NATION

PASSWORD

Which Anime are you watching or have watched recently III?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:46 am

Meduka Meguca wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:New Naruto watching record: 10 minutes...

I'll need to wash away the experience now.

How did you manage to survive 10 minutes?

I've watched all of the first series and some of Shippuden. :p
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:20 am

Just watched Jungle de Ikou! It was... interesting?

Pros
Rongo was one of the cutest characters I've seen (mini-Rongo, not tit-Rongo)
Art style, I just love old anime (80s/90s)
Ongo
Tits

Cons
Tits. When the whole point is to have planet sized tits, it's not good.
Overracting. Whale in the city? Let's send 3 fighters and 5 cruisers against it.
Excessive pantyshots. Was this about defeating evil or showing off panties?
Transformation dance. Like, wat. Too long and even more pantyshots, gg.

Pros and cons spoilered because they have spoilers.
Last edited by Cadonica on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:35 pm

Tano wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:Explain.

It's Ameri, logic doesn't apply. If Ameria doesnt like something, then damnit Ameri doesn't like something ;)

Haha, I'm aware. A little while ago I asked what issues he had with Parasyte and he didn't bother with an answer.
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

"Communism was a mistake" ~ (((((((((Karl Marx)))))))))
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Tano
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tano » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Krazakistan wrote:
Tano wrote:It's Ameri, logic doesn't apply. If Ameria doesnt like something, then damnit Ameri doesn't like something ;)

Haha, I'm aware. A little while ago I asked what issues he had with Parasyte and he didn't bother with an answer.

He's still okay in my book. Anyone who likes Sabagebu has to be a decent person. :hug:
Tano Holland
Govindia: Do you consider me a friend, or just an acquaintance or what?
hobbes: I don't particularly consider anyone a true 'friend'
hobbes: at least,not on NS
Govindia: why is that?
hobbes: because
hobbes: everyone here is a jackass
hobbes: myself included

Pixie: *heart sploosh*
Tano: if your heart is splooshing you should contact a doctor
Tano: hearts are supposed to thump not sploosh
Pixie: No this is normal
Pixie: intense emotion causes me to hemorrage internally
Pixie: my life is like a really depressing comedic episode of The X-Files

Khron: we need an achievment of rem's face just for Tano
Pixie: haha
Pixie: "be Tano"

Brunhilde: My quotes should be in more signatures.

Also known as Takane or Terisclu

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Tano wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:Haha, I'm aware. A little while ago I asked what issues he had with Parasyte and he didn't bother with an answer.

He's still okay in my book. Anyone who likes Sabagebu has to be a decent person. :hug:

I have nothing against Ameri. He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity.

Anyway, I'm considering watching some of the shows in the Fate/ series, but Idk where to start. I know that Fate/Zero is a prequel, but should I watch that before or after Fate/Stay Night? Also should I watch the remake of Fate/Stay Night or the 2006 version?
Last edited by Krazakistan on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity.

And...sigged.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Vakgor
Civilian

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vakgor » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello, I've always been a bit interested in anime but have never been able to find anything, could you guys recommend a show that is in English is not to complicated. Thanks <3 when I ask elsewhere people start arguing :(
We is gonna stomp da universe flat and kill anyfink that fights back. we're da Orks, and was made ta fight and win.
-Da bestest Ork dat ever Waaaghed.

Cadonica
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cadonica » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Vakgor wrote:Hello, I've always been a bit interested in anime but have never been able to find anything, could you guys recommend a show that is in English is not to complicated. Thanks <3 when I ask elsewhere people start arguing :(

If you love them violent and gory, Hellsing.
If you want action that's not just senseless gore, Gunsmith Cats and Riding Bean are good starting points.

Though gotta admit, my anime pool is rather small so far :p
Last edited by Cadonica on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC
Steam, Last.fm, RYM
Call me Cad or Sisu.
That's what they said:Once you go black metal...

That's what I said:
That Finnish bastard. ~2011
Sleeping is overrated. ~2012
I'm only gay with females. ~2013
Wings are sexy and you know it! ~2013.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Krazakistan wrote:
Tano wrote:He's still okay in my book. Anyone who likes Sabagebu has to be a decent person. :hug:

I have nothing against Ameri. He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity.

Anyway, I'm considering watching some of the shows in the Fate/ series, but Idk where to start. I know that Fate/Zero is a prequel, but should I watch that before or after Fate/Stay Night? Also should I watch the remake of Fate/Stay Night or the 2006 version?

Release order: F/SN->F/Z->F/SN UBW(2014)
Chronological order: F/Z->F/SN->F/SN UBW(2014)
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Stuffed stuffing
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 24, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stuffed stuffing » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:29 pm

Krazakistan wrote:Anyway, I'm considering watching some of the shows in the Fate/ series, but Idk where to start. I know that Fate/Zero is a prequel, but should I watch that before or after Fate/Stay Night? Also should I watch the remake of Fate/Stay Night or the 2006 version?

I'd argue watching at least one of the two Stay Night ones before Zero, 'cause there's bits of Stay Night that are simply put more interesting if you don't already know the events of Zero.
As it is, 2006 Fate/Stay Night was fairly mediocre, but maybe worth a watch anyway? Especially since the remake isn't precisely a remake. It's a different path of the source VN. It's hardly the same plot at all, really.
Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and Zero are both quite solid, though.
Eww, that incoherent language there. I appear to have forgotten how to english </3
Last edited by Stuffed stuffing on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just make a contract with me, and become a magical girl~

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:37 pm

New haven america wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:I have nothing against Ameri. He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity.

Stuffed stuffing wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:Anyway, I'm considering watching some of the shows in the Fate/ series, but Idk where to start. I know that Fate/Zero is a prequel, but should I watch that before or after Fate/Stay Night? Also should I watch the remake of Fate/Stay Night or the 2006 version?

I'd argue watching at least one of the two Stay Night ones before Zero, 'cause there's bits of Stay Night that are simply put more interesting if you don't already know the events of Zero.
As it is, 2006 Fate/Stay Night was fairly mediocre, but maybe worth a watch anyway? Especially since the remake isn't precisely a remake. It's a different path of the source VN. It's hardly the same plot at all, really.
Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and Zero are both quite solid, though.
Eww, that incoherent language there. I appear to have forgotten how to english </3

Hm. I watched the first two episodes of F/Z but I suppose I'll put it on-hold until I finish F/SN UBW since I've heard that it's better than the '06 version (although I will give the '06 a watch in due time).

Political Compass:

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Khazrihistal
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Khazrihistal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Vakgor wrote:Hello, I've always been a bit interested in anime but have never been able to find anything, could you guys recommend a show that is in English is not to complicated. Thanks <3 when I ask elsewhere people start arguing :(

InuYasha is a classic starter anime. It was my first and I think it was quite good but it's a long one. Luckily for you they recently gave it the proper ending that you see in the manga. Evangelion was quite popular but the ending was .....
Deathnote, Full Metal Alchemist ORIGINAL version, Ghost in the Shell, etc...
And when you are ready for something a bit shocking, Elfen Lied.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Khazrihistal wrote:

InuYasha is a classic starter anime. It was my first and I think it was quite good but it's a long one. Luckily for you they recently gave it the proper ending that you see in the manga. Evangelion was quite popular but the ending was .....
Deathnote, Full Metal Alchemist ORIGINAL version, Ghost in the Shell, etc...
And when you are ready for something a bit shocking, Elfen Lied.

I started InuYasha a while back, and it sort of fell off my radar. I should get back to it sometime.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:47 pm

Halo Legends, found the different styles very interesting.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Just started watching the first episode of High School DxD.
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:59 pm

Mirakai wrote:Just started watching the first episode of High School DxD.

Oh yes.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:05 am

Come for the boobies.
Stay for the awesomeness.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Stuffed stuffing
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 24, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Stuffed stuffing » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:52 am

New haven america wrote:
Krazakistan wrote:I have nothing against Ameri. He is a horse of negativity for the sake of negativity.

Ooh, don't forget the F/SN UBW movie Studio DEEN did. It's awful, but I guess it exists, or something? :roll:
Just make a contract with me, and become a magical girl~

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:55 am

Ameriganastan wrote:

Come for the boobies.

Kill la Kill in a nutshell

Political Compass:

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:33 am

Krazakistan wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Come for the boobies.

Kill la Kill in a nutshell

Except HDXD is better.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:56 am

Vancon wrote:Except HDXD is better.

Yup.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:29 am

I'm watching Ranma 1/2 from the beginning for the first time. It's always been something I've dipped in and out of at different points but I'm bound to have missed out some episodes here and there.
Are these "human rights" in the room with us right now?
★彡 Professional pessimist. Reactionary socialist and gamer liberationist. Coffee addict. Fun at parties 彡★
Freedom is when people agree with you, and the more people you can force to act like they agree the freer society is
You are the trolley problem's conductor. You could stop the train in time but you do not. Nobody knows you're part of the equation. You satisfy your bloodlust and get away with it every time

Eol Sha
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eol Sha » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:24 am

Any criteria?
You'd better believe I'm a bitter Bernie Sanders supporter. The Dems fucked up and fucked up hard. Hopefully they'll learn that neoliberalism and maintaining the status quo isn't the way to win this election or any other one. I doubt they will, though.

"What's the number one method of achieving civil rights in America? Don't scare the white folks." ~ Eol Sha

Praise be to C-SPAN - Democrats Should Listen to Sanders - How I Voted on November 8, 2016 - Trump's Foreign Policy: Do Stupid Shit - Trump's Clock is Ticking

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:33 am

Dumb Ideologies wrote:I'm watching Ranma 1/2 from the beginning for the first time. It's always been something I've dipped in and out of at different points but I'm bound to have missed out some episodes here and there.

It's a Takahashi show. Does it matter if you missed an episode? They'll just repeat the formula a few episode down the road.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Meduka Meguca
Envoy

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Meduka Meguca » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:54 am

Krazakistan wrote:
Tano wrote:He's still okay in my book. Anyone who likes Sabagebu has to be a decent person. :hug:

Ufotable's Unlimited Blade Works kinda assumes you've seen Fate/Zero first, the problem is one spoils the other, without exception, so either you watch Fate/Zero first then Unlimited Blade Works (because no one in their right mind would willingly watch Deen's versions) or you read Fate/Stay Night's VN and then watch Fate/Zero.
Make a contract, and become meguca!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction