NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen [RWBY RP|OOC 3|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best new character so far? (Volume 5)

Leonardo Lionheart
No votes
Sienna Khan
38%
The pilot
23%
Weiss' summoned knight
23%
Vernal (could she be...)
No votes
No. Spoilers. Storm.
8%
"Actually these four episodes have been out for a we-" SHUSH, NO SPOILERS.
8%

Total votes : 13

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Thu May 19, 2016 5:33 pm

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Lucas Blixsen
Sex: Male
Race: [ X ] Human [ ] Faunus
Animal Traits:
Biography:
Lucas was born in the wilderness outside of Atlas to a Hunter named Bernard Blixsen and his wife, a scientist named Sonya, whom was working for the Atlesian government in the field of Aura research. Lucas was born sickly and ill, and doctors didn't predict Lucas would make it through his toddler years. While Sonya was devastated, Bernard believed the doctors were wrong and that Lucas would survive his first 'trial'.

As a young boy living in a house outside of the city, Lucas enjoyed adventuring with his father when he wasn't on a mission and always was back home for his mother's extra nutrition cooking. However as a child Lucas was still weak and got sick easily but still Bernard had fashioned Lucas a wooden hatchet for Lucas' adventures with him. However when he was seven, they were traveling during winter and snow covered the ground. An avalanche separated the son from his father. Being lost, bruised,cold, and dazed, all the while the sun setting, Lucas followed the survival techniques his father taught him and searched for shelter. The shelter he found turned out to be a a cave inhabited by Ursai. Lucas attempted to escape in a panic however received a swipe across his back that would leave a scar in his retreat. Lucas' fear and panic only attracted more Grimm, in particular a pack of Beowolves and a giant Nevermore. The Beowolves got to Lucas first attacking him and tackling him to the ground, he received a cut across his eye and shoulders and his head landed on a rock. Giving him a concussion and made him lose consciousness.

In the mean time, Lucas barely lucid saw his father in an actual rage and fighting at full strength, cutting down the Grimm. When Lucas regained consciousness he was bandaged all over and carried in his father's arms. Bernard was apologizing and had let a single tear run down his face from the fear he had been in. However Lucas then began apologizing for not being strong enough or smart enough and how weak he was and that it made Bernard and his mom worry. To that Lucas was given words that he still remembers to this day. "Never forget the day you are at your weakest and lowest, and constantly remember that you are better than what you were the day before, remember those who taunted you and made you feel inferior, and seek to prove you can overcome them and yourself and keep your desire to become better and you will always work to that."

That day was the last he had seen his father. When Bernard and Lucas returned home, Sonya's 'mother bear' mode snapped and she broke out of sanity at the sight of her injured son and blamed Bernard. Needless to say, the couple divorced and Sonya took Lucas into the city. While she smothered Lucas with loving care and constantly tried to teach him in advanced subjects, he was still recovering from my head injury and was always picked on at general education schools for his scars, injuries and weakness.Remembering his father's words, Lucas began to do athletics, lift weights, and train to fight. Expressing his desire to become a Hunter, which his mother saw as outright rebellion. Especially once his semblance and aura started to develop. However she continued to tutor me since I was falling behind in classes and do simple experiments on him for aura.

One day in Sonya's lab, she told him about a dust injection, and idea she had to not follow what those had done in the past and inject the dust into their blood stream and manipulate it but to go further, and merge and create a symbiosis between dust and the human body to create super soldiers. Her prototypes had not been very successful on animals however while she was away. Lucas strapped himself in and preformed the project on himself since he had enough knowledge on it and was injected with Lightning dust. Lucas had a one in a billion chance of surviving the injection and even lower chance of having it to function and cooperate with his body afterwards but it did, and the lightning dust made his abilities overclock from strength, speed, and reflexes to more subtly his mind. However the dust had merged his nervous system to the dust as well. This made him 10x more sensitive to touch and pain than others. Not to mention Lucas' aura had summoned a storm and lightning struck through the lab.

That event and Lucas having survived it drove Sonya into a mad curiosity. Lucas was no longer her beloved son as much as her proudest invention and lab rat. Doing all sorts of tests that were very painful to a normal human. Eventually Lucas had found the will to resist and withstand the pain and escaped his mother in a stormy rage in which Lucas could feel nothing. Lucas escaped to Vale where he lived a few months on the street before enrolling into Signal where he spent his time training to be the one thing his mother did not want him to be, a Hunter. Lucas improved further and then was accepted to Beacon to pursue his goal.

In Beacon, Lucas became a member of team CMCL, led by Charlotte Noble, who was his partner, along with Mentari Nachtman and Caitlyn 'Chess' Cheshire, where they spent their first semester together with several occasions of antics that caused extreme damage to buildings.

Personality: There is more than meets the eye in Lucas' case, to most he is known for being adaptable and amiable to others, and also being enthusiastic, and reliable. But they are mixed in with his imprudence in actions.
His determination and clear thinking in combat (without realizing he is thinking) when he gets serious is what he is best for
Unfortunately his somewhat barbaric nature and ease to anger/annoyance and forgetfulness to things that don't interest him, as well that if you can break his friendliness you will find a dark and cruel wrath.
However this is fortunately mended by his courage and relaxed, laid back personality.
Appearance:

Height: 6,3"
Weight: Somewhere between 190-220 lbs
Body Type: Well-built, defined and muscular, loose-limbed,
Eyes: Stormy Gray
Other: A surgery scar along his left abdomen and very light jagged scars from his first incident with the Grimm

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon:
Weapon: Vethr and Reidi
Appearance:
Vethr and Reidi is the weapons Lucas and Mentari built while in Beacon using some of the parts of his original weapon, Storm-sent, which is an improvement for Lucas' combat style.
Vethr: Vethr is a High Impact Tesla Battle Axe, a medium length battle axe capable of effectively being used with one and two hands. The blade itself is a dark smoky color while the grips are a maroon red.

Reithi: Reithi is a Multi-Purpose Concussive Combat Shield, a durable and relatively light metal round shield with a dark smokey color while the cross and the metal boss are colored red.
Capabilities:
Vethr: Vethr is as stated a High Impact Tesla Battle Axe with several important features aside from the efficiently lethal blade. It is a bearded axe, meaning that it has a hook along the bottom allowing Lucas to hook enemy weapons or shields. It also on the back of the axe head has a piercing end for breaking through armor. It's other two features are that of it's Modular Dust Distribution Units and Tesla Discharge Node.
The former are two small units each carrying two vials of dust which when plugged into the weapon and activated, distributes dust energy throughout the entire weapon, modifying the weapon to it's dust benefits. With it, Lucas can mix more than one type of dust at the same time to make unstable dust combos.
The Tesla Discharge node is a small metal dome that acts as a conductor for Lucas' semblance, absorbing and directing electrical energy.

Reidi: The Multi-Purpose Concussive Combat Shield is a powerful weapon despite being a shield, which many believe is solely for defensive purpose. While it does have a defensive purpose and can expand several times its size to defend himself and people behind him completely. It also has a method of releasing short concussive bursts outwards along it's edges and metal boss when striking something while Lucas' triggers it's usage providing a destructive CQC weapon for the shield. It can also be thrown a good distance thanks to it's balance and strength of it's owner, it can be richocet'd around but it typically doesn't bounce around and return to Lucas.

Other features are that it has a hook placement where Lucas can holster his axe while not in use, plus the strudy straps act as a backpack so he can take it anywhere. (It also works as a very good sled)

Semblance: Tempest: Lucas' semblance, called Tempest is a form of weather manipulation, which in detail can harness the powers of a storm, capable of sensing, shaping, and manipulating the aspects of a storm, like lightning and thunder. However there is a limit, Lucas cannot create his own storm but instead can attract storm potential clouds together and create one, however that can take some time to form a powerful storm. Also while capable of manipulating the aspects of a storm with ease, made easier by his lightning dust, using the full power of his semblance is so powerful, dangerous, and energy draining that Lucas can only at this current time harness the full power of the storm for a minute and safely dissipate it before it gets out of his own control and could cause damage anywhere

OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity: I'll be on daily, can't say if I'll make a daily post
RP Example (link or one shot): Must I?
Did you read the rules? Of Course

#RWBY RP Application
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.

HaHA
Last edited by Kuhlfros on Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:-snip-

Updated.

Miraaki
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Miraaki » Thu May 19, 2016 6:02 pm

2 things
1. Did Shy lose Co-OP status?
2. Are you still wanting more Co-OPs? I wouldn't mind being one
P2TMs Cuddly Trap
Formerly Mirakai. Fucked up and got DEATed

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 19, 2016 6:09 pm

I saw Laxus....

Wait, we can update out character's appearances?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Thu May 19, 2016 6:17 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I saw Laxus....

Wait, we can update out character's appearances?

fyi
The coincidence of Lucas and Laxus was not on purpose, but I realize it is very coincidental XD
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu May 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Miraaki wrote:2 things

1. Yes.
2. No, you often say you're not busy at times when you actually are. :P

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu May 19, 2016 6:47 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Nachfolgia wrote:
Definitely number two. I could imagine the smoking hot red head wearing that.

Speaking of smoking hot redhead, this will be her new appearance.

:clap:

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Miraaki
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miraaki » Thu May 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Miraaki wrote:2 things

1. Yes.
2. No, you often say you're not busy at times when you actually are. :P

Yeah, true. School has a habit of fucking with your schedule. Glad I'll be out soon. Now that I think about it, the lack of TGs means I wouldn't be as effective as I would be. Guess that kinda kills my plans for making a new RP this summer
P2TMs Cuddly Trap

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Thu May 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Nachfolgia wrote:
Definitely number two. I could imagine the smoking hot red head wearing that.

Speaking of smoking hot redhead, this will be her new appearance.

Super cute
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 pm

Guess it comes down to this or this. Almost done with my redone apps.

EDIT: Actually I'll just do No 2.
Last edited by Stormwrath on Thu May 19, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu May 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Updated apps:

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Carmina Birch
Sex: Female
Race: [x] Human [ ] Faunus
Biography: Carmina was born in Vale, the only daughter of a famous Huntsman (now retired and currently working as a blacksmith and weapons dealer). Her mother died giving birth to her, and so her father took up the responsibility of raising her. It was tough, in fact he had to hire a nanny to take care of her for a few months since he was out on a mission outside of the kingdom. They moved to Vacuo when she was 3 because her father was assigned there.

Carmina had an active interest becoming a Huntress, and would often copy her father's move in secret while he was doing some practice behind their house. However, she was caught doing just that when she was 5. Seeing that his daughter had an interest in becoming a fighter like him, he would train her with basic combat and survival skills whenever he had time off from his work as a dealer. She inherited a tomboyish attitude from her father, and also learned the family trade of weapons forging.

They moved back to Vale only a year ago because her father decided to retire from being a Huntsman. Besides that, he knew that being a Huntsman means being separated from his daughter, and he feared that he might lose her forever. He still makes a living running a weapons shop. Carmina is attending Beacon in order to further hone her skills and to continue what she thinks is the "family tradition." Also, being a Huntress is awesome.

Carmina is currently part of Team JACL, which also constitutes Avena Sharpe, Jackson Silver, and Leif Spruce.
Personality: Carmina is a tomboy, a thrill-seeker and an impulsive girl. She can be a bit cocky, especially when it comes to her skills. However, she does have a caring heart, and will stay by her teammates' side to the very end.
Appearance: Looks like this. Wears this.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Helfarch
Appearance: Resembles a longbow. Her arrows are telescopic so that it can fit in her small quiver.
Capabilities: The Helfarch's primary form is that of a longbow, which can shoot a variety of arrows from regular arrowheads to a selection of Dust arrowheads. The bow itself can be separated at the middle into twin curved swords, which allow for close-combat capabilities. A third mode can be set by twisting one of the handles 180 degrees, followed by an automatic mechanism that telescopically lengthens the handle (and shortens the blades). This mode takes the form of a double-bladed naginata, making Helfarch a lethal staff weapon.

Semblance: Frenzy. This semblance is characterized by a berserk style of combat, accompanied by quick and instinctive formulation of moves. When her semblance is active, it is as if she doesn't think while fighting. However, she can feel greatly exhausted after use, and she is working on increasing her stamina. There is also the risk of her judgment being clouded, and so she may fail to recognize friend or foe.

#RWBY RP Application

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Jackson Silver
Race: [ ] Human [x] Faunus
Animal Traits (Omit if human): Fox ears
Biography: Jackson is the younger brother of Adelaide Silver, a teacher at Beacon. He was an infant when she was taken in by her father. Since then, the two have grown up together. Adelaide became a famous celebrity in Vale because of her prowess when she was a student at Signal and Beacon, which kind of made his father value her more. As a result, Jackson grew up with a rebellious attitude.

He has fiddled with all sorts of things ever since he was 4, always trying to dismantle and reconstruct things all over the house. While his father was away on a business trip, Jackson dismantled his computer and put it back together within a few hours. When his father returned home, the computer worked for two weeks before breaking—and immediately Jackson was suspected. Eh.

Jackson also loved to explore, going through each and every street and alleyway all over Vale. Through this he gained a habit of knowing the ins and out of buildings, especially if it is to infiltrate. This got him into trouble at Signal several times, especially the time where he tampered with his grade slip in the Principal's office one night. He was expelled when the school found out about this. Regardless, he was able to pass Beacon's entrance exam and study there to become a Huntsman, though he's attempting to shrug off the popularity people associate with his sister.

He is the leader of Team JACL, which also constitutes Avena Sharpe, Carmina Birch, and Leif Spruce. The team has become popular due to three of its members being related to certain professional Hunters, active and retired.
Personality: Flippant, rebellious, unsociable, and somewhat grumpy would be an adequate way to describe Jackson. Though if you are close to him, you'd find he's an interesting person, and someone who can get things for you. He's trying to tone down his rebelliousness since Beacon is stricter than Signal in regards to some things.
Appearance: Looks like this, add fox ears. Wears this.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Apertis
Appearance: Resembles a futuristic bat.
Capabilities: Used primarily in close combat. It can transform into an assault rifle with semi-auto, full auto, and burst capabilities. He prefers to use Dust bullets due to their effectiveness. It also has a third form, that of a sword.

Semblance: His semblance allows Jackson to turn invisible for five minutes at a time. He can only use it again after four hours.

#RWBY RP Application

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Leif Spruce
Biography: Leif is the son of a certain cook in the western part of Vale. The family runs a small restaurant, which serves local delicacies to customers (not that five-star stuff you'd find in the Upper Class District). Leif didn't want to become a Huntsman, since he was more interested in cooking than fighting, plus he felt like he would be more useful helping out his family in the kitchen, or maybe even running the family restaurant when his parents would pass.

On a certain night, he was doing a night shift with his father, since the restaurant opens for 24 hours on weekends. There weren't a lot of customers, since most of them had already gone home by then. A robber broke into the restaurant, and his father was held up. Spotting the robber from the back room, and not knowing what to do, he went and threw his cooking knife at the man, which struck his left leg. This gave enough time for police to arrive at the scene and arrest him.

A teacher at Signal Academy, who was a close friend of his father's, heard about the incident and headed for the restaurant the next day. He asked the boy where he learned to throw knives, and Leif replied that he was practicing some knife tricks in the kitchen, since that was what some chefs were doing on television. The teacher offered to let Leif be trained to become a Huntsman, which his father accepted. He was trained in close combat, and became moderately proficient at it. He also began to develop interest at the idea of being a Huntsman. However, he still has a lot more to learn at Beacon.

Leif is part of Team JACL, which also constitutes Jackson Silver, Avena Sharpe, and Carmina Birch. He is the oldest member of the group, yet has a personality comparable to a 15-year old. The team has a survivability advantage with Leif, since he can cook or prepare almost anything that can be edible.
Personality: Leif is a friendly and warm person, who smiles at every chance he gets to meet a person. He is also mild-mannered. He can be a naive individual, who always believes everything will sort itself out in the end.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Nascosto
Appearance: A pair of gauntlets with retractable blades.
Capabilities: The gauntlets are used for close combat, and can be supplemented with blades that are installed below the wrist. These blades can come with steel or Dust edges, and can pop out for him to impale opponents with. Additionally, the blades can be detached for him to use as daggers.

Semblance: Mimicry. Leif can imitate other people's semblances, although the result is less potent than the original. He can increase its potential through observation.

#RWBY RP Application

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Adelaide Silver
Animal Traits (Omit if human): Wolf ears
Biography: Adelaide is a professional Huntress currently based in Vale and a professor at Beacon. She teaches Advanced Combat class. She is also the sister of Jackson Silver, who is attending Beacon this year.

She was abandoned by her biological parents when she was a baby, and was raised by a ragtag group of thieves in the dark alleys of Vale. She was taught in their craft, and tried to make her way in this world. Often she would take up shelter with them in abandoned buildings in some of the poorer and seedier parts of Vale. One time when she was nine, she stole a few hundred Lien from a human gang on her own (not with the rest of her companions), and the humans caught her and proceeded to beat her up. However, a middle class faunus came and stopped them. Once they were gone, he offered to take her in to his household, which she agreed.

Jackson was an infant when she was taken in, and the two grew up together. In the Silver household, she quickly learned to be literate. She decided to become a Huntress, reflecting on how her father saved her. She attended Signal Academy and became the record holder for the longest winning streak in the Vale regional tournament (which is currently tied with Pyrrha Nikos' winning streak at Mistral). She attended Beacon where she got even more famous. However, this caused a rift between her and Jackson, which didn't close until she graduated from the academy.

She idolized certain Hunters, particularly those of Team STRQ (now disbanded). In fact, the weapons which she forged at Signal, as well as their successors, were based off the Dust sword of Raven Branwen, her favorite Huntress. At Signal she was called the Canary, a word play on Raven's name—since Adelaide and Raven were very similar in combat style and weapons.

She became part of the faculty of Beacon two years ago, because Ozpin saw that her knowledge and her skills in combat would be very sufficient for future attendees to learn from.
Personality: Adelaide is one of the more sociable teachers at Beacon. Because of her age, she can relate to students more easily than other teachers. She is an intelligent and clever person, which is most exemplified whenever she teaches. She tends to focus heavily on martial prowess and technique over the use of Semblance, though she does encourage her students to adopt Semblance into their fighting styles.
Appearance: Looks like this, add wolf ears. Wears this.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Ventus Duet
Appearance: Resemble twin blades. The form, length, and curvature of each blade may vary at Adelaide's discretion.
Capabilities: These weapons are primarily for close combat, and can be enhanced by a rotary chamber that augments the blades' abilities. The blades are created out of Dust, which have varying effects. The handles can also be joined together to make the two swords form into a naginata-like weapon.

Semblance: Her semblance allows Adelaide's other sense to greatly heighten at the expense of her sight. From external appearance, it is as if her eyes lack pupils and irises, leaving the sclerae behind. Visual illusions cannot affect her when she uses it, but she can be affected by illusions on her other senses. No one could tell if she is using her semblance or not, since she had trained to use a sword blindfolded for years.

#RWBY RP Application

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri May 20, 2016 2:49 am

Stormwrath wrote:Updated apps:

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Carmina Birch
Biography: Carmina was born in Vale, the only daughter of a famous Huntsman (now retired and currently working as a blacksmith and weapons dealer). Her mother died giving birth to her, and so her father took up the responsibility of raising her. It was tough, in fact he had to hire a nanny to take care of her for a few months since he was out on a mission outside of the kingdom. They moved to Vacuo when she was 3 because her father was assigned there.

Carmina had an active interest becoming a Huntress, and would often copy her father's move in secret while he was doing some practice behind their house. However, she was caught doing just that when she was 5. Seeing that his daughter had an interest in becoming a fighter like him, he would train her with basic combat and survival skills whenever he had time off from his work as a dealer. She inherited a tomboyish attitude from her father, and also learned the family trade of weapons forging.

They moved back to Vale only a year ago because her father decided to retire from being a Huntsman. Besides that, he knew that being a Huntsman means being separated from his daughter, and he feared that he might lose her forever. He still makes a living running a weapons shop. Carmina is attending Beacon in order to further hone her skills and to continue what she thinks is the "family tradition." Also, being a Huntress is awesome.

Carmina is currently part of Team JACL, which also constitutes Avena Sharpe, Jackson Silver, and Leif Spruce.
Personality: Carmina is a tomboy, a thrill-seeker and an impulsive girl. She can be a bit cocky, especially when it comes to her skills. However, she does have a caring heart, and will stay by her teammates' side to the very end.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Helfarch
Appearance: Resembles a longbow. Her arrows are telescopic so that it can fit in her small quiver.
Capabilities: The Helfarch's primary form is that of a longbow, which can shoot a variety of arrows from regular arrowheads to a selection of Dust arrowheads. The bow itself can be separated at the middle into twin curved swords, which allow for close-combat capabilities. A third mode can be set by twisting one of the handles 180 degrees, followed by an automatic mechanism that telescopically lengthens the handle (and shortens the blades). This mode takes the form of a double-bladed naginata, making Helfarch a lethal staff weapon.

Semblance: Frenzy. This semblance is characterized by a berserk style of combat, accompanied by quick and instinctive formulation of moves. When her semblance is active, it is as if she doesn't think while fighting. However, she can feel greatly exhausted after use, and she is working on increasing her stamina. There is also the risk of her judgment being clouded, and so she may fail to recognize friend or foe.

#RWBY RP Application

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Jackson Silver
Animal Traits (Omit if human): Fox ears
Biography: Jackson is the younger brother of Adelaide Silver, a teacher at Beacon. He was an infant when she was taken in by her father. Since then, the two have grown up together. Adelaide became a famous celebrity in Vale because of her prowess when she was a student at Signal and Beacon, which kind of made his father value her more. As a result, Jackson grew up with a rebellious attitude.

He has fiddled with all sorts of things ever since he was 4, always trying to dismantle and reconstruct things all over the house. While his father was away on a business trip, Jackson dismantled his computer and put it back together within a few hours. When his father returned home, the computer worked for two weeks before breaking—and immediately Jackson was suspected. Eh.

Jackson also loved to explore, going through each and every street and alleyway all over Vale. Through this he gained a habit of knowing the ins and out of buildings, especially if it is to infiltrate. This got him into trouble at Signal several times, especially the time where he tampered with his grade slip in the Principal's office one night. He was expelled when the school found out about this. Regardless, he was able to pass Beacon's entrance exam and study there to become a Huntsman, though he's attempting to shrug off the popularity people associate with his sister.

He is the leader of Team JACL, which also constitutes Avena Sharpe, Carmina Birch, and Leif Spruce. The team has become popular due to three of its members being related to certain professional Hunters, active and retired.
Personality: Flippant, rebellious, unsociable, and somewhat grumpy would be an adequate way to describe Jackson. Though if you are close to him, you'd find he's an interesting person, and someone who can get things for you. He's trying to tone down his rebelliousness since Beacon is stricter than Signal in regards to some things.
Appearance: Looks like this, add fox ears. Wears this.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Apertis
Appearance: Resembles a futuristic bat.
Capabilities: Used primarily in close combat. It can transform into an assault rifle with semi-auto, full auto, and burst capabilities. He prefers to use Dust bullets due to their effectiveness. It also has a third form, that of a sword.

Semblance: His semblance allows Jackson to turn invisible for five minutes at a time. He can only use it again after four hours.

#RWBY RP Application

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Leif Spruce
Biography: Leif is the son of a certain cook in the western part of Vale. The family runs a small restaurant, which serves local delicacies to customers (not that five-star stuff you'd find in the Upper Class District). Leif didn't want to become a Huntsman, since he was more interested in cooking than fighting, plus he felt like he would be more useful helping out his family in the kitchen, or maybe even running the family restaurant when his parents would pass.

On a certain night, he was doing a night shift with his father, since the restaurant opens for 24 hours on weekends. There weren't a lot of customers, since most of them had already gone home by then. A robber broke into the restaurant, and his father was held up. Spotting the robber from the back room, and not knowing what to do, he went and threw his cooking knife at the man, which struck his left leg. This gave enough time for police to arrive at the scene and arrest him.

A teacher at Signal Academy, who was a close friend of his father's, heard about the incident and headed for the restaurant the next day. He asked the boy where he learned to throw knives, and Leif replied that he was practicing some knife tricks in the kitchen, since that was what some chefs were doing on television. The teacher offered to let Leif be trained to become a Huntsman, which his father accepted. He was trained in close combat, and became moderately proficient at it. He also began to develop interest at the idea of being a Huntsman. However, he still has a lot more to learn at Beacon.

Leif is part of Team JACL, which also constitutes Jackson Silver, Avena Sharpe, and Carmina Birch. He is the oldest member of the group, yet has a personality comparable to a 15-year old. The team has a survivability advantage with Leif, since he can cook or prepare almost anything that can be edible.
Personality: Leif is a friendly and warm person, who smiles at every chance he gets to meet a person. He is also mild-mannered. He can be a naive individual, who always believes everything will sort itself out in the end.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Nascosto
Appearance: A pair of gauntlets with retractable blades.
Capabilities: The gauntlets are used for close combat, and can be supplemented with blades that are installed below the wrist. These blades can come with steel or Dust edges, and can pop out for him to impale opponents with. Additionally, the blades can be detached for him to use as daggers.

Semblance: Mimicry. Leif can imitate other people's semblances, although the result is less potent than the original. He can increase its potential through observation.

#RWBY RP Application

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Adelaide Silver
Animal Traits (Omit if human): Wolf ears
Biography: Adelaide is a professional Huntress currently based in Vale and a professor at Beacon. She teaches Advanced Combat class. She is also the sister of Jackson Silver, who is attending Beacon this year.

She was abandoned by her biological parents when she was a baby, and was raised by a ragtag group of thieves in the dark alleys of Vale. She was taught in their craft, and tried to make her way in this world. Often she would take up shelter with them in abandoned buildings in some of the poorer and seedier parts of Vale. One time when she was nine, she stole a few hundred Lien from a human gang on her own (not with the rest of her companions), and the humans caught her and proceeded to beat her up. However, a middle class faunus came and stopped them. Once they were gone, he offered to take her in to his household, which she agreed.

Jackson was an infant when she was taken in, and the two grew up together. In the Silver household, she quickly learned to be literate. She decided to become a Huntress, reflecting on how her father saved her. She attended Signal Academy and became the record holder for the longest winning streak in the Vale regional tournament (which is currently tied with Pyrrha Nikos' winning streak at Mistral). She attended Beacon where she got even more famous. However, this caused a rift between her and Jackson, which didn't close until she graduated from the academy.

She idolized certain Hunters, particularly those of Team STRQ (now disbanded). In fact, the weapons which she forged at Signal, as well as their successors, were based off the Dust sword of Raven Branwen, her favorite Huntress. At Signal she was called the Canary, a word play on Raven's name—since Adelaide and Raven were very similar in combat style and weapons.

She became part of the faculty of Beacon two years ago, because Ozpin saw that her knowledge and her skills in combat would be very sufficient for future attendees to learn from.
Personality: Adelaide is one of the more sociable teachers at Beacon. Because of her age, she can relate to students more easily than other teachers. She is an intelligent and clever person, which is most exemplified whenever she teaches. She tends to focus heavily on martial prowess and technique over the use of Semblance, though she does encourage her students to adopt Semblance into their fighting styles.
Appearance: Looks like this, add wolf ears. Wears this.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Ventus Duet
Appearance: Resemble twin blades. The form, length, and curvature of each blade may vary at Adelaide's discretion.
Capabilities: These weapons are primarily for close combat, and can be enhanced by a rotary chamber that augments the blades' abilities. The blades are created out of Dust, which have varying effects. The handles can also be joined together to make the two swords form into a naginata-like weapon.

Semblance: Her semblance allows Adelaide's other sense to greatly heighten at the expense of her sight. From external appearance, it is as if her eyes lack pupils and irises, leaving the sclerae behind. Visual illusions cannot affect her when she uses it, but she can be affected by illusions on her other senses. No one could tell if she is using her semblance or not, since she had trained to use a sword blindfolded for years.

#RWBY RP Application

Excellent, Storm. Great apps! I will now be working on drawing Team JACL after I finish Avena's.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat May 21, 2016 6:30 am

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat May 21, 2016 6:58 am

Stormwrath wrote:RWBY Chibi Episode 2 is up.

Ok. Cool.
I'm still waiting on RvB, personally.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat May 21, 2016 9:05 am

Volume 2 begins.

And without further ado…

SITREP!

Day: Saturday
Time of day: mid-to-late evening
Weather conditions: clear night skies, cold breeze

Things you may or may not do:
  • Your characters may do whatever they want in the night. Play video games, binge-watch TV shows, sleep, etc.
  • Make sure they don't get the dorm supervisor's attention (Adelaide). They'll be told to sleep if caught.
  • No going out of the campus grounds. Your chars can go out of the dorm room though.
  • No fights. Come on, we're oversaturated with fights that have no plot or sense. Give your characters more depth.
  • Should you quote another IC post, place it in a spoiler. This keeps the IC neat and clean.
  • Ask the others if unsure of what to do. If this part of the arc stalls, something will happen (at the discretion of the OP and Co-OPs).
Last edited by Stormwrath on Sat May 21, 2016 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miraaki
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Miraaki » Sat May 21, 2016 9:31 am

Stormwrath wrote:RWBY Chibi Episode 2 is up.

SO CUTE!
P2TMs Cuddly Trap

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat May 21, 2016 9:44 am

Any one have another way to contact Aid?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Sat May 21, 2016 10:03 am

Looks like Cerr might not be showing up for this.
Just checked, last time they did anything with their nation was 71 days ago, and haven't seen them around in the forums.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sat May 21, 2016 10:13 am

Out of curiosity, when and why did I lose my Co-OPdom? :eyebrow:
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Cybraxia
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cybraxia » Sat May 21, 2016 10:15 am

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Michael Bradley / Bradford Reilly
Race: [ ] Human [X] Faunus [X] Cyborg
Animal Traits (Omit if human): Originally Slit Pupils and a split tongue. This has, however, been replicated with his prosthetic body.
Biography: Born to a faunus family, Michael Bradley was orphaned at the age of 10 due to a White Fang attack. The doctors did not have high hopes for his survival, but fortunately for him, Jack Reilly paid him a visit. After a brief conversation, Michael Bradley was airlifted out by Wolf Armaments helicopters, never to be seen again.

Fast forward, six years, and Bradford Reilly, son of weapons manufacturer Jack Reilly began his training at Beacon Academy. In between these two events, however, many things took place, taking Bradley's life for a turn. Jack's engineers and scientists went to work, building a new synthetic body for the boy in order to keep him alive while his organic one healed. With his brain and spine in their new home, Michael became Bradford, and began his long progress to accommodation in his new body. As he learned to use it better, more and more modifications were made to it. And with the onset of his semblance, his abilities in combat rose tremendously.

Despite this experimentation, Bradford has grown to see Jack as a parental figure, and a role-model, something that has made Jack watch his step a bit more.
Personality: Vengeful, at least at the White Fang. Otherwise, he's relatively level-headed and kind.
Appearance:

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: 4x Wolf Industries "Court Saber" HF-Blades
Appearance:

Capabilities: Enhanced cutting capabilities

Additionally, he tends to carry Wolf Industries Model 24 Stick Grenades on his belt as substitutes for a ranged weapon.

Semblance: Psionics (Think XCOM:LW and XCOM 2)
Pros:
  • Bradford is able to psychically effect others (depending on how they're effected, and their willpower) and items (in certain ways).
  • The more determined Bradford is, the stronger his abilities.
Cons:
  • Due to being in a "partially synthetic" body, his psionic strength is not as high as it would be in his original body.
  • If attempting to mentally effect someone with a higher willpower in a negative way, the attempt backfires, causing him pain proportional to the intended effect.

Synthetic Body (Technically not a Semblance, but hey)
  • Therm-optic Camouflage: Able to turn virtually invisible, The system is not shown to be perfect, as it seems unable to compensate for sudden changes and physical impacts nor impervious to close observation. A faint translucent distortion is shown as the limitations of the technology.
  • Reactionary Skin: Bradford's skin is able to adjust it's durability based on electrical signals coming from the brain. In a fight, Bradford can become a tough nut to crack. However, if he was taken by surprise, it would be a different tale altogether.
  • Artificial Eyes: Bradford's eyes can switch between multiple vision modes, such as thermal, electrical, low-light, and motion. His left eye in particular is very accurate, on par with Jack's
  • Reinforced Skeleton: His skeleton is made up of a steel-aluminium alloy, making his body light, but durable.

The steel-aluminium allows him to be magnetically effected, at least by being pulled a certain way. Additionally, with the lack of his natural body, his aura is unusually low.

#RWBY RP Application
Last edited by Cybraxia on Sun May 22, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Represented in the WA by:
Ambassador General Flash Quint
General Peter Van Doorn
Lieutenant Major Glenn Friendly
"When an entire world changes, there are no innocent bystanders. Only those who turn the wheels and those who let them be turned."

— Doug Fetterman

Chronically Ignored
Nation takes inspiration and is based on many things:
Mega Man
Ghost in the Shell
X-COM
Eclipse Phase
And others!

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sat May 21, 2016 4:00 pm

We interrupt your regularly scheduled RWBY for Tai-Chi with Umber. It's umberassing...
Though not as much as that terrible joke.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat May 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:We interrupt your regularly scheduled RWBY for Tai-Chi with Umber. It's umberassing...
Though not as much as that terrible joke.

Definitely. :p

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat May 21, 2016 4:43 pm

Shyluz wrote:Out of curiosity, when and why did I lose my Co-OPdom? :eyebrow:

EHEG S2.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat May 21, 2016 4:46 pm

Also, I kind of expected Avena to suggest a video game, lol.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Sat May 21, 2016 4:53 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Shyluz wrote:Out of curiosity, when and why did I lose my Co-OPdom? :eyebrow:

EHEG S2.

Ah. Makes sense. (Though you seem to underestimate my amount of free time :p )
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse