NATION

PASSWORD

DEN NEWS | Operation Blitz: Atlantis Invaded!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Marselesk
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Marselesk » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:17 am

Congratulations on the operation o7
99.1% Chemically Pure Raider
Field Marshal and Major of The Black Hawks
Patriarch of the House of Vasentius

Revall wrote:I will train a flock of geese for 20 years as assassins and send them to find you kleo

John Jacob wrote:Your ability to make a convincing argument based on complete bullsh*t is very impressive

Raging Zen Master wrote:As subtle as "HELLO FELLOW HUMANS, I TOO, ENJOY BREATHING OXYGEN."

Knot/Ivo wrote:Nonsense, defender budgets are set to buying cushy armchairs, not bombers!

Knot II
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:26 am

Thank you, Avakael and Kleo. Image
★★ General ★★
DEN

[12:18 AM] Knot: No worries, I have better kicking rates when there are more defenders.
[12:20 AM] Chingis Otchigin: Knot's hammer is splash damage konfirmed

Tom Vasentius
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:22 pm

Just goes to show that we don't need tools to whip fendas, great op too bad I wasn't able to make it. o/
Last edited by Tom Vasentius on Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
what

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Tom Vasentius wrote:Just goes to show that we don't need tools to whip fendas, great op too bad I wasn't able to make it. o/

Try to beat the tag record manually and i'll be impressed :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:24 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Tom Vasentius wrote:Just goes to show that we don't need tools to whip fendas, great op too bad I wasn't able to make it. o/

Exactly. It seems to me that a huge asterisk should be put in front of any tag raiding record achieved in the last two years stating that it was accomplished with illegal tools.
Last edited by The Silver Sentinel on Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChingisOtchigin
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ChingisOtchigin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:48 pm

What is the manual record?
Last edited by ChingisOtchigin on Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Vasentius
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:

Okay! Looks like we'll have to get right to work :P
what

KaiserAdolf
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby KaiserAdolf » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:30 pm

Your Pathetic Raid has failed. Fools, HAHAHAHAHA.
The Heavenly-Dictatorship of KaiserAdolf
Commander Albrich Adolf
I am a nationalist Malay from Malaysia IRL. Join in the Malay Discussion Thread, http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=376380

Hate=Islamophobia, LGBT, Liberalism, Fake Islam, Zionists, Communitsm, Atheism, Anarchism, Fascism, Daesh.

Neutral=Democracy, Isolationism, Israelis.

Like=Islam, Nationalism, Legalism, Stratocracy, Palestine.

JOIN THE BEST ROLEPLAY REGION!
The Independent Order

Gin Rummy
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gin Rummy » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Congratulations on the success of Operation Blitz, guys!
NationStates' lead security mare, throw me a telegram if you spot trouble.
⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:52 pm

DEN NEWS AGENCY wrote:this manually-triggered jump just beat all but the rarest of tool-assisted invasions. Even as this is being written, the democratization of traditional triggering methods continues.

Good to see DEN has rediscovered the value of manual triggering, after years of cheating the game instead. You make it's accuracy sound so magical, it's not like a Defender couldn't have told you that at any point. :roll:

Drop all the rhetoric you like, but congratulations on the win. I've got no beef with you folks if you get fair wins, with fair timing. It'll be nice having an actually fair playing field. It's just funny that you use this rhetoric so widely now, when just weeks ago you were claiming that Defenders should try harder to stop you when it turns out you were cheating your timing all along, something that knowing your General Staff and knowing that they are intelligent players, I refuse to believe wasn't widely known among the upper echelon of DEN.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Lemmingtopias
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lemmingtopias » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:18 pm

We would like to thank DEN for stopping by Atlantis and am glad you enjoyed our world class hospitality. The new Delegate is especially grateful for your visit.

Our former Delegate has prepared a fruit basket for you, though I'm afraid I got peckish on the way here. I saved you an apple and a couple of grapes.

:kiss:
LBC News:Lemmingtopias now de facto split between East and West | Junta forces fail to storm Palace of the Sages, withdrawal from West Lomapolis | COUP! Advised to stay at home! More Info coming soon | Prince of Lemmingtopias killed during summit with Tropican President| Invasion of The Tropican Islands cancelled. Diplomatic talks to resume

Knot II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:It's just funny that you use this rhetoric so widely now, when just weeks ago you were claiming that Defenders should try harder to stop you when it turns out you were cheating your timing all along, something that knowing your General Staff and knowing that they are intelligent players, I refuse to believe wasn't widely known among the upper echelon of DEN.

All of these significant operations reported in this thread were executed with the speed and precision of manual triggers and have led to the complete suppression of embarrassingly-terrible defender and native resistance. Rather than blindly throw around unfounded accusations through tinted goggles, as you defenders often do to compensate for the aforementioned incompetency shown on the battlefield, you may report evidence for illegal, DoS-worthy allegations to the moderators via GHR.
Last edited by Knot II on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★★ General ★★
DEN

[12:18 AM] Knot: No worries, I have better kicking rates when there are more defenders.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:34 pm

Knot II wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:It's just funny that you use this rhetoric so widely now, when just weeks ago you were claiming that Defenders should try harder to stop you when it turns out you were cheating your timing all along, something that knowing your General Staff and knowing that they are intelligent players, I refuse to believe wasn't widely known among the upper echelon of DEN.

All of these significant operations reported in this thread were executed with the speed and precision of manual triggers and have led to the complete suppression of embarrassingly-terrible defender and native resistance. Rather than blindly throw around unfounded accusations through tinted goggles, as you defenders often do to compensate for the aforementioned incompetency shown on the battlefield, you may report evidence for illegal, DoS-worthy allegations to the moderators via GHR.

Uh huh.... And we are supposed to just take your good word for it? If Predator is so good at calculating perfect trigger times, why would you need to manually trigger Ivo? You can sit back and deny it all you want, but in the end it was you caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

So you managed to tag raid a region which associates with the FRA kick out a single person who was puppetflooding the region and it it some great victory? Congratulations. /sarcasm Your guys propaganda gets worse and worse by the day. At this point it is even worse than The Red Fleet's and I didn't think that was even possible.

Knot II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:52 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:Uh huh.... And we are supposed to just take your good word for it? If Predator is so good at calculating perfect trigger times, why would you need to manually trigger Ivo? You can sit back and deny it all you want, but in the end it was you caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

My word is arguably far more valuable than your own, Mr. Pearson. I've always maintained my position to never rely on technology as it can always malfunction. It's something my mentors have taught me and something that I teach my own mentees. A grand total of three defenders know how to set manual triggers because everyone in that camp has been spoiled by FriarTuck.

I won't bother to attempt to correct your deliberate misunderstanding of our objectives, but I do have to ask why you've turned tail and fled back into the confines of WA immobility while actively idling in #jump. I enjoyed watching your confused antics at update.
Last edited by Knot II on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
★★ General ★★
DEN

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:44 am

Knot II wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:Uh huh.... And we are supposed to just take your good word for it? If Predator is so good at calculating perfect trigger times, why would you need to manually trigger Ivo? You can sit back and deny it all you want, but in the end it was you caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

My word is arguably far more valuable than your own, Mr. Pearson.

Really? Pray tell how?

Knot II wrote:A grand total of three defenders know how to set manual triggers because everyone in that camp has been spoiled by FriarTuck.

Really? Three? You have these exact figures how?

Knot II wrote:I won't bother to attempt to correct your deliberate misunderstanding of our objectives, but I do have to ask why you've turned tail and fled back into the confines of WA immobility while actively idling in #jump.

Playing against cheaters who laugh and point while fucking over other people claiming they are terrible isn't really on my bucket list thanks. I started out in the game working in the GA, and I am pretty good at it. I thought I would go back to doing what I am good at, where someone just can't run an illegal script and destroy something at vote thankfully.

I enjoyed watching your confused antics at update.

Uh huh.... I suppose you are running, what? Three or four different IRC handles? Is playing fair really that foreign of a concept these days?

Claim all the victories you want Ivo. In the end it is just going to come down to one simple question. How much did he cheat to achieve those victories.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:11 am

Knot II wrote:All of these significant operations reported in this thread were executed with the speed and precision of manual triggers and have led to the complete suppression of embarrassingly-terrible defender and native resistance.

Portugal is a significant operation reported in this thread. During the same update, there was a 40-hit tagging run orchestrated by Varax. Do you happen to remember it, Ivo?
Is there a reason why it wasn't mentioned alongside Portugal's invasion?

Was it not significant enough?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:16 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Knot II wrote:All of these significant operations reported in this thread were executed with the speed and precision of manual triggers and have led to the complete suppression of embarrassingly-terrible defender and native resistance.

Portugal is a significant operation reported in this thread. During the same update, there was a 40-hit tagging run orchestrated by Varax. Do you happen to remember it, Ivo?

May have had something to do with the Predator scandal just coming to light. That would be my guess (stating the obvious here).

All of those hours spent trying to acheive tag raiding records, all reduced down to nothing more than a doping scandal. I really is pretty sad if you think about it.

Knot II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Knot II » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:50 am

Ridersyl wrote:Portugal is a significant operation reported in this thread. During the same update, there was a 40-hit tagging run orchestrated by Varax. Do you happen to remember it, Ivo?

I cannot comprehend why you continue to make stuff up to better suit your argument. Your mentioned "40-hit tagging run" was accomplished on the major update of March 14th, while the invasion of Portugal occurred on the major update of March 15th. Constant factual inconsistencies aside, do you even see any regular tagging report in this thread? The High Command utilizes tagging as a form of training for new recruits, while other members enjoy the process.

I've struggled to "rebrand" DEN away from TBR ever since my promotion last summer; it's been made ten times more difficult, however, by several vocal, marginalized players who cannot see two feet past their egos through thick glasses. I already mentioned why I resent the general lack of distinction between the communities of these two organizations, but I can clarify. With our IC operation: two tagging reports a day minimizes the impact of these raids and causes annoyance to frequent forum-goers, as nobody enjoys reading bidaily cookie-cutter updates. The only remnant of an affected TBR officer corps that still exists is two members of the former General Staff and two junior officers. With our OOC operation: DEN cracked down on toxic elements in our community by banning the capable, competent players causing such, something the defender community hasn't done and probably never will. On GamePlay legality: we do not want to be rulebreakers and we have not been conscious rulebreakers. DEN does not enjoy the company of coders and other tech-smart people, as our real-life professions are about as far away from coding as raiding is from defending. People regard me as technical support here, but I know absolutely nothing about coding (several people can attest to this). Despite the amount of invader rhetoric that has been spoken, we do want a competitive defender corps because NationStates is a game and we enjoy playing the game. All members in DEN have been cooperative with Moderation and would like to see an end to this stain that apparently lies in our history as well. At your feet now, soldier, go take your rumors and false accusations somewhere else.
Last edited by Knot II on Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
★★ General ★★
DEN

Gest
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gest » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am

Before what I assume will be the mod's biblically epic punishment on much of raiding is handed down, I would like to dispel the notion that the raiders who used Predator knew it was illegal. Many well-liked and guileless players have used it since it's inception. Some decently tech wise people thought it was a legal tool and used it as well.

But you're not here for justifications but for a pretentious epitaph! We loved raiding not wisely but too well.

Tom Vasentius
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:57 am

The Silver Sentinel wrote:

So you managed to tag raid a region which associates with the FRA kick out a single person who was puppetflooding the region and it it some great victory? Congratulations. /sarcasm Your guys propaganda gets worse and worse by the day. At this point it is even worse than The Red Fleet's and I didn't think that was even possible.

Yep, and it ended a delegacy of over 600 days and you lot couldn't stop it. We've got the best propaganda, besides Knot's good posts and Tye's dank OC which are both good propaganda we've got the best and most effective propaganda: propaganda of the deed. Despite all the trouble this past week we can still get a great number of WAs out and hit good targets, we are victorious in our large OPs which we never used tools for anyways, and we're holding two good targets St A and Portugal, and Portugal is right after we paid the natives in anarchy a nice little visit and last time I checked our WAD in Portugal had an insane amount of endos and pretty soon we'll be back to tear up the tagfields classic style. So despite all we're still active and winning fam. All that is pretty darn good no? And power is what attracts people, I think it's our power, effectiveness and infamy as raiders that serves as the best propaganda and brings new blood over to our side.
what

Festavo2
Secretary

Founded: Aug 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Festavo2 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:06 pm

Congratulations on the raid.
Scribe of War of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: With a galloping horse and a loud-ass gun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:36 pm

Gest wrote:We loved raiding not wisely but too well.

Is it time to love raiding wisely, Gest? Like the old days?
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Severisen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Severisen » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:30 pm

ChingisOtchigin wrote:What is the manual record?

Spartz triggered 28 tags manually in (iirc) 2012 for TBH, during a 1 hour update. He not only triggered, he also jumped on the raids. To put it in perspective, it shattered Halc's previous record of 19 in an update, at which point he became driven to best TBH. This, imo, is what led us down the path to where we are now :p

Even defenders congratulated us on the mark. Extrapolated to a 90 minute update, 42 would be equivalent. If I can be bothered, I'll dig up the posts.

Edit: viewtopic.php?p=9282862#p9282862

Edit 2: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=183540&p=9724631&#p9724631

This is when 2 teams hit 38 regions in an update. Spartz triggered 24, Jakker hit 14.
Last edited by Severisen on Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<mcmasterdonia> Ex-TBH dudes get all the NS girls.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Should I be worried that Mall said he wanted to invade my region?
Member of the Cult of the Overgoat.

Married to my best friends Xoriet and Astarial
Father to Ramaeus, Sylvia, Greyghost, Bachtendekuppen, Liliarchy, Jar, Cookie. (And Guy)
Former: Everything
Current: Nowhere man.
Past, Present, and Future: Nobody.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Tom Vasentius wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:So you managed to tag raid a region which associates with the FRA kick out a single person who was puppetflooding the region and it it some great victory? Congratulations. /sarcasm Your guys propaganda gets worse and worse by the day. At this point it is even worse than The Red Fleet's and I didn't think that was even possible.

Yep, and it ended a delegacy of over 600 days and you lot couldn't stop it.

Well I am currently on hiatus from defending at the moment, so I wouldn't have tried, but honestly tell me this? What reason would any defender have had to try and stop it at the moment, given the fact there is a high degree of probability it was triggered via an illegal script? How exact was the trigger time? Was it minute off or was it right down to the second?

Tom Vasentius wrote:So despite all we're still active and winning fam. All that is pretty darn good no? And power is what attracts people, I think it's our power, effectiveness and infamy as raiders that serves as the best propaganda and brings new blood over to our side.

And illegal scripts to give you a significant advantage in tag raiding have nothing to do with any of that right?

Severisen wrote:
ChingisOtchigin wrote:What is the manual record?

Spartz triggered 28 tags manually in (iirc) 2012 for TBH, during a 1 hour update. He not only triggered, he also jumped on the raids. Jakker also triggered a number of raids that update, and I think TBH hit 38 or 39 regions in one update, two teams. To put it in perspective, it shattered Halc's previous record of 19 in an update, at which point he became driven to best TBH. This, imo, is what led us down the path to where we are now :p

Even defenders congratulated us on the mark. Extrapolated to a 90 minute update, 42 would be equivalent. If I can be bothered, I'll dig up the posts.

See.. Those are numbers I can respect. Hitting 100 or so regions in an update should have been the first clue something fishy was going on, and I feel like an idiot for not catching on to it sooner.

Tom Vasentius
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Tom Vasentius » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:33 pm

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
Tom Vasentius wrote:Yep, and it ended a delegacy of over 600 days and you lot couldn't stop it.

Well I am currently on hiatus from defending at the moment, so I wouldn't have tried, but honestly tell me this? What reason would any defender have had to try and stop it at the moment, given the fact there is a high degree of probability it was triggered via an illegal script? How exact was the trigger time? Was it minute off or was it right down to the second?

Tom Vasentius wrote:So despite all we're still active and winning fam. All that is pretty darn good no? And power is what attracts people, I think it's our power, effectiveness and infamy as raiders that serves as the best propaganda and brings new blood over to our side.

And illegal scripts to give you a significant advantage in tag raiding have nothing to do with any of that right?

This raid was after all orgs with people who trigger using predator ordered their members to stop using it until a decision was made, and now that it has been found illegal no one will be using it, so I don't think there's a high probability that anyone is still using Predator but hey, I doubt I'm going to change your mind.

As for the second thing yeah I'll give you that, the guys who triggered with Predator had a very unfair advantage against you guys and I I've been on raids with people using it and I don't feel so good about the victories that we've had since it's been found out that Predator was illegal. But now things will be done the old fashioned way till a new and legal tool is developed and if that doesn't happen so be it.
what

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay