NATION

PASSWORD

47th WorldVision Song Contest | Carnise, Ekoz | STE

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

47th WorldVision Song Contest | Carnise, Ekoz | STE

Postby Ekoz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:03 pm

A short video montage of Ekoz and Carnise is played as the "STE" logo fades. The busy city street is filled with people going about their daily lives. Cars, buses and the Kårnismetro are visible. The camera pans around the city in a fast-forward fashion until it the camera pans onto a female construction worker being interviewed.

The camera pans back around to the city and scales up a high-rise building until it enters a females office, of which she is also being interviewed by an unseen and unheard interviewer.

The camera pans around the high-rise building and continues it's journey around the city. It flies over the skyline in a drone-like style until it enters a busy hospital in central Carnise, filled with patients, nurses and doctors. The camera pans onto a young male doctor who is treating a patient. He stops and looks at the camera as he too is 'interviewed'.

The camera then leaves the hospital, by this time it is evening and it continues to pan over the city skyline. It speeds up and continues around the city until the Kårnisarena is visible. The huge roar of the Ekozian crowd can be heard and flashing lights can be seen coming off of the arena's roof beaming into the nights sky.

The camera then cuts to the stage, where the huge crowd can be seen, waving their flags in excitement. On stage, giant light-bulbed letters spelling "VELKØM" are visible, sparkling. The music starts and the lights come up.

Lady Andårsse, a popular television personality drag-queen stands centre stage in a glittery dress of the Ekozian flag. She is in six in heels and starts directly into the camera. She is stood on a circular podium and is surrounded by men six men in heels and leotards. The backing dancers begin their choreography, miming the lyrics to "welcome to Ekoz".

Welcome to Ekoz
Welcome to Ekoz

A country like no other, Ekoz has it all
A kingdom with a leader who's a proud bisexual,
A country based on equality and freedom for all
Our gender isn’t noted until the grand old age of ten.

Women can be men,
And our guys look good in heels,
Befriend us for our vodka, there’s some fantastic deals!

Lady Andårsse raises both her arms and begins the chorus. As the second chorus begins and the beat kicks in, a huge explosion of gold, red and blue confetti falls from the stage and onto the audience. Lady Andårsse walks off the podium and is carried by the six leotarded men.

So Welcome to Ekoz,
Please enjoy your stay,
A country full of rainbows 'cos everyone is gay
We strive to be successful, but there's something we can't do.
We can't win WorldVision!

So Welcome to Ekoz,
Our country welcomes you,
Second best is OK, we'll still be proud of you,
A land of 'that'll do-ers', will never take it home.
We can't win WorldVision.

By the end of the chorus, she walks to the left of the stage where she poses to the "media and paparazzi". She then begins to sing. She sings about the ladies being builders, female dancers dressed in construction outfits are visible at the back of the stage with machinery and tools 'working' and male dancers are seen looking after childen and cleaning.

In Ekoz there's no limits, nothing you cannot do
Ladies are our builders while the men clean up the house,
Progression is our virtue, we all live as the same,
While all of this is perfect, one thing still remains...

Lady Andårsse walks back to the centre of the stage, where she starts the chorus and choregraphy. She is joined by a huge array of backing dancers representing modern day Ekozians. Dancers in doctors uniforms, bin-men uniforms, office workers, life guard uniforms are all visible. They along with Lady, start the choregraphy. During the dance break, Lady Andårsse walks to the back of the stage and the backing dancers complete choreography. The camera pans around the stadium.

So Welcome to Ekoz, the eco-friendly queens
Proud and keen recyclers; we keep our country clean.
We strive to be resourceful, but there's something we can't do.

After the dance break, the chorus comes together in a circle in the centre of the stage. A giant 'WorldVision trophy' is wheeled onto the stage while the camera pans around to the audience. The camera pans centre stage to reveal Lady Andårsse sat atop of the trophy. The backing dancers and Lady are clapping to the music and encouraging the audience to clap. On the final "We can't win WorldVision", Lady Andårsse stands ontop of the giant trophy.

So Welcome to Ekoz,

Land of rainbow colours

But there's one thing missing

WE CAN'T WIN WORLDVISION

As the beat hits, the throphy is then raised above the stage with Lady Andårsse still stood on it. A huge golden pyrotechnic shower falls at the back of the stage and the giant letters are also raised. Confetti is released again. On the final line, a huge pyrotechnic explosion is released. The crowd roar with excitement.

So Welcome to Ekoz, we hope that you have fun,
In the country that’s always below number one,
Atop of the rankings, is where we've never been

So Welcome to Ekoz, land of Hørresfjord*
To host this silly contest that no one can afford
But we will not be bitter, it's never going to be.
We can’t win WorldVision

We can’t win WorldVision

WE CAN’T WIN WORLDVISION!

*Hørresfjord: a giant geothermal lagoon in Northern Ekoz, similiar to that of the ones in Iceland.
Last edited by Ekoz on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Ekoz
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Your Host: Anja Ingosdottår

Postby Ekoz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Anja walks directly to the side of the stage. She is wearing a tight white fitted suit with her hair slicked back. She smiles and blows kisses to the audience and then looks directly into the camera.

Anja: Good evening WorldVision! Welcome to Carnise, again! (the crowd cheer). I am your host, Anja Ingosdottår and I will be taking you through a musical journey tonight! Over thirty nations will take to this very stage in order to win your votes and be crowned king or queen, or whatever you want to be called, of the fourty-seventh WorldVision Song Contest, although good-luck trying to get that trophy from Lady Andårsse, she's scary!

WorldVision takes to Ekozian soil for the third time making us the country that's hosted the most! At least we have some form of WorldVision record, even if it's not a win! (She laughs and pokes out her tongue). I'm joking of course, it could may well be the night for Ekoz, and for all of you at home. From me to you, I wish every contestant the best of luck!

Of course, I have to tell you not to vote before voting opens, your vote wont be counted but you may still be charged and please ask your billpayers permission first! You can vote through the WorldVision app and no extra charge!

Now ladies and gentleman, it's time to start the contest! Let the WorldVision Song Contest begin!
Last edited by Ekoz on Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses

Ekoz
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ekoz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Koniksgrand Eköses

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

1/ Estogium / RVCE

Postby Estogium » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:26 pm

#01 Estogium
Shyna Kumbes - "Rise"
Tune : Laura Mvula - "Overcome"

Despite the 9th place in WorldVision 46, Estogium wants to go at least one better. Instead of getting in to the top 10, Estogium is aiming to get in to the top 5 - which has been achieved only once by Estogium but 5 times with it's neighbour, Britonisea. Estogium is sending Shyna to go because she is different. She brings music which you may not have heard before. Moreover, this song is about people who feel as though they are in a world by themselves and this song encourages those people to break the odds and try, try, try to reach the sky and aim high. The repetition of the word "Rise" is the encouragement Shyna used to get from her family. All the time, they would use the word "Rise" as if it was their catchphrase. "Rise" is a very powerful word because, you could rise in many ways. With this song, "Rise" could be interpreted in many ways. However, I am going to make you be the judge of that.

Nothing was on the stage. Just her and a spotlight. The camera focused on her and the audience stayed quiet.

When your wings to fly are shattered,
And your head is buried in the sand.
You need to find a way to rise.
Dust off the weight off your shoulders,
The pain on you heart.
Break through, be free and;

When the drums kicked in, Shyna was lying down on the stage floor with 4 male - all of which from different backgrounds and cultures - laid next to her in a circular shape. The camera made it possible for her, the men and the screen she was lying on to be shown in the shot. The audience was watching what was happening on the screens.

Rise!
Rise!

She, along with the dancers, got up and as she rose up standing, the dancers circled around her and the camera followed around her in the opposite direction - making it seem like they were going fast around Shyna. Meanwhile, chalk writing was being shown on the screen behind, and it said "RISE!" on it. The audience still kept quiet at this different entry, something they haven't seen before.

When the fear holds a knife to your head,
And your shackled to the cold, hard floor.
You need to break through, and you'll

Walking down the catwalk, the camera followed her backwards. Shyna, looking deep in to the camera, sung to the camera as if she was angry - or like she has a plan in the works. The dancers followed her one by one - but with a quite large distance between each of them. Every few seconds they would jump and clap their hands and join their feet before jumping to the ground.

Rise!
Rise!
Rise!
Rise!

Shyna almost bent down and started to interact with the audience. Her facial expressions were that of fear and uneasy. She knew that these dancers had followed her and are coming to get her.

It's not time to roll the dice, dice, die!
It's not a risk that you can take.
Hit fast and pray.

At this point, the camera started to focus on the coming and highly suspicious dancers. The stage impulsed a dark red colour which was exposed on to the crowd in the arena.

Close your eyes,
And push through. Free.

Rise! Rise high above the clouds - just rise!
Rise! Straight for the sun, high - oh rise!
Rise! No looking back, just fly and rise! (Follow your dream, sore high - above the...)
Sun! The warmth as you get closer, Rise! (Round the world, and see everyone)

When everything dropped, the spotlight was back. When the instruments started to layer on the screen at the back started to pulse a white light - and one by one, the men would come out of no one gripping her by the neck, the hands and the legs. She, however, looked as if she was trying to break free 'and rise.'

Rise! Rise high above the clouds - just rise! (Rise high above the sky, break the boundaries)
Rise! Go faster, don't ever stop, rise! (Rise so high, you'll reach further than the sky)
Rise! Straight for the sun, high - oh rise! (Rise ever so high, go fly and live)

Here, she was dragged down to the floor and the camera looked at her from above. It was the same picture from the start of the song. She was lying down with the stage floor doing all sorts of artwork behind of her. The camera swirled around anticlockwise and the eyes of the dancers and Shyna followed the camera as it moved around - as if they're always watching you.

Rise! We are all watching you rise! (Rise higher, be a spectacle)
Rise.

With that, the stage turned blue - a nice change go the song. She bowed along with the dancers. "Thank-you, Carnise!" She smiled before running down the catwalk.
Last edited by Estogium on Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:27 pm

02 MISTER X
Will Carter - "It's Too Hard"
Tune: Zayn - "Pillowtalk"

Will Carter is 23 years old, and is from the capital of Mister X, Thatcher City. His first single achieved #6 on the Mister Xian charts, and so MRX Television thought that Will, with his dashing good looks and his oozing charm and sex appeal, would be a good choice to represent Mister X on the WorldVision stage.

Having only received one podium placing at WorldVision, the public of Mister X are starting to become restless. Will's selection for the Mister Xian entry was somewhat relieving for them, therefore, because they felt that "It's Too Hard" was a song that could just about win it for Mister X.

"It's Too Hard" begins with the stage in pitch black. Eventually a solitary spotlight focuses on Will, who is standing on one side of the stage, and is facing the other side - looking at a woman in half-light wearing tight strips of black leather covering her private parts. She has long blond hair and very high heels in black. Will is wearing an open black leather jacket, a black T-shirt with a logo on it, tight black trousers.

Look at the clock,
You're a metronomic person.
Stay with me,
Does it fit your tempo?
And when you're not here, lying next to me,
You think about me, think about me,
Think about us, uh-us together... ah.
I love to get so close, 'cause it reminds me
Of when you climb all over me.

Will and the girl start moving very slowly towards each other in a zig-zag pattern, one step at a time, in time to the music, but not on every beat. They fall out of line as Will moves to his right on his first step and the girl does likewise, meaning that they are no longer looking at each other; whilst they are in perfect synchronisation, they keep looking in a straight line to the other side of the stage. On every step they take there is a sudden flash of light from the stage lighting, but it dims off before the next flash.

Sometimes I look at you and
I look into your eyes,
I make you lose your mind, yeah,
Those lips you just can't disguise.
But you think it's hurting me
It's hurting you much more.
Every single day, single day, single day,
Come here, you, I need to talk,
It's you who I love, but it's a war zone,
It's you who I love, but it's a war zone.

The lights stop flashing as Will and the girl stop moving on the stage, and instead slowly drop to their knees. Once they are on their knees, they keep dropping, eventually ending up on all fours, but still looking straight ahead.

It's too hard,
To understand your actions,
It's like chess,
Manoeuvring, being out-thought.

Will and the girl begin to rise back to their feet in the same amount of time they took to get down onto all fours.

And when you're not here, lying next to me,
You think about me, think about me,
Think about us, uh-us together.

Now that Will and the girl are back on their feet, they begin once more to repeat the same movement actions they had earlier on, as well as the light sequence, but now they have finally arrived on the middle of the stage with each other. Yet still, they don't seem to notice that the other person is standing less than a foot away. Will and the girl are now looking straight at each other, but almost as if they are looking through the person, still staring at the other end of the stage. The girl and Will are invisible to each other, it seems.

I look into your eyes,

The lights on the last flash stay on this time, but the flashes continue and stay on, a bank of additional lights one at a time, as Will is sent into torment. He finally breaks free from his conditioning and squirms around the girl, who's displaying the emotions of a stone. Why can't the girl see him? Acknowledge him? It's hurting him, but as he says in the song - it's hurting her much more. But she doesn't even know it. It's tormenting Will as he agonises around her.

I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.
War zone, war zone, war zone, war zone.
I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you.
War zone, war zone, war zone, war zone.

The lights are now all on, and therefore the flashing sequence this time compromises of colour changes, the lights flashing to red then back to a natural light on each beat. Will now starts almost pleading with this girl, who still remains motionless.

I look into your eyes,

The lights stop changing colour and settle on a natural light, as the girl finally springs into life suddenly and plants her lips on Will's, as the stage two seconds later is suddenly thrown into pitch black once more.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

03 - Ardoki

Postby Ardoki » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:47 pm

03 - Ardoki
Alistair Killian Moriarty (Feat. Silvester Jakeman and Erwin Frankhorst) - Go Ardoki!
Tune: LMNT - Hey Juliet

ImageImageImage
President Alistair Killian Moriarty (left), Grand Governor Silvester Jakeman (centre) and Former Prime Minister Erwin Frankhorst (right).

Alistair Moriarty's entry at the last WorldVision Song Contest failed to pick up as many votes as expected. So Alistair returned alongside Grand Governor Silvester Jakeman and the former Toolsbergian Prime Minister Erwin Frankhorst (who now lives in Ardoki as a university lecturer, due to a coup in Toolsbergia), for a classic boy band song filled with synchronised dance moves to energise the audience. This new catchy song, with Elder Dance Crew providing backup dancing, would inspire a love and devotion for the state in people across the entire world.

Lights shone on the stage, revealing Alistair Killian Moriarty, Silvester Jakeman and Erwin Frankhorst centre-stage. Elder Dance Crew could be seen at the back of the stage.

The music started, as the three singers walked towards the front of the stage.

Go Ardoki!
Go Ardoki!

They then ran to the front of the stage, with EDC marching close behind while swinging their arms energetically as they went. The three singers then began to jump in the air and start singing.

We love our great state
We love its comprehensive protection and care
It is better than a parent when it gives us human rights and great welfare
We are eternally loyal to the state
The state is eternally loyal to us
Together we will unite and advance the interests of progressivism

Because Ardoki is so awesome
Ardoki is so brilliant
Everyone should support us
We are progressive
We are advanced

The three singers jump in the air while singing the chorus.

Go Ardoki
We love our state
It is omnipresent
It cares for us from birth until death
We just love our state
It is our guardian
Go Ardoki
Go Ardoki!

The three singers danced around on the spot, while EDC break-danced in the background.

Go Ardoki!

The reactionaries oppose progress
They want to turn back time
But the entire Ardokian nation is with us
Supporting the communist ideal
We will march ahead
As one progressive mass
We will follow science
And eliminate all forms of non-progressive thought

Ardoki is so brilliant
We are progressive
We are advanced

Go Ardoki
We love our state
It is omnipresent
We just love our state
It is our guardian
Go Ardoki
Go Ardoki!

The three singers danced around on the spot, while EDC break-danced in the background.

Go Ardoki!

Ardoki is so brilliant
We are progressive
We are advanced

You must join us or else
We are so tolerant
So hail with us all...
Go Ardoki!!!

Go Ardoki
Go Ardoki!

We love our state
It is omnipresent
We just love our state
It is our guardian
Go Ardoki
Go Ardoki!

We love our state
It is omnipresent
We just love our state
It is our guardian
Go Ardoki
Go Ardoki!

Go Ardoki
Go Ardoki
Go Ardoki
Go Ardoki

The three singers spent a few hours signing autographs and mingling with fans, before leaving the stage so the rest of the show could continue.
Last edited by Ardoki on Sun May 08, 2016 4:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:56 pm

04 - TALVEZOUT
GREZZJA HABER - "Fejn hi l-xemx?" (Where is the sun?)

To surprise of the many and to the joy of even more, Grezzja Haber won the right to represent Talvezout at Worldvision 47. But, the funny thing is, she never even intended to seriously compete in the first place. Grezzja, 15 years old and a sophomore at St. Marianne Cope High School, originally entered the song at the behest of her friends; she originally composed the song to cheer her older sister, who was depressed about leaving home for college. After her friends heard the song, they asked her to send it in to TRT, partially as a joke and partially to actually try. Grezzja's song, "Fejn hi l-xemx?" sailed through the early qualification rounds for A Kanzunetta Għall-Valur, winning the final not only with a strong set of 234 points, but with 1st places from both the juries and the public. Interestingly, this the first time that any artist got 1st places from both the juries and the public since Isadora Bachelor accomplished it for Worldvision 38. Grezzja's song follows the usual Talvezian standards of being a song sang by a female solo artist, with a song that features a non-English language. And hopefully, unlike previous Talvezian entries, Grezzja will continue to succeed, even at the main contest.

The reason why there is a much more simpler performance this time is because of TRT wanting to focus more in the songs rather then the performance. While the song's position is probably going to suffer as a result of it, TRT does hope that the message does come through.

Grezzja stands alone onstage. The only things onstage with her are several candle stands, burning in the darkness. The stage itself is lit Ina. rather moody dark blue, with Grezzja's dark, floor-length dress. Several white, opaque glad panels hang behind her, forming a concave arc behind Grezzja.

Nitlobkom fejn huwa l-xemx, inti tgħidli huwa lura l-sħab
Jogħġbok m'hemm l-ebda imħabba, inti tagħha kollha madwar
Nistaqsi fejn huwa l-dawl, inti tgħidli hemm il-bidunett wara l-lejl
Jogħġbok hemm l-ebda tama, u għadhom inti punt lili

Ma nafx jekk hemm tama jew imħabba
M'hemm l-ebda raġuni biex jibqgħu b'saħħithom fid-dlam
Ma nafx kif jgħidu "inħobbok"
Għaliex ma nista 'nsib tjubija fi ħdan kollox, fi ħdan verità

I ġew mistmerr, I ġew mibegħda
Hemm Kien dispjaċir, hemm kien ħtija u rabja
I tilfu mogħdija hekk bosta drabi stajt nesa lilhom kollha
Imma kif jgħidu, mogħdijiet kollha eventwalment iwasslu dar

The stage would slowly light up, as more candles in the darkness would light up behind her. The glass panels would also light up as well.

Tgħidli hemm dejjem tama, forsi int dritt
Stajt jinstemgħu hemm dejjem l-imħabba, fil-iljieli aktar skur
Dejjem hemm is-saħħa, fost l-dwal miljun
Forsi hemm l-imħabba, forsi hemm is-saħħa, forsi hemm tama

The glass panels would now be showing images of storm clouds, with the lighting onstage flashing bright white in contrast to the darkness that abounded. The candle flames would flicker even more, as if they were struggling in a wind.

U għadhom, stajt ġiet eskluża, stajt ġiet qbiżt
Stajt ġiet minsija hekk bosta drabi li stajt mitlufa għadd
Stajt ġiet hit, stajt ġiet midruba u jien kont qed iweġġgħu
I have lost hope, but I won't lose it now!

The storm cloud images would subside, with the glass panels lifting up to reveal several backing singers- all of them Grezzja's friends who suggested her to send the song in the first place- providing the aura
backings for the final part of the song. The candles would burn even brighter onstage, and the wristbands that TRT gave to the audience would light up in unison. Thus, for the final part of the song, the stage, with both the candles and the lights in the audience, would be in a sea of lights.

You can ask where is the sun, it's just behind the clouds
You ask me where is hope, I'll say that it's always in you
You can say there's no love, but there it is, all around
You ask me where is the light, well there's always the dawn after night
Because that's when the sun comes out

The dark dress that Grezzja was wearing would change colors, revealing itself to be a white dress matching the clothes her friends were wearing. All of the people onstage, before leaving, would all sing a thank you to the audience before departing the stage.

I ask you where is the sun, you say it's behind the clouds
I say there is no love, you its all around
I ask where is the light, you say there's the dawn after the night
I say there's no hope, and yet you point to me

I don't know if there's hope or love
There's no reason to stay strong in the dark
I don't know how to say 'I love you"
Why can't I find kindness within all, within truth

I have been scorned, I have been hated
There's been regret, there's been guilt and anger
I have lost track so many times I've forgot them all
But as they say, all paths eventually lead home

You tell me there's always hope, maybe you're right
I've heard there's always love, in the darkest nights
There's always strength, amongst the million lights
Maybe there is love, maybe there is strength, maybe there's hope

And yet, I've been excluded, I've been missed
I've been forgotten so many times that I've lost count
I've been hit, I've been injured and I've been hurt
I have lost hope, but I won't lose it now!

You can ask where is the sun, it's just behind the clouds
You ask me where is hope, I'll say that it's always in you
You can say there's no love, but there it is, all around
You ask me where is the light, well there's always the dawn after night
Because that's when the sun comes out
Last edited by Talvezout on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:43 pm

5-Dreamplanet-5

Anna Dos Santos - Disappearing

After Dreamplanet's suprising 4th place finish under her, she was called back for Worldvision 47, it seems like Dreamplanet has a pattern of 1 edition they're in, another they're not. Now she's back and here she is, for song number 5.

As she entered the stage, she slowly walked to the centre of the stage and only arrived at the beginning of the song. There are no lights but there was a singular spotlight following her. And then with the smoke machines and wind machines on full blast, it was now or never, and as the chorus began, she knew she had to give it all.

I've seen you many times,
But often gone.

And now i see,
who you really are.

And as i fell over you,
i didn't know... That...

I'm dissappearing...

The smoke rised up to cover her as the lights went to dark, and when her next part came in, she was in the other side of the stage, like if it was a magic trick. And once again, she was walking to the centre of the stage.

Did i even know right?
I'm disappearing...

And as i keep going...
I'm disappearing...

And when she arrived to the centre of the stage, the instrumental part kicked in and the wind machine activated, so the smoke was sent away from her in a explosion of many colours.

As i went searching...
No one ever told me the dangers,
I'm disappearing!

I'm disappearing...

As i go,
I'm disappearing...

As the instrumental played once again, the wind and the background were completely cut out as the smoke was on full blast, to give the impression that she was "disappearing".

I'm disappearing!
Goodbye...
I'm disappearing!

As i was in your arms...
Nothing was better...

Not letting go,
With you forever...

But one day you were gone,
I lost myself...

I'm disappearing!

The same smoke events to cover her up and the explosion of light ending happened again, but this time when she came back to sing her next part of the lyrics, a single spotlight followed her, no explosion of light, just darkness and a spotlight following her.

Disappearing, away from light,
losing myself, and going out...

I'm disappearing!

After she finished singing... the music builded up and then when the music exploded,

Disappearing, away from light,
losing myself, and going out...

I'm disappearing!

"Thank you Carnise!" She said as the crowd roared, as she left the stage, Dreamplanet was resting on her shoulders, she got Dreamplanet a 4th place, even finishing ahead the hosts, Ekoz. But could she do better than last time?

Next up, it's Kalosia.
Last edited by Dreamplanet on Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:18 am

KALOSIA
Someday — Ǧamilah
performed in English to the tune of Extraordinary by Clean Bandit ft Sharna Bass

Kalosia's relegation from the 46th WorldVision Song Contest due to their inability to present a valid vote during WorldVision 45 was a disappointment to many. Despite missing out, RTVK still broadcast the contest with commentary. And now they're back.

Radiu-Televisiune Kalosia chose Ǧamilah, an artist of mixed race, to represent the nation at the contest. Because Ǧamilah's father is not ethnically Kalosian, it generated some controversy among some, which was considered racist by others. Media outlets noted that it was Nawra's Festival di Melodi Kalosiana victory rather than Ǧamilah's appointment as WV entrant that triggered the drama, especially given the theme of Nawra's song.

RTVK dismissed the claims and no changes were implemented or even discussed, and Ǧamilah went on to Carnise as planned. Now here she was in the Kårnisarena, and for once Kalosia isn't drawn to perform towards the end of the show.

Ǧamilah was dressed in all-black (like this except the bag and hairpiece). She stands alone in the satellite stage, a microphone stand in front of her. At the main stage there are some backing singers and a cellist. The background screen displayed a white grid on a black background. As the song began, the white lines disappeared downward (somewhat like the opposite of this). At the end of the intro, everything was pitch black, and then a spotlight was shone on Ǧamilah and she started singing.

You can see there’s sorrow in my eye
My life was at stake, just needed a break
Couldn’t help but shut you out and cry
Couldn’t bear it, not even a bit

But I feel better now
If just a bit, somehow
Yes, I feel alive
Just need some energy
Something to set me free
So I can survive

A faint white backlight fades in at the bottom of the background screen, making silhouettes of the backing singers and the cellist visible. The backing singers started clapping with their hands up (to the beat), and the audience soon followed suit. Every time the backing singers clapped, a white grid like at the beginning of the song flashed.

I have made a choice quite wise
I’ll get on my feet, I will arise

The backing singers stopped clapping, and now the background consisted of a grid of white squares, with softened edges, on a black background. The brightness of these squares flashed/intensified to the beat.

Someday we will see each other, once again
And we will talk and smile and laugh like we did back then
Will I have the strength to try?
Or will my pain amplify?
Just give me some time

With her mic in hand, Ǧamilah made an abrupt 180 degree turn and as she started singing the next part she walked to the main stage. After the first line of this next part, she stopped halfway through the catwalk, looking to the camera, to sing the second line. The view was switched to another camera, and she turned and continued down the catwalk, reaching the end by the fourth line and again stopping.

I’m walking and my eyes are full of hope
I’m on my way, cause I can’t just stay
In every step I try my best to cope
With my emotions, this life I’ve chosen

Now at the main stage, she walks to the empty microphone stand at the middle of the stage and attaches her mic, all while singing this next part.

I have a lot to gain
So nothing is in vain
I am still alive
Increasing confidence
To pierce through the darkness
Yes, I will survive

Some members of the audience started clapping.

Will I have the strength to try?
Or will my pain amplify?
Just give me some time

I won’t stop, I will be alright
Although I am not ready to see you yet
Don’t go when the time arrives
If only a moment just stay with me
Ay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay
Ay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay

Now seemingly random individual squares in the background flashed to the beat (a random set in every beat). The backing singers as well as Ǧamilah herself started clapping again.

There was a sound effect in the song that sounded like glass breaking, and when that happened the background made a single wave ripple (imagine the background of this gif). And after the background went dark for a second, it went back to being full-white, flashing/intensifying to the beat.

Ay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay
Ay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay

Everything suddenly went dark, save for a spotlight shone on Ǧamilah.

I won’t stop, I will be alright
Although I am not ready to see you yet
Don’t go when the time arrives
If only a moment just stay with me

And then that was it! The song ended, and the audience cheered enthusiastically. Ǧamilah shouted, "Thank you Carnise, thank you Ekoz! I love you all!" before leaving the stage as it was being prepared for the next act.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BVC: 3:00 PM: WorldVision Song Contest 47 [READ MORE BELOW]

Postby Britonisea » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:28 am

Synopsis: Join Britonisea and over thirty nations who will be participating in the 47th WorldVision Song Contest in Carnise, Ekoz. This is the third time that Ekoz has hosted in the last 15 editions. Britonisea's act is Mini Surrey-North performing 19th.

Live Coverage of the 47th WorldVision Song Contest in Carnise, Ekoz.

Daniel: Hello and welcome to the 47th WorldVision Song Contest in Carnise, Ekoz! It's set to be a great night in Ekoz with spectacular performances from over 30 nations.
Tess: With your hosts, Tess and Daniel. Right, let's get down to business. There has been a lot of harsh rules added to the WorldVision Rules over the past few editions but there's a new one. Usually, nations are added on the list and running order but tend not to show up. Finally, that will be stopped as the nations will be excluded from the next contest!
Daniel: About time WorldVision was getting strict. I honestly think they should ban inappropriate entries too. I mean, this is family night television and we're greeted with a dancing condom. It's unacceptable.
Tess: One step at a time? A Step At A Time! Abanta Fonely! While Estogium performs 1st, Britonisea will perform 19th! And then we still have three Ultimaversian nations left.

-2: What's Missing?

Daniel: Okay, we get it. What's missing? A WIN! Lot's of countries haven't won before...like...umm...
Tess: Dreamplanet. They have won. It took Kalosia 20 editions to win! I mean, it only took us 10 editions, well discounting WorldVision 37 and 39, so 8 entries, before we won. So...Well that didn't make the situation better.
Daniel: I'm pretty sure Ekoz won't win if they beg to win. I would just not vote for them just for laughs.
Tess: I must say, the people in Ekoz are so hot they make my ovaries burst. That doctor? Give me him now.
Daniel: The song is starting! Oh- My- Go-

-1: The Opening Song

Daniel: They need to get their facts straight. They said everyone is gay in their country yet their leader is bisexual.
Tess: Good Spot. I'm sorry, it was too much for me.
Daniel: Do you remember Sea of Flags? That was good.
Tess: Yes, I remember! How long now? 14 editions?
Daniel: Yes, most definitely.
Tess: It was more relaxed than their previous opening songs but this just jumps the gun.
Daniel: Okay start for Ekoz. Just because it's Ekoz, I'll give them a thumbs up. The stage?
Tess: The stage isn't the best we've seen. Our stage was better!

0: Meeting our Host

Tess: She thinks she's better than me? Honey, she's got another thing coming! Who is this witch?
Daniel: She's not that bad, though I find....
Tess: Another joke about Ekoz not winning. Is this all we're getting tonight?
Daniel: Right, I am speaking over her *When the host is speaking about paying* In Britonisea, you will be able to vote via the WorldVision app after all the acts have performed to vote, or even go on the website! Calls and texts are not available for this edition, unfortunately, though, for the elderly or those without internet, we will give you a number to ring! And we know if you have internet or not.
Tess: Okay, well, the first nation to perform is Estogium. Estogium is presented by Shyna Kumbes singing "Rise."

1: Estogium

Tess: Truly different and this is what Estogium is!
Daniel: Sending different songs to stand out from the rest. This is great, Estogium!
Tess: Anyway, I love it! I hope we can give them 12 points.
Daniel: I KNOW RIGHT!

2: Mister X

Tess: Are you sure it's someone's actions that is too hard, I think not. When the lyrics speak of climbing over someone, it's quite cannibalistic,
Daniel: Kind of abusive! I am not too sure what to think of this song.
Tess: Also, when I saw the first image of Will, I thought he was going to sing something a bit more toy-boy kind of thing...
Daniel: But no. He is singing this song? This song is for a man with a beard and packs and everything! This just doesn't fit him.
Tess: What I do think is that Mister X is going in the right direction with changing their songs. Not sure about this song in the Britonish Votes, but it's good.
Daniel: We'll see what type of justice Britonisea has.

3: Ardoki

Tess: The song is not half bad, to be honest. It's just the lyrics. I can't wait until Ardoki writes a good song.
Daniel: I think they have a problem with their song writers.
Tess: It annoys me a lot.
Daniel: Let's carry on!

4: Talvezout

Daniel: They nearly won last edition and I would think that since their magnificent entry last edition, they would improve...
Tess: Daniel...
Daniel: But No.
Tess: I met her in the Pre-Party in Junterapten and I think she is quite a nice person!!!
Daniel: Okay - but this is a song contest not a personality one.
Tess: Okay, have what you want but, I liked this.
Daniel: I didn't !

5: Dreamplanet

Daniel: This is really embarrassing. Ekoz used a very similar song and it sounds very similar. It's quite...worrying. It's a great tune but, in Ekoz? I don't think nations will appreciate it. Nevertheless, it will probably get some points from Britonisea.
Tess: Well, it's Dreamplanet and they did incredibly well! Dreamplanet is a nation worth rating quite highly - they're definitely doing a Britonisea, here. Bad results and suddenly great results.
Daniel: I'm really happy with Dreamplanet's progress.
Tess: It's bound to get points from Britonisea - already with the diaspora, Dreamplanet will - maybe - get a consolidated 12 points.

6: Kalosia

Tess: OMG! The entries in this song contest are really high, and it's only been 6 songs! This was a great, different song from Kalosia!
Daniel: I think it needed a POW moment, which it didn't have...But this song is really good. The crowd was getting really involved in this song as well! I am starting to doubt our chances of winning - eventhough Vha Mehlodhivestoile got as much views as World Hit Festival!
Tess: I don't care, I would give this 12 points! But we still have a lot of countries coming up!
Daniel: Now, let's move on to Song 7!!

7. Kishrael

Daniel: It's okay. It's not amazing but not awful nor is it bad. From a nation who is was one the best, this was a bit simplistic.
Tess: And sometimes, Simplicity works and it shines - however, this song is not my fatcake. Kishrael, I love you...don't get me wrong. But sometimes, I just want to kick you in the leg or something.
Daniel: When they send good songs - they win or top place.
Kishrael: And I am afraid this song will get forgotten in the mist of high class entries this edition.
Daniel: We are not slagging it off - we're just saying. And song number 7 - it won't do the nation any favours.

8. The Mercenary Islands

Tess: This is very Disney fairytale. I don't really like it.
Daniel: I think it's very Disney and wishy-washy, but the sound in the arena is great tonight.
Tess: What can they improve on?
Daniel: Bringing us a song with a bit more omph. You know. This is inoffensive.
Tess: Well, let's move on. I'm sure this nation won't come last. It'll probably get a point from Estogium.

9 - Zadiner

Daniel: Everything about this song is great. Everything - however, there is no music.
Tess: That ruined it's chances of winning. What a shame!
Daniel: Hopefully, Zadiner comes back strong.

10 - Oisinistan

Daniel: What a brilliant show it's been so far!
Tess: I have to agree, I have to agree. Anyway, let's speak about our next act...
Daniel: Sara-Lorena Huntington with "Dream."
Tess: Yes. She was at the Junteräpten Pre-Party! And guess what?
Daniel: What?
Tess: She is actually from Britonisea!
Daniel: How embarrassing if they place higher than us?
Tess: Very, to be honest. But, we wish them all the best and the Britonish is right behind her.

11. Antahbrantahstan

Daniel: Oh My Lord! This isn't something I would expect from Antahbrantahstan. It's quite a good song - indeed.
Tess: Quite anthemic. It's a nice song!
Daniel: I wouldn't be surprised if Britonisea gave them 12. Britonish with good music!
Tess: During the Junteräpten Pre-Party, the crowd did like her song - and I think the audience here did too.
Daniel: Wow.

12. Todlichebujoku

Tess: Asian looking guys are not really my type but these guys are good-looking! Similar to their WV41 entrants.
Daniel: I don't like the song.
Tess: Me neither. It reminds me of Mister X's song - but this song is just worst. I actually had a reason to try and like Mister X's song. This is just horrible.
Daniel: This song doesn't sum up the LGBT community. It's quite a violent sound song.
Tess: But because it's Todlichebujoku - they won't be in the bottom half of the scoreboard. So, I have nothing to say other than...Good luck. They improved since Junteräpten.
Daniel: Next up, we have the dashing Mikael Rosaro. So handsome, he makes me cry. I live his artwork. It's Fear. But this is being contrasted my Mikael's face because Mikael looks so handsome and fearless. So what does the song actually mean? He looks brave...Is he really brave? What does this contrast mean???
Tess: You're over thinking it.

13. The Sarian

Daniel: It's okay. I really like his personality and stuff - so it overshines the song.
Tess: I am not sure of the song. It's really scary. It's okay.
Daniel: This song has had a lot of Press and a lot of hype.
Tess: It will probably get half marks in Britonisea - 6 marks.
Daniel: KwaDai is messing up the Junterapten chain - singing a great song though. Here's sog 14!

14. KwaDai

Tess: I just love it. Love it. LOVE IT! REFLECTION!
Daniel: Probably the best of the night. I'm expecting high points from KwaDai! High points indeed.
Tess: I'm quite speechless really.
Daniel: After that quite exciting sing-along. We move on to Normandy & Picardy. Our last edition's winner!

15. Normandy and Picardy

Daniel: They're hosts of the 24th World Hit Festival. Wow, it's been 5 editions since Kalosia! *laughs*
Tess: I think this song is quite good. It really does build up the tension. I love the drums.
Daniel: I don't think it's our winner tonight - I do think it's going to do well tonight.
Tess: Estogium is more likely to vote for Normandy & Picardy - not us.
Daniel: True. Anyway - let's carry on!
Tess: Adab with...oh him again.

16. Adab

Daniel: This is bad.
Tess: I don't like this at all. He needs to go. And until he does, I won't be going.
Daniel: Agreed. Let's move on.
Tess: Song #17 - The song that wins the most. Morning Mountains will be singing this.

17. Morning Mountains

Tess: It's a pretty average song. I mean, personally, I don't really like it. But a song is a song.
Daniel: Okay. This song is not revolting. It's not bad. It's just not amazing. Is it?
Tess: No.
Daniel: BUT! It could do well internationally. It could. After the next performance, it's Britonisea.

18. Titaniumland

Daniel: I like the song - it's a great song. That will definitely increase the quality a bit.
Tess: Conflicting melodies is something I don't like. But, even though there is like a gazillion in this song, it fits really well. I think.
Daniel: It will, hopefully, do well. Titaniumland, going off topic - kind of - is very accepting of Britonish Music. You know Zeke Lemondey?
Tess: Yep...
Daniel: He is still in the official charts in Titaniumland - he isn't in Britonisea.
Tess: Very strange. Also, Britonisea's act, Mini is also in the Titaniumland Official charts. She jumped 4 places! So let's see why Britonisea's song attracts to Titaniumland! She is number one in Britonisea as well.

19. Britonisea

Daniel: It's definitely one of our good entries in the past 10 edition. I do think it's better than A Step At A time and all of that - which came 5th. However, remember, this is obviously harder competition. I think we can get our 5th 5th-place finish.
Tess: I think so too!
Daniel: Shall we move on?
Tess: Song 20!

20. Electrum Diplomatic Offices

Tess: I didn't like this. Why is Britonisea surrounded by songs that change? No.
Daniel: It just emphasises the good of Britonisea, to be honest.
Tess: Great running order, indeed!
Daniel: Anyway, let's just move on. Let's hope the actual nation can do better...

21. Electrum

Daniel: This entry...is...
Tess: Is...
Daniel: Is....!!
Tess: IS!!!!!
Daniel: Boring.
Tess: Agreed. It's really repetitive. I didn't really enjoy this song. Pretty woman and all, but...?
Daniel: I don't know if this song is strong enough to win in Carnise!!!
Tess: Nevertheless, Electrum is a great country but they should stick to their day job. Hosting Olympics or somethin'
Daniel: I dunno. Next up is a nation from Ultimaverse, finally.
Tess: It's only be 2 entries since!
Daniel: 2 entries long enough! The region is really looking for their first win. Let's do this!

22. Arioslavia

Tess: An Ultimaversian win? YES! This was a great song.
Daniel: Personally, I thought it was better than Kalosia.
Tess: But this song is a song I would expect from Kishrael, you know.
Daniel: Eventhough Britonisea and Kishrael have never rivaled before.
Tess: This is about Arioslavia, anyway! This song is great and I can see 12 points going their way!

23. Darkmania

Daniel: Don't you just hate it when debutantes enter a song without a song?
Tess: I do. OMG! Darkmania just did that.
Daniel: Get your act together, man.
Tess: Next nation is, oh no. It's Lady Andårsse!

Tess: I have no idea who this person is but she is going to go all around the world in search for her formulae for winning success.
Daniel: It's quite a surprise that Ekoz hasn't won. They have always been better than us...But we won earlier than them. The thing is, we joined WV in 31 whereas they've joined in 32. Seems like a long time ago - but really, it isn't.
Tess: Yep, anyway, let's carry on! Song Number 24.

24. Rusmailica

Tess: This reminds me a lot like Estogium's song. I see how they put their song at the start and this song here.
Daniel: It's a cool song, bound to get some points from Estogium - more than Britonisea.
Tess: Rusmailica, for a debut nation, did well. However, nothing is happening.
Daniel: I like the song. I do. But will it win? I'm not too sure!
Tess: Song Number Twenty-oh..No it's her again - great...
Daniel: in BRITONISEA!
Tess: I take that back!

Daniel: And they are in the city of Alshkan. A city no one has heard until the Region's football league started. Since then, you walk down the street and all the football fans - which aren't many of them - can't shut their mouths about Alshkan.
Tess: Alshkan is a lovely city near the Estogian-Britonish Border. Very nice, indeed. A great, green, city to host WorldVision.
Daniel: But this Lady is rude.
Tess: She is. She isn't welcome in Alshkan again. Let's move on to...Ekoz.
Daniel: YES!

25. Ekoz

Daniel: Initially, I didn't really like this song - at all.
Tess: Me netiher.
Daniel: But now, it's okay. It's not as good as their song last edition - that was a great song.
Tess: I agree with you there. It really was a good song. This song just lacks a lot of things.
Daniel: This isn't Ekoz. How about swap this song with Mister X's?
Tess: We're now going to take a three minute break - because we can.

26. Bloodbath Generation

*Advert*

27. Ingvaria

Daniel: I think that this song is great - but the song is ruined by the unnecessary lyrics.
Tess: I know right, very bad.
Daniel: I liked it either way.
Tess: Next up is Missus X.

28.Missus X

Tess: What a monotonous song, so childish.
Daniel: This may give them last place alongside Ardoki. But at least Ardoki had a good structure.
Tess: Rick Leg, you bore me. I didn't like you before. I don't like you now.
Daniel: Him and that Adab guy need to team up!
Tess: Next up is Lymantatia, haven't heard from them in ages.

29. Lymantatia

Daniel: Right. This song fits the staging - doesn't mean you still should do nothing. Gosh.
Tess: Come on Lymantatia.
Daniel: This nation sends great songs, but poor staging which I think, will let them down.
Tess: Unlucky, Lymantatia. Carry on trying.

30. Rejistania

Tess: Well, it was okay. Don't think it's our winner.
Daniel: No...
Tess: And, we finish with Rejistania!
Daniel: The entries at the start were great but it flopped thereafter.
Tess: Indeed. Do you want to know how to vote? Well, please just listen up!
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon May 16, 2016 11:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Kishrael
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kishrael » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:15 pm

OOC: All Hebrew is romanised to save space, 'Ch' represents the 'ħ' phoneme, 'Kh' represents the 'x' phoneme.

07. Kishrael - קשראל
Jeda Bari - Abo L'Bayt
ג'דה ברי - אבוא לבית

Language: Hebrew

To the Tune Of - Elhaida Dani - Në Jetë

After a hiatus of seven editions, Kishrael returned to the WorldVision Song Contest, still as one of the more successful entrants, yet recently eclipsed by Polkopia in terms of success. Kishrael were supposed to return to the contest during the 45th edition, with a national final scheduled on KBA2, however nothing ever came of it and the transmission was replaced with reruns of the news. The original withdrawal of Kishrael was the perceived injustice at the 40th contest, where Tabitha Shamaimah, one of the most successful artists at the contest, finished second to a Praciban song, many of whom in Kishrael thought it to be much inferior, perhaps a joke. In any respect this edition has long gone and there begins a simmering enthusiasm to rejoin the world's greatest celebration of international music. Jeda Bari was internally selected to represent Kishrael with the song 'Abo L'Bayt', a mid-tempo Pop ballad which is to be sung entirely in Hebrew, a first for a Kishraeli entry. While not perceived as a favourite, 'Abo L'Bayt' did carry some expectation among the domestic crowd - it had spent 3 weeks prior to the contest at number 1, before dropping to 3rd in the charts. Early signs suggest that it was to rise again during the contest week.

The stage begins dark after the Kishraeli postcard finishes, large noise is heard in the stadium at the first entry from Kishrael in the contest for almost seven years. As the backing vocalists (who are invisible and arranged equally at each side of the stage in twos) begin to sing the intro, dim brown and golden lights flash in time with their singing. These reveal Jeda in the centre of the stage, but does not reveal her clothes, as for now she is merely a silhouette.

[Ay yi yi yi yi yi…]
[Yeah yeah yeah…]
[Ay yi yi yi yi yi…]
[Yeah yeah yeah…]

Jeda is shown to be wearing a long yellow dress, with her hair down. The dress blends well with the background, creating an innocent vibe, while also providing her with freedom of movement. The camera faces her from the front as she begins the song, she looks at the camera singing the words with a conviction that could only be conveyed by singing in her first tongue.

Mi yodea’a mah zeh yakol l’hiot (Who knows what this could be)
Im ha’imperiyah shavrah azikimo (If the empire broke its chains)
Ebneh mamlakhah chadashah bishvilanu (I’ll build a new kingdom for us)
Historiyah machyilah ha’yom (History starts today)
Ani margish zeh (I feel it)
Elef olamot rachok mikan (A thousand worlds far away from here)
Zeh koach baba m’olam lo hafsed (This power baby never lose it)

As the chorus begins she stays standing still in the centre of the stage, and the camera continues with a frontal facing view, but tries alternative angles including slight diagonals and panning the camera as she sings. Furthermore she emphasises the words she sings with hand gestures which very much reflect an inner thought - she is shown folding into herself almost with her movements as she touches her chest, before gesturing outwards to the metaphorical person she sings to.

V’ta’iyta v’zeh b’seder (And you made a mistake and that is okay)
V’ta’iyti aval lo lashav (And I made a mistake but not for nothing)
Chalom l’hayinu, dachatah l’akhshayv (The dream we had, postponed for now)
Yom achad b’karov abo l’bayt (One day soon, I’ll come home)
Abo l’bayt, l’ton zroa’otkha, l’ton levkha (I’ll come home, into your arms, into your heart)
V’matai ani bayt, tih’yeh sham? (And when I am home, will you be there?)

As the next, more upbeat verse begins, she begins to walk down the walkway of the stage, not at any particular speed but slowly in time to the music. She stops halfway through and does an almost swaying motion while clutching her chest with her free hand. In the background the LED screen changes to a stylised wheat image and the angle at which the camera points at Jeda shows her moving in time with the wheat creating a pleasing synergy on-screen.

[Ay yi yi yi yi yi…]
[Yeah yeah yeah…]
[Ay yi yi yi yi yi…]
[Yeah yeah yeah…]

Geshem mar ta’amim kmo vanil (The bitter rain tastes like vanilla)
K’ani margish neshimakha m’tokah (As I feel your sweet breath)
Ani shokhevet (I am lying down)
Ba’deshe m’chakah aflulit (On the grass waiting for sunset)
Az chalumoti yakolot lakachat oti l’kha (So my dreams can take me to you)

As the interlude before the more powerful chorus begins she stops in the middle of the walkway and harmonises with the words the backing vocalists chant. At this moment the flowers on her dress begin to turn green, like new buds, this is thanks to clever LED projection effects on her dress. She closes her eyes as she sings, with her hand outreaching to the audience.

Oooooh oooooh [Kach oti l’kha...] (Take me to you)
Oooooh oooooh [Kach oti l’kha...] (Take me to you)

She opens her eyes once again and sings the chorus, widening her gate to increase the ability she has to sing. At this part of the song, slowly but surely the green turns to pink on her dress, and the wheat background is replaced with a green grass one, still stylised however. The new colours show a transition from lifelessness and lack of colour to greater vibrancy which is assisted in being captured by the increased enormity of the camera angles.

Abo l’bayt, l’ton zroa’otkha, l’ton levkha (I’ll come home, into your arms, into your heart)
V’matai ani bayt, tih’yeh sham? (And when I am home, will you be there?)
Sham bishvili? (There for me?)
Yeah!

As she sings this next bit she runs up to the circular part of the stage. At this point her dress is in full bloom, and LED effects show green leaves dropping off her dress and remaining on the floor behind her, the camera angle shows a dynamic movement as she runs so that these feature can be picked up by the audience, before spinning the camera round to her front and out giving a grand angle and encapsulating much of the front of the stadium as she hits her highest notes. The background too is now brighter as pink roses bloom and petals, thorns and leaves fly about on the LED screen behind Jeda.

[Ay yi yi yi yi yi…]
[Yeah yeah…]

As the song calms down, Jeda drops her head as the backing vocalist plays out. She then looks up again with an almost sorrowful look as the camera points directly at her face.

[Ay yi yi yi yi yi…]
[Yeah yeah yeah…]

At the end the camera pulls back to reveal her full body, the yellow dress restored. She jumps up, shouting 'Thank you Ekoz, it feels so good to be back!"

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:19 pm

COMMENTARY on MRX ONE with Sam Smith and Robert Baxter.

Robert: Welcome to Ekoz yet again for the WorldVision Song Contest. They've hosted it more times than I've had hot dinners, and so tonight in Carnise we can surely pin our hopes on Will Carter to win it for Mister X. After all, it was in Ekoz we achieved our highest ever placing of 3rd in WV33. This year's logo resembles a tumbleweed, so make of that what you will.
Sam: And, as per usual, I will be categorising the songs into their softness - we go from ultra-soft to hard. It goes purple, red, yellow, white, and silver. In other words - plum, jam, butter, bread, knife.

OPENING ACT

Robert: For a moment I thought we were in Thatcher City. How odd. I mean... we've never won, either!

01 ESTOGIUM

Sam: Is this what they mean by "soft start"?
Robert: Who's "they"?
Sam: It's a phrase I heard.
Robert: Well, I take it you don't think much of it then.
Sam: At least it fits in with the tumbleweed theme. Jam.
Robert: Not plum?
Sam: No. Not quite.

02 MISTER X

Robert: I have to admit, I didn't like this when I first heard it. It just wasn't dancey enough for me.
Sam: Yeah, Will, I hate to say it, but your disco needs you. That said, it was quite dramatic and so on.
Robert: I wish they'd just explored the chess metaphor a bit more, really.
Sam: I think that falls under bread.

03 ARDOKI

04 TALVEZOUT

05 DREAMPLANET

Robert: That wasn't too bad, actually.
Sam: Yeah, it's a good song, but I just wish it would "go off", or "drop" as the kids say these days. It just needed an extra layer of drums in there for me, it just was missing something. I just... I haven't been this disappointed since Shrek 2! Bread.

06 KALOSIA

Robert: Good to see them back after that voting cock-up not too long ago.
Sam: Tactically speaking, it isn't, because that's going to win. It's just ace. I can't really fault it in any way, shape or form.
Robert: Bit '90s to be perfectly honest, surely?
Sam: I love '90s tracks though, so this was right up my alley.
Robert: I thought you loved the '80s?
Sam: I love both - got a problem with that?
Robert: No. Now stop being so sassy and tell us how soft it was.
Sam: That was a knife.

07 KISHRAEL
(N.B. Would strongly advise reading the commentary for Kalosia if you haven't done so already.)

Sam: OK, now this is one I don't mind back in the contest.
Robert: Really?
Sam: Yeah. I can't stand this, I'm afraid. It's just so annoying and repetitive, and I don't get the staging either.
Robert: Well... you're being a bit savage. But you're right. It wasn't longer than the other entries tonight... it just felt like it.
Sam: I forgot to bring my earmuffs, you'll be sorry to hear...
Robert: Ouch. Bad luck.
Sam: Anyway, that screech in the middle woke us all up, so it's not plum, it's jam.

Robert: We'll be back with more cr-- er, great entries later. Don't go away.
Last edited by Mister X on Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

The Mercenary Islands
Secretary

Founded: Apr 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mercenary Islands » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:12 am

8 // The Mercenary Islands
Faamavae La'u Pele - Adelinda Sanz

On the stage was Adelinda, a Clarinet Player, an Accordion Player, a Violinist and 2 backing vocalists. They were all white women, dressed like Greek Goddesses (White robes & Sandals). The LED screen is very similar to Jóhanna's in Eurovision 2009, where it's a Mediterranean harbor with ships sailing in and out, seagulls and birds flying around and it transitions from night to day, with a lot of stars in the night. They all stand in a circle, walking around and acting very casually elegant. Adelinda looked very elegant, her mug was on point, so was her hair, with flowers and everything. The song starts and her voice is very pure, which is impressive, considering she's only 19!

In my dreams, by the shore, you and me,
Our love was clear, like the tides in the sea

We use to lay every night counting the stars
But you were the star in my eyes

The ship has sailed, and I wave with tears in my eyes
Now I must bid farewell to you

In the LED screen it starts raining. She expresses herself a lot with her hands, but other than that, there where close to no flaws. Her voice was strong and the backing vocalists helped a lot.

Fameo, atou lima le feiloai toei
Aunoa outou iinei gon’ faava so pei

It stops raining in the LED screen and transitions from a sunrise to day. Adelinda continues to sing with the dorkiest smile ever.

Ave tausa ma i ou, to maf’ outo’
Ao miti e te toe fo mai au

Tatou folau ese suesue le sami
I lo lima pei o somia

Her dorky smile turns into a happy-crying face, she isn't crying, but she looks like she might. The musicians and backing vocalists stand in a line closer to Adelinda, and the Accordion players sings with her too (with the backing vocalists too of course)

E te umi lu, ma ou e talia taunuuga
O lea faamavae la’u pele

She starts bursting in to tears after holding the last note for about 5-6 seconds. She bows with the musicians and backing vocalists as they're giggling at her. She thanks the audience and leaves the stage.

Samoan Translation
Hopefully, our hands will meet once more
A day without you feels like eternity

Years have passed, I've moved on from you
But still I dream you've come back for me

We sail away and explore the seas
In your arms surrounded by the ocean breeze

But you're long gone, I have accepted that fate
So I bid farewell my dear
Last edited by The Mercenary Islands on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Mercenary Islands
Le Motu Faipisinisi
HoS - Alma Hölzer
PM - Corentin Van Der See
Pop. - 3'649'481
Capital - Port Mariana

17 / agender (they/them) / intp / russian living in danmark
ISideWith

Zadiner
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:04 am

09 - Zadiner

Gone - Natalie Bathway

It has been a long time coming for Zadiner. After several failed attempts to raise funds to get someone in WorldVision, and then several times where the song has been pulled out, Zadiner has finally entered its first contest. Zadinerians have watched and loved WorldVision for the past 46 editions, and Zadiner's entry has sparked public interest even higher.
Representing the country is Natalie Bathway. She is 30 years old and has been singing in small events for over 10 years. After the release of her first album last year, her song was voted the one to be entered into the contest. Therefore Zadiner presents 'Gone' to the world!

The stage is silent and dark as Natalie walks onto the stage. She is wearing a black dress which covers nearly all of her body. The screen on the stage shows a steady video of leaves falling. She comes to the middle and stands straight with her head down. Then she brings the microphone up to here mouth and her soft voice flows through the arena.
Gone have you been through these years
Lost without a clue
Never have I felt so much fear
When I'm without you

Natalie stays in one position as two dancers move onto the stage from opposite sides. They use slow movements to convey the slow message of the song.
Gone is that old life I used to know
Disappeared into midst
Never will I have that feeling
Of knowing usual

The dancers intensify their movements to match the rising volume of the song. Natalie brings her left arm up slowly as she builds up her voice.
You were gone, gone, gone
Gone

Natalie's voice turns to forte as the chorus starts.
You left me empty, standing on the sidewalk
Never got to know that special man I heard about
Why did those angels descend to take you away
You've caused me much pain
Oh you've been go------ne
Gone

As the chorus finishes the two dancers slow their movements but keep the same intensity. Natalie raises her expression as if asking the audience a question and sings the bridge powerfully.
Why were you gone?
What happened?
What did I do to make you leave?
What have I done?
It was never your time, you had much life left.
But now you're gone, gone, gone

Natalie begins a half-hearted dance while the two dancers move as if there's no tomorrow.
You left me empty, standing on the sidewalk
Never got to know that special man I heard about
Why did those angels descend to take you away
You've caused me much pain
Oh you've been go------ne
Gone

Natalie and the two dancers thank the audience before walking off the stage.
Last edited by Zadiner on Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

IATA Member
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organisation
Proud South Pacifican
Zadiner/Zak for TSP Delegate!

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:58 pm

[/sub]
TRT BROADCASTING PRESENTS: WORLDVISION 47, LIVE FROM CARNISE, EKOZ
Your commentators for the evening are Nicholas Etżro and Lorenzo.

Nicholas: Hello ladies, gentlemen, spider whales, dhows, birds, lizards, children, grandparents, fountains, and parrots, welcome to Carnise for Worldvision 47, live here from Ekoz!
Lorenzo: Yes ladies, gentlemen, et al, we could have hosted this but we didn't bother with the procedures, thus we're heading towards one of the best Worldvision nations of all time, Ekoz!
Nicholas: Yep. 50 nations are competing here tonight, and we're gonna be seeing wide variety of styles and performances here tonight.
Lorenzo: I'm personally rather excited. We're gonna be represented tonight by little miss Grezzja Haber. She's drawn fourth, so thankfully we won't be smushed way at the end.
Nicholas: Indeed.

OPENING ACT

Lorenzo: I enjoyed that. Nice song, and rather uptempo.
Nicholas: Meh, it feels too bog-standard.
Lorenzo: Speaking of bogs, for those of you who are looking to get smashed tonight, Nick and I are going to be having a drinking game that you can follow along. And, if you want to get the whole family involved, just use milk or something. Nicholas: I'll be one downing the drinks. Thankfully, the security here didn't allow us to sneak in anything major, so all we have is some rather weak wine and champagne.
Lorenzo: Let the drinking begin!

01 - Estogium

Nicholas: Trippy.
Lorenzo: I loved that. It sounded great, she sang great, and it has an inspirational message.
Nicholas: If doesn't do well I'm gonna break into one of the other commentary boxes and I'll steal their liquor or something. I love this.
Lorenzo: She should come and perform here in Talvezout, people are gonna like her music.

02 - Mister X

Nicholas: Huh. I didn't know that Rede Keitherson* was Misterxian.
Lorenzo: Bleh, this reminds me too much of Oasisan pop. Too produced.

03 - Ardoki
Nicholas: What's up with this nation and singing politicians?

04 - Talvezout
Lorenzo: Ah, high school. The time where someone looked like a kindergartener and their friend looked like they belonged in college.
Nicholas: She's got a rather big voice for 15 years, no?
Lorenzo: Yep. Good song as well, although I'm scared that the song being relatively static might hurt it.

05 - Dreamplanet

Nicholas: Dreamplanet. The plucky little nation that never gives up. Always sends something good.
Lorenzo: We've seen her before, haven't we? She still sounds good.

06 - Kalosia

Nicholas: They're back ladies and gentlemen, Kalosia is back.
Lorenzo: They've always sent something really good, and this is no exception.
Nicholas: It's shaping to be a good contest so far.

07 - Kishrael

Lorenzo: Another old face, people. Kishrael is back.
Nicholas: Folksy, but simple. I love it.

08 - The Mercenary Islands

Lorenzo: That's a rather ominous name, no?
Nicholas: I like how they had all of the instruments onstage.
Lorenzo: Yep, good music all around.

09 - Zadiner

Nicholas: That's rather odd, no? An a capella entry?
Lorenzo: Meh, it's nice. Nice-ish.
Nicholas: Surprisingly short though. Done and dusted in 2 minutes.
Lorenzo: Nice debut.

10 - Oisinistan
Last edited by Talvezout on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:06 pm

10- Oisinistan- Frozen Inside, performed by Gravity
Tune
Gravity are a five-piece band from Sordclomkill, Oisinistan. They rose to prominence with their single 'Only Me' reaching No.3 in the Oisinistani charts. Their members are James Marshall (lead singer), Brandon Harris (lead guitarist and backup singer), Andrew Purcell (pianist and saxophonist), James Cole (bass guitarist) and Rob Young (drummer).

The band come on the stage. Purcell begins to play the piano, while Young taps out a soft beat. Marshall begins to sing.

My fate is cold and hard, I lie awake
Wishing I was that man, hadn't made that mistake
Am I so hopeless? Have I no chance to be with you?
I hope that you'll never see how I'm torn in two, oo hoo-

As Marshall continues to sing, Harris sings a gentle harmony in the background to begin the pre-chorus, and Cole begins to play a bassline.
I'm frozen inside, ooh-ooh
I'm frozen inside-

There is a brief pause, as the drum rhythm increases a slight bit for the chorus.
Where did I go wrong? Was it something I said?
My heart is bleeding away, and my soul is nearly dead,
I'm frozen over, all over, I am, it's no life
When I'm without you, I'm frozen inside.

The chorus ends, and comes into another verse.
I blush every time I hear your name,
Was what we had real? Was it your cruel game?
Wanted to ask you, but couldn't face the pain,
Had my head up high, now it's held down low in shame, ooh-ooh

The prechorus begins again.
I'm frozen inside, ooh-ooh
I'm frozen inside-

The music intensifies a little bit again.

Suddenly, Harris comes in on guitar with a sudden solo, and Marshall's voice becomes hollow and echoey. He sings slightly quieter during Harris's solo.
Frozen inside, frozen inside,
Frozen inside, ooh-ooh
Frozen inside, frozen inside,
Frozen inside, ooh-ooh.

The solo stops, and Marshall continues to sing, slightly louder but still gentle and soft.
My fate is hard and cold, I lie awake,

Marshall's voice is suddenly powerful, a drumline begins and he sings.
Oh Lord help me, I'm going, I just can't take-

As the chorus begins again it gets more powerful and every instrument gets more powerful.

The bass, guitar and drumming stop.

As Purcell plays an accompaniment to Marshall's last line, the performance draws to a close. The band wave out and say 'Thank you all! Thank you, Ekoz!
Last edited by OIsINiSTAn on Sun May 08, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:42 am

11. ANTAHBRANTAHSTAN

Sara-Lorena Huntington-Dream

Sara during a photoshoot.

Sara won the Anturian NF SoundVision #1, garnering 96 points from the juries and garnering 110 points from the televote, propelling her into 1st place with a total of 206 points.

She was also invited to perform in Britonisea's Junterapten pre-party, "People there are very amazing! I think i will visit Junterapten again!" She said during an interview. During her stay in Carnise, she had a "scary, but funny" experience, she accidentally sprayed her perfume too much, she then decides to ignore it, but, when she goes outside, she is chased by a large group of women, she had no choice but to run far away, "I had no idea that it would happen here, i think i ran for 2 hours", she then laughed, "Don't worry Ekozians, i have no grudge on you, it's my fault, i sprayed too much perfume." "Also, about my song, eventhough it sounds catchy, it kinda have dark themes, daydreaming, bullying, and depression, during my college years, i've been bullied and mocked by many people, but now i'm friends with all of them, this song is an ode to my college years, the time where i'm daydreaming and such. But, the song also have some strong meaning, like never giving up."

Normal: Sara
Bold: Sara and backing singers

We see Sara, wearing a white blouse and jeans with some flower motif, the LED screen is coloured cream, and then she sits on a piano with a microphone fitted, behind her is a man hitting the bass drum, opening the song.
I’m flying up
Through the blue skies
Then the damn sound wakes me up from it
I just want to
Be happy not
Having a pain that lasts for a decade

She then began to sing pretty fast, some spotlights, also coloured cream, then shines at her.
People keeps bashing me and mocking me, oh, yeah
People always wanted to turn my smiles into frowns
People keeps bashing me and mocking me, oh, yeah (Ah, ah, ah)
I’ll just ignore them and close my eyes down
And fly off to the land where dreams are known

The LED screen then shows a timelapse of a white rose blooming in a kaleidoscopic cream background, some spotlights then changes its colour to light brown, and two female violinists, wearing a black gown then come into the stage.
As I slowly close my eyes down
I’m flying off to the dreamland
There I can show my true feelings
And let my sadness known
To the whole universe, la, la, la
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la

The LED screen then shows a hand that is preparing to fly paper planes (also in a cream background), the stage then lights up a bit, and two male ribbon gymnasts, shirtless and wearing white trousers then comes into the stage, elegantly playing with ribbons.
The sweetest dreams
The darkest fears
The only place where every dreams are made of
Feel the wonders
And come with me (Ah..)

She then began to sing fast again, and the screen then shows the same hand playing with bubbles, the gymnasts then throws the ribbon to the violinists and the violinists then throws violin to the gymnasts, they all catch it, and the females then sheds the black gown to reveal that they're wearing a blue outfit , the males then play the violin and vice-versa.
Oh, People keeps bashing me and mocking me, oh, yeah
People always wanted to turn my smiles into frowns
People keeps bashing me and mocking me, oh, yeah (Ah, ah, ah)
And fly off to the land where dreams are known

The LED screen then changes into some flowers blooming in a cream background, and the female gymnasts then leapt Sara and her piano, generating some applause and wow's from the audience,
And let my sadness known
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la

To the whole universe
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la

She then plays the piano, the males playing the violin passionately, and then, the instrument starts again with Sara signaling it to play by shouting "Hah!"
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la
(Hah!)
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la

She then began to sing again, the LED screen then began to dim and show some crack.
And let my sadness known to you

The LED screen then "breaks" and shows a watercolor painting tree in the middle of flowers, the spotlights then turns white and creates an illusion of a bird's wing, Sara then sings passionately, the males and females then leapt the piano together.
And let my sadness known
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la

To the whole universe,
La la la
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la
Dream, la la la

She then plays the piano, and the screen turns black.
I’ll fly to the dreamland

Then the audience applaud and cheers her,she then says "Thank You Ekoz! Terima Kasih Ekoz!" and she goes backstage,
Last edited by Antahbrantahstan on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:25 am

12. _Tödlichebujoku_

With Tödlichebujoku able to participate in WorldVision once more, TÖBUK has unveiled its long-running project that has been in progress since the end of WV43, finally complete despite a number of setbacks. The culmination of the project, "Save Us", is a piece about discrimination and intolerance by established rapper RAJU and rising star Pyórremyrsky, who also goes by Pyórre. RAJU hails from Eisige-ka, a moderately sized city in the western forested plains of the nation. but built his fame on the streets of Schlectenhanashi, gaining fans with his social commentary-focused songs and "realness". Pyórre, on the other hand, is from coastal Säureai and grew in popularity on the crystallomatrix with his unique voice and lyrical style. The two artists met as Pyórre was being signed to the record label with which RAJU was recording his new album, "Yótaivas". Quickly getting along, the two decided to collaborate on a project, based on the experiences of RAJU while he was performing abroad and socializing with the expat and refugee communities in various nations. Thus "Save Us" was born.

Ostensibly about the fear of a homosexual couple in a hostile society, the song's meaning broadens to include the struggle of any minority in a hostile society, even if their existence is legally tolerated or supported. The sexual orientation bent of "Save Us" is used simply as an example of a greater problem facing people across a multitude of nations, including that of immigrants carrying foreign and new beliefs arriving into Tödlichebujoku's ancient and unusual culture.

EARLIER PRESS RELEASE

Fearing for your life in a foreign land...
Surrounded by hatred masked with politeness...
Intolerance directed at who you are...

These are the struggles faced by thousands of people living in foreign cultures. Whether expatriates, refugees, or foreign workers, these people crossing major cultural boundaries find themselves treated as aliens in a place they call home. Neither safely living in their country or culture of origin, nor in their adopted home, they are left without support and social acceptance. When their adopted society actively turns against them, these people have little to hide behind and barely anyone to turn to, especially when the threat is a slowly boiling, long-term one. For WorldVision 47, underground rapper RAJU and breakout singer Pyórremyrsky are raising awareness of this problem, with a song created from the perspective of a Tödlichebujoki household living in a foreign nation culturally against homo- and bisexuality. With a double-edged sword of love and politics, "Save Us" has a chance of standing out in the WorldVision field and staying in the minds of viewers past the final notes of the contest. RAJU and Pyórremyrsky hope to start conversations across and beyond the WorldVision fanbase with their entry, and hopefully save countless lives from misdirected hatred and intolerance.

The stage is dark, then the customary blue pulse flashes across the stage. Fog machines on the ceiling create a cascading pillar of misty haze that reaches down to the main stage. The lights fade on, subtly lighting Pyórre, and soft spotlights shift and weave about behind him and around the arena. The silver-gray background screen backlights the pillar of mist, and Pyórre begins with his head down, kneeling, and eyes closed, as if in prayer. His opening words have a hymnlike, almost monastic inflection to them

Translation:

Powers
above, hear
us, show
us your
love

Oh...
Korkeammat
voimat, kuulevat
meidát, náyttákáá
meille teidán
rakkautenne
Oh...

He looks up and rises, his face subtly lit. The background screen's silver-gray partially gives way to shifting golden rays and shadowy deep red and black undertones. The haze thickens, rolling in from above. Pyórre's gaze reaches out toward the audience, the look in his eyes portraying the insecurity and fear in his lyrics

I'll be waking in the morning in a civilized frontier, where the savages play nice for the strangers
Till the darkness rolls around, they drop their masks like, they hate their fake-ass act, all living lives of plastic
Hiding hateful rages, indignation under smiles, saying it's okay when they really want to kill you
All I ever wanted was to raise a family happily, but now I'm far away from home and treated like an outcast

The spotlight on Pyórre intensifies with the music, and the red and black undertones grow larger and darker and pulse with the beat. Grayscale images and clips of different types of people being pushed around, shunned, turned away, and weeping are projected upon the pillar of haze. The shifting spotlights around the arena continue, weaving a tense atmosphere

Night by night, holding closer onto my one true lover, we could be all right if they didn't seem so violent
Eyebrows raise, fists clench underneath the table, they be acting like we're criminals in action
I shed tears in the dark, praying for compassion, while he casts Christian charms to keep away the hatred
If our faith won't save us, reality will kill us

Projections of various religious symbols fade in, radiating light, then fade out. The background screen dims, and Pyórre looks up toward the intense spotlight shining down on him as if appealing to the heavens, his face harshly lit by the sheer amount of light

Powers hold the keys to free, I'm holding on till the lights go down

All of the lights in the arena dim to a barely visible glow. The stage floor and background screen show a grayscale rippling animation with a haunting, shadowy red and black pulse, backlighting Pyórre and the pillar of haze on the stage. The view zooms in and around Pyórre's face, his eyes pleading for mercy

Courtesy drowns
Within a sea of hate and fear
Can anyone save us
Just someone save us
Why can't they all not hate us
Can someone save us
Just someone save us
Why do they want to hurt us
Will someone save us
Anyone save us
When will we find true safety
From hatred?

Pyórre falls to his knees and disappears behind the collapsing pillar of mist. At the projecting platform, RAJU, clad in a black leather jacket, is suddenly illuminated. At first, he is in a defensive stance, then begins to walk around the edge of the platform.

Guard your mind, worlds collide, we're in the way and just too close
Love barely survives, when it's tortured by an animal
As RAJU clutches at his heart, a grayscale animation of a 3-D heart shape being scarred by claw-marks and bleeding appears on the background screen, then fades away. He sounds resigned and hopeless for the next few lines
You and I are all alone, neighbors hate our bones
Family can only reach out if it's possible
Others go, "Why don't you go back to your old home?" (your old home)
"Why don't you go back and live a known?" (live a known)
I say, "Shouldn't everyone feel safe at home?"
Mobs in the street, screaming at us to pack and go
He stands in place and shakes his head, looking down sadly, then looks directly to the audience, building power and passion in his voice, the resignation and hopelessness gone. He then travels along the edge of the platform to the main stage and back, alternating between singing to the audience and singing to the camera
All these know-it-alls tell us to pack it all up
As if raw cowardice would have empowered us
As if love only mattered if the neighbors liked it
Their stony hearts aflame with all that righteous passion
"Deviants corrupt, deviate us all"
A harsh black-and-white animation of a wildly throbbing human heart appears on the background screen. The heart is intact for a few seconds before a demonic creature tears its way out. The creature looks toward the audience, and unleashes a torrent of images and footage of violence toward cultural and lifestyle minorities from its maw, which soon covers the entirety of the screen
Peep in to my business, it's not a free for all
What's the limit now as hate nears infinity?
We know it's time to blaze the torch when the darkness drives

The lights dim, but the stage floor lights on the main part of the stage reveal the return of the fog pillar, within which Pyórre's silhouette can be discerned. However the audience's and camera view's attention is soon turned to a number of people in the audience. Composed of various races, ages, genders, and lifestyles, each person, lip-syncing to Pyórre, is lit by a spotlight for one line of the chorus before the next person is illuminated. They reach out, cast their eyes away from the camera, or remain stoic during their time in the spotlight

The peoples' minds;
I beg for mercy, but the fear won't go
Can anyone save us
Just someone save us
Why can't they all not hate us
Can someone save us
Just someone save us
Why do they want to hurt us
Will someone save us
Anyone save us
When will we find true safety
From hatred?

[end at 3:06, music fades out]

The spotlights dim as a grayscale video of a fearful, teary-eyed family reaching out is projected on the pillar of fog as the song ends, then appears to disintegrate into ash as the fog pillar dissipates

As the lights return to normal, Pyórre and RAJU join on stage and do a quick bow. "Kiitos kaikille, Carnise! Thank you all!" they shout. "Remember the downtrodden, the foreign, those who are different from you. Help them. Save them." The two singers then step off the stage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun May 08, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 10 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:23 pm

13. The Sarian

https://youtu.be/7ukiufxTcYI?t=43

You hurt me
Guess this'll be interesting
My wounds still glistening
Say you'll be different
Fooled me
Cried myself a forgiveness tear
Why can't I see the end is near
Suppose I didn't think it
I'm merely succeeding in believing you're heartfelt
Got out my gloom
Thanks to words I didn't
Believe in that killed my grieving
Want romance?
Last chance
Know I'll repeat it in the end
You turn me into a maniac
Forgot you're the sorry one
It's the fear
Sometime round the corner
You make me do something I don't wanna
Question whose mind I'm following
Mine is filled with fear
You can't tell me what I gotta do
One more step and we are through
Can't tell if I am genuine
Thanks to all the fear

Oh oh oh fear
Oh oh oh fear
What did you do to fill me with such fear?
Oh oh oh fear
Oh oh oh fear
But I don't think we can break up...

You used me
Yet somehow I've been dispossessed from bliss
Suffer from love deficit
I'll take your fist like it's a kiss
And I'm not your queen
Still treated me the best
Your attention is what recovers me
I need you or I'm not free
Perfection to other people
Then you hurt me this ain't living
You sunk lower, got aggressive (like you always do)
Feel ill falling your big scams,
Have bad dreams
Wishing I could vanish
Don't care about the glamour,
Because you've got outta hand
You're the fear
Spend another second with you and I'll hurl
It's always mind-boggling that this hasn't ended
I blame it on fear
Took my heart and pressed destroy
Choose blowing up 'cause I can't take what's going up
No more
Oh God why is there fear?

Oh oh oh fear
Oh oh oh fear oh oh oh
Oh oh oh fear
Oh oh oh fear
Oh oh oh

Am I just fear mongering
Am I a fabricator
Will people call me a faker
I need love
How did it ever come to this
When we first met it was such bliss
Don't look for me I'll be so far
Cause babe we're done
You were my wish,
But now I couldn't love a thing
Had a million warnings
So bad you're mad I have to leave this way
I'm your equal
And I'm leaving, grab confetti
And I'm standing up for me now I'm gonna go
I'll beat the fear

Oh oh oh fear
oh oh oh fear oh oh oh
Oh oh oh fear
oh oh oh fear
Didn't think we could break up thanks to all the fear

Oooooh
Oooooh
Oooooh
Hey
Oooooh
Oooooh
Oooooh
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:16 pm

14. KWADAI WorldVision 47

Following Kwadai's unsuccessfully last WorldVision performance, a new artist, Saida has been selected to represent her country in Carnise for this contest. Saida al Muheiry is a well established Kwadaian singer-songwriter, hailing from the city of Ras Ayyad. She first gained attention following her win of the largest and most popular music competition in the country in 2014. Since then she has released one album, from which three songs hit top five on the Kwadaian charts. Tonight she will sing her song "Reflection". Saida has described the song as motivational and it's meant to be based around the idea of being able to always pull yourself up and win, regardless of the reflections of your past failures that linger.

Melody: Samra - Miracle

My eyes flickered open, I saw the light

Now that the walls have crumbled down once more

All of these misconceptions just go to show
I don't give up
Climb over mountains, break through glass

An endless passion, not yet lost

Though I know it's a challenge, I'm willing to try

To tell myself, I'm stronger than I think

Just like a reflection, oh

A reflection of what can be achieved
No more blurred images or

False words, lies, empty promises

I guess I knew it, all along

I could do it, if I really tried

Now we have shown the world we are more than wethink

We fall and we lose you grow and you win

Just a reflection of everything that is right
No more blurred images or

False words, lies, empty promises

Yes, my thoughts proved right

But I'm here now, so what can I say?
No longer a reflection

Hey reflection, reflection
Not just a reflection

Reflection, reflection

Ooh… 
Reflection

Oh, like a reflection, oh

Just a reflection of everything that is right

Just like a reflection, reflection
Those reflections are gone now...

***Performance to be added***
Last edited by Kwadai on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:22 pm

15 - Normandy and Picardy
Maria Taruenal - Bigu (Jewel)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lJJeG6rtzs

After the victory in Oreo City, Normandy and Picardy went crazy. Some even had street parties, but these were few and far between. Still, people could not believe that their country had finally won. However, attention soon turned to the preparations for WV47. Many expected Normandy and Picardy to stick to an internal selection; many Normand successes have come from internal selections, but so have many of the biggest flops, but obviously after winning with "Hurts" many have confidence in NNN. So, many were surprised when NNN announced Qua Vola Gantar Pôr Norgwean?, a national final to decide the song for the next edition. The national final was decided by a public vote, international juries and "people's juries". It is unknown why this National Final was created, and no official explanation has been given. However, if the rumours are to be believed then the delegation wanted to give the public more choice, and others say the country is less concerned now they have won. But, as far as anyone can tell ÑNÑ are as involved and excited for the contest, as are the Normand public and the WorldVision community in general. When the songs were released two clear favourites, "Birds" and "Bigu", emerged, and so it was believed it would be a hard fight between them, and so many were surprised that Bigu won the final with a rather large win; 144 points and the International Juries and the Public Vote.

Some are surprised that Bigu won the national final, and especially with the international juries. This is because the Normand languages (Normpian, Normand and now Nourmain) haven't had much success in WorldVision in the past, although in the WHF two of the three Normand wins were in the Normand language. Some have seen it as a great risk to send a Normand language song, especially after just winning the contest. Maria is also the first female artist to represent Normandy and Picardy since Marié Eðjonœr in WV41, and so again some are seeing this as a risk, although Marié did deliver Normandy and Picardy's top 5 place in the contest. Some have noted that throughout this process NNN seem to have thrown caution to the wind, perhaps due to the win in the previous contest. For whatever reason, "Bigu" and Maria Taruenal will represent Normandy and Picardy at the 47th WorldVision Song Contest.

Maria is a well known face in Normandy and Picardy, having first come to fame in the 5th series of "Teol" (the Normand equivalent of the Got Talent series). She soon became a talkshow host, with the Taruenal Show becoming one of the most watched shows in the country. She has released 3 albums in the mean time, and has won 5 ANMA (Normand Academy of Music and the Arts) awards, the highest honour for a musician in the country. Before Teol, Maria grew up in the small town of Tinchebray in the south of Normandy, and the most she ever aspired to be was a supermarket assistant. She lived a fairly regular life until some friends heard her singing to herself and told her she should go on Teol. At first she thought they were joking, but she auditioned and her life has not been the same since. Maria is a huge fan of the WorldVision contest, and the Normand artist always appears on the Taruenal Show; this contest season she jokingly interviewed herself before giving a performance of Bigu. She is also to be the host of World Hit Festival, and will be part of the opening and interval act.

The song, "Bigu", is a tale of a woman who has heard rumours that her boyfriend may not be faithful, and so she becomes paranoid and comes to believe these stories. Although a simple concept, especially compared to recent Normand entries, but many say the beauty of the song is in its Normand lyrics and in the music itself, and that the simplicity may actually be a deliberate choice, to make the story easier to understand and allow people to connect more. In a similar vein, some of the verses and the final chorus have been translated into English, a choice resented by some but which many agree is a good thing. No matter what, this is the Normand entry, and NNN, Maria and the entire of Normandy and Picardy hope you enjoy it enough to give us some points.

The stage is pitch black. As the song begins a spotlight shines from the left hand of the shade, showing were Maria stands on a podium wearing a dress like this, looking down to the floor. The light fades on and off, and each time she changes her post, going between looking down, standing with her hands over her head and having her sides outstretched on each side. With each flash, backing dancers/singers move onto the stage, moving in the dark so they appear to jump forward. They are dressed in costumes like the backing dancers in this picture but black, and as the verse is sung the dancers from either side of the podium cross over, carrying black flags as well. The flashing of the lights stops just before the chorus begins, with all of the dancers facing upwards and point their flags towards her.

Un mùm d’espera e d’abandânçe (A world of hope and of plenty)
Se ver un mùmi qua ne puisi pua vesar (Is a world that can never be)
E nos amûr, nos amûr ver (And our love, our love is)
Se utopiyaz parfèrz (A perfect utopia)
E noz savom les istoris e les bruitis (And I know the stories and the rumours)
Als din qua noz ne puisîme yama durar (They say that we can never last)
E alorqua les mûris efondru ôtor ya (And as the walls fall around me)
Ye sommânça demandar tueti (I begin to question it all)

The flags are made of a material which picks up an image from projectors on either side of the stage, and the image is a sort of floral pattern which throughout the chorus becomes full of thorns. The background changes in a similar matter, and in the middle of the thorns is a crown with a glittering jewel, and faintly within that jewel is the face of a man, presumably her former lover. She has stopped moving around, instead singing straight into the camera as it pans around the stage.

Tu vera la biguz en ma sœron (You were the jewel in my crown)
Mé man, mem amûr puisi no’ sovar (But now, not even love can save us)
Prândas nos bigus, prândas nos bisus (Take your jewels, take your kisses)
E ya quittis vifar ma vili (And leave me to live my life)
Millon resvaz d’œrermenta (A million dreams of happiness)
Se rasumar da trestmentaz éternelez (Boiled down to eternal sadness)
Man ye lutta trave de fuali (Now I fight through the madness)
Tu veras ma biguz, m’adoraz[ (You were my jewel, my lover)

As the chrous ends, the jewel falls out of the crown and smashes in the background, leaving only the thorny background. Maria steps down from her podium, carrying her microphone as she walks to the stand conveniently place at the front of the stage whilst the cameras were focusing on Maria during her walk. She reached out to the camera, as if she was appealing to the viewers at home. During this, the backing dancers/singers had thrown their flags off stage and taken to their microphone stands.

Lies and deceit, the name of the game
And you’re good at playing me
I can’t see through your pokerface
So tell me if you mean it
A million thoughts fill my mind
And I can’t break through the madness
So put my heart to rest now babe
Tell me if we’ve had our day

During the chorus, a thin layer of smoke begins to cover the stage, as the backing singer march slowly towards Maria, representing her thoughts and her fear. They all get close behind her and form a semi circle, looking up at her. The cameras pan around, with Maria once again singing directly into it. In the background, jewels grow out of the thorns but then drop off and disappear. As the chorus comes to its close, the backing dances walk backwards away from her, back to their positions where they were singing.

Tu vera la biguz en ma sœron (You were the jewel in my crown)
Mé man, mem amûr puisi no’ sovar (But now, not even love can save us)
Prândas nos bigus, prândas nos bisus (Take your jewels, take your kisses)
E ya quittis vifar ma vili (And leave me to live my life)
Millon resvaz d’œrermenta (A million dreams of happiness)
Se rasumar da trestmentaz éternelez (Boiled down to eternal sadness)
Man ye lutta trave de fuali (Now I fight through the madness)
Tu veras ma biguz, m’adoraz[ (You were my jewel, my lover)

Smoke has now covered the stage, and as Maria sings this section, really putting all of her power into the microphone and this clearly showing on her face, the cameras slowly turn around her. A few white lights gently fade in and out in the background, not too bright however (just so its barely noticeable)

Oooooooooooh
Yeah....

The cameras finally turn around to show Maria standing head on as she sings the final chorus, and throughout the first half of the chorus the cameras then take to panning around her once again, following her as she walks back to her podium. During the second half she rests against the podium, with the cameras focusing directly on her - she once again sings into the camera. The lights fade as the song is about to end, and the camera feeds fades out as the song ends.

You were the jewel in my crown
But now not even love can save us
Take your jewels, take your kisses
And leave me to live my life
A million dreams of happiness
Boiled down to eternal sadness
Now I fight through all the madness
You were my jewel, my lover

Maria can be heard shouting "Marci", "Thank You", as she and her backing dancers leave the stage so preparations for the next act can win. Will the song do well? Who knows?
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:56 am

16. Adab
"Stand Up and Run (For Freedom)"
Writer: Kinan al-Salaman
Performer: Kinan al-Salaman

Al-Salaman appearing in a recent commercial for the Farmers Union of Adab

Tune: Soundgarden - Rusty Cage
Language: English

Kinan al-Salaman's 21st position at the previous WorldVision had come as somewhat of a disappointment among the most powerful figures of the Adabian music industry; for a time there were whispers on the street that even Emperor Tizqar III was looking to replace al-Salaman with another up-and-coming young musician. However, al-Salaman was still widely popular among the Adabian public. He had been making music at quite a rapid pace - releasing up to this point no less than four critically-acclaimed and commercially-successful studio albums consisting a total of 37 songs influenced by a few disparate musical genres - and his concerts kept selling out. All rumors of al-Salaman's replacement was put to rest when the emperor announced that al-Salaman would be their country's representative to WorldVision 47; he had supported al-Salaman all along and was reported to be quite the dedicated fan of his music, along with a few other members of the Imperial House of Ashurbanipal.

Al-Salaman's eagerness to experiment with his music had become clearer and clearer with each succeeding WorldVision entry and studio album. Having emerged from obscurity as a folk singer, he branched out and delved into rock, radio-friendly pop, and even electronic music. During the time between the previous WorldVision and this one, al-Salaman found himself listening to grunge and, upon being confirmed as Adab's representative to WorldVision 47, decided to create a grunge-flavored song and assembled a band for this occasion ("I found my guys in the local bar and I promised them a big payday if they would come with me," he cheerfully said to reporters), consisting of a lead guitarist, a bassist, and a drummer. Lead singer al-Salaman promptly appointed himself as rhythm guitarist.

The stage setup was very austere; al-Salaman had decided that he was uninterested in "those bright lights and crazy aesthetics", deeming them entirely unsuitable for what he viewed as an angst-filled, forthright grunge song. No more than two spotlights had been set up, both hanging above and to the back of the stage, shining plain white. Once the previous performer had left the stage, al-Salaman's men quickly set up the guitars, bass, drums, and amplifiers; those in the audience who observed them claimed that the men did not even speak a single word to each other during the process. "They just came in with those guitars and drums and wires and the amps," said one Adabian who had come to see his hero performing on this occasion. "They laid out this wire and that wire, put the instruments and a few microphones, and once they're done they got out as quickly as they got in. I did not see a single one of them utter a word during the process. Everything just seemed so... choreographed."

Everything had been in place for not so long when al-Salaman and his band came onstage to the loud cheers of the attendees, especially the Adabian entourage, which had been steadily growing in size with every succeeding WorldVision. "Thank you, thank you," said al-Salaman as he directed his band to bow down to the audience before everyone took their place.

"Admittedly I don't have much to say for now. I'd like to let the music do the talking," said al-Salaman as he came forward with his guitar and took hold of his microphone. "Anyway, the song that we're about to perform here... is a grunge song. The sound, I think, definitely hearkens back to some twenty-five years ago. I had been listening to grunge records lately and I decided that I would write a grunge song myself. So, this is it. This song is quite a furious one. It's written from the perspective of the average guy on the street who is tired of the oppression, injustice, and abuse of power and authority by the powerful men of his country. Before you start to spread the rumors, it is definitely not about Adab. It came purely from my imagination. This one is called 'Stand Up and Run (For Freedom)'."

As the audience cheered and clapped once again, al-Salaman raised his hand and signaled the band: "Wahid, ithnan, thalatha, arba'a!" ("One, two, three, four" in Arabic.) They roused their instruments to life, and the amps shook with wonderful, loud music.

You put me down to the ground
And shook me with wires of electric fury
You silenced me in sweet injustice
To watch the death of rule of law

But I'm gonna stand, yeah I'm gonna stand up
I'm gonna stand up for myself and run

Yeah I'm gonna stand, yeah I'm gonna stand up

As drums howled and guitars roared onstage, al-Salaman took the time to very briefly address the audience, "The rule of law always emerges victorious!"

Too blind to keep it down
You're stoking the fire burning down your own people
I'll take the bullets and spit in the gas with my shield of justice

But I'm gonna stand, yeah I'm gonna stand up

A man threw a bouquet of flowers onto the stage, nearly hitting al-Salaman's microphone. Al-Salaman simply smiled and nodded.

Hit like a cold hammer into my senses
Watch the votes cut down by word of power
Toiling in dirty bars taking it all

When the streets burn north to south and west to east
Like the shining necklaces of liberty
And when we come to your house for your blood
I'm gonna stand up for ourselves and run

I'm gonna stand up for ourselves and run

"Thank you, thank you!" said al-Salaman as the performance came to an end to even more cheers and he gathered his backing band for the closing bow. Without uttering another word, they then proceeded to make their way offstage.
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Morning Mountain
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Morning Mountain » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:05 pm

17.Morning Mountain (Josan)

101 (Josanic: 일공일) is a Josanic (Demonym for Morning Mountain) girl group formed through the 2016 reality show Girl Group 101, a competition to select the most competent female singers, capable of singing and performing in a girl group. The group is composed of eleven members chosen from a pool of 101 trainees from various entertainment companies. The members are as follows:

Lim Na-young (임나영, 林娜荣), born on December 18, 1995 (age 20). She is the leader of the group.
Kim Chung-ha (김청하, 金请夏), born on February 9, 1996 (age 20).
Kim Se-jeong (김세정, 金世正), born on August 28, 1996 (age 19).
Jung Chae-yeon (정채연, 郑彩妍), born on December 1, 1997 (age 18).
Zhou Jieqiong (주결경, 周洁琼), born on December 16, 1998 (age 17).
Kim So-hye (김소혜, 金素慧), born on July 19, 1999 (age 16).
Yu Yeon-jung (유연정, 俞琏静), born on August 3, 1999 (age 16).
Choi Yoo-jung (최유정, 崔有情), born on November 12, 1999 (age 16).
Kang Mi-na (강미나, 康美娜), born on December 4, 1999 (age 16).
Kim Do-yeon (김도연, 金度延), born on December 4, 1999 (age 16).
Jeon So-mi (전소미, 全昭弥, Ennik Somi Douma), born on March 9, 2001 (age 15). Having been voted first on Girl Group 101, she is the "center" of the group.

The stage is dark. The crowd is silent, expecting the start of a performance. The light is suddenly lit, as eleven girls are revealed on the stage dressed in the same outfit. Ten girls, with five on each side, kneel down and sing, while Somi, the center of the group, is standing and singing in the center.

Names in parentheses next to the lyrics indicate which girl sang which part.

(All girls) Oh my gosh,
(All girls) Oh, my heart is really crushed, (어머, 내 심장 is crushed)

Ten other girls who have kneeled begin to sing, while looking towards the audience.

(Somi) Come on, Girls,
(10 other girls) I am pa-pa-pa, nick-ing, (나는 pa-pa-pa, nick-ing)
(10 other girls) My heart is really crushed. (어머, 내 심장 is crushed)

Ten other girls stand up and dance with Somi mixed in with the girls and not in the center anymore.

(All girls) Let's go!
(Jieqiong) Why am I like this? (내가 왜 이러니?)
(Mina) What have I done now? (뭐를 한거지?)
(Chaeyeon) Don't know what to say, (뭐라고 말할까?)
(All girls) Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!

Yoojung comes to the center of the stage, while the rest of the girls are dancing in the side.

(Yoojung) Wait, just a minute,
(Doyeong) I made an ac-ci-dent, (사고가 좀 났어)
(Sohye) Am I seeing this right now? (진짜 사고인가?)
(All girls) Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!

Yoojung moves to the left side of the stage alone, while the rest of the girls sing and dance at the center and right of the stage. Then, she bends over forward and does a wave from bottom to top.
(Yoojung) I can even feel my heartbeat now, (심장이 계속 쿵쿵거리는데)
I'm all nervous and uneasy; I can't move right now. (긴장되고 좀 떨려, 움직이질 못 해)
(All girls) Body says, "Shame, shame, shame!"
(Somi) Where should I hide right now? (어디에서 숨을까?)
(All girls) All this must be a dream, (이건 다 꿈이야)
(Chungha) No, this is re-al-i-ty. (아니, 다 현실이야)

Somi moves to the center of the stage, and the camera is turned towards her, as she starts to sing alone. The song begins to intensify, increasing in suspense and thrill, while it is reaching its climax.

(Somi) Now, I can-not sleep to-night, (이제 잠 못 자겠어)
(Somi) My head starts ach-ing to-night, (머리가 어지러워)
(Somi) Nothing I can do now~~ Oh! (다른 건 못하게 돼~ Oh!)

Now, the girls form a triangle on the stage and begins to dance, while singing the climax(0:51 - 1:07).

(Sejeong) Goodbye to my flawless and my tri-um-phant life-style, (내 승승장구하는 인생이여, 안녕)
Cher-ished it a great deal, (많이 좋아했었어)
Laughed to it a great deal, (많이 웃었었어)
(Chungha) I've never ex-pect-ed this, (이럴 줄은 몰랐어)
This is all so new to me, (이건 너무나 새로워)
(All girls) Oh my gosh,
Right now, my heart is crushed, boy! (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)

Now, the girls start dancing and singing(1:08 - 1:23); the crowd begins to roar, as they are listening to a catchy phrase.

(All girls) Heart-beat, woo-oh-woo-oh,
Heart-beat, woo-oh-woo-oh,
(Mina) Now, my heart is crushed, boy! (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)
Oh, my gosh,
(Jieqiong) Now, my heart is really crushed, boy. (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy.)

Then, the lights towards the front of the stage become dim, and those towards the back of the stage are lit, showing Nayoung and Yoojung dancing and rapping with backdancers behind them, as the two move forward with pompous steps.

(Nayoung) I'm gonna miss you, right a-way, (널 보고싶어, right a-way)
My heart won't let you go, right a-way, (마음이 그리 말해, right a-way)
This isn't what I am, I'm so sure, (이건 아냐, 난 확신해.)
So an-noying, ugh, Oh, my god. (답답하다, ugh, Oh, my god.)

The beat becomes slow as 2/2 with a pop-dubstep fusion background music(1:24 - 1:37), as Yoojung and Chaeyeon begin to rap in the front of the stage.

(Yoojung) 'Cause of you, 'Cause of you,
I be-came, some-bo-dy else.
Like dri-ving a-head,
(Chaeyeon) In a red light.

Yoojung moves to the left side of the stage alone, while the rest of the girls sing and dance at the center and right of the stage. Then, she bends over forward and does a wave from bottom to top.

(Yoojung) I can even feel my heartbeat now, (심장이 계속 쿵쿵거리는데)
I'm all nervous and uneasy; I can't move right now. (긴장되고 좀 떨려, 움직이질 못 해)
(All girls) Body says, "Shame, shame, shame!"
(Doyeon) Where should I hide right now? (어디에서 숨을까?)
(All girls) All this must be a dream, (이건 다 꿈이야)
(Chungha) No, this is re-al-i-ty. (아니, 다 현실이야)

Somi moves to the center of the stage, and the camera is turned towards her, as she starts to sing alone. The song begins to intensify, increasing in suspense and thrill, while it is reaching its climax.

(Somi) Now, I can-not sleep to-night, (이제 잠 못 자겠어)
(Somi) My head starts ach-ing to-night, (머리가 어지러워)
(Somi) Nothing I can do now~~ Oh! (다른 건 못하게 돼~ Oh!)
(Chaeyeon) Let's go!

Now, the girls form a triangle on the stage and begins to dance, while singing the climax(2:01 - 2:14).

(Yeunjung) Goodbye to my flawless and my tri-um-phant life-style, (내 승승장구하는 인생이여, 안녕)
(Chungha) I've never ex-pect-ed this, (이럴 줄은 몰랐어)
(All girls) Oh my gosh,
(Jieqiong)Right now, my heart is crushed, boy! (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)

Now, the girls start dancing and singing(2:15 - 2:30); the crowd begins to roar, as they are listening to a catchy phrase.

Oh, my gosh,
(Jieqiong) Now, my heart is really crushed, boy. (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy.)

All of the girls re-arrange into a triangle, as music is being played without the girls singing. Then, all of a sudden, as the beat and tune are about to change, Chaeyeon shouts:

Make some noise!

The crowd roars out of joy and excitement, as the girls on the stage dance to the tune.(2:31 - 3:15) After the instrumental part has been played, Sejeong begins to sing the bridge.

(Sejeong) It's okay, it's okay, It will all be all right, oh! (괜찮아, 괜찮아, 괜찮을 거야, oh!)
(Yeunjung) It's okay, it's okay, I can-not be okay, oh! (괜찮아? 괜찮아? 안 괜찮은데, oh!)
(Sejeong) Stay here; it's fine right now, (여기에 머물러, 좋을거야, oh, oh!)
Everything is all right.
(Yeunjung) Let us leave, here right now, (뗘나자, 여기서, 어디든지 좋아.)
Any-where else is fine.

All girls sing as the final climax is reached.

(All girls) Oh my gosh! My heart is really crushed, boy!

Now, the girls form a triangle on the stage and begins to dance, while singing the climax(3:47 - 4:02). Pyrotechnics are shown towards the back of the stage, and smoke is emitted from the back, along with the sparks, as shown in 3:47.

(Sejeong) Goodbye to my flawless and my tri-um-phant life-style, (내 승승장구하는 인생이여, 안녕)
(All girls) I've never ex-pect-ed this, (이럴 줄은 몰랐어)
Oh my gosh,
Right now, my heart is crushed, boy! (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)

Now, the girls start dancing and singing(2:15 - 2:30); the crowd begins to roar, as they are listening to a catchy phrase.

(Somi) Blah, blah, blah,
My heart is really crushed, boy. (지금 내 심잘은 crushed, boy!)

Music continues to play, while the girls are standing. They begin to kneel, one by one, starting with Sohye, as shown in 4:18-4:48. When the music ends, crowd roars, cheering for the girls who have provided them with a thrilling song.

Antahbrantahstan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Antahbrantahstan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Hello, everybody! I am Sofia Soraya Nadjib, commentating the 47th WV in Carnise! I'll categorize the songs into adore, like, uh, bad, and despise. And sorry, y'all can't vote because our TV channel is shit right now, y'all will be represented by juries in voting.

0. Opening act: hmm, the tune's good, but seriously? We can't win WorldVision? Words are prayers, so, uh.
1. Estogium: I like it, some diversity, not as good as last edition's entry though, like.
2. Mister X: too much autotune right here, and sex references? bad.
3. Ardoki: oh, i kinda like it, but i hate nations being overproud, uh.
4. Talvezout: sounds amazing and comforting, and plus points for singing in native language, adore.
5. Dreamplanet: Isn't this that Ekozian entry from some editions ago? minus points for unoriginality, bad.
6. Kalosia: I kinda like it, something different, but it could be much better, uh.
7. Kishrael: wow, a veteran nation, song's good but needs beat, but still, like.
8. The Mercenary Islands: It's soothing, but it's also a bit boring, uh.
9. Zadiner: An acapella? despise.
10. Oisinistan:
11. Todlichebujoku: Wow, amazing, but something feels missing, i don't know what it is, like.
12. The Sarian:
13. Kwadai:
Last edited by Antahbrantahstan on Sat May 07, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farhana Nariswari Wisandana | Audrey Vanessa Susilo | Yasinta Aurellia | Lulu Zaharani Krisna Widodo | Ritassya Wellgreat Waynands

Titaniumland
Diplomat

Founded: May 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Titaniumland » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:05 pm

TITANIUMLAND
Anne Desmond – “Battle Wound”
To the tune of Agnete - "Icebreaker"

Anne Desmond is sitting on a chair at the center of the stage. She is wearing black dress, made by Richard Jaxon, a famous Titaniumlander fashion designer, whom also designed Kelly’s dress at the Worldvision 34. She is joined by three backing singers, recognized as The Lighthouse, consisted of Jake Carter, Jason Bass and Wanda Steele.

During the verse, Desmond is sitting on the chair. The lights are making her look like this at the part of marked by asterisk (*).

(*)Remedy
I ran out of bandaids, just save me
(*)Devotion
I’m an enthusiast of everything you do
(*)Rebellion
I’ll never stop breaking the law for you
(*)Therapy
I need your love to relieve the pain

She is standing and walking around the stage. Every step, she is leaving a trail on the stage similiar to this throughout the first line of the pre-chorus. Throughout the third line of the pre-chorus, the camera is going around her, similiar to this. After she finishes the That I need lyrics, the lights are suddenly dim.

Every step I take, just to follow your path
Every man I hit, just to keep you safe
Baby, there’s only one thing that I need
That I need

When she sings Just heal lyrics, the lights are suddenly lighten up like this. Suddenly, a backing dancer appears on the stage while dancing like in this video.

Just heal my battle wound
I'm in agony, and needing you to save me
Needing you to save me
Battle wound
I would do anything for you
Wonder if you would do the same though

She is back sitting on the chair. While she sings the lyric, Earthquake, suddenly the chair is pulled off like this. While she sings the lyrics, You're like hurricane, suddenly a strong wind blows on her.

Earthquake
The epicentrum was right on my heart
You’re like hurricane
I was blown away of everything you do

She is standing and walking around the stage and also on catwalk while interacting with the audience. Similiar to the first part, after she finishes the That I need lyrics, the lights are suddenly dim.

Baby, there’s only one thing that I need
That I need

When she sings Just heal lyrics, the lights are suddenly lighten up like this. While singing the chorus, she is blown by strong wind.

Just heal my battle wound
I’m in agony, and needing you to save me
Needing you to save me
Battle wound
I would do anything for you

The lights are suddenly dim. Throughout the bridge, the music are suddenly off. There is only her singing. She is projected by pattern like this. While she sings the bridge, the camera goes close up.

Take my hand and never let me go
Whenever you need me, just shout my name
Let your love be light to my darkest life

The lights are suddenly lighten up. The camera zoomed out real fast. She hits the high note throughout the lyric Battle. She is interacting with the audience and walking around the stage, while the dancer is still dancing.

Battle wound
I’m in agony and needing you to save me
Needing you to save me
Battle wound
I’m in agony and needing you to save me
Needing you to save me

After Desmond sings the song, she shouts "Thank you so so so much!" and along with the backing vocals and dancer, they take a bow.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates