NATION

PASSWORD

The Black Hawks | Still Winning

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Jakkerwocky wrote:So much for Regional Officers being effective and making it impossible for liberations to succeed. >_>

I've got 17 defender updaters banjected before update. Great effort by all RO's.

Stormwolf wrote:With this many sleepers, this many jumpers, and this tight of a trigger ... this should have been easier :P

I'm getting a feeling the RO feature made it at least harder.

Cormac Stark wrote:
Consular wrote:Unfortunately activity born from opposition to something is kinda fragile and doesn't last. It more serves your amusement than any long term benefit to their region.

I'm not sure this is true. I mean, you can say activity born from anything "doesn't last" because rarely does any region or org go without any inactive periods. But activity born from opposition did quite well for the ADN for years, and more recently TNI's and LKE's opposition to the FRA and UDL...

To be frank I'm not sure the siege mentality of TNI and the LKE was beneficial. I know Cerebella has been quite critical of basing a region's activity and unity on such, and he was actively involved in both places.

But I was talking more about small UCRs. The activity from raids doesn't last much longer than the raid.

Activity born from an internal desire to better the community is much more productive and lasts longer I think.

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:55 pm

As can be seen from RMB posts, the short term activity created by invasion also brings with it a loss of willingness to trust new members. My own region, The North Pacific, experienced this quite severely following the UPS Rail and Great Bight invasions of 2004. The prevalent paranoia about outside forces helped lead to suspicion of and clashes with our then-allies and ultimately the Pixiedance wars of the first half of 2005. The North Pacific eventually grew out of these scars, but it has never been quite the same open and inclusive (much less informal) community. There is a cost to invasions, even when repelled.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:58 pm

Consular wrote:Activity born from an internal desire to better the community is much more productive and lasts longer I think.

That is probably true. Maybe Asia will see that kind of activity as well now though; conflict sometimes brings a community together, and sometimes that lasts long after the conflict is over. I don't think anyone can really predict the effect any given raid will have on any given community, but I do think it's safe to say the effects are not always negative.

Congratulations again to TBH -- it was a fun raid, so congrats are still deserved -- as well as to defenders on a successful operation.

Luckies
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luckies » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:59 pm

A fun raid indeed.
Just your friendly neighbourhood Black Hawk. If you want to talk in private, feel free to send me a telegram or reach me on our forums.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Good stuff, happy to participate. Congratulations to Asia on its once again found freedom. Nice that our run out didn't end up just being a failed "guinea pig" test for Administration, and hopefully they'll realize that regardless of success, which was very evidently due to a fantastically coordinated sleeper effort, 18 nations banned within the span of 10 seconds by about three nations is not a sustainable way to continue R/D. Afterall, they banned the sharing of raider point nations at update due to allegedly at least some claims of imbalance, seems odd that they added the mechanic back in with even more strength.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Good stuff, happy to participate. Congratulations to Asia on its once again found freedom. Nice that our run out didn't end up just being a failed "guinea pig" test for Administration, and hopefully they'll realize that regardless of success, which was very evidently due to a fantastically coordinated sleeper effort, 18 nations banned within the span of 10 seconds by about three nations is not a sustainable way to continue R/D. Afterall, they banned the sharing of raider point nations at update due to allegedly at least some claims of imbalance, seems odd that they added the mechanic back in with even more strength.

While clashing, Ivo averaged about 1 ejection a second. In some bursts, he averages between 1.5 and 2 ejections a second. Taking the middle number and extrapolating to ten seconds, he might have gotten as many as 15 solo. Don't think 18's really a massive change.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Kazmr
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazmr » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 am

Happy to have helped as a sleeper :P

But seriously, this still goes to show that BC is incredibly broken. For how tight a trigger was used 18 ejections is an insane number. No way with how many defenders jumped on time this should have been as close as it is. And thats neglecting the fact that, had they wished, raiders could have appointed one, two, three, hell, eight or nine more people to eject.
Last edited by Kazmr on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Chairman of the Peoples Republic of Lazarus
Officer of the Lazarene Liberation Army
Also known as United Gordonopia

Onderkelkia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 13, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Onderkelkia » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:09 am

The end of the invasion is a most unfortunate outcome, but The Black Hawks fought the battle very well.

The operation confirms that it is more than possible to 'liberate' within the set-up of regional officers.

Consular wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:I'm not sure this is true. I mean, you can say activity born from anything "doesn't last" because rarely does any region or org go without any inactive periods. But activity born from opposition did quite well for the ADN for years, and more recently TNI's and LKE's opposition to the FRA and UDL...

To be frank I'm not sure the siege mentality of TNI and the LKE was beneficial. I know Cerebella has been quite critical of basing a region's activity and unity on such, and he was actively involved in both places.

But I was talking more about small UCRs. The activity from raids doesn't last much longer than the raid.

Activity born from an internal desire to better the community is much more productive and lasts longer I think.

This caricature is misleading. In neither the LKE nor TNI has foreign policy ever been the main basis for domestic activity or the source of regional unity.

LKE and TNI members have historically supported regional foreign policy because of their commitment to their region, not the other way round.
Emperor Emeritus of The Land of Kings and Emperors
King Emeritus of Norwood, etc.

Duke of Roskilde, of Balder

Archduke of Niso, of the LKE
Archduke, of The New Inquisition
Viscount, of Great Britain and Ireland
Honoured Citizen of Europeia
Emperor of the LKE
LKE Prime Minister
LKE Chief of the Imperial General Staff

Crown Prince of TNI
Commander of TNI Armed Forces
Director General of TNI Intelligence

Vice Delegate and Crown Prince of Balder
Prince of Jomsborg
Balder Statsminister
Balder Chief of Defence

GB&I Home Secretary
GB&I First Sea Lord

Chief Justice of Europeia

Member, Imperial Military Council, UIAF
Supreme Allied Commander, SRATO

WA Delegate of The Rejected Realms

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:51 pm

I didn't even apply any of my sleepers but i'm still saying i helped by lurking :P
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:07 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:I didn't even apply any of my sleepers but i'm still saying i helped by lurking :P

I lost a sleeper I planted over a year ago :lol: That's what happens when you're too lazy to log into it weekly though.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:05 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote: That's what happens when you're too lazy to log into it weekly though.

Vacation mode is your friend ;)
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:56 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote: That's what happens when you're too lazy to log into it weekly though.

Vacation mode is your friend ;)

It was vacation mode. That's the problem. You can't grow influence unless you log in weekly :p
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:39 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:Vacation mode is your friend ;)

It was vacation mode. That's the problem. You can't grow influence unless you log in weekly :p

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=221481&hilit=auralia

Space InRaiders and AstaRaids
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Space InRaiders and AstaRaids » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:30 pm

BREAKING: WORST RAID IN GALAXY SOMEHOW SUCCEEDS!

DATE: 10/23/4015
SUBJ: THE UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS
REPORT SOURCE: TBHS SOULS

LAST MAJOR CYCLE, THE BLACK HAWKS' SHIP SOULS, LEADING A TBH ARMADA AND AN ALLIED FLEET WAS ON AN APPROACH VECTOR TO JOIN ADVANCED FORCE ASTARAIDS (AKA WSE - WORST SLEEPER EVER, WITH IT'S NATURE PAINTED ON IT'S HULL TWICE AND A BROADCASTED MOTTO STATING IT'S INTENTIONS), PREVIOUSLY ALLOWED INTO THE SECTOR CONTROLLED BY THE UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS. ON THE ATTACK APPROACH, HOWEVER, A FATAL ERROR IN CALCULATIONS RESULTED IN AN OVERSHOOT BY WELL OVER ONE PARSEC, AND THE DESTRUCTION OF THE ENTIRE ARMADA, EXCUSING ADVANCED FORCE ASTARAIDS (IN FULL ATTACK MODE WITHOUT REINFORCEMENTS) AND ONE ALLIED SHIP WHO'S OWN NAVIGATION WAS SO FAR OFF IT WAS ACTUALLY ON TARGET. NOTING, HOWEVER, THE FACT THAT THE COORDINATES NEEDED TO ENTER THE UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS WERE STILL SOMEWHAT A SECRET, ADVANCE FORCE ASTARAIDS CALLED ON FURTHER REINFORCEMENTS - WHO ARRIVED SPORADICALLY, ALSO BLARING THEIR INTENTIONS OF HARM. APPROXIMATELY FIVE HOURS BEFORE THE MINOR CYCLE, NATIVE POLICE FORCES WERE OBSERVED IN FULL ACTION, AND ADVANCED FORCE ASTARAIDS PREPARED FOR EMERGENCY EVACUATION PROCEDURES - YET THE POLICE FORE INSTEAD MADE PUBLIC THE COORDINATES AND RETURNED TO THEIR BASE WITHOUT FIRING ON OUR FORCES. SHOCKED AT THIS TURN, WE THEN EXPECTED INTERGALACTIC DEFENSE FORCES TO APPEAR AT THIS SECTOR TO CRUSH THE NOW-DEFENSELESS INVADER FLEET, SITTING THERE AWAITING MINOR CYCLE IN ONLY MINOR NUMBERS - YET NOT ONE CRUISER SHOWED. MARVELING AT THE CIRCUMSTANCES, THE TBHS SOULS HAS NOW SEIZED POWER IN THE UNITED FEDERATION OF PLANETS, TO THE ASTOUNDING SHOCK OF NATIVE RESIDENTS, WHO HAVE SINCE MADE EVERY MOVE TO ABANDON THEIR SECTOR ENTIRELY. SURELY, RAIDERON SMILES ON US TODAY, EVEN IN OUR OWN ABJECT FAILURES. ALSO, PLEASE FORWARD APOLOGIES TO THE KGB FOR WRECKING THEIR FLEET. REPORT END.

TBH has shockingly somehow managed to raid The United Federation of Planets with sleeper Space InRaiders and AstaRaids (with a motto of " Hide yo passwords hide yo delegacies" somehow going undetected both at entry and since), by missing update by a full minute then piling about half a dozen people (with obviously raider names and flags) in over the next 12 hours, during which the native delegate removed the password he'd set and no defenders showed up. I'm not even sure how this happened. This has literally been my worst raid since I was in TEK. But it worked. So.... yeah. LWU, does this beat your worst raid ever, or nah?

Thanks and apologies to KGB for like, keeping you up for a total failure that provided little good experience. Seriously my bad.

Please don't congratulate me, this is nothing to be proud of xD

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Unfrickingbeleivable. It really is a shame that a region with such a great name couldn't even be bothered to protect itself, unless the native delegate was also a sleeper? Either way congrats I guess for having the football go off someones head, get fumbled twice and yet you somehow managed to score the touchdown (or something like that anyway :blink: ).

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Space InRaiders and AstaRaids wrote:Please don't congratulate me, this is nothing to be proud of xD

:P

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:13 pm

I love when raiders go to space and write stuff about it. Nice. :lol:
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Luckies
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luckies » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Cora II wrote:I love when raiders go to space and write stuff about it. Nice. :lol:

Aye, it is.
Just your friendly neighbourhood Black Hawk. If you want to talk in private, feel free to send me a telegram or reach me on our forums.

Riftey
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftey » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:51 pm

"Behold, the Great Prophet of the Black Hawks come in peace!"

Original Prophet. Now it's mainstream. Gah. :P
About
Third Place Sexiest NSer 2K15
Largest Ego in Gameplay
Gameplay Ideology: Cause drama at any cost
Screw Democracy
Gameplay
Prophet of Sanctum
Watcher of Warzones
(Former) War Beserker of Cimmeria
(Former) MoFA of The Confederacy of Allied States

Prophet Alphonse Silverstorm
Independent Oppertunist

"Loyalty to my purpose - Loyalty to the end"

Nationstates and chill anyone? ;D

Bankai Kurosaki
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bankai Kurosaki » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Space InRaiders and AstaRaids wrote:So.... yeah. LWU, does this beat your worst raid ever, or nah?

It is certainly a certified Failtacular, but The Worst Raid Ever endured for something like two weeks of nonstop Defendertrash idiocy, if I recall correctly. Have similar events that last that long, and then you'll be in the running.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Natives have tried to take it back a few times, with help from the Galactic Federacy and a few others. They were summarily ejected....after an update or so. No sign of any organized defender attempts at unseating my tiny little endo-count. Guess some RP region just isn't as important as Asia, eh?
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Mad-eye Jack
Secretary

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad-eye Jack » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Natives have tried to take it back a few times, with help from the Galactic Federacy and a few others. They were summarily ejected....after an update or so. No sign of any organized defender attempts at unseating my tiny little endo-count. Guess some RP region just isn't as important as Asia, eh?

Sure is nice to be able to pick and choose when you want to be active isn't it? And get out of here with this RP region not important enough nonsense. Paradoxia was a large continual liberation effort for an RP region. It wasn't the first and it won't be the last.
Headmaster of Hogwarts

Pretty good Defender. Telegram me if you want to take the plunge.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Mad-eye Jack wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Natives have tried to take it back a few times, with help from the Galactic Federacy and a few others. They were summarily ejected....after an update or so. No sign of any organized defender attempts at unseating my tiny little endo-count. Guess some RP region just isn't as important as Asia, eh?

Sure is nice to be able to pick and choose when you want to be active isn't it? And get out of here with this RP region not important enough nonsense. Paradoxia was a large continual liberation effort for an RP region. It wasn't the first and it won't be the last.

It's been five days, and for one of them, there was a six-endo native sitting there :P And the point there was that it's a tiny barely active region, most of whose interested parties are in another region or fled to it already- they're not making a bunch of noise, and they don;t have a famous name.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Unofficial TBH report -

If I go missing, call the BoS, not the police. Natives rejoice, raids will be on Deathclaws and whatever faction I like least in the near future. Will build my own "native" towns and defend them myself. As if NS wasn't enough of a timesink :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Bradsforth
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bradsforth » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:18 am

You guys don't harm roleplay regions rite?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay