NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC XI [closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Chedastan wrote:Okay I'm bored, so I'm going to try and explain the structure of my character's home universe for fun, and to maybe see if anyone has a name for it, because I have no clue.

Contritione Pervalida Mundos, was a term coined by General and Philosophy of Wilhelm I, General Alps Alto, to describe the "world" that the Wilhelm Imperium inhabited and knew of. The term originally came about when General Alps Alto was asked as to what he thought of all of the vastly diverse territory he had conquered in his whole career as General. To which he described each province as being in it's own little universe or world, that had been smashed into other universes and worlds like it, and now border them to create the patchwork like world they knew of, to make a "broken" yet whole world.

Further studies and found information after General Alps Alto would prove the concept to be true to a good degree. The so call patchwork "world" they live in, turned out to be the result a cataclysmic event known to the Wilhelm Imperium as the "Climax to the Multi Era," or simply the Climax. Once their world was actually their whole multiverse, where each province and territory had been it's own self-contained universe, or rather plane of existence. These planes varied massively in size and shape, and often evolved their own life and landscapes. From evidence found, it appeared that each plane had no knowledge of any others, and had no way of entering one another's, and simply floated around in the void. But due to some unknown occurrence, all the planes were drawn into each other, and the separation between them lifted. Planes smashed and fused into each other, some were completely obliterated in the chaos, it was technically a near apocalyptic event for the whole multiverse, now just one whole universe. But once the Climax of the former era stopped, things naturally started to adjust and reorganize themselves, and very quickly the inhabits started to come into contact with their new neighbors.

It's theorized that their world stretches to infinity, given that it their universe after all. The Wilhelm Imperium is just one of infinite domains and empires with infinite growth in any direction, and infinite places to conquer and subjugate.

If anyone's aware of Magic The Gathering's Shard of Alara Block, this is essentially that on a multiverse scale. Of course their multiverse, and not this one (unless that can't work out for some reason, let me know).

This bit won't work at all, Ched. It conflicts too much with established canon.

"The so call patchwork "world" they live in, turned out to be the result a cataclysmic event known to the Wilhelm Imperium as the "Climax to the Multi Era," or simply the Climax. Once their world was actually their whole multiverse, where each province and territory had been it's own self-contained universe, or rather plane of existence. These planes varied massively in size and shape, and often evolved their own life and landscapes. From evidence found, it appeared that each plane had no knowledge of any others, and had no way of entering one another's, and simply floated around in the void. But due to some unknown occurrence, all the planes were drawn into each other, and the separation between them lifted. Planes smashed and fused into each other, some were completely obliterated in the chaos, it was technically a near apocalyptic event for the whole multiverse, now just one whole universe. But once the Climax of the former era stopped, things naturally started to adjust and reorganize themselves, and very quickly the inhabits started to come into contact with their new neighbors."

The most I'll allow is that Imperium is aware of the possibility of other dimensions and "multiverses". The rest needs to be scrapped. The PLverse is a very defined concept.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:57 pm

I didn't mention every character by name in my post. Most of the characters are already busy with things. I pointed a few towards some tasks that will move the story along.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Cerillium wrote:I didn't mention every character by name in my post. Most of the characters are already busy with things. I pointed a few towards some tasks that will move the story along.

Did you get my latest TG?
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Sorry for absentness, but I think you'll understand the causes: reality combined with the black hole that is the El Goonish Shive archives. Very glad I read it - not only is it really good, the TF gun finally makes sense - but I do regret not having been able to focus on NS stuff.

Anyway, up to present in main story and in NP. Not in Sketchbook, but that's only six, seven hundred pages and not continuous storylines that I can't stop reading, so not a problem.

Also, regarding the above post: My concept for Fvaarniimar and Borksmiclen has long involved connected realities and I've been working to clarify and refine it. The situation as it has been standing: Two realities are connected for some reason, such that physical events which occur in one must do so, or very closely appear to do so, in the other. The situation as it now will have been if okay: Above still true save that realities are explicitly most closely connected in Fvaarniimar and Borksmiclen, with other locations allowed to vary. Realities connected for a time period re: only two in which both a recognizably-Borksmiclen and a recognizably-Fvaarniimar exist. Things possible in one reality eg personifications not in other (tentatively a 3rd-dim and a 4th-dim reality, although if time counts as a dimension I should probably move the 3D one up.) Within time period realities must appear very nearly identical within those countries. Realities are separate and not 'close', although the close connection results in them behaving as though next to each other if a method of transport between the two realities is in use (provided of course that the 'nearly identical' situation is accounted for) which does not step 'out' of the reality before moving to its counterpart and which actually is affected by 'distance' between realities.

Ah. That was longish. Anyway, I'm bringing it up because my concept has some similarities to Chedastan's (multiple realities connected) and given that I felt checking that it was okay might be prudent.
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:12 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Chedastan wrote:Okay I'm bored, so I'm going to try and explain the structure of my character's home universe for fun, and to maybe see if anyone has a name for it, because I have no clue.

Contritione Pervalida Mundos, was a term coined by General and Philosophy of Wilhelm I, General Alps Alto, to describe the "world" that the Wilhelm Imperium inhabited and knew of. The term originally came about when General Alps Alto was asked as to what he thought of all of the vastly diverse territory he had conquered in his whole career as General. To which he described each province as being in it's own little universe or world, that had been smashed into other universes and worlds like it, and now border them to create the patchwork like world they knew of, to make a "broken" yet whole world.

Further studies and found information after General Alps Alto would prove the concept to be true to a good degree. The so call patchwork "world" they live in, turned out to be the result a cataclysmic event known to the Wilhelm Imperium as the "Climax to the Multi Era," or simply the Climax. Once their world was actually their whole multiverse, where each province and territory had been it's own self-contained universe, or rather plane of existence. These planes varied massively in size and shape, and often evolved their own life and landscapes. From evidence found, it appeared that each plane had no knowledge of any others, and had no way of entering one another's, and simply floated around in the void. But due to some unknown occurrence, all the planes were drawn into each other, and the separation between them lifted. Planes smashed and fused into each other, some were completely obliterated in the chaos, it was technically a near apocalyptic event for the whole multiverse, now just one whole universe. But once the Climax of the former era stopped, things naturally started to adjust and reorganize themselves, and very quickly the inhabits started to come into contact with their new neighbors.

It's theorized that their world stretches to infinity, given that it their universe after all. The Wilhelm Imperium is just one of infinite domains and empires with infinite growth in any direction, and infinite places to conquer and subjugate.

If anyone's aware of Magic The Gathering's Shard of Alara Block, this is essentially that on a multiverse scale. Of course their multiverse, and not this one (unless that can't work out for some reason, let me know).

This bit won't work at all, Ched. It conflicts too much with established canon.

"The so call patchwork "world" they live in, turned out to be the result a cataclysmic event known to the Wilhelm Imperium as the "Climax to the Multi Era," or simply the Climax. Once their world was actually their whole multiverse, where each province and territory had been it's own self-contained universe, or rather plane of existence. These planes varied massively in size and shape, and often evolved their own life and landscapes. From evidence found, it appeared that each plane had no knowledge of any others, and had no way of entering one another's, and simply floated around in the void. But due to some unknown occurrence, all the planes were drawn into each other, and the separation between them lifted. Planes smashed and fused into each other, some were completely obliterated in the chaos, it was technically a near apocalyptic event for the whole multiverse, now just one whole universe. But once the Climax of the former era stopped, things naturally started to adjust and reorganize themselves, and very quickly the inhabits started to come into contact with their new neighbors."

The most I'll allow is that Imperium is aware of the possibility of other dimensions and "multiverses". The rest needs to be scrapped. The PLverse is a very defined concept.

Oh I was trying to refer to the Wilhelm Imperium's own universe, and how it was structured. I was thinking it existed as a separate entity from the PLverse, and the Imperium was simply using 'multiverse' as more a broad term to refer to their own world, due to how infinity big it is. I like to think the Imperium only has vague concept of what the Plverse even is, along with any other outside universe.

I think we were thinking in the different perspectives. If I change the wording around, like just plain "their universe," would that help some?

Also I intend to get something out IC tomorrow. And do you mind if I do a segment to before he got transported to PL? Like the battle in app. Before I get to PLverse introduction?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:25 am

Muse is not being kind to me concerning PL IC tonight, so I'll post tomorrow. For now, a glimpse into the next evolution of Septimus' story arc.

The Eight

The clacking of heels pierced the silence of the top level of the Spire where the Confederation's Regent Board met - and where Brutus had chosen to situate his office. He liked the symbolism of it - the doting father peering silently over his children as he worked - and in any case no one bothered him without undue reason as it took the elevators ages to ever reach the top level. Even if they did, his personal transport sat on the roof, ready for him to make a quick getaway in the case of a nosy media associate or an annoying bureaucrat attempting to pester him.

So this clicking of the heels not only disturbed the old man, it annoyed him. If it wasn't important, the person wouldn't have taken the tedious ride up; if it was, it would mean taking his eyes off of his precious personal projects, off of strings of genetic code and scanned copies of cell slides. Renders of cell interaction asserted themselves in the background of his holo-screen and he found them infinitely more interesting than whatever was about to be addressed before him.

"Brutus."

That voice, that grating edge, was what made Consul Brutus hate - no, hate was too strong a word for someone he trusted, perhaps it was just annoyance - Aurelius Cato. Cato had never bothered to refine his annoying tone or pitch to suite the Consul and, likewise, Brutus had made it a point to physically assail his second-in-command whenever the opportunity presented itself.

Standing to shove him to the floor for his insolence, the Consul noted with some surprise that Cato held faded folders in his hands.

Not manila, not creme, but faded brown folders. He recognized the coffee stain that punctuated the title printed atop the pile in Cato's hands.

"Why do you interrupt me chasing shadows, Cato?" Brutus grunted, making his way from behind his desk with a slow shuffle that seemed to only grow shorter and more feeble with age. Soon the Consul would require mechanical replacements for his wasted legs - augmentations and exoskeletons could only go so far in keeping his frail, organic body moving. Even as time wore away at him, still he clung to his final fragments of humanity - his body.

"Not shadows, not anymore," Cato set the folders down on Brutus' desk with a dull thud before pulling the coffee-stained one at the top of the pile and opening it, revealing Septimus' stoic face alongside a detailed analysis of his personality, behaviors, and prior history, "Mr. Itum has been found."

"Check the results again. False positives, every single find," the Consul offered an uninterested look at the faded photograph before he walked out to the edge of the room and peered at the fading sunlight of Kashtilag's home star through the massive windows he'd had installed after Septimus' departure.

"I took the liberty of running the check scripts several times before I read through the data myself," the Aurelius replied, unperturbed by the Consul's dismissal, "Septimus Itum is alive. He's just been jumped to a different dimension, which is why we couldn't find him on the initial scans. The current scans indicate he's not even in a dimension we can fully visit let alone send an expedition to - the data that we're getting back is too irregular and we can't safely send anyone across."

"But he is alive?" Brutus turned back to face Cato as the star fell beneath the horizon and the volcanic world that was Kashtilag fell into a rosy hue of red and orange, the light only kept faintly alive by the runny lava in the distance.

"He lives - alone, that is. No colonies, no known prior expeditions - nothing, which is quite obvious given that we can't even safely visit the dimension he's in," Cato set the folder down cavalierly, the pages flipping open to settle on a photo taken shortly after the Mobius crash-landed on Dyste. Neste and Septimus were both in the frame, though fuzzy and out-of-focus. It was a particular favorite of Brutus, and the Consul had spent hours looking over it following Septimus' disappearance before he pushed such thoughts to the back of his mind and moved on with his work. But he'd never quite forgotten about it, no matter how much he tried to hide.

"Who of the original OP specialize in interdimensional travel?" Brutus tapped his foot as a thought materialized in his head, taking root and growing into a plan that would come to consume him in the coming weeks, "Shame I never kept up with them."

"Octavia is currently busy on a pacification campaign, but..." Cato paused as data filled his vision, his eyes clouding over as he processed through the list and checked over the brood, "Sextus... Tritian... All busy. But..."

"But what? Out with it, Cato!" the Consul pounded his slate desk to indicate his displeasure before warnings filled his vision and indicated that he should not so wantonly abuse his hardware. It didn't come cheap, after all, and with how frail his body was he couldn't afford for it to fail.

"Nihilus," Cato raised a hand in a calming gesture that seemed to placate the Consul for the moment, the data in his eyes freezing as he continued, "He's not currently assigned to anything and he his specialty is similar to Octavia's and Sextus'. He handled the optimization of the warp algorithms a few decades ago and he's still on the team as far as I can see. He'll do for this mission, I think."

"Make the call. I want him in my office tomorrow morning so we can discuss possibilities," Brutus strode past the Aurelius and tapped on the door, indicating his wish to no longer be disturbed, "Cato, dismissed."

The Aurelius turned stiffly after grabbing the folders, boots once-again clacking as he left Brutus' office atop the Spire. The Consul stopped him before he could cross the threshold.

"Leave Septimus' folder here, if you can," Brutus held out an expectant hand and was rewarded with the coffee-stained folder, "And make sure Nihilus gets his medication. You know how the old boy gets when he goes off the juice."

The clacking resumed without further word, and the hum of the elevator indicated Brutus was alone once more. He returned to his desk and turned off the holo-screen.

The folder was pulled open and the photo of Septimus and Neste became the focus of his attention once more. The lizard - in human form, much to Brutus' surprise, for he had not yet encountered a species whose polymorphic abilities were so natural-looking - concerned him. Whatever her attachment to Septimus, it had left the entire expedition in ruins and resulted in the deaths of good men and women aboard the ship.

But she was long-gone, and the odds of her and Septimus ever meeting again were near nil. All the Consul had to do was reclaim the prodigal son and quietly return him to his place at the side of the Board. His title would remain struck, but his skills would remain invaluable to their efforts.

The eight would stand.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:31 am

Ooooh! I'm loving the story arc, Agy!

Okay... the universe/dimension discussion:

My suggestion: There are many theories out there. Not all physicists agree on one single theory. That's why the one running our game has selected one theory to serve as the basis for the setting - not because he favors it, but because it's one that works best for the mechanics of this RP. This doesn't mean that other theories are wrong. It just means that we're going with A rather than B and C and D and E.

Think of the PL physics as tiling in hyperbolic geometry. All vertices are congruent. You'll find things neatly fitting together (rotational and translational symmetry). We need the basis of all these dimensions to likewise remain congruent. Stripped of everything but the basics, Fvaar's dimension must function like Ched's dimension must function like Min's dimension must function like my dimension. The elements (planets, people, philosophy, whatever) may vary, but the basics (physics) must apply to all equally, regardless of how small or large the dimension.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Heads Up:

Prim has something like a Tardis. Although I've limited him on some if its capabilities (in order to get the rest of you exploring) his characters and tech are an excellent source to turn to. We're gearing up to dive into the world. Send characters to see what Primordial is doing in the lobby if you want to participate in exploration.

Bran/Marcus are going to recover the downed exo. Marcus will solicit people for help if they approach. Jump on that if you'd like.

Villagers will be heading back to their village soon. The wounded will need some help in transporting. If Amanda doesn't go with the exo crew, someone might ask her to drive Marcus' truck. This will give some players a chance to see the settlement.

Other players have asked for some down time. With the exception of sending Torsii and Drova to help Kale, nearly everyone is probably standing around in their areas awaiting instruction. It's an opportunity to show us your fatigued characters, to restock their supplies, to interact with other characters, and to raise questions (that should come up during a Residents Meeting). Most of the healers and heroes are worn out. This is a good time to get to know them, if your characters seldom interact with them.

I've asked Swith to use Minerva to call a Residents Meeting once the exo is returned. Minerva will wait until Septimus and Sandy are free.

There's a newly arrived character in the lobby (Ched's) and someone might offer to interact with him to get him integrated once Ched posts. PL Family welcome!

WEATHER
Joaquin will transition to a non-tropical system by midweek. Good news, East Coasters and Floridians. However, it's understandable if weather knocks out your connection during the next day or so. The Carolinas have gone through hell this week.

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:24 pm

It's not really that bad on the East Coast actually, was a bit rainy the other day, but it's mostly gone by now.

I'll also need to re-app Drova and Yuna, but I can do that tonight.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:33 pm

The BranRiech wrote:It's not really that bad on the East Coast actually, was a bit rainy the other day, but it's mostly gone by now.

Yup.

You won't need to have the app done to put them into play. I'm still going through the apps in the old OOC, and Swith is behind on tabs.

Marcus was out in the truck if you want to send Bran that way. He'll have seen the helicopter land and will return to the Lobby. They can meet up there.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:34 pm

Worst I've gotten is some all-day rain, and I live near the Gulf.

My sister had floods in NC.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Cerillium wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:It's not really that bad on the East Coast actually, was a bit rainy the other day, but it's mostly gone by now.

Yup.

You won't need to have the app done to put them into play. I'm still going through the apps in the old OOC, and Swith is behind on tabs.

Marcus was out in the truck if you want to send Bran that way. He'll have seen the helicopter land and will return to the Lobby. They can meet up there.

Sure! And cool, yeah, I'll do their apps at some point during our trip in DC (Nights are free and just lounging around the hotel)

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:42 pm

...okaaay, but what falls under physics? It doesn't seem as though the exact same 'laws of physics' apply everywhere in the Universe. Case in point: Willow. Unless he were extremely light, wings that size shouldn't lift him in our reality - which is implied to be part of said Universe, and even if not I'm pretty sure some fandoms represented obey similar physical laws.

I'm saying 'Realities A and B are connected because technobabbly reasons and breaking the connection would cause Bad Things.' I am still not sure from your explanation if this is okay; if not, I would really appreciate some clarification of what exactly is the issue and what would be needed to fix it, because as things stand it's rather important to Kwa'a's backstory. As an absolute last-ditch method I could have Kwa'a, spirits, etc. be ridiculously mistaken about the nature of their reality, but I would really prefer not to do so. Travel between realities happens in this roleplay fairly easily, and this doesn't seem to be that dissimilar of a concept.
I apologize if you are sick of dealing with this. If you don't have time currently, no rush; however, I probably won't be able to finish Kwa'a's updated app until this is resolved. Anyway, thanks! I hope you're all having lovely days, or if applicable nights.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:47 pm

Cerillium wrote:snip

I can send Brit to help escort the villagers back and Varona with Marcus. The latter is still outside standing by the building, and if you want she does have her other arms out.
Last edited by Monfrox on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Sending Chrys through as required.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:06 pm

I'm just lucky I don't live near any rivers or big bodies of water. Because it's been raining for a while here.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:12 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Cerillium wrote:snip

I can send Brit to help escort the villagers back and Varona with Marcus. The latter is still outside standing by the building, and if you want she does have her other arms out.

Right. Sounds good.

Quick dinner break and then I'll post. Swith should be back from Johnstown in a bit but I'd rather have Marcus active than keep you and Bran stalled.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:22 pm

Was in a parade yesterday. Both bitterly cold and raining. We followed through with it though and had a good time. But I biked back home, went to my grandma's and bundled myself in blankets. Lucky I don't have a cold or something.

I'll catch up on IC things, but I won't be posting much. Busy today and the rest of the week. Schoolwork is a bitch and so are tests. Also in a couple other RPs that I need to work on as well. But I'll try something if I think I have the time for it. Or if I don't have writer's block. Its dark by seven and is usually raining and cold as well. It's fucking depressing and I can't write when I'm in that mood. Ugh....

Luckily my mom and bro are coming up, so I don't have to bike to and from campus when its raining and miserable.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:31 pm

The Carlisle wrote:Was in a parade yesterday. Both bitterly cold and raining. We followed through with it though and had a good time. But I biked back home, went to my grandma's and bundled myself in blankets. Lucky I don't have a cold or something.

I'll catch up on IC things, but I won't be posting much. Busy today and the rest of the week. Schoolwork is a bitch and so are tests. Also in a couple other RPs that I need to work on as well. But I'll try something if I think I have the time for it. Or if I don't have writer's block. Its dark by seven and is usually raining and cold as well. It's fucking depressing and I can't write when I'm in that mood. Ugh....

Luckily my mom and bro are coming up, so I don't have to bike to and from campus when its raining and miserable.

I'm glad you didn't catch cold.

I sent Torsi's character to Kale but I can route her differently so he's not stuck. Perhaps Tora can lead her back to her own apartment so she can sleep her fatigue off? This leaves him free to send Tora to the village or with Marcus/Bran etc.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:33 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Monfrox wrote:I can send Brit to help escort the villagers back and Varona with Marcus. The latter is still outside standing by the building, and if you want she does have her other arms out.

Right. Sounds good.

Quick dinner break and then I'll post. Swith should be back from Johnstown in a bit but I'd rather have Marcus active than keep you and Bran stalled.

Do you need me to put Brit anywhere? She just got done hurling in the clinic trashcan.

Achievement

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Cerillium wrote:Send characters to see what Primordial is doing in the lobby if you want to participate in exploration.

Patience, patience. The Belas are busy. :P

Cerillium wrote:Villagers will be heading back to their village soon. The wounded will need some help in transporting. If Amanda doesn't go with the exo crew, someone might ask her to drive Marcus' truck. This will give some players a chance to see the settlement.

That's more her speed, and given the OOC choice, that's easy to set up IC.

Cerillium wrote:With the exception of sending Torsii and Drova to help Kale, nearly everyone is probably standing around in their areas awaiting instruction.

"Standing around... awaiting instruction"? Bah! Things to do, people to heal! :) If your next IC post doesn't have Ogoti reach Sandy, you're getting a bridge post. :P
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:Case in point: Willow. Unless he were extremely light, wings that size shouldn't lift him in our reality

He has wings, silly, thus he can fly. ;)

If you want a handwaving scientific answer, his flight muscles are phenomenally strong. The downdrafts from his wingbeats knock over small people, and blow away light objects. Ditto for Sandy's Pegasus: getting a ton and a half of winged horse into the air means he is STRONK!
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:47 pm

@Prim: for future reference, which of the things mentioned in your last IC post are magic?

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Cerillium wrote:
The Carlisle wrote:Was in a parade yesterday. Both bitterly cold and raining. We followed through with it though and had a good time. But I biked back home, went to my grandma's and bundled myself in blankets. Lucky I don't have a cold or something.

I'm glad you didn't catch cold.

I sent Torsi's character to Kale but I can route her differently so he's not stuck. Perhaps Tora can lead her back to her own apartment so she can sleep her fatigue off? This leaves him free to send Tora to the village or with Marcus/Bran etc.

Yeah, that is a good idea. Park Kale for the week until I'm more available.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:51 pm

Since I'm going to be relatively inactive, I can do it as desired.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse