NATION

PASSWORD

Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Submarine (SSK/P)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
United States of PA
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Submarine (SSK/P)

Postby United States of PA » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:03 am

Tecumseh Class Diesel-Electric Attack Submarine (SSK)

Type: Diesel Electric Attack Submarine
Displacement Surfaced: 1,750 tonnes
Displacement submerged: 2,130 tonnes
Length: 60m
Beam: 7m
Propulsion: 3x Diesels (5,000hp), 2 HDW/Siemens PEM fuel cells 120 kW, 1 Siemens Permasyn electric motor 1700 kW, 1x 7 bladed Pumpjet
Speed surfaced: 12 knots (burst), 9 knots (sustained)
Speed submerged: 25+ knots (burst), 20+ knots (sustained)
Range: 30,000km unrefueled
Test depth: 250m (operational) 400m(crush)
Max endurance(Electric motors): 150 minutes full speed, 110 hours at 3 knots
Hull construction:
Single hulled Titanium, HY-80 or HY-100 Steel construction. Pressure hull is further subdivided into 2 watertight sections (Engineering and forward). Outer hull maintains a 120mm thick rubber anechoic tile coating.
Crew compliment: 35 crew + 10 additional
Armament: 8 660mm Torpedo Tubes with 16 reloads
Countermeasures: 60 127mm Noisemakers, Advanced Electromagnetic Signature Reduction System
Sensors
PAC11 Passive/Active Sonar Array
PAC11 Towed Array
PAC11 Passive Mast Mounted Search Radar
PAC11 Active Mast Mounted Search Radar
PSC11 Telescoping Photonic Masts
Cost-700 million USD

The Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Submarine (SSK) was a design that was committed too as a export venture by the Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation, in a attempt by it to allow it to gain a foothold, no matter how small or big, in the Submarine Construction and Export market. The Submarine was directly based off of the German Built and Israeli used Dolphin Class Diesel Attack Submarine, with some influences from the last Diesel Attack Submarines the Americans ever built, the Barbel Class.

Armament and Electronics

The main and only armament of the Tecumseh class is its eight 660mm torpedo tubes, capable of firing torpedoes such as the American Mk48 ADCAP, or Missiles such as the UGM-109 Tomahawk and UGM-84 Harpoon. The choice to equip the submarine with 660mm torpedo tubes was made in order to allow for the submarine to have an ability to carry armaments that might differ in size from the torpedoes and missiles most would think of immediately that nations would use, such as the Mk48 and the UGM-84.

The electronics on the submarine are largely the same as found some Pennsylvanian Navy submarines, such as the Williamson Class Nuclear Missile Submarine (SSMN). This includes the same Photonic Mast and the same Sonar Systems, and a similar, but somewhat more compact version of the Radar mast, with a shorter effective range, accounting for the significant difference in size between the Williamson Class and the Tecumseh Class.

The vessel does not utilize a conventional periscope for the Captain or other officers to use in order to identify a vessel. It instead utilizes a Photonic Mast to transmit a digital image of the target from the Mast to a series of High Definition monitors around the control room of the submarine.
A photonics mast (or optronic mast) is a sensor similar in concept to a submarine periscope, except that it doesn't require a periscope tube thus freeing design space during construction and limiting risks of water leakage in the event of damage. A photonics mast replaces the mechanical; line-of-sight viewing system with digital equipment, similar to a digital camera array, and it has fewer locational and dimensional constraints than a traditional periscope.
Unlike a periscope, it need not be located directly above its user, and it requires only a small pressure hull penetration for cabling. This allows the photonics mast to be contained entirely within the sail of the submarine and means the control room need not be placed directly below the sail.
A photonics mast operates by rising above the water similarly to a telescoping car antenna and provides information through an array of sensors, such as high definition low-light and thermo graphic cameras. Images and information can be sent to display panels for analysis. The photonics mast can also support the navigation, electronic warfare, and communications functions of a conventional optical periscope mast.

The submarine utilizes a bow mounted Active and Passive Sonar system as well as a passive cable towed array system, located on the starboard side of the submarine amidships. The Towed arrays cable is almost a kilometer long, allowing it to get clear of noise from the submarine, and to detect other submarines or even surface ships from long distances. The systems are sensitive enough to pick up sounds more than 500km away, though, at these distances, accuracy is anything but good.

Propulsion

The submarines propulsion is that of a Diesel Electric Mix with an Air Independent Propulsion unit. Air Independent Propulsion (AIP) is a system that allows a Diesel-Electric Attack Submarine to significantly increase its underwater endurance from a few days in older versions of the Diesel Electric Boats, to a few weeks in the newer ones, a ability that previously only existed in Nuclear Powered Attack Submarines (SSN), allowing the Diesel-Electric powered Submarine, to, for the first time, be able to come near matching a Nuclear Powered submarine in endurance on patrol.

The Tecumseh Classes primary mode of propulsion is its 3 Diesel engines, producing a total of 5,000 horsepower, allowing the submarine to, at max power, be driven at over 20 knots submerged, and around 10 knots when surfaced. While the diesel is the primary mode of power for the submarine, the submarine is designed to use its batteries, with a lifespan of up to 110 hours at 3 knots, when it is submerged. In addition to its batteries, the submarine AIP, using the same systems for it as the German U-212A Class of Diesel Electric Attack Submarines, further increasing its underwater endurance, allowing it to come close to matching a Nuclear Powered boat in endurance.

The submarine can operate at high speed on diesel power or switch to the AIP system for silent slow cruising, staying submerged for up to three weeks without surfacing and with no exhaust heat. The system is also said to be vibration-free, extremely quiet and virtually undetectable.

Hull Construction

The submarine is made of an all titanium (Or HY-80 or HY-100 Steel, if requested) single hull construction split into 2 different compartments, Engineering and Forward. The choice of titanium was made in order to try to increase the submarines dive capability, in the event that any user of the vessel would use it in a blue water environment as well. While this would result in a increase of overall price for the submarine, it was decided that the extra cost thereof, would be worth it if the submarine were to prove to be any sort of an export success.

Export

The exportation of the Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack submarine will be provided for on a largely non-biased basis, provided you are not at war with the Republic of Pennsylvania or any of the Republics good allies, or that are distinct enemies of the Republic. All nations will receive the Tecumseh Class as the price of $700mn per boat, with Domestic Production Rights for close nations only going for the price of $1 trillion (assuming a production run of just short of 1,500 vessels). Contracts are also open for use, in which the buyer will pay $680mn-$690mn per boat to be manufactored en masse by Pennsylvanian Shipbuilders at a discount.

Single Vessel-$700 million
Domestic Production Rights(Restricted): $1 trillion
Production contract: $680 million to $690 million per vessel.
Last edited by United States of PA on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Tarsas
Minister

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tarsas » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:40 am

TO: USPA

The empire is unsure if we are currently enemies, but we show interest in your submarine. Domestic production rights to the tune of 1,000,000,000,000 NSD (5,000,000,000 harkans) is what we are requesting. Tarsas has not always had the best relations with the Republic, so if our order is denied, we do understand your basis.

Signed
Grand-Admiral Edward Balador
Command of the Imperial Navy

Falkasia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Falkasia » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:21 am

OOC: Hey US. This for current MT, or mid-era MT? I can't tell. Otherwise, I'd buy a few.
Universal Defense Consolidated Storefront
Dramatis Personae
Just for the record; I'm colorblind to Yellow
Falkasia is ranked 1st in the region and 1st in the world for Most Awesome Nations.

Rich and Corporations
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rich and Corporations » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:24 pm

The Corporate Confederacy of Rich and Corporations wants to buy 250 Tecumseh Class Submarines for $170 billion.
Corporate Confederacy
DEFENSE ALERT LEVEL
PEACE WAR

Factbook [url=iiwiki.com/wiki/Corporate_Confederacy]Wiki Article[/url]
Neptonia

Nachmere
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nachmere » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:33 pm

To: Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation

The NAF has a current fleet of 200 diesel electric submarines. We are now looking to replace these older submarines with a new model. We find that the Tecumseh Clas is quite satisfactory and well priced. The JGHQ has allocated funds for not only the replacement of the current fleet, but also for expanding it. We wish to purchase:

230XTecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Submarines

The total price of this purchase is 161,000,000,000 USD. If possible we would like to arrange a 5 year payment and delivery program, with each yearly payment being 32,200,000,000 USD. Please let us know if this is accetable.

Thank you for your time,
General Gil Tworivers,
Commanding Officer-NAF JGHQ Force Development and Structuring Division

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Minnysota will take 230 Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Subs. The order will come to 161 billion USD.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:38 pm

TO: Tarsas

We have received your request for Domestic Production Rights for the Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Submarine, and regret to inform you that your order has been denied. The reasons should be obvious.

TO:Rich and Corporation

Your order has been approved at the cost of $175 billion, not $170 billion. Production of the Submarines will commence immediately, and we estimate that all of the vessels will be completed and delivered within 6-7 years. We hope that these submarines serve your navy well, and hope to do business with you again in the future. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed.

TO: Nachmere

We have received your request for 230 Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Submarine, and are pleased to announce that your order has been approved at the stated price of $161 billion, as well as your proposed payment and delivery plan, with $32.2 billion being delivered each year, in exchange for, pending no issues, 46 submarines delivered per year. We hope that these submarines serve your navy well, and hope to do further business with you in the future. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed.

TO: Minnysota

We have received your request for 230 Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Submarines, and are pleased to announce that your order has been approved, for the stated price of $161 billion. We anticipate, that, given no issues, all of the submarines will be produced and delivered within 8 years. We hope that these submarines serve you well, and hope to do further business with you in the future. If you have any further requests or queries, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed.

@Falk
((Its any MT past 2000, as it was made with a combination of technology from USS North Dakota, USS Barbel, The Israeli Dolphin Class, and the German U212A))
Last edited by United States of PA on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In other words, conservatives are generous with their own money, and liberals are generous with other peoples money.
"I object and take exception to everyone saying that Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money." ~ Unknown
"See, it doesn't matter how many people you have, how old your civilization is, or any such tripe. We're still the by-God US of A and we will seriously bitch slap you so hard your ancestors going back millenia will feel it if you piss us off."

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:43 pm

The money has been wired.

OOC- about how long IRL is 8 years? :P
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:50 pm

((8 days))

Imbrinium
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Imbrinium » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:02 pm

To: USPA

The RIN would like to repeat the purchase of the following Ships to add to the explanation of our blue water naval forces. All funds will be transferred on confirmation of order.

The DPRs for the Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Submarine (SSK)

Total: 1 trillion dollars
When I was young I used to pray for a bike, then I realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.
"Deus vult" is Latin for "God wills it" and it was the cry of the people at the declaration of the First Crusade by Pope Urban II at the Council of Clermont in 1095.
#MAGA, WWG1WGA , Q

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:30 pm

To: Imbrinium

We have received your request for the Domestic Production Rights to the Tecumseh Class Diesel Electric Attack Submarine, at the stated price of $1 trillion, and are pleased to inform you that your request has been approved. The appropriate information for you to begin producing these vessels yourself will be wired as soon as payment is received. We hope that these vessels serve your navy well. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them, and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:21 pm

To: Philadelphia Shipbuilding Corporation

Finding ourselves in need of an SSK, we are requesting DPRs to the Tecumseh class SSK. One trillion standard dollars has been wired to your accounts in order to fund this purchase. We look forward to hearing from you.

Signed,

Andrew Stinson
President
Free Republic of Lamoni
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

United States of PA
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby United States of PA » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:42 pm

To: Lamoni

We have received your request for Domestic Production Rights to the Tecumseh Class Diesel-Electric Attack Submarine, at the stated price of $1 trillion. We are very pleased to announce that your order has been approved, and that the related information regarding production of the submarine, to your Navy. We hope that these submarines serve your navy well, as a Strong Navy for you is beneficial to the both of our nations. If you have any further queries or requests, feel free to lodge them and we will do our utmost to answer or achieve them. Godspeed friends.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade