NATION

PASSWORD

Quarere Cygnus (IC|Sci-fi|CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Quarere Cygnus (IC|Sci-fi|CLOSED)

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Keeping balance to whatever since May 11!

OOC

Laelynn, Cygnus, Quies Binary Star System

The Swan flew through space, heading quickly to a binary star system called Quies.
Quies.
Quiet.
It's quiet. The Finis destroyed almost everything, leaving only... a few rocks. This system always was quiet, being a rather unpopular place to go, but... it was never this quiet. You should be able to see ships coming in and out of the system, boosting away with FTL engines. Streaks of light suddenly appearing, and then disappearing.
But now all you see is...
quiet.

The captain stayed up flying the ship into the boundaries of Quies.

The others were supposed to wake up right around this time and get some food, and at everyone's door was a note.

Good morning, [name]!
We're almost in interplanetary space! Once you read this note, get some food and then get ready for the day. It seems the Finis missed one of the outermost planets, and we'll use that for a powered gravity assist.
I also got a distress signal from a station orbiting Quies B, and with our powered assist we should get there in about 8 E.H (Earth Hours).

Laelynn

She now waited for everyone in the relatively small but comfortable cafeteria.
Sometimes, she couldn't tell the difference between Cygnus and a passenger ship.
Last edited by Abserdia on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Thu May 12, 2016 2:55 pm

David Novak stretched as he dragged himself out of his bed, he yawned.

"That was too damn comfortable, this is military, not a cruise liner," he said to himself, scratching his back. He picked up the note left at the door, "the mess, huh, if it was any more comfortable than this I might be sick."

He grabbed the clothes he had left by the bedside when he went to bed the night before- they were crumpled but serviceable- and quickly put them on. He had a short drink out of his flask, but on his baseball cap and opened the door, stepping outside into the quiet corridors. He looked around a bit before starting off towards the cafeteria; the corridors were quiet- eerie even- but he liked it that way, in the morning before people filled the corridors with their idle chatter, the thought made him shudder.

After spending a few minutes wandering the corridors, he found his destination- a luxurious, seemingly well-stocked, almost restaurant-like (in his eyes) canteen. An 18-year old girl was sitting at one of the tables, he went up to her.

"Hi, I'm David Novak, the engineer- and you are...?"
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Laelynn

We've been on this ship for 2 E.D. (Earth Days) and we haven't really gotten to know each other, have we?

"I-...
I'm your captain."
She stood up proudly and stuck her hand out for a handshake.
"Laelynn Vinge.
You're... David Novak, r-right?"

As she stopped talking, loud noises came from the speakers.
*Diiiiiiiiing
Dooooooong*
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Thu May 12, 2016 3:17 pm

No, not really; he was probably drunk for most of the time- he has a terrible memory when it comes to people anyway.

"Yes, I'm David Novak. Nice to see you Captain Vinge," he saluted. "A bit much maybe..."

Sounds started emanating from the speakers, "ahhh Jesus, loud noises- doesn't help I have a sodding headache right now, does it?" he looked over at Laelynn. "Sorry, I probably had a bit too much of the good stuff last night..."
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 3:34 pm

Akina Koizumi

Akina woke up in a relatively strange position to a loud ding dong. If someone had walked in, they would definitely see her, nude and wedged between her bed and nightstand. She looked around at her situation and after a few attempts, and a fair amount of loud banging, she managed to get herself free.

After freeing herself, she pushed her hair back, and started to get ready. Once she was dressed in her normal clothes, she started to do her hair. She did it how she always did it, two long braids. She then went to leave her room, and noted the note.

Oh, the captain wants us to get food... she thought, and nodded to herself. She then started to the cafeteria. Once she arrived, she opened the door and noticed two people.

One person she recognized as the captain, the other she recognized as one of the engineers on the ship. So technically, she was the second most powerful person in the room, though she didn't care for that.

"Morning!" She said as she approached them. She was the shortest person on the ship, and she knew it. In fact, the other engineer towered over her. Akina only reached just about his solar plexus. While with the captain, she was closer to in height. "David. Captain Vinge. Any idea what was with the ding dong?"
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Thu May 12, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Thu May 12, 2016 3:39 pm

"Nope, and you are..." he began to ask before he saw who it was- he rolled his eyes. "Oh, it's you."

He turned to the Captain, "so what was the noise, Cap? And will it happen again? It hurt enough the first time."

He wandered over to the snack bar and grabbed a sandwich- ham and cheese to be precise- he then tore into it hungrily.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 12, 2016 3:45 pm

Laelynn

Good stuff... alcohol. Ugh...

Just as she was about to say something, an awfully short girl walked into the room.
"...
Good morning to both of you."
She sat back down and waited for everyone else.

"That noise was just an alarm I set up...
A 'tick tock' signals that we're 1 AU away from our destination..."

She's much shorter looking up close...
and also more attractive...

more attractive than me...

oh...
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 3:55 pm

Akina Koizumi

"Oh come on David. You don't need to be that hostile." Akina said, and got something to eat, just some regular cereal. She looked to David as she ate with a concerned expression, "Anyways, why are you so hostile with me? What did I do? Did I do something wrong?"

She then looked to the Captain when she felt her eyes on her. "So an alarm? Oh, and about the distress signal.... Do we know anything about the source other than its from a space station?"

Something feels off... we are near where they are known to operate. she thought to herself
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Thu May 12, 2016 4:03 pm

"Ahh, well, that makes sense- more than any other theories I had... Anyway- destination's the space-station right, around Quies B, no?" he looked at the Captain, he was concious that he towered over them both and that made things kinda awkward.

"Got any ideas of what we'll face there? The Finis cleared out, but I'm still suspicious that they missed the whole planet..." he shook his head. "I guess that that's just my paranoia kicking in."

"And what have I got against you, Akina? Maybe it's just my dislike of "God-given" talent" he smirked and adjusted his cap.

Trying to change the conversation he decided to start somewhere else, "anyway, our crewmates are certainly an interesting bunch," he took a flask out of his jacket's inside pocket as he sat down and drunk some of it's dubious content. "Mind if I smoke?"
Last edited by Aghrabia on Thu May 12, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 12, 2016 4:15 pm

Laelynn

Laelynn stood up and inhaled before speaking.
"The station is o-orbiting Quies B, the smaller of the pair of stars, which had previously been used as a 'shopping center' where travelers could buy whatever they needed.
There were 3 stations orbiting it in total, but we don't exactly know how many were destroyed, and we're not in range to use our scanning equipment yet.
It's reasonable to assume that this station somehow survived the Finis attack, and emitted a distress signal.

But... in the signal, they only said a few things.
I don't know what they said, but I did hear two words.
'Fuel' and 'Quies A'."
Last edited by Abserdia on Thu May 12, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Akina Koizumi

"It's not like I asked to be talented...." Akina mumbled and finished her cereal. She listened as the captain talked, and nodded. Her entire demeanor seemed to change. "Paranoia might not be a bad thing for where we are... They are known to be around here.... How long has this distress signal been blaring?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Thu May 12, 2016 4:31 pm

David Novak

"Sorry if I don't scream with enthusiasm but have either of you watched any Sci-fi ever? Let me guess... it'll be abandoned when we get there, but there'll be monsters lurking in the shadows all over the place- getting us picked off one-by-one? This trip has worried me extremely ever since I got put here..."
Deus Vult, Infidel!

The Remnants a Flaming Dawn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Thu May 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Izumi groaned as she woke up, this was one of the few times in her schedule that she wasn't strict about. Since they never really awoke to the sound of battle klaxons as many would on a battleship in the middle of a war, she had taken the luxury of a morning stretch. Once her stretched were done she threw her officers coat on, holstered her pistol and slung her rifle over her shoulder and made her way to the mess hall, looking forward to a good cup of coffee.
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn
Due to past events I will be unable to send TGs so please do not send my any. If you need me just TG me an email address, steam account, or skype name.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Laelynn

"I'm not exactly sure... but it had to have been sometime after the attack." Laelynn said.
She then looked towards David and sighed.
"Um... I think there won't be any monsters in the shadows...

And good morning... Izumi, am I correct?"
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Thu May 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Abserdia wrote:Laelynn

"I'm not exactly sure... but it had to have been sometime after the attack." Laelynn said.
She then looked towards David and sighed.
"Um... I think there won't be any monsters in the shadows...

And good morning... Izumi, am I correct?"

"Yes ma'am," she replied with a salute, though it was sloppily done and her tiredness was evident, "Gunnrey Officer Izumi Ize, formerly served on the battleship Ishimura and now a proud member of the crew. Is there anything you need or wish to talk about?"

Even in her state of tiredness, her discipline was rigid, especially when talking to her superiors.
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn
Due to past events I will be unable to send TGs so please do not send my any. If you need me just TG me an email address, steam account, or skype name.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Thu May 12, 2016 4:39 pm

David

"You never know Cap, you never know..." he said rather quietly.

"Ahh, another one! Hi..." he looked at her curiously for a moment. "Izumi, right? A pleasure to meet you."
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Akina Koizumi

"Yes. I have. And trust me. When it comes to the worst possible outcome, what you think is probably the best worse situation that we could encounter in this area." Akina said, "Though you could say that either worse case scenario would have to do with monsters... the only difference being in what the monsters will do to you."

She then got up to get something to drink, a nice sweet tea. After getting it and placing it down she turned to the new person in the room, Izumi. Taking a quick look to her, Akina figured she was around five four, considering Akina would have only come up to about Izumi's shoulder.

"More average height, and good looking." Akina said with a smirk, "Morning Izumi."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Thu May 12, 2016 4:50 pm

"Good morning engineer David and comms officer Akina," she replied to the two of them with a slight bow, "I hope you are not offended if I leave your presences to get some food and drink."

She then turned on her heel and made her way to the food serving area and made herself a small plate with two slices of bread, a small amount of scrambled egg, and a cup of steaming black coffee, no sugar, milk, or frills.
Last edited by The Remnants a Flaming Dawn on Thu May 12, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Maye slipped out of bed and into her sleek blue ship-suit, thinking to herself as she flipped through the small holographic wake messages about the room, Why does everthing have to run off earth time? Of all the planets humanity calls home... claiming her twin pistols and compacted laser cutter from the personal weapons locker near the door in her room, Maye made to stumble out of the door. And almost forgot her most important tool, catching them just in time out of her locker before it closed, Maye flexed on the vibrant purple gauntlets made of lightly pulsing crystal, instantly recognizable as Resonance Manipulators, extremely expensive and just as useful. With her gear in hand she reached down and gently stroked her Siamese cat behind the ears before heading for the cafeteria. Standing slightly apart of the group, Maye merely waited for the briefing to continue or be resolved.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Thu May 12, 2016 4:55 pm

David

"Naaah, it's fine Izumi," he responded. He glance over at the new arrival and waved at them- Maye, if his memory served him correctly (which it often didn't).
Last edited by Aghrabia on Thu May 12, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Akina Koizumi

"Comma? Since when was I a Comma officer?" Akina said shocked, and with a smile and started to wander. She backed up, and didn't she the other woman until she backed up into her. Turning around she looked up at a pair of breasts. She instantly knew who it was that she backed into. There was only one woman who was tall enough for Akina to stand under a pair of breasts.

She backed up and bowed apologetically towards the over six foot woman, "Sorry Maye."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu May 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Akina Koizumi

"Comma? Since when was I a Comma officer?" Akina said shocked, and with a smile and started to wander. She backed up, and didn't she the other woman until she backed up into her. Turning around she looked up at a pair of breasts. She instantly knew who it was that she backed into. There was only one woman who was tall enough for Akina to stand under a pair of breasts.

She backed up and bowed apologetically towards the over six foot woman, "Sorry Maye."

Patting Akina on the head absentmindedly Maye said "Don't worry about it, just be careful next time, and be forward with your questions, might get you places faster. That and make sure you don't bump into people again."
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Remnants a Flaming Dawn » Thu May 12, 2016 5:15 pm

"Well I'm sorry," Izumi replied in a poisonous tone as she returned to the group, her plate in one hand and her cup in the other, "my stupid reaction implants have been acting up and I haven't had the time to get them looked at," she replied with an annoyed look on her face. "If you don't mind I'll be eating in my room and beginning work reexamining the on-ship weapons and make sure nothing goes haywire if we're attacked," she said with an annoyed frown as she made her way out of the room and back to her quarters. Groaning as she hit the side of her head, and by extension causing her vision to flicker, "damn cheap implants... Damn how I wish these were military grade..."
Yes, I am The Flame Dawn

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu May 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Akina Koizumi

Akina closed her eyes and lowered her head slightly as she was patted on the head. It felt belittling if she was honest. It was as if they treated her like a child, only because of her height. Though it still got to her, she had become to a little used to it. If she was even more honest with herself, she'd say that she sorta liked it.

"I'll try not to." Akina said as she returned to her seat and started drinking tea. She noticed Izumi's change in tone, and couldn't help but feel bad. I think I messed up... she thought to herself.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Abserdia » Thu May 12, 2016 5:20 pm

Laelynn

"Good morning, Maye, and bye, Izumi." Laelynn mumbled.
She went to get cereal for breakfast, one of the most important meals of the day. Well, there really isn't a day in space. Or morning, for that matter...

Doesn't matter.

"Oh, and um, we're going to need to send in a search party once we arrive.
I'm going to leave that to you guys, or maybe the Commander..."

She continued eating.
Black lives matter

So soon, so soon

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse