NATION

PASSWORD

IFC Council (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aigeantir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aigeantir » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:57 pm

Kevin was at first satisfied by the initial response to Resolution 103a. It seemed to grab the attention and purpose of the original resolution, but take it in the direction that would best suit the desires of the IFC. Unfortunately it was clear that Brigadier Baron vijk Wüchshöwdeberg didn't want to have IFC forces within his nation. What's he trying to hide? Regardless, Yamada's Resolution 103b would at least get the decision passed, which at this point was what Carroll had indicated as top priority. Yes, perhaps it meant less of a direct means to do some sniffing around Krjder for evidence to their involvement or innocence, but this was a the price of the compromise, and better to save lives than draw out the decision playing an unnecessary blame game.

"While I do wish we had the support of a more independent IFC response as seen in Resolution 103a, I have been instructed to approve and vote AYE for Resolution 103b. Those in peril need our help now, and wasting time discussing the terms to allow an investigation will only slow the response time considerably to help the civilians. I do want to caution the Council that an investigation team will need our full and unhindered support immediately, if we are to learn the truth before those responsible cover their tracks, but I am glad to see us moving forward. Our own independent aid for our allies, the Krïdan Empire, and for the people in Gyrjach have arrived and I have been told our fleet is already moving in to distribute immediate assistance in Gyrjach."
Leader: High King Conchobar II, IFC Representative: Hon. Carroll Caomh

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:09 am

"For the council's approval, I'd like to offer this preliminary list of principle investigators for consideration in the event of the passing of 103b."

Colonel James Norwoods, OSAF
-2,500 hours flight time with OS Strategic Bombers (including the B-3 Ghost, B-1R Lancer, B-52 Stratofortress, and B-4 Hustler II)
-Graduate of Air War College
-Operations Officer, 509th Bomb Wing
Commander Daniel B. Webster, OSN
-Intelligence Officer, FLTFORCOM (2012-Present)
-Executive Officer, OSS California, SSBN-744 (2008-2012)
-Graduate, Naval War College
Dr. Stanley L. Piedmont, PhD (Captain, OSNR, ret.)
-PhD in Nuclear Power Studies
-Graduate, Naval War College
-Captain, OS Navy Reserve, Retired
Professor Valerie Little
-Professor of Nuclear and Particle Physics, Freemantle University
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:10 am

"NAY 103, NAY 103b, AYE 103a. If Krjder is so foolish as to attack our investigators, our opinion is that the IFC remove their government."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Krjder
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:01 pm

"I think the Inyurstan delegate cannot remember back to his old school days. What you must imagine is that the world is like a school, a whole bunch of peers rivalling for supremacy. I imagine the IFC is the cool kids club! No, seriously, but do any of you ever remember that one child that would always punch above his weight, that had the audacity or stupidity to stand up to bullies and the like? Well, Gyrjach is like that, and now it's found out that it's gone too far. We don't seek IFC forces because our own are incapable, it's more to legitimise our operations there. At the end of the day, a government willing to destroy its own people must be removed. I believe that recent Krïdan airstrikes have done that, but now we need to assume control and deliver aid to affected areas. I thank the Torrumbarrian delegate and our esteemed treasurer and the Aigéantirian delegates proclamation attesting to what our priorities should be. May I also remind the Ausitorian delegate that we will not attack unarmed investigators as that would be a gross breach of etiquette of international proportions, but that aircraft or ships attempting to reach Krïdan soil without permission will be removed with force if necessary."
Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Nation Type: Direct Democratic Federal Monarchy
Capital: Aastejk
Population: 480,670,500
Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
-Realm Chancellor Atsūjiri Gyēzashiri
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:56 pm

Walking into the chambers, a temporary Diplomat enters to replace the Under-Secretary to the Delegate to the IFC, "I apologize for me not being dispatched here earlier when the Ambassador was called to be with the Supreme Emperor at the Summit."

Looking over at the Krjderian Delegate he makes note.

"The fact that the Krjderians are equating this entire conflict to High School shows how dire this situation is. 'Cool Kids'? Seriously, we are supposed to be an alliance of like minded nations working towards unilateral assistance to ourselves as well as entities that wish our help with their problems. The Empire is curious as to what your nation has done to provoke any sort of attack upon itself. I will have to echo the call from the Inyurstan delegation as to why we, the entirety of the iFC, are not getting the whole story as to why this has happened."

He then looks around the room at all assembled.

"It is the intention of the Empire to continue to vote AYE for Resolution 103a and will cast a NAY vote for Resolution 103b. We will also be willing to donate NS$ 7.5 Billion to assist monetarily with any deployment to understand what exactly happened and what parties are to blame." He pauses for a second to take a sip of water before continuing. "It is nessicary to understand that the IFC, as a whole, should be dedicated to protect the lives of Innocents, should it be that of an IFC Member or anyone else for this matter. An investigation is needed, nay, required to determine the cause of this Nuclear Attack and who is at fault."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:10 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:Walking into the chambers, a temporary Diplomat enters to replace the Under-Secretary to the Delegate to the IFC, "I apologize for me not being dispatched here earlier when the Ambassador was called to be with the Supreme Emperor at the Summit."

Looking over at the Krjderian Delegate he makes note.

"The fact that the Krjderians are equating this entire conflict to High School shows how dire this situation is. 'Cool Kids'? Seriously, we are supposed to be an alliance of like minded nations working towards unilateral assistance to ourselves as well as entities that wish our help with their problems. The Empire is curious as to what your nation has done to provoke any sort of attack upon itself. I will have to echo the call from the Inyurstan delegation as to why we, the entirety of the iFC, are not getting the whole story as to why this has happened."

He then looks around the room at all assembled.

"It is the intention of the Empire to continue to vote AYE for Resolution 103a and will cast a NAY vote for Resolution 103b. We will also be willing to donate NS$ 7.5 Billion to assist monetarily with any deployment to understand what exactly happened and what parties are to blame." He pauses for a second to take a sip of water before continuing. "It is nessicary to understand that the IFC, as a whole, should be dedicated to protect the lives of Innocents, should it be that of an IFC Member or anyone else for this matter. An investigation is needed, nay, required to determine the cause of this Nuclear Attack and who is at fault."

"Delegate-san the main issue with 103a is that it calls on us to send a peacekeeping force to The Krïdan Empire. Despite suspicions that Kirishima holds very strongly as too the nature of the incident. What event has enabled us to send armed forces to a fellow member state and trampling over their sovereignty. Right now the priority is investigations and the full cooperation of the Krïdan people."
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Flardania wrote:"Delegate-san the main issue with 103a is that it calls on us to send a peacekeeping force to The Krïdan Empire. Despite suspicions that Kirishima holds very strongly as too the nature of the incident. What event has enabled us to send armed forces to a fellow member state and trampling over their sovereignty. Right now the priority is investigations and the full cooperation of the Krïdan people."

"Then I would suggest an amendment and creation of 103c, while taking out that part about sending Peacekeeping Forces, would have it instead be having those peacekeeping forces deployed along the boarder between the two respective nations. Create a Demilitarized Zone, requesting the withdrawal of Krjderian Forces from Kirishima while the Investigative team does their job. That way we can create a buffer that would ensure the Investigative Team has time, and safety, to do their job."
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:57 pm

Ambassador de Vertrun spoke again, this time not bothering to stand up and instead simply twirling her pen between her fingers as she looked around.
"So let me get this straight: first the Krjdan delegation responds to our criticism of their request for IFC intervention in their own personal conflict by telling us 'this is international politics and war' and then explains their position by bringing up grade-school interactions?

Again I must raise the question of why IFC military forces belong in Krjder's personal war?
"

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:30 am

The Baron winced at de Vertrun.
"Sir, I think you forget that it was the IFC that stepped in first to send troops, to my nation and Gyrjach, however I have campaigned hard to make sure IFC boots don't touch Krïdan soil. We Krïdans would much rather that we be allowed to continue our military campaign as things are now, unfortunately with nuclear weaponry added to the equation, this has complicated things. All we wanted was to simply seek revenge for our losses, like bombing their government buildings and taking out their power stations. If you dint want to commit troops, that's fine by me, but don't accuse us demanding IFC troops. We requested them, having realised that the IFC would involve itself anyway, in order to legitimise our campaign. Perhaps Sir, you would like to campaign to remove the IFC from this altogether. There are several people here who wouldn't stop you."
Be polite, write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves
Dutch teen, Roman Catholic, socially conservative, economically libertarian. Enjoys; hunting, classical & march music, history and debating.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:24 pm

"Madame, I believe that information to be entirely false." De Vertrun said, turning the Krjdan's willful misgendering back on himself.
"It takes so little effort as to merely check the records to realize your assertion that other members of the IFC brought this issue to the floor first, when it was in fact yourselves who broke the silence of months to bring forth your request to send IFC soldiers into your own personal warzone.
And as for your suggestion that I 'campaign to remove the IFC from this [Krjdan affair]'; what do you think I am doing by arguing against and voting against said actions?
"

"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

New Carloso
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carloso » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:26 pm

"The Federal Republic of Carloso votes NAY on all variations of resolution 103 to request peacekeeping and strike forces in Gyrjach. This includes the core draft issued by Joâchkim Wüchshöwdeberg of Krjder, the second draft issued by Kevin Fillin of Aigéantir and the third draft issued by Junko Yamada of Kirishima."
Last edited by New Carloso on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE OFFICIAL FACTBOOK OF CARLOSO | FatChineseGuy: Official Mascot | Proud Member and Minister for Defence of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | FEEL FREE TO JOIN ATLAS | CARLOSSIAN BROADCASTING CORPORATION

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:12 pm

"Mr. Speaker, can you count votes please, or would you like Ausitoria to do it again?"

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:18 pm

New Carloso wrote:"The Federal Republic of Carloso votes NAY on all variations of resolution 103 to request peacekeeping and strike forces in Gyrjach. This includes the core draft issued by Joâchkim Wüchshöwdeberg of Krjder, the second draft issued by Kevin Fillin of Aigéantir and the third draft issued by Junko Yamada of Kirishima."

The Kirishinan delegation wishes to know on what basis do we not give a member basic support. We have our suspicions as well but surely we remember innocent until proven otherwise

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:18 am

Credit to Nihon/Cusc for a large portion of this post.

Melissa continued calmly addressing the points of other delegates; turning to the Kirishinan delegation.
"We argue against sending support based on Krjdan claims their military has the situation under control. Furthermore, refusing to send troops to die in Krjder's personal war is not an implication of guilt, its disagreeing with their cause regardless of whether they are guilty of nuclear holocaust or not."

At the same moment, a new man entered the building. His name was Ramone Takeda, an Inyurstan intelligence officer from mixed Nihonese – Inyurstan heritage. Short, but well build man, Ramone’s face was covered in multiple scars, memento from the times when he served in Neigre Luno, an elite branch of special forces used to supply and train non – state actors around the world. Usually Takeda would not appear in what he called “Bureaucratland”, but despite his all hate for politicians, he had a job to do. Present an intelligence report from RNI military intelligence about the situation in Gyjarchi. He slowly set himself up, took documents and begun to speak:
The Kridan government has been enemy of Gyrjachi state for several years.” He begun with disgust in his voice. Krjder was literally disgusting – hedonist monarchy that was additionally racist could cause only such reaction for him “First recorded tensions were as far as 1991, where Gyrjachi government sponsored pirates to attack Kridan shipping lanes. While history of clashes between those two states is complex and requires much explanation, it has to be noted that Kjder was known in the past for imperialistic and chauvinist foreign policy which stated that Krjder has right to actively subjugate and conquer other nations. Gyrjachi isn't holy in this place, however, they are in war worse position than Krjder is. Krjder, while possessing an enormous population and well equipped army, will not have problems in fighting conventional war smaller nation of Gyjarchi, which is estimated on 49 million people, has little infrastructure, and it's army is compromised mostly of older soviet designs, upgraded occasionally wherever budget allowed it. Gyjarchi, recovering from economic crisis caused by fall of communism in 1995, does not have any means to attack Krjder in symmetric and conventional warfare. Gyrjachi navy is, in general, is brown water composed of cold war era designs and can not operate outside 190km or 100 nautical mile radius outside their operational bases. It is, therefore, obvious that only way through which Gyrjachi government could have attacked Krjder is through assymetirc operation such as piracy or terrorist attack. Yet, conduct of Krjder in this war rises a lot of suspicion that make this event at least interesting, considering how Kridan party had behaved in recent days. To illustrate that, we are going to use classic three analysis method, which will portray how we view the event.
Pausing for a second, he looked at gathered people, especially at hated Kridan deleagate:
Analysis of event is where we will analyze what happened. Let us therefore come back to beginning of this entire crisis. It is estimated that around 06 ; 30 Kridan time Phōksasvāna, a cargo freighter registered in Gyrjachi, entered Kridan territorial waters without permission. Testimonies and reports indicate that there were units of Kridan navy present in said area. What makes said scenario interesting is, that Kridan navy, despite possessing enormous fire-power, simply allowed the freighter to enter the port besides obvious idea that it had chance to sink it. Civilian freighters do not posses any form of defences to stand up to modern Anti - Ship missile. Considering that a single missile such as TSAM or Harpoon would have probably caused it's destruction, and 500m blast radius in the middle of the sea would just make spectacular fireworks for citizens of Şiljitÿnkhyyrve, question arises why didn't Kridan navy simply blasted said ship off the water? "
The way in which he finished said sentence meant obvious. This was a Kridan false flag to bully smaller nation.
Additionally we have to look, who benefits. If Gyjarchi government wanted to asymmetrically attack Krjder, what would the reason be for exactly this type of attack. One logical assumption is that it might have been for purpose of terrorising Kridan population; yet no messages with demands, threats was released. Additionally why would just a mere commercial port be most strategically valuable target? And why Gyjarchi government would use obvious freighter registered in their county? It is obvious that such attack would provoke Kridan invasion, which would lead to obvious devastation of Gyjarchi, so it is in my belief as that this operation wears more and more marks of a false flag.
If we make work thesis that this whole event was a false flag attack orchestrated by Kridans to give them reason to invade Gyjarchi - exactly as Mukden Incident or Gleiwitz provocation - then behavior of Kridan state looks even more clear, especially if we consider further situation. Kridan government claims strike on a convoy carrying nuclear weapons in key towns of Gyjarchi. However, every nuclear physicist will tell you that nukes will not explode even if armed, thus even assuming that Gyjarchi government would have armed nukes there - bomb hitting them would do no good. That is exactly why anti ballistic missiles are successful. Additionally, international observation registered no Kridan aircraft flying in that area (though there is possibility of stealth usage) and no ballistic missiles were registered. No reports from Gyjarchi also indicate of them seeing any sort of aircraft or missile in the skies. Therefore biggest probability is that nukes were detonated on the ground. Why would Gyjarchi government nuke their own cities? The answer that Kridans may be guilty is coming close.

Finishing sentence changed sight of his face. Ramone was no longer calm man military intelligence uniform; he was now raging beast, his words were claws with which he cut Kridans to the naked bones:
Analysis of witness accounts is also very important here. First take a look at speech of Atsūjiri Gyēzashiri, Realm chancellor of one of Krjder puppet states. Said message is filled with hate towards Gyjarchi and lust for war. In such message Gyjarchi are mentioned as "a hostile, weak and sick rogue state, and by simply mentioning them is a grotesque waste of kinetic energy". 2 hours to fulfil an ultimatum is a horrendous and un-achievable joke.” Takeda smiled a bit to show the IFC open lies of Kridan government "This statement clearly indicates attempt to stir Kridans towards war. And then speaks Brigadier - General Edwaard Klöjscherhaage, on behalf of IM's Ministry of Military Affairs. Either is said general an idiot - for it is hard to use other word for a military man who does not know how a nuke works, or he is simply lying. Said general just confirms what we said before. Therefore we have to consider his statements untrue. Kridan propaganda worked well considering comments placed under the article, which sounded, I will give some examples "Good, kill them all! Human scum, that'll teach them to attack us." That was their rallying call!
Looking outside the window, Ramone knew that the best part just came:
Analysis of material evidence is not yet possible. Therefore it would be well for IFC investigation team to request full access to Kridan military flight log and remains of Phōksasvāna. It is also recommended that IFC will ask Gyjarchi government to provide evidences about the nuclear strike issues. If Kridan government does not provide access to said evidences, it means that it is very possible that entire operation was a false flag to give Krjder reason to bully smaller nation.” He was about to finish “Considering that Kridans are notorious racists for whom 'uncivilized' and 'barbaric' non-westerners (or therefore non-subjugated) are scoundrels, I think that this is totally possible.
All he had to do not was to await for obvious rage of Kridan delegation. It won’t take long.
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brytene
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Brytene » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:44 am

The moment Takeda was finished delivering his broken English, Elfestab stood.

"I am afraid I have several issues with your report, not in the least that it uses emotive and biased language. I would like the records to show that the phrases 'imperialistic and chauvinist' and 'Kridans are notorious racists' are purely subjective terms that are irrelevant to these proceedings."

He took off his glasses to look at the cocksure young man. He had seen many of this type in his decades of experience, arrogant young 'warriors', and the young Takeda no doubt would take this as a sign of aggression and would puff out his chest and glower with fiery eyes, or else laugh and make some petty aside as though the Council were a joke. For Elfestab, however, he was just trying to get a better sight on the man.

"Firstly, your inferences are not logically sound. You cannot insist that if certain of your conditions are not met, Krjder is automatically guilty, and I seriously doubt the IFC Council would uphold such a simplistic judgement.

Secondly, that the Krïdan security measures failed to prevent the attack at Şiljitÿnkhyyrve is unfortunate, and may indeed mandate an internal investigation into their security protocol. However, we cannot infer from this fact that Krjder are automatically to blame in some kind of false-flag attack. Quite the contrary, it speaks volumes that they did not simply choose to blow the ship out of the water and murder potentially innocent civilians.

As for Gryjach's motive? An attack of this nature is classic terrorist behaviour, and we have seen its like before. By attacking Krjder in such a brutal and unprovoked manner, the terrorists provoke a disproportionate response. This Krïdan counter-attack then 'proves' their claims about Krjder's militaristic and aggressive nature, as well as garnering them international sympathy and a flock of new recruits at Gryjachi army centres. We cannot write out any possibility before we have all the evidence."

He paused to sip some water and clear his throat, which at his age sounded frankly disgusting, before continuing.

"As for the nuclear issue, it is somewhat concerning, certainly. However, a missile strike could theoretically bring the fissile material and catalysts contained within a warhead into contact, triggering a nuclear explosion. This explosion would most likely be of a smaller intensity than a clean missile activation, but since we do not know the original size of these nuclear weapons it is possible that what we saw is in fact a smaller intensity detonation, triggered by Krïdan airstrikes. Similarly, it is possible that Gryjach detonated the nuclear missiles themselves, for any one of a range of reasons. Again, we cannot make wild inferences or assumptions when so many lives are at stake."

He sat back down, groaning slightly as he did so.

"Frankly, this report has achieved little, other than to raise the issue regarding the detonation of the nuclear devices, which we must certainly investigate if the truth of the matter is to be ascertained."
Brytene is: centrist, pagan, democratic, free-market
Imperalizt Russia wrote:Being on fire will affect shot placement

Socialist Mercanda wrote:Incumbent Blessed Brytene, who is rumoured to be one of the many lovechildren made by Amin and his 69,420,666 wives has retired and we thank him for his glorious service to this region! Glory!

Imperial Nalydya wrote:Spent too much damn time with the nations of Laptev. The old professionals...
The Obi-Wan of New Atlas
My IIwiki is no longer 100% canon
pls contain your salt

Krjder
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krjder » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:35 am

The Baron had listened patiently the whole speech, even though he knew that most of it was simply a torrent of nonsense. After mouthing a brief thanks to his Brystic colleague, he stood up.
"First, sir, I would like to point out that few powerful nations haven't had an imperialistic or even chauvinistic past. It's how we are the great power we are today. In 1967, we held referendums across the empire and asked every citizen of the empire of they wanted their region to remain under the imperial crown. Out of 15 territories, 8 now remain. They remained either because they benefited more from staying, or simply because Krïdans were the only inhabitants. Our imperial past is simply that, a past. The large geographic diaspora is no longer a union of States, it's our family.

As for the attack, from what I have read and heard, it was a serious of unfortunate events. A littoral frigate was indeed preparing to board the vessel, when it was suddenly rammed by the freighter. We did not want to kill any innocents, hence the boarding party as opposed to simply blowing it up. The frigate requested air support, but this was slow to arrive due to stormy weather, but maritime control still didn't want to sink it. By then it was too late. A tragic accident yes, but few regard it as suspicious. Şiljitÿnkhyyrve Harbour is a major port dealing with chemicals and heavy industry. It was targeted because any explosion here would be fatal, not only would the initial explosions kill hundreds, but so would the fires and secondary explosions claim many lives. The Gyrjachi people, without being too rude are not exactly paragons of intelligence, hence why little attempts to cover up their involvement was made, but they do know how to cause misery. Tell me, if this was a false flag, why would we kill so many people and wreck such a necessary port? Surely we would just send a few gunmen into a shopping mall? It has the same effects but with less damage.

Now for the nuclear issue. This, for me, is the most confusing issue, I know as little about what really happened than most, but the general opinion is that the Gyrjachis detonated said weapons on the ground themselves to frame us for the attack, or perhaps they anticipated a strategic bombing of the incoming Krïdan forces. Now, allow me to correct you. His Excellency Realm Chancellor Atsūjiri Gyēzashiri is not the leader of a 'puppet state'. His Excellency is the Realm Chancellor of the Krïdan Emperor, equivalent to your prime minister role. And pardon me, honourable delegates, but when a freighter from a hostile nation ploughs into a harbour and kills thousands of your people in an explosion, who doesn't have blood lust? Who doesn't wish to crush those responsible for this evil? We took the appropriate steps to exact our revenge, but seeing as the Gyrjachi government carried that out for us, we have suspended operations thus far, other than to provide a clear passage for IFC aid to Gyrjach. I can tell you honestly now that for security reasons, foreign investigators will not be permitted onto Krïdan soil. Any unauthorised attempt to insert investigators onto our soil will be met with grave consequences for both the investigators and their nation of origin. We are not racists, because under the Krjder banner live a whole host of nationalities, all citizens all equal. I heavily advise the IFC to intervene no further in this conflict as it is a matter of personal dispute."
-Otto Von Bismarck
Embassy App

Current Leadership:
-Emperor Anton IV
Military:
-1,560,000 Active
-4,750,000 Reserves

Flardania
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:08 am

Junko Yamada finish writing down some notes she then stood up. While I can not agree with everything the group of Inyurstans have said due to biased language and historical mistrust between our two nations. On can not assume that quickly that our fellow member is guilty from these inferences...." Junko then turned to face the Kridian delegate..."however there is one undeniable important point that was raised and that is the flight records to confirm or deny Ariel operations during the alleged bombings." Junko then turned to face the council as a whole.

"I urge this assembly to not consider the Kridian empire attempt at stonewalling investigations for whatever multiple reasons they claim. Many of us have no problem given at least vocal support for a fellow member, but we as allies of the IFC need to know what is going on. Imagine on the off chance that the Kridian Empire was in the wrong...not false Flag like the Inyurstans claim but say at the very least the Kridian Empire orchestrated the deadly attacks on civilian centers. Let's say hypothetically if that is the case down the line and we find out about it after it is too late. What would that do to the reputation of this organization? What would the people of our own nations think. This is now a matter of liability that other nations will look and use to either praise or criticize the IFC. The IFC does not need to step on the soil of the Kridian Empire, but I would hope that a nation who has been suspected for whatever reason would provide transparency so we completely know what we are doing. Arigatō!"

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:28 am

Mr. Speaker, honoured members.

In light of the upcoming elections, and the fact that a great deal of legislation is now out of date, and needlessly complicated as a result, may we propose:

The Aestorian Commonwealth
His Grace Alexias Stella

Administrative Act

[Resolution Number: 0]

Desirous of substantially simplifying government,

Noting that there is insufficient flexibility for the government to easily adjust its size according to public opinion,

Noting that there is a great deal of legislation which is currently of no immediate use, and observing that when any of it is missed it can always be re-proposed when suitable,

Noting that the Prime Minister can maintain wide discretionary powers to carry out government unencumbered by overly complicated legislation,

Believing that removing this would also remove all the non-defensive part of the coalition that people could opt-out from,

The Council hereby:

1. Decides numbering for legislation shall start again at 1.
2. Repeals all legislation except the sections incorporated in Part III of Resolution 66.
3. Moves all remaining legislation below, with Subsections 2 and 3 of Section 3 amended as follows:

Subsection 2:
1. The office of the Prime Minister shall be occupied in a yearly succession of four three-month terms.
2. These terms shall ordinarily commence on the first Friday of January each year.
3. If a Prime Minister is unable to execute their responsibilities effectively, or the general membership feels otherwise disenchanted, a motion of no confidence carried by the Council shall have the power to remove said Prime Minister from office.
4. Elections for a new Prime Minister shall immediately be held following a passed motion of no confidence, who may serve for a term of at least two months, and then until the next election.
5. If a motion of no confidence occurs within a week prior to the next normally scheduled election, or if the voting process is otherwise impractical, command shall revert to the immediate next-in-line as according to the chain of command (see below) until elections can be held.

Subsection 3:
1. The official cabinet chain of command is as follows, unless otherwise directed by the Council, or, in the absence of such direction, by the Prime Minister:
i) Prime Minister
ii) Chief Secretary
iii) Vice President/Speaker for the Council
iv) Secretary for Defence
v) Secretary for Foreign Affairs
vi) Secretary for the Treasury

2. Should any member of the chain of command find themselves unable to execute their responsibilities for a period of time, their duties are diverted to the highest possible level in the chain of command until a permanent solution can be reached.
3. The Secretary General, Bratislav, shall have the power to veto any legislation within three days of its passage, unless overruled by a three-fifths majority, and may serve as Speaker in the absence of the Prime Minister and Speaker.

Signed,

[His Grace Alexias Stella, The Imperial Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria]

His Grace Alexias Stella

Administrative Act

[Resolution Number: 0]

Desirous of substantially simplifying government,

Noting that there is insufficient flexibility for the government to easily adjust its size according to public opinion,

Noting that there is a great deal of legislation which is currently of no immediate use, and observing that when any of it is missed it can always be re-proposed when suitable,

Noting that the Prime Minister can maintain wide discretionary powers to carry out government unencumbered by overly complicated legislation,

Believing that removing this would also remove all the non-defensive part of the coalition that people could opt-out from,

The Council hereby:

1. Decides numbering for legislation shall start again at 1.
2. Repeals all legislation except the sections incorporated in Part III of Resolution 66.
3. Moves all remaining legislation below, with Subsections 2 and 3 of Section 3 amended as follows:

Section 1: The Principles of the International Freedom Coalition

1. Declares its abhorrence of egregious acts of violence and crimes against humanity, including acts of genocide, torture, and mass attacks upon civilians,
2. Declares its allegiance to the principles of liberty and self-determination, in all times and in all places,
3. Declares its commitment to actively support the security of the free world,

Section 2: The Powers and Prerogatives of the Council

Subsection 1:
1. Affirms itself to be a permanent institution within the International Freedom Coalition with legislative supremacy over the alliance and the power, right and duty to scrutinize the activities of the executive and offer advice and support to the executive,
2. Clarifies that the Council:
(a) Possesses the ability to make in a vote the final ruling on any interpretation of their own Resolutions,
(b) May not under any circumstances be dissolved or otherwise inhibited from making and interpreting resolutions, except with its express permission,
3. Charges the Speaker & Vice President and any other specifically elected protectors of the Senate with ensuring that these rights are protected.

Subsection 2:
Basic Parliamentary Principles:
a) The council has legislative supremacy and sovereignty over the coalition.
b) Any decision by a majority of the Council is the decision of Parliament, wherever or however it may be reached; and any past decision contrary to the most recent decision is invalid.
c) The Council may set whatever conditions it likes for membership of the Council; and all nations in the Coalition shall continue to automatically be granted membership.
d) The Council may not bind a future majority under any conditions whatever.
e) Councils are advised to be sensible.

Subsection 3:
The Conduct of Members:
a) Members, subject to future limitations, have the right to communicate with other Council members whenever someone else finishes and may communicate on any subject they like or however they like except for personal remarks.
b) Members are advised to be sensible.

Subsection 4:
The Conduct of Meetings
a) Members may from time to time elect a Speaker. Should there be no speaker, the Prime Minister shall function in that capacity.
b) Elections shall be held by the Secretary-General or any other person demanded by the Senate, whenever more than three Senators demand such an election. During the period of an election, which should be long enough for grievances to be aired; the Secretary-General or any other person demanded shall maintain order.
c) The Speaker may maintain order by any measures he regards as necessary, including formulating rules pursuant to this Resolution.
d) The Speaker is advised to consult with the Council and revise such measures frequently according to popular demand.

Section 3: The Prime Minister and Government

Subsection 1:
1. Declares that the Prime Minister shall be an elected position, elected as other legislation may provide, with powers defined in this and other legislation, and shall lead a government in a manner prescribed by this and other legislation,
2. Renders the elected post of Prime Minister a permanent position within the alliance, and charges the Prime Minister with protecting the voice of individual nations and the Council as a whole within the Executive Council,
3. Grants the Prime Minister the power to appoint and remove Executive Council Ministers, including the Treasurer, should it be clearly necessary for the proper governance of the Coalition,
4. Permits the Cabinet and any appointed Executive Ministers, under the direction of the Prime Minister, to otherwise interpret Council Resolutions and to take any measures not contrary to Council Resolutions that such empowered persons may consider necessary and proper for carrying out the delineated tasks of government, without waiting for the Council to discuss such matters,
5. Reiterates that a Prime Minister should, where possible, only permit fully reversible measures, and that any Prime Minister overusing these executive powers without sufficient support in the Council should be subject to a no-confidence motion and dismissed from office,
6. The Secretary General shall be the Ceremonial Leader of the alliance, and with the agreement of the Prime Minister, may veto any resolution that the pair consider unfitting to match with the Coalition's principles,

Subsection 2:
1. The office of the Prime Minister shall be occupied in a yearly succession of four three-month terms.
2. These terms shall ordinarily commence on the first Friday of January each year.
3. If a Prime Minister is unable to execute their responsibilities effectively, or the general membership feels otherwise disenchanted, a motion of no confidence carried by the Council shall have the power to remove said Prime Minister from office.
4. Elections for a new Prime Minister shall immediately be held following a passed motion of no confidence, who may serve for a term of at least two months, and then until the next election.
5. If a motion of no confidence occurs within a week prior to the next normally scheduled election, or if the voting process is otherwise impractical, command shall revert to the immediate next-in-line as according to the chain of command (see below) until elections can be held.

Subsection 3:
1. The official cabinet chain of command is as follows, unless otherwise directed by the Council, or, in the absence of such direction, by the Prime Minister:
i) Prime Minister
ii) Chief Secretary
iii) Vice President/Speaker for the Council
iv) Secretary for Defence
v) Secretary for Foreign Affairs
vi) Secretary for the Treasury

2. Should any member of the chain of command find themselves unable to execute their responsibilities for a period of time, their duties are diverted to the highest possible level in the chain of command until a permanent solution can be reached.
3. The Secretary General, Bratislav, shall have the power to veto any legislation within three days of its passage, unless overruled by a three-fifths majority, and may serve as Speaker in the absence of the Prime Minister and Speaker.

Signed,

His Grace Alexias Stella

Defence Act

[Resolution Number: 1]

Recognizing the largely military nature of this alliance,

Noting that there were some rather good parts in the proposed Resolution Number 100, which the Defence Secretary and Prime Minister should adopt,

The IFC Council hereby:

1. Encourages the Prime Minister to be or to appoint a designated Supreme Allied Commander to command the Rapid Reaction Force and any allied forces in alliance operations, if he considers it appropriate.
2. Encourages the Minister of Defence to create a Defense Committee with the following or similar subcommittees:
(i) The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Aerospace Operations, Research, and Development (to find shortfalls within IFC Tactical and Strategic Level Airpower, recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
(ii) The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Naval Operations, Research, and Development (to find shortfalls within IFC Seapower capabilities, including Naval Aviation, Surface Vessels, Submarines, and Amphibious Assault Forces and recommends methods, regulations and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
(iii) The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Ground Operations, Research, and Development (to find shortfalls within IFC Ground Force capabilities and recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
(iv) The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Allied Logistics and Standards (to find shortfalls within IFC RRF and Civil Support Command Logistics and Procedural Standards and recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
(v) The Defense Subcommittee and Advisory Group on Cyber and Electronic Warfare (to find shortfalls and vulnerablities within IFC Electronic Warfare and Cyber Warfare capabilities and recommends methods, regulations, and acquisitions to rectify shortfalls)
3. Charges any such committee or committees with otherwise assisting, advising, and co-ordinating the discharge of Coalition defence under the direction of the Defence Secretary as Chair.

Signed,

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:01 am

We would like to vote AYE on Resolutions 0 and 1.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:45 pm

"Perhaps a term limit should be imposed on all of our elected leadership? I believe this will continue to help diversify the leadership we see in the Alliance along with encouraging our new blood, so to speak, to step up and help take the reins of this organization."
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Alexias Stella, having returned from the inconclusive sixth summit de-horned, de-feathered, and de-winged, in an effort to appear reasonable although still somewhat individual (a balance amply provided by the trailing cloak and turban), stood up in the Council chamber.

"I proposed one earlier, but it wasn't very popular at the time. In general I'm not entirely convinced about term limits if someone's good."
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:37 pm

"I believe an applicable Term Limit would be welcome. Perhaps something along the lines of a Two or Three Elected Terms? That way it would ensure that things would not become stagnant with the main leadership and would open the floor to new leadership that could revitalize the alliance, while also giving Good leaders the ability to continue their forward progress of the alliance to the point where someone else could take over and continue to ensure that the aforementioned progress continues?"

United States of Conner
Minister

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby United States of Conner » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:17 pm

I could agree with the two or three term limit, so long as that after a present number of terms, that limit is reset. That way, if someone served three terms two years ago, and didn't serve again, they could serve today.
Guns are tools, not toys.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:44 am

If you wish to edit my proposal to suit your wishes, feel free to submit it for debate. I do think the Council should be ready to make exceptions for particular people, e.g. if there is ever a drastic shortage of candidates.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:09 am

The OS delegation votes Nay on Resolution 0 and Aye on Regulation 1.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates