NATION

PASSWORD

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:17 pm

Gerdon Laughis wrote:
Albertae wrote: This will be during the war. It will be for the element of surprise tactics, we will make it totally legit and expand Fort Shattrath as to accommodate enough catapults.

Shattrath, to put it lightly, is fucking massive. Imagine Erebor from The Lord of The Rings, and Machu Pichu had a baby

Lol, then we might not need to expand, my character does not know that and will find out when he comes for the feast with the whole army.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Gerdon Laughis wrote:
Albertae wrote: This will be during the war. It will be for the element of surprise tactics, we will make it totally legit and expand Fort Shattrath as to accommodate enough catapults.

Shattrath, to put it lightly, is fucking massive. Imagine Erebor from The Lord of The Rings, and Machu Pichu had a baby. Altough I am not against expanding it. Their is a smaller mountain close enough to bridge to, and a smaller secondary fort can be constructed there.

That will take too much time to build another fort no matter the size. Lord Miller will discuss matters with the Duke at the grand feast, prepare for a major roar in the crowds at the feast.

Gordon nice idea about the map of Lavell thing I like that you added that nice little touch. Ther than that take into account that the whole rebellion army will be coming to Shattrath for the grand feast, that is 1300 troops not including the Dukes.
Last edited by Albertae on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Albertae wrote:
Gerdon Laughis wrote:Shattrath, to put it lightly, is fucking massive. Imagine Erebor from The Lord of The Rings, and Machu Pichu had a baby

Lol, then we might not need to expand, my character does not know that and will find out when he comes for the feast with the whole army.

We certainly can house them! Mount Chalice is almost literally a Hollow Mountain.

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:40 pm

New Letter in the IC to Tyrus! News of the Assassination and what not.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Gerdon Laughis wrote:New Letter in the IC to Tyrus! News of the Assassination and what not.

Yep, in a week we will arrive at Mount Chalice. I think that Ethor and Tyrus will accompany my character. That means tommorrow we will post about getting to Mount Chalice.
My Political Compass:

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:46 pm

Albertae wrote:
Gerdon Laughis wrote:New Letter in the IC to Tyrus! News of the Assassination and what not.

Yep, in a week we will arrive at Mount Chalice. I think that Ethor and Tyrus will accompany my character. That means tommorrow we will post about getting to Mount Chalice.

Sounds good to me! This feast is becoming way more important than i thought it would originally be!

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:50 pm

Gerdon Laughis wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Sounds good to me! This feast is becoming way more important than i thought it would originally be!

How about a bunch of loyalists ambush our chars to advance the plot a little bit?
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Gerdon Laughis wrote:Sounds good to me! This feast is becoming way more important than i thought it would originally be!

How about a bunch of loyalists ambush our chars to advance the plot a little bit?

You read my mind how'd you know that was why I was going to send all three of us together lol. I was thinking that along the way we had to relieve ourselves and were attacked by assassins.
I want to wait for Tyrus but United is busy irl all the time so.. I don't know.
Later, when Turus gets on Ill make a post about us getting ambushed and that'll let United and the rest of us be able to attack the bandits by our decisions. I'm think that my character has to relieve himself because, realistically no three people would have to go at the same time. He gets ambushed a scout hears of fighting in the woods and sends for a group of soldiers to see what's amiss and there I'll be fighting the attackers, I have an interesting plot planned out for it trust me.

Unless, we arrived during this days weeks and we could for all of that action together into today when United is on, then tommorrow we could discuss plans and othe things like that with the a Duke after the feast.
Last edited by Albertae on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My Political Compass:

Argentarino
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:43 pm

Name: Count Astor Pelianos
Realm: Riverhold (Vassal of the Lord of Laesophere)
Family: No immediate family
Family Crest: Pelianos Family Crest
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Not loyal to the King, as with many of the lords, knights, and commonfolk of the Kingdom and the Realm of Laesophere, there is a perception that the King had wrongfully usurped the throne and has since acted in a tyrannical manner.
Height: 5'10"
Appearance: This, except with a side part hairstyle
Personality: Passionate, diplomatic, cautious
Biography: Lord Astor Pelianos of Riverhold recently inherited the lands of his father near the river that runs through Laesophere. When he was a boy, he was raised as a squire and learned how to fight and handle armor and arms, but he also tended to focus on skills that would have been considered below him: he learned how to read, how to write, and more importantly, how to gossip and negotiate. At the age of 16, he had played a monumental role in negotiating with a rival lord during a spat between that lord's family and the Pelianos family. The terms were exceptional for the rival lord...and so, naturally, when the rival lord refused the terms and threatened to burn Riverhold to the ground, the young Astor Pelianos slammed a dagger into his throat. It was quite the scandal at the time, but the then Lord of Laesophere did not punish Astor. Instead, he gifted the Pelianos family a quarter of the lands that the former rival had once controlled, whilst taking the rest of the land for himself...again, a work of negotiation from the young Astor. Time passed, and Astor Pelianos was anointed a knight of the realm, and he worked for his father in ensuring that their lands were the image of law and order. When that did not satisfy Astor, he decided to write a law code for the commonfolk and other persons residing in Riverhold. The reason was not out of some desire to reform the laws - after all, such a move would need approval from the Lord of Laesophere - but rather, to ensure that no one could feign ignorance of the law. For this, his father made him the chief judicial administrator of Riverhold, which was his position up until his father's death a few months ago. Now, he hopes to rule Riverhold and make it an example not just for Laesophere, but for the rest of the Kingdom.
Weapon of choice: A longsword, which is called "Justice's Fang"
Strengths: Diplomatic, charismatic, educated, able fighter
Weaknesses: He can be too cautious, not snatch an opportunity when presented to him. His ambition for Riverhold may make him a target for other vassals or even the Lord of Laesophere himself.
Notes: Riverhold can be located near the river at the foot of the mountains in Laesophere
Last edited by Argentarino on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senator Sushila Fonseca
Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:55 pm

Albertae wrote:Yass.
Guys, shouldn't the Firemen religion be a religion of It Which Bears No Name because, they only believe in the reincarnation of the defeated King Baxelheric who is the current King unless the King does not follow the Firemen religion. I replied to your last post Anglo. Amuaplye I've put out a new post regarding the grand fest in Mount Chalice.

No you're mixing up religions.

The Faith of the Many Gods is an umbrella term for a bunch of different gods under the same pantheon (read the OP), Firemen and The Four Almighty are branches of that religion, like how Protestantism and Catholicism are two different branches of Christianity. The Kingdom of Heaven is the religion that believes in the reincarnated King.

It Which Bears No Name is very different, they believe in a cruel, evil God and do not worship him. Instead they try to stave off his return by doing good deeds or sacrifices of animals (depending on the branch).

I can't post tonight. Tomorrow and the weekend.
Last edited by Cresadine on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:02 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:Yass.
Guys, shouldn't the Firemen religion be a religion of It Which Bears No Name because, they only believe in the reincarnation of the defeated King Baxelheric who is the current King unless the King does not follow the Firemen religion. I replied to your last post Anglo. Amuaplye I've put out a new post regarding the grand fest in Mount Chalice.

No you're mixing up religions.

The Faith of the Many Gods is an umbrella term for a bunch of different gods under the same pantheon (read the OP), Firemen and The Four Almighty are branches of that religion, like how Protestantism and Catholicism are two different branches of Christianity. The Kingdom of Heaven is the religion that believes in the reincarnated King.

It Which Bears No Name is very different, they believe in a cruel, evil God and do not worship him. Instead they try to stave off his return by doing good deeds or sacrifices of animals (depending on the branch).

I can't post tonight. Tomorrow and the weekend.

Oh, ok.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:04 pm

Argentarino wrote:Name: Lord Astor Pelianos
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Not loyal to the King, as with many of the lords, knights, and commonfolk of the Kingdom and the Realm of Laesophere, there is a perception that the King had wrongfully usurped the throne and has since acted in a tyrannical manner.
Biography: Lord Astor Pelianos of Riverhold recently inherited the lands of his father near the river that runs through Laesophere. When he was a boy, he was raised as a squire and learned how to fight and handle armor and arms, but he also tended to focus on skills that would have been considered below him: he learned how to read, how to write, and more importantly, how to gossip and negotiate. At the age of 16, he had played a monumental role in negotiating with a rival lord during a spat between that lord's family and the Pelianos family. The terms were exceptional for the rival lord...and so, naturally, when the rival lord refused the terms and threatened to burn Riverhold to the ground, the young Astor Pelianos slammed a dagger into his throat. It was quite the scandal at the time, but the then Lord of Laesophere did not punish Astor. Instead, he gifted the Pelianos family a quarter of the lands that the former rival had once controlled, whilst taking the rest of the land for himself...again, a work of negotiation from the young Astor. Time passed, and Astor Pelianos was anointed a knight of the realm, and he worked for his father in ensuring that their lands were the image of law and order. When that did not satisfy Astor, he decided to write a law code for the commonfolk and other persons residing in Riverhold. The reason was not out of some desire to reform the laws - after all, such a move would need approval from the Lord of Laesophere - but rather, to ensure that no one could feign ignorance of the law. For this, his father made him the chief judicial administrator of Riverhold, which was his position up until his father's death a few months ago. Now, he hopes to rule Riverhold and make it an example not just for Laesophere, but for the rest of the Kingdom.
Weaknesses: He can be too cautious, not snatch an opportunity when presented to him. His ambition for Riverhold may make him a target for other vassals or even the Lord of Laesophere himself.
Notes: Riverhold can be located near the river at the foot of the mountains in Laesophere

Accepted, get adjusted and your likely invited to the grand feast The Duke of Shattrath is holding. Tyrus is your Lord of the Realm and you will soon join the rebellion... Yasssss
My Political Compass:

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Albertae wrote:
Argentarino wrote:Name: Lord Astor Pelianos

Accepted, get adjusted and your likely invited to the grand feast The Duke of Shattrath is holding. Tyrus is your Lord of the Realm and you will soon join the rebellion... Yasssss
Yea at this point anyone who is anyone in the Rebellion is invited and showing up

Naturaiko
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Naturaiko » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:04 pm

This is really exciting! A grand feast, a rebellion, POLITICAL INTRIGUE!!!!!!

...I am happy. =)

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:05 pm

Naturaiko wrote:This is really exciting! A grand feast, a rebellion, POLITICAL INTRIGUE!!!!!!

...I am happy. =)

Ditto

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:25 pm

Naturaiko wrote:This is really exciting! A grand feast, a rebellion, POLITICAL INTRIGUE!!!!!!

...I am happy. =)

I know that feel.

Also, on a different note, if we were to go to war, wouldn't the lords call on their vassals/bannermen, (not sure which we would refer to them by,) to gain more trained soldiers for their armys? I feel like that would be a bit more realistic than just using the soldiers at their respective castles.

I ask because, Tyrus learning about the attempt of the Dukes life would prompt him to call upon all the dukes and vassals in his territory, who would be his bannermen.
Last edited by United Human Planets on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:40 pm

United Human Planets wrote:

...I am happy. =)

I know that feel.

Also, on a different note, if we were to go to war, wouldn't the lords call on their vassals/bannermen, (not sure which we would refer to them by,) to gain more trained soldiers for their armys? I feel like that would be a bit more realistic than just using the soldiers at their respective castles.

I ask because, Tyrus learning about the attempt of the Dukes life would prompt him to call upon all the dukes and vassals in his territory, who would be his bannermen.

I guess, but the soldiers that we have currently are our castle troops not vassals. So, you now have two vassals United, that's another like 200 from each of them. And my vassal well, he isn't really military oriented. So, yeah. And Ethor doesn't have any vassals. So, realistically when war comes you are the only person who will really call on banner men. I'm just going to this grand feasts and hosting them so that I can build up morale and a sense of confidence among the troops.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Albertae wrote:
I know that feel.

I guess, but the soldiers that we have currently are our castle troops not vassals. So, you now have two vassals United, that's another like 200 from each of them. And my vassal well, he isn't really military oriented. So, yeah. And Ethor doesn't have any vassals. So, realistically when war comes you are the only person who will really call on banner men. I'm just going to this grand feasts and hosting them so that I can build up morale and a sense of confidence among the troops.

Alright, I ask because Im writing a letter to Tyrus's wife, informing her to call on the banner men, to try and prepare for war. It seems that the assassination attempt would probably be a catalyst for war.

Naturaiko
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Naturaiko » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Name: Tiana
Realm of residence: Goes wherever Lady Clara goes
Height: 5'9"
Appearance: Image
Personality: Tiana is quiet, even for a handmaiden, preferring to be seen rather than heard. The few times she does speak, it is rather direct and blunt, though she is loyal to her lady. Her eyes have also been noted to be rather peculiar, as if she is assessing everything around her, especially the people.
Biography: Originally one of Sveter's ladies, she was assigned to Clara upon his visit to Tikkemund. In that short time, she managed to form a true, if somewhat odd, relationship with her lady. Very little of her life before Sveter is unknown to Clara
Weapon of choice: Retractable bladed gloves
Strengths: Her natural ability to blend in with her surroundings has given her the moniker of Tiana the Shadow, flitting in and out of places unseen and unheard
Weaknesses: In the rare times she is seen by people, an uneasy feeling settles in them, making even pleasant conversation something of a challenge
Notes:

Name: Serena
Height: 5'5"
Personality: Vivacious, salacious, and rather energetic. Serena has a tendency to speak a lot, especially when she is excited.
Biography: Much like Tiana, Serena also accompanied Sveter to Tikkemund, and willingly volunteered to be Clara's handmaiden because "she's so pretty!" Serena says that she grew up in a small town called Seedflick, though Clara can't remember such a place ever existing.
Weapon of choice: Shortswords and daggers that she cleverly conceals
Strengths: Serena is much more likely to come across as friendly than Tiana, though how she came to be skilled with swords and daggers is not a conversation topic she wishes to address
Weaknesses: Overly energetic and with an active mind, most people like Serena in very small spans of time; anything past that is exhausting
Notes:

Name: Devlan
Realm of residence: Goes where Clara goes
Height: 6'2"
Personality: A bold and daring swordfighter who lives for thrills. He loves a good challenge, especially if it tests his might.
Biography: All that is known about Devlan is that he came from the East and has a wild fascination with fire. His style of fighting alludes to proper training, though his caste remains uncertain
Weapon of choice: A longsword for close combat, a chain whip for ranged encounters
Strengths: Able to participate in battles alongside skirmishes that Serena is more accustomed to.
Weaknesses: Cocky and a daredevil who has no fear of death. The age old saying of bravery and stupidity fits him perfectly.
Notes:

I figured that I should get these three their own bios, considering how much they will remain by Clara's side and follow her orders.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:28 am

Naturaiko wrote:
Name: Tiana
Height: 5'9"
Appearance: ([url=http://s30.postimg.org/6h8img671/Female_310.jpg]Image)[/url]
Personality: Tiana is quiet, even for a handmaiden, preferring to be seen rather than heard. The few times she does speak, it is rather direct and blunt, though she is loyal to her lady. Her eyes have also been noted to be rather peculiar, as if she is assessing everything around her, especially the people.
Biography: Originally one of Sveter's ladies, she was assigned to Clara upon his visit to Tikkemund. In that short time, she managed to form a true, if somewhat odd, relationship with her lady. Very little of her life before Sveter is unknown to Clara
Weapon of choice: Retractable bladed gloves
Strengths: Her natural ability to blend in with her surroundings has given her the moniker of Tiana the Shadow, flitting in and out of places unseen and unheard
Weaknesses: In the rare times she is seen by people, an uneasy feeling settles in them, making even pleasant conversation something of a challenge
Notes:

Name: Serena
Height: 5'5"
Appearance: ([url=http://s21.postimg.org/9ei9y08mr/Female_455.jpg]Image)[/url]
Personality: Vivacious, salacious, and rather energetic. Serena has a tendency to speak a lot, especially when she is excited.
Biography: Much like Tiana, Serena also accompanied Sveter to Tikkemund, and willingly volunteered to be Clara's handmaiden because "she's so pretty!" Serena says that she grew up in a small town called Seedflick, though Clara can't remember such a place ever existing.
Weapon of choice: Shortswords and daggers that she cleverly conceals
Strengths: Serena is much more likely to come across as friendly than Tiana, though how she came to be skilled with swords and daggers is not a conversation topic she wishes to address
Weaknesses: Overly energetic and with an active mind, most people like Serena in very small spans of time; anything past that is exhausting
Notes:

Name: Devlan
Realm of residence: Goes where Clara goes
Height: 6'2"
Appearance: ([url=http://s27.postimg.org/avgyavekf/Male_235.jpg]Image)[/url]
Personality: A bold and daring swordfighter who lives for thrills. He loves a good challenge, especially if it tests his might.
Biography: All that is known about Devlan is that he came from the East and has a wild fascination with fire. His style of fighting alludes to proper training, though his caste remains uncertain
Weapon of choice: A longsword for close combat, a chain whip for ranged encounters
Strengths: Able to participate in battles alongside skirmishes that Serena is more accustomed to.
Weaknesses: Cocky and a daredevil who has no fear of death. The age old saying of bravery and stupidity fits him perfectly.
Notes:

I figured that I should get these three their own bios, considering how much they will remain by Clara's side and follow her orders.

Accepted.
Last edited by Albertae on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:39 am

This is related to nothing, but I found this and thought that yall would appreciate it.

I present to you, a theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSkb0kDacjs

Naturaiko
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Naturaiko » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:47 am

Albertae wrote:I guess I can accept them but the pictures are way too scandalous.

How so? What can I do to correct that?

Zoblus
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zoblus » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Question:

Does magic exist or not?
"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolutions."
- Khalil Gibran

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:46 pm

Zoblus wrote:Question:

Does magic exist or not?

I dont think so, and if it does, its probably similar to magic in GoT, rather than Elder Scrolls.

It hasnt been used yet, at the very least.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Zoblus wrote:Question:

Does magic exist or not?

I dont think so, and if it does, its probably similar to magic in GoT, rather than Elder Scrolls.

It hasnt been used yet, at the very least.

Lol or its like the peasants see anything they don't understand as magic lol

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse