NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue May 24, 2016 3:30 pm

All the characters should be added to the OP now I think.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue May 24, 2016 9:09 pm

I promise my subsequent posts probably won't be quite as thick with swearing and dick jokes :p
Last edited by Ularn on Tue May 24, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed May 25, 2016 4:01 am

Okay, so I will try to figure out how to go outside from the hotel to the ground floor without being attacked, with a normal character with no training, very civilian-y.

Can I use NPCs to form up a group of survivors that my character will be involved until we reached a certain point where she will be joined the other characters?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed May 25, 2016 4:09 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Okay, so I will try to figure out how to go outside from the hotel to the ground floor without being attacked, with a normal character with no training, very civilian-y.

Can I use NPCs to form up a group of survivors that my character will be involved until we reached a certain point where she will be joined the other characters?

That's pretty much what I'm doing with Andy; initially pairing Flak up with a more competent NPC to explain how he escaped the building site alive. I'll get rid of him once Flak's able to stand on his own better.

Is Sherry's hotel in Seattle? I could have Flak and Andy run into her while they're making their getaway in Andy's truck.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Wed May 25, 2016 4:12 am

Ularn wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Okay, so I will try to figure out how to go outside from the hotel to the ground floor without being attacked, with a normal character with no training, very civilian-y.

That's pretty much what I'm doing with Andy; initially pairing Flak up with a more competent NPC to explain how he escaped the building site alive. I'll get rid of him once Flak's able to stand on his own better.

Is Sherry's hotel in Seattle? I could have Flak and Andy run into her while they're making their getaway in Andy's truck.

Yeah she's at the international airport in Seattle. Also I can have Joseph start to make his way to Seattle to meet up with y'all. The one thing you might consider is using the air ducts as best as possible.
Last edited by Kyraina on Wed May 25, 2016 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed May 25, 2016 7:58 am

Ularn wrote:

Sherry's in Dulles Aiprort's hotel. But I can retcon so that she is in a hotel in the airport in Seattle.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Wed May 25, 2016 8:27 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ularn wrote:That's pretty much what I'm doing with Andy; initially pairing Flak up with a more competent NPC to explain how he escaped the building site alive. I'll get rid of him once Flak's able to stand on his own better.

Sherry's in Dulles Aiprort's hotel. But I can retcon so that she is in a hotel in the airport in Seattle.

would probably be better that way since, considering the safe zone is just outside of Seattle

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Wed May 25, 2016 8:44 am

Expect a post at some point today.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed May 25, 2016 10:37 am

Simon's at a store...somewhere. Probably in Seattle, to make him in a reasonable location compared to where others are, if anyone wants to meet up with him
Times are looking grim these days~

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed May 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ularn wrote:That's pretty much what I'm doing with Andy; initially pairing Flak up with a more competent NPC to explain how he escaped the building site alive. I'll get rid of him once Flak's able to stand on his own better.

Especially since Dulles airport is in Washington DC, the city, which is on the exact opposite side of the country from Washington State, home of Fort Casey :P
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed May 25, 2016 1:53 pm

I forgot to mention that Effy was in Arlington, and I'm just going to assume that she goes to the high school I went to recently for the caucus thing.

In other words, my characters aren't really anywhere near anybody else yet. Arlington is rather north of me, in the opposite direction of Seattle, and Monroe is an hour from Seattle.
My Last.FM and RYM

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed May 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Character Application

Name: Sierra Foss

Appearance: About 5'6, with naturally blonde hair and green eyes. Athletic build. Quick and good reflexes but not very strong. Originally had long blonde hair with dark streaks and a nose piercing. Removed the piercing and chopped the hair short (see below) with her knife to make life a little easier on the run from zombies. Some very noticable scars on her lower back (see biography for how).

Personal Items: Red Moped

Weapons: Sharpened wooden staff, Surgical scalpels. As a nurse, she intially uses surgical scalpels from her medical supplies kit to defend herself. She later finds a sturdy, strong oak branch and uses the scalpels to sharpen it into an effective skull-bashing weaponing.

Bio: Was born as the eldest of four children to a middle class family in Harlow, Essex, England. Her alcoholic father's job as a butcher disgusted her, and as a result she has been a vegetarian since age 9. Sierra took great care in looking over her younger siblings and protecting them from her unstable father. At age 14, her father deeply gashed her lower back with a nail becaue she refused to let him hold the baby in his drunken state. Sierra developed a very compassionate, protective nature from a young age and used this to find her calling in life. At age 19, she initially enrolled at the University of Essex to study Botany, but dropped out after one semester and instead spent the year becoming a Red Cross-certified non-profit Nurse and Pediatrician. At age 20, she began travelling with the Red Cross to care for impoverished children with year-long stays in locations such as Cambodia, Zimbabwe and Haiti. She returned from her stint in Haiti one month before the outbreak. She felt happy and fulfilled by the good deeds she had dedicated her life to, but was tired of third-world locations. She resolved to work as a Nurse and Counselor at an inner city orphanage in Seattle for awhile. The day the plague struck, Sierra arrived at the orphanage to a gruesome site: dozens and dozens of zombified children eating each other.....This is the setting where I will begin RPing.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Wed May 25, 2016 3:33 pm

Corrian wrote:I forgot to mention that Effy was in Arlington, and I'm just going to assume that she goes to the high school I went to recently for the caucus thing.

In other words, my characters aren't really anywhere near anybody else yet. Arlington is rather north of me, in the opposite direction of Seattle, and Monroe is an hour from Seattle.

Actually Joseph is in White Horse, which is just 30 minutes East of Arlington of google maps is to be believed
Last edited by Kyraina on Wed May 25, 2016 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed May 25, 2016 3:33 pm

Cosumar wrote:Character Application

Appearance: About 5'6, with naturally blonde hair and green eyes. Athletic build. Quick and good reflexes but not very strong. Originally had long blonde hair with dark streaks and a nose piercing. Removed the piercing and chopped the hair short (see below) with her knife to make life a little easier on the run from zombies. Some very noticable scars on her lower back (see biography for how).

Weapons: Sharpened wooden staff, Surgical scalpels. As a nurse, she intially uses surgical scalpels from her medical supplies kit to defend herself. She later finds a sturdy, strong oak branch and uses the scalpels to sharpen it into an effective skull-bashing weaponing.

Bio: Was born as the eldest of four children to a middle class family in Harlow, Essex, England. Her alcoholic father's job as a butcher disgusted her, and as a result she has been a vegetarian since age 9. Sierra took great care in looking over her younger siblings and protecting them from her unstable father. At age 14, her father deeply gashed her lower back with a nail becaue she refused to let him hold the baby in his drunken state. Sierra developed a very compassionate, protective nature from a young age and used this to find her calling in life. At age 19, she initially enrolled at the University of Essex to study Botany, but dropped out after one semester and instead spent the year becoming a Red Cross-certified non-profit Nurse and Pediatrician. At age 20, she began travelling with the Red Cross to care for impoverished children with year-long stays in locations such as Cambodia, Zimbabwe and Haiti. She returned from her stint in Haiti one month before the outbreak. She felt happy and fulfilled by the good deeds she had dedicated her life to, but was tired of third-world locations. She resolved to work as a Nurse and Counselor at an inner city orphanage in Seattle for awhile. The day the plague struck, Sierra arrived at the orphanage to a gruesome site: dozens and dozens of zombified children eating each other.....This is the setting where I will begin RPing.

I assume that the short hair and whatnot will come later in the RP, not right at the start

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed May 25, 2016 3:35 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Corrian wrote:I forgot to mention that Effy was in Arlington, and I'm just going to assume that she goes to the high school I went to recently for the caucus thing.

Actually Joseph is in White Horse, which is just 30 minutes East of Arlington of google maps is to be believed

I don't even know where White Horse is....*Goes to Google*

That's such a fitting Washington state city/town name, though.

Edit This is what I got
Last edited by Corrian on Wed May 25, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Wed May 25, 2016 3:46 pm

Corrian wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Actually Joseph is in White Horse, which is just 30 minutes East of Arlington of google maps is to be believed

I don't even know where White Horse is....*Goes to Google*

That's such a fitting Washington state city/town name, though.

Edit This is what I got

If you look on google maps its a town between Arlington and Darrington.

Look up White Horse Meadow Farms
Last edited by Kyraina on Wed May 25, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Wed May 25, 2016 3:46 pm

Terintania wrote:
Cosumar wrote:Character Application

I assume that the short hair and whatnot will come later in the RP, not right at the start

Correct.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Wed May 25, 2016 4:17 pm

Cosumar wrote:
Terintania wrote:I assume that the short hair and whatnot will come later in the RP, not right at the start

Correct.

Alright, accepted

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed May 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Ularn wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

Especially since Dulles airport is in Washington DC, the city, which is on the exact opposite side of the country from Washington State, home of Fort Casey :P

Okay, retconning her location so now she's in the hotel in Seattle–Tacoma International Airport.

Sorry for using Dulles, it is the only airport I am familiar with.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed May 25, 2016 11:31 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ularn wrote:Especially since Dulles airport is in Washington DC, the city, which is on the exact opposite side of the country from Washington State, home of Fort Casey :P

Okay, retconning her location so now she's in the hotel in Seattle–Tacoma International Airport.

No worries. In that case, I've come up with a reason for Flak and Andy to head for that hotel, where they can coincidentally meet up with Sherry. I'll get writing...
Last edited by Ularn on Wed May 25, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed May 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Ularn wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

No worries. In that case, I've come up with a reason for Flak and Andy to head for that hotel, where they can coincidentally meet up with Sherry. I'll get writing...

Okay.

So...what kind of weapon that can be make of in a hotel room with available kit in the bathroom and the bedroom? Aside from shard of glass as weapon. And a lighter.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Wed May 25, 2016 11:42 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ularn wrote:No worries. In that case, I've come up with a reason for Flak and Andy to head for that hotel, where they can coincidentally meet up with Sherry. I'll get writing...

Okay.

So...what kind of weapon that can be make of in a hotel room with available kit in the bathroom and the bedroom? Aside from shard of glass as weapon. And a lighter.

Main thing I can think of is break a mirror, take a shard of that, then tie or tap it to a curtain rod and make a spear and of there are bottles of wine or any other acholal in the room, just rip up a bed sheet and make some molitav cocktails
Last edited by Kyraina on Wed May 25, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed May 25, 2016 11:48 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Okay.

Main thing I can think of is break a mirror, take a shard of that, then tie or tap it to a curtain rod and make a spear and of there are bottles of wine or any other acholal in the room, just rip up a bed sheet and make some molitav cocktails

It's bad luck to break a mirror.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Wed May 25, 2016 11:52 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Main thing I can think of is break a mirror, take a shard of that, then tie or tap it to a curtain rod and make a spear and of there are bottles of wine or any other acholal in the room, just rip up a bed sheet and make some molitav cocktails

It's bad luck to break a mirror.

Not really. Just superstition, and the last thing I would be worried about in a zombie apocalypse is bad luck, you make weapons with what you have around you and a mirror is in atleast every hotel room

Ularn
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Thu May 26, 2016 12:04 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ularn wrote:No worries. In that case, I've come up with a reason for Flak and Andy to head for that hotel, where they can coincidentally meet up with Sherry. I'll get writing...

Okay.

Curtain rod club? Mini-bar molotovs? I wouldn't suggest using mirror shards as a spear; they'd break too easily. Wardrobe doors might be ripped off and used as a shield.

Checking out hotels around SeaTac, it looks like the nearest large multi-storey ones (I'm imagining a big hotel from your post since Sherry could just escape out a window if she was less than two or three floors up) ones are the Radisson and the Crowne Plaza. I'll check out their websites for pictures of their rooms and see if I have any more ideas.
Many Worlds; One Ring!
P2tM

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse