NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 01, 2016 9:57 am

IRC, perhaps?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun May 01, 2016 10:57 am

I concur with Gio. IRC would potentially be good; imo, keeping it PG would also be good.
I've been wondering for a while, actually, if those of us having chars formerly on Seven might benefit from meeting on #tab, which isn't exactly crowded, to brainstorm. Thoughts? Cer, Swith, (staff as you probably know), is that suggestion ok? Assuming it is, is any particular time better than others, or not an option? I'm pretty available for the next ten hours or so.

Additionally, timeskipping to "we are all on the fifth floor" once the last person is off of the seventh might speed things up a little. Do any of you really want to post characters going down two flights of stairs? It's an honest question. Opa, Thaddeus, and Marcus are coming up. Bumping into each other seems possible, but from the sound of things their mission is rather urgent and they'll probably rush past as fast as they can.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sun May 01, 2016 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun May 01, 2016 11:45 am

[quote="Fvaarniimar";p="28578407"]I've been wondering for a while, actually, if those of us having chars formerly on Seven might benefit from meeting on #TAB, which isn't exactly crowded, to brainstorm.[quote]

Is this connected to the deletions? I don't understand.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun May 01, 2016 12:01 pm

@Tilt: Not exactly. I think we could brainstorm about the current scene, as I'm not sure we know where it's going: the concurring with Gio, however, was in response to her comment of "IRC, perhaps?" which I figured was in reference to our inability to TG the parties concerned. Given that NA, Carly, and TNEL are all in the seventh-floor group...

@TNEL: I'll continue to run your characters for this scene; when you're back to IC posting, please take some time to look at what they've been doing.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Arkadacia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkadacia » Sun May 01, 2016 12:07 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:@TNEL: I'll continue to run your characters for this scene; when you're back to IC posting, please take some time to look at what they've been doing.

Thanks. Feel free to park them ASAP, it might take me a week or two to sort this one out on top of everything else, and running the Wallaby. (I swear NS is responsible for all of my damn gray hair. I'm going to be completely covered in it by the time I'm 25 at this rate).

I guess you can consider this a start of another sabbatical for me. I was just starting to get back into the swing of things, but a lot of awful things happened all at once and I need to take some time to calm down and take a deep breath while I figure it out in my head. Apologies for the horrid timing, but life has never been good at keeping a schedule. I'll be on the IRC soonish if people want to be in touch.
Last edited by Arkadacia on Sun May 01, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now a feckin' babysitter, evidently.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun May 01, 2016 12:11 pm

There's already been TGs on the subject, Min and I are monitoring.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun May 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Just quoting apps up so I can edit them and such :D

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Maghrl’laundersando’tamil’reumaur, Maghrl for short

Character Gender: Male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Squib

Appearance: Maghrl is a squib, a species of short, furred hagglers from the outer rim who specialize in scrap and salvage, their natural inclination and skill being to discover valuable things in what others see as junk. Their fur helps this, being extra sensitive and even able to discern detail from their environment by rubbing against it. Maghrl himself has vibrant purple fur and bright blue eyes, that are always inquisitive and curious. He's just over a meter tall, meaning he'd only be about stomach height to most humans. His ears are large, and swivel to keep track of sounds almost constantly. While its hard to see, he does have a small tail, curled similar to a shiba inu and similarly fluffy. His clothing is obvious Jedi robes and tunic, though his have been added to and modified to include a myriad of pockets, bags, pouches, and et cetera. His habit of collecting means he wants as much space on his person as possible to carry objects. Besides that his belt always has his two lightsabers, along with various tools so if he finds something he wants to tinker with he always can.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Maghrl

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.) Learn more about the Force, as it was previously predicted to only exist in his home galaxy yet it works just as well where he ended up.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.)
-Build robots
-Collect things that interest him
-Barter(which is pretty much a physical need for him)
-Learn about this new place
-Hopefully sometime reestablish contact with the Order so they know what happened with him
-Increase his connection to the Force

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak a normal Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier knows very basic training (shoot a gun, basic drill). Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.
List Mundane skills here:
-Speaks Squibban and has a Moderate understanding of Galactic Basic(English)
-Meditation
-Bartering and Haggling
-Survival Skills
-Basic cooking and housekeeping skills(basically he knows how to take care of himself)
-Combat Discipline (not using a gun, just how to handle himself in combat)
-Extra Sense – Fur (Squibs have fur that is used as a sixth sense organ, to discern more intimate details of objects, even detect forgery)
-Force Sensitivity/Raw Force talent and what comes with it
-Knowledge of Jedi History/Galactic History
-Knowledge of Jedi Philosophy
-Basic Swordsmanship and etiquette
-Basic diplomacy and persuasion

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: Weapon Finesse – Lightsaber 3
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Robotics/Mechanics 2
Ability 3 and Points Spent: Force Training 2
Ability 4 and Points Spent:

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS

-His powers in general derive from the Force. In some areas its stronger, others weaker, but is a force present in the background of most living things. However, he does have his own natural store of energy to draw upon, and acts as a conduit for the force. Doing anything outside of his normal set of powers is incredibly strenuous on his body and could kill him, or doing anything for too long or too intensive. Another aspect of this is that he primarily is a light side user of the force, going with the flow rather than forcing it. Should he try to force things too much, he's susceptible to corruption from the dark side, which has a decaying affect on bodies.

Ability 1: Telekinesis
Power Level: 3
Strengths: able to pick up objects at a distance, and move them around. This can be either large objects or many small objects. This includes throwing them, pushing objects, general applications of force using the Force instead of normal limbs. He can also do this to attempt levitation or improve his jump distance or height, but it requires more power than otherwise would be used.
Weaknesses: Focus is required, and it drains from his energy. Attempting to pick up too much could burn him out or even injure him for a while. Attempting to levitate himself burns him out even faster.
Restrictions: Weight, More difficult to pick up living things due to their movement, against the psychically inclined its even harder.

Ability 2: Precognition
Power Level: 2
Strengths: During battle it lets him often see the attacks coming at him before they reach, helping him block. It also lets him with enough focus and application of energy to have minor visions, though unlikely of anything of consequence unless he really focuses. He also sometimes gets prophetic dreams
Weaknesses: Doesn't improve his reflexes, even if he sees it coming he'd have normal(for a jedi) reaction time. He doesn't have perfect foresight, and at most its a few seconds. Its good for blocking incoming ranged fire with his sabers. Any changes in action likely will render them useless, especially against highly unpredictable opponents. Vague and hard to understand without proper training. Dreams are of a similar nature, vague and difficult to interpret.
Restrictions: usually only a few seconds, requires much more power expenditure to get further in time.

Ability 3: Mind Trick
Power Level: 1
Strengths: Can trick weak willed individuals into believing what he wants to be true, is actually true. This ranges from the users identity, if they even existed, to the loyalty of the one being tricked. Useful and can be used to improve his persuasion by using application of the force.
Weaknesses: incredibly far fetched stories can cause cognitive dissonance and weaken the effects. Against psionics or those with strong wills (such as Hutts) its almost useless and obvious he's using his power, which understandably would annoy or piss off the recipient.
Restrictions: Can only be used to back up his own argument, or convince people of simple things. He's not powerful enough to do more than that.

Ability 4: Force Healing
Power Level: 1
Strengths: He can heal minor wounds and broken bones, but first would need to set them. He mostly performs this on himself in battle to keep himself moving and strong, knitting together damage to his body as he receives it.
Weaknesses: Like other powers it drains him, more so than other applications of power. Healing himself is the most easily performed aspect of this ability, as helping others is more intensive and difficult for him.
Restrictions: To heal others it requires direct contact, especially to the wounded area. He can't regrow limbs, only fix damage to what's there still.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:
Light sabers: One made himself and anotherrecovered from the Old Temple during his required meditations there in the transference from apprentice to knight.

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: Educated and Trained by the Jedi Order in a variety of topics: Galactic history, basics of piloting starships, diplomacy, meditation, philosophy, the Force, swordsmanship all the things you could expect a Jedi knight's education and training to entail.
Character Background/Biography:
Maghrl was born on the Squib planet of Skor II in the Outer Rim, a virtual unknown almost backwater of a world at the time(It was one of the planets that had remained loyal to the old republic to the last, and retreated from galactic politics during the Empire to return with the establishment of the New Republic). It was a planet of scavengers and what most would consider trash collectors. They have an intense rivalry based on both philosophy and occupation with the nearby Ugors, who also collect junk and scrap it. All squibs are part of two intergalactic institutions, the Squib Polyanarchy and the Squib Merchandising Consortium. Together they are basically how the Squib species exerts itself on an intergalactic stage, the Polyanarchy ruling the planet and Consortium conducting their business. Squibs were born traders, their size and cute looks usually making other species easy to convince to give things for less or buy things for more. Barter is such an important thing to Squibs its almost a physical need, and a religion for them. They even have holidays just to celebrate bartering.

Going back to Maghrl, he was born on the outskirts of the capital to a happy family. Being on the outskirts of the city, most of it was made of junkyards and scrapyards, the most common job being to sort through it all. Maghrl, like all squib, loved that sort of environment to search through and collect oddities. For Maghrl, this included the broken pieces of an old lightsaber and crystal, likely a relic from before the war that had ended up in the trash along with much of the Order's computers, bits, and various other bits from the Temple. Besides that discovery, his life was quite boring and mundane, doing just about what you'd expect for a growing Squib to do, up until roughly his tenth birthday.

On that day Skor II got a special visitor, a Jedi Knight recruiting for the New Order created after the fall of the Empire. Force sensitivity among Squibkind wasn't hugely common, but the order needed adherents to repair the damage following the destruction of the old one. Maghrl was discovered, partly because he literally ran to the Jedi (He'd read about and long admired what he knew about the goals of the old Order) and showed him the broken lightsaber he'd found long ago. For some reason he thought that would be proof enough for them to take him, and believed that for years until he spoke to that knight years later. It was a good thing he had latent force talent then, or he'd have been sorely disappointed.

He's spent the next about 15 years under the New Order's tutelage, after his parents gave them permission to take him in and nurture the talent he had, leading to Maghrl reaching the rank of knight by his 25th birthday. He, like most new knights are relatively weak in power, but continue their studies and focus to increase and tap into that latent personality more and more as time goes on. The rank means the order trusts him to be his own operative and representative for the order if needed, and to send him out to do tasks for them, right now primarily to visit the various Jedi ruins around the Galaxy to find things useful to them recreating the order.

When it comes to personality, Maghrl is very much like his squib brethren: Inquisitive, curious, weird sense of value, loyal to a fault, and always loving to barter. His formative years on Skor II then with the temple have left him a kind, empathetic being and curious about people and history. He also loves especially to tinker with robotics and mechanical things, always carrying his tools with him to do so. He attaches much higher value to those things than anything else. Though don't let him barter in a place where you own things, he'd probably try offering you things you already owned as objects to barter with. He's a bit silly like that, so don't take it too seriously. He has a hard time sitting still, which is one reason he sometimes struggles connecting with what the Jedi call the “Living Force”.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) This but with the floors and surfaces covered in robotics and mechanical parts and random tidbits of junk, or containers and packs with random things he has collected
Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Character Name: Maghrl
Brief Description: A squib jedi knight, obsessed with robotics, junk, and mechanical creations. He's fast, a bit hyperactive, but very friendly, loyal, and trustworthy. However he will try to barter for just about everything he desires, even if its a person's left boot.

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Sakarias Viitanen, or U6-47

Character Gender: Technically none, but defaults to male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Synthetic Human Generation 2(also known just as Synth. He's also more of a bridge step between the two entirely sapient and human sounding but with the older appearance.)

Age: roughly 80 years that he's been conscious and remembers, though as a synth age doesn't really affect him very much. His parts have increasingly began decaying with time and wear and tear though.

Appearance: Sakarias is a Synth, and a late second generation one at that. As a result his ‘skin’ is more of a polymer plastic/metal alloy that is durable, and slightly off-white. With age it’s browned slightly, and pieces have rotted, broken off, or otherwise been lost. The pieces he’s missing is actually relatively significant, the back of his neck plate, part of his cranial ‘skin’, his right forearm, an area of his stomach and side, a few fingers on his left hand, and the covering of his left leg below the knee. Past the holes in his coverings, you can easily see his innards, the skeleton and wireframe that make up his person, along with the mechanical organ analogs that let him do bodily functions like any normal human.

His facial features were modeled after his distant progenitor of his mind, a sharp chin, angular face, high cheekbones, and a slightly gaunt overall appearance. Though he does lack proper hair, his eyebrows have a facsimile that creates bushy eyebrows over his slightly sad looking eyes. The similar faux hair is on his chin, in a small beard that covers his chin but not much else. He always has a smile on his face, especially when playing his music. The plates of his face(and most areas actually) are surprisingly flexible and moldable, letting his face form proper expressions that if it wasn’t for the off color and obvious holes in his body, might fool someone from a distance.

In part to hide the holes, he wears covering winter gear. On his head a plaid scarf, ushanka style cap with a faded pre-war symbol on it. He has beat up and damaged jeans, and a winter jacket over a plaid shirt and white undershirt. He wears heavy boots, looking almost like a lumberjack if it wasn’t for his lean form. Despite being mechanical he still feels temperature, and while he can’t get hypothermia, he’d prefer to stay warm, and covered. (his systems could freeze of course, but he’s pretty weatherproof)

URL to Character Picture, if any: N/A

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.) -Improve his skills with violin, and play for as many people as he can. In the wastes spreading the joy of music was one of the things he always relished doing, and that’s not changed.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.)
-Find a way to replace his panels and circuits to make sure he continues, well, living. That requires figuring out the polymers that make him up, getting resources, and finding a way to create the parts.
-Continue to hone his skill in music. Potentially get recognized for it and famous.
-Build instruments and other trinkets to sell, or to give away to kids (has a soft spot for children)
-improve his skills in general, aside from the combat ones.
-Maybe even learn a new instrument, like piano (there's few intact ones in the wastes)
-Also potentially adopt some kids in the future, he's always wanted to be a parent.
-Get some new clothes, you can only wash a set so many times before even that doesn’t help much.

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak a normal Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier knows very basic training (shoot a gun, basic drill). Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.
-Basic cooking skills (aka how to roast things on fires, with little finesse or style)
-basic history of the Commonwealth, pre and post-war
-Fluent in English and Finnish(the mind he was based on knew both)
-basic survival skills for the Commonwealth (how to fight, what areas to avoid, basic tracking skills to see if dangerous animals were nearby, starting fires)
-Knowledge of Institute technology and history.
-normal synth capabilities/abilities(stronger, generally faster, and more durable than a human, can't die unless they're entirely destroyed or the databanks containing their personality are wiped. Immune to common human ailments such as disease, radiation, lack of oxygen, or food. can technically live forever as long as they're properly maintained. They can also interface with computers by just plugging themselves into them, since they're digital consciousness. He can also use his own bodily energy to recharge the batteries of his guns, though that's limited in supply too.)
-Training in institute weapons, and infiltration techniques. nothing beyond the average synth though. He's no Courser.
-Basic Cybernetics (mainly maintaining his own body)
-how to play pool, poker, and a few other basic card games at a rudimentary level
-singing at an amateur level, that of someone who just enjoys it and hasn't ever gotten formal singing training.

These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: Violinist 3
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Carpentry (with a specialty in making instruments) 2
Ability 3 and Points Spent: Weapon Finesse - Pistol 2

You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite, so Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more than five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed in the character's description, however.
Ability 1: None
Power Level:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Restrictions:

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:
Institute laser pistol custom-modified with improved sights, an improved capacitor, and beam focus.
Ammo for his gun, currently about 50 batteries (few dozen shots each)
A violin which he discovered in the school he used to go to, preserved in a special violin case. While not a famous kind of violin like a Stradivarius, it's special to Sakarias as it's one of the pieces of his old life that he’s managed to recover.

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: music school, carpentry trade school, trained on the job for instrument construction, later, synth military training, and then through surviving the wastes.
Before the Great War, there was a new Finnish immigrant to the United States, escaping the rising turmoil in the European Commonwealth (the Fallout Universe’s more solid and unified EU), named Sakarias Viitanen. He had been brought over at the age of 14, along with his parents Juho and Taina Viitanen. By the time he’d reached the age of 18, the situation in Europe was growing dire, with nations threatening to secede over resource and political conflicts. It was 2058, and it was time for Sakarias to go to college.

Always having been a very musical person, Sakarias took studying music at a moderately prestigious Music college in Boston, Massachusetts. The instrument he’d pursued his whole life was violin, and he was quite good at it. But sadly the Finn ended up dropping out after only two years, not being able to cut it in the school. With that same year came the news his parents had been dreading for a long time: The European Commonwealth had collapsed infighting and civil war tearing the continent apart. The Soviets even retook territory previously lost to them, such as Finland. His parents were devastated, which only drove Sakarias further away from his passions into helping support them. It was hard times, even in America.

Luckily Sakarias had enough money and credit for loans, so he got into a trade school and took up carpentry. He was marginally better at this, but very unhappy and soon had developed a drinking problem. He was miserable, but at least he would have steady work. Since the world always needed carpenters to build houses, infrastructure, and other things, he soon found work with a construction company. But he wasn’t happy, it wasn’t what he wanted to do his whole life.

Years later, in the year 2075, he found something that might make him happy again. At a small family company who still made traditional wooden instruments instead of new plastic and synthetic ones, he found a job. He could help make instruments he loved. He even offered violin lessons at their store, teaching kids who couldn’t afford to get lessons from the professional teachers. During this time an opportunity to get a bit of extra money through volunteering for a brain scan came by, and he took it to support the parents he still lived with. Little did he know this would help ensure his, or at least his personalities, survival into the future.

Sadly, just as Sakarias Viitanen was finding his happiness events of his world transpired to end it. In 2077, the bombs fell and Sakarias’ life was blown away, like so many other billions of people’s lives. The world ended, but life went on.

The synth Sakarias didn’t however remember any of that, until he got his own sentience almost decades after his construction as U6-47 almost two hundred years later..

U6-47 was built as an experiment, the 47th in a line of attempted upgrades to the second generation synths. It didn’t prove a very successful one, but they managed to perfect them sounding entirely human with a few quirks. Due to the brain used while constructing his brain template, he speaks with a slight Finnish accent but it’s rarely noticeable. He worked under coursers to help retrieve synths, and due to his surprising survival rate was trained to be one but never proved good enough to and as such the training was wiped to him. He was shifted to defense of institute operatives and maintenance of the Institute building itself.

He was an unthinking, unfeeling, killing machine (literally), brainwashed by their constant reprogramming and memory wipes. If he remembered much of his time there he would have hated it, and like all synths he was little more than a biomechanical slave.

He was firmly under the Institute's control, but lucky for him when the Railroad came he was away on a mission. When they and the Sole Survivor, as legends call her, stormed the Institute and broke their control over the synths, U6-47 was far away in the north, and suddenly found himself undirected, with the rest of his squad. Without knowing how to continue their mission, they headed back to the college on foot. But like other synths suddenly left leaderless and without brainwashing, the personalities they were based on started re-emerging.

Soon enough, he had a name, and remembered his love for violin. When he and his group arrived back at Cambridge College square, they found a settlement being built, one for Synths and only synths. A direct tunnel had been dug in the month it had taken them to get back, going all the way underground to the former Institute. After exploring their databases Sakarias learned about himself, and he even found an old pre-war violin which from then on never left his side.
The new settlement of Cambridge wasn’t sitting well with the newly independent synth, so he headed north, and soon found one in an old lumber mill that would accept him. He was given a house, which he soon set to work patching up, and like his predecessor, started working as a carpenter again, making things for the kids of the settlement, little toys or instruments, or whatever they wanted. Besides that he worked on the town’s fortifications, and buildings, making them sounder than ever before.

He was finally happy, but like always it wasn’t complete happiness. He still had to help fight off raiders, kill, and all sorts of other nasty things he’d prefer to never do. But that’s life in the wasteland, for you…
OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) something like this, but more upscale and pre-war, with pristine colors and surfaces.
Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Character Name: Sakarias Viitanen
Brief Description: A Synth with the mind of a pre-war Finnish immigrant violinist and carpenter that only wants to live in peace and play music.

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Sterling Venture

Character Gender: Male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Unicorn Equestrian Pony

Appearance: Sterling is a large pony, especially for the normally slim unicorns. His sterling blue eyes are bright and curious, and all in all he's a very expressive pony. His coat is mostly a deep purple color, with the exception of his flanks and snout. His snout has a gradient from gold to his normal color as it gets closer to the rest of his face, along with darker purple speckling across his face. His flanks are speckles purple and gold as well. His mane and tail are generally quite unkempt and a bit wild, but cut a bit short to help him manage them. The pony spends far too much time reading to properly style them after all. Finally, Sterling wears glasses, that mostly stay on his face due to magic, but also because they can. Don't question it.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Everything there, including the fez.

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.) Return home to Equestria, this time with Willow(Again. geeze, how does this unicorn keep getting lost to the multiverse?)

-Learn about the new planet the building is on
-Learn about the various residents.
-Read everything he can.
-Help people in the building
-Work through his shyness, start becoming more outgoing of a person.
-Adapt back to life away from Equestria

MUNDANE SKILLS
-Bookkeeping/Librarian-ing
-Organization
-Some natural resistance to magic
-Basic adulting, he can live on his own but tends to get distracted by books
-Knowledge of Equestrian History/Mythology
-Basic scholarly training
-General Unicorn Magic (creating lights, light from his horn, very mundane things that don't require much energy or training to do)

Ability 1 and Points Spent: Organization 5
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Magical Training(how to use unicorn magic) 2

You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite, so Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed in the character's description, however.
Ability 1: Telekinesis
Power Level: 5
Strengths: He can pick up a lot of items at once, or quite heavy things, and move them around. His general application of this is to organize the books of his house around. It is also practical in combat however, throwing objects and rubble at things. He can also levitate himself to cross gaps if needed to, or do the same for others.
Weaknesses: Drains his magic, which replenishes over time and with rest. Using too much strains him and could cause him to pass out or worse. He also has to focus, getting distracted will lead to him losing his hold on objects.
Restrictions: More difficult to pick up living things, and things that are too heavy can't be lifted for obvious reasons.

Ability 2: Teleportation
Power Level: 2
Strengths: He can jump short distances in space without movement on his part. Doing so creates a flash of light where he was at one point before moving to the other one. He can teleport others too, but has to see them and where they're going.
Weaknesses: Uses energy, too many rapid jumps tires and drains from him. Teleporting others is even more strenuous and difficult. He also has only just started learning this skill, so its not very powerful at all yet.
Restrictions: Currently has to be able to see it or visualize the area to properly jump there. Not doing so will end up with him possibly being embedded in objects, ending in quite the obvious repercussions such as death.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List:

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: Magical School in Canterlot, aside from normal Equestrian education.
Sterling grew up in Canterlot, the single child of a pair of unicorns. He tried out for Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, before his cutie mark appeared, but just barely messed up enough due to his nerves to be refused by the testers. So instead he went to one of the lesser known magic schools. Sterling spent much of his time at libraries or reading as a colt, which eventually led to the situation of how he ended up earning his cutie mark.

While Sterling Venture was reading in the library nearby his house one day, a group of bored ponies came through and basically threw every book they could on the floor. They told the librarian that the only reason they had done that was because they were bored, and books were stupid, before galloping off laughing. At first, Stirling just kept reading his books, not really caring and thinking that the librarian could handle this on his own.

After an hour or so, The librarian was having no luck at getting everything organized again, especially since books that should be going in the non-fiction section had somehow ended up outside. The fiction section was a massive pile of books on the floor, with more scattered everywhere around the library. Sterling realized that the Librarian needed a lot of help, so, setting aside the book he had been reading, Sterling got to work helping out the beleaguered unicorn in charge of the library. Sterling rapidly figured out the proper place for every book, and levitated them one at a time into the proper places. His magic wasn't strong enough to lift many books at a time, and it was strenuous enough lifting them from the mountain of books so rapidly.

Within about five minutes Sterling got everything back into place, with the library actually being cleaner than it was before. Sterling was thanked for all the help by the librarian pony, and the now-dust-covered unicorn went home for the day. After a good bath, Sterling discovered his new cutie mark, and was overjoyed that he got it from helping another pony selflessly.

Shortly after he earned his cutie mark, he graduated from the magic school he had been attending, with his new-found talents in organization and levitation helping him out immensely. Sterling decided to move out of Canterlot once he was old enough, choosing the nearby town of Ponyville for its size and relative remoteness. He wanted to get out of the capitol and see other aspects of life in Equestria, and he thought moving there would be a good start. But he eventually decided to stick around after making a few good friends there and growing to love living there.

Sterling ended up stuck in a different world for a while with his friend Willow Streaks, and ended up living at the building for a good portion of a year, if he remembers right. Yet somehow the unicorn got sent back before Willow did. Since then he's been intensely obsessed with finding a way back to the place they had been to rejoin his friend, even if it means he's stuck there. As a result of him being sent back he actually got caught up with the events going on back in Equestria during their absence, which was a surprising amount for like less than a year. He also started studying his magic and practicing(Something that for a long time he'd neglected), getting moderately good at teleporting while he searched for a way to get between worlds again to rejoin his friend.

He's quite shy around new people, but once he warms up to being around someone he's very hyper and enthusiastic about basically everything that entertains him. He tries to help everyone he possibly can, even if they don't directly ask for help. He's also intensely curious, even overwhelming his shyness if he has the possibility to learn new things.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) Yes, he basically lives in a Library!

IMPORTANT:
Character Name: Sterling Venture
Brief Description: A unicorn pony born and raised in Canterlot. He specializes in levitation magic and his talent is for organization and books in general. He can be very skittish and shy, but at the same time loves to meet new and interesting beings and is very kind.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun May 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Understood, but if they're suddenly unconscious/unwakeable the entire group is slowed down because there are three more people who have to be carried as opposed to a few who actually can walk in a pinch with assistance. Currently I've drafted the Iracuses into assisting Elka, so no characters not outright offering to help her or the Iracuses will be tied up. Believe me, once they're safely at whatever the destination is they're going to be parked.

Also, Tilt, if an IRC meeting is allowed, you're invited. I for one would like to know what "Use Time..." means in this context.

Tilt, the subject of IRCing?

Arkadacia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkadacia » Sun May 01, 2016 12:21 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Understood, but if they're suddenly unconscious/unwakeable the entire group is slowed down because there are three more people who have to be carried as opposed to a few who actually can walk in a pinch with assistance. Currently I've drafted the Iracuses into assisting Elka, so no characters not outright offering to help her or the Iracuses will be tied up. Believe me, once they're safely at whatever the destination is they're going to be parked.

Also, Tilt, if an IRC meeting is allowed, you're invited. I for one would like to know what "Use Time..." means in this context.

Alright. Thanks again, this really has to be a pain in the ass for ya. I appreciate it.
Now a feckin' babysitter, evidently.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun May 01, 2016 12:22 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Understood, but if they're suddenly unconscious/unwakeable the entire group is slowed down because there are three more people who have to be carried as opposed to a few who actually can walk in a pinch with assistance. Currently I've drafted the Iracuses into assisting Elka, so no characters not outright offering to help her or the Iracuses will be tied up. Believe me, once they're safely at whatever the destination is they're going to be parked.

oh Fvaar, we're talking in the TAB IRC right now if you didn't know :p
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun May 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Carrying the group is covered. Prim did post a pretty decent plan earlier in the OOC.

Use Time refers to Luce.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 01, 2016 1:43 pm

RANDOM QUESTION:

If we never wind up finishing Fallout Bielefeld IC, can we still know all the cool details about what happened to everyone and everything?
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun May 01, 2016 4:08 pm

People can plan using the TAB IRC, if it's TAB-based RP.

Giovenith wrote:RANDOM QUESTION:

If we never wind up finishing Fallout Bielefeld IC, can we still know all the cool details about what happened to everyone and everything?

Summer 2016, if plans go well.
Creepfest 2016 - September/Early October
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun May 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Cerillium wrote:People can plan using the TAB IRC, if it's TAB-based RP.

Giovenith wrote:RANDOM QUESTION:

Summer 2016, if plans go well.
Creepfest 2016 - September/Early October

YAAAAAAAAAY!
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun May 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Spent the day at Norfolk, visiting the USS Wisconsin. It was great.

So, not much happen IC yet? Sweet. I might check IRC in a few.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun May 01, 2016 5:31 pm

Okay. I am STRONGLY suggesting that all characters not involved in Prim's plan either be on the fifth floor or arrive on the fifth floor in their next post. General idea is that this is a brief stop. Characters will be healed as well as time permits.

Those involved in Prim's pretty smart plan, (apart at this time from Carly) are planning to collab; we'll presumably post for the rest stop meanwhile. This is probably a time to get chars healed, help heal other chars, or rest.

Yes, you have every right to ignore this. However, most of the healers and the hospital are on the fifth floor, and there's safety in numbers.

EDIT: THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE FORMERLY/currently ON THE SEVENTH FLOOR.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sun May 01, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun May 01, 2016 6:33 pm

Don't forget that you have characters one floor above (Opa and Thad) as well as characters outside, and characters on the way (Delta). I won't be able to post until Monday.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun May 01, 2016 6:34 pm

Cerillium wrote:Don't forget that you have characters one floor above (Opa and Thad) as well as characters outside, and characters on the way (Delta). I won't be able to post until Monday.

The Belas should return to play tomorrow as well.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun May 01, 2016 6:49 pm

Cerillium wrote:Don't forget that you have characters one floor above (Opa and Thad) as well as characters outside, and characters on the way (Delta). I won't be able to post until Monday.

Do characters know there's someone on the floor above? becuase they got to get themselves out of there soon enough too :p
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon May 02, 2016 7:25 am

Why hello and good morning, PL. Just want to extend a friendly Hooah from the Army.

U.S Army W.T.F! moments wrote:
Good morning WTF nation, today’s Monday the beginning of a new week.

Let’s get out there put 1 foot in front of the other and put some miles under our soles and deadlifts under our belt. Remember getting out there with a purpose is what separates the winners from the losers. You need to strive to be better for you, your soldiers and your family.

Showing up in that PT formation every day is your duty, if you are not doing it then you are failing as a soldier. If you are not able to participate then your duty is to get better so you can participate. A soldier’s first job is to be mentally and physically able to engage and destroy the enemy in close combat. Train your bodies for that so when you need your body to move faster or push harder it will listen to you. Civilians and veterans the same applies for you. Life doesn’t forgive and it doesn’t always give second chances, train your body train yourselves and be ready, your loved ones be that wife or a child or someone else will thank you for it.

Leaders always lead by example, lead your PT formations, rotate your NCOs and your junior enlisted as well. Condition them to be good leaders when their time comes. Don’t send people to do hard details because your rank is one or the other, go with them, when the day meets the suck, you won’t be always be able to do it, your time may be needed elsewhere but cultivate the culture of involvement in your unit. Be strong, be dependable be compassionate, lead.

Let’s get out there and make this day ours.

On that note, I want to hope you all have a good Monday and the rest of the week.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Mon May 02, 2016 9:04 am

Holy Lykos wrote:

Do characters know there's someone on the floor above? becuase they got to get themselves out of there soon enough too :p

My guess would be that some of the characters on their way down bumped into Opa and Thaddeus on their way up.

Also, was any character carrying or supporting Otonako? Said admitted that being carried was a good idea. (Torsii, NA, looking at you.)

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon May 02, 2016 9:14 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:

My guess would be that some of the characters on their way down bumped into Opa and Thaddeus on their way up.

Also, was any character carrying or supporting Otonako? Said admitted that being carried was a good idea. (Torsii, NA, looking at you.)

Sakarias could, not sure.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Mon May 02, 2016 9:42 am

Fvaarniimar wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:

Torii offered to but I'm not sure whether she's with her or not.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon May 02, 2016 10:16 am

Germanic Templars wrote:
On that note, I want to hope you all have a good Monday and the rest of the week.

I just got slated to work 9 days in a row on midnights.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Mon May 02, 2016 10:19 am

Monfrox wrote:
Germanic Templars wrote:

I just got slated to work 9 days in a row on midnights.

Fantastic, night shifts are the best. Less people to deal with, right?

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse