NATION

PASSWORD

League of Republics (Mt, alliance)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

League of Republics (Mt, alliance)

Postby United Gordonopia » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:19 pm

News Feed: None

Preamble

Throughout recent history, the noble form of government known as the Republic has been seen as simply another name for Democracy. While it is true that in both forms, a ruler is selected by people. Because of this, they may seem to be one-in-the same, but when you look at the core of each, you will realize that they are very different.
In a Democracy, it is rule by the Majority. The Majority has power, and any in the minority have no protection from the ruling Majority. This is always true with Democracies, whether they be Representative, Direct, or any other form.
The opposite is true in a Republic. Its purpose is to control the Majority. The minority has protected by a written, amendable, Constitution protecting their God-Given rights.
Many great Republics have often been classified as “Democracies”, from the powerful United States of America, to our own nation of The Republic of United Gordonopia. For proof of this, you merely need to open the textbook of history. You shall always find the United States classified as a Democracy, and when Gordonopia is mentioned it is the same. But when the Americans say their “Pledge of Allegiance”, what do they pledge to? They pledge to “The Republic, for which it stands.” Does this mean that they are a Democracy? No
It is our nation’s belief that the Republic should stand strong among other nations, as equals and not “Just another Democracy”. For this reason, our nation hereby announces the founding of the League of Republics.

Article One

Members of this League must be willing to defend their fellow in times of struggle. Be it famine, war, revolution, or any other form of strife, Republics of the League must aid each other. When such hardships occur, members must be willing to do the following.
• In the event of war, members must be willing to defend their fellow nation. Therefore, if a Republic of the League is attacked, all members must be willing to come to their aid. They shall not be required, however, to aid in a war where their fellow nation is the attacker. If an attacking nation in the league wishes to have the league aid them, then it shall be called to vote and must win by a majority of all voters
• In the event of famine, members must be willing to help the people of the nation in need. Therefore, if a Republic of the League is stricken by a famine, their fellow members must be willing to aid them with food, water, and other necessities of life.
• In the event of a Revolution, Rebellion, or any other form of Insurrection, members must be willing to support the Republic in power. Therefore, if a nation experiences one of the previously stated forms of Insurrection, all members must be willing to aid with both military and possible economic aid.
• In the event of another form of strife, fellow members shall be able to choose what form of help. if any, they will send.

Article Two

The League shall not be open to every Dictatorship, Communism, full Monarchy, or other nation that wants protection. The League is created by Republics, for Republics. Because of this fact, only a nation ruled by a Republic at the time an application is submitted shall be admitted. Should a nation lose its status as a Republic, it shall lose its status as a member until a Republic is restored. To be allowed to join the League, nations must meet the following requirements.
• To be a member of the League, a nation must be governed by a Republican system. A Republic is classified as a Representative form of government ruled by an amendable constitution protecting the rights of its citizens.
• To be a member of the League, a nation cannot have a change in its system of government and keep its member status. Should a revolution be successful, and the ruling Republic loses its power, said nations membership shall be suspended until a Republic returns to power.
• The only exception to the above rules is a Constitutional Monarchy where all other requirements are filled, and the reigning monarch has only ceremonial powers.

Summary

The League of Republics was created to defend this noble form of governing, and give it equal status among the many forms of government. Should a Republic be classified by another nation as a Democracy, said nation shall be corrected unless proof can be given that their statement is true.
We wish that this alliance shall become a part of everyday life, and shall not be seen as an enemy of nations like so many alliances have become.

Sincerely,

Gordon Smith
Prime Minister
Republic of United Gordonopia

Application

Official Name of Country:
Head of Government:
(Optional) Type of Republic (Federal, Capitalist, Constitutional Monarchy, etc.):
Population:
Citizen Moniker:
Other Alliances:

Members:
The Republic of United Gordonopia
The Federal Republic of Ostronopolis
The Federation Of Brewdomia
The People's Republic of Matsu-Wa
The Corporate Republic of Toopoxia
The United SStates of The Valepian Lands
The Democratic Republic of Colonial Brenya
The Holy Empire of South East Europe
The United Federal Republic of Lioh
The armed Republic of LEtzen
The Democratic Republic of Carnestown
The Federal Republic of the City of Norfolk
The Republic Of Ketrily
The Commonwealth of Storm Round
The Armed Republic of Northern Delmarva
The Federation of Bavin
The Free Land of Shoshogo
The Federation of Imperial Alypium
The Allied States of Hodori
The Unified States of the Free Republic of Borinata
The Kingdom of Nouvelle Rhodes
The Federal Republic of Zeppy
The Kingdom of Dungeyland
The Democratic Republic of Verzia

ooc: Forums areHere
Last edited by United Gordonopia on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 34 times in total.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Re: League of Republics (Mt, alliance)

Postby United Gordonopia » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:55 am

-bump-
Also Known as Kazmr

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:58 am

As Vice President, I will read over and comment on the Articles of this Alliance.

Article One

Members of this League must be willing to defend their fellow in times of struggle. Be it famine, war, revolution, or any other form of strife, Republics of the League must aid each other. When such hardships occur, members must be willing to do the following.
• In the event of war, members must be willing to defend their fellow nation. Therefore, if a Republic of the League is attacked, all members must be willing to come to their aid. They shall not be required, however, to aid in a war where their fellow nation is the attacker. If an attacking nation in the league wishes to have the league aid them, then it shall be called to vote and must win by a majority of all voters

The question I have, is when you say "willing" is it a requirement?

Rhodmhire has a history of putting diplomacy up first, opposed to war. Although if we find rational reasoning, we'll likely aid in Military manners, I am prone to speculation--is diplomacy void if war is declared? Or could a Meeting be held to discuss these situations?

• In the event of famine, members must be willing to help the people of the nation in need. Therefore, if a Republic of the League is stricken by a famine, their fellow members must be willing to aid them with food, water, and other necessities of life.

I agree with, and support this section fully.

• In the event of a Revolution, Rebellion, or any other form of Insurrection, members must be willing to support the Republic in power. Therefore, if a nation experiences one of the previously stated forms of Insurrection, all members must be willing to aid with both military and possible economic aid.

The only comment goes back to my first one. Again, clarifying the requirement vs. willingness debate would answer all specualtions on this section as well.

• In the event of another form of strife, fellow members must be willing to do what is necessary to help their fellow Republic. They shall be allowed to decide what is necessary, but are required to aid nevertheless.

As long as specifics are up for sovereign decision, I agree. However, I hope that sovereign decisions to immediate Military aid are also present, and not void from this Alliance.

Article Two

The League shall not be open to every Dictatorship, Communism, full Monarchy, or other nation that wants protection. The League is created by Republics, for Republics. Because of this fact, only a nation ruled by a Republic at the time an application is submitted shall be admitted. Should a nation lose its status as a Republic, it shall lose its status as a member until a Republic is restored. To be allowed to join the League, nations must meet the following requirements.

In the late 1800s, Rhodmhire was founded by Dictorial leaders. Dictorial being a principle religious/political belief that dictators are iconic deities and must be obeyed by their subjects to recieve enlightenment and a good life on Earth and beyond.

It is in our Constitution not to ally ourselves fully with any Dictatorship. We agree 100% to this section in Rhodmhire.

• To be a member of the League, a nation must be governed by a Republican system. A Republic is classified as a Representative form of government ruled by an amendable constitution protecting the rights of its citizens.

We do have operate in a Republican manner.

• To be a member of the League, a nation cannot have a change in its system of government and keep its member status. Should a revolution be successful, and the ruling Republic loses its power, said nations membership shall be suspended until a Republic returns to power.

What about Democratic-Republics, Prosperous Republics, United Republics, or other various forms of "Republics." What are the limitations? Is it simply pure Republics that are tolerated?"

• The only exception to the above rules is a Constitutional Monarchy where all other requirements are filled, and the reigning monarch has only ceremonial powers.

I see.

Summary

The League of Republics was created to defend this noble form of governing, and give it equal status among the many forms of government. Should a Republic be classified by another nation as a Democracy, said nation shall be corrected unless proof can be given that their statement is true.
We wish that this alliance shall become a part of everyday life, and shall not be seen as an enemy of nations like so many alliances have become.

Sincerely,

Gordon Smith
Prime Minister
Republic of United Gordonopia

The ultimate question. Will this infringe on Rhodmhire's soveregnity?

We have made trade alliances, political, and military alliances in the past, but a full alliance of multiple nations acting as one is condemned by our government.

We are strictly told in our Constitution not to get so heavily involved with national alliances and situations that don't infringe on our own sovereignty and well-being as a nation.

From what I'm looking at, it's more of a protective alliance, opposed to a united nations alliance.

If that is true, we shall join, however, we wish to be clarified on specifics that I myself commented on.

Until then, consider Rhodmhire a very plausible future member.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Rhodmhire on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:43 pm

To: Vice President Martin Haives

For your first few questions, willingness in this document means that should the nation actually ask for help, it must be given. If the nation does not request it from the alliance, we will not force it upon them.

I shall edit the paragraph about aiding in other matters, as it is probably better to leave it a soverign decision.

Thirdly, any form of republic shall be tolerated. As long as all requirements are met, they may join.

And you are right about this being a protective alliance. It is stated that if a nation in the alliance is the attacker, they may call a vote. Even if the vote is yes, you won't have to participate in the war. You could, say, take care of their wounded soldiers or homeless civilians. You could accept refugees. You could send them one bullet and say that's your help.

We look forward to hearing your decision

Sincerely,
Gordon Smith
Prime Minister of Republic of United Gordonopia
Also Known as Kazmr

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:11 pm

United Gordonopia wrote:To: Vice President Martin Haives

For your first few questions, willingness in this document means that should the nation actually ask for help, it must be given. If the nation does not request it from the alliance, we will not force it upon them.

I shall edit the paragraph about aiding in other matters, as it is probably better to leave it a soverign decision.

Thirdly, any form of republic shall be tolerated. As long as all requirements are met, they may join.

And you are right about this being a protective alliance. It is stated that if a nation in the alliance is the attacker, they may call a vote. Even if the vote is yes, you won't have to participate in the war. You could, say, take care of their wounded soldiers or homeless civilians. You could accept refugees. You could send them one bullet and say that's your help.

We look forward to hearing your decision

Sincerely,
Gordon Smith
Prime Minister of Republic of United Gordonopia

Thank you for the clarifications. Rhodmhire would be happy to join this Alliance.

Our sovereignty is a key to our Republican way of life, we are glad to see you acknowledge that. Other than the questions I had, all is good with these Articles. Rhodmhire could also use the ideas and suggestions from other nations, as well as call upon them in times of war.

Shortly ago, we almost went solo into a war with the Allied States over a nation called Forgotten Americans. The Allied States my strike again soon, as Rhodmhire got involved in the Cabickstanian war, Cabickstan being another Allied States member. We could use the Military and diplomatic support of fellow Republics.

Thank you for your offer and oppurtunities.

I will fill out my country's application form shortly.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Rhodmhire on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:13 pm

Welcome to the league
Also Known as Kazmr

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:28 pm

-bump-
Also Known as Kazmr

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:54 pm

Official Name of Country: The People's Republic of Rhodmhire
Head of Government:
(Optional) Type of Republic (Federal, Capitalist, Constitutional Monarchy, etc.): People's Republic
Population: Currently 216,000,000 people
Citizen Moniker: Rhodmhites
Other Alliances: Various Military Alliances, no group Alliances, Randur and East Luisa are two fairly new and significant ones. Comaack as well.
Last edited by Rhodmhire on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:21 am

-bump-
Also Known as Kazmr

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:28 am

Official Name of Country:The Republic of Allrule
Head of Government:Chancellor John Bismarck
(Optional) Type of Republic (Federal, Capitalist, Constitutional Monarchy, etc.):Federal
Population:589 million
Citizen Moniker:Allrulian
Other Alliances:None
EDIT:I'm a member of the Global Democratic Federation.
Last edited by Allrule on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:36 am

Welcome to the League, Allrule.
Also Known as Kazmr

Ostronopolis
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ostronopolis » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 am

Official Federal Diplomatic Communication

Official Name of Country: The Federal Republic of Ostronopolis
Head of Government: President of the Federal Republic - William Dio (Incumbent)
Type of Republic: Federal
Population: 1.162 Billion
Citizen Moniker: Ostroeian, Ostronopolian
Other Alliances: The Global Democratic Federation, Collaberation of Allied Governments, United Nations Trade Organization, World Assembly
Last edited by Ostronopolis on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis
“Mortici Touaente Antimia”
Ostronopolian Trading Company || Congburgers || Communique Guide || Factbook ||
Member of: || The Conglomerate || Sovereign Network
Observer of: || COMINTERN || IFA ||

Quotes:
<Amit:> Ostro
<Amit> Through your sheer force of character
<Amit> You could get a nation to work for you

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:45 am

Welcome to the League, Ostronopolis.

oo: I'll start creating the forums now.
Also Known as Kazmr

Ostronopolis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ostronopolis » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 am

United Gordonopia wrote:Welcome to the League, Ostronopolis.

((OoC: Thanks, and do you want help on the forum? I'm good at making them))

Quotes:

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:55 am

Ostronopolis wrote:

ooc: that would be great. I' not to good, but I have to go somewhere. I should be back in about 2-2 1/2 hours. I'll tg you about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Ostronopolis
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ostronopolis » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:59 am

United Gordonopia wrote:
Ostronopolis wrote:

ooc: that would be great. I' not to good, but I have to go somewhere. I should be back in about 2-2 1/2 hours. I'll tg you about it.

((OoC: Okay, whenever you get the time.))

Quotes:

The German Region
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The German Region » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Official Name of Country:The Republic of the German Region
Head of State: President Nicolas Steiner
Head of Government: Chancellor Hans Ruff
(Optional) Type of Republic (Federal, Capitalist, Constitutional Monarchy, etc.):Federal
Population: 40,000,000
Citizen Moniker: German
DEFCON 3

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:07 pm

The German Region wrote:Official Name of Country:The Republic of the German Region
Head of State: President Nicolas Steiner
Head of Government: Chancellor Hans Ruff
Population: 40,000,000
Citizen Moniker: German

We will unfortunately have to deny your request. Research has indicated that your nation is currently at war, and to prevent discontent among our members, we do not wish to be dragged in. Perhaps after your war is over.
Also Known as Kazmr

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:39 pm

-bump-
Also Known as Kazmr

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:41 pm

OOC: Just wondering, are there any rankings or regions I should know about if I'm a part of this?

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Rhodmhire wrote:OOC: Just wondering, are there any rankings or regions I should know about if I'm a part of this?

ooc: ranks might be made later, but there's no region yet.
Also Known as Kazmr

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:37 pm

United Gordonopia wrote:
Rhodmhire wrote:OOC: Just wondering, are there any rankings or regions I should know about if I'm a part of this?

ooc: ranks might be made later, but there's no region yet.

If there is a region, I might not join it since I'm part of one already.

But I'll consider if you decide to make one.

Thanks for clearing those things up by the way.

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:36 pm

ooc: no problem
Also Known as Kazmr

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:26 pm

-bump-
Also Known as Kazmr

United Gordonopia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:11 am

-bump-
Also Known as Kazmr

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents