NATION

PASSWORD

WHF21 - Picard, Normandy and Picardy

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

WHF21 - Picard, Normandy and Picardy

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:20 am

OOC | Contest Info | Last Edition

"A World Of Music", Official Theme of the 21st World Hit Festival

8:00PM, Normand Time (GMT)
Picard had been bustling for several days, as fans poured in before the spectacle that is the World Hit Festival. Many were Normand fans, travelling from the main cities in the west of Caen and Rouen, others arrived via Picard Airport from around the multiverse. No matter where they were from, Picard was determined to make everyone feel at home. Tourists visited the many sites of Picard, from the Tórðin Piccangenðaárðináoffat ("The Tower of The Picard People") to the Bank of Picardy Building. As the show was about to begin, the stadium was full to the brim of excited fans, and there were even fans outside watching on large screens constructed to allow people to watch the contest. There was a feeling of excitement and joy, as the contest was finally going to begin. What wasn't known - as BNRT and TVP had kept it a secret - was what the opening act was actually going to be. What was certain was that the previous champions, Small Lords, weren't going to be there, as they were on a multiverse wide tour promoting their new album, "Clearest Blue". The Venuðiná Piccarnoffwas about to explode with anticipation from the crowd when a voice was suddenly heard, saying "Ladies, Gentlemen, Children. Welcome to the greatest show in the Multiverse, live from Picard, Normandy and Picardy. This is the WORLD HIT FESTIVAL"

On TV screens around the multiverse, there is a view of the previous host city, Senmeri. We meet a child, who's name is never told. She walks around the city, past many of the sites, and reaches the highest point of the city. Then, she puts her hand into the sky, and it turns into one of the hands of the logo of this WHF. Then, the hand starts flying into the air, and soon we begin a whirlwind tour of the entire multiverse. We go to Todlichebujoku and Sterblichengokai, then to Monterra, Kalosia, then to Izmedu, Bloodbath Generation, Ekoz, and many of the other nations. Eventually, the hand reaches Picard, flying through the streets as fans walk towards the Venuðiná Piccarnoff (in reality, most fans used the trams or the underground). The theme tune has been playing throughout this, and finally we reach the stadium, where the opening act finally begins...

Luci Gjardin - The World Is In Your Hands
Lady Gaga - G.U.Y

Luci stands on a pedestal in the middle of the stage, looking upwards and to the side and the backs of her hands on her face. She turns her head and looks at the audience as she begins speaking as the song begins. The background is one that is black and full of stars and worlds. Luci's dress is made up of the flags of all of the competing nation, which is unfortunately less than usual.

Greeting Multiverse
Welcome to Picard
For the World Hit Festival
Sit back, and enjoy as this contest guides you through new and exciting cultures

The background zooms in on one the worlds, on which the logo of this WHF, the three hands, can be seen. Luci somersaults off her pedestal to the cheers of the crowd and begins a dance routine (OOC: Like that in the video). The three hands send out a beam which spreads out across the background, and by the end of the verse the background is made of the colours of the hands (Orange, Blue and Green, which are also the Picard colours).

The world is in your hands
Don't you see? (Oh yeah!)
Only you have the power
To change our world, so do it (Oh yeah)
Make a difference, make a change

Luci leaves the dancers who continue their routine, although it becomes more like gymnastics/acrobatics. She struts towards the front, confident and proud, like the contest wants everyone to be. She reaches the front in the part singing, part talking bit before the contest, placing her microphone on the microphone stand.

You can be leaders
You can be musicians
You can be the bringers of peace (of peace)
Make a change and don't be scared
Make a choice, the power's there
You can do whatever you want to do

The background now changes again to show the colours of all the competing nations converging as one, and slowly the colours change into the flags of all of the competing nations. Luci takes her microphone once again as she is lifted by two of the dancers and turns around, showing the back of her dress that says "The World Is Yours".

The world is in your hands (your hands)
The world is in your hands

As the chorus ends, Luci leaves the stage and flag bearers begin entering the stage, as the music from the song continues. Behind each of the flag bearers is the act performing from each of the competing nations. Then, the host of tonight's contest, Soði-Ann Esklenðan, walks onto the stage, welcoming all the acts before reaching the front and beginning to speak to the audience. All the time, the crowds have been cheering, both for the opening act, the flag bearers and for Soði-Ann.
[align=center]Hil! Hello, and Welcome to the 21st World Hit Festival in Picard. We are here for one purpose, to share music and cultures and to see what the world can offer. It is then up to you to decide who has won, and the power will be in you hands. It is those hands that can also change a nation, create a masterpiece, explore whole new world, and can do so much more. So, don't waste your chance, as "The World Is In Your Hands". Now, enough of me talking. You're here to watch the contest, and watch it you shall. The World Hit Festival has begun!
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:24 am

_1. _Tödlichebujoku_

Far Away

Anja Krebs & SKLO

With another lack of a victory in a seemingly endless series of attempts, SterGo100 was at wit's end. For WHF21, the broadcaster looked back to WHF14 for inspiration- bringing the music group SKLO back to the contest, along with newcomer Anja Krebs. The entry was composed and choreographed by the dual-couple group SKLO and sung by Anja, with the lyrics being a full collaboration. This time, the performance was to be a bit more traditional but still energetic and dramatic. The most popular interpretation of the song is that it references the journey into the afterlife, though neither the artists nor the broadcaster have confirmed or denied this view of the entry. An alternative interpretation is that it is simply about change, and how it is often better than holding on. Either way, hopes are running high for "Far Away", but will the world love it as SterGo100 does?

The stage briefly glimmers with blue accents. Anja stands alone in the spotlight, in a shimmering dark shawl
I grasp the roots of my homeland
So warm, so tender, like a bosom
You pull me toward the distant horizon, inch by inch you pull, across the seas

She takes the microphone from the stand and steps forward. The silhouettes of couples dancing are seen behind her
You tell me tales of love and glory
Regale me thus, as I let go
The land cries out in pain as I release myself, my last finger frees, itself

The stadium lights strobe and then stay on, and Anja stares forward into the audience, backed by the members of SKLO dancing
Fifty years it takes before I rise
Now my wings are unleashed as I defy
The only home I knew

She slips the shawl off, revealing a flowing white dress
You can ask me now how I lived my life
You can judge me how you'd like while I
Fly so far away

Fly so far away
Fly so far away

She closes her eyes, as if meditating. Small points of light are visible behind her
Fly so far away
Oh so far away

[stop at 1:30 on music video]

As the instrumental begins, a fusillade of fireworks erupts from the stage, while Anja puts the microphone back into the stand and is hooked up onto a small harness and cable.

The screens of the stage combine to create an atmosphere of radiance, with white and golden rays emanating from the center. The lights of the stadium, also white and gold, rise and gently make a rotating motion over the audience. Wind machines create a noticeable breeze throughout the space. Anja "flies" over the audience, where her white dress bursts into magnificent flames and billows in the breeze.

Dancers whirl down the aisles and shoot fireworks from launchers strapped to their backs, as the members of SKLO dance within the confines of a flaming circle on stage.
Six dancers, suspended from the ceiling, perform aerial cartwheels on either side of Anja with wildly sparking pyros attached to metal plates on their backs.

Still airborne, Anja unfolds a large gliding apparatus from within her dress. She detaches her harness from the cable and swoops down to the stage, her dress still flaming. The dancers on the ground circle her and fire more fireworks into the air, as the airborne cartwheeling ones are suspended above the stage

An arc of fireballs billows out from the stage as the instrumental ends and Anja quickly changes into an iridescent dress, which sparkles in the blue and green lights that fade in. She is also lit from below by a watery, sky blue light

[start at 2:46 on video]
The only home I knew

The lights of the stadium intensify, with brilliant beams of white and gold intermingling with the blue and green. SKLO dances around Anja, waving blue and white ribbons that ripple through the air
Fly so far away
Fly so far away
Fly so far away

A veritable blizzard of white petals descends upon the audience and stage, as the two couples making up SKLO dance down the aisles and back to the stage
I can see so far now beyond the light
My heart can't restrain this divine delight
Oh so far away

Yellow, orange, and red autumn leaves join the white petals in falling from the ceiling
Forget all the pain that we've denied
Bring me closer to somber Fate as I
Fly so far away
Fly so far away
Fly so far away

The petals and leaves stop falling, and the stadium and stage dim to the faint white and gold glow of the accents. Anja is only softly lit
Fly so far away

The spotlight dims

SKLO and Anja walk to the front of the stage and bow, then shout, "Kittos Picard! Thank you!" before exiting the stage.[/quote]

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:26 am

Jesse Anafjord is a well-known Ekozian TV personality who first rose to prominence in 2005 at the age of 13; Jesse, then named Jessica became the youngest person in Ekoz to undergo a gender reassignment transition from female to male. he is the poster-child for the LGTBQ community in Ekoz, and has had a string of hugely popular TV shows, as well as three top five hits on the Ekoesestoplistann. His single, "Free (Finally)" is a celebration of her tenth year living under his new identity, as well as the 250th anniversary of the legalisation for same-sex marriage. Jesse stated that "to represent Ekoz at the World Hit Festival in Caen with this song is a huge honour, and a huge platform to celebrate and promote LGBTQ rights, not only in Ekoz about around the world"

Jesse stands centre stage. He is wearing a white fitted long-sleeved shirt and white skinny jeans, with white high-tops. He is joined by four male dances, of which two are Black Ekozian. He is wearing a microphone headset rather than a hand-held microphone. As the music starts he adjusts the headset and addresses the audience. The stage lights up with a bright white lighting.

(Spoken) Come on now!
Here we go!
I'm here to show you,
We are free.

Today is a good day,
It's a time to be happy,
Don't you worry about it babe,
We can be, who we are; free.

Today is a good day,
It's a time to be happy,
Don't you worry about it babe,
We can be who we are; free.

You and me are free,
You and me are free,
Baby you and me are free,
We can be who we are; free

You and me are free,
You and me are free,

You and me are free,
You and me are free,

As the beat kicks in, pyrotechnics circle the stage. Jesse and the dancers start their choreography. The crowd cheer.

It feels like forever,
Never felt like this before
Look into the future, now,
All I see is you and me

All of our struggles,
Seem so distant in the past,
We are liberated, yes.
Baby, you and me are free

You and me are free,
You and me are free,

You and me are free,
You and me are free,

Jesse and the dancers repeat their choreographed movement whilst he sings.

You and me are free,
You and me are free,

You and me are free,
You and me are free,

You're all I want baby, oh oh.
Sail into the sea, yea, yeah
Finally we're free, now.

As the final beat/chorus kicks in, paint powder is released onto the stage while Jesse and the dancers are dancing, covering their white outfits. Paint powder is also sprayed onto the audience. The crowd let out a massive cheer.

You and me are free,
You and me are free,

You and me are free,
You and me are free,

We can be who we are; free.

Jesse: Tåk Normand och Pikard! Thank-you!
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:28 am

3. Normandy and Picardy
Sophie Béatois - No Life For Me
Tune: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zwfCjYv7gVQ[/align]

This is the time the home crowd had been waiting for, if only for a little bit. They couldn't wait to see Sophie on stage. She had had a long journey to get here. BNRT had decided to use the MusikFestivalé Norgwéana to select the entry, and they invited famous Normand artists to perform an original song. The show, which went on over 3 nights and resulted in Sophie winning it, was a great success. Sophie herself is from Caelensfor, on the border between the Normand and Picard regions. She has, however, lived in Caen most her life, with her mother. She went through the ordinary school system, coming out of University with a degree in Theoretical Physics. However, she was soon discovered and signed up; she agreed as soon as she was asked as music has always favourite thing. Her unique style has scene her have a series of hits, and this song, "No Life For Me", which will be released as soon as it is performed, is expected to go straight to number 1. Sophie is a favourite with both the Normand and Picard sections, but the Picard crowd is almost certain to cheer louder, especially as the contest it taking place in Picard.

The stage is dark, and nothing can be seen at all. Suddenly, as the music begins, there is a flash of light and Sophie can be seen in the centre of the stage, staring upwards and standing sideways. She turns, and walks towards the front, as light fades on and off. Finally, the lights turn blue and settle at a medium intensity, and the stage can now be clearly seen. Sophie is lent against a giant mock-up of the Normand magazine "Er Asðent", which is like most celebrity magazines.

Save me, save me...

I don't care much 'bout celebrity
You see, selling out isn't for me
The fame and money are nice for a while
But soon it comes crashing down

The backing singers, who until this point were hidden, begin walking towards Sophie, almost menacingly, until they reach their microphone stands. Sophie has stopped leaning against the magazine, and now is behind her own microphone stand.

(You know) don't you?
They'll take your soul (they'll take your soul)
Turn you into something you're not (something you're not)

As the chorus begins, Sophie knocks over the large-scale copy of "Er Asðent" and takes the microphone from her stand, walking right to the front of the stage, were she finds a TV and a Computer.

Success and fame
Loss and heartbreak
No I don't want this life
No, I don't want this, no
Ooh, oooooh This is no life for me

The TV screen, which the cameras zoom into momentarily, shows a reality TV show, and the computer shows the Normand social networking site "Konecion". In the middle of the verse, Sophie kicks the computer, which is only a prop and not a real computer, to the side and the TV screen "malfunctions".

Save me, save me...

The same drivel is always on repeat
But the faces are changing constantly
They all have 15 minutes of fame
But soon they're waking from the dream

The cameras zoom into Sophie, as she and her backing singers sing the bridge. The background that can be seen behind her shows a pop-art style head without a brain in it.

(You know) don't you?
They'll take your mind (They'll take your mind)
Make you a shell of what you really are (you really are)

Not much happens staging wise during this chorus, except the background shows the head transform into a kaleidoscopic image of magazines and microphones.

Success and fame
Loss and heartbreak

The stage becomes dark and the background shows the face on a magazine "melting" on one side, becoming disfigured. As the backing singers sing, Sophie acts, looking scared and terrified.

We'll take your soul, we'll take your dreams
We'll give you everything you need
To be just like everyone else
You know being different is such a chore

The lights return to how they were, and the red tinge slowly disappears. Sophie returns to normal. The camera pans around the stage a few times, and as the final chorus end focuses on her face and there's a flash of light. This represents a camera taking a photo of her.

No life for me...

Success and fame
Loss and heartbreak

Save me

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:29 am

4. Gim

F.A.M., unabbreviated as Fierce but Attractive Women, is a Gimian girl group formed by S.M. Entertainment in 2014 A.D. They made their debut with the digital single Happiness, which was released August 4, 2014 A.D.

Dumb is a song that describes the annoyance by girls when boys do not listen to what their girlfriends are saying and telling them what to do.

The group is composed of five members: Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri.

Irene (Gimian: 아이린) was born as Bae Joo Hyeon (Gimian: 배주현) on March 29, 1991 (Age: 24) in West Ansan, Gim. She is the leader, main rapper and lead dancer of the group.

Seulgi was born as Kang Seul Gi (Gimian: 강슬기) on February 10, 1994 (Age: 21) in South Ansan, Gim. She is the lead vocalist and main dancer of the group.

Wendy (Gimian: 웬디) was born as Son Seung Wan (Gimian: 손승완) on February 21, 1994 (Age: 21) in North Ansan, Gim. She is the main vocalist of the group.

Joy (Gimian: 조이) was born as Park Soo Young (Gimian: 박수영) on September 3, 1996 (Age: 19) in North Ansan, Gim. She is the lead rapper and vocalist of the group.

Yeri (Gimian: 예리) was born as Kim Ye Rim (Gimian: 김예림) on March 5, 1999 (Age: 16) in North Ansan, Gim. She is the rapper and dancer for the group.

Translation is on the right of each stanza of the lyrics and is parenthesized.

Stage is dark, and the audience cannot see anything in front of them. A few second later, the lights are turned on, and a background of multicolored tiles are shown. Colors of pink, yellow, blue, green, and purple flash randomly amongst the tiles throughout the performance. Five girls are positioned near the center of the stage with Irene in the very center, Seulgi behind and left of her, Wendy behind and right, Joy front and right, and Yeri front and left of Irene who is at the very center.

Irene has her hair dyed with a combination of brown and black, and wears a pinkish sweater and tight, black pants. The rest wear a red sweater and tight, black pants. All of them wear white sneakers with red and black lining. All girls sing in the beginning, dancing as shown from 0:00-0:13 of this video.

Highlights
All Together
Irene
Seulgi
Wendy
Joy
Yeri
You're so dumb dumb dumb dumb, (너는 dumb dumb dumb dumb)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb, (Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. (Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb)

Seulgi starts off the singing in the performance, as the crowd screams from time to time out of excitement from seeing pretty girls on the stage. Some spectators are holding fan banners with phrases such as, "F.A.M.: Winner of WorldVision 42", "Irene, We Love You!", and "Fierce and Attractive Irene, Seulgi, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri!". Seulgi, Wendy, and Joy sing and dance, as shown in 0:13-0:39 of this video.
Because of you, I am exhausted, out of breath, (너 때문에 난 힘들어 숨이 차 올라)
Everything you do incurs my uncontrollable wrath, Oh! (니가 모든 하는게 날 열을 받게 만들어, Oh!)

Baby baby baby baby, you! (Baby baby baby baby, you!)
Foolish, foolish, foolish, you! (Foolish, foolish, foolish, you!)

I tell you this and you do that; it's frustrating, (이렇게 하라면 넌 다르게 해, 답답해)
I say "yes", you say "no"; it's stress that you are creating, Oh! ("예"면 너는 "아니", 스트레스 받아 정말, Oh!)

Baby baby baby baby baby, you! (Baby baby baby baby, you!)
Crazy crazy crazy crazy, you! (Crazy crazy crazy crazy, you!)

Vapor from the top of the stage is unleashed as the girls began singing the chorus. The crowd begins to roar, and the girls dance as shown in 0:39-0:52 in this video. Irene, in the center, winks as she finishes the chorus, and another roar is heard from the crowd, especially from the male audience.

Like a man-nequin stay still, (마네킹 인형처럼)
Let me do the things that you are just about to do, (가만히 있어 내가 알아서 하게 해줘)
Don't try to stop me from this 'til, (우리 둘이 더 나아질때)
I have finished making this better for us two. (까지 너 좀 그만 좀 방해를 해줘)

Irene begins to rap, as the crowd attentively listen to the catchy tune. Yeri raps later, and the crowd screams as she performs her first part in this performance. The girls continue to dance, as shown in 0:53-1:05 in this video.
You think you know it all, (넌 다 안다고 착각해)
You think you have it all, (다 가졌다고 착각해)
Thus, you hate listening to me. (그래서 듣기 싫지?)

Dumb dumb dumb dumb, (Dumb dumb dumb dumb)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb. (Dumb dumb dumb dumb)
This is an illusion, (이거는 illusion)
You need to be disillusioned, (버려 그 illusion)
Don't make yourself a fool, gee. (바보같이 굴지 마)

Crowd roars and sings along with the girls saying, "Dumb", repeatedly. Some of the audience stands up and begin to wildly dance out of excitement. All girls sing and continue to dance, as shown in 1:06-1:19 of this video.
Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Joy begins to sing the second verse; Seulgi and Wendy follow up singing the second part of the verse. Joy moves to the center of the stage as Irene moves to the front, right. Camera focuses on Joy's entire body. All girls sing and continue to dance, as shown in 1:19-1:32 of this video.
I wanna ask you something; please don't ignore me, little boy, (내가 질문이 있어; 내 말 좀 들어봐줘, boy!)
Do you seriously think you are smart, or you just playing me, boy? (니가 정말 머리가 좋다고 생각해, boy?)

Baby baby baby baby, you! (Baby baby baby baby, you!)
You make me crazy crazy crazy crazy, hey! (You make me crazy crazy crazy crazy, hey!)

Confetti from the top of the stage is unleashed as the girls began singing the chorus again. The crowd begins to roar, and the girls dance as shown in 1:33-1:45 in this video. Joy, in the center, winks and moves behind and left of Seulgi who moves to the center, and another roar is heard from the crowd, especially from the male audience.

Seulgi moves to the front and right of the stage, replacing Irene; Irene moves to the center of the girls. All girls sing and dance, as shown from 0:00-0:13 of this video. Crowd roars out of excitement and sings along saying, "Dumb dumb dumb dumb".

Irene begins to rap and dance just as all of the girls do, as shown in 1:58-2:10 of this video. Some audience have stood up to dance along with the music, holding fan banners and wearing F.A.M. bracelets that have been given when the group performed in Ansan, Empire of Gim.
You are an idiot, (넌 바보야)
You, boy, Mister Dumbest Man, (You, boy, Mister Dumbest Man)
You suck the Happiness* out of me, (넌 내 Happiness 다 뱄어가지)
You won't let me be. (날 가만안둬)
Why don't you please Be Natural** just like me now, ignorant kid? (나처럼 제발 좀 Be Natural? 바보 같은 너!)
I don't wish to give up on you; man, be more smart. (널 포기하기 싫어; 머리 좀 써 너.)

Joy begins to rap, as she moves into the center and Irene moves to behind and left where Joy had been positioned. Crowd roars when she moves to the center of the stage. Girls sing and dance, as shown from 2:10-2:25 of this video.
Don't wanna trip on you, (괴롭히기 싫어)
Don't wanna upset you, (울리기 싫어)
If you're crying, "Boo Hoo", (근데 운다면)
Blame yourself, please do. (다 니 탓이야)
But if you pro-mise to never act so dumb, (그러나 전부 고친다면 내...)
I can probably feed you Ice Cream***. Now are you feeling better? (...가 Ice 크림 사줄께. 그러면 기분 좋아질까?)

Yeri stays front and left of the stage with respect to the girls and begins to sing the bridge. Irene sings immediately after Yeri. Joy sings immediately after Irene, and the final stanza of the bridge is sung by Seulgi and Wendy together in harmony. Girls sign and dance, as shown from 2:25-2:37 of the video.
Perhaps you will never change your actions, fool, (아마도 너는 변하지 않을거야)
Maybe this song is a waste of time, (이 노래는 시간 낭비야)
I wanted you to act the way I like, (니가 날 따르면 좋은데)
But I'm assuming you don't even give a single dime. (그런데 아마도 넌 신경 안쓸거잖아)

All girls sing the chorus together and dance, as shown in 2:38-2:51 of this video.

Yeri begins to rap, as the crowd attentively listen to the catchy tune. Irene raps later, and the crowd screams out of joy. The girls continue to dance, as shown in 2:51-3:05 in this video.
You think you know it all, (넌 다 안다고 착각해)
You think you have it all, (다 가졌다고 착각해)
Thus, you hate listening to me. (그래서 듣기 싫지?)

This is an illusion, (이거는 illusion)
You need to be disillusioned, (버려 그 illusion)
Don't make yourself a fool, gee. (바보같이 굴지 마)

Crowd roars and sings along with the girls saying, "Dumb", repeatedly. Some of the audience stands up and begin to wildly dance out of excitement. All girls sing and continue to dance, as shown in 3:06-3:20 of this video. Wendy sings at the last stanza along with the rhythm.
Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb, (Oh, you must be~)
Dumb dumb dumb dumb,
Dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Song ends with Irene in the very center, Seulgi behind and left of her, Wendy behind and right, Joy front and right, and Yeri front and left. Irene is standing up, whereas, all other four girls and kneeling down, surrounding her. The girls who are kneeling down show a bit of skin on their lower back, which look quite toned. However, their pants are not low to the point of showing cleavage. Girls maintain their ending position with smiles on their faces.

Crowd cheers their name, saying "F! A! M!", and waves their fan banners and bracelets in honor of them.

*Happiness is the title of F.A.M.'s first digital single.
**Be Natural is the title of F.A.M.'s second digital single.
***Ice Cream is the title of F.A.M.'s first mini album. Dumb is a part of their first regular album.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:30 am

5. Anollasia
Twang - İşkence
Tune: U2 - Zoo Station

Promotional photograph of Twang

Twang, born Deniz Atabey on June 19, 1983, is an Anollasian pop rock and electronic artist. Twang was born in Southton, Anollasia, into a small middle class family. After high school, he didn't take any post-secondary education, instead playing in local bars and cafés until a record producer saw the potential in him and signed him with Jupiter Records, a major Anollasian record label. Twang has released 5 studio albums (Twang [2003], Gnawt [2005], Killjoy [2009], This Must Be Art [2012], and Taste the Fear [2014]. He's known to be a bit 'artsy' and a bit ironic in his music, such as in his most popular song, ''Afraid of Fear'' (2012). ''İşkence'' will be revealed for the first time in the 21st edition of the World Hit Festival, as it has never appeared anywhere else before.

As the performance starts, the stage is dark with no lights whatsoever. The first guitar 'grind' is heard, and with the second one, a man with a chainsaw is put under the spotlight. That spotlight is focused on him, while he starts the chainsaw with the grinding guitar sound. During the distorted drum lick, another spotlight is focused on a man pounding a baseball bat into his hand. As the guitar sound continues, the man with chainsaw slowly approaches the audience and is at the edge of the stage until a larger spotlight shines to the centre of the stage. It reveals Twang in a chair with a giant metal, bowl-shaped device on his head and he's surrounded by a group of shady-looking men. The device is presumably a brainwashing machine. With his sunglasses removed by one of the men, Twang starts moaning with pain as the man with the chainsaw and the man with the baseball bat lunge toward him. The background screen has nothing but darkness on it.

Oh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhh!

Twang opens his eyes and has an almost robotic face, with no facial expression at all, looking into space.

Bir emir
Bir emrette lafı kes
Bir emir
Bana çok büyük zevk

The man with chainsaw and the one with the baseball bat keep lunging at him, pretty much in his face.

Bir emir daha
Bir emir ve çay
Bir emir, be, bey!
Ama etme bir alay

The shady men take off the brainwashing machine and Twang's face is still robotic, until he sings ''ama'' (''but''). At that time, his face shows some expression and he shakes his head as if he just came out of a trance.

Bir emir
Sana yaparım suç
Ama

Twang bravely looks at each of the men in the eye, singing treacherous lyrics.

Bulursa beni
Bir amca polis
Seni suçlarım
Çünkü değil bu bir iş

As a result of Twang's treachery, the shady men push him around and one of the men seem to say ''Çakmak ver'' (''give me the lighter''), while another man takes out a lighter and holds the flame above Twang's head, threatening him.

Ya!
"Çakmak ver!"
İşkence

Twang tries to get up, but the men push him back into the seat. The expression on his face is fear.

Bir ay
Oh
İşkence

The men put back the brainwashing machine on his head and Twang's face turns robotic again. During ''bana bak'' (''look at me''), the men are also seen singing that.

Bir emir
Bir emir ve birde bana bak
Bir emir
Tutamaz beni bir çit

The man with the chainsaw and the one with the baseball bat continue lunging at him, while Twang doesn't react, because he's brainwashed.

Bir emirde yok şaka
Ne dediğini sil
Patron çok ciddi, işte bunu bil
Bir emret
Yoksa gitti benim baş

Twang sings the following in brackets/parentheses, while the men sing ''İşkence'' (''Torture'').

(Baş gitti)
İşkence!
(Bak, bir tayt)
İşkence!

The man with the baseball bat starts breakdancing near the front of the stage when the loud synthesizer starts playing, and each of the men say ''Alay'' (''Ridicule'') and ''bir alay'' (''a ridicule''). During this, Twang's eyes start twitching and he starts shaking.

Alay
Bir alay
Bir alay
Bir alay
Bir alay
Bir alay
Bir alay
Bir alay
Bir alay

The men now say ''Hey belki' (''Hey maybe''), while Twang also starts clenching his fists.

Hey belki
Hey belki
Hey belki
Hey belki

Twang's face immediately shows expression; his face turns angry. The men continue ridiculing him.

Bir alay?
Bir alay?

Twang takes the brainwashing machine off of his head and quickly gets up. The breakdancing man also stops breakdancing and grabs his baseball bat.

Oh, yok
Buna dayanamam

He walks up to each of the men, including the one with the chainsaw and sings (practically yells) in their faces the following, waving his hands frantically. At ''İnanılmaz bir işkence'', he is about to be whacked by the man with the baseball bat, however Twang is pushed down into the chair, so he misses. Twang has the machine on his head, once again.

Tayt giymiş beynim
Bir sıkar ki, geçilmez
İnanılmaz bir işkence
Bir emrette lafı kes

The men sing the chorus with evil faces, and Twang takes off the machine to sing, however it's put back on as the men continue singing the chorus. This keeps happening until the end.

İşkence!
(Yok benden başka laf)
İşkence!
(Beyin giymiş tayt)
Beynim giymiş tayt
Beynim giymiş tayt

İşkence!
(Bak, beynim giymiş tayt)
İşkence!
(Korkunç yer)

Twang removes the machine and says the following before having it placed on his head again.

Ve alay

İşkence!
(Bak, burdayım bir ay)
(Bak, burdayım bir ay)

The men spiral Twang slowly, pounding their baseball bats and fists into their hand. Twang tries to escape, but he fails. They are about to hit him when the lights go out and the song ends.

Oh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhh!

A command
Command and quit the talk
A command
Is a great pleasure for me

One more command
A command and tea
A command, man, mister!
But don't ridicule me

A command
I'll commit crimes for you
But

If an uncle police finds me
I'll blame you
Because this isn't a job

Ya!
''Give me the lighter!''
Torture

One month
Oh
Torture

A command
A command and look at me
A command
A fence can't hold me

There's no joke in a command
Erase what you said
Boss is serious, you should know that
Command
Or else my head is gone

(Head's gone)
Torture!
(Look, tights)
Torture!

Ridicule
A ridicule
A ridicule
A ridicule
A ridicule
A ridicule
A ridicule
A ridicule

Hey maybe
Hey maybe
Hey maybe
Hey maybe

A ridicule?
A ridicule?

Oh, no
I can't take this

My brain's wearing tights
It squeezes so much, it's impassable
An unbelievable torture
Give a command and quit the talk

Torture!
(No other talk from me)
Torture!
(Brain's wearing tights)

Torture!
(Look, my brain's wearing tights)
Torture!
(Scary place)

And ridicule

Torture!
(Look, I'm here for a month)
(Look, I'm here for a month)
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:32 am

6. Praciba
Zweettii Bhoi - I want to make you drown

Based on: Ben Cramer - De Clown (No official video, sorry)

Zweettii Bhoi, the same as Sweety Boy but with far more edgy edginess, is a Menstra-based self-proclaimed Super Mega Music Hit Wonder and a fact-based medical wonder, having survived more than one-hundred-and-fifty surgeries and other procedures, more than 600 injections of Botox, a daily hot coffee enema for ten years and going and a weekly anal bleach for as long as the technology has been on the market. While doctors marvel at the endurance of his body, which has survived more trauma than most bodies are capable of, his fans marvel at this performances, which are as edgy as his name and personality. As one of the few that would work for the available hiring budget, Zweettii Bhoi has been selected to perform as Praciba's representative to the WHF with his own song, I want to make you drown. I want to make you drown is a slow, sad song about a porn star and gigolo that specialized in receiving certain body fluids that ends up taking his life during a movie shoot. Already topping the charts in Praciba and, presumably, also in Ekoz, the song has already been chosen as one of the most emotional songs of this year and perhaps even of this decade.

As it becomes Praciba's time to perform, all lights are dimmed. Due to these dimmed lights, no one was able to make up what was happening on the stage except for the technicians and mechanics that were sent, among others, with the performers. Wearing night-vision goggles, they placed the required props for the performance and carried the performers to their places. While the performer was more than capable of moving himself, it was deemed safer for him to get carried to their place, as something would probably be knocked over or the artist could get seriously hurt in the dark. What many people didn't know was that these technicians and mechanics were often chosen from the best strongmen of Praciba, with popular strongmen such as Barþy 'Man Crusher' Kóngresson and þieðerick 'Femboy' Choulß often receiving a quick course on how to install the specialized Pracib equipment, seeing as regular technicians and mechanics lacked the power and raw strength to lift the equipment and the artists.

When the lights are turned back on, Zweettii Bhoi can be seen standing with a purple wig on, high heels and a fishnet dress that revealed everything. Luckily for the audience, Zweettii Bhoi had managed to keep in mind to wear underwear, a small purple thong of around the same color as his wig showing through the fishnet dress. Surrounding him were four clowns, two with a sad face painted and two with a happy face, each carrying a large hand fan. As the music and song starts, the clowns start to do a dance with their fans as Zweettii Bhoi stands wide-legged on stage, not moving but simply conveying the deep and serious message that this song brings.

I want to make you drown, in my white frothy froth
I want to make you drown, as if a pony rode
You twisted and turned, a camera on your bird
But under that bird was a world of hurt

As the first part of the song ends, the clowns 'frisbee' the hand fans into the audience and join up, one sad clown with one happy clown, to play pattycake. Once in a while, one of the clowns would slap the other, leading the sad ones to cry loudly while the happy ones would laugh, coming over as very maniacally in nature.

If only they had known you were more than a dump
They came on your frown and stumped you down
Nobody knew the bird with the hurt, the sad flirt
As in the end, you picked pills over what's planned

A small apartment downtown was all that's pretty
I want to make you drown was all that's said
Cash in your claw and - whop - let's go in for sin

Now finally comes the time when Zweettii Bhoi moves, throwing the purple wig off stage to reveal a red-colored bob cut wig to be underneath. The clowns speed up their pattycake which in turn speeds up the amount of crying and maniacal laughter.

Nobody really knew the bird that's hurt, the sad flirt

And then on a eve, just as the deed was done
You frothed and they cheered, no bells ringed
I want to make you drown, in my white frothy froth

A large hose comes down from the ceiling, albeit it does not do anything yet. The pattycake speeds up again, now constantly providing either crying or laughing behind the song.

The hose squirts out white foam, covering the audience in it. Those that look properly can see small pills, later identified as high-strength sedatives within the foam. The clowns stop playing pattycake, as anything even faster would've ensured permanent damage, and start tearing Zweettii Bhoi's wig apart, throwing it away piece by piece. Revealed is Zweettii Bhoi's own hair, thin black hair at shoulder length.

The clowns dive away, predicting the pyrotechnics that are soon lighting up the area around Zweettii Bhoi. While he himself isn't hit by them, his hair is and as the lights go out, his hair provides a light for the audience until even that dies out through the use of the hose and it's white foam, providing a metaphorical dousing of his life's flame, like what happened to the person in the song.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:33 am

7. IZMEDU
Kosjenka Alujevic - Time

Kosjenka Alujevic was a pop star whose career followed the typical singer's trajectory. A breakout single followed by a successful, multi-platinum debut album. For at least a few months, she was Izmeduan pop's reigning 'pop princess,' at the height of her fame and seeming almost invincible. As follow-up albums and singles were released, Kosjenka saw diminising returns and sales. A string of top 10s were turned to singles that had a difficult time ascending the chart. It was a slow, but agonizing descent to obscurity, and Kosjenka was aware as soon as she had completed the promotion of her second album, seeing a single or two fall apart and not chart at all, despite her management's best efforts. The slow descent out of fame was even more readily apparent at the end of the third album, where only two singles made any impression onto the chart and with the album failing to attain any sales certifications. The infamous fickleness of the Izmeduan music industry reared its head once again, and Kosjenka was the one that took the fall.

Kosjenka herself hasn't made much of a concerted effort to try and arrest the decline. She knew how the music industry could be cruel, how difficult it was to be able to create a long-standing career. With the way things were, Kosjenka could've released a brilliant song, have it become her new calling card, and ignite a 'renaissance' era for her, but it would only be delaying the inevitable. Thusly, Kosjenka decided to try and partake in songwriting, a rarity as most of her songs were selected for her by others to sing. The songwriting part of her artistry had been deliberately kept hidden throughout her career, and though she had some songwriting credits on her albums, most, if not all of her most recognizable songs were written by proven 'hit writers.'

After a bit of soul searching, Kosjenka decided to base her songwriting effort on a broken relationship. A tried-and-tested, and safe theme, it certainly wasn't groundbreaking, but Kosjenka had one too many experiences with heartbreak, those from her teenage years as well as her professional singing career. The specific instance she decided to base the song off of was where, after fighting with her lover about communication, their careers, and how the relationship would be kept alive with Kosjenka having to constantly tour and promote her material. Kosjenka, depsite her best intentions, was horrible at communication and juggling personal and romantic relationships. Ultimately, the romance ended in tatters, with Kosjenka having to face unanswered calls, silence from the one she loved, and a realization that she had let her professional life consume her entire existence.

She initially did not plan for the song to be released in any form, intending it to be kept in her personal music archive after she recorded the demo. Kosjenka had shown the lyrics to a few close friends, as well as her management team. To her surprise and perhaps horror, the product she had written was not received well at all. She acutely remembered her manager's reaction, 'you're saying a lot of things that people that went through this would disagree with, you're going to make people emotional for all the wrong reasons.' Kosjenka realized then that the original version she had written contained a relationship dynamic that had very uncomfortable implications, and that she had written the song from a much more vulnerable perspective than intended. Kosjenka had re-written the entire song, and with grudging approval from her team, recorded a demo.

The demo's finish and the opening of World Hit Festival 21 submissions was a happy coincidence for Kosjenka. Despite disapproval from her team, Kosjenka managed to persuade her management to allow the song to be sent. To Kosjenka's shock, she was picked, with the RTI's head of delegation for WHF personally giving her the offer via e-mail, which she accepted. The higher profile status of Kosjenka compared to previous WHF entrants meant that the selection generated a lot more publicity than RTI expected. Ultimately, the decision to send a more pop-oriented artist was received negatively by WHF fans and music critics, calling Kosjenka 'a washed up desperate has-been,' and the song 'a pale, immature imitation of past WHF entries that handled the same theme.' That was only just the criticism from music critics. Many had branded her selection as a mistake, and thought RTI were joking. This caused Kosjenka to almost withdraw from the contest. What stopped her from doing so was the channel and the WHF team, with the head of delegation warning her that withdrawing would cause the nation itself to withdraw due to her selection being announced just months before the contest. There would not be enough time to source a new entry. Kosjenka tried to reason that the amount of criticism she was receiving would mean that a non-participation and one edition break would be better than her participating, but alas, RTI was not convinced.

Her nation and her management turned their backs on her, and RTI was the only one to have actively supported Kosjenka in her journey to the WHF stage. She had faith in her song, and it was clear to her that the channel did so as well. Kosjenka dedicated all of her energies to rehearsing the entry and her performance, knowing that focusing on what was going on back home would be a useless endeavor. Now, it was time for her to perform. If there was one audience that she needed to impress now, it was the multiverse at large. She walked off to the stage, with a hope that she could hold her head high at the contest's end...

The stage was darkened as Kosjenka was standing center-stage with her head sideways wearing this white blouse as well as black performance pants. The song's instrumental commenced, a small spotlight on Kosjenka appeared that made only a shadow of her face and body visible, and she had taken a step forward as the instrumental became louder, and the camera cut to a close-up, a folorn expression on her face. An image of a skyline in sunset being viewed through a window also appeared on the stage's main screen. Kosjenka put the microphone to her mouth and began to sing...

Alone again
The breakdown of our love still lingers
Encasing my heart in sorrow
Who is to blame?
I was just a phantom in your life
Leaving you in the darkness

Kosjenka looked directly at the camera for a few lines as she sang the first verse, though remained looking at the sides. She stepped forward a with an arm out as the camera zoomed out in an attempt to follow it, with her looking down at the fourth line and holding her arm. The background showed a slow passage of time, with the orange rays of sunset turning into the dark hues of night, though the buildings remained desolate and dark. At the latter part of the verse, a female figure dressed in this performance outfit appeared at the stage's back with a faint spotlight, her face draped in shadow with Kosjenka singing the latter two lines to that figure.

Now here I stand, wasting away
Slowly forgotten
If this is how it's meant to be, I can't fight it

The camera kept a close focus on her during the hook, with her singing out to that figure. The female dancer made slow, piercing movements each time Kosjenka emphasized a syllable, both towards and against the singer. Kosjenka tried to reach after the dancer, but was perpetually ignored. A look of defeated anguish and sadness was evident as she sang the last line. The dancer could be seen approaching Kosjenka, stopping before she get too close.

Can I even salvage our hopeless love?
I can't, our hearts grow silent
Your presence becomes cold
I would move mountains and sacrifice my soul for your love
I know it's not enough and I'm scared that

The two columns opposite each other that flanked the screen, which slithered down to surround the stage's darker central platform, suddenly glowed white. The dancer approached Kosjenka and began to dance a complex routine that Kosjenka didn't try to replicate. At the chorus' fourth line, the dancer approached Kosjenka as the routine became simpler, with Kosjenka beginning to slowly move with the dancer until she would distance herself away from the singer at the fifth line, going near the stage's screen. A distraught expression was evident on Kosjenka in reaction.

I'm slowly running out of time, losing hope, I failed you...

At these last two lines, the dancer began another dance routine that would involve her gracefully circling the stage in a ballerina-like fashion as the instrumentation introduced a rhythm that was similar to a clock's ticking. An aerial shot revealed that a virtual clock was on the stage with roman numerals at their proper places. Kosjenka would be at center-stage, acting as the clock's pivot. An hour hand was moving clockwise with the dancer's encircling dance seeming to move the hand forward. As the clock struck 12, the camera cut to a shot of the shadowed dancer standing still in the background, with Kosjenka's anguished face in the foreground.

Countless days, since you left
I've tried in vain to reconnect to you
To no avail, only silence
Lonely days, longer nights
As they pass, what little hope I had dies
The pain and guilt never ends

The camera re-angled itself to a more distant view as Kosjenka sang the second verse, with the clock on the floor disappearing. She sat down on the stage at the verse's third line, a contemplative but sad look on her as she did so. Behind her, the image of an empty apartment was on the screen, with the shadows quickly moving simulating a 'time lapse.' At the end of the verse, that image disappeared as Kosjenka got up, with the same dancer from earlier beginning to approach her.

Now here I stand, wasting away
Slowly forgotten
If this is how it's meant to be, I can't fight it

The dancer began to approach Kosjenka during the hook, who in turn began to move towards the shadowed figure. As Kosjenka reached out, the dancer simply circled around the singer, seeming unable to be caught or to be reasoned with. At the end, Kosjenka can be seen visibly giving up, with the dancer approaching Kosjenka without any prompting.

Kosjenka began a routine with the shadowed dancer, beginning a slight ballerina-like routine with the dancer doing much more complex and strenous moves, while Kosjenka acted as a shadow by performing simpler versions of the routine in order not to compromise her vocals. The camera maintained a close view, catching an instance of the linking arms with Kosjenka. However, by the end of the chorus, the dancer spun away from Kosjenka once the singer 'made' a mistake.

The clock appeared on the stage's floor again, with the dancer repeating the same routine from earlier by 'advancing' the clock by gracefully circling around the stage. Kosjenka, unlike the earlier reprise, decided to try and do the reverse of the dancer's routine, acting like a mirror, but the clock kept going in favor of the dancer. Kosjenka sat down on the floor as the chorus finished, and the clock struck 12 once more...

All these tears I cry, all just in vain
I know I've caused your anger
Your hatred and your scorn
I want your forgiveness
But in this reality
I'm unforgivable, nothing can be healed

The camera maintained its focus on her as she sang directly to the dancer, a pleading tone to her voice as she reached with one hand out. During the bridge, the dancer maintained her spot at the back of the stage, only staring unemotionally at Kosjenka despite her emotional pleas. She began to get more desperate, standing up as the bridge approached the close. She clasped a hand to her chest as she sang the last few lines, belting out 'nothing can be healed' as she turned away from the dancer.

There was no time to rest as the song got to its last reprise of the chorus. With Kosjenka standing up, but not moving as the dancer began to prance around her, as if mocking Kosjenka. Kosjenka's emotions were at their peak, and her vocals suggested she could break down at any moment. She tried to keep track of where the shadowed dancer was, but was unable to due to her fast speed. At the last line, Kosjenka forlornly gazed at the camera.

The dancer remained stationary at the stage's backside for these four lines, with Kosjenka singing them to her directly. There was considerable distance between them, as the camera switched to a view behind Kosjenka's head, where her hand could be visibly seen reaching out to the dancer. At the second-to-last line, the dancer's faint spotlight disappeared, and the camera showed a view of Kosjenka singing this line to the direction of an empty space. She realized this as she uttered the last note, with her turning to the audience as the song's instrumentation entered its last few seconds.

Her head was down, her hair covering her face, and Kosjenka was holding one arm as the song finished, the spotlight on her disappeared at the song's finish...

The crowd cheered instantly as the stage lights returned back to normal, with Kosjenka looking in shock at the reaction.

“Thank you so much Picard...” Kosjenka said breathlessly, going backstage after she said her thanks as to not delay the set-up for the next nation.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:35 am

8. THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SCHILTZBERG

THE CHOCOLATE COVER BAND -- KRIS BRYANT

The Band: The Chocolate Cover Band is a popular band of Schiltzbergers that does cover songs with the same catchy tune, but with ironically different lyrics. The group got together originally in high school, and released its first album in 2008, two years after they graduated high school.

Lead singer: Michael Rubelly
Guitar: Sam Bottomcheck
Bass: Whitey Showcase
Drums: Albert Morfren

The lights turn down and this video plays on the screen. The crowd is silent in anticipation.

The music starts. The tune is Gloria by U2.

Lead singer Michael Rubelly runs up onto the stage and starts pumping up the crowd. Loud cheers are heard. Mike steps up to the mic and shouts:
Two, three, four!

[guitar solo]

Michael jumps up and down and waves his arms upward, signaling the crowd to get on its feet.
Rizzo and Castro, oh I...
I tried to like them,
But oh, it's all the same.
I tried to like Schwarber,
But only in you I am complete.

Michael calms down with the music and approaches the mic. With a passionate look on his face, he breathes into the mic:
Kris Bryant,
You're my everything.
Kris Bryant,
The one on third base!
KB,
Just you and me...

Michael slowly starts to get more enthusiastic, jumping up and down again.
How I want...
How I want...
To see your face!

[guitar solo]

During the guitar solo, Michael briefly walks offstage and comes back with a baseball bat and a tennis ball. He throws the ball up in the air and swings and misses. He throws it up and swings again, this time connecting, and the ball sails into the crowd, and a lucky fan gets a slight concussion. Guitarist Sam Bottomcheck looks on unimpressed.

Michael pulls the microphone off the stand and continues singing:
Rizzo and Castro, oh I...
I tried to like them,
But oh, it's all the same.
I tried to like Schwarber,
But none of it remained.

Now on his knees, he continues:
Kris Bryant,
Be my BFF.
Kris Bryant,
Get a hit!

Michael grabs a box of chocolate candies and takes a lap around the stage, throwing them into the crowd.
Kris Bryant,
Number Seventeen,
Please sign my ball,
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Don't be mean!

Michael approaches a cameraman, and reaches out as if to touch the camera, and whispers softly:
Please...
Please don't be mean.

Then his expression changes to a more desperate look, and his voice gets increasingly louder as he continues:
Don't be mean!
Please don't be mean!
Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!

[guitar solo]

A soundless version of this clip is played in the background on some of the screens, showing the Cubs' Win flag flying over the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field.

During the solo, Michael changes his shirt, taking it off and putting on a Cubs jersey that someone in the crowd handed him during the performance. He puts the microphone on its stand and leans into it singing:
Kris Bryant,
You're my everything.
Kris Bryant,
Kris Bryant!
Kris Bryant,
Number seventeen.
Kris Bryant,
Kris Bryant.

The band slows as if it is the end of the song, but then picks up again for the last chorus:
Kris Bryant,
You're my everything.
Kris Bryant,
Kris Bryant!
Kris Bryant,
The one on third base.
Kris Bryant,
Kris Bryant.

In the final words of the song, Michael walks over to one of the security guards on the stage, who removes his sunglasses to reveal that he is Kris Bryant in disguise. He rips off his security guard jacket revealing that he is in full Cubs attire. The crowd is shocked for a minute, but then erupts in a mixture of cheering and laughter. Some fans try to storm the stage, forcing the real security guards to do their jobs and forcing Kris and the band to quickly exit the playing area, and security quickly escorts them off of the stage.

Shortly after the band and Kris are escorted out, the fans break through the security guards and trash the stage. A brief intermission is held to clean up the mess.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:37 am

9 - Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
Bebji - Forget It All
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h4Gl6vqqLsg

Bebji is a big star in Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles, where he regularly tops the charts, and he is also well known in Normandy and Picardy. His career started when he young, with him winning Normand contest "Taljenta" ("Talent") before releasing his first album aged only 16. Even though his style has changed throughout the years, he has remained popular in both nations. Due to the close links between Normandy and Picardy and Monaeroglisseurest, BNRT were willing to help fund, along with the Aeroglissan broadcaster AeroTV, the Aeroglissan WorldVision entry. Bebji had been a large part of these negotiations, and actually helped fund the entry himself. He was therefore selected to be the entry, and it was decided that he and his band would be sent to Caen to represent the small nation of 754,000 people for the first time. He soon set about preparing the entry, and know it shall be performed to the multiverse...

As the song begins, we can only see Bebji, sitting on a stool with his guitar. The background shows a cloudy sky, but as the verse is sung it begins to open up, allowing sunlight through. The cameras are focused on Bebji but the background is also shown, and the people at home see nearly all the stage but the background in black and white, although by the end of the chorus Bebji is also shown in full colour.

Things may seem dark now
But there's always light behind
The clouds that hang overhead
There's always a blue sky
Even if it's hidden now
You will find it soon

As the chorus begins, Bebji steps up of his stool and kicks it to one side, and now his band can also be seen. The background now shows a blue sky with little bits of white cloud. Bebji and his band play the chorus, and the cameras pan around the stage, but not much else happens.

Lose yourself in such sweet bliss
Forget all that's come before
Don't let all that darkness keep you down
Forget it all

The cameras focus on Bebji again as he plays and sings the verse, strumming away on his little guitar.

There's a smile in every frown
You've just got to keep going
On and on, come what may
You may feel alone
But there's always someone there
Don't forget, they're always there

The lights brighten slightly, but not much in this chorus is different from the past. This is in keeping with Bebji's "simplistic" style.

Forget it all

During this section, the lights begin to develop a reddish shade and the background changes to show a starry sky.

Forget it all
Forget all your problems
Forget everything

The TV image is saturated red and the lights in the stadium are also red, and one of the band members plays the electric guitar solo, the cameras focused on him. Then, before the final chorus the lighting and the TV image return to normal. The cameras now show Bebji and his band, and do some more panning around.

Forget it all

As the song ends, Bebji shouts "Merci, Gràcies, Thank You" as he and his band leave the stage.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:38 am

Kalosia
Om Ǧiuna (Young Man) - OLSUN
performed to the tune of Romanca by Kraljevi Ulice ft 75 Cent
Kalosian pronunciation guide

OLSUN was a Kalosian folk band. They had won Festival di Melodi Kalosiana 15, the national final for the 21st World Hit Festival in Normandy & Picardy. They are the first all-male act to represent the nation since the 14th World Hit Festival in Ovanshire, Vampirum.
The song is unique to most entries, as the lyrics take the form of storytelling. It could be said that the song is sung from the point of view of an authority figure or peer giving advice. Although the main theme is still discusses interpersonal relationships/romance, it is not sung from a first-person view as many songs are.

The band is dressed in a way that could be considered fancy, vintage, or even conservative, evoking the feel of a 1920s musical group. The band's oldest member, dressed in white, sits on a stool at the edge of the stage, holding a book. As the song begins, he appears to read from the book as a spotlight is shone only on him.
Šu, u un timpo, un om ǧiuna
Il ceršët un raža, alorëm allat
Lohan di sen kasa, ovli tuta

As the music kicks in, the rest of the band is illuminated and the old man is taken out of the spotlight. This consists of a lead singer, and the rest of the band playing instruments. In this next part, only the lead singer sings.
Sen osezio se trova lë raža perfet
Il n’aresten finkë trova sëtë raža
Ovli kë lë vitë në se solo romanza
Në spetën per ila venurë u sen vitë

Sen osezio konsomët tuta sen penšër
Në puve somë finkë il enkontrë ila
Në puve vivë finkë il trova lë raža

The rest of the band, except for the old man, provides backing vocals.
Kiz tu fari ur, om ǧiuna?
Ten amiki cersim per te
U ten famil brigar su te
Ila domandam ov avi šut

E perkiz tu fari tuta sëtë?
Šu un raža, ila spetë per te
U lë sita këlo avi lašat
Këlo tu apeli ten kasa

The spotlight is thrown onto the old man once again, continuing to "read" from the book.
E il vagarën tuta lë monda
Finkë sen cerša fini ufini
Ma il ǧame rialiserën
Lë raža perfet- spetë u kasa

He barely finishes as the next verse comes on.
Sëǧor ënkor il ceršë lë raža perfet
N’i fortuna, pirže il n’i trova ila
Në puve vivë finkë il trova lë raža

Again, the rest of the band provides backing vocals in the chorus.
Kiz tu fari ur, om ǧiuna?
Ten amiki cersim per te
U ten famil brigar su te
Ila domandam ov avi šut

E perkiz tu fari tuta sëtë?
Šu un raža, ila spetë per te
U lë sita këlo avi lašat
Këlo tu apeli ten kasa

Smart camera angles made sure that the audience at home did not know the old man changed positions. He was now a bit in front of the stage, just at the beginning of the catwalk. As the rest of the band sang "lai-lai-lai", the old man repeated his previous line.
E il vagarën
Tuta lë monda
Finkë sen cerša
Fini ufini

Towards the end of the song, the rest of the band walked towards the old man. By the time the song ended, they were all posing togethr in front of the stage. The crowd cheered. The old man could only smile while OLSUN's lead singer said "Thank you Normandy & Picardy!" And then the stage was cleared for the next entry.

Once upon a time, there was a young man
He was looking for a girl, so he went
Far from home, forgetting everything

His obsession is to find the perfect girl
He won’t stop until he finds this girl
He forgets that life isn’t just romance
He won’t wait for her to come to his life

His obsession consumes all his thoughts
He cannot sleep until he finds her
He can’t live until he finds the girl

What are you doing now, young man?
Your friends are looking for you
And your family worries about you
They ask where you’ve been

And why do you do all this?
There’s a girl waiting for you
In the town that you have left
The town that you call home

And he’ll wander the whole world
Until his search finally ends
But he’ll never realize
The perfect girl awaits at home

Today he still looks for the perfect girl
He’s not lucky, he hasn’t found
He can’t live until he finds the girl

What are you doing now, young man?
Your friends are looking for you
And your family worries about you
They ask where you’ve been

And why do you do all this?
There’s a girl waiting for you
In the town that you have left
The town that you call home

And he’ll wander
The whole world
Until his search
Finally ends

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:39 am

11. The Sword Bloke
Shop Owner, Maxky & Marcus Melton
"Excalibur"
Tune: "How Deep is Your Love" by Calvin Harris & Disciples

Bold: Shop Owner
Non-Bold: Maxky Melton

Before the song begins, the camera shoots over to a large block of Swordean fans, cheering on the last song of the night. Shop Owner is pictured standing on the back of a backing dancer, with Maxky Melton under the legs of another, while Marcus Melton is at his DJ Station. TSBtv & Shop Owner believed this was the song that would give the Swordeans a maiden WorldHitFest victory. Only time will tell if they win in Picard. The background of the song is a black sky with a few shining stars. The song begins, as Marcus starts bopping along to the music he is making.

Are you gonna believe me
When I say I will

Are you gonna drop to the floor in awe
Or aren't you doing, enough

The backing dancers go around dancing across the set as the chorus begins.

Well I'm Excalibur
You think you're wiser
When I reap the rewards, oh yeah
Well I'm Excalibur

Driving up the highway
With no other mind's way, oh yea
I'm Excalibur
I'm Excalibur

I'm Excalibur
Where Will your life go
If you make your mind blow,
Ooh Damn!
Coz I'm Excalibur!

Coz I'm Excalibur

The backing dancers start doing backflips from a ground start. The song continues.

Your life must be a hellhole
You really do not care

You committed life sins
I wish we could whack you

The 2 singers start singing together, as Marcus gets out of his station for a quick dance during the chorus.

Well I'm Excalibur
You think you're wiser
When I reap the rewards, oh yeah
Well I'm Excalibur
Driving up the highway
With no other mind's way, oh yea
I'm Excalibur
I'm Excalibur
I'm Excalibur
Where Will your life go
If you make your mind blow,
Ooh Damn!
Coz I'm Excalibur!

Coz I'm Excalibur

Shop Owner climbs up the scaffolding breaking off bits for himself, Maxky, Marcus, the 2 backing dancers & Vice Owner Jason Harley back home. Marcus then hides behind his station, singing the next verse.

So you think you avoid me and I do not care
So you want me to lose my life just coz you don't care
(Well I'm Excalibur)
(Well I'm Excalibur)
(You must be crazy, oh yea)
So tell me I'm Excalibur
Coz I'm Excalibur!!!

The Picard stage turns into a Swordean frenzy with Swordean fans everywhere. According to betting odds, the trio are now hot favourites to win ;) Song continues.

Coz I'm Excalibur
Coz I'm Excalibur!

Marcus continues hiding and singing,

So you want me to lose my just coz you don't care
(Well I'm Excalibur)

Marcus jumps back up onto his station and puts up the peace sign, to signal the end of the song.
The Swordeans get a standing ovation from the Picard crowd, with the Swordeans now hot favourites to win. Shop Owner now returns to his commentary box with One-Hit Jimson from WorldVision 39, ready to commentate the voting, in which the Swordeans are expected to win.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Vote 1/11
Lucia Edin, Kalosian singer and WV42 entrant

Good evening everyone! Here are the results of the Kalosian vote:

05 Gim
04 Todlichebujoku
03 Normandy & Picardy
02 Izmedu
01 Anollasia

Still, I'd like to wish good luck to all the participants! And remember, this won't be the last time I'll appear on a live broadcast from Normandy and Picardy. Good evening, and see you all at the 42nd WorldVision Song Contest in Caen!

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Vote 2/11
Murat İbrahimoğlu, writer and social scientist

'Merhello! Good evening, everyone! I'm Murat İbrahimoğlu, and I have been chosen to present this edition's Anollasian votes. Now, without further ado, here they are.

5 Monaeroglisseuerest Pleindangulles
4 Kalosia
3 Schlitzberg
2 Normandy and Picardy
1 Izmedu

Congratulations, everyone! Now, it's time for me to say goodbye, so hoşçabye!

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:42 pm

Vote 3/11
Lijon Horderskøl, previous Ekozian WHF entrant.

Godtnåd Kjen! Ekoese ringa. Har är de resultaten av de Ekoesesvotå.

5 Praciba
4 Izmedu
3 Normandy and Picardy
2 Gim
1 Todlichebujoku

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Vote 4/11
Cesma Trbojevic, Izmeduan actress, singer, and model

Dobro večer Picard, thank you so much for the fabulous show and well done with the hosting! All the songs have been wonderful tonight! Now, here are the votes from Izmedu.

5 points Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
4 points Todlichebujoku
3 points Normandy and Picardy
2 points Ekoz
1 point Kalosia

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:40 pm

Vote 5/11
Albert J. Recland

5 points Anollasia
4 points Gim
3 points Normandy and Picardy
2 points Praciba
1 point Izmedu
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Vote 6/11
Reiner Wakahisa

Hello Picard, it's SterGo calling! Thanks for the amazing night, the second time in the wonderful nation of Normandy and Picardy! Here are the Tödlichebujoki votes:

5 points Izmedu
4 points Anollasia
3 points Kalosia
2 points Gim
1 point Ekoz

Thank You!

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Vote 7/11
Bennifius D'Light, Praciba's JWHF2 Contestant

Speech: Praß to Picard and the world! I am most pleased to present Praciba's vote, even if I cannot D'Light you as much as my Brikð, Titané, did! Ah, yet another corny pun! Here are the votes...

5 points Ekoz
4 points Normandy and Picardy
3 points Todlichebujoku
2 points Izmedu
1 point Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:02 pm

Vote 8/11
Marie LaPenna

Speech: Bonsoir Picard, Bonjour le monde! Je suis Marié, et je suis ici pour vous présenter les votes du Monaeroglisseuerest Pleindanguilles. C'est ce que dont vous voulez savoir, alors ils sont ici...

5 points Ekoz
4 points Todlichebujoku
3 points The Sword Bloke
2 points Kalosia
1 point Normandy and Picardy

Merci beaucoup!

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Vote 9/11
Julia Estiendre, Normand Singer, Campaigner and WorldVision 38 Entrant

Salé, Eine'ga Julia et eine'ga ikma en Caen. Qui ota diskotatiana bonja nesa. Main, einé era tém pau ar Norgwéana Votagenar...

5 points Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
4 points Kalosia
3 points Schiltzenberg
2 points Izmedu
1 point Todlichebujoku

Marci Esa!
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:03 pm

Vote 10/11
Sword Bloke, leader of The Sword Bloke and performer

Hello, Shop Owner here in the green room with the Swordean votes.

5 points Anollasia
4 points Schlitzberg
3 points Monaeroglisseuerest
2 points Normandy and Picardy
1 point Kalosia

Good night, from the green room!

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Vote 11/11
http://archivenew.vop.co.kr/images/65b25adf4f62d1345837844e7239c144/2010-08/marked/24054017_jeon.jpg
Jeon Hyeon Moo, Comedian

5 points Todlichebujoku
4 points Ekoz
3 points Praciba
2 points Kalosia
1 point Normandy and Picardy

Thank You!
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

FINAL RESULT

01 (22)  Todlichebujoku
02 (22) Normandy and Picardy
03 (21) Monaeroglisseurest Pleindanguilles
04 (18) Ekoz
05 (17) Anollasia
06 (17) Izmedu
07 (17) Kalosia
08 (13) Gim
09 (10) Praciba
10 (10) Schiltzberg
11 (3) The Sword Bloke

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:04 pm

WINNER'S REPRISE

1st - 22 pts
Todlichebujoku
Far Away - Anja Krebs and SKLO
Tune: Ани Лорак - Без Тебя and Two Steps From Hell - Cannon in D Minor

The stage briefly glimmers with blue accents. Anja stands alone in the spotlight, in a shimmering dark shawl
I grasp the roots of my homeland
So warm, so tender, like a bosom
You pull me toward the distant horizon, inch by inch you pull, across the seas

She takes the microphone from the stand and steps forward. The silhouettes of couples dancing are seen behind her
You tell me tales of love and glory
Regale me thus, as I let go
The land cries out in pain as I release myself, my last finger frees, itself

The stadium lights strobe and then stay on, and Anja stares forward into the audience, backed by the members of SKLO dancing
The only home I knew

She slips the shawl off, revealing a flowing white dress
Fly so far away

Fly so far away
Fly so far away

She closes her eyes, as if meditating. Small points of light are visible behind her
Fly so far away
Oh so far away

[stop at 1:30 on music video]

As the instrumental begins, a fusillade of fireworks erupts from the stage, while Anja puts the microphone back into the stand and is hooked up onto a small harness and cable.

The screens of the stage combine to create an atmosphere of radiance, with white and golden rays emanating from the center. The lights of the stadium, also white and gold, rise and gently make a rotating motion over the audience. Wind machines create a noticeable breeze throughout the space. Anja "flies" over the audience, where her white dress bursts into magnificent flames and billows in the breeze.

Dancers whirl down the aisles and shoot fireworks from launchers strapped to their backs, as the members of SKLO dance within the confines of a flaming circle on stage.
Six dancers, suspended from the ceiling, perform aerial cartwheels on either side of Anja with wildly sparking pyros attached to metal plates on their backs.

Still airborne, Anja unfolds a large gliding apparatus from within her dress. She detaches her harness from the cable and swoops down to the stage, her dress still flaming. The dancers on the ground circle her and fire more fireworks into the air, as the airborne cartwheeling ones are suspended above the stage

An arc of fireballs billows out from the stage as the instrumental ends and Anja quickly changes into an iridescent dress, which sparkles in the blue and green lights that fade in. She is also lit from below by a watery, sky blue light

[start at 2:46 on video]
The only home I knew

The lights of the stadium intensify, with brilliant beams of white and gold intermingling with the blue and green. SKLO dances around Anja, waving blue and white ribbons that ripple through the air
Fly so far away
Fly so far away
Fly so far away

A veritable blizzard of white petals descends upon the audience and stage, as the two couples making up SKLO dance down the aisles and back to the stage
I can see so far now beyond the light
My heart can't restrain this divine delight
Oh so far away

Yellow, orange, and red autumn leaves join the white petals in falling from the ceiling
Forget all the pain that we've denied
Bring me closer to somber Fate as I
Fly so far away
Fly so far away
Fly so far away

The petals and leaves stop falling, and the stadium and stage dim to the faint white and gold glow of the accents. Anja is only softly lit
Fly so far away

The spotlight dims

SKLO and Anja walk to the front of the stage and bow, then shout, "Kittos Picard! Thank you!" once last time and the camera image fades and the show ends.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates