NATION

PASSWORD

Seraphim (fantasy RP, OOC & Signups) CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Aona
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Seraphim (fantasy RP, OOC & Signups) CLOSED

Postby Aona » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:44 pm

These are trying times for the lands known as Arcia. The islands were strong, once....proud. The world beyond the islands mattered little, and the Imperial family ruled with a fair hand. The people were diverse, and there was strife, but still they were proud of their home. Proud of the dense forests, filled with monolithic tree-cities. Proud of the snow-capped mountains, and the crisp fish-filled rivers. Arcia was a land of peace, and a land untouched by the outside world. The Empire was happy.

But all that is lost now. The Empire is but a shell of its former self. Its races and cultures, once unified under a single banner, are divided. The Emperor, with his newlywed bride, are ineffective and complacent, and the right to rule is coveted by all. The Gods once prayed to have fallen silent. And the outside world, tired with lack of interference, has made its move. The Dwarves of Valeft, with great arcane weapons and machines, have stormed across the western seaboard, claiming hundreds of miles of land. To retaliate is suicide. To relent is forfeit. Every kingdom must make a choice. Life in Arcia has suddenly become severely complicated.

But the storm is merely beginning. For in the far corners of Arcia, inside the smallest of villages, you hear of a plague. One man tells you of a town where the very buildings have descended to black mud and bile. Another tells of bloody corpses, tar spilling from their wounds, attacking strangers. The rumors and details of the plague vary, but one thing is certain: No one lives to tell its tale. And it is spreading at a dangerous pace.

Gods be with us all.

~A Fantasy Adventure~
IC NO. 1

The Basics
RULES:

• No Godmodding, Metagaming, Cheating of any kind.
  • Respect the OP and Co-OP (Joshulia), Respect each other.
  • No one-liners.
  • Sex is allowed, provided it is vague, and quick.
  • Let me know if you have to leave the RP temporarily or permanently.

WHAT IS THIS?

Seraphim is a fantasy roleplay, that takes place on the island of Arcia. Amidst a power struggle between a tattered empire, new kingdoms, and colonization from a nearby continent, our cast finds themselves in the middle of a land teetering on full-on war.....and a plague that threatens to destroy everything.

This is a military, motley-crew fantasy RP, like the Ocean's 11 of preventing Fantasy World War III. Without reveling anything about its true nature, the Plague will shake the island to its knees, forcing a quarantine, and eventual mass destruction and evil shadowy creatures ooho how spooky

WHO AM I?

You are a wanderer, and an attempted escapee of Arcia. Perhaps you're a noble, paying your way off the island. Or maybea bandit that intimidated your way to a ticket. The options are endless.

The story begins with our heroes boarding a ship meant for the Dwarvish continent. What happens next, only time will tell...

ARCIA

Arcia is a large island(s), hundreds of miles away from the nearest continent. It has functioned with outside awareness, but little support for centuries. It is home to a diverse range of species and flora.

Recently, Arcia has become a target for colonization by the Dwarvish nation of Valeft, due to its massive lumber abundance, fish, furs, land, and untapped magical potency. This has sparked controversy between the current nations residing on Arcia.

IT'S THE MAP OF THE ISLANDS WOW
Cassians
The Cassians are the remnants of the Imperial Cassian Empire of Arcia, which ruled the majority of the island for centuries. They have lost much of their influence over the years, due to incompetency, corruption, and affluenza, and are struggling to bounce back. They claim utter dominion over the island by right, which has led to violent skirmishes with the Kingdom of Shannar. Additionally, the Cassians support and trade with the colonists, causing more strife between other nations on the island. However, despite its scrambling to relive the old days of glorious conquest, the Cassians are the closest thing to an empire left.

Population: Humans, Faun, Dwarves, Centaurs

Tribelands
The Chaand have long been a divided people. Persecution and cultural decay led many Chaand astray in the days of the empire, leading them to behave like the Small Ones. However, the fracturing of the empire was seen as an opportunity by the traditional Tribal leaders of the Chaand race, who unified into a confederacy for the first time in their race's history to create the Chaand Tribelands, a secular nation composed of dozens of Chaandish tribes. This nation refuses most all outside trade and help, insisting on maintaining the old way of life (hunting for your own food and praising gods, not goods), and is vehemently opposed to the Dwarvish colony. They loosely support Shannar in their conflict against the Cassians, due to the Chaandish Shannar population.

Population: Chaand

Shannar
Shannar is a Kingdom of the people, designed and created to correct the mistakes that led the previous empire to ruin. Shannar has enjoyed a comfortable, but slow rise in prosperity, and despite suffering hardship, shows signs of improvement. They are an aggressive, violent, honor-bound people, who despise the Dwarves and wish to drive them from the land with force. They believe themselves to be destined for the imperial throne, and seek to dethrone the vice-filled Emporer.

Population: Human, Elf, Chaand

Ounda Uitse
Less a kingdom than a collection of city-states, Ounda Uitse was created as a haven for the beasts of the North, deep in the Monolith Forests. The population is neutral to any and all conflicts, and simply wish to be left alone. Here, Faun tend to their more feral Centaur brethren, and ensure that their voice as united races are heard, as well as the voice of the wild. It is this nation that all Faun originate, and all Faun hold deep love for their homeland. Intensely in tune with the Gods, Ounda Uitse is a place far from war and plague.

Population: Faun, Centaur

Riokkos
Created as a refugeedom by exiled werewolves and other afflicted creatures, Riokkos is a nation of passion, money, and coercion. Their vices are their virtues, however, and Riokkos serves as the busiest and most financially stable territory. They remain neutral in both conflicts, enjoying business from all sides.

Population: Human, Faun, Elf, Chaand, Dwarf

Arumekh
A kingdom of elves, deceptively powerful and dangerously quiet. Slowly acquiring more land, and very few move in or out. Standard of living seems tolerable, but numbers are not certain.

Population: Elves, Faun

Gwynierve:
A small kingdom, Gwynierve is dedicated to the Goddess of Order, Predation, and the Night. The nation is deeply rooted in religious history, which controls their morals, politics, and day-to-day life. Here, it is survival of the fittest, and only the true predators enjoy the fruits of victory. Despite this, however, Gwynierve is deeply cultured and peaceful, remaining neutral in all conflicts.

Population: Humans, Elves, Faun

The Baltblacks
A nation of war-torn, angered, battered people. In the days of the Empire, the Baltblacks bred the fiercest navy and most resilient soldiers ever seen. If you can survive life in the simple, unforgiving Baltblacks, nothing can stop you.

Population: Humans

New Valeft
A Dwarvish colony. Cares little for the affairs of the other nations, and sees them as mere inconveniences. Focused on economic prosperity and the status quo. The most advanced, rich, and weaponized nation.

Popoulation: Dwarves

Faun
Faun are bipedal, frail, and agile creatures, that value peace and spirituality. They are the most in-touch with the natural world around them, and make excellent mages and rogues.

Centaurs
Centaurs, much like Faun, are deeply spiritual and value nature and their place in the Wild. However, unlike the Faun, Centaurs are feral, unorganized, and prone to violence. A vast majority are incredibly suspicious and untrusting of any and all outside races, save for the Faun. This results in little interaction between Centaurs and other races. Befriend one, however, and they can be a powerful fighting force.

Elves
Standard fare here. Elves are elves :P

Dwarves
Dwarves are a technologically superior race, native to the continent nearby. Their empire has begun colonization across the world, rapidly consuming resources for the Fatherland.

Chaand
The Chaand went by no universal name until discovered by humans, who called them "Giants". Linguistically unable to pronounce the word, "Chaand" was born. The Chaand are a traditional people, believing in the hunt, the value of the community over the individual, and the importance of specialization. Each Chaand is born anonymously, and then separated into 1 of 9 Tribes, where their destiny will be determined. Chaand are relatively rare to see the farther away from the Tribelands you are, but many wander the Wilderness alone, until their "Hunting Partner" (The equivalent of a lover, parent, and best friend combined) is found.

The Application
Code: Select all
Name:
Appearance:
Race or Nationality:
Personality:
Class:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Equipment/Spells (If Applicable):
Bio:
RP Example:

What this Means:
Name: Obvious. Make sure it fits with what culture you're in.
Appearance: Pictures are preferred, but if you wish to describe them instead, go for it. It would be best in a Chaand's case, anyway.
Race or Nationality: Where your character is from, and what race are they?
Personality: Adjectives only will not work. Be descriptive!
Class: What your character is. Are they a Spy? Archer? Knight? Other?
Strengths: What is your character good at?
Weaknesses: These should be good weaknesses and flaws, not bad ones. There is such a thing as having too few weaknesses.
Equipment/Spells (If Applicable): What they're carrying, and if they're a mage, what spells they can do.
Bio: Their life so far.
RP Example: Links to what else you've done.

My App:
Name: Ayna Rillina Orynway
Appearance: wowzers
Race or Nationality: Human, Gwynierve
Personality: Ayna is young, naive, and determined to make her mark on the world. Years of training and education have trained her to be studious and curious, and devoutly religious. Eager to explore the world, and to make her mark as a warrior, Ayna tends to be reserved and quiet, preferring to listen than act. She thoroughly enjoys a fight, to the point of near-bloodlust mid-battle. She also is obsessed with animals, especially with Axtus, her hawk. However, when not in a 'hunt', Ayna is a quiet, bubbly young girl, eager to see the world.
Class: Avenger (Broadsword-wielding rogue) Subclass: Falconeer
Strengths: Agile, Dexterous fighter, Knowledgeable in survival skills, Hawk
Weaknesses: Naive, inexperienced, fragile
Equipment/Spells (If Applicable): Armor, Gwyniervian broadsword, Hawk Food and Armor. May have spells at a later date.
Bio: Ayna was born into the Nygi Order, a knighthood devoted to training children into knights from birth. Ayna lived a prestigious life inside Gwynierve, training as a knight and playing with fellow students. At age 12, she began training under a Falconeer, who taught her the ways of the winged hunt. At age 16, she graduated at the top of her class, and after working for three years in Gwynierve, she received approval from the court to explore new lands, and spread the words of the Court.
RP Example: N/A
Last edited by Aona on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
:^)

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

EXTENDED NOTES & ADDITIONS

Postby Aona » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:45 pm

The Accepted Cast

~Ayna Rillina Orynway- Human Falconer played by Aona
~Alexander d'Autriche- Human Bard created by Woodstovia
~Ragnar Meran- Human Warrior portrayed by Dukats
~Shimazaki Haruna- Human Swordsaint living bicariously through Relikai
~Attawai Cantarus- Human Harbinger, otherwise known as Joshulia
~Defur- Chaand Monk, adapted for the screen by Shadowwell
~Lykourgos- Elf Druid, conjured up by Malshan
~Azhiaka Kanna- Human Swashbuckler, coughed up by Aona
~Kyalarpth- Human Cursed, having a bad time via The Hobbesian Metaphysician
~Daud- Human Fencer, observing the cast through Sindrya
~Lykourgos- Elf Mage, spawned from the hippocampus of Malshan
~Aster Halfborn- Elf Dragon, created for DeviantArt by Illan
~Togaru Yoshida- Human Ronin, beatboxed into existence by Parcia
~Shiala- Centaur Mage, freshly pressed by Taigawa
~Vercon Friest, cruelin' all over the place with Osnil
Last edited by Aona on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

United States of Natan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Natan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Soooo... this is basically skyrim?
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region, a fun, democratic region|Biden/Harris 2020|
Liberal|Progressive|Hillary Supporter|Jew|Pro-Israel|Anti-Trump|Anti-Sanders|Anti-Bigotry

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:50 pm

United States of Natan wrote:Soooo... this is basically skyrim?

Not really at all, no. The story is gonna be vastly different.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Aona wrote:
United States of Natan wrote:Soooo... this is basically skyrim?

Not really at all, no. The story is gonna be vastly different.

Plus the biomes arent exclusively snow and pain
I'm a Tired Old Man with Liberal Ideas and a Raging Jew Fro

Plus I Know Aona's Real Name, HMU

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:54 pm

Obvious tag :3
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Illan wrote:Obvious tag :3

Babe!

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:34 pm

Tag.
...!?!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Illan wrote:Obvious tag :3

Babe!

YOU.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:12 pm

Illan wrote:
Joshulia wrote:Babe!

YOU.

Me!...?

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Joshulia wrote:
Illan wrote:
YOU.

Me!...?

No, the guy behind you.
Above even The Boss

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:17 pm

Serious question: Do Faun have hooves? Because that's kind of a game changer for me if they do.
Above even The Boss

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Illan wrote:Serious question: Do Faun have hooves? Because that's kind of a game changer for me if they do.

Yes sir, but they arent as small as normal deer's.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Aona wrote:
Illan wrote:Serious question: Do Faun have hooves? Because that's kind of a game changer for me if they do.

Yes sir, but they arent as small as normal deer's.

Aww, boo. Elf it is.
Above even The Boss

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Could i make a knight who was metal limbs.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Tag bomb
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Rygondria wrote:Could i make a knight who was metal limbs.

Depending on their origin......yes

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Sounds a bit like Dishonored, what's with the plague and the governing power being ineffective.

Me likey.

Tags deployed.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:30 pm

I'll fill up my app in either 24 or 48 hours, currently going to assemble a new PC, and there's D&D tomorrow.

Where would be a good nation for a Japanese themed character?
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:49 pm

What are the dwarves and elves like culturally?
Signatures are so 2014.

Joshulia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Joshulia » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:29 pm

Relikai wrote:I'll fill up my app in either 24 or 48 hours, currently going to assemble a new PC, and there's D&D tomorrow.

The nation's on the island are sort of themed after colonizing powers of the 1700s so anyone local probably isn't a good fit. The world is up to expansion though.

Utceforp wrote:What are the dwarves and elves like culturally?

The Dwarves are essentially England in the 1700s, Brutal and committed to expansion, and the eleves are natives to the island. Imagine the native Americans of colonial America only.....Magic.

Aona
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aona » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:30 pm

Relikai wrote:I'll fill up my app in either 24 or 48 hours, currently going to assemble a new PC, and there's D&D tomorrow.

Shannar would be a good choice, imo.

Utceforp wrote:What are the dwarves and elves like culturally?

Culturally, elves are rather authoritarian, with every decision they make being for the state. This is more pronounced in Arumekh lands, but even citizens in other nations tend to be quite conservative, honor-bound, and dutiful. They value handmade everything, particularly any type of thick cloaks or outerwear.

The best comparison for the dwarves would be Portugal in the Colonization era. They are from a relatively standard nation back home, which is renowned for advanced scientific and political advancements. The colony dwarves are most entrepreneurs, document-makers, politicians, or those looking to get away from the main continent for whatever reason. The culture of the colony is an amalgamation of these roles.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Yeah with all the Imperial and description I was wondering that.l :P

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:13 am

I thought the Dwarves would be more like Germany, what's with the Fatherland and all.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:00 am

Name: Shimazaki Haruna
Appearance: Shimazaki Haruna
Race or Nationality: Human, Shannar.
Personality: Haruna is a determined, disciplined individual who's devout to the holy orders of Shannar. Caring and strict to her peers and juniors, Haruna has always placed her duties above her self. Quiet, but not to be confused as introverted, Haruna usually stays quiet as she prefers to observe and profile the speakers.
Class: Sword Saint, [Subclass - Shrine Maiden]
Strengths: Dexterous, Skilled fighter with all blades, Good archer, Independent, Brave, Loyal, Discerning, Good Weaponsmith.
Weaknesses: Shy, Cannot take Alcohol, Reckless at times, Doesn't like to lead.
Equipment/Spells (If Applicable):
Twin Katanas (Kenzen).
Shortbow.
Clothes, rations, adventuring tools.

Magic
- Haruna knows minor healing magic, or could sacrifice some of her stamina to heal potentially fatal wounds of one person, which would drain her of stamina for several days.
- Haruna has an ability to channel the magic flowing in her veins to augment her speed, strength and perception when she is in an urgent situation. Her eyes will glow silver, allowing her to move and strike several times quicker than her normal self. This mode puts a heavy strain on her endurance, therefore even if she has the ability to use it at will, it would be foolish to. The form is known as the Yukikaze.

Bio: The orphaned Shimazaki Haruna has spent years training as a Shrine Maiden, as well as being a warrior priestess devoted to the Katana, the sword of the Shannar. Spending her years being a hunter and bodyguard for many caravans, Haruna was an esteemed member of the Oyakoko Shrine, one of the more promising warrior maidens to graduate. Haruna spent her days training in holy rituals, understanding healing magics as well as allowing the natural flow of magic in the environment to empower her self, sending her into a warrior trance and making that petite shine maiden much more deadlier than she looks.

Also a competent blacksmith, Haruna created her twin katanas with her own hands, purifying the metals and cleansing them with her blood. Her usage of swords and bows served her well, and she also provided plenty of repairing for weapons and armour.

Recently, Haruna found out that her clan masters has betrothed her to an heir of one of Shannar's warrior clans, the ambitious sons who demand shrine maidens as trophy wives. Refusing to bow down to such a fate, Haruna took as much of her equipment as she could before escaping into foreign lands. Soon, it would be up to her to decide her fate.
RP Example:
Last edited by Relikai on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse