NATION

PASSWORD

PL IC Thread IX++ //Oddsbodikins & Atomic Kittens//

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:41 pm

The smell of diesel was an odd one, a certain odor that was strangely pleasant yet altogether not. But it was familiar, the smell of the fumes, the rumbling of the approaching behemoth, the squeal of the brakes as the large white and rectangle came to a halt mere inches from the sidewalk - a testament to the driver's spatial awareness borne out of experience and time. The exhale of the engine was like a deep breath let out after a full sprint, the whine of its gears opened a folded entrance that stopped with a few clinks, letting out a breeze of cool air thanks to its air conditioner. It reminded him of his London, where holding your breath was a norm and exhaling came under someone else’s blessing.

While most would protest to the chilly rush of the cool air that was the bus' welcome, Hunter readily accepted it having spent the night in the blur of darkness and shadow. Like the exhale of the engine, Hunter had let loose his own deep breathe; his task was finally over.

"Good morning," the driver, a middle aged bald man with one too many wrinkles that spoke volumes with every line, greeted the Nevidian complete with a good natured smile. The driver got the barest of nods in return, a murmur back in greeting while Hunter slipped the dollar note into the pay receptacle and moved inside in search for an empty seat.

This must have been one of the first stops, Hunter surmised, noticing his ample choice of seats for the rest of the journey back to the Building. He took a seat roughly in the middle and noticed a few others came in behind him as well; a tired mother and her young son; a college student with books hugged close to her taking her seat quickly so she could reopen her textbook; an old man with a newspaper and a well worn cardigan and slacks; on it went as the bus became lightly occupied and the doors closed after a minute. A second squeal of the mechanical gears popped its doors back into place while the engines took a deep breath, preparing itself for another sprint as it moved away from the sidewalk. Hunter took a deep breath as well, out of habit and experience, physical memory overriding any common sense that he wasn't the one on the run. The back of his head couldn't agree to that statement.

The Nevidian kept to himself, preferring not to look and study the passengers on board. There was no point in it, they were the same as everyone else in the end; getting about their lives, completely unaware of the dangers that loomed so close. Or perhaps it was fear of accepting reality that kept them to their routines. Hunter could never figure out the reasoning, but it never failed to be classified as 'flight' rather than fight. He was something of an expert on the latter until recently.

Seated near the center of the bus, close to the rear exit, the former resistance fighter spared a brief glimpse of the passengers in front of him, noting the paltry few as he wondered if any of them had the gumption to take a stand if they were forced to. Most didn't, most wouldn't, and why would they? Their livelihoods would be on the line: families, friends... a future. Those he helped tonight with the Underground had lost all that here and he could only despair at the thought of how many more would suffer the same fate. Bielefeld was quiet for the time being, now that 13 failed, it felt as though one finally had the permission to breathe again. But for how long? Not when there was still people being targeted for no reason other than being something else.

"How long indeed?" Came a firm masculine voice that caught Hunter off guard. He tried not to jump, keeping his arms crossed so not to show any reaction. He looked up, just in time to see a middle aged man take the seat next to him, as though there were familiars sharing a ride.

"I apologize, I hadn't meant to startle you," the man said with a sincere smile. His eyes were sky blue and there moved quickly, as though spotting things around Hunter's head. "You broadcast your surface thoughts quite loudly, I must say. Fortunately, I can only pick it up at close proximity and I thought I'd approach you."

"And you are?" Hunter asked with a bit of heat behind his words, understandably feeling threatened even if the old man looked to be no threat to him.

"You're right; I mean you no harm. My name is Reeves."

"Well, Reeves," the Nevidian gritted his jaw and scowled at him, "Would you stop doing whatever it is you’re doing? It’s unnerving."

"Of course, again, I apologize. I'm so used to having a swirl of jumbled random thoughts that I forget to 'turn it off'," Reeves responded, going as far as making bunny fingers to emphasize his point. He lowered his hands, clasping his hands in front. "I'm sure you're wondering why I've approached you."

"You could say that."

The smile came back, albeit a bit bigger and only deepened the young man's suspicions. Hunter waited for the man to say something, but the old man would only point forward to indicate that new passengers were coming on board. Perhaps it was out of courtesy that they left the duo to their private conservation as the seat in front and behind were left empty. Or perhaps it was Reeves doing, Hunter wondered.

After a pregnant pause and the rumble of the engines as it sprinted to its next destination provided the perfect muffling needed for Reeves to continue, "I represent a group that wishes to bring an end to all that's been happening in this fair city."

Hunter made a slow nod, finally understanding and feeling no less threatened. "So this isn't a random occurrence. You've been following me."

A (large) part of the Nevidian panicked internally. How far was he compromised? How much did they already know? How did they know? Why did they choose him? The list went on and Hunter wondered if any of this was broadcasting as loudly as Reeves claimed his surface thoughts did, or if the man kept the courtesy to not pry.

"Just you, actually," Reeves admitted with a light shrug that distracted Hunter from his own worries. "We've been watching, mainly because we know you're one of the Residents, but you look human. You blend in without so much as a notice from the all seeing eyes that travel the city nowadays. We thought you’d might prove to be an asset to our team."

"And just how long have you been watching? And why?"

Reeves smiled then, "I wouldn't be very good at what I do if I let out all my secrets, Hunter. Suffice to say we've watched you when we can, and not much else. Partly because we work under the radar as much as possible and partly because our… abilities, if you will, do not extend very far. It’s a blessing and hinderance at the same time. As I’ve mentioned, we know you're part of the people that live in the Building; but also that you've got a much different past than most; and that you work at the tea shop by the Market District. But Lord only knows why; capable young man such as yourself could do more good than helping an elderly couple make scones and cookies and serving high tea."

"It pays well," Hunter said shortly, straightening his posture that registered to Reeves as his cue to take a different seat. "Look whatever this is..."

"Have you ever wondered how many more would suffer under the rule of this city's new regime?" Reeves interrupted, hitting the core of Hunter's worries that stopped the young man from saying or doing anything more. The old man tilted his head slightly, "Hmm? And what if they did take over? And what if more and more of us are targeted, indiscriminately (not that we aren't now, you understand), but wanton unrestrained violence? Would you keep running or would you make a stand? And just how far must this injustice go before someone, anyone, takes action into their own hands and pave the future?"

Hunter sighed, "Look I've heard this whole song and dance before. You're not telling me anything that I haven't thought about and worried on.."

"In sleepless nights,” Reeves said with an appreciative nod, as though he knew himself how those were. Or perhaps he went back to picking at Hunter’s surface thoughts. “Of course," the older man continued, the smile returning to warmth and understanding, almost paternal, "I'm simply letting you know of an opportunity… with my group."

The bus came to a stop and Reeves got up after the brakes grinded the vehicle to a halt, Its engines rumbled with guarded tolerance as a few passengers boarded and disembarked. Reeves was one of them, but not before taking out a card from the pocket of his cardigan with a phone number printed in the center of it. He extended his arm, letting the card sit between his fingers for Hunter to take, "Should you decide."

The young man looked up, studying the other’s pleasant demeanor with a weary eye; eventually he took the card, getting a nod in return for accepting it. "Until then, Hunter,” Reeves said, “Take care."

The bus peeled from the sidewalk, Reeves not looking in the window as the man disappeared into the crowd. The engines whined with effort as it propelled its passengers forward and the many buildings it passed became a shifting blur as it leapt to its next destination. When the bus stopped near the Building and exhaled its familiar huff for exerting itself, Hunter didn’t do the same.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:42 am

"One thing I miss about being Queen of Arkadacia... the pyrotechnics." An orange-haired, slightly feral looking rabbit-creature pushed her way through the front doors of the place known as "The Building". She'd criticize it, but she had literally named her grand, private mountain fortress "The House", so she wasn't one to talk. "Normally whenever I walk through a door I'd have at least seven singers announcing my presence and flamethrowers firing off into the air."

Adrisal followed a short distance behind. She had spent a bit of time... away from Bielefeld, so to speak. Her mission was maintained from a distance, of course. She had caught up with her elder sister, gone on a great many adventures, and was now back on schedule, so to speak. The two were in a state of aimless wandering until the Kingdom of Arkadacia needed another Iracuse on the throne. That'd be a while. "You're forgetting that you're supposed to at least attempt a low profile while we're out and about. The last thing this city needs after the abhuman crisis is to find out that there's an abhuman equivalent to Joan of Arc minus the dying part running around town. They'll feel threatened."

"For damned good reason." Crysal snorted as she approached the front table, tapping her hand on it and standing on her tiptoes. Her aggressive, rrr-filled Iracusian accent was a strange sight... sound, even. It was strange in combination with her appearance, at any rate. "I'm here to get my room keys."

Adri lifted a hand and smiled softly. She was a little more ragged after being off for so long. One of her ears appeared to have been chewed on and missing a small chunk. On the bright side, she'd finally got herself a fake eye, and it mimicked her surviving one rather convincingly.

No matter the circumstance, Adri was glad to be back in Bielefeld.
Last edited by TotallyNotEvilLand on Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:07 pm

Cerillium wrote:Yesterday's Underworld Times exploded in a small atomic cloud shaped plume of sulfuric goodness.

Sandy wistfully watched the miniature mushroom cloud boil up from the table, a wry frown on his face. He quietly mused aloud as the top of the smoke reached eye level. "A heavily Veiled enchantment, maybe? A bit of clever alchemy?" He nodded at the ex-newspaper, then turned to Giovenith. "Last night's Underworld Times; Amanda grabbed it for me, but I didn't get a chance to read it. Have you ever read it?" Without waiting for an answer, Sandy quietly excused himself, set the two mugs down on another table, and flipped on a few of the exhaust fans over the kitchen's ranges.

As he walked back to the table where he left the mugs, he watched Giovenith eat a cookie. "Would you like something more substantial for breakfast? Something to drink, at least?"
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Even to someone like Primordial who used them for a living DEiMOS’s never truly lost their mysterious or horrific nature. There was something naturally upsetting to mortal mind about a device or creature like this that could so easily break down the most basic rules of how we perceived the universe to behave. The fact was humankind and most species flattered themselves with much more knowledge of reality than any of them actually had. Even the Luxan Empire who could tap into the real science and nature universe were only able to skim the surface and only at immense risk to their body, minds and souls. Truly the whole of creation something only the Outer Gods truly understood.

None the less Primordial was resolved to figure out as much of it as he could. As he injected a charnel lurking Worldscape designation into the central computer of the DEiMOS he could feel it become ready to fold galaxies and stars. He double checked the various runes and talismans hanging about the central control room making sure none of them were out of place and that all of them were intact. These various runes were wards against different catastrophes and cataclysms which could occur in the DEiMOS and Aegis often referred to them as airbags and fire sprinklers. The analogy was accurate but since then Primordial added many more to protect against malignant types of Magik, Arcanotech, and Higher Realities.

The flaw many people made when fighting these sort of things was to assume that “Magic” was all one individual force and trying to counter it as such. This showed a real lack of understanding about how “Magic” actually worked and what it meant. Creating an “Anti-magic” device was about as silly as making an “Anti-science” device. What does it stop? The tides, Gravity, electricity? Does it mess up human behavior by stopping psychology? Does it cause atoms to stop holding things together? “Magic” isn’t a force or a single field of study, it’s an entire system of science and technology which deals with the unseeable and unknowable. Intrinsic fields are a necessary part of gravity and why our hearts beat. Chemicals react the way they do because certain higher realities exist and without them atomic bonds and energy would dissipate.

The proper way to stop something related to Magik, Arcanotech, or Higher Realities was to be specific in what exactly you wanted to protect yourself from. Choose a single spell or a single effect and build something to counter it. Certain styles of methods of “Magic” could be stopped more easily than others but no there were millions of different styles. That was why the DEiMOS was filled with hundreds of different protection seals, counter nanites, casket fields and other strange defense mechanisms. You needed different tools to stop different things there wasn’t any catch all defense or method to protect yourself.

Of course in addition Primordial had many mundane forms of protections against things which didn’t relate to those cosmic nigh-omnipotent forces. Things like Cordolaine fields to stop bullets, non-Euclidian phase shielding to protect against explosions, and ReAnima bombs to revive those once dead. Primordial had added many of these things but most of them were designed and organized by Aegis who was always the more concerned about wellbeing than him or Insidious.

After a few moments he turned back to the DEiMOS’s central console which looked like a gothic stained glass window combined with a futuristic keyboard and began double checking all of the important systems before the space folding occurred. The DEiMOS had two main ways of travel, the first was the long range space folding which involed using event horizons and iridescence gateway wells to physical make the distance between two points in the universe closer together. When folding a universe it did leaves creases but those would almost always flatten out so long as you were sure to fold at a place filled with unimportant submatter. It also meant that you created a lot of energy from the bend in space time but this was actually beneficial since that energy could be absorbed by the DEiMOS to power it for the next several years. The other method involved entering an empty to nearly empty higher or lower reality and move throw those at near light speeds. Since those realties had radically different natural laws one had to adapt to them or have a well-protected capsule. Of course this was all just an over simplification of very abstract and complex concepts which had trillions of interworking parts and rules. The DEiMOS had a great way to disproving or reaffirming all of mankind’s scientists and philosophers whenever the keys were turned but it was never easy to tell which.

Today the DEiMOS’s location was a simple one. Home. Primordial had these quadrants as the safety and ICE locations for almost every situation. But today he was just picking up his friends. As space folded he felt a tearing sensation grip his hear like it always did and his vision was filled with images of lost planets burning in cauldrons of cosmic fire while gibbering horrors danced across the cones and rods in his eyes make colors look alive and malevolent. An unreal presence seemed to barge its way through the room barely constrained by the power of the protective runes he had put up and he could see other icons flashing on the screen about various strange effects occurring across the ship. None of them stood out as incredibly important or dangerous. These where the bumps and turns on the unspeakable highway of madness throughout the universe and were to be expected. This time however Primordial could tell his mind was growing heavy so he was happy when the ride finally ended.

Shortly afterward Primordial opened the primary portal to the outside world to see the happy bubbling face of Insidious and gold plated head of Aegis. They exchanged familiar greetings as Primordial helped them into the DEiMOS and they spent several hours bringing in additional baggage and supplied. Most of their supplies where personnel effects, books, their own computers and other knick knacks that reminded Primordial that not everything in Luxa was that different from Bielefeld. They had a few extra relics and strange devices to add to Primordials artificer room as well which pique Primordials interested. As they moved in and got acquainted Primordial began driving the DEiMOS back to Dabfia’s World (The official Luxan designation for the Personification life universe which Primordial had submitted) going through the normal motions of realigning space-time and spatial synchronization.

Eventually though the three of them were back in their home away from home of Bielefeld and gathered in there incredibly Victorian foyer for a small meal and to discuss they’re future.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:58 pm

With the full intention of a quick and efficient delivery, Willow politely knocked on the Raptor family, hoping they weren't out or too busy. They hadn't given him a deadline for their commission, but none the less he didn't like to keep customers waiting that long. Might as well get this out of the way first and foremost, with the upcoming PR work it would be too easy for forget about his smaller obligations.

--

"Mm-mm," Giovenith shook her head, mouth full of cookie. "When I was younger my mom wouldn't let me read it..." She paused. "Don't know about now though, I don't ask her about as many things these days. I'll get breakfast for myself."

By that, she meant mix as many cereals as she could together, and proceeded to search for the ingredients to do so. "So do you know if because 13 failed, we're still staying here as long as we originally planned?"
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:03 pm

"Oh, yeah, we haven't really talked before. I'm Katya. So, what did she say? Oh, well, she just always talked about how you were cool, like the rest of her friends, but that you needed to hang out more. Giovenith and Yuna are her best friends, I think, but I feel like she gets tired of them sometimes."

Katya shifted in her seat and grinned. "Oh, you had an interesting night? I know you and my sister went to that dance together, and you were each others' Valentines. I certainly hope you're not messing around with her, though.", She leaned in. "Nothing against you personally, but I take my role seriously. I don't like people getting too close to my little sister."
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:36 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:"Oh, yeah, we haven't really talked before. I'm Katya. So, what did she say? Oh, well, she just always talked about how you were cool, like the rest of her friends, but that you needed to hang out more. Giovenith and Yuna are her best friends, I think, but I feel like she gets tired of them sometimes."

Katya shifted in her seat and grinned. "Oh, you had an interesting night? I know you and my sister went to that dance together, and you were each others' Valentines. I certainly hope you're not messing around with her, though.", She leaned in. "Nothing against you personally, but I take my role seriously. I don't like people getting too close to my little sister."

It took Drova a moment before he realized in what context Katya meant by "Messing around" and he instantly froze up. He knew he should tell the truth, but if Katya was even more firebrand than Torii, he knew the reaction would be far less than pleasant. "Well . . . Not in that sense, but we did kiss." He said truthfully, looking to the floor. "We both blacked out when that huge party happened, Zalgofest, right? And we came to, in a kiss."

He sighed, reliving the memory in his mind, their lips caressed in the other's warm embrace, all cares in the world gone.

"I don't remember much from the actual party, but I assure you, I would never do anything against your sister's wishes. She's an awesome friend."

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:06 pm

"That's good to hear.", Katya said. She began to laugh. "And good for you two, I suppose. My sister is into girls, I think, but hey, I won't argue if I see you two together. She's a clingy kid, though. Don't worry, I'm not going to bite your head off, at least not yet."

She hopped up and quickly walked across the room, back to the stove. "Let me check the food. Anyways, I'm just making sure. Torii's friend, Tsu, is a nice girl, but she isn't a very good girlfriend. I want to make sure nothing happens again. You seem nice. Anyway, do you have any plans after this? We don't have much to do, so we just find something to do. Tora is an intern for those crazy raptors. She never really talks about what happens when she disappears for a while, so I'm always worried."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Giovenith wrote:"I'll get breakfast for myself."

By that, she meant mix as many cereals as she could together, and proceeded to search for the ingredients to do so. "So do you know if because 13 failed, we're still staying here as long as we originally planned?"

Sandy shrugged at Giovenith's disinterest in something to drink. "Suit yourself." A bit puzzling, but-- Sandy watched as she rounded up a number of different kinds of cereal, then smiled and nodded at a returning memory. I didn't eat any better when I was her age; she may have thought I was being a pushy adult, trying to inflict my notions of "proper" adult eating on her. I figured that out one myself in time; I guess she will too.

Sandy conjured orange juice into his mug and watched Giovenith for a few seconds, thinking about how to answer her question. "What we are doing is a difficult question. Amanda wants to return to our apartment immediately. The Observatory is too far away from the people she needs to talk to. I'd prefer to stay here for a few days at least. We'll have to work something out, since we have just one car."

"However, even with Thirteen's defeat, I expect we'll have patients sooner or later, and I need to prepare cures and alchemetical intermediates for that. There's a number of people here I'd like to talk to, the Observatory sits on a ley node I'm curious about, and... well, you get the idea."

Sandy paused and waggled his head a bit before going on; he wasn't very certain of any course of further action. "But whether you should stay or not...? Well, I can only give you my opinion, and honesly, it's not the best. Amanda met with Ocho, now-Representative Itum, and Captain Blackwater after she left lunch yesterday. Our position in the city is very tenuous: nobody but mundanes has any rights. Maybe you knew that; we didn't. There are apparently divisions among our side -- as much as we have a side -- as well: supernaturals don't get along with... um, 'anthros' or 'xenos', and so on. I'd like to get advice from people who seem to know situation better than I do: Adrastus, Blackwater, maybe some others, before I plan too far into the future. And I certainly wouldn't object to your advice, either: you have more experience in this world than I do. But... that's what I'd recommend: learn more, then decide what to do and where to stay."

Sandy's thoughts seemed to crystalize, and he made another comment with greater resolve. "In some sense, though, part of my strategic thinking hasn't changed much since the Residents' Meeting: if we're going change the mundanes' opinion of us, we need to show the mundanes more favorable uses of magic than what they've unfortunately seen from us before. Healing is one kind, but there are others I know of, and I'm sure you and the other spell-casters know yet more. Blackwater nixed showing healing directly -- one reason I want to talk to her is to get an explanation of her 'secret weapon' line -- but there are other ways of using it."

"We'll need to verify that that's a good idea, but I have trouble believing otherwise. The sick and dying rarely object to how they get better, and I think their loved ones will turn a blind eye if they don't like magic. If you agree, well, I think we should try to work together, and then we should both be in the same place, wherever that is."
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Scarface answered Willow's knock promptly, looking down on the small equine he stood aside. "Greetings Mr. Willow. Master Neil and Mistress Gretta are in. Unwinding in the trophy room. This way." he spoke and held out his tree trunk of an arm out to indicate the way. The hall curved a bit, in such a way that one could not see the end even if it were 20 feet ahead.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:59 pm

"Hmm..." Giovenith prepared her cereal in silence as she allowed Sandy to talk, walking about and fetching what she needed while still keeping her ears open. By the time she had sat down and started pushing her cereal bits down into the milk, she wasn't looking her hopeful, and she let loose a long sigh before looking back up at the adult. "I guess it was a suspected thing, but I didn't know for sure it went that far. It's definitely for the best that I stay then, if only because I don't have a means of traveling myself, I don't have a problem with it either way. But still, all that..."

The girl took a quick break to take her first two bites of her breakfast, trying to get an even scoop of the three cereal types each time. The cereal was good, but it didn't do much to lighten her mood.

"... You know, I already talked about this a little bit with Willow before, but this is honestly a very overwhelming situation," she explained. "I know that sounds obvious, but really. I know everyone likes to tell me, 'you're a godling Gio, you can take anything' and 'you're a Creator's daughter, you're special, you'll know what to do', and it's not that I think I'm worthless, but just because I'm a god doesn't mean I stop also being an eighteen year old child. I can heal, I can do a little magic, heck, I could probably convince at least one person to change their minds about EB's if I had the time and opportunity, but there's still so much beyond that that I just can't even hope to touch." She suddenly found herself reluctant to take more bites. "We have to try out best, but there's only so many of us, and there's only so much we're all capable of doing. Maybe it just seems rough now because it's the beginning, but... I guess when the journey is so long, it's hard to see the end, and it can make you question if you should even try to make it at all."

Refusing to get too mopey about it, she took in a healing sigh and pushed the weight off with that mini rant. "But I can't get too worked up over things outside my control. I'm going to stay here and heal the best I can, and hope that my part contributes. Whatever else may come will comes. As for you, if you and Amanda are going to be working in different areas, you might want to find another way to get around even if you aren't staying here. It's just better if you're both able to move fast in an emergency, you know?"

--

"Good day, Mister Scarface," the pony painter greeted, flying after the butler as he lead the way. "I just came to deliver the commission they ordered, I'll be out of all your manes in a flash, like to keep good business after all. All your own works sold very well at the festival, by the way. The money from that and the payment from this commission are going to charity." Smalltalk, but relevant.
she/her

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:54 am

Neste was in her element. Well, one of them, at least. Had anyone asked, she would have said the sun glinted particularly well off one of her facets this morning.

Stones - be they pebbles in a stream or the rocks scattered by digging - served as transcendent symbols in the eyes of a species that tended to treat them with more reverence than was necessary. But the most prized of these was the pristine gemstone It both raw and cut form, for it served as the archetype for their existence. If higher constructs were these stones, then the Nifid were the universe's skilled lapidaries. Most lizards were smooth and flat and thus ideal for an engraving. Others had been allowed to grow inside their geodes, and when they emerged, they were bigger and stronger, and had sides that could be carved. Some - the Overseers and Dominion Lords - grew so big that they burst from their geodes on their own, and forever carried the shell with them. Thus the exo was an object of reverence.

Of course, a gemstone or pebble manifesting in a geode was scientifically impossible, which is why construct religion is not called construct science nor construct philosophy. Theirs was a blind faith based upon the fact that the Nifid, being "gods", could do whatever they damn well pleased ergo they formed the rocks amidst the crystal in order to carve them later on. Neste, for all her intelligence, clung to the symbology found in her faith. And so - after putting down food for Sentia in case the animal turned up - the construct setting into the chair to consider the man seated across from her.

Septimus was not a stone carver. He was a nipaph, or 'one that utilizes', and that was just as good. Some men like him choose to wield their stone as a weapon, lobbing it with deadly accuracy at a foe. Others chose to amuse themselves by skipping theirs over smooth water to see how far it could go and how many ripples it could make. Neither of these stones was able to return to the hand that cast it. The wise nepaph knew better, for he placed the stone in his pocket and brought it out only when he was in need of a facet. At all other times, he kept it warm and safe, wrapped in protection that was just as soothing as the geode the stone sprang from. And, of course, it was the hope of every construct that a nepaph would one day stand up to the gods and proclaim that the stone was rightfully theirs, having been their companions for so long that the stone had been somewhat reshaped by pocket and by the hand of the being that now claimed it.

These thoughts and more trickled through the construct's mind as she sat across the table and nibbled her toast. All the while, Scel snarled in displeasure in a corner of her mind - her pilot had oppressed the Agymnum's AI, an egregious action of unspeakable malice that caused a point of contention between the construct's minds, despite (or perhaps regardless of) her desire to protect Septimus from the machine that sought to control and damage him. But that is an exposition for a different day, and nobody wants to hear an exoskeleton of Scel's mass and girth whine so early in the morning, especially following a Zalgofest whereby half the town was severely hung over and intolerant of any noise, even one as minuscule as cockroach fart between the walls.

"Indeed I have, although I wouldn't fret too much about Zalgo," Neste refilled Septimus tea before pouring out her own. "It causes insanity, death and destruction of the world, corrupting it as it manifest itself. I suppose It's much like the Luxan ambassadors' gods in that regard. But It's also capricious. Just because It turns up somewhere doesn't mean It's going to negatively assert itself."

Neste's lips pursed as she set the kettle down. Had he been anyone else, Neste would have refrained from giving further opinion. Septimus was different, she reminded herself, and he never begrudged her the privilege to express her thoughts. "What I want to know is, what supernatural beings did Zalgo intend to enable? It almost implies that It has followers here in Bielefeld. To find that answer, we need to find a chaos god in the know. Only a few would speak clearly without giving you a runaround or tainting you in some fashion. Dada Ogotimatu would be good. He's the Lord of Decay. Very nice. Runs the health clinic downstairs. Your schedule is rather empty today, although you have a packet to pick up in the government sector, and need to stop at the security office to obtain identification."

The lizard snapped her fingers and added, "Oh, almost forgot!" before going to the couch to rummage through the clothing bundle left by Amara. "FUBAR sent over a gift. A datapad. It's not one of Chaos', nor one of mine, but it potentially taps into those networks. More than that, the Drone took the time to load its Bielefeld data onto it. I haven't browsed it so I can't verify how accurate the information."

She handed the smallish device to Septimus, and then reclaimed her chair and steaming teacup.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:42 am

The Nazi-uniform clad cultist behind the reception desk slowly lowered his paper to regard the four creatures standing before him. One was Dora. Another was a knight of some sort. And one was well known - in fact, she had started up a mission in the Market District, and her neighbors there had nothing but positive things to say about her. The other was another newcomer, and thus the cultist folded his copy of the The Bielefeld Daily to better consult Mr. Demen's eternally omniscient list. He chose to tackle the easy one first.

"Crysal Iracuse - ancient traveler, warrior-queen, and explorer!" the cultist smiled as he slid an application across the desk's smooth surface. "Your sister's right. You'll want to stay low-key. We have you quartered in 6H. I'm sorry but it's a floor down from Ms. Iracuse here. She's in 7G, if I recall right."

His cheerful expression melted into grim determination as he bowed and then locked his eyes onto the knight.

"Salutations, Sir Gefrei de Bataille - Lord of Ivry and Vassal of the Empress Maude, Queen of the Romans," the cultist addressed him in flawless Norman-French. "The Throne has no hand in this, although I will not discount the will of your God or gods at large - you are in Bielefeld, in the nation bearing the same name. I'm guessing you come from what is now our distant past."

His thin German lips narrowed as he reviewed the apartment information for 9G, the knowledge gained further casting his features into something unmistakably grave in nature. "If your wife did not arrive with you, we can assume she remained behind to live out her days. I am sorry to be the one to bear ill tidings."

He sighed and added in a more consolatory tone, "Curae leves loquuntur ingentes stupent, Sir. Minor losses can be talked away, profound ones strike us dumb. You have my sympathies."
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:24 pm

"I'm sure Adri will manage to survive without me for a bit." Crysal said, looking over at her sibling with a questioning expression before scribbling onto the application. Name, date of birth (it was fairly vague), and some other assorted things. "It's a damned poor city that won't let you walk around with pyrotechnics everywhere, I tell you." She was joking, naturally. They were expensive, and she didn't have the excessive royal budget on her side anymore.

Adri heard a little bit of... she swore she'd heard that language a long time ago, but she couldn't place her finger on it. Probably something she forgot hundreds of years ago, at any rate. "Well, I'll have to go check on the mission for a bit. Don't worry about me, Crysal, I know how to handle myself... thanks to you." She muttered under her breath as she walked off and out of the building, off toward the market district.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:"That's good to hear.", Katya said. She began to laugh. "And good for you two, I suppose. My sister is into girls, I think, but hey, I won't argue if I see you two together. She's a clingy kid, though. Don't worry, I'm not going to bite your head off, at least not yet."

She hopped up and quickly walked across the room, back to the stove. "Let me check the food. Anyways, I'm just making sure. Torii's friend, Tsu, is a nice girl, but she isn't a very good girlfriend. I want to make sure nothing happens again. You seem nice. Anyway, do you have any plans after this? We don't have much to do, so we just find something to do. Tora is an intern for those crazy raptors. She never really talks about what happens when she disappears for a while, so I'm always worried."

"I've known Torii about as long as I've been living here with my sister, and I'd figure she'd be able to handle herself quite well, I never really worry about her." Drova agreed somewhat. "As for plans after this? I was probably going to go for a walk downtown maybe, go for lunch later. I've been cooped up here for a while, and I'd rather not go mad from boredom." He smiled, shifting uncomfortably in the chair, still visibly worried of Katya's apparent disapproval of anyone trying to win Torii's hand.

"Unless you two had any plans for the day, that's what I'll be doing, and once again. I think I already thanked Torii, but I really appreciate the hospitality." His ears lowered, humbled in a way by their willingness to share their food.

Eyes bright, yet dull with exhaustion, Drova politely waited for a response while the young woman checked on the condition of breakfast, still listening to the soft pattering of the shower a few rooms over.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:14 pm

"Very good." Scarface replied briefly, with his deep monotone hiding the small bit of pride he felt when his hobby paid off. After several minutes of walking down the curved hall, seeming to have made a complete circle, Scarface opened the double doors at the end of the hall.

"Mister Willow is here to see you." He announced as he let Willow in.

The Trophy Room was a large atrium and bathed in an auburn light from a clear blue sky, out of the windows a grassland could be seen with animals in the distance. Vases and ancient artifacts of a mechanical nature stood on pedestals dotted along the walls. Retired weapons of both antiquity and a well-worn future hung on the walls. The things that took the majority of space in the Trophy Room was the taxidermied animals, most of them were in good condition, but some still carried visible marks of how they died, scorch marks and bullet holes. The variety was astounding, most of them could be easily identified as what would expect to find in a local zoo, but others were hard to place, ferocious beasts and even a few humanoids and a few humans.

In the middle of all of this, Neil and Gretta sat in wicker chairs at a wooden table with a few glasses of wine and a chessboard.

"Please do come in, would you like for Scarface to bring you a drink?" Neil offered.

"Glad you caught us at this time, we just got back from the park and will be attending other matters later." Gretta added.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 pm

"Oh no, no, I'll be fine, just in a bit of a rush actually," Willow dismissed politely, taking a moment to observe the sheer amount of dead stuff filling up the room. Hunting wasn't unheard of where he was from, though they were less inclined toward it due to their herbivorous nature. Still, the presence of humans and humanoids was a little chilling, but he pushed through, knowing his place. "I came to deliver your commission, the one requested of the Silent Hill trip? It's all done."

Removing his saddlebag and placing it on the floor, Willow carefully pulled a vertical, 2 by 3 canvas out of it's hammerspace and propped it up for display. It was mostly a dark thing, though not so much that one couldn't see the details in it (lots of scratchy and menacing lines), and it was accented by enough bright red in certain places to draw the eye. The onlooker without context would probably guess at a sinister atmosphere, but not to the point where it would drive them away; like a horror book cover or a movie poster, it said just enough to make you guess at more, but kept enough secrets to not scare you away just yet.

"I really don't have a specific demanding price," the pony admitted, sliding the bag behind it so it would stay put without him holding it. "Usually I would charge quite a bit, but because I'm not really in any life-or-death circumstances at the moment, it's mostly a give. Would you be alright with three hundred dollars at least?" Willow thought that was practically a steal given the size of the piece; for $300 to be considered "expensive" or just at in the painting world, they were usually much smaller than this, thin little things the size of book covers.
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Dora stopped short in the lobby, a pace behind the knight Sir Gefrei. The distress of the out-of-time noble was palpable, and she added into the silence, "Mine as well."

She left it at that - advising was easy and knowing was hard. The horsemen of Christendom were little known to her, and two millennia of knowledge could not reasonably be stored in one head. Her experience allowed her fewer occurrences of this type, but she was a priestess as well as an inquisitor.

And so she waited for his next response.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:59 pm

"I'm not really sure what to do. There's hardly much interesting to be found in town these days. That said, a walk downtown sounds nice, but I might have to pass that up."

Katya turned around. "Might. Anyways, almost done. Tora should be out, soon.", She waved a spoon in the bathroom's direction. "She takes her time in there. She also likes to keep her hair just right. I don't blame her, but having long hair can be tough sometimes. Actually, I think she's getting out now."

The shower stopped. Katya started to pile a few pancakes onto plates, and finished up the bacon. It was a decent serving for them. "I don't know where I'd go today.", Katya said offhandedly as she prepared their breakfast. "I've been feeling kind of down lately. I'm thin,ing about trying to spend more time with you guys. I mean, I'm only twenty-one, and that's still just a kid, I think. I know I'm just a baby compared to the other adults here, like Miss Minerva, or Dora and the other Cultists and Conservators. They're all hundreds of years old."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:26 pm

Neil inspected the piece and cocked his head to look at a slight angle. "Well done, it will make a lovely addition to my new office." he complimented as Gretta studied it. "Yes it has a pleasant feel to it, very relaxing." she added as Neil drew out the checkbook.

"Three hundred? That is really quite nothing. We'll make it Thirty-Six Hundred, it's for charity after all." Neil said as he wrote out a check for $3,600.

Some saw money as power, but the way Raptors saw it was money was easy. Not just to get but it made a couple things easy to do, particularly to get people beneath them to do what they wanted. The check wasn't just a donation, but a show that things such as money were trivial to them. They could have just as easily written a check for three million without denting their petty cash. The only limit was how much they could move at once without breaking the world economy with their time travel investments.

"Pay to the order of Willow Streaks, three thousand six hundred dollars, for charity art, signed Neil Von Eldritch." he spoke as he wrote, concentrating on making his writing legible then relaxing as he made a mess of a signature.

"Here you go." He said as he tore out the check and held it out to Willow, but he seemed to move carefully. He seemed that he didn't want to get too close to Willow.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:24 pm

"That's very generous of you," Willow said. And he meant it. The family was clearly rich from the looks of their home, but that was still no excuse in his mind to demand much of them, so he considered their extra donation quite the gift. He was happy to take it, though the Doctor's tenseness and distance did not go unnoticed... no matter. The family was strange enough as it was without lingering too much on their space issues. Very carefully nipping the check with his teeth and stuffing it into his bag, before giving a quick head bow to the couple. "Thank you very much for your service, it was an honor working with you."
she/her

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:26 am

Septimus accepted the little slate with a nod as he picked up his teacup in the other hand and woke himself up with a few sips of the hot beverage. The datapad was a bit more ancient than he was used to - the presence of a physical screen and actual buttons lining the bottom for the home screen and other such features was quaint - but it was the knowledge within that interested him far more. Tapping on the home button, he basked in the soft greenish glow of the LED screen as the device booted itself up and brought him to the main screen.

The main screen was empty save a little folder indicating the document viewer. Expected, since FUBAR would have no doubt filled the datapad with useful information and would have no time for other trivialities like backgrounds and apps. Just the raw data would do. Tapping on the icon, he found himself assaulted with a barrage of scanned documents, available networks to browse and import from, and various uploaded copies of Bielefield's legal statues, Constitution, and other important documents. An invaluable piece for the cyborg, he slipped it into his polo's breast pocket for later perusal before returning to his tea.

"Pretty little thing," he finally said, gesturing at the device in his pocket, "I'll be sure to pay FUBAR a visit to thank him, personally. Since he did end up destroying your lab, you're more then welcome to move your things in here. If you want to, that is - completely up to you. But I wouldn't mind, would be nice to have someone around besides Sentia. Not that I don't appreciate her."

The aforementioned cat, having just been left in and who had stood staring at the couple whilst they consumed their morning breakfast, let out a yelp of displeasure at being mentioned in such a fashion. Proceeding into the kitchen for her required morning meal, she mewled repeatedly until Septimus took the cue to get up from his tea and pour her some kibble for breakfast. Once she was properly supplied and munching away - this time more slowly, savoring the dry crunchiness as she had been unable to earlier in the day - he returned to his seat and continued to sip his tea while mulling over his options.

"If Mr. Ogotimatu is as informative as you think, he'd be a good avenue of research. I think I'll pay him a visit," he blew on the half-filled cup of tea before taking another long sip, "Good that the schedule's empty. I called for a Public Works meeting a few days back and I think now would be as good of a time as any to have it. I need to put someone else in charge to take any potential heat off of my trail. That, and I think I'll be far too occupied with city politics to handle planning any of the Public Works Committee events. I'll try to pop in from time to time, though, to make sure it doesn't look like I'm blowing them off. But I think our focus should be legal; that'll be the more difficult of the battles and the most crucial one if we want to get any traction."

Leaning back in his chair as he set the empty teacup in its saucer, Septimus brought his hands together and blew on them as he was wont to do when he couldn't - or wouldn't - pace around while thinking. It helped clear his head, the feeling of warm breath on his palms letting him focus on what he was thinking rather than on the billion other things he had to work out before the month was over.

"I think I'll stop by downtown first to handle any government business," Septimus spoke finally, nodding to himself as he mentally checked-off all his activities, "If I go there now I can avoid the inevitable deluge as people trickle out of their homes later on with hangovers in need of curing. After that, I think, I can hold the meeting and if I'm lucky I'll still have time to swing by the clinic before it closes. Are you up to anything today? If you're busy I'll see myself out."
First as tragedy, then as farce

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:19 am

Torsiedelle wrote:"I'm not really sure what to do. There's hardly much interesting to be found in town these days. That said, a walk downtown sounds nice, but I might have to pass that up."

Katya turned around. "Might. Anyways, almost done. Tora should be out, soon.", She waved a spoon in the bathroom's direction. "She takes her time in there. She also likes to keep her hair just right. I don't blame her, but having long hair can be tough sometimes. Actually, I think she's getting out now."

The shower stopped. Katya started to pile a few pancakes onto plates, and finished up the bacon. It was a decent serving for them. "I don't know where I'd go today.", Katya said offhandedly as she prepared their breakfast. "I've been feeling kind of down lately. I'm thin,ing about trying to spend more time with you guys. I mean, I'm only twenty-one, and that's still just a kid, I think. I know I'm just a baby compared to the other adults here, like Miss Minerva, or Dora and the other Cultists and Conservators. They're all hundreds of years old."

Ah yes, the dilemma of living in an apartment shared by some of the more interesting beings of the world. Drova was quite glad that he wasn't too affected by his friends all being millennia older than he was, with Gio still a teenager right there with him, even if she was to be a Goddess in the future. "I get where that could be rough." He nodded in agreement, head bobbing up and down. His ears twitched when the shower stopped, though it only served to relax him more, as he knew Torii would be coming out soon to join them. "I've never really run into that myself, but it does seem like it would make it hard to be friends with someone who's hundreds of years older than you, right?"

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:09 am

The Luxa foyer was just off the central entrance room tucked away behind one of the many black stone passageways that seemed to stretch on into some unknown eternity. The entrance room had undergone a slight change since the last time the Luxans had been in Bielefeld. Where once it was a hard cut cave of blackish grey stone covered in mold slime and pools of stagnant water it now looked like a very typical suburb house shrouded in darkness so black that it made seeing where you were going almost impossible. The rocks had been replaced with slick plaster which had that usual flesh texture and a decaying smell to it. The dark passageways where now yawning doors that over looked impossible darkness that required absolute faith or foolishness to enter.

However through one of these doors the Luxans were sitting a room bathed in the pale light of an old fireplace each reclining in a leather chair with a plate of half cooked seasoned meets on a tray next to them as they talked about the past and the future.

Insidious spoke first as her skin took on a white parchment like color and began to slowly fill with black lines, dots and symbols. None of these symbols had any meaning but it gave her the look of a booking being written as she spoke. She described that after they had all gone their separate ways she had applied for a higher retail position at GeneCo. and spent almost three months meeting with representatives and collecting the proper paper work to open a small seven person store for the flesh conglomerate abroad. Her goal was to introduce high end fashion surgery to Bielefeld in order to continue her passion and make a little money off of it. She knew that it would take some time to catch on but she had a plan to work with local hospitals to help finance her project until it was self-sufficient.

Primordial nodded throughout her explanation asking which of the alternate Luxa’s she had journeyed to since their timelines didn’t seem to match up entirely. This was a common problem when moving between universes or alternate planes of existence, time moved and reacted differently depending on how close a universe was to certain cosmic objects like the Outer Gods or Solar Doomsday Crystals. She replied that she had stayed in Primordial Luxa and Primordial explained he had been in Secundo Luxa where most of mankind was enslaved to Immortal Dreadlord and forced to become Luxans. Aegis mentioned that he had been busy exploring Moore’s World, where the Luxan Empire was home to various Transcendent Luxas with near god like power who were dubbed the Knight of Luxa.

The world Aegis had been to was a more recent discover he explained which was filled with strange vigilantes, and soldiers who could slay armies with their bare hands. He had seen four gods die in the sort time he spent there and exclaimed that he had a new goal to trap and kill a deity himself and join up with this team of advanced soldiers. To that end he had spent much of this time hunting down powerful weapons and materials that could be used to kill a god or lesser divine things. Primordial and Insidious gave eachother a concerned glance but remembered that the Yellow Insanity had taken the guise of some of Aegis’s former god friends to torture him so it was no doubt that he still felt a distrust for their kind.

Primordial quickly changed the subject and began explaining how the raptors had invited them to join a new team they were putting together in order to exert more control over the city. He explained the basic details to the two of them and then answered some of the questions that seemed to arise. Aegis was obviously concerned about whether they could trust the raptors but Primordial simply asked him to find a moment that had personally betrayed them. Sure they were maniacs and wished death on the entire mammalian race but Primordial was convinced that the Luxan’s were too different from humans and apes for the raptors to hate. Aegis didn’t seem so convinced but he really took offense when Primordial asked for the contingency plan which Aegis had created to defeat the raptors should the Luxans ever need to. He planned on giving it to them as a sign of faith. This caused quite a debate amongst the two of them but it ended when Aegis and Primordial reached a compromise on how much of the contingency plan Aegis would give up.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:08 am

"I suppose so. At first it wasn't, but things have gotten more serious, and they have their roles as leaders, and protectors to work at.", Katya rolled her eyes. "And it's not that I think that's stupid. It's who they are, really, but then they don't have time to hang out, except with other ancient important people, and I don't feel like joining and trying to help in my own way is worth it, since they have enough experience and skill that they can run the entire operation without me."

Three plates went up on the counter. "So that's why I find myself here, and not helping with some rally or big campaign. What can I do? Not to mention that the last time I had an idea, I got scolded. It leaves me not wanting to help when I feel useless."

That not left her standing there for a few moments, awkwardly, until she turned the conversation around. "Oh, but besides that, being around so many people who are so much older than you is a pain. I am still just a kid. I used to be best friends with Dora...you know her, right? I was friends with her and Kei, the Goddess, but we just don't do that anymore. I never see one, and the either had her own work to do, so that leaves me friendless and bored most of the time."

Torii banged on the door. "Be out in a minute. Hair!"
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse