NATION

PASSWORD

FAQ Accuracy - Recruitment telegrams

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

FAQ Accuracy - Recruitment telegrams

Postby Consular » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:34 pm

From the NationStates FAQ:

"tag: New<Number> will queue a Telegram for attempted delivery to the next <Number> newly created nations. Be aware, however, that new nations are telegrammed very quickly by very many region recruiters. In order to reduce spam, the system throttles recruitment messages so that nations only receive a few at a time; additionally, new nations have a limited amount of space in their Inbox. This means that many recruitment telegrams wired to new nations will arrive late or not at all—and consume Telegram Stamps even so. There is no special priority for recruitment Telegrams based on how quickly or by which method they are sent: All recruitment Telegrams enter the same queue and exit it in random order."

Specifically I'm interested in this line (emphasis mine):

"There is no special priority for recruitment Telegrams based on how quickly or by which method they are sent: All recruitment Telegrams enter the same queue and exit it in random order."

Is this correct? It was my understanding that there were effectively three recruitment telegram cues, one for manually sent messages, one for stamp messages, and one for API messages. This meant that each method in theory had an equal chance. It also meant a slight advantage for manual recruitment since less would do that, so the cue for manual was shorter and so a manual message was significantly more likely to get through. A round robin as [violet] explains it.

I was looking to rewrite Nai's recruitment guide for clarity and this is something of a conflicting source.
Last edited by Consular on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:04 am

Just going to post a little bump here. Not sure if an admin or whoever manages the FAQ saw this.

Verate
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Verate » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:45 am

Was looking around for info about TG queues and found this. The FAQ page shouldn't say all recruitment TGs enter the same queue regardless of method when, in fact, they enter one of three queues based on the method.

Return to Technical