NATION

PASSWORD

Star War Galaxy [General OOC Thread]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Achesia wrote:
Godular wrote:
Neither of us, really.

I prefer to discuss the RP ahead of time so as to eliminate any surprises and bruised egoes. My interest is in the RP just being a good read, really.

So are the RPs at least SW themed? xD and if I ran SW tech would I be obliterated?

There are SW elements involved, yes... though only Bal has force users between us. As for the SW tech... hmm... lotta folks here have their own stuff, unrelated to SW tech and whatnot. OG runs with Ender-tech, if I recall properly. Wick uses Honorverse (I think), ND uses a homebrew, CW has pokemon-training ninjedi...

And the Dying Dawn storyline is the SW galaxy under attack by Warhammer 40K Chaos Marines.

Its a bit of a mish-mash. Don't consider yourself limited here.
Last edited by Godular on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:49 pm

Achesia wrote:Also Thrash do you have a factbook I can reference?

Mine is in my signature.

Martian Priesthood wrote:Just seen the topic... looks promising for a star-wars fan like myself!
What's the maximum size limit of warships allowed? Can I have a super as my flagship?
And what's the army limits... are droids allowed, because if so is that then a population loophole?
What about the Jedi and Sith - alongside other force organizations, cults and religious groups?
Can I just have a message which gives me the basic overview... like the thread rules and such?

You seem to be a very new nation and new to NS. First of all, welcome to NS and thank you for showing interest in the Star Wars Galaxy rp group/sandbox. There is a link in my signature that says "Newbies need to read this." I would appreciate and encourage you to read it. I'll wait until you're done.

Finished?

That's good! You've taken your first step into a larger world.

I will now direct your attention to the Opening Post (OP) of this thread here. It will tell you a lot about what is happening within our particular version of the SWG. Population, ship sizes, army sizes, everything is all pretty relative. A lot of it depends on your ability to accurately and fairly portray it -- as was mentioned in that 'Newbies Need To Read This' post you read earlier.
Last edited by Thrashia on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:10 pm

Godular wrote:
Achesia wrote:
So are the RPs at least SW themed? xD and if I ran SW tech would I be obliterated?

There are SW elements involved, yes... though only Bal has force users between us. As for the SW tech... hmm... lotta folks here have their own stuff, unrelated to SW tech and whatnot. OG runs with Ender-tech, if I recall properly. Wick uses Honorverse (I think), ND uses a homebrew, CW has pokemon-training ninjedi...

And the Dying Dawn storyline is the SW galaxy under attack by Warhammer 40K Chaos Marines.

So its really a slightly star wars theme set in the sw galaxy but with NS FT tech of all sortS?

Oasisa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Oasisa » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Thrashia wrote:Today marks a sad day for all fans of cinema, heavy metal, and stage acting. Though he might have starred in the Prequel Trilogy that is, by most, ridiculed for its poor writing and Jar Jar Binks -- Sir Christopher Lee was a man who made them worth watching. He truly captured us all in his depiction of Saruman the Wise in LOTR. He is, without a doubt, my favorite Count Dracula. Today Sir Christopher Lee passed away. I hope that, somewhere, he's perhaps rocking out and slaying idiot Jedi somewhere in the after life.

A moment of silence for a wonderful actor, man, soldier, singer, and just a wonderful human being.

(Image)

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Achesia wrote:
Godular wrote:

So its really a slightly star wars theme set in the sw galaxy but with NS FT tech of all sortS?

Pretty much. As Thrashia's link stated though, it isn't necessarily about the tech, but what you can do with the information involved.

Or as I like to say: 5% blaster, 95% bluster.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:02 pm

Godular wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Pretty much. As Thrashia's link stated though, it isn't necessarily about the tech, but what you can do with the information involved.

Or as I like to say: 5% blaster, 95% bluster.

Ya I get it, I'm just trying to figuring whether I am going to focus on Star Wars in this RP or focus on FT.

If its SW then Id roll with a SW themed nation.

But if its more loosly sw based then Ill just make FT Achesia, since I haven't made my latest version of that yet.
Last edited by Achesia on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:27 pm

I think I may go with the latter an build FT Achesia. But is there any chance I can see some of the tech you all use? So I know what the standard is?

Thrashia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2004
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Thrashia » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:40 am

My tech is pretty much all SW with a few tweaks here and there for my own preferences or in places where I know that George thought it was cool but is militarily stupid. That said, feel free to just use SW tech. If you need help on knowing what to use, vehicles, ships, weaponry, etc, then feel free to TG me.

Also, don't forget to post your claim in the claims thread. Otherwise it won't get posted up to the OP.
FT Factbook | Thrashian Maintenance Thread | Newbies Need to Read This | Thrashia IIwiki

"D-Damn you all...! All of you dogs whose souls are still bound to the Earth! Long live Neo Zeon!" - MSG: Unicorn

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:47 pm

Re-watching the clone wars series and my ears were in so much pain when Anakin said this when saying he needed to report to the jedi council: "I actually needed to be there 7 clicks ago."

WTH is with Star Wars and using measures of distance for measure of time lol. Its like they decided to model their system of time measurement in the most annoying way for tourists..... lol Worse than Imperial V Metric. lol

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Thrashia wrote:My tech is pretty much all SW with a few tweaks here and there for my own preferences or in places where I know that George thought it was cool but is militarily stupid. That said, feel free to just use SW tech. If you need help on knowing what to use, vehicles, ships, weaponry, etc, then feel free to TG me.

Also, don't forget to post your claim in the claims thread. Otherwise it won't get posted up to the OP.

I sent you a TG.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:03 pm

My WIP FT Factbook btw: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=352754

Balrogga
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2004
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:35 pm

I plan on being more active and perhaps showing a bit more of a dark side.

Not sure exactly yet but I am tossing around some ideas in my mind.

Emergence
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=5&t=354605
Last edited by Balrogga on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Fallen Empire of Balrogga

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Balrogga wrote:I plan on being more active and perhaps showing a bit more of a dark side.

Not sure exactly yet but I am tossing around some ideas in my mind.

Emergence
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=5&t=354605

Who else is involved in the thread, or is this a re-intro?
New to F7? Click here!

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Right now nobody is involved, it was a means to be a semi-reintro but I am working on something possibly with a couple other players. If you have any ideas feel free to contact me.

I plan on becoming more of a "bad guy" and causing trouble of a sort. I know that does not say much but for now I am holding my cards close.

Intergalactic Trade Hub Thread - Founder / Argument Thread / Advice Thread / DoGA Resource site / ESUS Alliance / The Bloody Hand / Ta'Nar Rumor Thread
Not because it wishes harm, but because it likes violent vibrations to change constantly
Horror – the true horror that paralyzes the mind and scars it with nightmares – is never truly healed.
I had to read that post a couple times to make sure there was not something brilliant burried under all that stupidity...
The quiet foe is the one you need to pay heed, not the loudmouth attracting all the attention.

Ordering lunch

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Balrogga wrote:Right now nobody is involved, it was a means to be a semi-reintro but I am working on something possibly with a couple other players. If you have any ideas feel free to contact me.

I plan on becoming more of a "bad guy" and causing trouble of a sort. I know that does not say much but for now I am holding my cards close.

Would be entertaining to have both the Godulans and the Balroggans pouring forth from the unknown regions... but I'm not sure how the 'Mistress' would work with the Ta'Nar. Pretty sure she'd think them 'uppitty'
New to F7? Click here!

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:27 am

...and she would be correct. :lol:

Ordering lunch

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:17 am

Balrogga wrote:...and she would be correct. :lol:

She always is. :D

Detailed files and all that.
New to F7? Click here!

Balrogga
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Balrogga » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:19 pm

As some of you noticed, I posted something in the short story thread a few days ago and decided to make a separate thread for the story so we all can try to have fun with it. I stated I was going to leave the link in the original post on the story Thread until it was ready. I think I have ti set up good enough to get things started for now and I will be removing the clutter from the short story thread and encourage others to do so also.

The Beginning or The End? (SWG only)

Ordering lunch

Asfaltum
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Asfaltum » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Sooo...

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Just waitin' fer Shenryax to update. Hate it when things stall on a cliffhanger.
New to F7? Click here!

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:30 pm

How's the book going btw?

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:09 pm

Asfaltum wrote:How's the book going btw?

30 pages in, then school started.
New to F7? Click here!

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:11 am

Heh, know that feeling.

Asfaltum
Envoy

Postby Asfaltum » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:04 am

Are there any actual active/ongoing threads atm?

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:43 pm

Not really, unfortunately. Wouldn't mind one to pass the time tho.
New to F7? Click here!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents