NATION

PASSWORD

2015 BEST of P2TM AWARDS NOMINATION THREAD

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:Maybe we need to do some advertising for this? It seems awfully quiet and dead.

Agreed.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:45 pm

Of the Quendi wrote:Maybe we need to do some advertising for this? It seems awfully quiet and dead.

It might help if people spread the word in their own groups.

We haven't had many nominations come in. My own are still pending while I hunt down links. Should have them up by this weekend.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:14 am

#2015NomNom

PLEASE DO NOT SPOILER NOMINATION FORMS

CATEGORY: Roleplayer
This category reflects the roleplayer, not the role play game. You may not nominate yourself.

Best Role Player By Genre
You must include a link to applicable examples to support your nomination.
  • Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy: The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness. Good fantasy writer, have been a long-term admirer of their TES play. Example one. Example two.
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP: I haven't been in many nation RPs, and yet I still find this a difficult choice. Going with Liecthenbourg. I was very impressed by their high-quality posts as the period's hyper power, examples here and here.
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:

Best Worldbuilder: (link example/s)
Best OP/GM: (link RP/s)
Most Involved in P2TM: (describe)
Funniest RP'er: (describe)
Most Improved RP'er: (describe)
Best Writer (The "Novelist" Award): (link examples)

CATEGORY: Roleplay
This is for the the actual Role Play Game. You may link your own games. All nominations must have a link to both the IC and OOC threads.

Best Genre RP
Best Lore/Worldbuilding RP:
Best RP Series:
Most Creative or Original RP Idea:
Best OOC Thread: Arnoria's Game of Thrones: Conqest. Well formatted, game play explained with examples (and with some rules created for manpower, upkeep, as well as a marketplace). Rules are clear, an insane amount of factions outlined, OP made improvements over time in response to feedback, and regularly added polls for players.

CATEGORY: Character
Most Fleshed-Out/Rounded Character: (Link to applicable examples, Character Sheets etc)
Funniest Character: (Links or explain why)
Most Original Character: (Character Sheet or other details supporting this)
Best Character Death: (IC Post Link/s)

CATEGORY: Scene
A scene is a part of a story, a glimpse into that story which takes places in the same immediate setting. Scenes take place as players post. You can have as few as two players contributing; it can be as short as 2 posts, or as many as 20. Please note: one-liner banter (as commonly found in F7) does not qualify. Sorry. Links to actual posts are required here.
Best Action or "Fight or Flight" Scene:
Best Comedy Scene:
Best Heartwarming/Tear-Jerker Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

CATEGORY: Single Post
Nominations must contain links to the actual post.
Best Comedy Scene:
Best Heartwarming/Tear-Jerker Scene: Elfen High's last post.
Best Horror Scene: Greater Istanistan's effort in Mass Effect Factions describing the fall of Earth as well as introducing their own monstrosity.
Best Romantic Scene:

CATEGORY: Collaborated Post
A collaborated posts is one done by two or more players using Google Docs or TG or other features. Collaborated posts are normally posted by a single player but credit all authors. Collaborate posts should flow smoothly as a solid piece of work rather than disjointed one-liners thrown together. Nominations must contain links to the actual post.
Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:46 pm

As of this, we've only got 7 votes... is that enough to run the awards at all?

#2015NomNom

This category reflects the roleplayer, not the role play game. You may not nominate yourself.

• Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP: Too many for this category, not enough for the other ones :/ I'll come back to this section
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:

Best Worldbuilder:
Best OP/GM:
Most Involved in P2TM:
Funniest RP'er: Finland SSR, your barbarianity is amusing to me
Most Improved RP'er:
Best Writer (The "Novelist" Award):

This is for the the actual Role Play Game. You may link your own games. All nominations must have a link to both the IC and OOC threads.

Best Genre RP
  • Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP: Tales of Two Horizons; OOC, IC
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:
Best RP Series:
Best OOC Thread: New Imperialism 2; here, yes I know it's mine :p but it incorporated a lot of the things that Bujahla came up with before he left, and I daresay Neo-Assyrian Empire too. And, of course, there were the mapmakers and whatnot who helped a great deal.

Most Fleshed-Out/Rounded Character:
Most Original Character:
Best Character Death: Wolf Wolfson also info. Not really a character RPer, but this does come back to me as well written.

A scene is a part of a story, a glimpse into that story which takes places in the same immediate setting. Scenes take place as players post. You can have as few as two players contributing; it can be as short as 2 posts, or as many as 20. Please note: one-liner banter (as commonly found in F7) does not qualify. Sorry. Links to actual posts are required here.
Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene: da It's not so much the romance so much as just the reality and vividness of the characters and their interaction; I would put it under heartwarming if that wasn't combined with tear-jerker.

A collaborated posts is one done by two or more players using Google Docs or TG or other features. Collaborated posts are normally posted by a single player but credit all authors. Collaborate posts should flow smoothly as a solid piece of work rather than disjointed one-liners thrown together. Nominations must contain links to the actual post.
Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Last edited by Alleniana on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:20 pm

I'm just gonna post this before I forget. I may update it tomorrow.

#2015NomNom

• Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:

Best Worldbuilder: Agritum has done incredible work with World on Fire. WoF takes place during WWII, in a world inhabited by fantastical beings such as vampires, werewolves, mages, and witches. The backstory is well-developed, and the roles of the occult peoples and their relationships with the mundane powers and with each other are well fleshed out. He allowed the RPers to interpret and develop the lore in their own posts, but the RPers were given a solid footing on which to base their characters.
Best Writer (The "Novelist" Award): Occupied Deutschland crafts incredibly well-written backstory/flashback posts to add depth and complexity to his characters and develop relevant aspects of the character's character; the reader often finds themself emotionally stricken, and develops a better understanding of the character as a whole. In this post, from Stairway to Heaven of early 2015, he writes as Claire, a psychopathic murderess trekking through hell alongside several other souls and demons. The most notable part of the post is the flashback, in the spoiler at the bottom of the post. In it, Claire murders her boyfriend and his servants in cold blood, then manipulates his family into thinking that the perpetrator was someone else and that she was raped. Ostensibly, she does this for her own amusement. OD clearly put effort into trying to think like a psychopathic murderer for the sake of the post, and I would argue that he succeeded. The flashback is a great example of characterisation. This post, from World on Fire, was written in mid-2015, and offers insight into an important event in the character, Jannie's life -- namely, the event that caused her to lose use of her eye, which is a notable part of her character that is referenced several times. The flashback switches between her perspective and that of the scientist who operated on her eye: she is starved and imprisoned for most of the flashback, and he is having misgivings about his work due to the dubious morals surrounding it. OD manages to emotively convey both Jannie's and the scientist's thoughts and feelings about the situation.

Best Genre RP
  • Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:
Best RP Series:
Best OOC Thread: (Requirements: opening post/s should be informative, explain the game and setting, kept up to date, nicely formatted, etc)

Most Fleshed-Out/Rounded Character: (Link to applicable examples, Character Sheets etc)

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:23 am

:/ a day before deadline, and we have 1 vote in comedy RPer, 1 vote in crime RPer, 5 in fantasy, 2 in horror/thriller, 0 in life-based, 0 in mystery, 3 in nation, 0 in romance, 3 for school-based, 1 for science-fiction, 2 for war and 2 for misc. Half our categories have zero or one nomination. How are we going to do this?

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:35 am

I'm just going to nominate people that I know in P2TM. Updates may be implemented later today.

#2015NomNom

• Comedy:

• Crime:

• Fantasy:

• Horror/Thriller:

• Life-Based:

• Mystery:

• Nation RP:

• Romance:

• School-based:

• Science Fiction:

• War:

• Misc Genre:

Most Improved RP'er: (describe) Sonitusia. His first ever IC post, 5 months later

Best Genre RP

• Comedy:

• Crime:

• Fantasy:

• Horror/Thriller:

• Life-Based:

• Mystery:

• Nation RP:

• Romance:

• School-based: In Memorial of the Fallen (IC, OOC) This one I should say I'm really proud of because it was able to persist for as long as it has now, able to be active longer than previous RWBY RPs made here. I think what made it last so long was that we were able to make things happen, often things that would maintain our interest on this RP. I am hoping that this will be able to continue.

• Science Fiction:

• War:

• Misc Genre: Edwin's Home for the Extraordinarily Gifted (IC, OOC) This, Shyluz's best work, is deserving of a nomination since the participants managed to successfully give off a slice-of-life feel that I seem not to feel in other slice-of-life RPs.
    Best RP Series:
    Most Creative or Original RP Idea: Azura Skies: From Dust by Cerrania. MY GAWD. That is all I can say about this RP idea. I say that Cerr does a great job at making a sci-fi alien invasion RP. While it does fit the general overarching theme of a resistance against a foreign power, in this case aliens, it should be noted that I haven't come across any RP that has aliens be friendly to Earth for a while until they have ascertained that Earth was willing to welcome them with open arms. I was a bit sad when this RP didn't take off.
    Best OOC Thread: Personification Life. Incredibly detailed because of how long this RP series has been going (and by consequence how much worldbuilding was done by the participants), very nicely formatted and organized, incorporates a lot of themes from a plethora of genres and existing franchises and mixes them together into something very interesting, honestly. There is no way I would ever come up with this much stuff put together.

Best Comedy Scene:
   Best Horror Scene:
   Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
   Best Heartwarming/Tear-Jerker Scene: Neo ORB's post actually made me cry, and that may probably be the only post I have ever read in NS so far that made me shed tears. Even though the character was actually saying that just to fit the sad mood that was brought on, the things that she said made me think that she was genuine about her feelings.
   Best Horror Scene:
   Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
   Best Horror Scene:
   Best Romantic Scene:

Last edited by Stormwrath on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:59 am

Alleniana wrote::/ a day before deadline, and we have 1 vote in comedy RPer, 1 vote in crime RPer, 5 in fantasy, 2 in horror/thriller, 0 in life-based, 0 in mystery, 3 in nation, 0 in romance, 3 for school-based, 1 for science-fiction, 2 for war and 2 for misc. Half our categories have zero or one nomination. How are we going to do this?

All zero nominations automatically include me. :P
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:05 am

Finland SSR wrote:
Alleniana wrote::/ a day before deadline, and we have 1 vote in comedy RPer, 1 vote in crime RPer, 5 in fantasy, 2 in horror/thriller, 0 in life-based, 0 in mystery, 3 in nation, 0 in romance, 3 for school-based, 1 for science-fiction, 2 for war and 2 for misc. Half our categories have zero or one nomination. How are we going to do this?

All zero nominations automatically include me. :P

reaped by the Fin Reaper :P

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:10 am

Alleniana wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:All zero nominations automatically include me. :P

reaped by the Fin Reaper :P

10/10 will reap in
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:37 am

I'll see if I manage to pick out some people in particular with corresponding links to excellent posts. Same for scenes/posts/collabs, though I highly doubt I'll manage to get those filled in.

#2015NomNom

• Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:

Best Genre RP
  • Comedy: -
  • Crime: Likely Lads OOC. Wew. Lots of detail, all of it pretty good as well. Great posts, and stories told (as well as planned, from what I've gathered). Also, Crime is apparently now no longer Cylarn's monoploy.
  • Fantasy: The Elder Scrolls Ascension OOC. Nominating my own RP feels pretty awkward and a bit 'wrong', but, for me, it's the RP of 2015, and I'm absolutely surprised by the dedication of people to it, both on the IC and the OOC community. If any one of you reads this (probably not, considering I've linked to this thread way too much and nobody's even left a post here yet), keep on going as you were.
  • Horror/Thriller: -
  • Life-Based: -
  • Mystery: -
  • Nation RP: I have no idea what to put here - I don't really follow Nation RPs and have hardly any knowledge on them.
  • Romance: These exist?
  • School-based: EHEG OOC. I hate school-based RPs, and I hate anime. I guess this is still pretty good, though, and better than the others I've seen.
  • Science Fiction: Athena OOC. Great stuff all around. From aliens attacking Earth to great character interactions and fighting rival organizations, quality was all over the place aye.
  • War: World on Fire: Shadow Ops OOC
  • Misc Genre: Infinite Justice: Beyond OOC. There's no category for the insane amount of superhero RPs here on NS, but this one is clearly the best, with intricate storylines/arcs, detailed characters, and overall a lot of effort by the participants.
Best RP Series: Elfen High. Not sure what to put here, really.
Most Creative or Original RP Idea: There's a lot of truly creative stuff out there, but nothing in particular springs to mind as the most creative one.
Best OOC Thread: Game of Thrones: Conquest has some really pretty formatting. Filled with information, which doesn't get into the "wall of text" territory due to excellent use of icons and images, with some beautiful 'banners' marking each subject. The perfect example of what you'd want your OP to look like.

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Icrum
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Icrum » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:34 am

#2015NomNom

• Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:

Best Genre RP
  • Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance:
  • School-based: RWBY: In Memorial of the Fallen OOC. A fun RP with quirky characters and a great setting.
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:
Best RP Series:
Best OOC Thread: (Requirements: opening post/s should be informative, explain the game and setting, kept up to date, nicely formatted, etc)

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Some kind of dessert involving ice cream, hard liquor, and a blow torch
Main wrote:A petition to redesign the flag incites violent riots that eventually destroy the entire nation.

-Ebola- wrote:I don't want to kill you all. I want primates, humans included, to stay around so my descendants will have the same variety of hosts to choose from as I do.

Washington Resistance Army wrote:Not being able to buy an AR most certainly is a travesty.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:48 pm

I've had 4 requests to extend the deadline to tomorrow, 16 January. I'm fine with doing that. Does anyone have objections?
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:49 pm

I don't, but we really shouldn't keep on extending.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:00 pm

I am fine with an extension.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:15 pm

The reasons given by two were "didn't understand UTC", so they thought they had until 6PM EST/3PM Pacific. The other two were "unable to post due to screwed up military transfer" and "saved draft didn't save" (the latter being Cer at 5 AM this morning before work).

I don't mind the extension because the reasons weren't "I forgot".

To make it simple since all four are in the States - they have until midnight on Saturday, EST. I don't see any reason to extend beyond that.
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:The reasons given by two were "didn't understand UTC", so they thought they had until 6PM EST/3PM Pacific. The other two were "unable to post due to screwed up military transfer" and "saved draft didn't save" (the latter being Cer at 5 AM this morning before work).

I don't mind the extension because the reasons weren't "I forgot".

To make it simple since all four are in the States - they have until midnight on Saturday, EST. I don't see any reason to extend beyond that.

Alright, sounds good. If that's the case, I may update my nomination form with a few more things, if that's okay.

Even then, though, I'm not sure we have enough nominations. We'll see. :/

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:00 pm

TriStates wrote:

• Comedy:
  • Crime: Cylarn|
  • Fantasy: Armed Republic of Dutch coolness *insert cookie*|
  • Horror/Thriller: Imperial--japan|
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance:
  • School-based: Shyluz *insert cookie*|
  • Science Fiction: Vancon *insert cookie*|
  • War: Agritum|
  • Misc Genre: Atria|

Best Worldbuilder: (link example/s) Beiarusia|
Most Involved in P2TM: (describe) The Templar High Council|
Best Writer (The "Novelist" Award): Reverend Norv|

Best Genre RP
  • Comedy: Holy High OOC & IC| Not my cup of RP style, but I hear lots of good things from lots of good people, about this little thing. Exploding in popularity out of nowhere, this RP is a diamond in the rough with a story about a school full of teenage deities across the mythology spectrum that promises hilarity by the postful.
  • Crime: The Likely Lads| OOC & IC| Reverend Norv, the writer host with the most, brings to you his latest stroke of creativity to sate the small, but devoted, crime niche of NS. Players are well-know writers of the community, and all posts show it. My only regret, is that it wasn't longer.
  • Fantasy: The Elder Scrolls: Ascension|OOC & IC|Brought to you by the Elder Scroll lore lord Dutch, its an amazing and successful storytelling of a very used fandom. The IC material brought for is on point, and promises a full story for those who join, or just lurk who love a good backseat read.
  • Horror/Thriller: NO MANS LAND: A Survival RP| OOC & IC|
  • Life-Based: The Deep Blue| OOC & [url]IC[/url]|
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP: Mass Effect: Factions| OOC & IC|
  • Romance:
  • School-based: Edwins Home for the Extraordinarily Gifted|OOC & IC
  • Science Fiction: Athena V2: Gods Rising Expansion Pack|OOC & IC
  • War: World on Fire: Shadow Ops| OOC & IC
  • Misc Genre: Infinite Justice: Beyond| OOC & IC
Best Lore/Worldbuilding RP: After World| OOC & IC
Best RP Series: Grim Reaper Academy| OOC & [url]IC[/url]
Most Creative or Original RP Idea: Infinite Justice: Beyond| OOC & IC
Best OOC Thread: Personification Life| OOC & IC

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Altito Asmoro wrote:Still in progress

• Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy: Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness, and his example
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP: Senkaku
  • Romance:
  • School-based: Tristates
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:

Best Genre RP
  • Comedy:
  • Crime: Likely Lads OOC Likely Lads IC. Neo-noir, crime, what's not to miss. A very high-quality crime RP made Reverend Norv and his partners.
  • Fantasy: OOC and IC of World on Fire by Agritum the Italian. It's actually fantasy and horror with WW2 as the setting, but I may as well include it in Fantasy because well...WW2 was horror on earth. High-quality RP, made by one of the best RPe'r over the years, and one of the more-respected ones.
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:Last Long Mile OOC, Last Long Mile IC. One of the best nation RP on 2015, not necessarily the best one, but one of the best. High-quality RP to go.
  • Romance:
  • School-based:
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:
Best RP Series:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

We need links please, Tri-States and Altito. Thanks.
TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:14 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
[/spoiler]

We need links please, Tri-States and Altito. Thanks.[/quote]
Not to be rude, but didn't Altito already link an example for Dutch?
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Sonitusia wrote:Not to be rude, but didn't Altito already link an example for Dutch?

Senkaku and Tri-States are un-exampled.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:41 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Sonitusia wrote:Not to be rude, but didn't Altito already link an example for Dutch?

Senkaku and Tri-States are un-exampled.

Ah right, didn't see that. My bad.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Thanks Swith.

I spent a good week hunting down links and do not have the time to recreate that work. Very disappointed to find the draft didn't save. WIP. Alas, I'm out of time. So many good posts and I don't have the time to hunt them all down again. Apologies.

#2015NomNom

• Comedy:
  • Crime: Reverend Norv transcends mundane to achieve brilliance. Likely Lads
  • Fantasy: Difficult, as I love Starlight's work. However, Krugmar gets the nom this year for outstanding posts such as this.
  • Horror/Thriller: Agritum for WoF: Shadows
  • Life-Based: Not sure how this category runs. I'm going with "realistic approaches to realistic, everyday shit". Giovenith It doesn't matter if she's running a godling, pony or golem. Daily life is daily, and her characters remain grounded in real-world challenges. Basic advice to sound reasoning. She nails it.
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance: Go ahead and kick my ass, Agy, but I'm nominating you for romance. Under your P2TM account, of course: Highfort. Holy shit, I love reading your work
  • School-based: Nightkill the Emperor for ALL of EH. He made my eyes leak.
  • Science Fiction: Three-way tie between Bentus, Cami, and Tilt for Athena work. Bentus gets my nod for stuff like this.
  • War:
  • Misc Genre: G-Tech Corporation for fantastic shit such as this and this.

Best Worldbuilder: (link example/s) Swith Witherward because she built this and, after I scrubbed her entire setting for grins, she put on her snark hat and made this "because fuck you". Aside from that, she teaches worldbuilding one-on-one behind the scenes, and her unacknowledged hand has touched several P2TM RPs.
Most Involved in P2TM: This was difficult. There are so many deserving of this. I'm nominating Swith Witherward however. She's seldom seen in forums but dedicates entirely too much time behind the scenes. Be it coaching young noobs via IRC on the nuances of developing a character, or spending hours of personal time pouring over google documents while helping aspiring OPs learn how to code, she has never pushed away a call for help. She quietly encourages players until they're ready to spread their wings, and never takes any credit for her efforts. Humble. Helpful. A treasure.
Most Improved RP'er: (describe) Tsuyoi tekikoku. From this to this. Tsu's come a long way, and we're proud of her.
Best Writer (The "Novelist" Award): Highfort. His talents range from grimdark to sublime humor to romance. Each offering is always fleshed out regardless of post length. He conveys more than just action or dialog -- he gives us glimpses into his characters' psyches while wrapping the setting around us. Every post is well-crafted with attention paid to not only structure but also towards making the post conform to the scene's flavor. He also drops one-shots in for grins, something we have come to appreciate in our OOC threads. Some examples:
viewtopic.php?p=26099896#p26099896
viewtopic.php?p=23093536#p23093536
viewtopic.php?p=23110049#p23110049
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=300978&p=23191554#p23191554
viewtopic.php?p=24028007#p24028007
viewtopic.php?p=26200039#p26200039

Best Genre RP
Best Lore/Worldbuilding RP: Postapocalyptia, OOC.
Best RP Series: Personification Life (I'm not linking all twenty+ threads here!)
Best OOC Thread: PL OOC XI (Thanks to Swith)

Most Fleshed-Out/Rounded Character: Itum. The character is consistent, and his goals motivate him. Every element of his past is reflected on his present, and have bearing on his future actions. He's balanced nicely, and his creator takes the time to craft Itum's merits and faults into his posts in order to provide us with a very three dimensional being.
Most Original Character: Pippa-Michelle the Golem.
"Pippa-Michelle is a golem made out of paper mache, created by Giovenith to assist her in things that would otherwise require adult supervision. She can be thought of as something of a cross between Barbie and the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz: Doll-like beauty, but with an endearing kind of ignorance and dumbness, and completely adoring and loyal to her little creator. Pippa-Michelle fears becoming useless to Giovenith, and strives to always prove her worth as a golem, sometimes pushing her limited will to impressive feats for what she is. She has made a few friends outside of Gio, mainly Bran, Torii, and her master's pet water bear, Turtleboss, and seems to have a gentle and curious nature.

Because Giovenith comes from a creation goddess, Pippa-Michelle has potential to be turned into a full human (which could explain her unusually high amount of willpower and personality for a golem). However, great efforts are being made on Pearlelei's part to prevent this, as Pippa-Michelle would be a new human with no ancestry (like Pandora or Eve) and could potentially royally screw with the genetics of humanity in unpredictable ways should she mate and pass on progeny. It is a very real possibility that the golem may have to be destroyed. As of yet, Pippa-Michelle is still too dull to fully realize any of this, and has little drive outside of caring for Giovenith."
These tidbits are accurately portrayed in the IC threads, meaning she matches her character sheet flawlessly. The Golem can only speak in phrases from scraps of paper she has consumed, including adverts for soap or song lyrics. It adds another intriguingly fun aspect to the overall concept.
Best Character Death: Hands down, the White Rabbit Suicide(s) for Neste Trilb.

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene: Esma and Temir. Two vastly different religious beliefs and cultures come together as the basis for a beautiful waltz between these characters. The scene stands out to me mainly because it would have been too easy to have them fall into fade-to-black fucking. Instead, we see the intensity of their desire as well as the bitterness of denial.
Preface to the scene for background purposes: begins here with posts between Highfort and Swith as their characters tap dance around the obvious: that they would be better suited with each other rather than remaining loners. Esma's propensity for speaking her mind comes back to haunt Temir, inducing a nightmare that won't die. He seeks Esma out to get his doubts and fears off his chest, only to fall back into more tap dancing. The situation becomes complicated once Max (another of Temir's interests) turns up. The nominated scene begins a page later, here. Please excuse my own character's meddling. He's not important to the scene other than a filler to keep things interesting. The romance remains strictly between the Rom and Tinkerer.

I've taken the liberty of copying the posts here to show not only the content but also how well these two writers work together. No editing by me. It is difficult to see where one writer's post ends and the other begins, so seamless is their craft. The posts go beyond sexual, exploring the emotions of each character as they struggle with matters of faith and integrity.

Esma blushed at Max's compliment. She hadn't intended to be poetic. His insistence that she wasn't too opinionated was met with a soft sigh. Oh, she was indeed too opinionated for her own good, and that fault might have caused Temir pain. Her head lifted to allow her to see Max a bit better in the scant light, and she seconded Temir's offer. "Mm hmm. Come on in."

Temir's reaction after that was puzzling, though. Usually paced in his explanations, he seemed to rattle off his reply more quickly than usual. Surely he wouldn't have invited Max if the man caused Temir to be uneasy. His breathing shifted, and she could feel his body tense next to hers. Her hand sought his chest once more, gingerly touching it to avoid aggravating his burns, and she pressed her cheek against him in an effort to perhaps alleviate his discomfort. It left her following her thoughts once more.

Most clergy or those claiming to belong to cults were like Wrothwild or that silly cultist back at the bar - wiry when not overly large from too many connived meals. Temir was different. She had been pleasantly surprised earlier to discover that his chest muscles reflected a lifetime of hard work. It was... nice.

Despite her best intentions for inviting him to share the bed, she found herself wondering if his entire body were marred by his forge. Her eyes focused on his hands and she noted the callouses adorning them. Rough, attractive hands. Hands that deserved to touch soft things now and then rather than always grasping tools or machines. How nice it would be to have those hands tenderly caress her-

"Oof!"

Max settled onto the bed, pressing her into Temir. His thigh came to rest against her rump and she purred laughter. How many more people could this poor bed hold? The tech-head settled himself and Esma adjusted to accommodate him better. "Thank you for understanding, Max," she murmured in reply to his statement.

His opinion on faith drove her naughty thoughts back although Esma felt her cheeks warm. Here was Temir's opposite, a man that refused to embrace anything spiritual. That was a pity. And yet they were both decent people, Temir and Max. One risked revealing his sexuality to spare another possible arrest. And the other held his wrath to spare the other man's feelings.

"Sexuality is the grandest gift Tengri - or any god - can bestow upon us, Temir. It would be sinful to deny the pleasures of it, and the most sincerest form of worship is to engage it in for the sake of sharing the gift."

The words haunted her especially now. Max could never fathom the depth of that worship, and Temir refused to engage in it. But, as she had also reminded herself earlier that day, she had no intention of destroying Temir's walk with the Kindred Spirit, nor would she seek to convert the tech-head now.

Pity, really. A romp would be fun.

Esma exhaled and forced herself to consider who she was sharing a bed with. Messrs Keep-It-Zipped and Bouncy-Respectful.

Temir's breath hitched in his throat as Esma ran her fingers over his chest - still tender from the healing burns that the doc in the clinic had treated earlier - and pressed her face against him. With Max now occupying the other side of the bed, sandwiching the desert guide between the two men, the tinkerer sensed that he was approaching dangerously-profane territory. He focused on Max's reply and attempted to give one of his own, pitiable as it was for a clergyman - even a former one - of his stature and learning. Anything to keep him off of the impure thoughts dancing at the edge of his mind would be key here.

"The Kindred Spirit insists that we as her followers do likewise," Temir gulped, attempting to modulate his voice even as his fingers went from gently rubbing Esma's shoulder to tracing the sun-burnt and wind-swept lines of her neck, "Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, so long as they are respectful to the Kindred Spirit. Disbelief is not a crime, only insult toward Her and attempts to stop Her Will can be considered truly profane."

And that was what he was doing right now, insulting Her. Not with his words, of course, but the Kindred Spirit was not a fan of people who merely paid her lip-service. Every touch of bare skin between him and Esma, even just the mere running of a finger over her innocent neck, of all places, was a sin in the making. He let out a deep sigh before turning to both of them, his gaze finally breaking from the doorway to actually view both of his evening companions.

It was a mistake, a grave error that the Kindred Spirit would punish him for many, many times over.

Perhaps it was the twilight of the evening or perhaps it was because he was seeking refuge from the thoughts which generated his nightmares, but Temir found both his comrades to be... almost irresistible. Almost. He raised his free hand, which had been propping him up to spare his injured back, to brush a lock of hair from Esma's face. The hand that graced her neck - attached to the arm whose elbow was currently up against Max's chest.

His face flushed and he was suddenly very unhappy that he had removed his mask and left it in the living room with his walking stick and supplies. Without the thin, tight fabric to hide behind, they could see him.

She could see him.

"I-I-I," Temir's voice was small and filled with tremors of uncertainty, "I'm... not... so sure about this. I think... we should..."

He jerked back as though too much contact would burn him and promptly ran a hand over Max's midsection, the free hand that had innocently pushed back a bit of hair brushing against Esma's chest before he could recoil both of them back to him with shame.

"I should... probably go," he sat up in the bed stiffly before offering a morose look to both of them, "I'm... sorry."

Temir's movement caught Esma by surprise, so suddenly did he jerk away. Completely relaxed by his touch just moments prior, she slipped from his chest and arm like a rag doll, and her head struck the headboard. She winced away the sudden explosion of stars, and pressed her hand against the stinging tissue.

"Tengri's ears, Temir!" she blinked away the tears that sprung to her eyes as she sat up next to him. Fuck, it hurt. She withdrew her hand and noted the reddish tinge to her fingertips.

Her cheeks puffed as she exhaled a long breath. It was entirely possible that their proximity, or perhaps Max joining them, had given him reason to pull away. Green eyes bore into his, though there wasn't any anger in her expression as she held his gaze. "Now, I know you're all about the Kindred Spirit. But this is a Rom house and, in a Rom house, it isn't uncommon for people to spend long hours relaxing beside each other while engaged in theological or philosophical debates. If my culture offends you, speak plainly. No one has attempted to stop the Kindred Spirit's will or hurled insult towards her."

She broke eye contact, seeking to look anywhere but at him, but finding herself staring at trembling hands resting in her lap and at her own stained fingertips. Her brows knit together. "You hurt my feelings, not that it matters come the dawn - Tengri forgives and so must I. But you should know that I have no intention of destroying your walk with your Kindred Spirit, if that's what you're thinking, regardless of how attractive I find you. And Max is just sitting here, not even next to you, if you're worried about him hitting on you. And-"

The brows furrowed more tightly and she hiccuped despite her determination to appear calm. "-Would someone please get me a rag from the bathroom before I bleed on the pillows and spread. I' suck when it comes to domestic crap, and it took me uncountable hours at the loom to weave this stuff."

The Rom's murmured gratitude warmed Max's heart. Wasn't often he encountered polite religious. Most were out for his soul. The rest wanted his money. This pair broke the mold. Fuck it. They weren't religious. They were faithful followers. Big difference in Max's book.

"No trouble at all."

He considered rolling onto his side to spoon Esma. Well, no. It didn't count as spooning if some guy's arm was between him and her back. The tech-head adjusted a pillow behind him instead and then allowed his gaze to wander.

The light on the box beyond cast the Tinkerer's profile in silhouette. Nice lines. Cute ears. Not that the ears were in profile. Max had noticed them earlier. He preferred Esma's nose to Temir's. Her face was more exotic although that was probably due to her pure lineage. She was magnificently Romani. Er Turkish Romani? Lot's of that culture's influence in the Oasis.

He decided to ask her about it but all that came out was a low yawn that fluttered a few dark hair strands on the back of Esma's head. Damn fatigue, and they had to train tomorrow!

Temir's voice lulled him. I'll close my eyes for a moment, he thought. But they didn't open again. Max had fallen asleep. He might have remained so had Temir not freaked out like a frightened bunny caught in a snare. The Tinkerer yanked his arm away, Esma's head struck the headboard, and Max -- poor, sleepy Max -- attempted to vault out of bed. His leg caught in a blanket, spilling him onto the hard floor.

"Tengri's ears, Temir!"

The tech-head righted himself in time to note the wincing Rom's words.

Okay, it was true. Max had "just been sitting there". Technically, asleep. It was equally true that he would have enjoyed curling up with either of them. And it was very, very true that he would have eagerly requested a roll in the sack if Temir wasn't present. Or if Esma wasn't present. But he had his principles! He had his scruples! He had a loose front tooth now. Goddamnit.

Max pulled off his shirt in order to wad it up. He offered it to Esma to stem the flow. "Don't worry about the fabric. Blood washes out, trust me."

His eyes roamed between Rom and Cultist. What the fuck had transpired? How long was he out? He could have sworn it had only been for a minute. How the fuck can anyone get up to something randy in under a minute? What the hell?

Seeking to excuse himself lest he be somehow incriminated, he shuffled towards the door. "Ice would be better. I'll make up a cold compact."

"I'm so, so sorry!" Temir cringed as he watched Esma touch fingertips to her head, the red color that stained them confirming that he'd hurt her in some manner, "That's n-n-not what I meant at all! Oh, Spirit, this isn't what I meant at all. I'm so sorry."

Mumbling replies as he backed toward the door, Temir ran toward the bathroom at the end of the hall before returning with the desired rag, bumping into Max on the way back into the room as the mechanic went to retrieve ice for Esma's wound. The tinkerer was distraught - there was no way Esma had his back now. Even if Tengri ordered that she forgive him, he doubted that the aforementioned god's blessings would be so generous as to extend to her treatment of him on the battlefield. Running over with the cloth - and nearly slipping on the carpet before landing in front of her on the bed, rocking the mattress in the process.

Offering the slightly damp cloth - he had enough foresight to run cool water over it, though obviously not enough to prevent such a mishap - Temir dabbed it on the tender and bleeding portion of Esma's head with shaking fingers.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, please forgive me, Esma. Spirit, forgive me. I have sinned," he muttered this over and over to himself as though to find repose in the chant even as his unsteady hands continued to lightly press on the cut area to dab away the slow trickle of blood, "I have sinned; I am unworthy. I have sinned; I am unworthy."

Even now, he could feel stirrings within him. Not only was that wholly inappropriate given his vocation but - Spirit forgive him - it was Spirit-damned inappropriate given the situation that was occurring right now. The tinkerer had just harmed the desert guide and NOW suddenly his body decided it would be a good time to alert her to the impure thoughts he could not suppress? Surely, by now, the Kindred Spirit was preparing for him a proper ticket to abandonment and damnation.

"I have abused your hospitality, Esma," he paused in his vigilant dabbing of the cloth to fold it inside-out, so that the clean portion would now be exposed and the wound kept free of dirt, "I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this. I... I shouldn't have come in. It was a mistake."

One of the hands holding the cloth firmly fell away from it, allowing the cloth to dangle in the other even as the dabbed, and gently caressed the cheek which lay below the marred part of her head, "I'll be out of your way after Max is back with that compress and this stops bleeding so badly. I'm sorry, again. I've failed you and I've failed the Kindred Spirit."

"Accident hap-"

But he was gone, and Esma wondered if he'd fled entirely. Gone, too was Max. The Rom shook her head and considered going lesbian despite her natural orientation. Less stressful, perhaps; she couldn't figure out men even if her life depended upon it.

Esma drew her legs up to prop her elbows on her knees. What in forty hells was wrong with Temir? The question went unanswered, and her head dropped forward to come to rest upon crossed arms. Guilt plucked soulful notes on her heartstrings. The poor man. If he bolted from the apartment, he might get lost among the hallways leading to residencies. The signs, although brightly painted and illuminated, were all in Turkish. She had just made up her mind to follow him when footfalls and a rough jostle to the mattress cause her head to lift. Temir had returned.

The rag's cool water damped her hair and spread itself across her scalp. Her nerves had numbed somewhat as a natural coping mechanism but now they sparked anew as the rag took on a pink tinge. She didn't protest. A little pain was necessary.

His doleful words become a sad litany that drew the blame squarely upon himself. True, it was his fault because he bolted, but he hadn't committed a sin. The sound of his chant nearly brought tears to her eyes. Esma hiccuped and swallowed back emotion. She had vowed to not force her opinion on him and his beliefs but, really, this was a bit much to handle!

You haven't abused my hospitality, she wanted to snatch onto his shirt and shake loose the foothold guilt had on him, you came in because you had a nightmare, and that isn't a sin!

The words never left her mouth. Her thoughts briefly vanished as his rough hand caressed her cheek. Despite his guilt, and despite his discomfort, he sought to comfort her. Esma gulped and forced herself to ignore the internal flutter that heralded arousal. Soft eyelashes lowered a curtain to obscure her view as her head tilted, an involuntary response to his touch that pushed her cheek against his hand and elicited a soft moan. But no, this was a bad idea. Much like her vow to withhold her opinion, she had sworn to not lead him astray on his path.

She lifted her eyes and peered into his own. Her dilated pupils were captured by irises embodying of the ring of vegetation surrounding Ticaret itself, a place that offered respite to the weary traveler. These were the eyes of a woman that appeared to have witnessed a lifetime, though in reality she had only seen a fraction. Esma sighed and gently captured his hand between her own.

The noisome opinions rose again, a bevy of thoughts bubbling in her emotional simmering pot. She opened her mouth to speak them all but only a single one managed to tumble from her lips.

"Please... don't go."

Temir's fingers felt warm and protected as Esma closed her own hand around his, and they continued their journey down her cheek at a more leisurely pace, gently cupping her chin as he removed the cloth and turned it over once more, setting it aside as the bleeding had stopped. The ugly wound that he had unintentionally inflicted upon her was now slowly scabbing over and the pain would be dulling.

Those words, though. Those were the problem now.

But why were they a problem? The Kindred Spirit may have forbidden distractions from Her Will but she did not forbid respites. Even the most devoted servant needed time to regain his strength.

Even the mythical Sisyphus of Greek legend - a man whose eternal curse to roll the boulder up the slope had been co-opted by the Cult as an admirable tale of human tenacity in the face of bleak odds - even he had to rest. Even his boulder had to pause on the slope to let his weary muscles lie for a moment.

Resting was not a sin.

There was nothing to say. The tinkerer was afraid that any sort of word in this moment would break the magic and remind the both of them just what was happening. It would ruin his rest. He gazed into her eyes and leaned forward.

A hug.

The embrace was not one of lust or of love or even of forgiveness, but of friendship. He rested his head on her shoulder as his arms tightly gripped her back and he shared with her the warmth of the evening. He let out a coarse groan as the heat that passed between them quickly devolved his moment of rest from friendship to something less savory and altogether reprehensible entirely. The fires of lust that he'd attempted to keep veiled beneath the surface were threatening to rise.

Friendship was collapsing. A friend would have pulled away by now, and he did. But only to adjust himself so he could recapture her in another way.

It would only later occur to him that that moment was the first time he'd ever initiated a kiss with another person. Chapped lips gently brushed against the cheek beneath the reddened, injured forehead and he let himself have that moment before, oddly, indulging himself in another.

The tongue which had commanded many glorious deeds in Her name and from which many sermons had been delivered to save the Spirit's children from the fires of damnation, snaked out to lick her cheek. She was salty and had a faint taste of sand - not unexpected for a woman who spent all her time in the desert tracking down lost children and leading caravans.

She was delicious.

He needed more. Warning bells clanged at the back of his mind but his moment of rest had claimed him. If she was so willing, he would not be averse to what his non-Cult friends referred to as "romps".

"Esma," his voice came out far softer than he'd expected, for Temir's notion of romance had come from watching the frowned-upon movies of Terra, films which graced the world of love and lust with fantasies larger than life and with voices huskier than his own, "I... Need... Something... Do you mind if... We... I..."

Fumbling over the words, his brain went on full autopilot and insisted that he show rather than tell. Remembering that, in many of those grainy films, the star would often impress his emotions upon the lead woman with a kiss, he imitated.

Cocking his head slightly, as they always did in the films to avoid bumping noses, he pulled back from her cheek and allowed his warm breath to settle upon her lips before closing the gap between them, capturing her and damning himself.

For he who loves another more than the Spirit is a traitor / And he who loves the Spirit more than any other is lonely / So the test is decreed that one should accept loneliness / For to be alone is to suffer / To suffer is divine.

The silence hanging between them left Esma's mind time to chastise her. Why had she asked him to stay? Was it concern for his safety if he left, or was there something more?

Of course there was more. She wouldn't kid herself. Temir was different. He was intelligent and thoughtful rather than shrewd, and carried himself with a quiet grace - a far cry from the Rom men and their traditional ways. He didn't seek glory or fame. He only sought to propagate the Kindred Spirit's will. His touch was gentle, a tender caress to her cheek and chin that sent blissful shivers down her spine. And there she was, selfishly asking him to stay. She had no right to infringe upon his walk.

Faith is deliberate confidence in the character of sacred Tengri whose ways you may not understand at the time.

He drew her into an embrace, not that she protested. This was different though. His hands didn't grope at her spine to seek her shirt's hem. It was sweetly platonic, melting her heart with it's simplicity. She sighed as his stubble brushed against her neck. Temir harbored no ill will towards her. Esma smiled as she wrapped her arms around him.

He was the one to break contact first, and she expected him to make apologies and beg her pardon to leave. She'd let him, if that's what it took to keep him on his path. She had promised herself, and Esma never broke her word.

The lips brushing her cheek sent her inwardly spiraling. All the world seemed to rush in and then fade away as her body focused on his touch. Nothing existed until he hands alighted upon it, as if his touch was shaping her into existence one tender breath at a time. Her fingertips sought his chest, alighting to explore the contours of his muscles before trailing upward to seek a neck shaped by decades of labor.

You swore you wouldn't. It isn't your place to test his resolve.

Rejoice, for your body was formed by Tengri, and all your senses, and all your thoughts, that you may fully experience the world he crafted.

His breath, sweetened by the meal and wine, alighted on her. A fresh longing filled her as she watched his lips form words; he was asking permission. Asking. It was endearing. It was arousing, and drove away common sense. He was much too close. She returned his kiss with equal passion. Nothing mattered now except that he fulfill the desires he had caused within her, and her lips left his in order to travel down his neck to indicate her willingness as she relished the salty taste of his skin. There wasn't any reason to feel guilt. Tengri intended for love to be shared.

Tengri intends only goodness. The testing of faith produces steadfastness. It is the crucible by which devotion is tested, that you may emerge renewed and complete as Tengri intends. But be warned: It is easy to led others astray when they are broken. To cast them into the crucible is to cast yourself alongside them.

You vowed. It is Romanipen.

Esma's progress stopped at Temir's adam's apple, and she lifted her head to take in his beautiful eyes. Her palms captured his face, delighting once more in the texture of his skin. The look she gave carried an intensity about it, but this washed away as she imparted one final, tender kiss upon his lips. Her body, which only moments before had been tensed in anticipation of sex, relaxed. She pressed her forehead to his.

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial for, when he emerges pure from the crucible, he will receive all the blessings in store for him. Rejoice then in the testing, and be not ashamed of stumbles along the way."

The words were a resigned sigh. Her fingertips stroked his cheek, reassuring him that she wasn't offended. She hid her disappointment well, or so she hoped.

Esma pulled away, although a hand remained to cradle his jaw. "Temir, you matter to me. Very few people do. It is more important to me that you stay strong in your faith. If you decide to walk away from the Kindred Spirit and her tenets, let it be for logical reasons rather than the foolish desires of a stupid gypsy girl. Please, don't let tonight become an awkward thorn between us."

Her fingers savored his skin's warmth a final time and then slipped away. "I'm not worthy of someone like you. You deserve someone more pure."

Esma rose from the bed and pulled a shawl from a nearby chair, wrapping the knitted fabric around her shoulders. Her arms crossed, a self-hug to ward off her sorrow. "Please, sleep here. The bed is comfortable. I... I want to watch the sunrise and meditate on my god."

Temir let out an involuntary whine as Esma stopped her pleasant journey downward, the annoying noise muffled as she recaptured his lips. The desert guide's pulling away confused him and he feared for a moment that he'd made a grave, irreversible mistake.

Well, he had. He just hadn't acknowledged it until now. The Kindred Spirit would not look kindly upon his actions.

As their foreheads came together, the tinkerer closed his eyes and savored Esma's warm breath passing over his lips as she spoke.

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial for, when he emerges pure from the crucible, he will receive all the blessings in store for him. Rejoice then in the testing, and be not ashamed of stumbles along the way."

His cheeks colored with shame. The guide who he had intended to enlighten on the Way of the Kindred Spirit had been the one to stop the proceedings. She had done the right thing in the face of his temptation. The hand running over his jaw did little to comfort him as he returned to his senses and realized what a wanton sin he'd just committed. His fellow clergyman would be ashamed of him - nay, they would be decrying him from the pulpits if they knew of his evening transgressions.

Esma's explanation only caused him to sink further. She had stopped the proceedings for him. Not because she wasn't enjoying them or because she felt the need to torture him but because she cared about him. The notion that she could so perfectly embody the selflessness of the exemplars of the Kindred Spirit was nothing short of a miracle. She wasn't even an acolyte; here he was, having just hung up his holy orders, and he'd already slipped into selfishness and the wanton desires of the common people.

"I'm not worthy of someone like you. You deserve someone more pure."

He turned to her with a hard look as she left the bed to wrap herself so she could go out on the balcony and witness the rebirth of the harsh sun that baked the deserts of Rigel-III during the day.

The offer to sleep in the bed where he had nearly thrown away his faith and where she had saved him was unacceptable. He needed to get away from this - from whatever it was about her that intoxicated him and set his heart ablaze.

"Thank you, but I think it would be wisest if I returned to the couch," he gulped, standing up to smooth his clothes and cloak. Turning toward the doorway, he offered one final glance and his opinion on the whole situation:

"You care for a child; I shirked my duties to the acolytes and the orphans to look over machines. I initiated inappropriate sexual advances towards you; you halted them to preserve my faith. I have done nothing but cause trouble in this house and you have shown nothing but kindness.

You're an exemplar of all the great Cult virtues and you're not even an acolyte yet; and here I am throwing my morals away after discarding my holy orders.

You've got it all backwards, silly girl. You deserve someone more pure and worthy, not me."

Satisfied that he'd made it clear how he felt on the matters, he departed for the couch without further word.

The tape had been rewound and was waiting for him.

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Heartwarming/Tear-Jerker Scene: Three years (IRL!) have passed as characters Septimus Itum (a cyborg diplomat and former-torturer of the Confederation) and Neste Trilb (a biomachine construct from the Nifidium) sort their species differences, feelings, and cultural attitudes. Finally together after so much inner and environmental turmoil, Itum must now cope with the fact that his beloved was felled in battle. As a political figure functioning during a time of absolute crisis, he put aside his personal needs in order to keep the entire cast from crumbling. Now, finally, he's able to take a moment to see his sweet Neste on what might very well be her deathbed. Regrets. (What a pity she later dies.)
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene: Woolley Bowl 2015 Northwest Slobovia, The Carlisle, Swith Witherward
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Last edited by Cerillium on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:18 pm

#2015NomNom

• Comedy: Finland SSR, for all of his hilarious posts in Infinite Justice. His writing style is just so bubbly and humorous.
  • Crime: N/A
  • Fantasy: The Starlight - There is usually no other person I can really put up that comes close to his knowledge of Tolkien and Elves in general.
  • Horror/Thriller: N/A
  • Life-Based: N/A
  • Mystery: N/A
  • Nation RP: The ever-sassy Kingdom of Glitter, always a great guy and tried his hardest to get me back in the Historical Nation scene, but superheroes, mannnn.
  • Romance: The Republic of Atria, for his portrayal of the dynamic relationship between Xander and Naja. Biased yes, but I hardly see a rom-com done right, especially in a superhero setting.
  • School-based: TriStates, for his work on Of Rifles and Roses.
  • Science Fiction: Charmera, for their work on Sci-Fi projects in Infinite Justice and other roleplays, like the original Our Place Among the Stars.
  • War: The United Remnants of America, no question.
  • Misc Genre: Zarkenis Ultima, as his genre is hard to pin down with his work with Infinite Justice and Children of Infinity, but he needs a spot here.

Best Worldbuilder:
Best OP/GM: The Republic of Atria, with Infinite Justice. It's more along the lines of an active and highly encouraging OP than something grandiose. Atria is Infinite Justices' beating heart and it's almost hard to remember that he is the owner because he's so involved with the regular folks and roleplaying.
Most Involved in P2TM: Templar High Council
Funniest RP'er:
Most Improved RP'er: The Silhouette of Adventure, dude has gone from a minor ticker of paragraphs to a full-fledged writing machine in Infinite Justice. I'm glad to have seen his rise from start to where it is now, and hope it doesn't end any time soon.
Best Writer (The "Novelist" Award): Mavorpen, for his impressively long and well-written solo arcs in Infinite Justice. Example.

Best Genre RP
Best Lore/Worldbuilding RP: Infinite Justice | OOC IC
Best RP Series: Infinite Justice | OOC IC
Best OOC Thread: Definitely not IJ...

Most Fleshed-Out/Rounded Character: N/A
Funniest Character: Frank Mayhem, for his hilarious commentary on the world around him as part of Finland's writing style. Example.
Most Original Character: N/A
Best Character Death: N/A

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

WIP
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:52 pm

I wasn't going to do a form at all until Cer reminded me that I planned to nominate Warp for something. Ugh. Might as well add a few more to it.

#2015NomNom

• Comedy: Northwest Slobovia for stuff like this. He's got a wry sense of humor.
  • Crime: I totally fangirl swoon for our dear Reverend Norv over his Likely Lads premise.
  • Fantasy: The Starlight for his love of Tolkien, and his group dedicated to him. Star excels at fantasy.
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based:
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance: Oh, why not. Highfort, my favorite dance partner, for exquisite things like this stuff.
  • School-based: Neo ORB for Yuki Marin in In Memorial of the Fallen.
  • Science Fiction: Mincaldenteans, and not just for his love of Trek. He was active in several SF communities in P2TM in 2015.
  • War:
  • Misc Genre: G-Tech Corporation. Most people know him for his mechanics-heavy games which are way too numerous for me to dig through! (Though my favorite out of all his work was The Third Age: A Lord of the Rings RP IC and OOC) I'm placing him here because his games are a bit different than the standard P2TM storyboarded RPs. And example is Under the Walls of Night OOC and IC

Best Worldbuilder:
Best OP/GM: Cerillium, for things like this. He's captained PL for a long time now... very patient, and always willing to help players grow.
Most Involved in P2TM: Way too many to nominate but I'm putting in for Tiltjuice for his hard efforts in early 2015. RL caught up with him this fall and he hasn't been as active as usual. The void left by his absence is palpable. Really, Tilt, so many people miss your skills and talents, and your dedication to your RPs.
Funniest RP'er: Cerillium, because he comes across as such a humorless sourpuss. It's a total ruse. He cranks out ridiculous stuff like Operation Bo Peep. His cultists ride around in invisible cars. One of his gods used a paper cocktail umbrella to shield himself from an atomic blast. Exploding parakeets deliver messages, and Nazis vanish in a puff of flowers and confetti. He regularly breaks his ICs' fourth walls with clever quips. He runs a fierce drag queen, Fram... and nails the delivery every time.
Most Improved RP'er: It was a tie between Fvaarniimar and New Rob Halfordia, but my heart is going with Fvaarniimar. She's grown in leaps and bounds, she doesn't back down from any challenge we throw her way. The best example I can give was her timid approach to combat. She'd never written one, and so she solicited advice... and then took it all to heart in order to round out her posts during an epic battle. Example.
Best Writer (The "Novelist" Award): Another tie for me, this one between Giovenith and Highfort. Gio's won this category in the past. Might as well share the spotlight! This category isn't about how long a post is. Rather, it's about how well the writer crafts his post. I've got to copy Cer on this one - I nominate Highfort. His encapsulated one-shots are superb. He brings three dimensions into every post. Words are never cheaply applied. Like Gio, he has the potential to become a published author.

Best Genre RP
  • Comedy:
  • Crime:
  • Fantasy:
  • Horror/Thriller:
  • Life-Based: Meh. Personification Life: Epic IC and OOC
  • Mystery:
  • Nation RP:
  • Romance:
  • School-based: RWBY: In Memorial of the Fallen IC and OOC. Nicely done.
  • Science Fiction:
  • War:
  • Misc Genre:
Best RP Series: Personification Life: Epic IC and OOC
Best OOC Thread: Yeah, I'm nominating my own. Always do. It's a matter of pride. OOC

Best Action or "Fight or Flight" Scene: Warpspace - this. Tightly written, beautifully detailed, exquisite.
Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

Best Comedy Scene:
Best Horror Scene:
Best Romantic Scene:

TG Swith Witherward
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse