NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 24 - Caen [IC Thread]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

World Hit Festival 24 - Caen [IC Thread]

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:12 am

OOC Thread

The crowd waits in anticipation for the show to begin inside the Stadja pau Caena, and viewers across the multiverse are turning on their various viewing devices, ready to watch one of the world's greatest shows. As the official opening for the contest plays everything is being set up for the opening...

As the introductory screen fades, the viewers at home are met by an image of a young girl walking down a street in the middle of Caen during a busy day of shopping. However, all the people seem to go around her as she walks towards the camera. When she is just in front of the camera she points her hand out to it, and a grey dot appears. She then pulls her finger down and a blue swipe appears. This is the middle of the logo, the rest of which she proceeds to "paint". Once this is done, the image zooms in on the grey dot, and then fades to an image of a random field in Normandy and Picardy, and there we meet the host Maria Taruenal and a series of traditional dancers. She looks towards the cameras and says "Let's get this party started guys!" and the music begins playing, with Maria singing.

Yeah...
Welcome to Normandy...
Yeah...

The men around Maria pick up their instruments, and a series of others come from behind the camera and begin dancing a traditional Normand dance, the Neumadanja, dancing around Maria in the centre. All are dressed in traditional costume, and the cameras pan around although they are focused on Maria

We welcome you to Normandy
A land of warmth, of love and romance
Once you come you'll never want to leave
And we're happy to have you here tonight

You know you want to
Dance and sing with us
We know we want to
Show you our land
And you won't believe what we have in store

You know you want to
Dance and sing with us
We know we want to
Show you our land
And you won't believe...

During the chorus, Maria seems to go off script and starts asking the director and the dancers questions instead of singing the lyrics, before the music cuts off at the end of the chorus.

Why are we in this field?
Why am I singing this?
Shouldn't we be in Caen,
Getting this party started?
None of this is relevant
To this contest in any way
That's it I'm done
Stop filming this now

The directors are seen walking towards Maria, as if angry with her, but the cameras have turned away and have seemingly made the journey to Caen, travelling through streets full of fans before entering the stadium were Maria is seen standing in the centre of the stage.The lights flash and Maria looks up towards the camera that are zooming in on her, and the background is flashing with hotpink and white.

Opening Act
Maria Taruenal - Miss Party Girl
Tune:Bubblegum Bitch - Marina and the Diamonds

There isn't much staging for this, other than the cameras panning around the stage and Maria singing, sometimes into the camera and sometimes into the chorus. The background slowly changes from the white and hot pink to a sea of webcam feeds, showing fans from each country wishing their country will. Generally, there is a great commotion in the stadium as Maria sings. During the bridge, the lights darken a bit and the cameras zoom on Maria, as well as the wind machine being utilised for the first time (and probably not the last), but after that everything returns to how it was, except the background is made up of white and hot pink stripes which are forming a wattle fence-like shape.

Oh I see you standing there
Looking sad and down
But there's a party on tonight
So get up and come around
I don't care if the world is weighing you down
We can fly tonight

So when you're feeling like a wreck
Just click your fingers, I will be there
To turn your world on its head
Just leave all that's bad behind

So just let go, welcome to my world
I'm gonna be your Miss Party Girl
Leave your problems at home, babe

Lose the frock, lose the walk
And forget the way you talk
You won't be needing them tonight, so come on babe
Feel great, grab your mates and have an f'ing ball
Oh, just have some fun

So when the world gets you feeling down
Just click your fingers, and I will come
To make your life fun again
Just say the words and off we go

You know you want, you want to have fun
So open, just open your eyes

As the song finishes the crowd cheers loudly and the background changes to show the WHF logo for this edition. Maria walks to front of the stage, and begins to speak.

Welcome Multiverse, to one of the biggest spectacles in the world, WHF! (the crowd cheers) Welcome to Caen, host of this contest (and hopefully the next) (some in the crowd laugh). Tonight, _ countries will compete for a trophy or whatever it is we give them, and the right to host the contest next edition. So, before I begin rambling on...

Let WHF 24 begin!
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:13 am

Performing Nations

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:15 am

.:: 01 - The Sarian ::.
.:: Harriet Engels - Fight For Love ::.

.:: Language(s): English ::.

To the tune of: Florence and the Machine - Shake It Out

After winning the WorldVision Song Contest on home soil, Harriet Engels' already successful career found new audiences, and she stands on the World Hit Festival Stage as one of the most commercially successful Sari artists. When SariTV brought the rights to broadcast and compete in the World Hit Festival, few expected that the star of WorldVision (broadcast by rival SNN) would be The Sarian's entry. The song has reached critical acclaim in The Sarian, rocketing to the number one spot on release; Mikael Rosaro's WorlVision entry, by contrast, struggled to make the Top 10.

The stage stood completely dark with Harriet standing slightly to the right, with the smallest pin drop light illuminating her and a vintage microphone. Wearing a modest 1920's-style black dress, she opened her mouth a began to sing.

Feel like my heart has succumbed to flames
One strand of hair is my blackest omen
I can feel her here, I can feel her here
Living my own personal doomsday

The pindrop light expands, illuminating slightly more of the stage but still leaving a large amount in darkness. From the new light, a band can be seen, dressed in black tie-attire, matching the 1920's era.

Yet every touch sets my mind afresh
Every single word sounds so heartfelt
And when I feel I can't go on...
Together we can fight the storm

If they call me a fool, boy I won't mind
Because I can't see a future without you in my life
We will find a way, we will find a way
Baby, I'll pick you up when you fall down

After your confession, I thought I drowned
But then I realised our love will rebound
You and me, we can move on

As the chorus begins, the stage becomes immediately illuminated, revealing a ballroom-esque setting. A single pair of dancers are on it, dancing a foxtrot.

Fight for love, fight for love, fight for love, fight for love, ooh whoa
And I know it's tough but we'll make it work
We'll fight for love, oh whoa

Just a few hours when we're apart
And I need you to restart my broken heart
You and me, we can move on

More dancers begin streaming onto the dancefloor, entering from the back of the stage.

And I know it's tough but we'll make it work (fight for love)
When we fight for love we'll heal any crack (fight for love)
A second chance yet it feels like when we begun (fight for love, fight for love)
Together we can fight the storm (Oh whoa, oh whoa)

They said I should leave you but baby I won't
They say I should hate you but baby I don't
Yes we had a stutter but we've broken that ice
Because baby I need you to keep my heart afloat
'Cause just by your presence, my soul can be free
Just by your presence, my soul can be free
Guess we'll meet in hell because they'll always be you and me, yeah

By now there is around twenty pairs dancing the foxtrot on the stage, creating a flurry of movement and a saturation of colour.

A dancer, dressed in white (as a contrast to all the others dressed in black) comes over to Harriet, offering her hand. She takes it and is lead to the ballroom part of the stage, the other dancers make way for them, standing in a circle as Harriet and the dancer begin dancing their own foxtrot.

Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...
Oooooooo...

"Thank you, Caen. Merci Beaucoup!"

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:16 am

02. Izmedu
Prudencija N. & TI Blazevic - Poison

This wasn't the ultimate fate I expected
A slow death, helplessly ensnared by the sting of an insect
How do I get rid of the burning in my body
There's no escape

Hemorrhage, flames of wrath
Suffering, torturing, my life... Gone...
It's the end, pick your poison
Poison, poison
Poison, poison...

Regrets come as I lie waiting on the cold ground
Just take me... I can't bear this slow torment inside anymore
If my mind were to simply die, I would no longer feel
That's my desire

Darkness falls, no more sight
This is it, no more me, yes... yes...
It's the end, pick your poison
Oh, pick your poison
Oh, pick your poison
Oh, pick your poison
Oh, pick your poison
Oh, pick your poison
Oh, pick your poison
Yes...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun May 01, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:18 am

#03 Estogium
Ellie Morgent - "Healer"
Tune : Molly Sandén - "Youniverse"
Ellie Morgent during rehearsals singing "Healer"

Ellie Morgent is a girl from Darlington, the Capital of Estogium. She is only 21 years old and was born April 16th. Ellie Morgent is quite new to the music scene. She wanted to be a singer ever since she started to watch "Mehlodhifehstivalhen: Britonisea" which inspired her to represent Estogium in one way or another. She didn't mind whether it be a regional contest or World Hit Festival or even WorldVision Song Contest. When she was given the right to represent Estogium at the World Hit Festival, she said "I am really please to send the song "Healer" to the World Hit Festival - especially as it will help me improve my stage presence. I would love this opportunity not to be my last!"

Ellie stood there wearing this white robe on. She looked glorious on stage - but she just stood there. The camera slowly came closer to her as the stage filled up with smoke. After the stage floor was covered with smoke. The song started - by this time. The camera was on a close up to her. The music started and the crowd quietened.

Look down, deep inside.
Tell me what is right.
Follow the light, or follow my soul.

As the camera zoomed out, you could see that dancers - dressed like Ellie - came out on stage and started to circle around her, however, they were on a lower level than her - almost crawling on the floor...hidden by the misty fog though still very visible. The crowd didn't notice the dancers first time, but as they could see a disturbance on the stage they began to notice them.

Thoughts messed in my mind.
I can't realise,
Where I'm going, where I'm heading

The aura in the arena was one of a calm one - the audience didn't cheer, though they just watched the spectacle on stage unfold before their eyes. As the dancers began to rise and the smoke machines stopped "smoking." Ellie broke away from the circle of dancers near to the edge of the stage. And as the stage's screen corresponded with the colours Ellie was wearing, you could start to see that the floor under her had a picture of the universe.

No time to lose, no time to wait,
My fate, is in the palms of you.
In the clutch of you.

The camera shot looked from top to bottom and Ellie looked up at the camera. Meanwhile, the floor of the stage was of someone's hand clutching Ellie and therefore, she curled up in to a small ball. As she was down she started to whisper the lyrics to her song. As soon as the chorus was about to start, she jumped up to face the front of a chanting audience.

Tick-Time Bomb, I'll be gone,
Bleeding out - throughout.
You are my doctor - You are my healer!
Heart rate drops, breathing stopped,
Falling, dying.
You are my savior - You are my healer!

When she sang "Bomb" and "Gone" a large white flash was transported from the stage to the arena. At this moment of time, the camera was focused on Ellie and she looked deep in to the camera. As the chorus progressed, the stage was flashing the purest white light in to the audience. It almost looked like a lot of thunder and lightning happening at once. The fan machines were cranked up a notch higher making her hair flourish back alongside the wind.

My flesh now rots inside,
My skin is vampire white.
Am I alive? Have I survived?
No-No...

The dancers got a white sheet, a very large sheet and the fan machine blew them up in to the sky creating this, to describe it well, white flame. The camera focused on the sheets before zooming out on to her, where she was looking in to the camera.

No time to lose, no time to wait,
My fate, is in the palms of you.
In the clutch of you.

Tick-Time Bomb, I'll be gone,
Bleeding out - throughout.
You are my doctor - You are my healer!
Heart rate drops, breathing stopped,
Falling, dying.
You are my savior - You are my healer!

The stage was dark now. Nothing. It was empty with all but one spotlight on her. She had her head to the stage floor and she started to sing, building in dynamic as she sung every word. You could hear the crowd cheering in the background. Her hair was swept back by the fan machines. The camera watched the next happenings from a far.

Healer
Ooh-Healer, My savior. Savior-oh!

The stage was furious. Red, white and orange lights flashed furiously across the stage and the arena. The audience shouted and screamed as Ellie reached the climax of her song. The camera started from a far and came in slowly as the bridge started to build. Ellie closed her eyes and put her free hand on her stomach and started to belt what she had to sing.

Bleeding out - No way out!
You are my doctor, You are my healer.

After a climax point, the stage turned blue and calmed down. It was similar to the start of the song. Just calm and a tranquil - a total contrast to what just happened.

No time to lose, No time to wait
Gone is my fate, I can't be late...
My healer,
You and I

As she said "You" she pointed down the camera and she held that position until the song finished. "Thanks, everyone! Thanks so much!" She smiled and bowed.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:20 am

4. Euskirribakondara
Xabi Urkiola, Mayté & Ehi - "Gauza Txititak" (Those Small Things)

Tune: HERE ('Fruta Fresca' by Carlos Vives)

(OOC: As any usual Euskirribakondaran entry, this one is not performed in English. Translation of the lyrics is given between brackets, so that the respective broadcasters can subtitle the performance.)

WHF24 marks the 11th edition of the contest after Euskirribakondara's last participation ('Suako Danborrada' by Alía Font, Jan Danburrelgó & HaD, which won with 45 points); and out of the blue, EUSK1 decided to participate again. The whole country has been eagerly awaiting this moment, because the WHF is the favorite non-sports TV event of the nation; but also, because they want to bring back their colorful culture to the global stage. Xabi Urkiola is under pressure, of course, since the nation has won five times and has only twice been outside the top 3 (a 4th place in WHF12, and a 6th place in WHF5). He knows that this can be a prime moment in his career, or a night to be forgotten.

He is, however, as calm as he can be and proud, very proud. He will be the first entry that showcases the Euskal Gaita folk, a genre that has never been displayed before in any music contest of the multiverse; and he is an artist that has won several awards for "staying true to his roots". His two main allies in that mission are Ehi Busquets (the most famous Euskal accordeonist) and Mayté Nabusimake (a gaiterasí, an Euskal gaita player). The three of them, together, have created an upbeat song that has been constantly played in the Euskal radio, and aims to bring back Euskirribakondara on the WHF podium. Xabi has described it like this:

OOC: Important, please read the following explanation of the song
"Mayté, Ehi and me, we wanted to create a song for love. But not to the materialistic, almost shallow love that we see everyday around us in this ever-growing online world... We wanted to remember and honor that kind of love whose importance and validity lie in the small things. In those small imperfections, in those gazes that can only be shared between life partners, in that almost indescribable excitement that we have with a lot of things in life. And that's exactly the topic of our song. We also wanted to bring back the Euskal joy of life to the global stage, and that's why we opted for a very colorful upbeat performance, that is also reflected in the tune itself... We really can't wait to perform at the Stadje pau Caena!"

Ellie Morgent hadn't even finished the Estoge entry when Xabi's heart began pounding very fast. This was it! For the first time after eleven editions, the Euskal fans of the audience (approximately 8000 this time) would finally be able to wave their flags for their own entry. The postcard of Euskirribakondara began as the Normand staff instructed Xabi, Ehi, Mayté and the rest of the Euskal crew to go on stage. They were twenty-two in total (following the long standing traditional obsession of the Harrikia for the number '22'): the three main performers plus eight female dancers, six male dancers/acrobats, an acoustic guitarist, an electric guitarist, a bassist and two percussionists (music would be 100% live). The female dancers were wearing a traditional Euskal Coastal dress, whilst the male dancer/acrobats were shirtless (with traditional patterns painted on their torsos) and with white baggy short pants. Xabi was dressed like this, Mayté was wearing a dress made of Euskal tropical flowers; and Ehi was dressed like this.

The band went to the right back corner of the stage, whilst the eight ladies formed a circle around a circular dynamic platform in the centre of the stage (a black platform that could go up and down (like THIS but larger), with a black canvas covering the structure beneath it). Behind this circle, towards the back of the stage, a black standing screen hid Mayté and Ehi, who would later "magically" appear during the performance. Xabi went to the front of the stage whilst the male dancers went to the front left white ramp of the stage and sat down in the very casual poses in which they would remain until the chorus.

The stage went pitch black, the postcard had finished and it was the turn of the fifth entry of the contest. The spotlights went to the acoustic guitarist who began playing the first chords of the song. The camera started on the guitar itself and began zooming out revealing the guitarist, and then the band. After eight seconds, the image switched to the front camera of the stage, which was focused on a kneeling Xabi who was about to sing, illuminated by a yellowish spotlight behind him (giving out a cool yellow shadow effect). As he sang, he was getting up.
[0:08 - 0:16]
Ni goizko unkeren aspera (That first deep breath in the morning)
Oso izan aboliupesa (Is what I want to be)
Akua fexoteren txanta (That drop of fresh water)
Zuren maitesere akasta (That singing of love of yours)

Completely on his feet now, he took a short deep breath, the second verse would begin in a milisecond. The percussion started, so the cameras switched to the left of the stage to focus on the drum-playing action for a brief moment before taking a panoramic shot of the stage: the LED screen behind the stage was beginning to display moving flames whose colors went from a light blue to a strong orange (in light of the song's rhythm, and also because of the flag of Euskirribakondara). The spotlights, accordingly, switched to a dim orange-ish tone.
[0:16 - 0:25]
Kizera zuren poiak (What your feet feel)
Lorra gokitzu sentitesa (When they touch the earth)
Hureke un kapile matxin (That single rebellious strand of hair)
Zuren irribadez transate- (That comes across your smile)

The rhythm passed from focusing on the guitar action to a strong drumming beat as Xabi sang. A camera above the stage showed the circle formed by the female dancers, who began to dance clockwise holding one end of their dress on the left hand, and a lit candle on their right hand. The lights were becoming brighter, and the flames on the LED screen were growing and moving faster than before.
[0:25 - 0:32]
-saduten, eta guztot (And the fact that)
Hakeste abok dute (I want all of this)
Ni zu sentitu kizera (It's because I want you)
Ni dak aboliupeselakia (To feel what I feel)

The chorus suddenly exploded on stage. The male dancers came to life and got up running to the center of the stage, whilst the ladies began spinning on their own axes in a beautiful image highlighted by the candle action. The screens switched to a dynamic display of shapes and vibrant joyful colors, and the white light all over the arena was bringing even more life to the performance. The cameras were now going crazy... At times showing the passionate heartfelt singing of Xabi (who sang the chorus in Aranese), at times showing the dancing action, and sometimes switching to the instrument playing action, and even once showing the Euskal flags waving proudly in several spots of the stadium.
[0:33 - 0:48]
Voi, voi, voi (I want, I want, I want to)
Amar-te per com t'aixeqas (Love you for/because_of how you wake up)
Que non c'è filtre de Poi (There ain't no Poi* photo filter)
Que capturi ta oitexeza (That can capture the beauty of the glow in your eyes)

Hai, hai, hai (Yes, yes, yes)
Amar-te pel que no deixas (Love you for/because_of that special thing)
Que la gent en tu ho voigui (You keep for yourself and not just "anyone" else)
Ta interna maga belleza (That magic intern beauty of yours)

*"Poi" is the Euskirribakondaran equivalent of Instagram. The Euskirribakondaran society in general is currently complaining about the importance given to the Poi posts and selfies, which require an immense amount of back work, versus the natural impromptu beauty .

Two of the female dancers hid with Ehi behind the black standing screen and Mayté swiftly advanced to the central platform. The audience couldn't see her, though, since six pairs of dancers (one female, one male) were capturing all the attention with their graceful yet brisk movements. The LED screen now showed a cup of coffee in front of a beautiful sunrise where the cup disappeared as the sun rose. The spotlights were on the dancers and on Xabi, who began singing the next verse in Euskal...
[0:49 - 0:56]
Ni kafetxe kumetxuren (That smell of the warm smoking coffee)
Alond' izan aboliupesa (Is what I want to be)
Unmila euskiko bidaiare (The first day of a trip)
-ren unkeren egudeta (Of a thousand sunrises)

He was nailing it, somehow he hadn't ran out of breath yet. Those vocal technique classes of years were paying off. The LED screen went black as the steadicams played with the dancers, flowing through them and showing all the action. One of the cameras focused at one point on a silhouette of flowers in the center of the stage. Xabi kept going...
[0:57 - 1:04]
Teateraren delona (The excitement of the opening)
Uregireren haixea (Of the theatre's curtain)
Aihutxare temurata (That cute fearful cry)
Lenago ke' salfedea (Before taking that leap of faith)

The chorus exploded again and this time the 'voi, voi, voi' was stronger because it was shouted by everyone on stage (and the die-hard fans in the audience too). The dynamic patterns on the LED screen came back, and the cameras were focusing on a smiling group of dancers. One of the hidden female dancers re-appeared to join Xabi dancing. The candles were turned off and left in a circle in the center, and everyone, quite synchronously, followed a traditional Euskal choreography.
[1:05 - 1:20]
Que non c'è filtre de Poi (There ain't no Poi photo filter)

Before the last line of the chorus, the attention went back to the central silhouette of flowers, from where at the 'belleza' word, Mayté and her gaita emerged to perform the 16-sec gaita solo. People were now aware of the existence of the platform because Mayté was "magically" being lifted by the "ground" into the air as she performed. The LED screen behind her showed as many flowers as those in her dress, and a wind machine completed the scene. As she finished, the accordion began playing but no one saw Ehi (he was still hidden), so the eyes went to the dancing crew who were now performing differently, in a rhythm that matched the accordion notes, with the blue-and-orange flames in the backscreen again.

The platform went back down and Xabi (who finally had had some seconds to breathe normally and kind of calm down) stood in front of it. With her dress, Mayté was providing a beautiful flowery background for Xabi, who began singing the bridge in Portuguese (a language that had been chosen to be featured because of the recent inclusion of the sixteenth province of Euskirribakondara, a predominantly lusophone one: Uirapurú). It was as if the flowers were hugging him, and the candles were in front of him creating a rather warm portrayal.
[1:53 - 2:08]
Eu quero que você sinta (I want you to feel)
O que eu sempre 'tô sentindo (What I am always feeling)
Aquele fogo que dança (That dancing fire)
Entre nós, que nunca se apaga (Between us, inextinguishable)
Aquela flama incrível (That incredible flame)
Que só há quando os olhares (That only exists when our gazes)
Se cruzam num impossível (Cross each other, in a moment that seems impossible)
E renascem nos seus mares (And get a new life of their own in the seas where they navigate)

With the 'voi, voi, voi' shouts, the arena erupted again, and Xabi went again to the front of the stage to meet with the rest of the dancers, who were now performing around him (but no longer in couples, just individually). The LED screen went back to the dynamic pattern but this time the colors were more on the red/orange/yellow spectrum; and the cameras were also able to capture the vibrant energy of the crowd who were really enjoying themselves with the song.
[2:09 - 2:24]

Everything dark except the central platform where now Ehi was standing, given that his 16-sec accordion solo was here (again, spotlights on the platform as it went up). The cameras revolved around him and perfectly showcased the passion with which he performed with his instrument: his best friend after so many years. The solo was complemented by Xabi's singing in the back. As the solo was being performed, the fourteen dancers and Xabi took strategic places around the stage.

A new part of the song was about to begin. The floor, which had been black until now, and the white edge of the stage, were transformed in the blink of an eye. The floor looked like a pond in a crystal-like light blue color, and the edges were bright orange. Around each standing dancer (+ Xabi), circular waves began expanding as they began turning and singing altogether. At this point Xabi was euphoric... He didn't care about the result anymore, he was enjoying himself beyond belief, and that energy was being transmitted to everyone watching the performance.
[2:42 - 2:56]
Maitesez... (I loved you)
Maitesa... (I love you)
Maitesez, maitesa, maitesarí! (I loved you, I love you, I will love you)
Guararez... (I have lived with passion)
Guararesa... (I live with passion)
Ni zurekin... (With you)
Betietan guararesarí! (My life will always be filled with passion)

The floor went black again, and the edges were now red and beating with flowing blood (like a heart). The acoustic guitarist was on the spotlight again, a new solo came in thanks to him. The female dancers "disappeared" as the male ones began performing breathtaking acrobatics (very parkour-like) with fire. When the guitar solo ended, the male dancers exited the stage as the female ones re-entered it wearing a new dress (like this but without the hat), holding hands... Four on one side of Xabi, and the other four on the other side. In the platform (which was already up again), Mayté was standing, dancing around with her gaita.

For the chorus, the camera would focus on one dancer per sentence (which they'd act out dancing), creating a very compelling sequence. The cool thing about the selected dancers is that they represented the Euskal women: in different shapes, colors and sizes. The background screens were not showing anything now, because the idea was to put the attention on the dresses and the dances. The bright white light did illuminate the whole stage, and the edges switched between white and red to the beat of the song.
[3:13 - 3:30]

A final gaita solo was here thanks to Mayté. The ladies and Xabi exited the stage as she played, going towards the crowd. The nine of them rapidly got lost among the crowd, dancing with them, sharing the Euskal comeback; as the sound gradually faded. In the arena and the TV, it was unclear when the song ended because as the volume of the tune went down, the volume of the cheers of the crowd went up. Xabi, Mayté, Ehi and the whole crew had been succesful in bringing back that contagious joyful Euskal energy to the contest.

Barely audible, and with his image completely blocked by waving flags, Xabi shouted the traditional thanking formula of his nation...
"Géskerri Rasko!"

The lights went off giving way to the next performance...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun May 01, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:23 am

5.Morning Mountain (Josan)

101 (Josanic: 일공일) is a Josanic (Demonym for Morning Mountain) girl group formed through the 2016 reality show Girl Group 101, a competition to select the most competent female singers, capable of singing and performing in a girl group. The group is composed of eleven members chosen from a pool of 101 trainees from various entertainment companies. The members are as follows:

Lim Na-young (임나영, 林娜荣), born on December 18, 1995 (age 20). She is the leader of the group.
Kim Chung-ha (김청하, 金请夏), born on February 9, 1996 (age 20).
Kim Se-jeong (김세정, 金世正), born on August 28, 1996 (age 19).
Jung Chae-yeon (정채연, 郑彩妍), born on December 1, 1997 (age 18).
Zhou Jieqiong (주결경, 周洁琼), born on December 16, 1998 (age 17).
Kim So-hye (김소혜, 金素慧), born on July 19, 1999 (age 16).
Yu Yeon-jung (유연정, 俞琏静), born on August 3, 1999 (age 16).
Choi Yoo-jung (최유정, 崔有情), born on November 12, 1999 (age 16).
Kang Mi-na (강미나, 康美娜), born on December 4, 1999 (age 16).
Kim Do-yeon (김도연, 金度延), born on December 4, 1999 (age 16).
Jeon So-mi (전소미, 全昭弥, Ennik Somi Douma), born on March 9, 2001 (age 15). Having been voted first on Girl Group 101, she is the "center" of the group.

The stage is dark. The crowd is silent, expecting the start of a performance. The light is suddenly lit, as eleven girls are revealed on the stage dressed in the same outfit. Ten girls, with five on each side, kneel down and sing, while Somi, the center of the group, is standing and singing in the center.

Names in parentheses next to the lyrics indicate which girl sang which part.

(All girls) Oh my gosh,
(All girls) Oh, my heart is really crushed, (어머, 내 심장 is crushed)

Ten other girls who have kneeled begin to sing, while looking towards the audience.

(Somi) Come on, Girls,
(10 other girls) I am pa-pa-pa, nick-ing, (나는 pa-pa-pa, nick-ing)
(10 other girls) My heart is really crushed. (어머, 내 심장 is crushed)

Ten other girls stand up and dance with Somi mixed in with the girls and not in the center anymore.

(All girls) Let's go!
(Jieqiong) Why am I like this? (내가 왜 이러니?)
(Mina) What have I done now? (뭐를 한거지?)
(Chaeyeon) Don't know what to say, (뭐라고 말할까?)
(All girls) Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!

Yoojung comes to the center of the stage, while the rest of the girls are dancing in the side.

(Yoojung) Wait, just a minute,
(Doyeong) I made an ac-ci-dent, (사고가 좀 났어)
(Sohye) Am I seeing this right now? (진짜 사고인가?)
(All girls) Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!

Yoojung moves to the left side of the stage alone, while the rest of the girls sing and dance at the center and right of the stage. Then, she bends over forward and does a wave from bottom to top.
(Yoojung) I can even feel my heartbeat now, (심장이 계속 쿵쿵거리는데)
I'm all nervous and uneasy; I can't move right now. (긴장되고 좀 떨려, 움직이질 못 해)
(All girls) Body says, "Shame, shame, shame!"
(Somi) Where should I hide right now? (어디에서 숨을까?)
(All girls) All this must be a dream, (이건 다 꿈이야)
(Chungha) No, this is re-al-i-ty. (아니, 다 현실이야)

Somi moves to the center of the stage, and the camera is turned towards her, as she starts to sing alone. The song begins to intensify, increasing in suspense and thrill, while it is reaching its climax.

(Somi) Now, I can-not sleep to-night, (이제 잠 못 자겠어)
(Somi) My head starts ach-ing to-night, (머리가 어지러워)
(Somi) Nothing I can do now~~ Oh! (다른 건 못하게 돼~ Oh!)

Now, the girls form a triangle on the stage and begins to dance, while singing the climax(0:51 - 1:07).

(Sejeong) Goodbye to my flawless and my tri-um-phant life-style, (내 승승장구하는 인생이여, 안녕)
Cher-ished it a great deal, (많이 좋아했었어)
Laughed to it a great deal, (많이 웃었었어)
(Chungha) I've never ex-pect-ed this, (이럴 줄은 몰랐어)
This is all so new to me, (이건 너무나 새로워)
(All girls) Oh my gosh,
Right now, my heart is crushed, boy! (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)

Now, the girls start dancing and singing(1:08 - 1:23); the crowd begins to roar, as they are listening to a catchy phrase.

(All girls) Heart-beat, woo-oh-woo-oh,
Heart-beat, woo-oh-woo-oh,
(Mina) Now, my heart is crushed, boy! (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)
Oh, my gosh,
(Jieqiong) Now, my heart is really crushed, boy. (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy.)

Then, the lights towards the front of the stage become dim, and those towards the back of the stage are lit, showing Nayoung and Yoojung dancing and rapping with backdancers behind them, as the two move forward with pompous steps.

(Nayoung) I'm gonna miss you, right a-way, (널 보고싶어, right a-way)
My heart won't let you go, right a-way, (마음이 그리 말해, right a-way)
This isn't what I am, I'm so sure, (이건 아냐, 난 확신해.)
So an-noying, ugh, Oh, my god. (답답하다, ugh, Oh, my god.)

The beat becomes slow as 2/2 with a pop-dubstep fusion background music(1:24 - 1:37), as Yoojung and Chaeyeon begin to rap in the front of the stage.

(Yoojung) 'Cause of you, 'Cause of you,
I be-came, some-bo-dy else.
Like dri-ving a-head,
(Chaeyeon) In a red light.

Yoojung moves to the left side of the stage alone, while the rest of the girls sing and dance at the center and right of the stage. Then, she bends over forward and does a wave from bottom to top.

(Yoojung) I can even feel my heartbeat now, (심장이 계속 쿵쿵거리는데)
I'm all nervous and uneasy; I can't move right now. (긴장되고 좀 떨려, 움직이질 못 해)
(All girls) Body says, "Shame, shame, shame!"
(Doyeon) Where should I hide right now? (어디에서 숨을까?)
(All girls) All this must be a dream, (이건 다 꿈이야)
(Chungha) No, this is re-al-i-ty. (아니, 다 현실이야)

Somi moves to the center of the stage, and the camera is turned towards her, as she starts to sing alone. The song begins to intensify, increasing in suspense and thrill, while it is reaching its climax.

(Somi) Now, I can-not sleep to-night, (이제 잠 못 자겠어)
(Somi) My head starts ach-ing to-night, (머리가 어지러워)
(Somi) Nothing I can do now~~ Oh! (다른 건 못하게 돼~ Oh!)
(Chaeyeon) Let's go!

Now, the girls form a triangle on the stage and begins to dance, while singing the climax(2:01 - 2:14).

(Yeunjung) Goodbye to my flawless and my tri-um-phant life-style, (내 승승장구하는 인생이여, 안녕)
(Chungha) I've never ex-pect-ed this, (이럴 줄은 몰랐어)
(All girls) Oh my gosh,
(Jieqiong)Right now, my heart is crushed, boy! (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)

Now, the girls start dancing and singing(2:15 - 2:30); the crowd begins to roar, as they are listening to a catchy phrase.

Oh, my gosh,
(Jieqiong) Now, my heart is really crushed, boy. (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy.)

All of the girls re-arrange into a triangle, as music is being played without the girls singing. Then, all of a sudden, as the beat and tune are about to change, Chaeyeon shouts:

Make some noise!

The crowd roars out of joy and excitement, as the girls on the stage dance to the tune.(2:31 - 3:15) After the instrumental part has been played, Sejeong begins to sing the bridge.

(Sejeong) It's okay, it's okay, It will all be all right, oh! (괜찮아, 괜찮아, 괜찮을 거야, oh!)
(Yeunjung) It's okay, it's okay, I can-not be okay, oh! (괜찮아? 괜찮아? 안 괜찮은데, oh!)
(Sejeong) Stay here; it's fine right now, (여기에 머물러, 좋을거야, oh, oh!)
Everything is all right.
(Yeunjung) Let us leave, here right now, (뗘나자, 여기서, 어디든지 좋아.)
Any-where else is fine.

All girls sing as the final climax is reached.

(All girls) Oh my gosh! My heart is really crushed, boy!

Now, the girls form a triangle on the stage and begins to dance, while singing the climax(3:47 - 4:02). Pyrotechnics are shown towards the back of the stage, and smoke is emitted from the back, along with the sparks, as shown in 3:47.

(Sejeong) Goodbye to my flawless and my tri-um-phant life-style, (내 승승장구하는 인생이여, 안녕)
(All girls) I've never ex-pect-ed this, (이럴 줄은 몰랐어)
Oh my gosh,
Right now, my heart is crushed, boy! (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)

Now, the girls start dancing and singing(2:15 - 2:30); the crowd begins to roar, as they are listening to a catchy phrase.

(Somi) Blah, blah, blah,
My heart is really crushed, boy. (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)

Music continues to play, while the girls are standing. They begin to kneel, one by one, starting with Sohye, as shown in 4:18-4:48. When the music ends, crowd roars, cheering for the girls who have provided them with a thrilling song.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:24 am

6. Anollasia
Jade Kurt - Gain
Tune: The Cardigans - My Favourite Game

Jade Kurt, born 1991, is an Anollasian singer. She was born to a middle-class family in Jefferton, Anollasia. At the age of 16, she joined a garage band named The Howling Coyotes, in which she was lead singer. However, she didn't get along with the other members, so she quit and joined another band named Arc. However, she also quit, due to quarrels with the other members. She has always found herself to be quite misunderstood and not get along with others. After that, Jade went solo and eventually found a record label. She released an album titled Jade in 2015.

The lights come on and Jade stands in the centre of the stage with a microphone. As the music starts, she moves around to the music. She hopes people wouldn't mind a simplistic performance. Jade starts singing:

I don't know what we're living for
But we haven't found out, baby, that's for sure
You picked me up, you took me all over the realm
We're just a piece of dust in the field of time

She makes gestures as well, such as moving her arms around.

And this is not a face of rust you see
It's not all battered up, you may soon see
It's nice the way you made me your own
But in the end, I always feel alone

During the chorus, she stops moving and closes her eyes.

I'm losing my only gain
You're losing your mind again
I'm losing my only,
Losing my only gain

Once the chorus is over, she opens her eyes and starts moving again.

I only know what I'm working for
Another tax, so you could serve me more
I really thought that life was all fair
But this predicament is not getting us anywhere

I had a vision I could stir your mind
A stupid vision with a lethal fight
I should've been there when I was renewed
My heart is black and my body is blue

She onces again stops and close her eyes for the chorus.

And I'm losing my only gain
I'm losing my only gain

I'm losing my only
Losing my only gain

I'm losing my only gain
Losing my only gain

I tried
I tried
I tried but you're still insane

She starts moving around again but she really shakes her head in all directions, making her hair go all over her face.

I'm losing my only
You're loose and insane
You're insane

In the outro, Jade continues shaking her head and moving her body until the music stops. She is kneeling with her arms in the air and her head facing up, though not visible due to her frizzled hair. Subsequently, the audience applauds, in which Jade responds with a "Thank you" and proceeds to run off the stage for the next act to come.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun May 01, 2016 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:26 am

7 - NIGHTOM
Sebastien Syryan - "For Your Reign"
Tune : We are Your Tomorrow by David Lindgren

Oooh.
Cold and deep, dark and hollow.
Damp and steep, no place for a soul.

Enter the cave, and be brave.
No one can judge you - if you come out...
You're like a beacon on a stormy night.

Guided through the path to space,
Join hands, for your safety.
Only with God's hand, You're safe as you can be.
Guided by the night skies.
The stars will lead you blind,
I hope you'll hope and pray today -
Your reign!

King of the mighty land, guided by you - kind hands.
I hope you'll hope to God, For a place under you reign.

Eyes shut and jump far.
Where you land, a journey to discover!

Enter the cave, and be brave!
No looking back, no escape.
Leaded by the gracious hand!
Your reign is now real.

Only with God's hand, You're safe!

Your reign! (Yeah!)

Only with God's hand, You're safe as you can be.
For Your reign!
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun May 01, 2016 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:29 am

8. Ethane
You, Home

Coldplay - Yellow
James Bailey

James walks out on to the stage to everyone cheering. Holding the microphone in his hand, he begins to sing as the music begins.

Its warm and dry,
Turn on the lights and see,
A place where you are free,
Yeah, it feels like home.

He steps forward, raising his arms while singing, really into the song. The camera pans around the audience as he begins the next line, looking deep into the audience.

I see the time,
I look outside from here,
Where I have no fear,
Yeah, it was called home.

James turns around, and begins to walk away from the audience, while singing. On the screen at the back of the stage, a blurry tv image flickers on and off.

So then I lay down,
And stuck the tv on,
It was called home.

As soon as the song goes into the chorus, James swings around for dramatic effect, and begins to overemphasise his arms movements while he strolls over to the front of the stage.

These walls,
These walls that mark my home,
Stand tall,
They let me be alone,
My zone,
You know this is my home,
You know this is my home.

He turned to his right, and looked across the stage, to where blue lights were flashing, representing the cold outside his home. He shivered, and backed away from the blue lights, which were panning across the stage.

I looked across,
I felt the cold run through,
Don’t open so soon,
This is my home.

As the blue lights came closer, a large beam of yellow lights shone down in front of them, making it appear as if the lights had stopped the blue light. James turned back towards the audience.

I shut the door,
I wanted more of you,
The nights you helped me through,
It is called home.

He twists around while singing this, figuratively pointing to his whole house, which materialised on the screen at the back of the stage. James continued to sing, as yellow lights, to portray warmth, shone down on to the stage.

These walls,
These walls that mark my home,
Stand tall,
They let me be alone,
My life,
This is all I had,
This is all my home.

James goes down to his knees while singing this part, as if he is thanking the house for all it does for him. He sings, looking at the floor, while deep in thought.
Its true,
My home, you help me too,
The nights you help me through,
You keep me warm now,
My home, you help me too,
The nights you help me through,
You help me too.

James stands up, as the lights dim away towards the end of the song, before descending into pitch black. James finishes singing, before turning to leave the stage to rapturous applause.

This is my home,
You look after me and you,
All the things that you do.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun May 01, 2016 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:46 am

9. Normandy and Picardy
Anna - Sœn e Sombe (Blood and Darkness)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBrADG8lWFY

After Normandy and Ppicardy winning both WHF and WorldVision, the nation was absolutely ecstatic. The Normand Broadcaster, NNN, quickly took up the opportunity to host WHF on home soil, a decision supported by many in Normandy and Picardy; a few years ago, this would have been seen as a great waste of money. But now the country is still in euphoria, and they expect to do well in Caen. So, how is NNN suppossed to deliver again? Whereas they used a national final to decide the competitor to go the WorldVision, they stuck to their guns for WHF and had another internal selection, and out of this came Anna with her song "Sœn e Sombe", which obviously being the song of an expectant host nation is expected to win the contest again - that would be Normandy and Picardy's fourth win, and second in a row. The is nearly entirely in Neumen, one of the Normand languages which have had much success in WHF - two out of three of Normandy's wins in WorldVision have been in foreign languages. The song is about a woman who knows that the man she loves is wrong but loves him for that reason, and who wants to carry on loving him no matter what. Certainly an interesting message, but will it be one that people will vote for? Anna herself is 22 and from the city of Cherbourg, which previously hosted the World Hit Festival. It is famous for it's college of music where she studied, before working as a music producer. This is the first time she has performed one of her own songs, but she is well known for her singing ability as well. So, will Anna and Normandy and Picardy win? Let's see...

The stage is dark except for two spotlights from each side of stage shining on Anna in a long dark dress that had to be carried on by the backing singers, who now stand at their positions. The background is a dark, faded shade of turquoise-blue type colour, with the black silhouette of a tree over it. The cameras pan around the stage as Anna sings the first verse.

La orège en ma çoraz (The storm in my heart)
Fa rage en ma âne (Rages in my soul)
E ye sava ye veuçi ilu sentir (And I know I want to feel it)
Prândas nos bigus (Take your jewels)
Tu ya donèfa te amûr (Give me your love)
Par qua se ver tuet qua ye veuçi (Because that is all that I want)

During the bridge splodges of black cover the tree with darkness, each one appearing with the sound of the traditional drums. Anna hold her hand to her eyes and the cameras slowly zoom in on her face.

E alorqua les mûris efondru ôtor ya (And as the walls fall around me)
Ye sava qua ye t'ama plû (I know that I love you more)

The camera feeds fades away to show the stage from a further back view, and the small led lights shining in Anna's dress. The lights fade slowly on and off as Anna sings the first half of the song. As she sings the second part, the background shows a lightning storm in a time lapse-esque video and the main lights stop, but others from either side of the stage hurriedly turn on and off, and smoke begins to cover the stage.

Sœn e Sombe (Blood and Darkness)
Çoras ne von en tem (Hearts out of time)
E resvaz d’un amûr qua senti vré (And dreams of a love that feels real)
La lumère détdrena (The light fades)
Ye vola debuir isi ânsor (I will carry on standing here)
E tu savas qua ye besoina (And you know that I need)
Ta sœni, ta sombas (Your blood, your darkness)
Tu savas qua ye besoina (You know that I need)

As the layer of smoke finally creates a layer over the stage, up to Anna's ankles and rolling around like clouds, Anna sings the second verse. Her LED stars disappear and are replaced by stars on a black background, but they are red rather than white (as they are usually depicted). The camera simply pans around Anna as she sings into the microphone.

A sky full of stars
Blotted out by the light
And the dark will come and be my shelter
A wave of desire fills my soul
And I know that I need you

As the second chorus begins the lighting storm fades into the background again, replacing the red stars. Nina looks up and holds her hands to herself, as if she was trying to catch the wind in them like a sail.

There is a big flash of lights and pyrotechnics fall from the ceiling, creating a part-curtain around the stage. Anna sings with great emotion, looking at the audience and the cameras yet singing her lungs out into her microphone.

Tu savas qua ye besoina (You know that I need)
Ta sœni, ta sombas, ta sombas (Your blood, your darkness, your darkness)
Ta sœni, ta sombas (Your blood, your darkness)

As the song ends, Anna is heard shouting "Marci WHF, Marci Caen" as she leaves the stage and preparations for the next act begin.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun May 01, 2016 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:48 am

10 - Britonisea
Rigas Jengiz - "Queen"
Tune : Cool Me Down by Margaret

Rigas came second to The WorldVision representative, Mini Surrey-North despite winning the international results by a small margin. In the end, Rigas received 79 points in comparison to Mini's 81 points.

Rigas was sitting on a throne. The camera focused on her sitting on her chair. She was not sitting on it properly, but rather, she was slouching on the throne conveying how she didn't care. She was chewing a bubble gum and managed to blow it before singing the song;

Time is running out for me, to be the Supreme.
My palms are itching me, I'm gonna been a queen.
Got my eyebrows looking on fleek, got to meet my needs,
Lean over, and bend on my knee, oh, Knighted by King.

Don't be tardy, miss the party!
An event too unmissable for you.
All the rich boys,
Wet for me. 'Cuz you know that I'm your queen!

I'm rich like a queen,
I got royalty in genes, watch me, I'll work the scene!
Oh-oh, oh-oh!!
Now don't get too keen, get down boy, beg for me.
Until I'm satisfied, for your love tonight.
I am your Queen!

Baby Boy, can you live up to me? 'cuz if so, I'll be your queen.
Think you can grind on this machine? Woah! You must be on caffeine.
Grand euphoria, caused you chorea. I hope you never underestimated me.
On your knees now, tongue-in-cheek
As you can't escape from me.

Rigas got up from her chair and was walked down to the edge of the stage by some topless men. Of which, these men looked as if they were angry with each other and wanted Rigas' attention.

I'm rich like a queen,
Oh-oh, oh-oh!!
Now don't get too keen, get down boy, beg for me.
I am your Queen!

I'm live, ready to get it.
Fist fight - knuckles are cracking,
Tonight - blood gon' be splattered
It's gon' be a brawl.

I'm rich like a queen,
Oh-oh, oh-oh!!

I'm rich like a queen,
I got my b*tch to clean, He gon' make the place serene - oh yeah!
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh.
Do mess with me, down boy, beg on your knees.
I am your Queen!

I am your Queen!
I am your Queen!
I am your Queen!
I am your Queen!
I am your Queen!
And I want your love tonight!

"Thank-you for your support everyone!" She said smiling and bowing. She then quickly walked off the stage.

Sorry, ruined the song but hey! It's about having fun!

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:52 am

After the embarassing period during which a small upstart group of people occupied the SterGo100 offices for the duration of JWHF2 and WHF23, the broadcaster opted to try to bring Tödlichebujoku's name back into WHF relevance. Luckily, Serra Saari and Baixo's entry flopped largely because it was unremarkable and uninteresting, perhaps unsettling, but not that it was outright bad, so the feat was thought to be relatively simple. Thus, SterGo100 chose Tarja Günther's "Nothing To Me" for WHF24, a song that has been a favorite to rival Henrik Lang and Gabija Yamaguchi's "Set Us Free" in terms of appeal.

A streak of blue flashes across the dark stage. The stage's screens brighten, showing Tarja's silhouette posing seductively. The spotlights brighten on her, revealing her to be dressed in a flowing, shimmering silver dress. She looks toward the audience almost flirtatiously, then turns away in a demure manner
You stole my heart, and kept it close
You made me feel like the only one
For what end, I'll never know
And yet your lies have made me strong

With newfound confidence, she turns back to the audience and strides forward, staring straight ahead
My silence slices through the air like sharpened steel
I can go on with my life without you
You try to lure me back with golden sweets, kisses, luxuries, promises, empty treats

She spits out the last two words furiously, then gestures accusingly
You're nothing to me
You're nothing I need
My heart has grown stronger than a diamond

She turns to her right, as golden spotlights shine upon her face. Her dress reflects the light, so that it appears gold and silver
I face the sunrise
The future awaits
I won't be held back by your own failures

Tarja swiftly turns back to the audience, still lit on one side by the golden light. She rips off her dress to reveal a relatively skintight black bodysuit, like that of an assassin. The handles of several blades can be seen, nestled against her bodysuit's fabric
You're nothing to me
You're nothing I need
You're nothing I care about, beyond this

She makes her way to the stage's edge. Any traces of her previous flirtatiousness or demureness are abandoned in lieu of those of power and confidence
You're nothing to me
You're nothing I need
You're no one I'll think about, beyond this
You're nothing to me

As she sings the next lines, Tarja appears smitten, but is clearly making fun of that sort of unthinking love as she rolls her eyes and returns to her confident stance
You were one who seemed so sweet
Your nuanced love had seemed so real
So I fell, and now I bleed
And I've learned to face the fight

In one swift motion, Tarja whips out a long blade from behind her back while staring directly toward the audience
My silence slices through the air like sharpened steel
I can go on with my life without you
You try to lure me back with golden sweets, kisses, luxuries, promises, broken dreams

She points her blade forward, and it glints in the glare of the spotlights
You're nothing to me
You're nothing I need
My spirit shines brighter than the sunlight

The spotlights turn gold for the next stanza as she looks upward and embraces their golden light
I face the sunrise
My future awaits
No longer afraid of some misfortune

Six dancers, clad in black and also wielding blades, come in from both sides of the stage and "duel" with Tarja, who fends them off expertly
You're nothing to me
You're nothing I need

You're nothing to me
You're nothing I need
You're nothing to me

The lights dim significantly so that Tarja and the dancers are barely visible. However, the blades are easily seen as they glint in the light and continue to strike one another
Oh, oh, oh...

You're nothing to me, nothing to me
Nothing I care about at all now
You're nothing to me, nothing to me
My future awaits, and I will seize it

The dancers lay prostrate on the stage floor as Tarja stands strong, wielding blades in both hands
You're nothing to me
You're nothing I need
My spirit shines brighter than the sunlight

I face the sunrise
My future awaits
I won't be held back by your own failures

Lit from behind with an array of strong golden spotlights, Tarja appears as a silhouette that is radiating golden light
You're nothing to me
You're nothing I need

You're nothing to me
You're nothing I need

You're nothing to me

Tarja's face is lit as she sings her final line, and only fades into darkness after all the other lights dim to black

"Thank you all!" Tarja exclaims, sheathing her blades. She adds, "Thank you, Caen!" before she exits the stage.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun May 01, 2016 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:55 am

12. Kalosia
Nawra- Lë Vojaǧo (The Journey)
Tune: Ayat-Ayat Cinta by Rossa

Kalosian pronunciation guide

Nawra Halabi is a 20-year-old Syrian-Kalosian. Holding on to her Syrian roots, the song has slight Arabic influence and talks about the plight of migrants (particularly Syrian refugees) moving across the Mediterranean into Europe (note that Kalosia is an island nation in the Mediterranean and, until 2012, was registered in the World Assembly under the name "Mediterra"). As a result, Nawra's "journey" to the World Hit Festival wasn't smooth. Her victory was met with disapproval among some Kalosians, citing the "lack of Kalosian identity" in her song (despite being entirely in Kalosian). There were petitions calling for her withdrawal from the festival (to the point which one such petition also affected Kalosian WorldVision entrant Ǧamilah), but this changed nothing and Nawra went on to Caen.

Being the final act of the night, Nawra was at the center of the stage, wearing a Syrian-inspired dress. There was no one else on the stage. The song began and there was a warm red ambience throughout the venue, but it was mostly dark. Soon a spotlight shone on Nawra and she began to sing.

Kadë lë nobi divenam osur’
E senti lë dolur ukorë te
Ëlur sani muši alla
Laša lë kombat

Kadë lë fojli divenam aranžë
E vedro lë përmi neva plorë
Ëlur sano tu šuin kon me
Vivë u lë paš

In the background screen, a few small fiery flowers could be seen blossoming. Red stage lights kicked in.
Alli attaves lë mer perilosë
Trovi, tu trovi la serenita
Daro, si ja daro te men mano
Pirže ja t’amiro

Kadë tu vedri ufini men faro
Kadë tu invojari me ten permi señal
Speton, ja speton te su lë kosta
Pirže ivo fida u te

As there was a short lyrical break, Nawra took the time to say this: "Peace! I dedicate this song to all of you out there who are struggling, to those who are looking for a way out of your problems. I pray that you will get there. There IS a way out, I promise you. I believe in you."
Kruro trovin la serenita
Kruro ja tu vedrin men faro
Ëlur sano tu šuin kon me
Vivë u lë paš

More of these flowers grew, and through this next part it filled the screen, which now glowed an intense red.
Alli attaves lë mer perilosë
Trovi, tu trovi la serenita
Daro, si ja daro te men mano
Pirže ja t’amiro

Kadë tu vedri ufini men faro
Kadë tu invojari me ten permi señal
Speton, ja speton te su lë kosta
Kompletin ten vojaǧo

The intensity of the background screen's glow now faded, with only thin red outlines of the flowers being visible. The rest of the stage is dark except for a spotlight on Nawra.
Kompletin ten vojaǧo

The song ended, the regular lights turned on again, and Nawra said: "Gretsi, šukrån, thank you everyone!" before leaving the stage.
When the clouds turn dark
And you feel sorrow around you
Then you know you must go
Leave the fighting

When the leaves turn orange
And I see the first snowfall
Then I know you’ll be with me
Living in peace

You go through the dangerous sea
You look, you’re looking for serenity
I give, yes I give you my hand
Because I love you

When you finally see my lighthouse
When you send me your first signal
I’ll wait, I’ll wait for you at the coast
Because I believe in you

I believe you’ll find serenity
I believe you’ll find my lighthouse
Then I know you’ll be with me
Living in peace

You go through the dangerous sea
You look, you’re looking for serenity
I give, yes I give you my hand
Because I love you

When you finally see my lighthouse
When you send me your first signal
I’ll wait, I’ll wait for you at the coast
You’ll compete your journey

You’ll complete your journey

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu May 12, 2016 12:29 am

Maria Taruenal walks out onto the stage, microphone in hand, and walks towards a stand in the centre of the stage, where she begins talking. The audience go quiet, as they know the results are going to be released...

"Hello WHF. People across the mutliverse have voted to see who will win here in Caen. Now, we have a result and all that remains is for me is to reveal the results. This contest, instead of spokespeople telling us their votes, I will announce how each nation did in a random order, until all the nations have been revealed. Then, I will confirm the winner, although by the end you will have figured out who it is. So, let's see how each nation did.

(She then turns to another camera at a slight angle, and the crowd cheer as she begins to speak; everyone wants to know how they did, and the moment has finally come)

The first country have returned to the contest after a long hiatus, but have done very well on their return. It is, of course, Euskirribakondara - 24 points! (Thank the lord, I've finally pronounced it right!).
Euskirribakondara received votes from Estogium, The Sarian, Anollasia, Izmedu, Todlichebujoku and Kalosia. Will it be enough to win!

(The Euskirribakondaran section of the crowd go wild, whilst the rest of the crowd respectfully clap and cheer)

Now, we have Izmedu - 4 Points. Damn, I hate giving people bad news. Anyway, Izmedu received points from two nations, Normandy and Picardy and Estogium

(The Izmed crowd let out a small cheer, with the rest of the stadium cheering in sympathy for them. Maria swiftly moves on).

Next we have Kalosia - 8 Points. Kalosia received votes from Todlichebujoku, Izmedu, Anollasia, The Sarian, Britonisea and Euskirribakondara

(Once again, the crowd cheers, as they do for every country from that point on)

So now to Ethane - 20 Points

Now it's Anollasia - 11 Points

Next, it's The Sarian - 24 Points. The Sarian received points from 7 countries; Kalsosia, Ethane, Izmedu, Anollasia, Britonisea, Normandy and Picardy and Euskirribakondara. That puts them into first place.

(The crowd from the Sarian cheer wildly, knowing that they've moved into first place)

Now, Nightom - 4 PointsThey received points from only 1 nation, Ethane

So we turn to Todlichebujoku - 18 Points

So, next is Britonisea - 5 Points

So we go to the penultimate nation, Estogium - 9 Points

(The anticipation builds as there is only one nation left, and that is the hosts, Normandy and Picardy)

So, you know who I'm going to declare last. Normandy and Picardy - 26 Points

(The crowd go crazy as Normandy and Picardy go to the top of the leaderboard. They have won for the second edition in a row, and the feeling in the Stadja Caena is ecstatic)

Normandy and Picardy - Champions of WHF 24

Final Scoreboard
1. Normandy and Picardy - 26pts
2. The Sarian - 24pts (7 nations)
3. Euskirribakondara - 24pts (6 Nations)
4. Ethane - 20pts
5. Todlichebujoku - 18pts
6. Anollasia - 11pts
7. Estogium - 9pts
8. Kalosia - 8pts
9. Britonisea - 5pts
10. Izmedu - 4pts (2 Nations)
11. Nightom - 4pts (1 Nation)

Morning Mountain were disqualified for not sending in their votes

Advertisement

Remove ads