NATION

PASSWORD

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:52 pm

The Kingdom of Lavell

Map | IC
It Which Bears No Name
The following two faiths are both descended from the same original concept, and both have a common deity and holy book, the Record of Heavens. However they differ in interpretation. They are both seen as two distinct sister-religions.

• The Faith of None - This religion is worshiped among the educated middle class and some of the nobility. They believe in a distant, cruel and apathetic creator god/goddess, who they call the It Which Bears No Name, who created the imperfect world we live in. They believe all men are descendants from a glorious heaven-based society who were cast from heaven in the wrath of the It Which Bears No Name. They seek to improve the imperfect world they live in by doing good deeds. This religion has been favoured by few Kings in Lavell, though those who do often have a prosperous and peaceful reign.

• The Faith of Ghosts - This religion believes in the presence of evil spirits everywhere, so they regularly conduct occult ceremonies to appease them. The believe in the It Which Bears No Name, much like the Faith of None, however they believe that their god still has a grasp on the world. Very popular in the Endless Forest, which the superstitious local population believe is inhabited by a manner of dark creatures.

The Faith of the Many Gods
The following religions are all polytheistic in nature and seen as branches of the Faith of the Many Gods. Each branch accepts the validity of another branches gods with a few exceptions.

• The Four Almighty - The four Gods Apirius, Pelian (formerly Aspirius, renamed to avoid confusion with Apirius), Xenon, and Jorius. Worshiped among the farmers. This religion has very little representation with the Crown, however its Gods are often invoked when the King is in Igolthra. The followers of this religion do not generally like King Elyas, as his father who he overthrew was a follower of the Four.

The Four Almighty were once mortals like you and I, a long time ago when Lavell was young. During this time the Wisest of all deities, the God of Wisdom and Serenity, still lived. This God soon outlived himself and his power was split between four men.

The first of these men was Apirius. He used to be a mighty soldier who fought his way into the high ranks of the first Lavellian army. He soon came to be a very powerful general who fought many wars. He started wars to end peace, and he finished wars to create peace. He was a man of many honors and it would later on give him powers beyond any mortal.

The second of these men was Pelian was a famous Doctor across the lands. All came to see him. He too in the afterlife received godly powers for his prowess in that field.

The third of these men was Xenon, a sly but smart man in many deals. He was a renowned trader across Lavell. He soon was given many powers.

And lastly was Jorius, a man who had fourteen children and a beautiful wife on a vast farm. His family had been so prosperous and fertile but, nonetheless he was always a humble man. And so the God of Wisdom chose him last.

All of these gods were chosen in an order to bring a more serene land together. With war there will be peace, but with all wars they must have coin and food to fuel the soldiers. The God Pelian comes in to heal the sickly, if they do not make it they move on to Xenon he will produce a miracle for you as long as you give him a good deal or you yourself accept his. And if they do not survive Jorius will give fertility to the next women to want to have a baby to replace the people who have died.

• Kingdom of Heaven - This religion believes that whoever holds the Crown has been blessed by Heaven and see them as a reincarnation of their defeated Warrior-King-God, Baelynn. Therefore they worship the King as a God, and believe that one day he will be strong enough to lead an Army of the Pious to take control of Heaven and bring his faithful with him. This religion is often favoured by Kings who are seen as illegitimate and wish to strengthen their reign. Baelynn is considered a minor god in the Triad and the Triad are considered a minor God in the Kingdom of Heaven.

• The Religion of Oberion - Oberion was a prosperous merchant who was later deified hundreds of years after his death. He is the god of Fortune, Money and Deals according to his followers, who do not accept the legitimacy of the God Xenon. He is often worshiped in conjunction with Tylos the Goddes of the Sea, as such the two once distinct religions are slowly merging and the two once distinct gods are becoming more like a married couple.

• The Religion of Tylos - Tylos is an ancient Goddess of the Sea. She is often worshiped in conjunction with Oberion. She and Oberion are seen as husband and wife often. They are primarily worshiped among the merchant and fishermen along the coast.

• Firemen - Worship Baxelheric, the God of Fire. They are known to be fanatical. The Army of God, their militia organization often goes on rampages and burns entire villages of non-believers to the ground. They are known for performing human sacrifices. The Firemen mostly live in communities of their own, because heretics are often burned as sacrifices. They have found the ear of a few Kings and the results are almost always disastrous.

Yokanity
A Religion that worships Yokan the Time God. They place importance on using the Time that has been given to you, and those who complete the ultimate sacrifices and contribute greatly will be reincarnated, their past life being recorded in the Annals of History, and retaining all the memories of their past lives. They believe that from the time you are born you have a clock. By devotion and good deeds the clock slows, and by committing crimes and atrocities the clock speeds up. When it reaches the end, you die a natural death. You are still able to die before then by outside influence, but Yokan takes pity and Reincarnates the soul of the deceased for it passed before it lived a whole life. His Servants Hitso and Cossak are the caretakers of the Grand Historical Archive, and the Clock of the Universe, with Hitso managing the former and Cossak the latter respectively

This is a fantasy role play kingdom, where the players control lords and ladies across the Kingdom.

It is 3 years into the reign of King Elyas the Wild, A young ruler who took control of the Kingdom after killing his father and two brothers, and the citizens of the kingdom grow tired of Elyas' oppressive reign. The kingdom is seperated into 5 separate realms, Each controlled by a Lord of the Realm.

Each realm is a diverse region, full of valleys, hills, forests, and mountains. Tikkemund, known as The Sinking Realms, is a land of marshes, with small towns spread across the region, with the Lord of Tikkemund abiding in the Fortress of Swampcrest. Iglothra, known as The Jade Country, is a land of green fields and rushing streams, full of happy farmers, and grows most of the food for the Kingdom, with the Lord of Iglothra abiding in the Fortress of Honeybarrow. Laesophere, known as The Twin Reach, due to the pair of mountains at it's center, is a hilly realm that produces much of the metals in the kingdom, with the Lord of Laesophere abiding in the Fortress of Shimmergarde. Tashivion, known as The Endless Forest, is a region covered in trees, with towns few and far between, but large, with the Lord of Tashivion abiding in the Fortress of Timberwell. Obbunium, known as The Noble Expanse, is the most populated region, and at it's center is Kingshill, the Capital of the Kingdom and the home of King Elyas, While the Lord of Obbunium resides in the Fortress of Tradebarrow.

Unbeknownst to the King, however, many citizens, both Nobles and villagers, plan on overthrowing Elyas and restoring the Kingdom to it's former glory. You have the chance to become a Lord, a Knight, a bandit, a lowly villager, a soldier, or anyone you want, and attempt to overthrow the King. Beware though, there are some who choose to be loyal to the King, and would betray you in a heartbeat. So raise your armies and march to war!

1. Listen to OP.
2. No god modding.
3. No meta gaming.
4. No flaming.
5. You can create a maximum of five main characters.However the amount of secondary characters and forces you control has no limit.
6. Use proper English, as best as possible
7. Let's Have Fun!!!

(The Lord of the Realms will be given on a first come, first serve basis. If you aren't a Lord of the Realm, you will be one of his vassals.)
Name:
Realm:
Family: (Put your character's immediate family here, such as their wife and children)
Family Crest: (describe or put image)
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?:
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography: (A short history of your character)
Weapon of choice:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Notes:

Name:
Realm of residence:
Height:
Appearance:
Personality:
Biography: (A short history of your character)
Weapon of choice:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Notes:

• King Elyas the Wild

If you have any questions, ask me or one of my Co-ops: Albertae and Gerdon Laughis.
Last edited by Dijen (Ancient) on Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:46 am, edited 29 times in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Could we be a former retainer or the like for the old King or one of the brothers?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:55 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Could we be a former retainer or the like for the old King or one of the brothers?

Sure! That would be interesting, and I hadn't thought of it.

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Can we have a peerage system, because maybe I can be the KIng's uncle, and closest advisor, if you can TG me the name of a major city, maybe I can have a Duke of X or a Earl of Y.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Traxedin
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Traxedin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:00 pm

Just gonna leave a tag. I'm very interested and will be back later.

Also, does the Kingdom have any tributary states in its possession?
Last edited by Traxedin on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Amuaplye wrote:Can we have a peerage system, because maybe I can be the KIng's uncle, and closest advisor, if you can TG me the name of a major city, maybe I can have a Duke of X or a Earl of Y.

You can create a major city, just choose the region you want it to be in and add that at the bottom of the application.

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:05 pm

What's the format for the name of a Lord of the Realm>
Last edited by Amuaplye on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a dude.

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:28 pm

Name: Lord of the Realm Æþor Bergussøn
Realm: Obbinium
Family: He is a widower, and has 3 sons, named Ælþred, Þeodor, and Edgor. He also has one daughter, named Valkiria. His sons have sons too, Ælþred has 3, Haþgrímur, Hlíðberg, and Gunnóli. He also had a brother, named Ingmar, who was killed during a assassination attempt on Æþor. (Ingmar did it.)
Family Crest: Image
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: No, because he's a tyrant in his opinion.
Height: 6'7"
Appearance: Image
Personality: Very ruthless. (Basically has the personality of Iago from Othello.)
Biography: He was born in a nearby kingdom, but, due to war, he had to leave when he was 6. As he got older, he went back, and went into the military, and fought in a Wars of the Roses-esque war. He used his military skills as he turned into a assassin to the King's father, and still works as one. The King was impressed with his fighting skills, and made him a Lord of the Realm
Weapon of choice: Sword.
Strengths: Power, especially military.
Weaknesses: Attempted assassinations. He has been the victim of assassination attempts multiple times, mostly with the assassin dead before they can carry out the plot.
Notes: He lives in a town named Þadion. (That's not a P.)
Last edited by Amuaplye on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm a dude.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Amuaplye wrote:Name: Lord of the Realm Æþor Bergussøn
Realm: Kingshill
Family: He is a widower, and has 3 sons, named Ælþred, Þeodor, and Edgor. They have sons too, Ælþred has 3, Haþgrímur, Hlíðberg, and Gunnóli. He also has a brother, named Ingmar.
Family Crest: (Image)
Appearance: (Image)
Personality: Very ruthless. (Basically has the personality of Iago from Othello.)
Biography: He was born in a nearby kingdom, but, due to war, he had to leave when he was 6. As he got older, he went back, and went into the military, and faught in a Wars of the Roses-esque war. He used his military skills as he turned into a assassin to the King's father, and still works as one. The King was impressed with his fighting skills, and made him a Lord of the Realm
Weaknesses: Attempted assassinations. He has been the victim of assassination attempts multiple times, mostly with the assassin dead before they can carry out the plot.

That is good, but you have the Capital of the Kingdom as your realm. You are probably looking for your realm to be Obbunium, because that is the realm that the Capital is in.

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:00 pm

Dijen wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:Name: Lord of the Realm Æþor Bergussøn
Realm: Kingshill
Family: He is a widower, and has 3 sons, named Ælþred, Þeodor, and Edgor. They have sons too, Ælþred has 3, Haþgrímur, Hlíðberg, and Gunnóli. He also has a brother, named Ingmar.
Appearance: (Image)
Biography: He was born in a nearby kingdom, but, due to war, he had to leave when he was 6. As he got older, he went back, and went into the military, and faught in a Wars of the Roses-esque war. He used his military skills as he turned into a assassin to the King's father, and still works as one. The King was impressed with his fighting skills, and made him a Lord of the Realm

That is good, but you have the Capital of the Kingdom as your realm. You are probably looking for your realm to be Obbunium, because that is the realm that the Capital is in.

I edited it.
I'm a dude.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Would it be fine if i put up an unfinished app, I would add more to it, once more people show up. I ask as my character will be a noble (technically) but will at best be a Vassal against the King, and we dont really have a lot of people for me to make judgment for what realm he will be vassal to.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:41 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Would it be fine if i put up an unfinished app, I would add more to it, once more people show up. I ask as my character will be a noble (technically) but will at best be a Vassal against the King, and we dont really have a lot of people for me to make judgment for what realm he will be vassal to.

Sure. I don't know when we will get enough people.

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:42 pm

Am I accepted?
I'm a dude.

Amuaplye
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Would it be fine if i put up an unfinished app, I would add more to it, once more people show up. I ask as my character will be a noble (technically) but will at best be a Vassal against the King, and we dont really have a lot of people for me to make judgment for what realm he will be vassal to.

You could be a son of my char.
I'm a dude.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Amuaplye wrote:Am I accepted?

Yes.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:53 pm

Hey Dijen

Name: Saxon Clique
Occupation: Captain of the Guard and member of the Division (anti-king)
Realm of residence: The Noble Expanse
Height: "5'11"
Appearance:
Personality: Saxon is very loyal to his friends and allies. He tends to view the king as an evil man due to him murdering his father and brothers. But he he very secretive about his discontent with the king.
Biography: Saxon's family has ways served the crown in some way or shape. His great grandfather was a general in the army. His father was a Commander in the army, his family has always had someone in the King's army at any given time. At the age of 14, he started to train to go into the army. Over the next few years, he trained and was granted a spot in the royal guard at the age of 20. After the former Kings death, Saxon was brought up as the Captain. Shortly after gaining this position he secretly gathered supporters of the former King in the hopes of removing the king. This group is called the Division and several posters are scattered about the city daily encouraging the people to rise up.
Weapon of choice: two handed mace
Strengths: athletic, cunning, manipulative
Weaknesses: can be too trusting at times, while he is strong, he isn't that strong.
Notes:

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Name: Frederick Miller, Lord of the Iglothra realm
Lord of the Realm: Iglothra
Family: He has a wife and one child. His wife is Alorra Miller.(29 years old) His son is Frederickson Miller.(11 years old.)
Family Crest:

Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: No. That is because as a child Frederick's father was drafted into the army and the King himself saw potential in the 20 year old Frederick. Frederick spent 7 years under the King and after he was killed he was anointed and is now adjusted to his realm after 3 years. And Frederick being from poor origins would never have gotten the chance to become a knight otherwise. Then when the King slaughtered the King his father who'd taken Frederick under his wing it devastated him and caused him great hatred for King Elyas.
Height: 5' 11"
Appearance: A scarred man from battle and war alike(battle and war are two different but, different things.)and rough hands from the manual labor of fighting. He has dark brown hair, brown eyes an average man nothing special. He's not a gluttonous pig, rather he keeps himself in shape as it is his job to kill people and that's a life of death factor.
Personality: He is a very loyal but, cautious person.
Biography: Frederick grew up being a poor farmer's boy of 11. His family was poor because, they served a house who was heavily indebted and as in every war no matter if it is a political, economic, or bloody war it is the peasantry who suffer. Because of this Frederick grew to hate the Hyville House. As the oldest he got use to receiving the responsibility of life and is a tough but, resposible man. All throughout his childhood enduring hard manual labor on his father's farm, which turned into the perfect candidate to become a knight. When Frederick was a child his father was drafted into the army and at the time he was at the perfect age of 20 and the King himself saw potential in the child and took him under his wing as a squire. After several years, Frederick proved himself a battle-worthy and powerful mind as the King gave him a better education when he was fully under the King's wing, because of the opportunity Frederick has had undying loyalty to his King and will stop at nothing to serve him. As one of the late king's most trusted knights he trusted him with secrets and the King knew a plot was coming and he knew who but couldn't stop them or a massive civil war would occur.
Weapon of choice: Greatsword, Lance and Shield This is normal for a knight.
Strengths: He is a powerful man shaped from manual labor his whole life. He started off as a stupid poor farm boy and later due to the King received a better education and comes out of most battle's not making it a bloodbath for his regiment.
Weaknesses: His loyalty to his King and his family will cause him to make some decisions in battle that aren't the smartest can cause him severe damage to his army and possibly family and now that the King is dead and his usurper is in power he will make rash decisions just to avenge the dead King.
Notes: If you didn't realize why I chose Iglothra that is because, he grew up as a poor farm boy. His capital city is the Fortress of Honeybarrow. Frederick would kill the Usurper in a heartbeat if he had the chance.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Bhikkustan
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Bhikkustan » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:10 pm

Tagh
Sunni Muslim ۞ Shafi'i Fiqh ۞ Ashari Aqidah ۞ Wasatiyyah
illegible nutrition enthousiast - nomadism or barbarism
Crimea is Russia Ukraine Tatar
~ Free East Turkistan and Palestine ~

Traxedin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Traxedin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:36 pm

This is a very important question from a political, military, and administrative standpoint. How are the lands partitioned under the overarching "Realms"? The most "traditional" Medieval system would have the Lord of the Realms under the Monarchs, then under the Lords would be Counts, Earls, Duchies, etc, etc. Surrounding/or within the Realms would be Marches' lead by a Margrave.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:36 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:Hey Dijen

Name: Saxon Clique
Occupation: Captain of the Guard and member of the Division (anti-king)
Realm of residence: The Noble Expanse
Height: "5'11"
Appearance:
Personality: Saxon is very loyal to his friends and allies. He tends to view the king as an evil man due to him murdering his father and brothers. But he he very secretive about his discontent with the king.
Biography: Saxon's family has ways served the crown in some way or shape. His great grandfather was a general in the army. His father was a Commander in the army, his family has always had someone in the King's army at any given time. At the age of 14, he started to train to go into the army. Over the next few years, he trained and was granted a spot in the royal guard at the age of 20. After the former Kings death, Saxon was brought up as the Captain. Shortly after gaining this position he secretly gathered supporters of the former King in the hopes of removing the king. This group is called the Division and several posters are scattered about the city daily encouraging the people to rise up.
Weapon of choice: two handed mace
Strengths: athletic, cunning, manipulative
Weaknesses: can be too trusting at times, while he is strong, he isn't that strong.
Notes:

Accepted.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Albertae wrote:Name: Frederick Miller
Lord of the Realm: Iglothra
Family: He has a wife and one child. His wife is Alorra Miller. His son is Frederickson Miller.
Biography: (A short history of your
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: No. That is because as a child Frederick's father was drafted into the army and the King himself saw potential in the young 13 year old Frederick. And Frederick being from poor origins would never have gotten the chance to become a knight otherwise. Then when the King slaughtered the King his father who'd taken Frederick under his wing it devastated him and caused him grata hatred for King Elyas.
Height: 5' 11"
Appearance: A scarred man from battle and war alike(battle and war are two different but, different things.)and rough hands from the manual labor of fighting. He has dark brown hair, brown eyes an average man nothing special. He's not a gluttonous pig, rather he keeps himself in shape as it is his job to kill people and that's a life of death factor.
Personality: He is a very loyal but, cautious person.
Biography: Frederick grew up being a poor farmer's boy of 11. As the oldest he got use to receiving the responsibility of life and is a tough but, resposible man. All throughout his childhood enduring hard manual labor on his father's farm, which turned into the perfect candidate to become a knight. When Frederick was a child his father was drafted into the army and at the time he was at the young yet perfect age of 13 and the King himself saw potential in the child and took him under his wing as a squire. After several years, Frederick proved himself a battle-worthy and powerful mind as the King gave him a better education when he was fully under the King's wing, because of the opportunity Frederick has had undying loyalty to his King and will stop at nothing to serve him.
Weapon of choice: Greatsword, Lance and Shield This is normal for a knight.
Strengths: He is a powerful man shaped from manual labor his whole life. He started off as a stupid poor farm boy and later due to the King received a better education and comes out of most battle's not making it a bloodbath for his regiment.
Weaknesses: His loyalty to his King and his family will cause him to make some decisions in battle that aren't the smartest can cause him severe damage to his army and possibly family and now that the King is dead and his usurper is in power he will make rash decisions just to avenge the dead King.
Notes: If you didn't realize why I chose Iglothra that is because, he grew up as a poor farm boy. His capital city is the Fortress of Honeybarrow. Frederick would kill the Usurper in a heartbeat if he had the chance.

Accepted.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:38 pm

Traxedin wrote:This is a very important question from a political, military, and administrative standpoint. How are the lands partitioned under the overarching "Realms"? The most "traditional" Medieval system would have the Lord of the Realms under the Monarchs, then under the Lords would be Counts, Earls, Duchies, etc, etc. Surrounding/or within the Realms would be Marches' lead by a Margrave.

The King is on top, with the Lord of the Realms below him, then there are Counts, Earls, and Duchies, we shouldn't need to go any lower.

Traxedin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Traxedin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 pm

Dijen wrote:
Traxedin wrote:This is a very important question from a political, military, and administrative standpoint. How are the lands partitioned under the overarching "Realms"? The most "traditional" Medieval system would have the Lord of the Realms under the Monarchs, then under the Lords would be Counts, Earls, Duchies, etc, etc. Surrounding/or within the Realms would be Marches' lead by a Margrave.

The King is on top, with the Lord of the Realms below him, then there are Counts, Earls, and Duchies, we shouldn't need to go any lower.

Alright cool, different question. Does Lavell have Marches? Border provinces where the Marquess/Marchioness has almost free reign over them because they could say "it's in the name of defending the kingdom?" They were sometimes recognized to be higher on the power ladder than Counts. Not all kingdoms had expendable provinces in case of invasion though.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:51 pm

Traxedin wrote:
Dijen wrote:The King is on top, with the Lord of the Realms below him, then there are Counts, Earls, and Duchies, we shouldn't need to go any lower.

Alright cool, different question. Does Lavell have Marches? Border provinces where the Marquess/Marchioness has almost free reign over them because they could say "it's in the name of defending the kingdom?" They were sometimes recognized to be higher on the power ladder than Counts. Not all kingdoms had expendable provinces in case of invasion though.

No, the Kingdom is located on an large island, so it does not border any other kingdoms. Also, I will be adding a map soon.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Name: Geoffrey, Baron Hyville, Lord Steward of Kingshill, Keeper of Records and Laws, Arch-Treasurer (Ceremonial, Consultant)
Realm: He inhabits Kingshill, though originally he is from Igolthra.
Family: Hyville - he has a wife and no children. He has one brother, with six children however.
Family Crest: Arms of Geoffrey, Baron Hyville, Lord Steward to His Majesty

Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: He is loyal to whomever is King, or whoever has the greatest chance of being King - as a bureaucrat and a minor noble he has done much to get to where he stands, and he does not squander it. He maintains his loyalty for as long as it is practical, even though he may have secret leanings. To be sure he is not seen as a side-switcher, he will often play to both sides. He did that with Elyas, he maintained secret communications with Elyas throughout his rebellion, and when the time came he helped arrange a plot for the King to be murdered and gave the order for the gates of Kingshill to be opened.

Height: 5'8
Appearance: This

Personality: Geoffrey is an intelligent, witty, and mildspoken man. He carries out his tasks dutifully and with great respect for detail and organization. He is a learned men, having studied under some of the greatest scholars throughout the world and becoming a great one in his own respect. He is calculative, practical, shrewd and good with money. He is a calm person, and dos not take to quickly to anger. He is not by nature self-serving, and sees that the people of the realm need a good government. When he does talk he is very persuasive, and has away with people so that he gets them to support his cause. He has very little time for religion or piety, believing it gets in the way of rationality and good governance, though he is not very open about this fact. He is married, though his wife sought the company of other women while he sought the company of other men, though this is very hidden and only vague rumours exist.

Biography: Born into the heavily indebted Hyville Family, who were unable to house him as a direct result. So they sent him away as an apprentice to a great scholar, who introduced him to the world of knowledge. From their he had an unquenchable thirst for it, and studied under many a great learned men. He inherited the financially destitute Baronetcy of Hyville in the southern orchard country of Igolthra when he was twenty. And though his holdings were bankrupt he managed within a few years to turn it into a profitable estate, he was not satisfied with a mere baronetcy though. Leaving his lands to the management of his wife (also equally talented) he left for the capital, where he found employ as a Treasurer. Afterwards he became a Port Manager for a harbour in the south, and after a slew of appointments finally broke into the upper echelons with his appointment as Arch-Treasurer, followed by the Stewardship of the Royal Palace in Kingshill. During Elyas's rebellion Geoffrey secretly supported him and when the rebellious Prince neared the city he designed a plot for the King to be murdered, and ordered the opening of the City Gates.

Weapon of choice: Poison, a Dagger
Strengths: Intellect, Fast Runner, Persuasive ability
Weaknesses: His Homosexuality, His lack of piety, Inability to handle a weapon
Notes:
His duties from each of his positions:
  • Lord Steward - Manage and organize the palace, its staff, its finances, its entourage, its upkeep and plans events.
  • Keeper of Records and Laws - A post that acknowledges his abilities as a lawyer and judge. He is responsible for the Palace Archives and helps review important legal cases.
  • Arch-Treasurer - A mostly ceremonial position now that he has taken over the position of Lord Steward. He consults with the Under-Treasurers when they require his assistance and he review budgets when they are proposed.
Last edited by Cresadine on Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse