NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC Thread X [sign-up & planning]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:39 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:And I'm wondering what's up with mentioning BOTH Ouranous and Uranus as GBs. *Looks at Cer, Tilt, and Slobo*

@Tilt: *nodnodnod* Thought so...

/filipinoDodge
/redirectToAgy
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:40 pm

Giovenith wrote:That's okay, Bran. As we speak, I'm trying to explain to Mandi how 4chan and internet trolls are thought by many to be humanity's modern manifestation of the inner beliefs and outlooks that leads to Trickster figures and the concept of "chaos as change" in mythology and folklore. But he doesn't give a shit. As usual.

Mandi's pretty good at that. *Nods*

But eh, I feel as though my lack of knowledge keeps me from doing things.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:43 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Giovenith wrote:That's okay, Bran. As we speak, I'm trying to explain to Mandi how 4chan and internet trolls are thought by many to be humanity's modern manifestation of the inner beliefs and outlooks that leads to Trickster figures and the concept of "chaos as change" in mythology and folklore. But he doesn't give a shit. As usual.

Mandi's pretty good at that. *Nods*

But eh, I feel as though my lack of knowledge keeps me from doing things.

You'll have plenty to do.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:44 pm

So, would Greater Beings be similar to Titans? Chronos was a Titan, and the Titans were greater than the gods.

Or would a Titan be in between?
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Cerillium wrote:You'll have plenty to do.

Well, I know. :p

I'm talking about a while ago.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:And I'm wondering what's up with mentioning BOTH Ouranous and Uranus as GBs. *Looks at Cer, Tilt, and Slobo*

A brief check of the usual suspect online references suggests they're spelling variations of the same name.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm working on the final collab with Swith. We'll change over as soon as she posts it.

What will happen is:

We move to the new OOC. Please take time to READ the very last post of mine. It explains.
We move on to the new IC. PLEASE take the time to read the Prologue. If your character is going with the xenos (you'll understand once you read), you'll need to read Swith's post as well.

(Greater Beings created the Titans. And yes, Ournous and Uranus are the same.)
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:46 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:

A brief check of the usual suspect online references suggests they're spelling variations of the same name.

I think that's what she was getting at. :P
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:48 pm

Also, speaking of the new threads, would Rachelle and Tolya require apps themselves?

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:48 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Also, speaking of the new threads, would Rachelle and Tolya require apps themselves?

Do you intend to play them as player characters? If so, I'd say so.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:50 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
The BranRiech wrote:Also, speaking of the new threads, would Rachelle and Tolya require apps themselves?

Do you intend to play them as player characters? If so, I'd say so.

Rachelle, yes. Tolya, not really (He's still a little toddler)

Fair enough, and was Rylli's app accepted?

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Fair enough, and was Rylli's app accepted?

Ask Cer for all acceptances at the sound of the frozen banana.

#frozenbananasound
mumblemumblemumble

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:A brief check of the usual suspect online references suggests they're spelling variations of the same name.

Figured one of them would be the Roman version until I remembered, stupid me, that Caelus is the Romanized form of the Greek Uranus/Oranous.
First as tragedy, then as farce

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Highfort wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:

Figured one of them would be the Roman version until I remembered, stupid me, that Caelus is the Romanized form of the Greek Uranus/Oranous.

The question is, if someone romances you, do you become a Latinophile?
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Highfort wrote:

The question is, if someone romances you, do you become a Latinophile?

This blew my mind.

Better question: If someone likes kissing necks, can they summon zombies to march in their undead army? (Necromancer)
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:26 pm

ATTENTION PLAYERS
We are moving to the new thread

PERSONIFICATION LIFE: EPIC

New OOC Link: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=353987.
New IC Link: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=354357

Please read over the new OOC prior to posting in the IC. The setting has changed.

To wrap up the old IC:
Night arrived and everyone retreated to their abodes (or to sleep at other Resident's abodes)
and all were in their own bodies, thus
we have no need to know what transpired between now and the start of the new IC. It is a
MAJOR TIME SKIP. Your first IC post should reflect the situation at hand.
We're going into battle.

Cerillium wrote:
Greetings people. Here's a recap of what happened before the change in venue.

The characters all came home and went to their apartments. I don't care what (or who) they did before returning to their apartments. It doesn't matter. They're back in their correct bodies. Itum and Trilb offered a wonderful meal to Velocidoctor and he went to his own place. The weapons discussion ended and Thriller and Brit returned to their places. Max came home as well.

If the characters were NOT in their apartments when the Building jumped, they're gone. No discussion.

They've been awoken from their sleep. It's pandemonium. Please take the time to read the prologue, as well as the following post. Base your posts off that.

Combat: the monsters aren't powerful but there are many of them. Hack, slash, shoot, explode, singe, whatever freely. Keep in PG 13, Swith and Prim and Warp. Players can go to town on this one, showcasing their combat abilities. Likewise, the healer group can make up NPCs to tend to. The villages are frightened, some of them are torn up, and all of them are confused and asking how the Building got there.

Make your first posts GOOD. don't drop in just a few lines in the heat of the moment. Craft something epic. If you want to be part of the xeno assault group, post your characters as running beside them as they hack their way through shit.
Players, do not post HERE. This thread will be locked.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse