NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 2: In Metal There Is No Law

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:21 pm

I think Kar came back to being the most annoying person in the thread.

Though I have to ask you all that call him close-minded: Have any of you explored other stuff like electronic music, punk, pop, ect, ect, which all vary a ton as well, and given it a legitimate chance, too? This is just a legitimate question out of curiosity. Because at least Kar gave death metal and black metal a try, even if he's spewing out BS related to it ever since.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:23 pm

Kiaculta wrote:No kids for me. Ever. I'm going to be that cool uncle that my nieces/nephews like but my brother despises for not "settling down".

Ugh, that good ole "You need to settle down" BS. I hate that. Screw settling down, shit's just about to get started in my life! :P
My Last.FM and RYM

The republic of Kosh Naranek
Diplomat

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:24 pm

Corrian wrote:I think Kar came back to being the most annoying person in the thread.

Though I have to ask you all that call him close-minded: Have any of you explored other stuff like electronic music, punk, pop, ect, ect, which all vary a ton as well, and given it a legitimate chance, too? This is just a legitimate question out of curiosity. Because at least Kar gave death metal and black metal a try, even if he's spewing out BS related to it ever since.

Pop is garbage, I've listened to it for years before discovering metal. I enjoy some punk. I'm not into electronic. Personally the only non metal genres I enjoy are prog rock, hard rock, classic rock and classical.
Hello, just a fellow headbanger, wondering about the future.
I'm a bisexual homoromantic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5PU9YNlGM

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:26 pm

The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:
Corrian wrote:I think Kar came back to being the most annoying person in the thread.

Pop is garbage, I've listened to it for years before discovering metal. I enjoy some punk. I'm not into electronic. Personally the only non metal genres I enjoy are prog rock, hard rock, classic rock and classical.

Pop...err...I like Michael Jackson. Justin Timberlake has some catchy stuff, even if it is kind of stupid.
Last edited by Kiaculta on Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Varg Vikernes can fuck off.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:29 pm

Electronic: Been all over that, listened to lesser known artists and the popular ones too, I find most if not all of it too boring for my tastes. It's either way too predictable (more of the dance type stuff) or it all sounds extremely similar. Punk is something I haven't looked into much but I respect the genre and I'd never bash it. I know pop and I don't like most of it. However...

NeuPolska wrote:ABBA are fucking brutal :p

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:34 pm

[/quote]
Moar br00tal than mawbid angle.

I am a center-left moderate social libertarian Left: 2.79, Libertarian: 2.71 If you want to take the same quiz: http://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/politi ... -quiz.html

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Moar br00tal than mawbid angle.[/quote]

Livin' hardcore radikult.
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:48 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
Moar br00tal than mawbid angle.

Livin' hardcore radikult.[/quote]

Yee.

Hjalmarr
Envoy

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hjalmarr » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:03 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:
It was a completely unnecessary comment. He's basically saying the idea of a God is completely ridiculous, as if he knows this for a fact. It's one thing to not believe in God, but that doesn't mean you have to run around saying "God isn't real!" all the time. I could easily say irreligion shouldn't be taken literally because you can't possibly know if a God does or does not exist. I don't run around saying "God is real!" all the time.

I don't care what religion or lack thereof you believe in, just don't go around broadcasting your beliefs like they're the undeniable truth. That's basically just saying "Everyone is wrong but my specific group!", I just don't think people need to broadcast their religious beliefs all the time.

You don't believe in God? That's fine, just don't go running around acting like it's a fact that God doesn't exist. You don't know that for sure, that's just your belief, just as it is my belief that God does exist. Neither of us can prove nor disprove our positions, so let's just not fucking talk like we can.

Religion is like sexuality: Keep it to yourself unless it happens to come up or if someone asks.

Now, if he had said something like "Religion shouldn't be taken too seriously", that would've been fine, and he would've been right. Many people take their religious beliefs far too seriously, but saying there's no such thing as God, as if it's a fact, as if he's 100% positive, as if he could possibly hold the knowledge necessary to determine that there isn't a God without room for error, is just stupid and a bit arrogant.

But god isn't real.

I'm sorry.
Last edited by Hjalmarr on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VARG VIKERNES INTENSIFIES | Rest in Transylvania Pelle | Rest in Transylvania Euronymous | Reign in Blood Jeff
HE-YAHL-MARR
Formerly, Greater Sveriege (yes I know it's Sverige), Gran Falcata and Aethirheim. RIP.
I'm San's child so yeah. | Picture of me. | National Anthem
The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Hjalmarr wrote:Iron wolves are the best, and you will die if you think otherwise.
(I won't actually kill you, I am joking.)

He's not
Swedish, Odalist, Viking, bassist and most of all, METALHEAAD!

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Hjalmarr wrote:
New Rob Halfordia wrote:But god isn't real.

That's just making it worse.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The republic of Kosh Naranek » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:07 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
Hjalmarr wrote:

That's putting salt on an iodine covered wound.

Hjalmarr
Envoy

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hjalmarr » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
Hjalmarr wrote:

This is

huh

war
VARG VIKERNES INTENSIFIES | Rest in Transylvania Pelle | Rest in Transylvania Euronymous | Reign in Blood Jeff
HE-YAHL-MARR
Formerly, Greater Sveriege (yes I know it's Sverige), Gran Falcata and Aethirheim. RIP.
I'm San's child so yeah. | Picture of me. | National Anthem
The Huskar Social Union wrote:
Hjalmarr wrote:Iron wolves are the best, and you will die if you think otherwise.
(I won't actually kill you, I am joking.)

He's not
Swedish, Odalist, Viking, bassist and most of all, METALHEAAD!

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Kiaculta wrote:

That's putting salt on an iodine covered wound.

Not to mention it's not funny.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:21 pm

The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Pop is garbage

Doesn't sound much different than Kar, generalizing an entire wide genre as garbage.

NeuPolska wrote:Electronic: Been all over that, listened to lesser known artists and the popular ones too, I find most if not all of it too boring for my tastes. It's either way too predictable (more of the dance type stuff) or it all sounds extremely similar.

When I say "electronic" I'm also referring to all the different subgenres, and that includes many, many different ones. It's a wide ranged realm of music. Doesn't sound anymore samey than a lot of metal does. Though of course there's plenty of it sounding similar and being too predictable, but again, that's just part of the wide genre.

So saying that pretty much proved what I was expecting. We're calling Kar close-minded and ignorant, or generalizing, yet it sounds like we're the same way with other genres we don't like, without being aware of how wide ranged they are as well. Just because the shitty dance tune on the radio or the generic pop tune are dull as all hell, doesn't mean everything in those realms is like that. At all.

Though I'm sure you guys know that, but I'm just saying :). I just see too much where it seems like people call others close-minded, ignorant, and generalizing, while we're the same way in that regard when it comes to similar things, or just in general. And this includes myself, because I can think of a few examples when I've done tat.
My Last.FM and RYM

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:25 pm

You already know that I'm a huge electro fan. As long as it's heavily 80s influenced :p
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:02 pm

NeuPolska wrote:You're using the term "elitist" like some metalheads use "poser".

But he is an elitist.

Am I really the only know whose noticed this?

Bodobol wrote:I like BMTH and some BFMV songs, saying it wasn't metal wasn't meant as an insult, just a neutral opinion.

Oh, my bad.

You're still wrong though. :p

Kiaculta wrote:Don't bother, he'll go "you're weird" and "Murica" on you.

Statistically, it is weird. How many bisexual homoromantics do you know?

Exactly. Just because something is acceptable doesn't mean it's normal, dude. Weird doesn't mean wrong, weird means abnormal, and that's what sexual minorities are: Abnormal. It's not discrimination or prejudice, it's just fact.

And I only do the "'Murica!" thing as a joke.

New Rob Halfordia wrote:But god isn't real.

gr8 b8 m8, i r8 it 8/8

Kiaculta wrote:Oh dear, Kar is gonna go apeshit.

You misjudge me, Kia. I know bait when I see it. I was a troll myself once, many years ago. And a damn good one too.

I'm anything but close-minded.

I may be an asshole, ignorant at times, and incredibly annoying half the time, but I'm not close-minded.

I enjoy a very wide variety of music, from the quietest to the loudest, from the softest to the hardest, from the weakest to the heaviest, from the oldest to the newest.

Hjalmarr wrote:

I'm sorry.

Ew. Varg.

You're so not sorry.

Corrian wrote:
The republic of Kosh Naranek wrote:Pop is garbage

Doesn't sound much different than Kar, generalizing an entire wide genre as garbage.

I don't generalize the entire genre. Just most of it.

I do like a few black and death metal artists simply because they aren't complete shit, but 98% of both genres is pretty much crap to me.
Last edited by Kar-Esseria on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Thurses
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Thurses » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:05 pm

whhy does the metal community have to bicker over everything?

like just listen to some nargaroth and chill guys
You're all horrible.

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:05 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:spoilers Kar, for real

I wasn't baiting actually. I was stating what, today, is more or less proven to be true. There is no evidence of an omnipotent being above all existing. However, there is evidence against it that is scientifically proven.

Besides, this is the Metal Thread. In case you didn't know, Heavy Metal is almost always against religion.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Thurses
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Thurses » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:10 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:spoilers Kar, for real

I wasn't baiting actually. I was stating what, today, is more or less proven to be true. There is no evidence of an omnipotent being above all existing. However, there is evidence against it that is scientifically proven.

Besides, this is the Metal Thread. In case you didn't know, Heavy Metal is almost always against religion.

I am still trying to get my head over christian black metal.
You're all horrible.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:12 pm

Thurses wrote:whhy does the metal community have to bicker over everything?

Well we could easily do that, but where would the discussion be?

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Bodobol
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bodobol » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Nargaroth and chill? :p

Born of Osiris released another song yesterday, and I like it. I kind of wish they wouldn't have constant chugging throughout the entire thing, it's cool when employed properly but it feels like they've really gone off the deep end in that regard on TWDA and the upcoming album.
Last.fmRead my blogshe/her

Soviet Haaregrad
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Soviet Haaregrad » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:40 pm

Kiaculta wrote:I know you were sarcastic but that's a very Varg thing to say. Funny thing is, he sounds more like a Christian conservative at times.

Right-wing reactionaries often sound the same, whether they're Christian, Muslim, Asatru or Hindu.

Kiaculta wrote:Metalcore is still metal, whether you like it or not (and I certainly don't)!

Some metalcore is metal, but most good metalcore isn't.

Hurdegaryp wrote:Since most of current-day metal would never have come into existence without the prominent influence from punk and hardcore, it is only logical to assume that metalcore, no matter if you like it or not, is actually very much a logical form of metal (and hardcore).

Metalcore has it worse than a red-headed step-child. Both parents have disowned it. :unsure:

Bickering ist krieg.
RP Population: 1760//76 million//1920 104 million//1960 209 million//1992 238 million
81% Economic Leftist, 56% Anarchist, 79% Anti-Militarist, 89% Socio-Cultural Liberal, 73% Civil Libertarian
Privatization of collectively owned property is theft.
The Confederacy of Independent Socialist Republics
FACTBOOK
ART

There are no gods and no one is a prophet.

Thurses
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Thurses » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:I know you were sarcastic but that's a very Varg thing to say. Funny thing is, he sounds more like a Christian conservative at times.

Right-wing reactionaries often sound the same, whether they're Christian, Muslim, Asatru or Hindu.

Kiaculta wrote:Metalcore is still metal, whether you like it or not (and I certainly don't)!

Some metalcore is metal, but most good metalcore isn't.

Hurdegaryp wrote:Since most of current-day metal would never have come into existence without the prominent influence from punk and hardcore, it is only logical to assume that metalcore, no matter if you like it or not, is actually very much a logical form of metal (and hardcore).

Metalcore has it worse than a red-headed step-child. Both parents have disowned it. :unsure:

Bickering ist krieg.

i am dead
You're all horrible.

New Naephak
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Naephak » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Thurses wrote:
New Rob Halfordia wrote:I wasn't baiting actually. I was stating what, today, is more or less proven to be true. There is no evidence of an omnipotent being above all existing. However, there is evidence against it that is scientifically proven.

I am still trying to get my head over christian black metal.

I dunno man, the bible gets pretty fuckin metal at times.

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:23 pm

This Anaal Nathrakh "alternative lyrics" video is HILARIOUS.

I figured Kar might appreciate it since it's kinda poking fun at the screamed/growled vocals, but the whole thing still had me on the floor laughing :lol2:
Last edited by Cosumar on Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

PreviousNext