NATION

PASSWORD

The Comperior (OOC, FT, Slice of Life, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:54 am

So, what exactly should my character be doing right now? I'm having a little problem while thinking about what to post.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Lemunaria
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lemunaria » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Name:
Gabriel Rodrigo Amoldo De la Fuente McKnight

Sex:
Male

Nationality/Ethnicity:
Gabriel was born in the United States. He is 50% Hispanic, 25% Caucasian and 25% African American.

Appearance:

Personality:
Gabriel - or Rodrigo, whichever you prefer, is an..unstable character. He's generally kind, or whatever passes for kindness these days. While he seems cares for the well-being of others, he tends to keep to himself and considers himself much more of a lone-wolf. Its not uncommon for him to have fits of what could be considered 'psychotic rage' if he's on a particularly unstable day. His time in the military - fighting against the 'enemy' for a while, broke him in many ways. Though he is naturally rebellious - even the time in the military was filled with punishments for otherwise not following orders or going against direct commands from his superiors. His therapist thought this only broke him in more ways. While with others he puts on this 'mask'. A facade of sorts, he pretends to be happy and well-rounded, as if he never witnessed whole cities burning and armies slaughtered. Despite this undoubted broken-persona, Gabriel is very quick to jump to the defense of those who are unjustly convicted or those who have been attacked without reason. He has a good moral compass and defends the innocent with admittedly not-so righteous fury.

Position on Ship:
He was assigned as a security guard to the ship, due to his military background and combat prowess back on earth during the war.

Activities during spare time:
He can usually be found in the gym, not only working out but honing his own combat skills on punching bags and such. If not there than he can be found elsewhere - such as the Engineering Bay - mainly to check on what types of new weapons are being developed, or the armory, practicing his shooting accuracy. If he can't be found there, then he's most likely in his own quarters. Alone.

Bio:
Gabriel had a definitely colorful background - and he did some not-so legal stuff back before the war started. But that was before - and it didn't matter now. Gabriel was around during what he considered its final days - he fought in the District of Columbia against an enemy they could not defeat - no matter how hard they tried. He fought in Cairo and he fought in Dubai, always on the sight of large - brutal battles. Each one with the same outcome, defeat and failure. How he survived all of these city-destroying battles is still lost on him, and the fact that he was chosen as one of the 75,000 on the Comperior was even more of a surprise to him. Though, most of his family didn't have the same advantage as he did. Only his sister - Isabella and his mother Ariana made it on board with him, the rest of his family left to burn on the lost planet. Sad to say his mother and sister are still frozen and he's not sure if they'll ever get out, and the thought saddens him deeply. He spends his time guarding the ship or patrolling the halls now, mostly anyway.

Non-combat Special Traits:
Gabriel would consider himself a pretty good singer, and enjoys karaoke when nobody is looking. He's a hella good cook, and sometimes considers maybe he should've been a chef instead of a soldier. A very strange thing he's good at is, well, he's very good with children. Babies in particular, he can change diapers - lull them to sleep. A strange, but useful skill he'd guess.

Combat Special Traits:
Gabriel has a talent for combat - that's for sure. After years in the U.S Marine Corps he became very proficient in MCMA - a mix of martial arts styles taught to U.S marines. It was very useful for not only hand to hand, but CQ Knife fighting and CQ Gunfighting. He also proved to be an excellent marksmen - not super sniper elite good, but he was in no terms bad at it. Lastly, he had a talent for knife throwing - which wasn't much of a surprise, but he mainly used it for tricks at parties back on earth.

1453 (keep for tracking purposes)
Last edited by Lemunaria on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A nation plagued by bad writing from when I was 16, that I can't be bothered to change..so enjoy.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:30 pm

Lemunaria wrote:So are there any solidified events during the war that I could use for my app? I'm getting to the backstory now and Gabe's a soldier or ex-marine so I need some alien battles to throw in there - or should I just make up some shit?

Well there are no solidified events so yes just make up some shit. :D If it is good then it is allowed.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:31 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:So, what exactly should my character be doing right now? I'm having a little problem while thinking about what to post.

You can just make a post about waking \up and going to a random area of the ship if you want to.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Lemunaria wrote:Name:
Gabriel Rodrigo Amoldo De la Fuente McKnight

Sex:
Male

Nationality/Ethnicity:
Gabriel was born in the United States. He is 50% Hispanic, 25% Caucasian and 25% African American.

Appearance:

Personality:
Gabriel - or Rodrigo, whichever you prefer, is an..unstable character. He's generally kind, or whatever passes for kindness these days. While he seems cares for the well-being of others, he tends to keep to himself and considers himself much more of a lone-wolf. Its not uncommon for him to have fits of what could be considered 'psychotic rage' if he's on a particularly unstable day. His time in the military - fighting against the 'enemy' for a while, broke him in many ways. Though he is naturally rebellious - even the time in the military was filled with punishments for otherwise not following orders or going against direct commands from his superiors. His therapist thought this only broke him in more ways. While with others he puts on this 'mask'. A facade of sorts, he pretends to be happy and well-rounded, as if he never witnessed whole cities burning and armies slaughtered. Despite this undoubted broken-persona, Gabriel is very quick to jump to the defense of those who are unjustly convicted or those who have been attacked without reason. He has a good moral compass and defends the innocent with admittedly not-so righteous fury.

Position on Ship:
He was assigned as a security guard to the ship, due to his military background and combat prowess back on earth during the war.

Activities during spare time:
He can usually be found in the gym, not only working out but honing his own combat skills on punching bags and such. If not there than he can be found elsewhere - such as the Engineering Bay - mainly to check on what types of new weapons are being developed, or the armory, practicing his shooting accuracy. If he can't be found there, then he's most likely in his own quarters. Alone.

Bio:
Gabriel had a definitely colorful background - and he did some not-so legal stuff back before the war started. But that was before - and it didn't matter now. Gabriel was around during what he considered its final days - he fought in the District of Columbia against an enemy they could not defeat - no matter how hard they tried. He fought in Cairo and he fought in Dubai, always on the sight of large - brutal battles. Each one with the same outcome, defeat and failure. How he survived all of these city-destroying battles is still lost on him, and the fact that he was chosen as one of the 75,000 on the Comperior was even more of a surprise to him. Though, most of his family didn't have the same advantage as he did. Only his sister - Isabella and his mother Ariana made it on board with him, the rest of his family left to burn on the lost planet. Sad to say his mother and sister are still frozen and he's not sure if they'll ever get out, and the thought saddens him deeply. He spends his time guarding the ship or patrolling the halls now, mostly anyway.

Non-combat Special Traits:
Gabriel would consider himself a pretty good singer, and enjoys karaoke when nobody is looking. He's a hella good cook, and sometimes considers maybe he should've been a chef instead of a soldier. A very strange thing he's good at is, well, he's very good with children. Babies in particular, he can change diapers - lull them to sleep. A strange, but useful skill he'd guess.

Combat Special Traits:
Gabriel has a talent for combat - that's for sure. After years in the U.S Marine Corps he became very proficient in MCMA - a mix of martial arts styles taught to U.S marines. It was very useful for not only hand to hand, but CQ Knife fighting and CQ Gunfighting. He also proved to be an excellent marksmen - not super sniper elite good, but he was in no terms bad at it. Lastly, he had a talent for knife throwing - which wasn't much of a surprise, but he mainly used it for tricks at parties back on earth.

Accepted! :D

Lemunaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemunaria » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Yay :D

Well I can make up a few battle locations(like so in my bio) and the events of them if you want. I just need to know the tech level I'm workin' with when it comes to humanity. As well as what the aliens have - and speaking of them. Do they even have a proper name yet? :0
A nation plagued by bad writing from when I was 16, that I can't be bothered to change..so enjoy.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:57 pm

-facepalm- I absolutely forgot to place the IC link in the opening. :(

Lemunaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemunaria » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:05 pm

Lemunaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemunaria » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:49 pm

Really not sure how to go about this first post.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:58 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:You can just make a post about waking up / going to a random area of the ship if you want to.

Prolly something along those lines, its what most people did, going to their stations or where they could help out most.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Lemunaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemunaria » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:36 pm

I kinda wanted to do something along the lines of Gabe getting out of cryo, having some weird nervous break down, attacks -insert status/name here- and passes out. Only because I want to set him up as this already kinda unstable soldier.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Lemunaria wrote:I kinda wanted to do something along the lines of Gabe getting out of cryo, having some weird nervous break down, attacks -insert status/name here- and passes out. Only because I want to set him up as this already kinda unstable soldier.

Maybe have him do that but try to make it to the medbay first before something like that happens. Just an opinion anyway since not all cyropods are in the same place.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:15 am

Okay I was debating the numbers and decided on what department gets how many people with the awakening. The numbers also count our characters.

Engineering (this includes pilots): 30
Security: 15
Bridge: 6
Research: 8
Medical: 8
Others (literally everyone else): 33

Reasons for the numbers: The ship in its awakening prioritized essential staff for the first 100. Therefore after it awoke the officers it awoke what was needed to form a skeleton crew if the ship had 100 people. 6 people, including the Captain, was deemed enough for the bridge. 8 people need to handle 100 people in medical, 8 people would handle research and 15 would police the 100 people. The reason why Engineers have more is due to the sheer size of the ship that needs to be overlooked and that most pilots also were classed as engineers in case they wind up in a pinch. Then it started awakening random people.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:29 am

Lemunaria wrote:Yay :D

Well I can make up a few battle locations(like so in my bio) and the events of them if you want. I just need to know the tech level I'm workin' with when it comes to humanity. As well as what the aliens have - and speaking of them. Do they even have a proper name yet? :0

Working on that detail but for humanity no they are simply called the enemy because that is all they are. That's the thing about them, their motives reasons, what makes them tick essentially is unknown. As for tech level humanity is still at ballistics level. As for the aliens pretty much way more advanced than humanity enough to be able to crush all of Earth's combined forces.

Also Lem I will simply make a random NPC for you character to attack and I will telegram the interaction to you before I post it okay?
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lemunaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemunaria » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:41 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Lemunaria wrote:Yay :D

Working on that detail but for humanity no they are simply called the enemy because that is all they are. That's the thing about them, their motives reasons, what makes them tick essentially is unknown. As for tech level humanity is still at ballistics level. As for the aliens pretty much way more advanced than humanity enough to be able to crush all of Earth's combined forces.

Also Lem I will simply make a random NPC for you character to attack and I will telegram the interaction to you before I post it okay?

Alright xP I kind of described what he would do wrong. Not so much as attack, moreso he just does some weird Krav Maga shit or flips the dude over his shoulder into a sort of submission type thing.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:11 am

Sorry I haven't slept the past couple days I will get the post up but I am working slowly.

Lemunaria wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:

Alright xP I kind of described what he would do wrong. Not so much as attack, moreso he just does some weird Krav Maga shit or flips the dude over his shoulder into a sort of submission type thing.

So to put it another way he thinks he is under attack by someone or something like that and pins someone to the ground?

Edit: though SkullCrossbones already posted something I will add what happens to random NPC that work?
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:18 am

I think we should be doing a time skip after everyone's work is done
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:24 am

Finsternia wrote:I think we should be doing a time skip after everyone's work is done

We will Fin. Folks just tell me when you all are ready for that. I would put up a poll but I don't want the numbers skewed by people not in this RP voting.

I am working on my last IC post as Captain (since he has flying credentials he is taking the EMP fighter out) and then I will be done and preparing for the timeskip. After said timeskip we can see where we can go from there.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Update

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:55 am

Okay time for an update since I haven't done one in a while.

New roles I wouldn't mind us having players for:
1: Fighter Wing Commander, someone who leads the fighters in battle, maybe helps create new ones, with the Captain being one of the very few characters we have that can even fly a fighter with skill this is needed for any fighter based actions.
2: Resource Production Officer, this is someone who would oversee production of food and water and the like. Also if we do something involving asteroids they would over see such a collection. Not an over-appreciated role but an essential one. (NPC or other officers can handle as needed but for realism it would be nice)
3: And that is all besides the fact that anyone else you think is needed for making this ship more livable in, cooks, officers of various types of areas we don't have covered so far, or just something you think we need.

New things:
1: I have updated the cover page to include a list of the current crew. You will find it underneath the letter of the crew. Let me know if I accidentally missed anyone since that is possible.
2: To help enhance the lore of the ship I am writing what you could call Captain's Logs. These help highlight some parts of the ship's history and lore and help develop this for different things.
3. The alien race is almost finished in design just putting some finishing touches on it.
4: Room layouts: Rooms are designed to accommodate two people comfortably. It comes with a bunkbed. A sink and a shower (the shower is separated from the main room by a wall and a door, they are equipped with a timer to ensure the strict rationing of water. (anything else you want in it ask) Officers typically maintain their own private quarters but those are near where their post is. It was expected the Comperior would be needed during the initial settlement process so these rooms were prepared for brief habitation until initial settlement building was completed. Now times have changed.
5: Doors on the ship. They are keycard activated and thus slide open when a keycard is used for them. The Captain possesses a keycard to open every door on the ship and he can order any door to be opened as he needs it to be from the bridge.
6: The time skip will be for a couple hours this time. I am planning on after everything gets settled all officers hold a meeting to discuss things and then the Captain assembles the crew. After that we can do what we want and then maybe another time skip for about a month or two weeks. That sound right?
7: Minor point but I have updated the mechs slightly after talking with Kerzacistan, they are now 22 feet tall. (meaning I doubled their height)

Requests from me: As per usual new rooms if you want them, ideas for projects we or various departments can pursue, random ideas to make this more fun, new machine toys you folks down in engineering would want. This not only requires me to make it good but it requires all of you to help develop it after all. :D

Essential questions for everyone to answer to (I don't like polls too much since I want to hear from those who actually bothered to fill out an app). I want to develop this to the best possibility and for that I want everyone's input. You could say I want to make this an involved effort by us all. You don't have to answer any question you don't want to but I would appreciate it.

1: Should we have a specific amount of page requirements before we wind up doing something like a timeskip normally? Say every two pages happen then time skip? Sometimes exceptions will be made so people can finish a conversation if they want to. (time skips wouldn't be extremely long anyway) This is a question based around the concept of preventing things from stagnating and also if we bring about what I am going to suggest in the fourth question this will help keep order.
2: How many people do you think should be woken up a month? I know I said a few but if only 3 or so people wake up a month our characters will either be very long dead before they all wake up.
3: Thoughts on what we should do next? I have some ideas but I always want to hear opinions.
4: Should something like a tech tree or at least a layout of what you have to do first to advance technology be made? If so then if not then we will have to debate a new method. I am discussing the finer details of one with an associate.
5: What do you think is essential on a ship in space? This is for curiosity
6: There is no six! :D
7: How long do you think is reasonable for a time skip? A lot of people operate by months but I still want to hear alternatives.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:19 am, edited 5 times in total.

Lemunaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemunaria » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:49 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Sorry I haven't slept the past couple days I will get the post up but I am working slowly.

So to put it another way he thinks he is under attack by someone or something like that and pins someone to the ground?

Edit: though SkullCrossbones already posted something I will add what happens to random NPC that work?

Yeah basically, and whatever boats ya float.

1: Fighter Wing Commander, someone who leads the fighters in battle, maybe helps create new ones, with the Captain being one of the very few characters we have that can even fly a fighter with skill this is needed for any fighter based actions.
2: Resource Production Officer, this is someone who would oversee production of food and water and the like. Also if we do something involving asteroids they would over see such a collection. Not an over-appreciated role but an essential one. (NPC or other officers can handle as needed but for realism it would be nice)
3: And that is all besides the fact that anyone else you think is needed for making this ship more livable in, cooks, officers of various types of areas we don't have covered so far, or just something you think we need.

I mean if its alright I could change Gabes last combat skill to that of flying if it helps?

New things:
1: I have updated the cover page to include a list of the current crew. You will find it underneath the letter of the crew. Let me know if I accidentally missed anyone since that is possible.
2: To help enhance the lore of the ship I am writing what you could call Captain's Logs. These help highlight some parts of the ship's history and lore and help develop this for different things.
3. The alien race is almost finished in design just putting some finishing touches on it.
4: Room layouts: Rooms are designed to accommodate two people comfortably. It comes with a bunkbed. A sink and a shower (the shower is separated from the main room by a wall and a door, they are equipped with a timer to ensure the strict rationing of water. (anything else you want in it ask) Officers typically maintain their own private quarters but those are near where their post is. It was expected the Comperior would be needed during the initial settlement process so these rooms were prepared for brief habitation until initial settlement building was completed. Now times have changed.
5: Doors on the ship. They are keycard activated and thus slide open when a keycard is used for them. The Captain possesses a keycard to open every door on the ship and he can order any door to be opened as he needs it to be from the bridge.
6: The time skip will be for a couple hours this time. I am planning on after everything gets settled all officers hold a meeting to discuss things and then the Captain assembles the crew. After that we can do what we want and then maybe another time skip for about a month or two weeks. That sound right?
7: Minor point but I have updated the mechs slightly after talking with Kerzacistan, they are now 22 feet tall. (meaning I doubled their height)

I like these new thangs

Requests from me: As per usual new rooms if you want them, ideas for projects we or various departments can pursue, random ideas to make this more fun, new machine toys you folks down in engineering would want. This not only requires me to make it good but it requires all of you to help develop it after all. :D

A shooting range, possibly? Or combat training deck or somethin'?

Essential questions for everyone to answer to (I don't like polls too much since I want to hear from those who actually bothered to fill out an app). I want to develop this to the best possibility and for that I want everyone's input. You could say I want to make this an involved effort by us all. You don't have to answer any question you don't want to but I would appreciate it.

1: Should we have a specific amount of page requirements before we wind up doing something like a timeskip normally? Say every two pages happen then time skip? Sometimes exceptions will be made so people can finish a conversation if they want to. (time skips wouldn't be extremely long anyway) This is a question based around the concept of preventing things from stagnating and also if we bring about what I am going to suggest in the fourth question this will help keep order.
2: How many people do you think should be woken up a month? I know I said a few but if only 3 or so people wake up a month our characters will either be very long dead before they all wake up.
3: Thoughts on what we should do next? I have some ideas but I always want to hear opinions.
4: Should something like a tech tree or at least a layout of what you have to do first to advance technology be made? If so then if not then we will have to debate a new method. I am discussing the finer details of one with an associate.
7: How long do you think is reasonable for a time skip? A lot of people operate by months but I still want to hear alternatives.

1: I would say every two pages seems a bit low but then again, each page is pretty long so I'm not entirely sure on that.

2: The capacity is pretty high so for everyone to be awake and our characters not dead of old age, a lot will have to wake up every month.

3: I mean after everything is put under control we should probably work on fixing some problems with the ship, I.E most of its capabilities made for the short term. They should be upgraded as best we can immediately. Maybe starting mining planets if the tools are available.

4: I'm not entirely sure about this part.

5: Food, water, proper specialized exercise equipment. Uh..books..

6: I just can't seem to find that six anywhere..

7: Two weeks at a time? So every two timeskips is a month. It minimalizes the amount of new NPC's we gotta deal with while also keeping things at a reasonable pace.

SkillCrossbones
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 30, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby SkillCrossbones » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:49 am

He can just go ahead and attack my character, I mean it's not like he's going to kill him. I can roll with it.
The Noblest Motive Is the Public Good

The contents of this post may not be reproduced or disseminated without the express written consent of the office of the President of SkillCrossbones

Lemunaria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lemunaria » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:12 am

Yeah thats why I was refraining from posting. I didn't know if it was alright that he flipped his shit on your character DX

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:44 pm

2) Until we get a permanent one, I would not mind my character taking on that role temporarily, with the underlying understanding that she gets to shed it ASAP, it could be nicely tied in with her engineering capabilities if need be.

New things:

Awesome, now the mechs are huge...

Potential long term Engineering/Research departments collaboration: Creating some kind of basic AI to use the fighters and reduce the amount of people needed per mech, which IIRC need more than one person to be fully operational. Otherwise upgrading everything from ships armour to weaponry.
If Aging Research is still going on, then perhaps a look into the creation of more cybernetics to help increase a persons lifetime or something like that?
Other Miscellaneous thing I've thought of. Perhaps some kind of introduction/explainy thing session to be created for all new awakeners so they're not stumbling around/doing stuff they probably shouldn't.
That's all I can think of at the moment, new toys for engineering is something I shall be thinking about however.

1) perhaps either 3 pages or counting the number of equivalent posts, combining ones used in conversations say (so skip after every 75 'updates' where an update is either a normal post or 2-3 conversation posts) or some kind of equation thingy like that?
2) So we have 74,900 people left to wake up (assuming none are dead or anything like that) so at a rate of 3 per month it would take 24967 months to wake everyone up (that's over 2080 years).Assuming the computers are trying to slowly increase population, then looking at the rate of population growth in some First World Countries today (well the latest data I can find is from 2013) that population growth is around 0.5% per year on average. Taking that into account on the Comperior it would try to awaken 0.5% of the population still in cyrostasis every year, divide it down to once a month we're looking at it trying awaken roughly 0.0417% of the crew every month. That means the computers would be trying to awaken 0.000417*74,900= 31.2 (let's make it easy and round up), so 32 people per month. However, that will end up taking 2340.6 months AKA roughly 195 years (which could feasibly make sense, waking up people over that long a time period would mean even if we never find a planet the Comperior would have a crew for at least 200 years). The question really is, do we want to RP this realistically? Or do we want to RP in such a way that is less realistic but could allow for more characters to appear from a variety of different roles, none of which may necessarily be vital? Either way, if people give me a number of people awakening each month I can work out roughly how long it would take to wake everyone up.
If we want to try and get everyone awake before we die then I believe we would need to be awakening people at the rate of at least 100-150 per month.
3) Try and survive? Honestly I'd say try and find a planet. As Ideal as possible, and (dependent on how exactly the Comperior was meant to land on said planets) potentially set up a couple of small colonies on almost ideal planets until we find one we think will work and then come and see if those colonists want to join us again.
4) Yes
5) Food, Water, something to stop the outside coming in (or rather stop those inside from falling out) :p, accommodation for everyone is nice but temporary accommodation could always be worked on. Other stuff to keep the above things in supply?
6) Awww
7) We don't have huge amounts going on, so a month or two sounds good to me.
Last edited by The Blazing Aura on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:54 pm

I can already tell the American soldier is going to hate a Russian general lording over him in the security room that's gonna be fun.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Name:James Highfield
Sex:Male
Nationality/Ethnicity:German American
Appearance: James
Personality: Talkative, easy going, can be stuborn
Position on Ship: Fighter Pilot
Activities during spare time: Reads books from the library, hangs around the mess hall
Bio: James was born in America. When the war started he went into the Air Force. He realized rather early that the war was pointless, but fought on to give the folks back home some time.
Non-combat Special Traits: Mechanic, some First Aid, makes one hell of a good pot of chile
Combat Special Traits: Flying combat aircraft, some hand to hand when needed, pistols when desprate
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse