NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:55 pm

District XIV wrote:
Also, the irony of a Bronze 5 player telling me they "know what they're doing" is quite funny.

Oh, you really wanna do this? You REALLY wanna do this?
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:01 pm

Something you definetly should consider is a spellthief's edge, since you don't CS you'll need the gold it gives you.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:05 pm

When I want advice, I'll ask for it. Until then, you can both quit talking to me like I'm some first week player.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Doom Legions
Minister

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doom Legions » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:07 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:When I want advice, I'll ask for it. Until then, you can both quit talking to me like I'm some first week player.

As you wish. If you change your mind, you know where to find me.
Cum is stored in the brain, and I've got a headache.
Born2shit4ced2wipe
All of my friends are dead (:

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Really?

Bad credit already? What are the most obvious signs?

It used to be AT LEAST credible (on the surface). Back in the days when they had a Mid lane God Tier list that made sense. But now its just all over the place.

Just the tier system alone. God tier? Really? Disgusting.

Nerf Plz has been around for a long time, it has plenty of credibility.

The Tier List is generally pretty accurate, even though it's not 100% accurate.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:26 pm

Doom Legions wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Well, I mean, it does theoretically allow you to do more damage at the cost of mobility

The tenacity, magic pen, cdr and of course the ms boots can provide is far too important.
A tank without Mercury's Treads will just get raped by cc and so on. Imagine a jungler without boots, they'd be too slow to actually do their job.
The speed it gives you is just too essential, it helps you move from one place to another faster, which is very important and it also helps you outrun or chase down enemies.

Merc Threads aren't that amazing. Tenacity is in Masteries, Swifties are better if they have slows and a lot of times Ninja Tabi will be better than Mercs.

Mercs are pretty overrated.

But you pretty much always need boots, Movespeed is actually a very powerful stat.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:28 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:Just the tier system alone. God tier? Really? Disgusting.

I dunno though. Twisted Fate one of the only 3 God Tier Mids in the game? It just sounds like its really suspicious. I mean, I'm fairly sure anyone who can carry with TF can carry much harder with another champion in Mid.

He's not very threatening in lane (if not straight out food for assassins and Annie). All he has is his yellow card (one ability). His 3 card throw is fairly easy to anticipate and dodge and he has no escapes. His laning is just quite bad. If you're going to TP around with your Ult mid game to try and snowball, there's nothing preventing your opponent from doing the same (he just walks around instead). It just doesn't seem like he has any huge advantage. You can secure a few kills with sudden TPs, but you lose a lot of power in the lane for it.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:But you pretty much always need boots, Movespeed is actually a very powerful stat.

Movespeed might as well be the 'Luck' stat in a game. It's useless. And if I wanna go faster, that's what her W is for.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:30 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Doom Legions wrote:The tenacity, magic pen, cdr and of course the ms boots can provide is far too important.
A tank without Mercury's Treads will just get raped by cc and so on. Imagine a jungler without boots, they'd be too slow to actually do their job.
The speed it gives you is just too essential, it helps you move from one place to another faster, which is very important and it also helps you outrun or chase down enemies.

Merc Threads aren't that amazing. Tenacity is in Masteries, Swifties are better if they have slows and a lot of times Ninja Tabi will be better than Mercs.

But you pretty much always need boots, Movespeed is actually a very powerful stat.

My favourite is Ionian Boots of Lucidity. I try to run it on all my AP characters as much as possible, CDR is just so powerful and its 200 gold cheaper than the other boots. I find that my enemies rarely build MR so I often favour Ionian over Sorcs.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:

I dunno though. Twisted Fate one of the only 3 God Tier Mids in the game? It just sounds like its really suspicious. I mean, I'm fairly sure anyone who can carry with TF can carry much harder with another champion in Mid.

He's not very threatening in lane (if not straight out food for assassins and Annie). All he has is his yellow card (one ability). His 3 card throw is fairly easy to anticipate and dodge and he has no escapes. His laning is just quite bad. If you're going to TP around with your Ult mid game to try and snowball, there's nothing preventing your opponent from doing the same (he just walks around instead). It just doesn't seem like he has any huge advantage.

The list isn't made for Bronze/Low Silver. I think it starts to hold true at high silver when people understand the game better. TFs strenght is his roaming, if he can put his sidelanes (especially his botlane) ahead without losing his lane, the game is pretty much over. Especially considering how snowbally everything is right now. Also TF really isn't that bad of a laner, he just isn't aggressive, he can more than hold his own.
His Q and his Red Card make great waveclear, his Blue Card gives him mana sustain and his Yellow is anti-gank. It makes him a safe laner with a lot of potential to snowball other lanes.
Last edited by Thomas Insaniac on Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:33 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:But you pretty much always need boots, Movespeed is actually a very powerful stat.

Movespeed might as well be the 'Luck' stat in a game. It's useless. And if I wanna go faster, that's what her W is for.

I'm just gonna have to disagree with you on that. I don't think debating this with you will result in much. Movespeed is a very important stat.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:34 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:

My favourite is Ionian Boots of Lucidity. I try to run it on all my AP characters as much as possible, CDR is just so powerful and its 200 gold cheaper than the other boots. I find that my enemies rarely build MR so I often favour Ionian over Sorcs.

Ionians is good, depends on the champ. Some champs benefit more from MPen than they do from CDR (I'm a dirty Elise player).

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Ionians is good, depends on the champ. Some champs benefit more from MPen than they do from CDR (I'm a dirty Elise player).

I'm thinking of using Ionian for Annie and then just relying on Void Staff and Abyssal for M Pen. Maybe running Ionian on Vladimir as well for more Transfusion spamming.

Though I rarely see any MR on the enemy team, for some reason people don't build it much at low elo.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:07 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

He's not very threatening in lane (if not straight out food for assassins and Annie). All he has is his yellow card (one ability). His 3 card throw is fairly easy to anticipate and dodge and he has no escapes. His laning is just quite bad. If you're going to TP around with your Ult mid game to try and snowball, there's nothing preventing your opponent from doing the same (he just walks around instead). It just doesn't seem like he has any huge advantage.

The list isn't made for Bronze/Low Silver. I think it starts to hold true at high silver when people understand the game better. TFs strenght is his roaming, if he can put his sidelanes (especially his botlane) ahead without losing his lane, the game is pretty much over. Especially considering how snowbally everything is right now. Also TF really isn't that bad of a laner, he just isn't aggressive, he can more than hold his own.
His Q and his Red Card make great waveclear, his Blue Card gives him mana sustain and his Yellow is anti-gank. It makes him a safe laner with a lot of potential to snowball other lanes.

I see...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Should I learn to play Teemo?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Should I learn to play Teemo?

No one should play Teemo.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:20 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Should I learn to play Teemo?

Tankmo goes extremely well given everyone will want to kill you.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:41 pm

Sona is the best champion in the game in my biased opinion.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Kractero wrote:Sona is the best champion in the game in my biased opinion.

How so? Soraka seems like a better support.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Kractero
Negotiator

Founded: May 08, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kractero » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Kractero wrote:Sona is the best champion in the game in my biased opinion.

How so? Soraka seems like a better support.

Sona does damage and has CC.

She has everything a support needs: Damage, Heal, Movement speed buff, Utility, great crowd control...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:49 am

The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Man, the updated splash for Regifted Amumu is depressing as fuck.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:23 pm

Kractero wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:How so? Soraka seems like a better support.

Sona does damage and has CC.

She has everything a support needs: Damage, Heal, Movement speed buff, Utility, great crowd control...

Comfort.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:03 pm

what are the odds of them making a new splash art for Classic Vladimir for the 6.9 when they release the new Vlad?

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:04 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:what are the odds of them making a new splash art for Classic Vladimir for the 6.9 when they release the new Vlad?

I'd say it's high. I hear they're removing blood from splash art. And his splash is about 90% blood.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction