NATION

PASSWORD

League Of Legends Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:24 pm

Japanese Schoolgirls wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:
However, now that you mention Youmu, I recall Orianna and her ball being based off Youmu and her ghost or something like it.

Oh! I didn't know that. Seems like there's quite a handful of fans in Riot.

Kindred doesn't look..... appealing to play honestly

I've watched some gameplay footage. She's like some AD Marksman. Not really my bag either.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:23 pm

"...every 3 hits"

Good Job, Riot. Because you've never used that gameplay mechanic before.

I'm beginning to think they've read my joke champion ideas.
Last edited by Grand Britannia on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:08 pm

Well, I tried ranked. Never doing that again. Those people are jerks.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Montol
Civilian

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Montol » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Well, I tried ranked. Never doing that again. Those people are jerks.

It all depends. I've had some good games in ranked with good players, and other games where my team is horrible and downright toxic.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:41 pm

Montol wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Well, I tried ranked. Never doing that again. Those people are jerks.

It all depends. I've had some good games in ranked with good players, and other games where my team is horrible and downright toxic.

I got stuck bot with a wuss Thresh for support. He kept ditching at the first sign of trouble, and everyone blamed me for dying. You try 2 v 1 as Veigar against frigging Blitzcrank and Ashe.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Montol wrote:

I got stuck bot with a wuss Thresh for support. He kept ditching at the first sign of trouble, and everyone blamed me for dying. You try 2 v 1 as Veigar against frigging Blitzcrank and Ashe.

Veigar bot? Not really a good idea unless you're the support.
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:15 pm

Landenburg wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:I got stuck bot with a wuss Thresh for support. He kept ditching at the first sign of trouble, and everyone blamed me for dying. You try 2 v 1 as Veigar against frigging Blitzcrank and Ashe.

Veigar bot? Not really a good idea unless you're the support.

I know that now.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Landenburg
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landenburg » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Landenburg wrote:Veigar bot? Not really a good idea unless you're the support.

I know that now.

For the most part, I'd keep him mid.
Alas yonder woman, damn you tempt me with thy saucy bosom
thus methinks I shall bestow my codpiece in thee & make naughty love to my lady all night
Please haste hither & quench this torment fairest maiden
get some

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:43 pm

I enjoy going Ad Leblanc bot.

Still remember the game where the enemy Leona just didn't understand one does not simply catch AD Leblanc.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:24 am

You think retconning the actual League out was a good idea? I don't really play for the lore, but it seemed to piss a lot of people off.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:44 pm

I've recently decided to take an extended break from the game, largely because its starting to cause me stress (as opposed to relieving it) and some members of the player base are just too toxic. Its especially harsh for beginners.

I mean consider this story.

I've recently had a re-union with an old friend from high school and we discovered that we had a common interest in League. And so we went for a few games. Now I told him I'm just learning the ropes (started a month or less ago) and I've only tried a few characters; this is my second day using Ashe. He's level 30 and has been playing for a few years.

We Skype and play the game. OH MY GOD...

''WHY the hell did you go in?!''

''YOU'RE GOING TO FEED! STOP FEEDING!''

''OH MY GOD... YOU MISSED THE SKILL SHOT! OH MY GOD YOU MISSED!'' (I reply, ''Well there's a margin of error'' to which he cuts me off and says ''WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S A MARGIN OF ERROR?!'')

''YOU SUCK! HAHAHAHA''

''HOW THE HELL ARE YOU STILL LEVEL 5? You DON'T have your Ult yet? YOU SUCK!''

(I ask him about what some of the characters do or whether a specific character has been spotted... his response?)
1. OF COURSE
2. WHY do you care?! He's not in your lane

And as if that's not bad enough, there's the endless bragging.

''See? ... SEEEEEEE?!!! Look at my kills. I know how to play Tryndamere REALLY WELL.''

''STOP SNORING!''

And the endless laughter.

Now you may think I'm exaggerating. I'm not. This is close to a literal transcript. I tried to show good sportsmanship and to just play the best game I can but I couldn't keep up. I praised him for his skills and never called out for his missteps but that didn't stop his continued disparagement and cruel remarks.

I wanted stand up to him and confront him but in the end decided it simply wasn't worth it. Life is too short to have to deal with such toxic personalities.

I wanted to say to him ''We're done. I'm here to play a game, not to get called names. Take your name calling back to kindergarten; and if this is your idea of humour, then there's something wrong with you.'' I didn't. I stopped the game, hung up on Skype, and tried to move on.

But its bothering me to the point where I can't touch the game anymore without being reminded of these cruel remarks. I know I should have thicker skin but its really getting to me.

Its too stressful. You miss a few farms and you're behind the other player, you're getting pushed out of lane, or you accidentally die a few times (from ganks or just a bad call)... BAM! Game over and you get blamed. I have no idea how anyone times the farms consistently.

I mean, at least when you're playing First Person Shooters and you have a bad day and die a lot, the other team doesn't get fed and gets increased health and damage bonus from their guns.

I have no idea why the game is designed this way.

I wanted to blame my friend for being a terrible human being but now that I think about it, the game's a little too hard on beginners. And when you're an experienced player and you can lose a game because ONE player on the game isn't having the best day and accidentally feeds the other team... it may be second nature for those who have less than perfect self-control to start finger-pointing and giving others a hard time.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:You think retconning the actual League out was a good idea? I don't really play for the lore, but it seemed to piss a lot of people off.

In Universe wise the game makes no sense without it, tbh. Calling players summoners doesn't even make sense, too.

And to the above post, this is the reason I play the game for laughs rather than to win.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:27 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:And to the above post, this is the reason I play the game for laughs rather than to win.

It's why I went back to normals. They have fun. The ranked guys threaten to leave lane for auto-attacking a minion.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:24 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:And to the above post, this is the reason I play the game for laughs rather than to win.

It's why I went back to normals. They have fun. The ranked guys threaten to leave lane for auto-attacking a minion.

Ranked is basically the anti-fun group of LoL. All you get is a bunch of pro player wannabes that think the gold border on their loading screen makes them a superior human.

And good lord supporting in ranked is psychological suicide, this fucking Akali once went alone into a 1 v 5 and then started whining "gg this lulu never ward".

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED SIMPLY NOT GOING TO A DARK AREA OF THE JUNGLE?
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:It's why I went back to normals. They have fun. The ranked guys threaten to leave lane for auto-attacking a minion.

Ranked is basically the anti-fun group of LoL. All you get is a bunch of pro player wannabes that think the gold border on their loading screen makes them a superior human.

And good lord supporting in ranked is psychological suicide, this fucking Akali once went alone into a 1 v 5 and then started whining "gg this lulu never ward".

Don't I know it. For cripes sake, it was Bronze 1, and they acted like they were losing the LCS. The enemy team was actually super nice, though. Had more fun talking with them than I did supporting Aggro Ezreal.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Grand Britannia wrote:

Don't I know it. For cripes sake, it was Bronze 1, and they acted like they were losing the LCS. The enemy team was actually super nice, though. Had more fun talking with them than I did supporting Aggro Ezreal.

I've come to learn Ezreal and Vayne mains are generally cancer, as is the mains of a certain white haired top laner.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:36 pm

Grand Britannia wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Don't I know it. For cripes sake, it was Bronze 1, and they acted like they were losing the LCS. The enemy team was actually super nice, though. Had more fun talking with them than I did supporting Aggro Ezreal.

I've come to learn Ezreal and Vayne mains are generally cancer, as is the mains of a certain white haired top laner.

He was actually the first douchy Ezreal I've met. My experience with toxic whiners usually involves Yasuo. I seem to be a magnet for whiny Yas players.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Japanese Schoolgirls
Attaché

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japanese Schoolgirls » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:57 am

Bump!

Concerning the toxicity of the game , it seems that it has reached its all time high. Even videogamedunkey quit LoL and that's saying something because he's one of the biggest LoL entertainers.
유애나 | YOU & I

| Community is my name and community-building is my game |

H A L L Y U S A N C T U A R Y

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:55 am

Japanese Schoolgirls wrote:Bump!

Concerning the toxicity of the game , it seems that it has reached its all time high. Even videogamedunkey quit LoL and that's saying something because he's one of the biggest LoL entertainers.

Ironically he quit because he was banned for toxicity.
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:29 pm

Japanese Schoolgirls wrote:Bump!

I've actually been taking a break after my experiences in ranked. This is like, one of the most toxic game communities out there.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:34 pm

I think its especially prone to toxic behaviour because of how the game is set up.

Its a very very punishing game for mistakes and its also relatively easy to make a mistake. The game punishes your entire team in a disproportionate way for the mistake of a single team member.

In a first person shooter, if you are having a bad day and you die a lot, the other team doesn't get ''fed'' in the sense that they don't get to hen wield obscene damage and health bonuses against the rest of the team. You may still end up losing the match, but a really skilled shooter can still turn the tide... there are no stats penalties that disproportionately stack against your team.

Its also inherently a very frustrating game because you fall behind after 1 or several deaths and things tend to snowball. In a shooter you can die a few times and still come back on streak. In this game, falling behind in gold or farm can make your character useless and a complete liability for the rest of the game. Its very unforgiving.

In this context, if someone really cares about winning or losing, he can be very tempted to point the finger to players who are ''feeding'' or who aren't performing up to his standards. And this is because the game makes him personally pay for the mistakes of another when he is forced to fight powerlessly too against over-fed characters.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Socialist Tera
Senator

Founded: Dec 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Tera » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:54 am

They ruined gangplank...
Theistic Satanist, Anarchist, Survivalist, eco-socialist. ex-tankie.

Amistrinal
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Amistrinal » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:31 pm

Hello, league of legends thread. Didn't even know there was one on NS, thank you for starting it Ameri.

I play a lot of league. Been playing for over a year, have every champ (which cost quite a bit and I kind of regret it), and I pretty much never play ranked. I just prefer normals, less stressful.

I'm a bit odd in that I like doing some unorthodox combos. Like sejuani support, or temmo support. Teemo is one of the supports that's mainly useful for damage, And ambushing is very fun. Plus, blinds.
Last edited by Amistrinal on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I enjoy role-playing and ponies. I'm also descended from French kings, English kings, and Vikings. Can't speak anything other than English though.

Current catchphrase: "keep on keepin' on."

Selljoke, Jester of many courts.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Amistrinal wrote:Hello, league of legends thread. Didn't even know there was one on NS, thank you for starting it Ameri.

I play a lot of league. Been playing for over a year, have every champ (which cost quite a bit and I kind of regret it), and I pretty much never play ranked. I just prefer normals, less stressful.

I'm a bit odd in that I like doing some unorthodox combos. Like sejuani support, or temmo support. Teemo is one of the supports that's mainly useful for damage, And ambushing is very fun. Plus, blinds.

The only unorthodox thing I've tried is attack speed and crit items on Sion. Worked about...60% of the time.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Amistrinal wrote:Hello, league of legends thread. Didn't even know there was one on NS, thank you for starting it Ameri.

I've done Leona mid.

The amount of times I've made LeBlanc ironically disappear back with DFG was hilarious. [quote="Infected Mushroom";p="26137586"]I think its especially prone to toxic behaviour because of how the game is set up.
Last edited by Grand Britannia on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction