NATION

PASSWORD

The black, The White, The Estranged (World-building)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

The black, The White, The Estranged (World-building)

Postby Saleon » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:02 pm

On December 21st 20XX a mysterious explosion occurred in the city of [redacted]. millions were killed or went missing. The explosion can still be seen today as if frozen in time. The area is now covered in a a mysterious black fog with a black spire towering above the city. This is known as the Devil's Spire. On June 21st of the next year, a similar event happened in a city just [redacted] miles away, with a thick white fog and a similarly porcelain spire erected in the center. This is known as the Angel's Spire. The government has tried to step in, from keeping people out of the cities, to hushing up the whole event. Despite their best efforts, most governments know of the events that day, but few citizens have any knowledge. Of course, it's a little different for people who reside within the country. Life has changed and so have people. It's a crazy life with no clue how one will end up. The lines have grown harder to draw between good and evil, and it's hard to call life a walk in the park.

"We all try and live lives normally, from school to work to church, everything. But we all know hat happens out in the two spires, and what comes back from the spires. We can't all call foul for every contractor, as we've come to colloquially call them, but the world does seem dimmer, and dimmer, and dimmer. It's hard, but we just go on, y'know?"

Welcome to The Black, The White, The Estranged. We are only in the worldbuilding stages as of yet, but With a lot of help, I hope we can have a fun and exciting experience. Inspired by the anime Darker Than Black.

----IC----Archive----Worldbuild----OOC----

Helpful documents

Contractors
Contractors, from either gate, exude extraordinary powers, but at two major costs, they lose their strongest emotion, as has come to be called, their quintessence. The other cost is related to your power, to recharge it you must commit the act you hate the most. This act, nicknamed The Curse, can vary from studying to smoking, to slicing your arms. It is said a contractor is born every two weeks.

After all is said and done, you are hated. An outcast. an enemy. Whether you are a good guy or a bad guy, black or white, you are dangerous. The government may hunt you down and this new thing about you becomes a big secret. So don't tell your secret away. You can't play fair in this world and expect that you may struggle to just survive, just keep on going... and again, don't tell people your new secret.
Signers
Signers are more of a failed experiment. They are removed from only the most basic emotions and mostly run on an impulse to survival. They can follow orders, as dark as that sounds, but not anything else lest it removes them from danger. They still have an interesting power, but whereas contractors vary, signers are much more uniform. They have the ability to see through far distances by sending their "ghost" through electrical wires or reflective surfaces. It is said a signer is born every week.

If you became a signer, um... better... luck... next... time? Best tip is hope you don't get into a lot of trouble. Some Signers have gotten into some dark scenarios. We won't talk about that... for now. Just better find a good friend to hang around.

Many signers find themselves with other contractors. They keep them around considering their usefulness and contractors keep them safe. Simple as that. too simple? get better grades in school then.
Code: Select all
[b]Nation name:[/b]
[b]Do you intend to join this rp or just help with worldbuilding?[/b]
[b]Do you have any roleplaying experience?[/b]
[b]Do you have any worldbuilding experience?[/b]
[b]Do you want to be one of my Co-Ops? if so, give me one reason you think you fit the job.[/b]
Last edited by Saleon on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Things to add:

the syndicate (or similar groups)
map
a detailed timeline
story ideas
whatever you/we come up with
Co-Ops
Make me a sandvich
Stuff
Last edited by Saleon on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

reserved

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Need a map?

What sort of map?

I can make it interactive.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:53 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Need a map?

What sort of map?

city map

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Saleon wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Need a map?

What sort of map?

city map

Umm... I'll take a look around.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:59 pm

Nation name:
Faal Lot Himdah
Do you intend to join this rp or just help with worldbuilding?
Will join and help
Do you have any roleplaying experience?
Yes
Do you have any worldbuilding experience?
Yes
Do you want to be one of my Co-Ops? if so, give me one reason you think you fit the job.
I wouldn't mind, but if you find someone more qualified, you should go with them. I am good at making maps and build lore.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse