NATION

PASSWORD

WHF 22- Frigidekasai, Tödlichebujoku [IC THREAD, CLOSED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

WHF 22- Frigidekasai, Tödlichebujoku [IC THREAD, CLOSED]

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:36 pm

Frigidekasai, as the homeplace of Tödlichebujoku's revolutionary interuniversal portal, was a natural choice for SterGo100 to host the 22nd World Hit Festival. With the nation's first win after so many attempts, Tödlichebujoki WHF fans were naturally ecstatic for the festival to come back, especially since the last time the nation hosted was due to its part in a first-place tie in which it lost. Street celebrations reminiscent of the nation's first WorldVision win back in WV32 exploded through the island-continent as WHF21 ended and resurged in Frigidekasai in the week leading up to WHF22.
The city's status as the first with an IU portal allowed for its sudden expansion into one of Tödlichebujoku's foremost trade cities, with accommodations and venues rivaling Sterblichengokai and Rotlichtchiku. The AHT Stadium, the successor to the older and smaller Metrostadion, is one of the products of the trade boom. While it can seat upwards of 75,000 people, it has been configured to seat 30,000 for WHF so that everyone has a high-quality experience.

The stage, in keeping with the forward outlook of the theme, is modeled after a portal. Portals are symbols of the future and high technology, whether it be the breakthrough interuniversal portal or a faster-than-light space travel portal, and so are a perfect muse for the WHF22 stage design. In fact, the interuniversal portal was first set up in Frigidekasai, leading to SterGo100's decision for the contest's futuristic theme and stage design.

Imbued with the latest in Tödlichebujoki technology, the stage includes high-definition screens, pyrotechnics, weather effects, 3D and smell effects, and minor magical abilities like stage fright reduction and glowing effects. A platform extends out into the audience for a more intimate experience, and plenty of lights are available to illuminate the stage and stadium.

Continuing with SterGo100's practice of featuring both entries involved in a first-place tie in the opening act, the two top entries of WHF21, Normandy and Picardy's Sophie Béatois and Tödlichebujoku's Anja Krebs & SKLO, will open WHF22.

No Life For Me/Far Away
Anja Krebs & SKLO with Sophie Béatois

The stage is dark. As the music begins, there is a sudden flash of light and Sophie can be seen in the centre of the stage, staring upwards and standing sideways. She turns, and walks towards the front, as light fades on and off. Finally, the lights turn blue and settle at a medium intensity, and the stage can now be clearly seen. Various front covers of the Normand magazine "Er Asðent" are shown on the stage's background screen, and a large-scale mockup of the magazine stands next to Sophie
Save me, save me...

I don't care much 'bout celebrity
You see, selling out isn't for me
The fame and money are nice for a while
But soon it comes crashing down

The backing singers, who until this point were hidden, begin walking towards Sophie, almost menacingly, until they reach their microphone stands.
(You know) don't you?
They'll take your soul (they'll take your soul)
Turn you into something you're not (something you're not)

As the chorus begins, Sophie knocks over the large-scale copy of "Er Asðent" and takes the microphone from her stand, walking right to the front of the stage, where she finds a TV and a computer.
Success and fame
Loss and heartbreak
No I don't want this life
No, I don't want this, no
Ooh, oooooh This is no life for me

The TV screen, which the cameras zoom into momentarily, shows a reality TV show, and the computer shows the Normand social networking site "Konecion". In the middle of the verse, Sophie kicks the computer, which is only a prop and not a real computer, to the side and the TV screen "malfunctions".
Save me, save me...

The same drivel is always on repeat
But the faces are changing constantly
They all have 15 minutes of fame
But soon they're waking from the dream

The cameras zoom into Sophie, as she and her backing singers sing the bridge. The background screen that can be seen behind her shows a pop-art style head without a brain in it.
(You know) don't you?
They'll take your mind (They'll take your mind)
Make you a shell of what you really are (you really are)

Not much happens staging wise during this chorus, except the background shows the head transform into a kaleidoscopic image of magazines and microphones.
Success and fame
Loss and heartbreak
No I don't want this life
No, I don't want this, no
Ooh, oooooh This is no life for me

The stage becomes dark as SKLO walks down the aisles from the side of the stadium opposite the stage, lit from behind by golden lights. As the instrumental begins, the couples that make up the group pause and begin to dance down the aisles. They are dressed in iridescent white suits and dresses, with golden crowns atop their heads. Anja glides in from behind in a dark metallic outfit on a steel glider, engulfed in crimson-purple flames. She is accompanied by four aerial dancers suspended from the ceiling, with rotating red-orange sparking pyros strapped to their backs, and glides along the perimeter of the stadium before landing on the vacated stage. As she does so, the members of SKLO whirl around her, with dual phalanxes of what appear to be highly ornamented soldiers clad in gold and white marching down the aisles, pure white fireworks launching from their backs. A coordinated fusillade of fireworks then erupts from the stage, then continues down the line of marching "soldiers". The two phalanxes stop as they reach the stage and turn around at attention. Anja appears to be dueling the members of SKLO on the stage, with the stage and the background screen portraying a massive portal created from the sun's fire. As the instrumental ends, Anja's metallic outfit collapses to the floor, revealing an elegant white gown trimmed in gold, with the crimson-purple fire fading to a faintly luminescent silvery whisper. The two phalanxes stomp, and Anja begins to sing

[start at 2:46 on video]

Fifty years it takes before I rise
Now my wings are unleashed as I defy
The only home I knew

The lights of the stadium brighten and intensify, with brilliant beams of white and gold glinting off the ornaments and trimmings of the performers. SKLO dances around Anja in a victorious manner, waving metallic gold and iridescent white ribbons that ripple through the air
You can ask me now how I lived my life
You can judge me how you'd like while I
Fly so far away
Fly so far away
Fly so far away

A veritable blizzard of fragrant white petals descends upon the audience and stage, as the two couples making up SKLO dance down the projecting platform and back to the stage
I can see so far now beyond the light
My heart can't restrain this divine delight
Oh so far away

A shower of golden confetti joins the blizzard of white petals in falling from the ceiling, as Anja steps forward with her arms outstretched, looking toward the ceiling
Forget all the pain that we've denied
Bring me closer to somber Fate as I
Fly so far away
Fly so far away
Fly so far away

The petals and confetti stop falling, and the stadium and stage dim to the faint white and gold glow of the accents. Anja is only softly lit as she closes her eyes and kneels
Fly so far away

The spotlight slowly dims, with SKLO silhouetted in the back by faint white lights

As the lights return to normal, and the roar of the audience's applause dies down, Ilta Achterberg and Pilvi take the stage. Having both also tied for first, but having ended up in second place unlike Anja and SKLO, they had a natural connection with each other and also joy for Anja and SKLO and their success.
"Well, that was amazing, wasn't it? A pair of excellent performances from the previous contest's tie for first!" Ilta proclaims, accompanied by a cheer from the audience.
"You've got that right, Ilta. And the world has some new contenders ready to perform for us tonight. I imagine the crowd's ready? I sure am," Pilvi adds to more cheers.
"Well there we are. To freedom! To heartbreak! To love! Let us begin the 22nd World Hit Festival, here in Frigidekasai, Tödlichebujoku!"
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:36 pm

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:44 pm

01. Bloodbath Generation
Love Me- VITAS
to the tune of Sorry-Justin Beiber

FRIGIDEKASAI- Bloodbath Generation hopes to make a solid return to the World Hit Festival after a string of mixed finishes. The national broadcaster, BGBC, came under fire for not bringing a "complete" entry to the last edition, reflecting poorly on the nation. 17-year-old VITAS was offered the chance to represent the nation after his meteoric rise up the charts, thanks in part to his presence on social media. BGBC were hoping this, along with a more current-pop sound, were enough to secure a respectable result in Tödlichebujoku, a nation generally known for their point exchange with Bloodbath Generation.

Red- background singers

Oooooh, oooooh.

Wake up with you by my side but you still won't look me in the eye
Out on the field but you cheer for the other side
Don't know what to think but I just want to know is now the time
to make sure
that we still
have that something

Is it true
do you really love me?
Or am I just another body?
Oooh
Is it true
do you really love me?
Yeah I know oh oh that you want more
but is our love still worth fighting for

Oooooh, oooooh.
Do you love me?
Yeah
Oooooh, oooooh.

3 AM texts and I've met all your friends but still don't feel that close
But at this rate I think we know where the story goes
I split apart and then you split apart and go your own way
leave me here
in the dust
standing lonely

Is it true
do you really love me?
Or am I just another body?
Oooh
Is it true
do you really love me?

I need you more than anybody
but if you see me as just a body
Oooh
I don't know
if you really love me

Oooooh, oooooh.
Do you love me?
Yeah
Oooooh, oooooh.
trumpets
Oooooh, oooooh.
Do you love me?

Oooooh, oooooh.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:47 pm

02. IZMEDU
Emil - Forsaken

Emilija Zovko, was a part-time singer hailing from the county of Ivica, in the small municipality of Obelenja which was connected to Mousiki, where she worked her day job as a port of call for mental health support hotlines as well as doing a night shift for as a 911 operator, Singing, despite it being her main passion, was often put on the wayside as she was forced to learn the value of having to work hard and put your dreams aside. Even though they were valuable lessons that she holds deep to her heart and make up the foundation of her values, her dreams of singing, stardom, and being recognized for the message she sends as an artist have been trampled around mercilessly, especially those close to her, which have actively discouraged her love of music. This destruction of her dreams was only part of the pain she went through in her first ten years of life.

Born at the cusp of the Izmeduan Revolution's end, she was born in a time of turmoil, of confused views and a government that was just beginning to stake its sovereign claim on the land. Thus, multiple forces were fighting to take political control of the country, leading to a lack of social tolerance within the nation for a short period of time, and it is in that period of time where Emilija began schooling just as the country rebuilt its entire infrastructure. During that time, Emilija was mercilessly bullied for all of her 'undesirable, non-traditional' traits as the country's social norms were heavily tethered towards finding a core social identity. Emilija was not overtly feminine, though not a tomboy, she often stayed quiet and let people step over her, her demeanor led to her peers taking advantage of her personality from junior high and on, finding bullies everywhere she went along with fake friends. This was compounded with her family's ailing health at the aftermath of the revolution. Her father had become a vegetable from a brain injury caused by war due to his services in the Izmeduan Revolutionary Army, while her mother was struggling to make ends meet and had delegated responsibility to Emilija herself. At the tender age of 13, she had witnessed her father die right before her very eyes, slowly dying as his eyes closed and pulse stopped, all the while she was being bullied and tormented at school.

Music was a relief, despite many people telling her not to pursue it as a career. She put her feelings to song, her voice, while not powerful or even technically pleasing, was a suitable vehicle for her to let loose her emotions without resorting to sobbing it out on someone's shoulder. In a sense, it had literally saved her life, for Emilija knew what would've happened if she had let the feelings bubble up inside and consume her entire being. Despite stability in her life after she graduated from University and as Izmedu rebuilt itself in earnest, there were burgeoning feelings of depression that she couldn't escape. Songwriting could only do so much, and as much as she found solace in pouring her emotions out alone, there was no one she could go to truly release her emotions. They had still bubbled up, and this filled her with a sense of dread. Music couldn't save her alone, and neither could work as she had to be a soundboard, she needed someone before it was too late...

This was where, watching the 39th WorldVision Song Contest after a long day, thinking it to be some light entertainment after a grueling day from work. She enjoyed the Polkopian song well enough, but song #9 from Tödlichebujoku truly shook her to her core. WorldVision was the last thing she expected to leave her open to truly expose her emotions, but the moment LUMI sang the heartbreaking chorus of “Shadow,” she was hooked to the TV. Her heart beating fast and her being immediately relating to the song, she felt as if time stopped as the Tödlichebujoki entry played live. The song was speaking to her and also simultaneously her at the same time, the words that Valtimo was softly rapping eerily mirrored hers. The instrumentation set the mood almost too perfectly. The last line of Valtimo's first verse “My mind is dying, my soul is dying, can't save me, can't save me,” truly opened her. The song had made her realize what she was confronting within her emotions, what she truly desired deep within her after a hard childhood. Emilija knew people have it harder than her, but to hear what she truly wanted, played out in song...

The memory of “Shadow” didn't escape her, and it was what encouraged her to take up singing in earnest as she entered her 20s. As much as the entry inspired her, she knew there was no way her style would work for WorldVision, but Emilija, who now dubbed herself as Emil as her stage persona, was happy to just gain some sort of internet fame and live out her stardom dreams in a smaller scale. Emil wrote songs that dealt directly with her depression and how her thoughts can veer towards hopelessness and despair. It was far more cathartic than anything she ever came up with, and her direct, honest vocal style made her a temporarily viral for a short period of time. However, Emil was slow in her songwriting craft, and it took a while to develop a selection of songs, all centered around the same theme. Some were aggressive, some were somber, but they were all tethered to her emotions.

At the opening of World Hit Festival submissions, suggested to her heavily by her online fanbase. She thought about it, the World Hit Festival was typically was much more smaller than the WorldVision Song Contest. Though Emil thought it to be a moment of hubris, if her fans thought she was worthy, she submitted her impromptu extended play of songs, more demos than anything, to RTI, preparing herself for the rejection, assuming her conflicted and dark past would put her out of the running as well as the fact that she had none of the qualities that made one a standout performer.

Emil was picked, and RTI, knowing the backstory behind Emil's life and the fact that she made it a point of her support for a certain Tödlichebujoki song, emphasized slightly that WHF22 would be hosted by Tödlichebujoku, causing a mix of emotions to go within her as she took in the fact that she became the Izmeduan representative. Relief and happiness, she was chosen, she had succeeded. Yet, what truly excited her was that the host city was Frigidekasai, the country of Tödlichebujoku. Her audience would expand, and even if her music contained no messages of support, Emil hoped she would be able to affect someone the same way Valtimo and LUMI affected her.

Emil knew her song was a huge risk in regards to RTI, and she didn't dare try to think how the fact that a single song changed her life would affect her perceptions to not only the Izmeduan public, but by the multiverse. As it came time to perform, she walked onto the stage, taking a deep breath...

The stage was dark, as Emil was set on the footsteps on the small set of stairs that led up to the circular design that represented a portal. Despite the many effects the stage offered, the staging would be kept simple and dark, lighting up and using minimal effects at appropriate times. As a moody piano instrumental was played, a single light was lit up and slowly made its way to Emil, acting as her spotlight. She was revealed to be wearing a dark red bomber jacket, white shirt, and black pants. The spotlight was configured in a way that would cast a shadow over Emil's face, dark enough to accentuate her emotions but also bright enough for her expressions to be seen. The camera panned closely to her position, accentuating her somber face as she looked down during intro, slowly beginning to spin around her, and stopping as she looked directly at it for the song's first verse...

I stand here in hollowness
Isolated, afraid
My face smiles as my soul rots
A silent flood of pain

She remained sat down as she sang directly to the camera, with her momentarily looking down at some parts of the verse. Her vocal was direct, her voice soft but striking, and her eyes conveyed almost too perfectly the sorrow she tried lay bare on stage. At the third line, she smiles a sad smile, reflecting the lyrics before turning away at the verse's end, standing up as the stage slowly lit up in dimmed white lights, casting a shadow over the stage's futuristic design as the camera moved along with her.

Am I still worthy?

The camera panned to a slightly lit stage, where Emil was standing alone against a darkened portal. At a soft bang before the second verse, streaks of light were gently launched from the auxiliary lights that weren't activated, as well as the portal now being colored white as well as the background screen showing an abstraction of broken glass.

I stand here, trapped in darkness
No future, no purpose
I am only just an unknown
A damned, transient existence

The camera faded back to a close view of her face, where she sang the second verse directly to the camera, the shadows in her face being further accentuated by the white lights around the stage. Though the camera didn't pan back to the stage, the last line of the second verse saw the mirror in the background screen reverse color, the cracks once white were now black against a white background, as the lights on the portal faded.

My life lived in vain
My existence bereft of joy and happiness
Oh, there is no relief from this agony

The view became wider as Emil sung the chorus, which saw her moving in front of the background screen, with the camera view being close enough to see her expressions against the broken glass on the screen. Her eyes were closed as the chorus emotions began to overflow, crouching down slightly as she sang in a way to physically channel her emotions without compromising her vocal.

All I plead for, is liberation
All I beg for, a reprieve from pain
What is my purpose?

At the start of the chorus' latter half, there was a return back to a close view of Emil, as she sang these three lines directly to the camera, holding the microphone with both hands. At the end of the third line, the lights began to dim slightly as the cracks on the broken mirror dissolved with the screen now a blank, black background. The camera remained affixed to a view of Emil looking sideways, her eyes glancing downwards as her face contained a sorrowful expression, visibly breathing as if she were trying to keep herself together.

The instrumentation 'sweeped' slightly as it acted as a bridge to the song's final verse, with the camera cutting to a wide view of the stage at the latter half of the short instrumental interval. On the background screen, words began to be written in a handwritten, messy way, such as: be brave. Keep smiling. Bear the pain. I do not matter. I have no purpose. These phrases were interlaced with each other, and began to dominate the screen, but were readable if one looked carefully enough. This continued as the third verse started.

I stand here, losing my will
Exhausted, disfigured
Smiling as the pain recedes
Oh, they will never know...

The words on the screen began to change to the lyrics she sang, being 'written' as she sang each line. The camera maintained a close view of her face, closed now and looking down, and a view of the writings on the screen. Which began to get progressively darker and hopeless as the verse wore on, on top of the sung verse. I can no longer smile. Someone help me. I am lost...

My life lived in vain
Oh, there is no relief from this agony

The delivery of this chorus was far more intense than the previous time, with the words still being written on the screen as she sang, which became slightly cleared out in time for the chorus. The camera switched to a view of her imposed on the screen, her expression of sadness reflected on the words she was singing, which were written real-time on the screen. There was slightly more power to her voice, more emotion, as she rocked back and forth as she sang.

How do I endure?

The lyrics kept getting written in the screen, with the biggest and most emphasized words being the last lyric of the chorus, the word 'endure' taking up its own line. The camera kept it gazed affixed towards Emil the whole time, with her sorrow gaze into the camera being the last shot of the chorus. As she sang 'endure' she looked directly to the camera, then sideways, an image of her eternalized from the previous chorus.

The words behind her dissolved, as she took a step back in preparation for the song's final reprise of the chorus, with her visibly breathing as she clasped the microphone for dear life, her eyes visibly becoming watery.

Yes, hell is what I deserve, deserve

This lone line appeared on the screen, with the line lingering on for a few seconds, her vocals wavering at the second instance of deserve as her emotions began to pierce her performance facade.

My life lived in vain
Oh, hope is only found at life's bitter end
Is life worth living?

Emil's vocals were forceful and were at their most powerful as she launched into the final chorus, with no effects on the background screen as the lights remained a static white. For the closing chorus, the camera view remained solely on Emil, with her now singing directly to the camera as there was a clear glint in her eyes, emphasized by the shadows on her face. She visibly arched forward to the camera, reaching towards her audience not only at the arena, but to those watching at home... At the end of the second to line, her voice went higher as her emotions truly got to her.

Is life worth living...

The last line echoed throughout the arena as Emil put her head down as the song closed itself off, a haunting piano played alongside a mournful orchestral. The stage lights dimmed as the song entered its final few seconds, closed off by a low piano chord as Emil was visibly crying, hidden only by the darkening stage.

The lights brightened slowly, giving time for Emil to compose herself as she blew kisses towards the Tödlichebujoki audience, tears streaming down her voice.

“Thank you... Thank you so much...” Emil said, before hesitantly walking towards backstage.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:48 pm

_03. _Tödlichebujoku_

Set Us Free

Henrik Lang & Gabija Yamaguchi

With Tödlichebujoku's first win in WHF after a long string of attempts, and its third tie for first place, SterGo100 had finally truly made a name for itself in the broadcasting world. The broadcaster, now with one official success under its belt, felt comfortable enough to enter something into the contest- a pair of young singers that met in a reality singing competition with a song that many felt fell firmly under the umbrella of "standard song competition power ballad". While SterGo100, Henrik, and Gabija felt the song was unique enough to make waves in the Festival, critics thought the singer combination was artificial and that the broadcaster was simply bandwagoning on the popularity of the reality show that the two came from, pairing them with that clichéd song genre. Henrik and Gabija have worked diligently with SterGo100 to dispel these notions and create something worthy of following up a win, but nothing is for certain.

Both 18-year-old natives of Blutigenteikei, Henrik Lang and Gabija Yamaguchi both entered the show "Hopeinen Ááni" as teenagers in hopes of being able to pursue their passion of singing. Gabija started out with a background in theater, while Henrik came in with just a few vocal lessons. However, he learned quickly and eventually the two were put together by the producers of the show due to their similar styles. After an initial period of awkwardness, the pair forged a close friendship and became finalists on the show, but didn't end up winning the trophy and prize money. However, they caught the attention of a large portion of the viewership and soon became minor celebrities. With their WHF entry doubling as their first single, much is riding on its success. The two have had much input on the lyrics and performance, with Henrik's part referencing his insecurities during "Hopeinen Ááni" as a relatively untrained singer and Gabija's part referencing her love of plants. With the example of "Far Away" before them and the nation's ambient magic at hand, they've been able to create something that just might work to both lyrically and visually wow the international audience. Will the up-and-coming duo's efforts help them make it big? Or are the critics correct?

A streak of blue zips across the dark stage. Henrik is slowly illuminated on the left side of the stage, facing the left stadium wall away from the stage and the audience, staring intently forward and surrounded by pools of what seems to be blood. His expression softens as he sings
Oh, oh
Oh, oh

This is the morning where I feel I won't cry
Oh, oh
Oh, oh

When evening comes I know I will not die

He looks up, as if addressing the heavens, seemingly on the verge of tears
Smiling toward the sun
All my fears disappear
The rush of the wind, it comes
To open my eyes and allow me to see

He closes his eyes and looks down for a moment, and a faint smile breaks out as he looks back up and opens his eyes. The bloody liquid starts turning into gold
Today makes me feel, so free
The breath of the cooling breeze
And all of it makes me believe
There's so much that can be

He turns and stares directly into the audience exultantly as the lights intensify on him
This is my new beginning
This is my second chance
This is the second wind that can set my new self free
I can see the beauty
I can see the sunlight
I can see the wonders of this shining world around me

Henrik clutches at his heart as he sings passionately, the pools of gold around him glimmering in the light
The sunlight, the starlight, the moonlight, it pierces, the shell that I've become and almost died in
Till I let the sunlight set me free
Till I let the sunlight set me free

The lights fade somewhat on Henrik as Gabija is illuminated, facing away from the audience, toward the stadium wall and surrounded by ash. Initially she is looking down, but then raises her head
Oh, oh
Oh, oh

Last night I looked up to the dazzling stars in the sky
Oh, oh
Oh, oh

And I bathed in their faint, wavering rays of light

She seems to be singing to someone in front of her
It's been so long without the sun
We've been attracted to the raging fire
All that had grown was long gone, devoured by the flames of the fire

She looks toward the back of the stage for a moment, then extends her arms joyfully before her. The ash around her darkens as if wet
So the morning rays of dawn
So unfamiliar, they're unreal
As the night retreats away
I can see paradise return

She turns to the audience, a rapturous expression on her face as the lights intensify on her and the ash sprouts a multitude of tiny green plants
The beauty of the sunlight
Invigorates the earth
The beauty of the sunlight brings new life to the world
You can feel the power
You can feel the life
You can feel the energy of all becoming right

Gabija gestures to the ash and growth around her, which is slowly becoming a knee-high thicket of lush plant life
All these rocks, all this sand, all this water now becomes something greater than all their parts combined
You can watch the sunlight set us free
You can watch the sunlight set us free

The lights brighten again on Henrik, looking out over the audience in a state of euphoria
I feel connected to the stars
Like nothing else, I've felt so fa-a-ar
I can open up to the sky
And I can have no fear, that I might be left undo-o-one

Henrika and Gabija join together and step forward, the background screen and stage lights simulating rays of sunlight
So we embrace the morning sun
And the warming gusts
Like nothing else so fa-a-ar

They each raise a hand up to the ceiling, and let it drop to their side
Our souls can reach up to the stars
Come back down
In freefa-a-a-all

Back to back, they sing with all their joy and passion
We can run, we can leap, we can fly beyond what we thought we could do before this (before this)
Before the sunlight came to set us free

The lights dim for a moment, then return with full intensity, with the stage's main structure and background screen appearing like a radiant sun. Beautiful, shimmering crystals emerge from Henrik's pools of gold, and Gabija's lush thicket erupts into a riot of colorful blossoms. The two face the audience again, arms outstretched, as if embracing the world
We can run, we can leap, we can fly beyond what we thought we could do before this

They stride down the projecting platform, with a stream of crystalline gold following Henrik and a bountifully flowering vine trailing Gabija. When they reach the end of the platform, they stand back to back again, each with one arm stretched out to the audience

The lights dim until Henrik and Gabija are lit only from below, and then even that source of light disappears. However, the gold and flowers glow noticeably in the darkness, reminders of the intense light previously and beacons of hope for the light to come

"Kiitos kaikki niin paljon!" the two singers shout. "Thank you so much!" they add, before leaving the stage. The cleanup crew clears away the gold and plants in preparation for the next act.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:51 pm

04. - Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
Ållße - Monsters
Tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0WPhm4WTqY

Ållße are a duo from Helthiginkurtedenst (Yes, the city names are nearly as long as the country's name, and that city's name literally means "All Saints Church"), the second largest city (and one of the only two cities, according to Moneroglissan Law) in Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles. They are engaged and set to become married next year. They are pioneers in the Monaeroglissan alternative scene. They have had great success in the country itself, as well as in Normandy and Picardy. They are known for insightful lyrics which talk about how they view the modern world and people. Their most successful song, "People Annoy Me, Sometimes", is a perfect example of this. The singer, Ils Träden, aged 28, is somewhat of a celebrity in Monaeroglisseuer as well, having hosted a series of talent shows and having appeared on several TV shows in Normandy and Picardy. She has been in a relationship with the instrumentalist", Han Fughen (27) for 5 years, and during most of those five years they have performed as Ållße (which in Aeroglist means "Everything"). They both met at the Caen School of Music in Normandy and Picardy, and soon after they both left they began producing music.

BNRT, as it did last contest, decided to fund Monaeroglisseur to "allow more choice and variety in the contest", with some seeing the entry as almost an entry for BNRT Radio 6 (a radio station with a strong reputation of being more "alternative", with a show hosted by Normand personality and commentator Marcus Riveron), in both WHF and WV. BNRT had originally intended that Ållße would be the Normand entry to WHF, but they were persuaded that it is right that the duo get to perform for their own country on both the WV and WHF stage. When they discovered the news, the group said, "We can't wait for the challenge in both contests, and to show what we can do".

The stage is completely dark, and covered in a layer of smoke. The background is also completely pitch black. The audience wait in anticipation for the Monaeroglissan act to begin, not knowing what to expect. As the song begins, the stage remains completely black. As Ils begins to sing, a light shines on her, showing her face and nothing else. She is pale white, almost ethereal, and the cameras zoom directly on her face as she sings. As the song carries on, a series of white lines appear and fill the screen, creating a pattern like this. Gradually, as the pattern builds, more and more of Ils becomes visible. In the back Han can just be seen, pressing buttons and turning dials. However, he is still fairly hidden by the darkness and the smoke.

Der vaner, se veipefallånd (The walls, they keep on falling)
Der blotam einhesi gles renam (The blood pours like rain )
Daß pfüirolser, se veipebrenaisi (The fires of hell, they just burn on)
Gles ein bösaltz acidenrautz (Like a bad acid trip)
Im er sedem en mün traumer (I see it in my dreams)
Millondes stumer venend (A million voices crying)
End er pfülesi sagüt (And it feels so good)
Åbes im pfülem safals (But yet I feel so wrong)
End im hauzju mürselb (And I hear myself)
Segen kene vün mün gebt (Saying none of my prayers)

As the chorus begins, there is a gentle flash of light and the pattern of black and light changes to something more like [url=http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/op-art-black-white-pattern-print-no336-drinka-mercep.jpg]this[url], with the main triangle shapes expanding and falling. The same producers who made the Normand entry helped make this, so they decided "Why not use the holograms for all those nations who like killing people who haven't actually used them?", and so during the chorus holographic hands made up of white lines with black gaps, writhing around. The cameras pan around a little.

Monsters
Yet they don't notice
Killers
But it's for a cause
Freedom
Is the price we pay

The lights gently flash on and off a few times, before becoming dark again, and the hands disappear. The cameras slowly zoom in on Ils again. She holds her hands to her face in a very ghostly manner, before pulling them down her sides on the second line. She then moves her body, letting an almost natural wave flow through her, moving with the music. The camera pans a little before returning to Ils as she sings the last line, where she pretends to plunge a knife into her stomach. She looks up and closes her eyes as she does this and sing the word "vain".

The flame of hate soothes and burns
As it licks our skin
And fills us with brilliant images
Of our own glories
No wonder that
We were left here
To kill ourselves in vain

As she begins to sing the chorus, Ils points at the audience in a deathly manner, before letting her hand fall loose. She continues flowing with the music, and a cage made up of light slowly builds its way around her. By the end of the chorus, the light cage surround her. Throughout the chorus, the cameras panned around.

Monsters
Yet they don't notice
Killers
But it's for a cause
Freedom
Is the price we pay

The lights turn off and the background returns to black. A faint white light turns on and off at the back of the stage as Ils sings, acting as if she's trying to escape her cage, before eventually giving up. As this section, the cage falls, and the original line pattern begins to build itself again.

Read it on those screens
Watch it at home all alone
Hook yourself up and
Stare into the abyss

Ils begins to rise up against the smoke on he platform as the final chorus begin, and the hands return. The faint light is joint by several around the stage, turning on and off at the same time. The cameras move slowly around Ils, turning around to show Han briefly. As the song ends, the white lights finally fade and the stage is left pitch balck again.
Monsters
Killers
There is a price to pay
Monsters
Yet they don't notice
Killers
But it's for a cause
Freedom
Is the price we pay
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:52 pm

05. Ethane
Kristian Dowling- Nothing Wrong

Coverage of the World Hit Festival 22 is brought to you by ENTV- THE NATIONS PREMIER BROADCASTER

Kristian Dowling is a 16 year old male artist. He recently rose to prominence through youth talent shows in Ethane, and many people felt he was ready to compete against adults at the World Hit Festival. Throughout his school career, he has been very musically talented, which is shown through his musical choice in subjects. He has just completed his GCSE'S before coming here to compete. At 12 years old, he started to travel around Ethane to compete in talent shows, as many teachers and his parents felt that he had to get himself out there, as he loved singing, and he was so good at it. At the age of 14, he was spotted by a small record studio called Kitsune, which helped him to start developing music. He has since been developing music and going on tours when he is not studying at school. He is about to go on a tour after the World Hit festival, going to 28 separate venues across Ethane in 2 months and 3 days. After this tour, he will be releasing his first album, called O.K, which he feels conveys many personal messages to his fans, and shares many secrets with people that he has never shared before. He is a keen advocate for gay rights and marriage, as he is gay himself, which has been strongly criticised by many people in the church he attended when he was younger. He moved to a more accepting church 2 years ago, and was a keen supporter, along with his new church, in the gay marriage bill, which legalised gay marriage in Ethane. He feels strongly about many issues, and uses his songs to convey these messages. He was chosen by a panel of judges which selected him as the most promising act in Ethane, and they also obviously selected him to represent Ethane at this festival. This will be his largest gig yet, and is hoping to create a large international fan base. He has been labelled the 'New Justin Bieber' by many people, but Kristian is keen to point out that he is completely different from Justin Bieber, and wishes to be disassociated with him. Good luck to Kristian, the youngest competitor at an international competition yet.

@WHF22, @KristianDowling: Good luck to you Kristian #preach #Kristianforthewin

The stage is dark and the hall is silent, waiting for Kristian to begin. The ethereal sound begins on stage. The piano starts playing on the track, and a solitary light shines on to Kristian, who is standing in the centre of the stage, on his own, with the microphone in hand. The rest of the stage remains dark, as if trying to obscure something from view, so that no one can see it. Kristian flicks his hair to the side, before staring into the TV cameras. As he begins to sing, 2 red lights shine onto him from behind, and red lights flicker on around the room, creating a red aurora- like glow in the audience, creating a mysterious effect. The stage remains fairly dark, so that you can only see Kristian and a couple of black outlines of people, who are mysterious to the audience. While singing the chorus, he slowly walks forward towards the front of the stage.

Why you gotta hide?
Stand by my side
Let the whole world see
Let them see our love
Don’t be scared to show
Who you wanna be
Yeah, There’s nothing wrong, with you or me
Yeah, there’s nothing wrong with you or me

As he finishes the chorus, and the ethereal music begins again to fill in the gap between separate sections of the song, the lights brighten on the stage, so that there is a spotlight focusing on each of the black silouhettes, revealing 4 boys, about Kristian's age standing there. As the verse begins, they pair up and dance with each other as partners, as Kristian walks backwards while singing between them towards the back of the stage. At one point in the middle of the chorus, Kristian plays to the viewers at home on ENTV and other broadcasters in other countries by singing facing the camera, following it round as it pans round him.

Ooh, other people may see you in another way
Just cause they don’t like don’t mean we have to change
Ooh, there’s not enough love in the world tonight
Its not like everyone’s going to be satisfied
No oh oh, no one cares for twats
Who would care when he looks like that
I really don’t have to say
If they don’t like it they can look away

The lighting situation remains simple, with the red lights still shining into the audience, and the 3 spotlights trained on the performers on stage, 1 on each of the dancing pairs and 1 on Kristian as he sings. The aim of the special effects was to limit them severely, and create a calm, simple atmosphere, while not using the screen at the back of the stage, to follow the simplicity and relaxing aspect of the song.

Why you gotta hide?
Stand by my side
Let the whole world see
Let them see our love
Don’t be scared to show
Who you wanna be

During the ethereal music, another male dancer around Kristian's age appears from the darkness on stage and begins to dance with Kristian, who has a massive smile on his face, beaming into the cameras. Then, as the pre- chorus begins, Kristian separates from the dancer, but creates the feeling that he is singing to the 'dancer' rather than to anyone else like the audience or the viewers, trying to convey a deeper message to the audience about the song, and make it feel like the message in the song is actually real between them (heads up: it is). The lighting situation remains simple, with the red lights still beaming out into the audience and the 3 spotlights trained on the stage, one on each of the pairs of dancers and the 3rd one on Kristian and now the other dancer,who Kristian is holding one of his hands with while staring into the dancers eyes, portraying an emotional bond.

No oh oh, no one cares for twats
Who would care when he looks like that
I really don’t have to say
If they don’t like it they can look away

The Lighting and positioning of all the artists on stage remains the same, just the red light shining into the audience begins to fade, making the hall go back into darkness again by almost the end of the chorus. Kristian is still staring into the dancers eyes while singing.

Why you gotta hide?
Stand by my side
Let the whole world see
Let them see our love
Don’t be scared to show
Who you wanna be

The spotlights on the other dancers turn off, as well as the red light having completely faded by now, leaving the hall and stage completely dark apart from the one spotlight trained on Kristian and the other guy, the 'dancer', who are still staring into each others eyes, and sing this final bit together.

Once the singing finishes, Kristian and the other guy/'dancer/'singer' hold both hands together and stare into each others eyes. The final spotlight switches off until the music completely stops, when the spotlights come back on, with Kristian and the guy still staring into each others eyes. The dancers realise and tap them on the shoulders, where they snap out of it and sya goodnight to the audience, then walk off stage to some 'awws' from some of the girls at the front of the crowd.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:56 pm

06. Anollasia
The Folks - Flaming Jack
Tune: The Beatles - Rocky Raccoon (this is a Dailymotion link, due to many Beatles songs being blocked on YouTube)

Left to right: Kieran Formach, Morgan Limankaya, James Hales, and Ender Vilford

The Folks are an Anollasian folk group formed in the town of Geleture in 2010, consisting of James Hales (vocals and guitar), Kieran Formach (piano, harmonica, and backing vocals), Morgan Limankaya (drums), and Ender Vilford (bass and backing vocals). They started off performing in small bars and cafés until they got signed to Line Records and recorded two albums (The Folks [2013] and Tales [2015]). This song is from Tales. It's about Flaming Jack (1861-1887), an Anollasian outlaw whose real name was Jack Mulroney. He was known for robbing and then setting the location on fire after, as well as countless other crimes.

The first verses are a pigment of James Hales' imagination (since not much is known about Flaming Jack's life before he became an outlaw), who penned the song, but everything else is fairly accurate.

The stage illuminates and The Folks are revealed in the centre of it. James is at the front, closest to the audience, while slightly to the right and behind him is Kieran at the honky-tonk piano, to the left of Kieran is Ender with a double bass, and at the very back is Morgan with a simple drum kit.

James, sitting on a barstool, gently starts playing the acoustic guitar after the applause is over. He lightly strums a chord and starts singing in a cowboy-style accent. There are animated visuals on the screen behind along with the music. There are green hills, then it shows the historic part of the group's hometown of Geleture, which suddenly turns into animation and a boy is shown, presumably Jack. A man, presumably his father, is having a showdown with another man and is shot. Jack, watching, is in ruins and crying. But then he 'snaps' and shows an evil grimace.

Somewhere in the green mining hills of mid Anollasia, there lived a young boy named Flaming Jack
One day, his papa stood off and then he died
Hit young Jacky in the heart
Jacky didn't like that, he said "I'm gonna make you pay"
So one day, he decided to become an outlaw and pillage and loot

His cowboy-style accent mostly disappears for the rest of the song. On the screen, there is a still of Jack, which slowly morphs into his grown up version.

Ol' Flaming Jack
Now older than that
Committing all the sins in the bible

Morgan comes in with a simple, laid back drum beat. On the screen, Jack is shown running with a dozen policemen chasing after him.

Jacky had run, from all the police guns
And tore down the will of his rivals
His rivals it seems, upheld law with steel beams
Yet he was still stealing as much as he fancied

Ender comes in with the double bass, while Kieran plays the harmonica, weaving through the vocals. Jack is pointing a gun at the audience on the screen, and then lowers it, starting to count money. Then, he gets on a horse, lights a match and lights a saloon on fire.

His hobby was to kill
And his wallets were filled
And burnt every on route pansy

Jack enters a bank and points a gun at the banker and the banker immediately searches around for money to give him.

Now, he walked up to the man
A gun in his hand
Demanded all the money in the bank, now

The banker hands Jack bags of money and in a thought bubble, he pictures boats full of money.

Jacky was rich
His bags were soon filled
He said, "Man, oh man, money coming in boats now!"

The 'ah' at the end of this verse is in falsetto. After "he drew first and shot", Morgan imitates the sound of a gunshot with his drums. On the screen, the exterior of the bank is shown and a few seconds later, Jack comes out and lights the building on fire.

But Jacky was hot
He drew first and shot
Then Jacky set the building on fire
Ah!

The tempo picks up and so does the energy. Kieran puts the harmonica on top of the piano and starts playing a saloon style honky-tonk riff on the piano. Morgan and Ender also pick up pace, while James gets up with his guitar hanging by a strap and starts dancing, closing his eyes, waving his arms as if he is at a saloon hoedown, singing the following. On the screen, the bank is shown burning, while Flaming Jack immediately leaves on horseback towards the "doo doo doo", firefighters and police arrive.

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

The Folks calm down and go back to 'normal'; James sits down and continues gently playing the acoustic guitar and singing the following verses, Kieran stops playing the piano, Morgan and Ender slow down and relax again. On the screen, there is a caricature of Abdullah Hezarfen, elected as Prime Minister in 1886, but abused power and became dictator of a military dictatorship. Then there's a cartoon still of Jack.

A new leader came in
Abdullah Hezarfen
Proceeded to vie to catch Jack, now
He said, "Jacky, you made your match"
And Jacky said, "Man, you're only a rash"
And "You won't catch me, you won't catch me, man, I'm smooth as silk and able!"

Jack is shown in his log cabin in the middle of a forest, drinking some whiskey, as some soldiers break into the cabin and take him away.

And now ol' Flaming Jack
Had met his doom
He was caught by his police rivals

James pretty much screams the 'ah!' this time. On the screen, Jack is sitting in a dark dungeon, distressed. There is a faint image of a rope for hangings. Just as James screams, Jack also opens his mouth as if he's screaming.

Hideous and freaking out
And he left the world, no doubt
After a shocking and painful torture!
Ah!

The group liven up and pick up pace again with Kieran playing the saloon style honky-tonk piano, Morgan and Ender playing faster, and James getting up and dancing as if in a hoedown and enthusiastically singing the final lyrics. On the screen, the animation is gone and it becomes live action. There is a hoedown; people dancing in a saloon, presumably celebrating that Flaming Jack is gone and will no longer trouble them.

Yeah, yeah

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo

Come on, Jacky boy
Come on, Jacky boy

At the end, James mumbles something unintelligible and the song ends with a blast, literally. Confetti is blasted from cannons and the group bows as the audience applauds. "Thank you", James says before The Folks leave the stage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:57 pm

07. Britonisea
Xterior - The High Life
SIGMA - Glitterball

Right up there, at the top of the world.
Drinking a cocktail, in my pent house,
Living what some people, call it...
The High Life, The High Life

Now, don't get made, there ain't no point.
We will fly across the sky, we will reach that point,
When we know, it's all true

ooooh, the high life.
oooooh, a shinin' light.
oooooh, it's so bright.
It's all...for you.
ooooh, the high life.
oooooh, a shinin' light.
oooooh, it's so bright.
It's all...for you.

The High Life, Yes, the Great Life.

Tick Tack Toe, oh I got you out.
Let us walk down the highstreet, now.
Before, we end it all.

ooooh, the high life.
oooooh, a shinin' light.
oooooh, it's so bright.
It's all...for you.
ooooh, the high life.
oooooh, a shinin' light.
oooooh, it's so bright.
It's all...for you.

Hold me tonight, so tight, so tight.
You got me tonight, it's true, it's true.
Look at the lights, the night, so bright.
It's all for you.

Tick Tack Toe, oh I got you out.
Let us walk down the highstreet, now.
Before, we end it all.

ooooh, the high life.
oooooh, a shinin' light.
oooooh, it's so bright.
It's all...for you.
ooooh, the high life.
oooooh, a shinin' light.
oooooh, it's so bright.
It's all...for you.

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:58 pm

08. Gim

Taetae, whose actual name is Kim Taeyeon (born March 9, 1989), is a Gimian singer and actress. She is a member of Gimian girl group, Girls' Era.

Taetae was born on March 9, 1989 in West Ansan, Gim. Her family consists of her parents, an older brother, and a younger sister.

At the age of 13, Taetae discovered that she was "only talented at singing". During her years in middle school, she commuted from West Ansan to North Ansan every Sunday to receive her vocal training. In 2004 A.D., her former vocal instructor "wanted to acknowledge Taetae's potential" and gave her a chance to be in his song. Later on, she officially received a contract from S.M. Entertainment. Taetae continued her training under S.M. Entertainment and debuted as a part of Girls' Era in 2007 A.D.

Taetae:

Jintae:

Stage is dark, and the audience cannot see anything in front of them. A few seconds later, the lights are turned on, and an animated background of a clear sky and plains are shown. Sheep and the clouds in the background move throughout the performance. Taetae is placed in the center of the stage, wearing a white robe with a black belt and white shoes.

Taetae begins to sing the song with the microphone attached to its stand(0:00-0:20), as the background music is heard from the speakers above the stage. Gimian translation of the lyrics is italicized next to the lyrics.

The beautiful sky-y-y-y-y-y, (아름다운 sky-y-y-y-y-y,)
And the teeming li-i-i-i-i-fe, (아름다운 li-i-i-i-i-fe,)
I wish I could fly-y-y-y-y-y, (날고싶다 fly-y-y-y-y-y,)
Right now, I feel so free. (지금 나는 so free.)

From the right side of the stage, Jintae walks into the center of the stage, wearing a black shirt, black jeans, black shoes, and a gold necklace shaped like a deformed skull.

Ah, what did I just hear? (내가 지금 뭘 들었지?)
A new life being born, life to utterly ruin, (새로운 생명, 망가트릴 생명)
No one will see you; no one will know you, (널 아무도 안봐; 널 아무도 몰라)
In this life, I will make sure, (이 삶에선 널 다)
no one will respect you. (하찮게 볼거야)
"Strong girl, you know you were born to fly" (Strong girl, you know you were born to fly)
That's what many say, (많이들 말하지)
But remember all the trials in your life, (그러나 기억해 너에 모든 고통들)
Always telling you that you don't, (다 너가 살)
Deserve to live, (자격이 없다는것을)
Everyone will see that soon. (Everyone will see that soon)

The crowd begins to roar, as Taetae is about to sing again(0:42-1:03). Camera turns to a part of the crowd holding a banner saying, "Taetae the Free Soul".

Right now, I feel so free. (지금 나는 so free.)

Taetae continues to sign on her microphone, as the camera focuses on her singing face behind the microphone.

As I walk on the endless plains, (평야를 걸을때 마다,)
As I lie with the greenness of plains, (평야에서 누울때 마다,)
I marvel at the magnificence of nature, (자연에 거대함이 보이고,)
I marvel at how everything is very pure. (모든게 청결해 보이고,)

Setting out on a journey, (모험을 떠나고,)
Time is right, "C'est bon journée", (Time's right, oh, 좋은 날,)
To the highest I can go, (높이 떠나 갈거야,)
To the farthest I can go. (멀이 떠나 갈거야,)

Taetae takes the microphone off of her stand and begins to move forward while singing and holding the microphone. Crowd cheers as she makes her way out to the front of the stage. An animated background of a clear sky and plains at the back of the stage becomes gray, darkening the blueness of the sky and the greenness of the fields.

However, the storms drench me, (태풍은 날 적시고,)
The lightning just frightens me, (천둥이 난 두렵고,)
Tears fell and soaked my eyes, (눈물이 흘러 나를,)
Oh-oh-oh, Oh-woo-whoa-oh-oh. (적시고, oh-woo-whoa-oh-oh.)

From the left side of the stage, Jintae walks to just the left end of the stage, wearing a black shirt, black jeans, black shoes, and a gold necklace shaped like a deformed skull. He sings along with Taetae for a single stanza.

Cornered inside a cave, (동굴안에 있는데,)
Wild beasts will growl, so fierce, (동물들이 짖는데,)
That's just what all I hear, (그거만 들리는데,)
Whoa-oh-oh. (Whoa-oh-oh.)

An animated background of a clear sky and plains at the back of the stage regains its color. Taetae walks to where the microphone stand is, positioning herself in the original spot where she used to sing. Jintae exits the stage from the left side.

I hope, I become free. (언젠간 난 so free.)

Taetae pauses for a moment, even though the music is still being played. After a few seconds or so, she begins to sing again.

Taetae removes the microphone from the microphone stand and begins to sing with her microphone in hand, while slowly walking towards the center of the stage. Camera shoots an aerial view of the stage, gradually zooming into where she is located.

The storm has stopped, (비는 그치고,)
The dawn has come, and I walk along, (새벽이 와, 난 또 걸어가,)
Following the stars, (별빛을 따라서,)
Leaving fear behind, (두려움 버리고,)
Leaving horror behind, (공포도 버리고,)
Reaching for the rising sun. (밝은 태양 바라서.)

Song has reached its climax, and Taetae sings with joy and intensity, even singing ad-lib lines. Crowd begins to roar, as the climax of the song is reached. Ad-libs are parenthesized to the right of each translated stanza and marked in orange.

And the teeming li-i-i-i-i-fe (A blessed life), (아름다운 li-i-i-i-i-fe,) (A blessed life)
I wish I could fly-y-y-y-y-y (Fly high, fly high), (날고싶다 fly-y-y-y-y-y,) (Fly high, fly high)

Confetti falls down from the top of the stage as the climax of the song ends. Taetae sings the last stanza of the song in a more calm manner.

This long journey, (이 긴 여정,)
I ask, "When will it end?" (언제 끝날 것인가?,"

Taetae momentarily rests from singing. Music from the speakers on top of the stage play a chorus of:

I wish I could fly-y-y-y-y-y.

Taetae sings the final stanza and remains calm.

When will I become free? (When will I become free?)

Crowd begins to roar after the end of the song; however, the animated background of a clear sky and plains at the back of the stage turns into that of clouds moving across the sky(0:30-0:48; background music included). Afterwards, there is a change of scene to Taetae steadily walking on a green plain and then becoming slightly surprised when she looks up. The scene changes again to a tribe settling on a plain, and one male settler spots Taetae. He begins to smile and wave at her.

Stage becomes dark again, and the crowd roars her name: "Taetae! Taetae!".
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 am

09. Ekoz

Ansen Jargesfehlt - Closer

Ansen Jargesfehlt, 22, is a rising Ekozian star who found fame in 2010 on Superstarsoekke, claiming fifth place. Ansen has released an album that debuted in the top 10 on the Ekoesestoplistann, and has had 2 top 10 hits. His single, 'Closer' represents Ekoz in Todlichebujoku at the World Hit Festival.

Ansen stands centre stage on a podium with a mic stand. The stage is lit with dark oranges, reds and yellows. As the music starts, Ansen looks up into the camera.

Ooooohhhhhh x2

One day, baby, one day is all I need,
To show you the pain I can relieve, uh,
Come closer, your body next to me,

Baby lets go, please don't say no, to me

As the chorus stars, the camera pans out to the stadium revealing the entire stage, the ring around the podium begins to alight with fire simultaneously to the beat of the music. Ansen puts the mic back on the stand and raises his arms. As the "Ooooh" start, the fire around the podium alights constantly, as well as a greater circle around the stage.

So baby come closer, I wanna feel your body next to me,
Baby come closer, our bodies releasing all kinds of sexy steam,

Ooooohhhhh X2

The then darkens again, revealing the same atmospheric lighting as the previous stanza. Again, the camera pans onto Ansen and the podium. Ansen, has steam surrounding, to increase the atmosphere of the song.

Release your inner-soul to me tonight, baby,
Feel the heat, eyes-closed and just let go baby,
No lights and we're naked, go wild, no mistakin'

As the verse quietens and continues, the camera pans onto Ansens sweaty face, where he winks into the camera.

Baby feel the vibe, give yourself to me,

Tonight, me and you can be come one..

As the chorus starts, and the beat builds the camera pans out to the audience and rolls back onto the stage. As the beat kicks in towards the end of the chorus, there are simultaneous blasts of fire, both surrounding the podium, the stage and individual fire blasts on each side of the stage revealing a huge cloud of smoke as well as fire.

So baby come closer, I wanna feel your body next to me,
Baby come closer, our bodies releasing all kinds of sexy steam,
Don't worry about dignity, you and me it's destiny.

As the "Oohhs" start, the fire begins to die down, and the camera pans in on a steamy, flustered Ansen surrounded by smoke. He does one final wink into the camera, and starts grinning beforedeping his head.

Tonight me and you can be come one,
Tonight me and you can become one

Oooooooh
Oooooooooh
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 am

Kalosia
Ov'z Ežit? (Where were you?) - Lisa Skott
performed to the tune of On Ira by Zaz
Kalosian pronunciation guide

Lisa Skott had last participated in FMK5 under her full name Elisabet Skotbrun, back in late 2012 when it was still called Festival di Melodi Mediterranika. A lot has passed since then - she even took the time to rebrand herself. But after her 4th attempt, she finally won the right to represent Kalosia at the World Hit Festival with a song not very different than her usual genre.

On the Frigidekasai stage, she stood alone, wearing all black (ignore the bag). The stage was dark and only a spotlight was on her. She held the mic in hand.

The song begun.
Ov'z ežit kadë ja bisañot te ajdo me?
Ov'z ežit kadë ja ežot triž peki e debil?
Ov'z ežit kadë ja penšot kë puvot fidë te?
Tu fežirit dë me triž irresponsibilimën

Ov'z ežit kadë vulot te eškolta a me?
Ov'z ežit kadë ja ceršot ten suporto e kurë?
Kadë ja bisañot te lë pju tu fežirit dë me
Lašit me ma puvo solo domandë perkiz, ah

Suddenly a spotlight shone on a figure at the back of a stage, to Lisa's left. It was a violinist. Lisa kept singing.
Kiz arvenët a nušën kanzonë?
Në vul ǧore pju per nuša
Nušën memoria se rontët
E sëtë se kolpa ten

The violinist's spotlight faded and another, bigger spotlight appeared at the back of a stage, to Lisa's right. There was a small string ensemble.
Sano lë veritë, e së ja diron te
Nušën kanzonë finët kadë tu lašit me
Lë kanzonë se rontët e së’s kolpa ten
Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Solo, komenson un kanzonë nueva
Tu në sej pju un grande part di men vitë
Sa puvi fežirit dë me, puvo oǧi
Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Now that spotlight died too, leaving only Lisa once again. The stage lights kicked in slightly, being an autumnal orange-brown in color.
Ov'z ežit kadë somot solo e frida?
Ov'z ežit kad’ svejot sans këlkun’ godar lë matin’ kon?
Tu në fari un difrans u men vitë pju ur
Alorëm perkiz muša apprežo tu aksi?

Ov'z ežit kadë nušën kanzonë lentëmën mor?
Ov'z ežit kadë speto šuaki nuta e ǧor?
Per un rispostë dë te, un po di spiranzë
Së venurët ǧame, së venurët ǧame

Again, the same violinist was highlighted, as was done earlier.
Kiz arvenët a nušën kanzonë?
Në vul ǧore pju per nuša
Nušën memoria se rontët
E sëtë se kolpa ten

And then the string ensemble.
Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

The entire stage went dark, and then all the lights kicked in (the brown-orange color still making a presence in the stage's color scheme). Viewers could see - apart from the string ensemble, Lisa, and the violinist - 3 backing singers to the left behind the string ensemble. There was actually a spotlight on each group of performers on the stage.
Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Slowly the stage lights faded away, follow by the spotlights one by one (the violinist's spotlight was the last to fade), leaving only Lisa.
Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

And then Lisa's spotlight died, leaving the stage dark. The song had ended, and not long after the regular lights were back on again. Lisa thanked the audience before leaving the stage.

Where were you when I needed you to help me?
Where were you when I was so little and weak?
Where were you when I thought I could trust you?
You ran away from me so irresponsibly

Where were you when I wanted you to listen to me?
Where were you when I asked for your support and care?
When I needed you the most you ran away from me
Left behind, but I could only ask why, ah

What has happened to our song?
It won’t play for us anymore
Our memory is broken
And this is your fault

I know the truth, and I’ll tell you
Our song ended when you left me
The song is broken and it’s your fault
Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Alone, I’ll begin a new song
You’re not a big part of my life anymore
If you can run away from me, I can too
Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Where were you when I slept alone and cold?
Where were you when I woke up without someone to enjoy the morning with?
You now no longer make a difference in my life
So why should I appreciate you like this?

Where were you when our song slowly died?
Where were you when I waited every day and night?
For your response, a bit of hope
It never came, it never came

What has happened to our song?
It won’t play for us anymore
Our memory is broken
And this is your fault

Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh

Oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

!!

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:08 am

Interval Act

Crash Together

Shichirou Huber

Thought you couldn't stand it, helpless as a petal when you look in the mirror

Smile if you dare, smile if you dare

We can start a revolution, bringin' warmth to everyone in winter

Smile if you care, smile if you care
Whoa oh oh oh oh

Crash together, let us scatter and
We can spread the word
Helping, dancing in the light
Breaking from the herd

Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa
Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa
Crash together

Bring the thunder to the masses, spark joy everywhere we can access

Smile if you dare, smile if you dare

We'll be burning up with all our passion, beauty flowing out, unrationed

Smile if you care, smile if you care
Whoa oh oh oh oh

We can spread the word
Breaking from the herd

Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa
Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa
Crash together

Hey!
Yeah, yeah

I'll bring the beat
The earth will quake
You shout your love
These chains will break!
Be the force to change our world
Crash together, everyone!

We can spread the word
Breaking from the herd

Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa
Whoa oh oh oh oh whoa
Crash together, everyone!
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:53 am

VOTE 1/10
Bloodbath Generation

Christopher Iliona, basketball player and TV presenter

Hello, Frigidekasai! Thank you for the wonderful show. Here are the Bloodbathian votes.
1 point for Anollasia
2 points to Tödlichebujoku
3 points are for Kalosia
4 points go to Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
and the big 5 points go to Ethane
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:56 am

VOTE 2/10
Ekoz

Igor Joresgaard, presenter of 'SuperstarSoekke'

Hej Todliekkesrepublik, Ekoese ringa, här är resultatet av de Ekoesesvota!
1. Kalosia
2. Izmedu
3. Todlichebujoku
4. Britonisea
5. Ethane!
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:21 pm

VOTE 3/10
Britonisea

Random Street Urchin, Ronald

"Yo. Dis is de rezultz yeh...

01- Izmedu
02- Todlichebujoku
03- Anollasia
04- Bloodbath Generation
05- Ethane

K. Chill dude...peace"
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:24 pm

VOTE 4/10
Izmedu

Astrid Mumelas, Izmeduan multi-instrumentalist

"Dobra vecer Frigidekasai. This is Vodiznad calling with the results from the Izmeduan vote. What a lovely show it has been and such a beautiful country as well! We wish good luck to everyone."

1 point - Ekoz
2 points - Ethane
3 points - Bloodbath Generation
4 points - Britonisea
5 points - Todlichebujoku
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:07 am

VOTE 5/10
Anollasia

Polat Aras, musician

''Hello! Let's get straight to the Anollasian votes!
Here we go.

1 point goes to Gim!
2 points go to Monaéroglisseurest Pleindanguilles!
3 points go to Tödlichebujoku!
4 points go to Izmedu!
And finally!
5 points go to... Kalosia!

Congratulations and good night!''
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:13 am

HALFTIME SCOREBOARD

1. Ethane (17)
2. Tödlichebujoku (15)
3. Kalosia (9)
4. Britonisea (8)
5. Izmedu (7)
5. Bloodbath Generation (7)
7. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles (6)
8. Anollasia (4)
9. Ekoz (1)
9. Gim (1)
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:17 am

VOTE 6/10
Kalosia

Letizia, Kalosian WorldVision entrant

1 Bloodbath Generation
2 Gim
3 Izmedu
4 Tödlichebujoku
5 Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:00 pm

VOTE 7/10
Tödlichebujoku

Hanako Beutel, SterGo100 news anchor

Hello from the studio! It's great to see the contest in Tödlichebujoku again! Here are our votes:

1 point goes to Gim
2 points go to Ekoz
3 points go to Bloodbath Generation
4 points go to Izmedu
and finally, 5 points go to Ethane!

Thank you and good luck to all!
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:05 pm

VOTE 8/10
Ethane

Adam Berry, host of ENTV's Tonight program

Here are the Ethanian votes for the World Hit Festival. Good luck to everyone, and all the songs were good.

1 point- Bloodbath Generation
2 points- Gim
3 points- Ekoz
4 points- Todlichebujoku
5 points- Britonisea

Thank you, and goodnight.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:06 pm

VOTE 9/10
Gim

<transmission error>

1- Ekoz
2- Anollasia
3- Tödlichebujoku
4- Ethane
5- Izmedu

CURRENT SCOREBOARD

1. Tödlichebujoku (26)
1. Ethane (26)
3. Izmedu (19)
4. Britonisea (13)
5. Bloodbath Generation (12)
5. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles (11)
7. Kalosia (9)
8. Ekoz (7)
9. Gim (6)
9. Anollasia (6)
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:05 am

VOTE 10/10
Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles

Marie Nurfpierre

Hello WHF! We have had such a wonderful time here tonight. Thank you for the wonderful show Todlichebujoku.

1pt - Bloodbath Generation
2pts - Ethane
3pts - Ekoz
4pts - Kalosia
5pts - Tödlichebujoku
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:08 am

FINAL SCOREBOARD

1. Tödlichebujoku (31)
2. Ethane (28)
3. Izmedu (19)

4. Bloodbath Generation (13) (5 votes)
5. Kalosia (13) (4 votes)
6. Britonisea (13) (3 votes)
7. Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles (11)
8. Ekoz (10)
9. Gim (6) (4 votes)
10. Anollasia (6) (3 votes)
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates