NATION

PASSWORD

Metal Thread 2: In Metal There Is No Law

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:59 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
New Rob Halfordia wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Kar and Kia ruined this thread?

I tried reporting it to the mods but Fris won't drag the last 200 pages of shit

For the record I'm getting tired of it.
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Varg Vikernes can fuck off.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Kiaculta wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I tried reporting it to the mods but Fris won't drag the last 200 pages of shit

then go here and actually be part of the solution
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=356017
Anarchist
Kiaculta wrote:Oh, Kar, you silly sack of shit.
Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Bickering ist krieg.
Infected Mushroom wrote:isn't this a bit extreme?
Finland SSR wrote:"Many dictatorships are oligarchies.
Many democracies are oligarchies.
Therefore, many dictatorships are democracies."

-said no one ever. I made these words up.
Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"
"It seemed like fun at the time."

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:20 pm

I find myself listening to a lot of Thrash recently. Stuff like Evile, Havok, Nuclear Assault, Sodom, Overkill and whatnot.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:31 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:I find myself listening to a lot of Thrash recently. Stuff like Evile, Havok, Nuclear Assault, Sodom, Overkill and whatnot.

Evile ist gut ja?
Anarchist

Genivaria wrote:"WHY!? Why do this!? Thousands of planets and trillions of innocent lives gone! For what!?"

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:45 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:
New Rob Halfordia wrote:I find myself listening to a lot of Thrash recently. Stuff like Evile, Havok, Nuclear Assault, Sodom, Overkill and whatnot.

Evile ist gut ja?

ja
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:47 pm

What, no Vortex?
Unreachable.

Impaled Nazarene
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Impaled Nazarene » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:47 pm

So i figure i'd do a St. Anger Review
Initial rating: D-

So as seen above i went in with very low expectations and was very much expecting auditory suicide. After spending a day listening to the album i have come to hear that this album is actually less than decent but better than bad. St. Anger demonstrates James Hetfield's and to a much lesser extent Kirk Hammet's rhythm skills, and I will go as far to say that this album demonstrates some of Metallica's best guitar work. The bass in incredibly underrated and i think that people need to get off their Newstead and Burton higher than fucking god horses and appreciate how above average Bob Rock's bass playing is on this album (Granted James wrote everything). The worst part of this album is the drumming. Lars Ulrich should be arrested for his annoying setup nuff said. Now onto the second worst part of the album: The song length the shortest song is 5:14 holy fucking shit everything goes on for too long if the average song length was 4:30 maximum it would be tolerable but it goes on for so long it's annoying. James' vocals aren't completely terrible and have their good moments but overall they seem immature and annoying especially the pronunciation of vowels for fucks sake James you're not Canadian you're from the Bay Area. It's like he took the worst vocals from load and reload especially Memory Remains and decided this was a smart idea to dedicate an album to the horrible pronunciation of vowels. I can enjoy the vocals to an extent.

Pros: Guitars, some vocals, BASS, and no Kirk
Cons: Most vocals, Lars, and song length

Overall ranking: C-

Final thoughts: Time to listen to Lulu
Anarchist

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Impaled Nazarene wrote:Pros: MY LIFESTYLE DETERMINES MY DEATHSTYLE
Cons: FRANTIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TOCK

Noticed you forgot something.
Last edited by Nirvash Type TheEND on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unreachable.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Founded: Oct 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Kar and Kia ruined this thread?

No, I think so too.

Kiaculta wrote:
Impaled Nazarene wrote:I tried reporting it to the mods but Fris won't drag the last 200 pages of shit

As am I.
#FeelTheBern
Don't call them ISIS/ISIL/IS, call them Daesh. They hate that.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:But metal in general isn't really "school appropriate", with the extreme genres probably being the worst.

My RP character would probably be like "I don't give a fuck if it ain't school appropriate" *Blasts ear drums off with metal at school*

Because yeah, I made a metal head for an RP character once.

To nerd out on my RP character even more, I've even gone as far as to decide that her top album of 2015 (Of the ones I've heard) would probably be Cattle Decapitation's new album.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:50 pm

Corrian wrote:
Kar-Esseria wrote:But metal in general isn't really "school appropriate", with the extreme genres probably being the worst.

My RP character would probably be like "I don't give a fuck if it ain't school appropriate" *Blasts ear drums off with metal at school*

To nerd out on my RP character even more, I've even gone as far as to decide that her top album of 2015 (Of the ones I've heard) would probably be Cattle Decapitation's new album.

Wow, so much detail. Do you use this character for anything?
Lars Ulrich: Hello, Dave. Look at your band. Now back to mine. Now back at your band. Now back to mine. Sadly, your band isn't mine, but if they stopped playing pure thrash metal and switched to a tough guy version of Motley Crue, they could sell like they're Metallica! Look down, back up, where are you? You're on the high road, taking it higher like a super collider. That album was great. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a hard drive with all the private information of the users we banned from Napster. Look again, the hard drive is now Babymetal. Anything is possible when your band reeks of pop. I'm wearing a thong.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:53 pm

Kiaculta wrote:Wow, so much detail. Do you use this character for anything?

Currently nothing particularly active, but yeah.
My Last.FM and RYM

Szertica
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Szertica » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:53 pm

I miss back when this thread could go a whole day without seeing a single post, because no one had anything to say.

Now every afternoon I have to wade through twenty pages of retarded bullshit, ultimately to find nothing worth commenting on.
Bodobol wrote:fvking posevr hippie record shop i only bvy my albvms from satan himself in the middle of a darkened necroforest on the north pole

Political Spectrum: Right: 8.59, Libertarian: 9.18
Forum Lurking since 3/17/14.

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:54 pm

Corrian wrote:

Nothing wrong with that.

All my RP characters are usually generic badass military or ex-military dudes.

Yeah, I have a military fetish.

I never thought of making a metalhead RP character before, though.
#FeelTheBern

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Szertica wrote:

I miss back when this thread could go a whole day without seeing a single post, because no one had anything to say.

Now every afternoon I have to wade through twenty pages of retarded bullshit, ultimately to find nothing worth commenting on.

Well, you know, you can always start a conversation. One that isn't a threadjack.
#FeelTheBern

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Szertica wrote:I miss back when this thread could go a whole day without seeing a single post, because no one had anything to say.

We need a good medium :P

Kar-Esseria wrote:Nothing wrong with that.

I never like playing the same thing much, so over my gazillion RP's through my time of RPing, I have a bit of everything (Sorta). Though I never liked playing military people.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Kar-Esseria wrote:
Corrian wrote:My RP character would probably be like "I don't give a fuck if it ain't school appropriate" *Blasts ear drums off with metal at school*

Nothing wrong with that.

I wouldn't recommend it.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Okay, okay, KAR DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT LAST KIA POST.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:59 pm

NeuPolska wrote:Okay, okay, KAR DO NOT RESPOND TO THAT LAST KIA POST.

That was actually reasonable. Kar himself has stated he doesn't affiliate as a "metalhead".

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:59 pm

By the way, you guys should really just leave that report thread alone before the mods decide to just make all of us DOS :lol2:

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Kiaculta wrote:

That was actually reasonable. Kar himself has stated he doesn't affiliate as a "metalhead".

Yes but I could see how this could escalate into another BS argument so might as well just kill it before anything can happen, no?

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Kiaculta wrote:That was actually reasonable. Kar himself has stated he doesn't affiliate as a "metalhead".

Neither do I. Doesn't mean I can't make characters in that realm.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kiaculta
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiaculta » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:01 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:

Yes but I could see how this could escalate into another BS argument so might as well just kill it before anything can happen, no?

That's up to Kar. I'm not trying to antagonize him at all. We're done with that.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Kiaculta wrote:That's up to Kar. I'm not trying to antagonize him at all. We're done with that.

Okay, if you say so.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Kar-Esseria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kar-Esseria » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:03 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Kiaculta wrote:

I'm confident this isn't baiting and won't lead to a threadjack, and if it seems like it, I'll try to bail before it's too late.
#FeelTheBern

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction