NATION

PASSWORD

Varsity Row - Official HQ (RP Group/Studio) [OPEN!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Varsity Row - Official HQ (RP Group/Studio) [OPEN!]

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:39 pm

On P2TM, it's common to feel isolated. Roleplays come and roleplays go, and although friends are made along the way, it can often times be difficult to consistently participate in quality, active roleplays with familiar faces. Therefore, I created a goal for myself, alongside Joshulia, Vesperis, and Complectuss. We would create a RP Group that reflected our desires for a greater sense of community among the roleplayers we've come to know. And to fulfill this goal, we created Varsity Row, the RP studio composed of the best and brightest writers in the Multiverse.

FAQ

What is Varsity Row?
Varsity Row is a roleplay collaboration group, as well as a general community of friends and merrymakers. Here, we discuss roleplays we are creating, ideas for potential stories, advertise for roleplays we have created or find interesting, and overall just talk and have a good time. We use the VR name as a seal of quality, ensuring that our stories come from a passionate, creative, and dedicated group of writers.

Who is in charge of Varsity Row?
Myself (Aona), Vesperis, Joshulia, and Complectuss are the VR Staff. We ensure everything within the group runs smoothly, strongly, and civilly. If you ever have questions, please message one of us, and we'll be sure to answer as quickly and effectively as possible.

Can I Join?
Of course! Simply submit an application through telegram or this thread. Please note, however, that we are a very selective group. We care deeply about the quality of our roleplays, and if we haven't worked with you before, we are unlikely to accept you without a solid resume.

If you have worked with someone affiliated with VR previously, you can ask them to sponsor you. This will fast-track your application, and make us much more likely to accept you.

If you apply without an invitation to join by the Staff, or without a member sponsor, you will be accepted as a Squire. Squires are almost the same as members, but must participate in group conversation and VR roleplays for a period of time before being promoted to a full-fledged member. Once promoted, Squires will enjoy all the benefits given to members: they can be sent as liaisons to represent the group in other threads and forums, they will be relied on for advice, given access to resource and image packs, and will be able to participate in many more activities to be announced in the near future!

I'm already in a RP Group or Studio. Can I still be a part of VR?
Absolutely! We encourage cooperation and interaction with all RP Groups :)

As a Member, what can I expect?
Members and Squires of VR can enjoy:
  • A frequent and quality-filled roster of roleplays and roleplayers
  • The ability to discuss ideas and concepts for past, present, and future characters and stories
  • Discussion on OP/OOC techniques, coding, imagery, and story themes
  • The ability to have an immediate team of writers for any roleplays you make (no more pesky bumps!)
  • A sense of community and kinship
  • Good old-fashioned fun!

Members and Squires are also expected to:
  • Demonstrate consistently satisfactory use of the English language, especially in other members' roleplays
  • Respect each other and the Staff.
  • Maintain a sense of quality, creativity, and activity in all roleplays and in the group
  • Respect the VR brand, as well as promote and uphold its image of excellence

Rules

• In any Roleplay, any of the cardinal sins (Godmodding, Metagaming, etc.) are STRICTLY forbidden.
  • Respect the Staff, and your fellow members.
  • Maintain the sense of quality that VR promotes. If you're going to use our name, use it for something you're proud of.
  • We do not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, or other forms of prejudice of any kind. There is a fine line between jokes and earnest, and we will not hesitate to reprimand a member if we feel as though they have stepped out of line.
  • If you have any major issue with another member, or with something else, message me or another staff member before taking personal action.
  • If you need to leave the community for whatever reason, let us know. We understand the real life hold precedence over NationStates, and will mark your absence.
  • Don't forget to have fun, and post frequently. We enjoy your company!

The Application Process

Note: Much of the application was inspired by the wonderful example given by the kids over at ℘ædagog. Thanks, guys!

Code: Select all
[table][tr][td][blocktext][align=center][img]http://i.imgur.com/QWKn3zg.gif[/img]
[b][size=125][color=#0000BF]VARSITY ROW - APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP[/color][/size][/b][/align][hr][/hr][size=3]GOGAPP[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]How Long Have You been RP'ing?:[/b]
[b]Preferred Genres:[/b] 
[b]Why do you RP?:[/b]
[b]OP experience? (Y/N):[/b]
[b]My Roleplaying Strengths Are:[/b]
[b]Name of Sponsoring Member, If Any:[/b]
[b]RP Examples:[/b] 
[/blocktext][/td][/tr][/table]

Explanation

Name: Whatever name you go by. This can be your full nation name, or whatever people call you. Or both.
How Long Have You been RP'ing?: This can also include outside of NationStates.
Preferred Genres: What genres of roleplay do you prefer, if any?
Why do you RP?: This doesn't have to be a long answer, just a simple statement and motivation.
OP experience? (Y/N): Have you made your own (moderately successful) RP before?
My Roleplaying Strengths Are: List anything you think you do well as a Roleplayer/Writer.
Name of Sponsoring Member, If Any: Is there anyone sponsoring your application?
RP Examples: Please provide at least three examples of your previous work. Urls are preferred.

Welcome to the Row.
Last edited by Aona on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
:^)

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

MEMBERSHIP ROSTER

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Membership Roster
The list of all active Staff, Members, and Squires affiliated with VR. Message Aona if your name is not on the list, for whatever reason.
Do you want to update your signature, while showing off your VR Pride? Courtesy of member Lavan Tiri, You now have that option!

If you already have previous VR regalia in your sig, wish to edit the current layout for different colors or wording, or simply don't want a VR mention at all, that is completely fine, as well.

For Squires:
[align=center][background=silver][color=#CD3700] ✏ I'm a Squire of [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=372134][size=85]VARSITY ROW[/size]![/url] Come check us out! ✏ [/color][/background][/align]

✏ I'm a Squire of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✏

For Members:
[align=center][background=silver][color=#0000BF] ✒ I'm a Proud Member of [url=https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=372134][size=85]VARSITY ROW[/size]![/url] Come check us out! ✒ [/color][/background][/align]

✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

Staff
~Aona: Founder
~Joshulia: Co-Founder
~Vesperis: Staff Member
~Complectuss: Staff Member

Members
~Illan
~Tarnen
~Drakmah
~Shadowwell
~Relikai
~Lavan Tiri
~Swith Witherward
~Merodin
~Saleon
~Arana

Squires:
~Cresadine
~The Hobbesian Metaphysician
~Beiarusia
~Gerdon Laughis
~Ghondra
~Insaeldor

Last edited by Aona on Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

OFFICIAL LIBRARY & ARCHIVES

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:40 pm

Official Library
This is the master collection of all current & past works affiliated with Varsity Row. If you see a thread missing, contact Aona and the Staff will promptly edit the list.
Affiliated with us? Want to show your VR pride, or promote our group? Consider placing the VR Emblem on your OP! It will provide a direct link to our thread. In use, it will look like this: Image

Here the code to make it yourself:

[url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=372134&p=28128407#p28128399][img]http://i.imgur.com/QWKn3zg.gif[/img][/url]

Ongoing Projects
For our members' current roleplays.

~Shades of Baker Street (EU, Mystery), OP: Shadowwell
~NOMADIUM (Fantasy), OP: Aona NOTE: CURRENTLY IN STASIS
~Cryptus Academy (Supernatural, School), OP: Aona
~Plight of the Soul: Ruins of Albion (Collapse), OP: Benuty

Archives
For dead or completed roleplays.
~Seraphim (Fantasy), OP: Aona
~Fernway (Adventure), OP: Aona
~Emergence (Superhero), OP: Shadowwell
~Omens of the Fatherland (Alt History), OP: The Hobbesian Metaphysician

Last edited by Aona on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:12 am, edited 13 times in total.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Everyone who has been pre-invited as a member/is on Staff: No need to apply! Go forth and post :)

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Big Boss Illan reporting for duty.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:46 pm

Illan wrote:Big Boss Illan reporting for duty.

they played us like a damn fiddle

Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:47 pm

Heyooo
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:49 pm

Vice President reporting for duty
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:50 pm

Joshulia wrote:Vice President reporting for duty

go home john adams nobody likes you

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:53 pm

Aona wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Vice President reporting for duty

go home john adams nobody likes you

Fuck you I'm Lyndon B Johnson to your JFK lookin ass

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Aona wrote:
Illan wrote:Big Boss Illan reporting for duty.

they played us like a damn fiddle

Well, this is now a Metal Gear group.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Aona wrote:go home john adams nobody likes you

Fuck you I'm Lyndon B Johnson to your JFK lookin ass

And I'm the greatest soldier in the world.
Above even The Boss

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Hello, everyone, Fancy meeting you here in this fine place.

Illan, did you know there is a metal gear reference in fallout 3? lol (It might be to one of the numerous other games sharing that moniker, but hey, no one but god and The OP is perfect. lol)

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Hello, everyone, Fancy meeting you here in this fine place.

Illan, did you know there is a metal gear reference in fallout 3? lol (It might be to one of the numerous other games sharing that moniker, but hey, no one but god and The OP is perfect. lol)

I am pretty flawless, yes

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:03 pm

I probably have seen it but didn't pay any mind to it. What/where is it?
Above even The Boss

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Also, just for the shiggles since I assume there's no restriction on conversations, anybody here play Smash?
Above even The Boss

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:07 pm

Illan wrote:Also, just for the shiggles since I assume there's no restriction on conversations, anybody here play Smash?

raises hand high
Yea, for right now and the indefinite future, as long as the conversation falls towards roleplay construction and maintainment, conversation is like that of an OOC. Just be sure to keep it shifting to RP every now and then so we dont have any issues with the mods :P

Speaking of which, to those who are interested, take a look at this. I had some great plans for the roleplay, but it never got traction. I was considering making it my first VR endorsed project.

Any thoughts/musings/questions about it?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:10 pm

Illan wrote:

In thenRobot repair center somewhere you find a note saying Snake left some pulse grenades in a storage locker, for later. Which i thought was a reference but the wikia says its not. In one of the MGS games you leave pulse grenades somewhere for some purpose.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Illan wrote:

In thenRobot repair center somewhere you find a note saying Snake left some pulse grenades in a storage locker, for later. Which i thought was a reference but the wikia says its not. In one of the MGS games you leave pulse grenades somewhere for some purpose.

I know what you mean, the place where the Mechanist hangs out. I don't remember it saying snake, but that's a small detail (and I haven't played F3 in a while). But given the prevalence of chaff grenades and such in MGS, that sounds like a reference.
Above even The Boss

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Illan wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:In thenRobot repair center somewhere you find a note saying Snake left some pulse grenades in a storage locker, for later. Which i thought was a reference but the wikia says its not. In one of the MGS games you leave pulse grenades somewhere for some purpose.

I know what you mean, the place where the Mechanist hangs out. I don't remember it saying snake, but that's a small detail (and I haven't played F3 in a while). But given the prevalence of chaff grenades and such in MGS, that sounds like a reference.

Should I play fo3? NV is one of my favorite games ever, and 4 was good, but somewhat disappointing after 15 hours.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:19 pm

Illan wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:In thenRobot repair center somewhere you find a note saying Snake left some pulse grenades in a storage locker, for later. Which i thought was a reference but the wikia says its not. In one of the MGS games you leave pulse grenades somewhere for some purpose.

I only recently started replaying FO3 and NV because of all the new mods added when fallout 4 came out.

Aona, i like the idea of that rp, but i find it lacking, in what i dont know, it is just a feeling. you probably intended for it to be a pretty open-ended rp, and that may have been the problem.
EDIT: 3 is ok, and if you have the right mods, it can have near endless replayability, but I liked new vegas better when comparing the two without mods.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Yosha.

Tag planted.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:31 pm

Ha nerds
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:32 pm

Aona wrote:
Illan wrote:

Should I play fo3? NV is one of my favorite games ever, and 4 was good, but somewhat disappointing after 15 hours.

I find Fo3 to be deeper than F4, but not as much as New Vegas. That being said, I put countless more hours into Fallout 3 than Fallout 4.
Above even The Boss

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:36 pm

Tarnen wrote:Ha nerds

Hey babe

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads