NATION

PASSWORD

Cimmerian Raider Mercs - Hyborian Winter War

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cora II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:48 pm

The Hyborian warriors, Cimmerian Mercs, Cora II and Isken looking for a target to assault. Winter is coming!

September 16th, Major Update

CROM! The Core of Nationstates' most determined Mercenary unit has been established. Cimmerian tags.

Aftermath: Cora t/p, Isken s. 28 hits, 28 Cimmerian tags. 6 misses (1 non-exec), 1rf. No fendas. Few retags. Link to this Report added to tag WFEs. Normal tech problems.
Last edited by Cora II on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:00 am

Sorry for breaking some rules, Sedge:

The most important lesson The Great Fallen One gave me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvNCznBhSlE

I try live by it. Humility.
• The Black Riders Witch-Z-Queen of Cimmeria 'Cora' • Raider Extremist • War Diary
• 618+ active updates, 11195+ raided regions, 3567+ times raider delegate, 158+ updates in command, 2870+ triggered raids, 35+ occupations, 307+ banjected WA-nations •

"Cut them down!"

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:46 am

The Borderwars at Southern Cimmerian borders

September 19th, Minor Update - The Cimmerian Borderwars

CROM! A battle hardened and combatworthy The Black Rider veteran Vandoosa made a long travel to a northern mountains of Cimmeria, to meet her old comrade-in-arms Cora II. Together they decided try break a raiding record of most hits with obsolete bone catapults. From the beginning of the Cimmerians ambitious war path on the taglands was tracked and followed by at least five Elite legions of a civilized Aquilonian Dear Spane defender auxiliaries. A fierce combat was inevitable, and it raged whole day from a dawn till to the dusk. Severe casualties were caused to both sides, but into the end Cimmerians emerged to be victorious.

Victory was Pyrrhic. Welcome back Dear Bella! o7 :hug:

The Sites of The Victories: 24

A Good Name
Adaria
Creamoland
Darkheart
Eastern Northwest
Entity
Greater Victorian Confederation
Holy Colds
Je Oe Jo
Kerisian Union
Keukenhof
New Avalon
Nureit
Pandemonium
Suleseatic League
The Clownlands
The DerpS Squads Living
The Guerrilla Islands
The Remnants Of Sad Vlad
The Republican Confederacy State Union
The United 420 Emirates of Swagonia
United Federation Of Soverign States
United Unions
Womyn

Missed by evasions, tactical faults, etc.: 4

Nerdpole
Dobbel River
Crusader States
Umbara

The Battle sites of Losses: 12

New Daikonar
The New Europe
Udentrion Union
Anansimente
The Lancastrians and PostAmericans
Aleeria
Appalachia
The League of Extremely Odd Nations
The Salty Spitoon
10D Class Region
Navia
Riverside

In the chronicles of the Witch-Queendom this episode will be considered as "an example of update R/D gameplay at it's finest".

"You were a bit down last night. I wrangled up some Dear Spanes to cheer you up." - Benevolent Thomas

So he did. :hug:
Last edited by Cora II on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

"Cut them down!"

Rivercastle
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rivercastle » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:49 am

Cora II wrote:
"You were a bit down last night. I wrangled up some Dear Spanes to cheer you up." - Benevolent Thomas

So he did. :hug:

I was an unexpected one :p

You guys were pretty fast though.
Last edited by Rivercastle on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
What I'm doing right now: Chilling out in the Coffee House, writing issues with Singapore no2.
Like writing issues too? Come join us in the Coffee House, where you'll get a free flow of any coffee of your choice!

Also, I'm the founder of Tranquility Sphere, a region where all are welcome.

Rivercastle
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rivercastle » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:57 am

Also what was the previous record?
What I'm doing right now: Chilling out in the Coffee House, writing issues with Singapore no2.
Like writing issues too? Come join us in the Coffee House, where you'll get a free flow of any coffee of your choice!

Vandoosa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vandoosa » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:58 am

YAY! *takes a break from setting fires*

So many defenders today! Are they preparing for Winter?

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:03 am

Rivercastle wrote:Also what was the previous record?

Cimmerian record is 34 hits without keyboard and mouse. Your horrible :p cohorts obviously ruined a new record. I had some accuracy problems, that forced me adjust intuitively. Give a second or two extra and you guys can do it.

Vandy feared being rusty, but I didn't see signs about that. One of fastest switcers ever in this game. o7

"Cut them down!"

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Everyone. Simply everyone... Can kill the game by resurrecting a puppet...

Keep it alive, that is the real trial.

A beauty of wardance, fellows on my side, are only reason to play this game.

Isolate me... and one other is there. It is the basic law of this game. Accept it.
Last edited by Cora II on Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Cut them down!"

Trick Shot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trick Shot » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Listing your losses too now. I haven't seen that before.
Festavo Montresor-Stark
Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris | Sergeant of The Black Hawks
Raiding like it should be: Sleepers, Griefing and Fun
Marelius wrote:You got Festavo'd

Revall wrote:Festavo is an off his rocker cowboy capable of anything at the drop of a hat

Nuke wrote:But can you really be more dangerous than Festavo? Now that guy is a real fucking OG.

Valrifell wrote:God dammit Fest, you think too much!

Deadeye Jack
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deadeye Jack » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:17 pm

I do have to say it was a fun update. Haven't had a run like that in awhile but I always enjoy being the thorn in the side of Cora and Vandoosa. It didn't seem like you guys got that many regions in the heat of battle and I was shocked when I heard it was 24. Oh well, til next time.

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Indeed, Jack. It was thrilling update. People talks often that how boring and repetitive, updating is, that I don't agree with them at all. I think its best what this game can offer, a possibility to real man-to-man/team vs. team combat where in principle an individual player's role can change (and often does) during single update, unlike in macro scale R/D (invasion/liberation GP), in which teams of both sides (or multiple sides) can take part too like we did in above tag run by reinforcing DEN occupation for providing extra 2 endorsements to the WAD. Flexibility, beauty of mobility, and real time team play (i.e. "wardance" by Cimmerian term), are often forgotten aspect to look the R/D, and that is really sad thing.

When River got elected in that one target with split second movement before update I thought: "Dammit! They're good in what they do.", and after initial disappointment I felt pride for being able fight back with few hits (We switched faster you did). You guys make this game interesting. Thanks for that, but don't expect mercy. :lol:

Other note. If region is tagged 'Recruiter Friendly', everyone can RMB recruit/advertise their regions there. If its tagged 'Puppet Storage', everyone can move their nations freely to a region. Its actually amazing how little these possibilities are used in practice. ;)

Those 2 tags are potentially most harmful/useful tags, depenting a perspective we look at. That's why they were part of old TBR standard tagging protocol.

Administrative add: PROMOTION, Sept 21. 2015

Following raider has been promoted in Cimmerian Ranks

• CBG Vandoosa to Rank Cimmerian Merc Warrior (CMW), Member of Tribes
3 active updates, 74 team hits, 24 Cimmerian points, 1 reinforcement

Strict rank requirements overruled. The Promotee acting in practice as a Cimmerian Mercenary Warrior. Member of Cimmerian Tribes.
Last edited by Cora II on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Cut them down!"

Kalle Blomkvist
Civilian

Founded: Sep 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalle Blomkvist » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:54 am

So you call yourselves mercenaries. Does that mean you're for hire?

Rivercastle
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rivercastle » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:47 am

Kalle Blomkvist wrote:So you call yourselves mercenaries. Does that mean you're for hire?

If your organisation is big enough and it raids, I believe.

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:10 am

Kalle Blomkvist wrote:So you call yourselves mercenaries. Does that mean you're for hire?

Yes.

Current standing orders:

Move to http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_ ... rman_reich

Endorse delegate http://www.nationstates.net/nation=seditia

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!

CROM!

"Cut them down!"

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:42 am

Conan - The King of Southern Aquilonia wondering where he could hire some Northern Cimmerians... without taking a part by himself.

Nowhere!

September 30th, Minor Update: The First Drunken Evening of Hyborian Winter '2015-16

Borderwars. 3r vs 2f. CROM!

Cimmerians:

Merc Cora II
Merc Vandoosa
Merc We Are Not The NSA

"Cut them down!"

Doomseeker
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doomseeker » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:59 am

Your army sounds cool and I would like to join if that is okay and if so how do I do it?

Stalker Queen
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalker Queen » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Doomseeker wrote:Your army sounds cool and I would like to join if that is okay and if so how do I do it?

@Realm: Seriously... stop.
Any statements made from this nation are representative of the personal views of the player behind it, and should not be taken as the views of any region or organisation they may be part of.
Luna Amore wrote:You stalkin' too close.
Retired.

Doomseeker
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomseeker » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:00 am

No idea who that person is but I all want to do is raid with you guys as sounds fun so please let me raid with you.

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:44 am

Yeah... Sure. Nothing in this Cimmerian project particularly indicate that DOS goons are welcomed in to the active ranks.

In Cimmeria, we barbarians play by the rules for The Love of raiding. You couldn't follow them, sad. Don't expect Cora would follow the path.

Damn. Fuck. Crom!

"Cut them down!"

Doomseeker
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomseeker » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:25 pm

So can I raid with you yes or no?

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Nope definitely not Realm lol *sarcasm*

Doomseeker
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Doomseeker » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:56 pm

I am not realm I do not know what makes you think I am.

Cora II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cora II » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:51 am

You simply behave like Realm does.

You are either Realm, or a troll. If not, then...

45+ pups applied to WA and placed to the cultural hub of Nugut. Online for updates. Hope someone add you to fun.

Meanwhile I take some off-duty indefinitely. The lady of the house requires special attention. :P

CROM!

"Cut them down!"

Riftey
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Riftey » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:11 am

Yeah that's realm x'D

I'm sure the DEN folk will be able to check when it signs up on their offsite anyway. Should have all the details from his last forum account on their offiste (Well TBRs). I know for a fact I kept it in case of a return of it.
About
Third Place Sexiest NSer 2K15
Largest Ego in Gameplay
Gameplay Ideology: Cause drama at any cost
Screw Democracy
Gameplay
Prophet of Sanctum
Watcher of Warzones
(Former) War Beserker of Cimmeria
(Former) MoFA of The Confederacy of Allied States

Prophet Alphonse Silverstorm
Independent Oppertunist

"Loyalty to my purpose - Loyalty to the end"

Nationstates and chill anyone? ;D

Sub 0
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sub 0 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:33 am

Hey homies I just heard about this whole raiding thing so I was wondering if I can join your crew and if so how do I do it my friends.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay