NATION

PASSWORD

How To Build A Region

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:BTW, the "Executive or not?" section is somewhat obsolete now because of the addition of ROs. ;)

RO's make no difference in this case. If you leave exec on, a raider delegate can appoint RO's. If left off they can't.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:21 am

It doesn't make it obsolete. I do need to add something on regional officers and probably reword the explanations of what 'executive' means though. I was initially waiting because admin said things might change but I think that's about long enough.

Actaartemregulus
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Actaartemregulus » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:59 am

Sorry if I am trying to resurrect a dead topic but how do you recruit successfully...Is it my role to be founder and recruiter at the same time? The fact that you can buy mail and send it to x amount looks really good...never saw it over 5 years ago. Also, please could I have a copy of the forum rules and general advice for remaining on topic.

First forum post :x

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:34 am

You're not doing any necromancy, worry not. :P Asking questions here is fine regardless of how old the thread is, which is in part why it's pinned.

If you've founded a region, then it pretty much falls to you to be the recruiter if you want it to grow, yes. Tragically, I doubt anyone is going to do it for you! Ideally you found a region with a small group of other others, all of whom are dedicated to seeing the region prosper, so the recruitment work is divided and not resting on one player. Later you can expand -- Most of the large regions have entire departments of government and and many players and such dedicated to recruiting.

I would add a cautionary note about the buying option -- stamps are rather notoriously ineffective for their cost at the moment. But that's also the reality of recruitment -- around a 1% return is quite normal, so be prepared for a lot of work that can at first seem a bit unrewarding.

As for forum rules etc you should read The One Stop Rules Shop. See the "Spam, and the different types of it" info for how to not be off topic I suppose, though it's really as simple as not posting if you don't really have anything to add.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:37 am

Consular wrote:around a 1% return is quite normal

I have my recruitment rate at 4% right now on a puppet of mine with no tools.

If you don't have a auto-tool, send TGs to nations the instant they pop up. I've gotten three or four people that way.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

China and South Korea
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby China and South Korea » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:38 am

Wait, so... is "Regional Influence" relevant to the rate of new arrivals in the region or something? :blink:
was a good run lmao

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:43 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Consular wrote:around a 1% return is quite normal

I have my recruitment rate at 4% right now on a puppet of mine with no tools.

If you don't have a auto-tool, send TGs to nations the instant they pop up. I've gotten three or four people that way.

Interesting. Is that return from manual recruitment, or?

I'd love to see the full stats report, if you don't mind sharing! I try to keep up with the general state of recruitment, but I obviously don't have access to all statistics.
China and South Korea wrote:Wait, so... is "Regional Influence" relevant to the rate of new arrivals in the region or something? :blink:

Regional influence is explained here. It is not really relevant to recruitment in any way, no.

Except in that generally targeting nations with lots of influence is not likely to work because they are unlikely to want to move, I suppose.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Consular wrote:Interesting. Is that return from manual recruitment, or?

Out of 95 manual telegrams that got through, four led to recruits. A fifth also joined the region without clicking on the button, so that's 5/95. I target nations as soon as they pop up.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Ah. 95 isn't really a large enough sample pool to say much conclusively, sorry. If you still have a 4% rate after 1000 telegrams, that'd mean more.

I was also referring to stamps, not manual, when I said the return rate was around 1%. Manual is bound to be more effective, because I imagine there are still less people doing it.

Burgundy-Auvergne
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Burgundy-Auvergne » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:01 pm

How do I post a map on my Region page?

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:18 am

There's no inbuilt mechanic for a map, unless you're using an add on like NS++

What most regions do is upload their map to an image hosting service, such as photobucket, imgur, or postimage. Then they post a link to the map in their world factbook entry.

E.g. If you look at Greater Dienstad, they have a link to the map in their wfe.

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:42 pm

Guide updated for regional officers and for better formatting that isn't so physically painful to look at.

WeldonStaton
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WeldonStaton » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:34 am

These info are just great. Thanks!

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:19 am

All good stuff, thanks.

Typo/malaprop spotted in telegram recruiting section. viewtopic.php?p=25963622#IVC

resident in any particular reason region

EDIT: **** non-standard tags!
Last edited by Almonaster Nuevo on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Consular
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:12 am

Corrected the typo. :)

Vakholstan
Civilian

Founded: Jan 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

really helpful

Postby Vakholstan » Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 pm

Thanks, man :)

Crimoria
Envoy

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Helpful

Postby Crimoria » Wed May 18, 2016 1:36 am

This is really helpful.
(List of things I'm against)
Calling people stupid/judging someone without knowing them/Judging a country without having lived there/racism/sexism/ judging someone just because they don't follow a religon/Putin

(Things I love)
Starwars/Australia/Equality/Canada/Germany/Netherlands/Thailand/Fallout/orange/ burritos/environment/apocalypse RPs/reptiles/Roleplays/pokemon
Quote: " Why waste your life working for money when it's really working for something that will not remember you"

Note: Fallout 4!!!!!

South Boston Irishmen
Secretary

Founded: Jan 26, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby South Boston Irishmen » Sat May 21, 2016 5:07 pm

With the NS population the way it is now, if you want to build a new region, you're going to have to grab as many people from other regions that you can.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sun May 22, 2016 4:22 am

South Boston Irishmen wrote:With the NS population the way it is now, if you want to build a new region, you're going to have to grab as many people from other regions that you can.

You do need a core to attract people in and for them to stay. But NS's pop is at 180k nations, and almost 30k WA, so I'm not really sure where you were going with the whole thing about NS pop, are you meaning their habits?
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Samsandy
Civilian

Founded: May 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Samsandy » Tue May 24, 2016 6:33 am

Thanks for sharing the info and well said about the build a regaion.

Amaryllisia
Secretary

Founded: Feb 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Amaryllisia » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:00 pm

So, I see that to build a region, it's bad if it looks empty and inactive, but I'm starting a region, so right now mine is empty and inactive. What can I do to grow a region that's brand new, where nothing much is going on yet?
Amaryllisia, sad loner in the region of Sonora.

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:42 pm

Amaryllisia wrote:So, I see that to build a region, it's bad if it looks empty and inactive, but I'm starting a region, so right now mine is empty and inactive. What can I do to grow a region that's brand new, where nothing much is going on yet?

I've found most successful regions start when a few friends decide to start a new region, thus having activity from the start. If you want to start from scratch, you've got to do a lot of recruitment work.
See You Space Cowboy...

Calais-Lorraine
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calais-Lorraine » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:57 am

I have just created a new region. It is called Alter Europa. How do I post a regional map I have created?

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:39 am

Calais-Lorraine wrote:I have just created a new region. It is called Alter Europa. How do I post a regional map I have created?

You need to post it on some image hosting site, such as imgur or photobucket, and post the link to it in your World Factbook Entry.
See You Space Cowboy...

Calais-Lorraine
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calais-Lorraine » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Drasnia wrote:
Calais-Lorraine wrote:I have just created a new region. It is called Alter Europa. How do I post a regional map I have created?

You need to post it on some image hosting site, such as imgur or photobucket, and post the link to it in your World Factbook Entry.

I did. It shows the link address, but it does not make a link one can click on.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay