. If either of the two main damage dealers can get beefy, then that is nice, and your tank can bring some damage too - so juggernauts, J4, and Mao are pretty good. The squishiest of the two solo laners goes bot since the distance between the two opposing first towers is shorter, so it is safer for them to be in. The other goes top. Junglers in TT want to have decent early ganks that are purely off of abilities, so you will see stuff like Rek'Sai, J4, Mao, Lee, Olaf, Zac, Panth, and Voli. Mao, J4, and Rek'Sai also have kits that offer vision, which makes them very valuable in a map without wards. Skirmishing in TT is where the fun happens and is more or less the most important aspect - if you want quick practice for midgame teamfights for SR, then playing some TT may be helpful. Fights can be made of off ganks, alters, or Vilemaw. A lot of people underestimate/overestimate the importance of alters, and I have seen a good amount of people who think that alters are worth dying for. They really are not - at least not anymore. They used to grant % AD and AP, but now it is just 10% ms for one and the ms plus a 1% max health heal on minion or monster kill A lot of ADC's are not played that much since the map does not have the best AD items stat wise, and often they do not have as much room to work with as SR, but you may see an Ez or Jhin. Jhin in particular is pretty strong because you can start brawler's glove with a long sword and two pots, which gives him some great damage with an early fourth shot. His kit is also pretty strong because of the map - his q has good base damage, his w and give him strong pressure and can allow him to simply walk to the health relic and root the top laner, and then his ult covers a decent amount of the map and the damage is really good. Just like SR, the goal is to win in lane or go even, win fights, push waves, get objectives, then go for the win. Alters and Vilemaw help you get fights which allows you to do what you need to win, and Vile buffs minions. I could go on, but at this point I think you get the gist of it.

Edit: Forgot to mention Graves in ADC's worth playing. So many walls to get the instant Q proc on, and he can handle people getting on him probably better than any other ADC.
Last edited by Great Order on Tue May 24, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power is a wonderful thing - Use it wisely

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue May 24, 2016 8:45 pm

My only issue with TT, is that it's so sparsely played, I either play against or get bots on my team.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed May 25, 2016 12:53 am

15-2-8, and this fucking game has the gall to give me an A+. What a load.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Rikatan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Rikatan » Wed May 25, 2016 7:53 am

Ameriganastan wrote:My only issue with TT, is that it's so sparsely played, I either play against or get bots on my team.

That's why they removed Dominion. The issues were even worse there.

Great Order wrote:No strategy? No my friend, not at all.

-snip-

I guess I just don't see the fun in it. I really like the state of SR, always did, so I don't really need other modes. I like thing I'm used to. :P

Actually, regarding that, I had this awesome game where I was playing a champion I main, and the enemy team surrendered when I thought we were, like, 8 minutes in. Turns out it was the 23rd minute or so. The thing that made it a fun game was that it was so mundane and relaxing for a League game that it had the opposite effect on me: I had way too much fun to realize how much time had passed. I like that. :D
I wish I could have more games where the early game extends into the 20th minute or more, where barely any kills are made. Every single patch seems to speed the game up more and more...

Great Order
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Order » Wed May 25, 2016 9:51 am

Rikatan wrote:I guess I just don't see the fun in it. I really like the state of SR, always did, so I don't really need other modes. I like thing I'm used to. :P

Actually, regarding that, I had this awesome game where I was playing a champion I main, and the enemy team surrendered when I thought we were, like, 8 minutes in. Turns out it was the 23rd minute or so. The thing that made it a fun game was that it was so mundane and relaxing for a League game that it had the opposite effect on me: I had way too much fun to realize how much time had passed. I like that. :D
I wish I could have more games where the early game extends into the 20th minute or more, where barely any kills are made. Every single patch seems to speed the game up more and more...

I really understand what you mean when you say that. When I play ADC on SR, I find simply farming until I have four items to be rather enjoyable. I mean there is just something really relaxing in CS'ing, and it is something that I may try to do in a game to sort of reset my mind. After farming, then I can transition into teamfighting where I can trust my meatshi- I mean team mates to absorb damage while I hammer off from my sweet, sweet 650 range on Cait. That is rather fun when I am playing ADC, but on TT, the brawly nature of it is rather exciting and can make for a very nice change of pace.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Gotta love those dead weight teams. And just for added annoyance, I came this close to my first Penta.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Great Order
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Order » Thu May 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Gotta love those dead weight teams. And just for added annoyance, I came this close to my first Penta.

I love how the full tank Rammus did the most damage on their team and the second most in game. But your Zilean's build is just... disgusting, even for normals, like it has no redeeming features. Even the items he had before the final build were still bad. I do not entirely get why Quinn went Iceborn either, and I really do not like Kog's gunblade. At least your WW understood that following the recommended build can be a good idea.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu May 26, 2016 10:46 pm

I lost top lane. To a fucking Braum. This is a new low.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Fri May 27, 2016 1:51 am

Ameriganastan wrote:I lost top lane. To a fucking Braum. This is a new low.

Lfmao. Who'd you play as?
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 27, 2016 2:08 am

Doom Legions wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I lost top lane. To a fucking Braum. This is a new low.

Lfmao. Who'd you play as?

Sion. A guy made for the toplane got stomped by a guy with one frigging damage ability. It's like losing mid lane to a Bard.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Fri May 27, 2016 3:20 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Lfmao. Who'd you play as?

Sion. A guy made for the toplane got stomped by a guy with one frigging damage ability. It's like losing mid lane to a Bard.

How the hell did you manage that? Got camped by their jungler or something?
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 27, 2016 12:18 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Sion. A guy made for the toplane got stomped by a guy with one frigging damage ability. It's like losing mid lane to a Bard.

How the hell did you manage that? Got camped by their jungler or something?

No. He was kicking my shit so bad, the jungler never even showed up. I legit almost uninstalled the game.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Doom Legions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Fri May 27, 2016 12:21 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:How the hell did you manage that? Got camped by their jungler or something?

No. He was kicking my shit so bad, the jungler never even showed up. I legit almost uninstalled the game.

Lal, you should go on a penance crusade to restore your honour man, you done messed up.
Born2shit4ced2wipe

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Dominion is on the temporary game mode rotation. And holy crap, it actually looks like it got a visual upgrade. It actually looks...playable.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri May 27, 2016 4:27 pm

*Sigh*
And now I'm banned for 2 weeks again. Thank you, string of losses that made me rage.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sat May 28, 2016 4:01 pm

IM, curious as to why your Sona page has AD on it.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Sun May 29, 2016 8:59 am

Kractero wrote:IM, curious as to why your Sona page has AD on it.

that empowered auto duh.

nah but seriously, I once had a Riven page where I ran MagicPen instead of ArmorPen by accident. >.>

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction