NATION

PASSWORD

I'll Find It (MT-SciFi, IC, TG to Join)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

I'll Find It (MT-SciFi, IC, TG to Join)

Postby Vadia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:33 am

OOC

End-Line
Republic of Mind-Walker

This was the last town before things got to heavy to go on alone. So far he didn't have a way in and he was certain that he didn't have enough bodies to salvage anything good along the way. Before the "Black Wall" to get into 22nd, there was a long valley full of abominations, and before that was the "Gray Wall" that Mindwalker set up. Frederick breathed in slowly, before tying another barrel of gasoline on top of the first jeep. It was hard work and the barrel was heavy, but he managed after awhile. The trunk of the five-seater was full of water, his single duffel bag and cooking pots. They had about six gallons of water, not nearly enough for what they needed to do. He had been given some cash and was at a gasoline depot, having just paid for the gasoline he filled two plastic barrels with. He ducttaped the pumping hose they would need to the top of the thing and set the spare tire to the back of the trunk. He was pretty close to being out of money, but the other Jeep was already ready and it's trunk had been half filled with chemically treated logs and tinder.

On top of it was of course two blue plastic barrels of water. This was so that it was impossible for the two jeeps to separate or someone to steal one, as they would run out of water or gasoline soon enough. Under the seats he had put some various firearm parts to trade, flash-hiders in bags and a few fiberglass AK stocks. After tonight his payments would be out and he would be effectively living on his supplies. His first meal would be one of the rations he brought along and his water would be from the drum in the first jeeps trunk. The boarding house needed steady payment and he spent it on everything else he needed so far. All the salvage he had sold and put on his account was used up too, not just the little bit of money he had been given as a reward by his money-starved people. Even his pension was used up at this point, including his social security account. He had been able to contact a fellow from Aleckandor to get him to 22nd, but he had nothing to offer him but the second jeep when the job was done.

After that was two explorers, who he thought were idiots that might pay him for this gig and a desperate boy who needed money. Perhaps the fees he could get out of the two idiots would cover that boys cost, or perhaps salvage would cover that. At the moment everyone but the drivers would have their gear in their lap, unless you counted what space there was in the second Jeep. To be honest that was a lot of space, perhaps the duffle-bags the others brought could be kept in the back of that one. Perhaps he hadn't planned this as good as he hoped, he was barely sliding in and frankly if he hadn't haggled so much; he would be waiting more then the next morning to have any future. He was going to meet all five of them at the airport, the private dirt runways; and then dump two of them at his place to get in the other Jeep. Perhaps the Aleckandor merc would drive it and anyone the Neo-Terran didn't like would be stuck in there with that guy. In the morning he would head out without eatting and consume his MRE while waiting for the planes to land. The other jeep was empty on purpose and the keys were in his pocket, so he would be fine till he got back. Hopefully he would get some sleep.

End-Line
Republic of Mind-Walker
Next Morning

Nope, not a lot of sleep; and to many nightmares. He was staring ahead and trying to make some hope out of his spirit, as he listened a CD in his jeep. He hummed along to another angry and bitter song, as he took his military issue plastic fork and ate his breakfast.
Last edited by Vadia on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

""Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening""

This is also my NPC account.

Veridi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Veridi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:15 am

End-Line: Airport
Republic of Mind-Walker

Touri Sidno just finished checking all of his stuff when the VTOL he was in began it's vertical landing. "Oh...I guess we're finally here! Of course, not quite the busy place...I just hope there are a few shops and stores around here. I checked all my gear and everything is great except that I never requested .45 ACP ammo. Other than that...everything looks fine"
Peeking once more into his bag, Touri once again does a quick check of his items
"Let's see... 3 Liters of water will last my drinking about 8 days on 15 ounces a day. Not exactly awesome, but we can try for this. Oatmeal and powdered milk to feed me for two months on one cup a day, one month on two cups a day, or two weeks on one cup a day for four people.
Apps and information on my phone look good, the harpoon knives are looking great, the stove in a can... come on... bam. Works. Check. Awesome flasks are great, spare change of clothes, sleeping mat, bunch of other stuff. Yep, I'm good to go. Medikit looks healthy too. Bunch of tools will come in handy..."
The pilot turned around to make sure Touri was alright and that he didn't forget anything. Satisfied that his job was done, he dropped him off, and "wished him luck", chucking a little bit at the idea that a seventeen year old dropout would be capable of conducting such an adventure, despite being a second-lieutenant of the elite 32nd SWAT CAPITAL FORCE and having an impressive volunteer record and stellar intellectual recognition. Closing the drop-door, the pilot raised the VTOL off the ground in a vertical fashion, and made full speed for Veridian borders.
Touri looked around a bit and tried to get familiar with his surroundings. A low-populated border town at the edge of a land nobody knows about. "Well...this is just fancy isn't it...but at least there are some stores nearby here, and an inn...at least according to this old airfield map. Who knows how outdated this may be..."
Touri waited near the runway for about a quarter of an hour before growing fairly impatient. After taking a swig of water from his bag's water bladder, he realized that he needed to get the ammunition he didn't request exchanged for something. "Nobody's here yet...guess I should go look for a gun store for now. I hope everyone arrives when I get back, though I guess that would be a little too much to ask, given how fast I may be back...now where's that gun store..." he said, before dashing away to wander End-line for any gun stores.
After wandering around the area for the entirety of a half-hour, Touri finds a gunstore In End-line. Inside it, a young female biker is tending shop.

End-Line: Edwun Bikes-n-Guns
Republic of Mind-Walker

"What brings you out here, mate?", she asked as soon as he walked into the store. Because if youre looking for .45's and up, that's not for sale for chumfolk like you. Don't waste your time with all the bulls^^t hype over the new shipment of big bad bullets if you can't even fire at em... sorry mate but it's all that's been going around here for a while. She then proceeded to take a ring of keys for the gun cases and bullet lockers. They looked like old keys from decades past to him, but he didn't care too much as long as they did their thing.

"I'm actually looking to trade in some .45's... for some 9mm" he replied.
"Well that's new. .45's have been in pretty high demand lately for some reason, but we use it to do our shit and stuff...nowadays so many people want these rounds, but those suckers don't even know how to fire em off right and it's just wasting my time here. Now...what do you got?" The girl was obviously not expecting much. The look on her face felt like it was ready for disappointment, as if someone would just want to exchange some scavenged pistol parts in hopes of some form of anything.
"Four .45 ACP magazines, and about 160 rounds of ammo. The Drums are 40-round, and they can fit any pistol or SMG compatible with Glocks. "
The girl was surprisingly stunned by the quality of the ammunition. She quickly asked "That's some high-quality punchers your showing me here...why would you want to exchange these away?"
"Because...this SMG here has been pretty handy for me with 9mm. It can utilize 9mm and .45ACP, but i'd like to pack as many punches I can bring with me. How I got this...its complicated"
"Complicated, huh?" She raised an eyebrow with a very curious expression on her face, but like a hunter's type of curiosity. That's a pretty advanced SMG you for there. I know her very well among the folks that I hang around. Nice heat youre packing friend...as for what youre looking for...I think you'd probably want some 9mm merch, right?"
"Bingo" replied Touri. Ill take your bulk 1500 round box of 9mm FMJ's, and seven 100-round magazines."
"Youre really planning on doing something big, huh? Many people envy my freedom...but at this point, i'd envy yours" the girl replied.
"Alrighty then...that'll be 520 NSD's, mate, after the credit"
"Here ya go. Ill be taking that...good day." said Touri. "Real pleasure meeting and doing business with you. Not many gunshop owners are this interesting."
He was in a hurry to get back to the runway, after spending 45 minutes on a gun store run.
"Here, have some small 100-round boxes" the girl replied before he left. He came to take them both, and put it in his bag. "Theyre empty, but they can store some of those extras...I have no idea what youre planning to do with those, but if you were with us, oh man. Just don't tell anyone where you got any of this ammo, or that someone like you was here, if I think youre gonna do what I bet either of us would do. By the way, my name's Nori, but the folks around here call me Ember. Feel free to choose... see you around sometime?, if youre not bringing bad kind of attention on ya"
"Thanks. See ya around. By the way, name's Touri Sidno."
"Whatever youre gonna do, don't get caught", said the biker girl, before sitting back down in a sofa to pull out and inspect a new bike part.

Loading the ammunition from the boxes into everything else left a good six hundred rounds in the box left. Touri loaded a 100-round mag into his Kriss Vector Gen II SMG and set it from the 1600-rpm reduced recoil full-auto setting it was on to a simple 2-round burst mode, and changed the caliber from .45 to 9mm. He stuffed four more of the 100-round mags into his bag, and put one on his side for emergencies.
He now had 2 100-round drums of 9mm FMJ to anyone in the team who needed 9mm, and an additional 600 rounds to do whatever they wanted with.
"When I get back... ill have to check how everyone's doing financially, supply-wise and ammo-wise. I still have some money left over so I can run some supplies from the few stores in the area and -yawn- ill have some ammo to distribute..."

Republic of Mind-Walker

He came back to see that the airfield was still empty, for now at least. He found a nice spot under a small tree a little distance from the end of the runway, and fortunately there was an old bench to sit on, to which he happily obliged to sit on, to hear a creaking sound. Fortunately, it was stable, and the now waiting Touri popped some headphones and began documenting his day in his notebook to the sound of Ride of the Valkyrie
Last edited by Veridi on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:56 am, edited 6 times in total.

Aramythia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aramythia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:23 am

Endline: Airport
The Republic of Mind-Walker

"Welcome to Mind-Walker. Prepare for landing."

Skilio Riffin woke up, his hair messed up around his face. His chair was sticky, probably from the humidity, and the chair he sat on was wet, as if he'd been sweating. The trip to Parallel was his ninth job, but his first outside Aramythia.
The plane landed. It moved towards the gate at a rate of twenty miles an hour. Skilio leaned back again. Why do we have to wear a seatbelt at such a slow speed? Skilio thought. Apparently, a woman was thinking the same thing. She stood up to stretch, and fell. Oh

A few minutes later, Skilio was off the plane, into the airport. He looked around. The airport was empty, excluding the nine other people who got off the plane around him, and another guy who was on the runway. Crazy guy Skilio thought. Skilio walked around the airport. He wanted to spend some money. He traded in some of his Aramythian Dollars, and got a lot of money in return, probably because of the state of Aramythia's economy or the fact this place was in the middle of nowhere. Skilio walked into the gun shop first. He didn't like the feel of his Glock.

Endline: Airport: Edwun Bikes-n-Guns

"Sup mate!" a biker girl said to him as he walked in.
"Hi...Um. I'm looking for a new gun in exchange for this one." He took out a box and opened it. Inside there was a Glock 18 and some magazines.
"Wow. Trading in a brand new gun," she replied, "I could get you a Beretta M9 and... I think twenty staggered box magazines." It was a better deal for Skilio, he was getting more shots. Or at least he thought. Skilio didn't know guns. He only learned to use it.
They exchanged it. "Here's your gun," she gave him a package. Skilio opened it and found twenty-two magazines with the M9. "And this is your change. The prices weren't even." She gave him a few bills. Skilio counted it. 48 NSD.
Skilio was able to fit the package into his bag, but it took him some time to close it. "Thanks. Bye," he said to the shopkeeper."
"Anytime."

Skilio walked back into the abandoned airport. At least its clean. he thought as he walked down the strip mall. He got coffee and a croissant at some coffee shop he found. He went back to into the airport, and found a bench overlooking the runways beyond. The crazy guy sitting at the runway was still there. He looked out the window, watching people work, as he ate.
The Background Nation of Aramythia
I came, I saw, I left
This is a box.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:55 am

Republic of Mind-Walker
Next Morning

"How the fuck did you get here, the first place comes in at six and I've been here since five." Frederick muttered

He was standing to the side of the ex-cop, crossing his arms as he glared over at him. The wind blew a gentle breeze as the sun moved up a little higher in the sky. His gray Jeep Cherokee was parked a hundred meters behind him.

"For someone I barely had room to squeeze in, you had to get yourself here some unusual way." He grumbled out "We still have to get the rest of the team, and get all their things in both jeeps before noon. I hope everyone brought a lot of ammo, because the only kind we will run across is soviet rifle and 45 ACP."

He had his own weapon, his CR-42V on his back. The magazines for it required fresh pouches for his vest and frankly it was his least favorite rifle ammo. At most it was good for hog hunting and putting holes in walls. He had trained his whole life on four different rounds that were far better and if it wasn't for the high quality rifle he had, he would have simply refused to fire such ammo. However, it was the only kind that would be plentiful in 22nd and he was aware his eight mags wouldn't last him longer then a single fight. He was already burdened and his years of marching with such a load were his only comfort. He didn't have space on himself for handgun ammo and his heavy rifle plate was pushing into his ribs a little.

"Grab your stuff and get in the jeep, we're going to drive around for the others." He finished.

He pulled out his phone and texted the rest of them his current location, wondering where they were.

"I'm in the Grey Jeep Cherokee at the dirt runway, as soon as you get here you need to get your stuff in. Some of you will have your duffel bag up against you, we'll split into two jeeps when we get to my place."
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

Veridi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Veridi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:30 pm

Republic of Mind-Walker
Next Morning; Frederick's Jeep Cherokee

Touri climbed aboard the Grey Cherokee and put his large tactical bag down on the floor in front of him on the back-left seat, leaving a small amount of wiggle room to fit his legs. Somehow
"Smart packer this guy is", he thought to himself, noticing the weapon parts underneath his seat and the tactic of splitting the water and gasoline rations between the Cherokee and the other jeep to prevent deserting.

"Apologies for being here too early for taste, just wanted to avoid being the last one in, so I arranged for a government airdrop. Got here early and went around doing some shopping. Got me a large amount of 9mm FMJ's... Have about 600 ready for the rest of the team, and 200 more in two 100-round drums. Hopefully you guys can take a few hundred for your sidearms if it works, and the rest can be sold off or bartered for, perhaps. Maybe if were lucky someone will know how to cast bullets, or use it as shrapnel somehow in some kind of batshit crazy improvised explosive. Just some speculation.
As for me, I saved a good seven hundred for my Kriss Vector SMG with five drums and a box. Have about three 15-round .45 ACP mags in the bag but they're empty at the moment. My SMG is chambered for 9mm and .45, so i'll be good as far as ammo goes"

Anyways, nice to meet you for the trip, Frederick. As the man in charge, here's 600 NS Dollars. I bet you'd know how to use it best at the moment, could help us get some supplies or maybe buy some perky attachment thing or even more bullets.
Last edited by Veridi on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Willyberg
Secretary

Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Willyberg » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Train Station
Armed Republic of Hatsune
12:13 PM

Kaito waited at the train station to buy a ticket. He had all of his gear with him, and some people were looking around and wondering why he had so much stuff to carry.

He just ignored them and played with a dirty Rubiks cube that he found on the ground. It was missing a few colors, but it kept him occupied for a few seconds until he figured it out. "Anything to pass the time.", Kaito said under his breath.

He missed his mother and father, and he was glad that they were on good terms when he left. He hugged his mother goodbye one last time in the hospital; and hugged his father goodbye when he left the house and started walking over to the train station. His father gave him his 'Rainy Day' stash, which was $217 Hatmarks. Everyday is a rainy day, we're poor for a reason, Kaito thought to himself. He also took his savings from working the extra jobs, which was $46 Hatmarks. His grandparents gave him an extra $329 that they scraped up from their jobs. They helped pay for Aiko's hospital bills too. Altogether, Kaito had $592 Hatmarks.

Kaito got to the front of the line. The ticket booth cashier was a tall, skinny by who couldn't be older than 16.
"One ticket to the capitol of Mind-Walker, please.", Kaito said with a polite tone. He wanted this to go quickly, but he didn't want to be rude.

"That'll cost $21.99 sir.", replied the skinny cashier with a hushed tone. He looked like he hadn't eaten in days, and it sounded like he needed water. But so does everybody else that lives in the slums.
$21.99? That's a bit pricey.. But it'll be worth it in the end, Kaito thought to himself. He gave the cash and coins to the cashier and got his ticket.
"Have a nice trip sir.", the cashier said in almost a whisper as he handed the ticket over.

Kaito walked over to the train stop and stood there for ten minutes before the train got there. As soon as it got there, people got in a single file line where the conductor could verify their tickets. Hatsune has a low tech train system, but as long as everybody contributed, it works.

The would take the train underwater and through a tunnel, like the one connecting London and Paris IRL. Unfortunately, the train was dirty and overcrowded. So Kaito just put his bags in the storage compartment where he would see if someone was trying to take them.

He stayed awake during the entire 8 hour train ride to the capitol of Mind-Walker. His plan was to get his stuff and get off, and rent a cheap truck and drive it to the meeting point. The truck would probably cost another $55 to rent per day. Or so he thought. He talked to a frail old man sitting next to him. He was born and raised in Mind-Walker, but he was vacationing in Hatsune. The old man told Kaito where he could find a cheap pickup to rent at only about $25 per day.

He ate some granola that he took along with him as his meals. He didn't want to go through his entire supply before he got to the 22nd Parallel.

Train Station
Republic of Mind-Walker
8:25 PM

As soon as they stopped, people started gathering their things and leaving the train. Kaito took his belongings and left the train, making sure nobody pick pocketed his belongings. He kept his wad of cash in his vest pocket. He wanted to make sure that it was in sight at all times.

He walked 3 miles to the rental place that he was told about. Indeed, they'd let him rent the pickup at $25, plus an extra $10 for a guide to drop Kaito off at the meeting spot.
It was much cheaper than paying for a cab to drop him off, so he was glad that the prices were so low. But the truck was an old, cheap, communist-bloc, mass produced pile of junk. "It's only for a day. It'll be alright.", Kaito said while exhaling.

At home they didn't have pickup, but they had a silent scooter that they drove around. Kaito knew how to drive one, since his old job required him to do so. Kaito started to become homesick, but he knew that he had to do this.

He went to go to sleep at a cheap motel for the night. It was dirty and the mattresses looked like they'd been covered with dirty water. Kaito didn't mind it, because he slept in dirty places all the time. The mattress felt stiff and it was extremely uncomfortable. The good thing about it was that it was only a few blocks away from the truck rental place. "Another $10 off of my budget..", Kaito muttered. He went to sleep, and in the morning he'd travel with the guide to the private runway.

Cheap Motel
Republic of Mind-Walker
Next Morning, 7:34 AM

Kaito woke up and bought some ramen and instant coffee to eat from the motel vending machine. He mixed the instant coffee and put the ramen into the motel's only microwave, which was downstairs.

"Well, that's another $2 off of my budget. Oh well.", Kaito said while sighing before taking a sip of the terrible coffee. He spent another $20 on food and water. He ate his breakfast and gathered his things. He started walking towards the jeep rental place to meet up with the guide. While he was walking, he took the chance to take in the scenery. The capitol was beautiful, and there were lots of people walking here and there. It was pretty busy compared to the slums.

When he got there he rented the pickup and paid money for the guide to a balding guy with a cigar in his mouth. He had a round belly, and he looked rugged. He had stubble on his face, and he didn't talk much.

When Kaito met his guide, he was glad to see that she was a very pleasant person to look at. She was very optimistic and was fairly thin. She had blonde hair and a cute complexion; and she was a little shorter than Kaito was. She was very approachable and she looked like she was about Kaito's age.
"Morning! Did you have a good night's sleep?", the guide said to Kaito in an uppity tone.
"Yeah, I guess it was alright. I mean it could've been worse. I could've been mugged.", Kaito chuckled a little bit.
She smiled and chuckled a bit. "Great! My name's Kaylyn. What's yours..?", she asked while gathering some water and trail mix.
"My name's Kaito. Nice to meet you. We should probably get going right now if we want to make it by 2 PM.", Kaito said as he popped his back.
"Nice to meet you too. And that sounds
"$35 total. It's pretty cheap if you ask me.", Kaylyn said to Kaito in an enthusiastic
tone.
Kaito laughed. "Let's just go before I change my mind and find another place to rent a truck."
"Alright. Throw your stuff in the back and let's go!", Kaylyn said while closing the door.

As they drove through the city, Kaito could appreciate the history and architecture of the buildings. The middle of the city had tall skyscrapers, and it made a nice skyline. The traffic wasn't too bad, and the weather was mild. There was a slight breeze going, and he was optimistic.

Dirt Path
Republic of Mind-Walker
11:02 AM

They were a few miles outside of the capitol, and all you could see at this point were paddy fields and palm trees. It was beautiful. The sky was clear and things seemed alright. The seats were uncomfortable, but Kaito ignored it.

Kaito and her talked while she was driving the pickup through the jungle. They talked about the sights and where Kaito was going.
"I'm going past the wall and into the 22nd Parallel. I'm really excited.", Kaito said as drove the jeep on a dirt road. He was using his smart phone's GPS app to show where he should go. He gave directions to Kaylyn as they sped along the road.
"No one has heard from that place in years. I'm gonna assume that it's pretty dangerous in there. We've got a few hours to go until we reach the runway.", she said in a concerned tone.

"Let's turn up the radio to get my mind off of the trip into there.", Kaito said as he turned on the radio. Hip-hop came through the speakers and it was fortunately in Auralian, the universal language. They both rapped along to the song.

End-Line/Airfield
Republic of Mind-Walker
2:31 PM

When the runway was in sight, they stopped and exchanged numbers. Kaito grabbed his gear from the back of the pickup.
"Don't get hurt out there, okay?" she said with a chuckle, but they both could tell that it was to hide her concern,"and call me when you get back, alright?", Leah winked at Kaito.
"I'll try to stay alive. I'll call you when I'm back. Besides, you're my ride back to the capitol. Hopefully I have everything intact." Kaito laughed. Deep down he was scared, and they both had a scared look on their faces. They said their goodbyes and hugged, for a few minutes; much much intimate than a friendly hug. She got in the pickup and Kaito watched as the it sped away. He saw Kaylyn waving her hand goodbye from the window. Kaylyn took a good hard look in the mirror at Kaito, and Kaito looked in the mirror and saw Kaylyn. "I hope this isn't the last time we meet..", Kaito said to himself softly.

His mood was a bit gloomy as he walked towards the runway. He turned off his smart phone's GPS app and ate some more granola. He almost forgot for a second that he was going into unknown territory, and there was a high chance that he'd be killed.

Kaito's bad mood came back and he got serious again as he got closer to the runway. He walked closer and sat down on the runway. He hoped for the best. He found a tree to rest under and he put his stuff on the ground. He started stretching his limbs, and he began to meditate.
Last edited by Willyberg on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I'll get right back to you shortly.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Frederick's Jeep Cherokee
Airfield
Republic of Mind-Walker

Frederick walked over to the driver side of the Jeep and got in, closing the door. Without thinking he buckled and started the jeep, before turning up the AC. He rolled down the windows and pulled out his phone to see if anyone else was in the country, no texts so far.

"You think 9mm is cheap in this country, you're going to be shocked how worthless it's going to be in in 22nd." He started "Nothing there works that round, like I said earlier. Everyone that came along likely is using 9x19mm like you too, because they are civies and they need something easy to work."

He took the money that he was given and then pocketed it, before looking around the jeep to see if any others of the crew where there yet. After his experiences, he had gotten really used to making conversation without looking at the other person. His eyes were just completely out of focus, looking at everything at once and taking it all in. Should he see any movement, his eyes would focus on que and he would look only at that object.

"The money is not for me, it won't be worth anything when we leave anyways." Frederick explained "We got some 17 year old boy going along with us, he's mostly here for manual labor and another set of eyes. Kids really cheap, but he needs money bad."

He breathed in and turned on the stereo, playing the same rhythmic drum music that he grew up with.

"It's going to be sociopaths and wild animals from here on in, so you really should have brought some hallow-point rounds; they are used for home defense and police after-all." He noted "Hold up, I see the kid."

He pulled the jeep out of park and pushed down on the pedal, turning the wheel quickly. He then tapped the break slowly and then pushed down on it more. He honked the horn and rolled down the window, so he could stick his head out of it.

"Youth, get off the fucking runway before you get ran over by a landing plane!" He yelled out "And answer your god damn phone next time, if I didn't see you there; you would be utterly screwed!"
Last edited by Vadia on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aleckandor
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aleckandor » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:54 pm

Endline Airport | The Border Settlement Of Endline
The Republic Of The Mindwalker
[Next Morning, 1st Day // Pre-Departure Arc]

Individuals who either called or tangibly presented themselves as professional self-employed mercenaries were indeed very rare in the age of the private military corporation (or even that of the still-predominant national standing army at that). Extremely cumbersome or tedious protocol as well as a lack of tactical or financial independence seldom appealed to such individuals, who would rather put the military skills they have acquired throughout the years to work for themselves and whomever they choose at their own behest and their personal codes. The freedom - as well as value of adventure, danger, and profit to be garnered - was a fantasy that few people throughout the Known Metaverse dreamed of or even hoped to realize, and it was that kind of freedom that former Bentusian-Aleckandorean Marine Éydëhnn Vôldtzyr had sought for himself to much of his fulfillment in the past few months working as a freelancer.

Voldtzyr's transit to Endline, Mindwalker was through a Ka-32S Helix-C coaxial rotor helicopter launched from a passing Aleckandorean civilian merchant vessel whose captain he paid to get in delivery range while on course for a port in Jecasu. The helicopter was originally a maritime utility craft with a large undernose radar boom that initially was operated on offshore rigs owned by the Táhnkeon Petro-Guild, one of the largest oil and gas companies operating in the Confederacy and a technical state subsidiary. The mercenary bought it through ad hoc business channels shortly after he left the Marine Legion and begun his first independent contracts; subsequently, he used the earnings from his completed missions pooled together with resources of his friends in high places that he designated as his informal operational support crew to effectively customize the chopper to his various tastes. As well as having coated his Helix (which he christened "The Locust") in a flowy black and beige onyx paint scheme to his taste and added pylon wings for guns or rocket pods, he had also taken the liberty of also installing an ECM/ECCM jammer array on the boom and getting a Bentusian scientist acquaintance of his to integrate an experimental fuel economy extension device on the chopper's engine actuators.

The Aleckandorean mercenary's co-pilot was one of the few supporting partners he had in his individualist business, a certain Maga Oru-Jeng, whom was a female Aleckandorean citizen of Mongolic Baktoidian descent and a former Specialist with the Land Army's 804th Combat Signals & Logistics Detachment. They had been good friends since Eydehnn's first tour of duty in Jinwoy, and when they both mustered out of public military employment, they both went into the same business with the application of their tactical talents in mind, agreeing to work together as field and technical support operative on occasion like they had a few months ago in the Dzorskyllian job. The both of them took off a few hours ago from the stern helipad off the Golden Lily Trading Armada's CAMV Synergetic Syntax, a Strèklyn-Class Suezmax cargo ship, and was granted permission to enter the nation's airspace by the local Mindwalkerian Aeroforce with a temporary escort until The Locust started its approach on Endline.

"Who is it?" Maga asked Eydehnn as she heard a small vibration emit from the mobile phone in his pocket. Eydehnn checked the text message he had just received.

"It's Gitus. He's already waiting at the Airport for us. He'll see us coming in, and I'll see him when I'm on-site." Eydehnn explicated.

"Attention approaching rotary craft on vector one-four-five, this is Endline Airport Control. Please state your ID, cargo or passengers, and business. Over." the private control tower air traffic officer suddenly squawked on the radio from the makeshift airfield coming up into view from the helicopter canopy. Eydehnn switched the same frequency he was being hailed on by the ground control personnel.

"Endline Control, this is Eydehnn Voldtzyr of The Aleckandorean Confederacy on modified Ka-32S Helix-C, personally designated as Locust.", began Voldtzyr on the channel, "No official licensing code, but the helo is registered as my property regardless. I have no other cargo other than myself and my own personal weapons and baggage; I am coming into Endline to rendezvous with the expeditionary party of a certain Mr. Gitus of Vadia. After I am dropped off, my co-pilot Maga Oru-Jeng will take over and fly the chopper back to the ship we came from, the Synergetic Syntax. My co-pilot will confirm her presence with my on the craft."

"Yo. Over." the Asiatic woman in her dirty burgundy jumpsuit then said on the radio, which made the gray man smile briefly.

"Do I have permission to land? Over." immediately then asked the mercenary, when he just started to visually make out the control tower and dirt runways of the facility he would be touching down upon.

"Permission to land has been granted. Welcome to Endline and welcome to Mindwalker, Mr. Voldtzyr. Airport Control, out."

Eydehnn then switched his comm off and began nudging the cyclic stick and throttle downwards for a gradual descent, also beginning to lower the rotor speed on the upper cockpit dash.

"Like I was saying before, Eydehnn," Maga then suddenly uttered to him, "You probably might not come back from this contract, and I say that as a friend and not somebody who doubts your abilities or whatever. And even if you do, who's to say that it might not take something out of you for a really bad payoff? I'm telling you, there are better things to do then roll with this Gitus figure from out of the blue. Whatever he's after, it's not worth getting ripped to shreds in the Wasteland."

"Maga, I know that you're a little concerned for me and all, and though I am grateful that you are, the truth of the matter is that I get to decide what I want to get into. This is the thrill of liberty that comes with our kind, right?" Eydehnn replied frankly.

"Yes, I know, but you can't just go be a knight errant everywhere you go or accept a strange job. You need to ask yourself what, if anything, can you salvage of yourself after the job you've been offered is done - and you also need to learn how to say no." Maga explained to him with legitimate perturbance. "Listen: nobody from outside survives long inside the Parallelians' turf, not even some gung-ho tough-guy savior-of-the-fucking-world Aleckandorean like you are. Put aside your curiosity for once and just handle something manageable, but if you don't wanna at this point, just at least find me something to do to help you. I can hack older BOBA ground-observational satellite models above to give you some raw intel like I have before."

"Thanks, but I'll remind you that there wouldn't be much to see on passes, if at all." responded Voldtzyr, grateful for her resourcefulness but nonetheless honest about the situation, "Sandstorms, some of them carrying radioactive material, pick up during this time of year. I can manage them, but those things as well as a number of other anomalies about the Wasteland make electronic telecommunications next to near impossible at times. Dr. Frayzuwr told me to document or take pics of shit and send them through periodic uplinks, but only when it would be possible to do so without getting all of my crap fried. Same thing would go for you and the whole satellite jingle."

At the moment, The Locust's wheels touched down and the helicopter made a slight bobbing motion as it finally settled. Eydehnn didn't power down the systems but instead reached for his trusty knapsack and AK-74M which were both below his seat. He then turned to Maga just as he put away his interfaced headphones on a stand to the side.

"Look," he began, scooching up and patting her shoulder, "I'll be alright, okay? There'll be plenty of adventures to be had down the road after this. I promise." He looked at her face, and she lowered her eyes, turning away.

"Strange. A mercenary who makes promises..." she muttered quietly, visibly wincing. Then she stared at Eydehnn. There was an awkward moment of silence to be had between them, the sound of the droning echo of the running coaxial rotors drowning out. She leaned forward and gave him a tiny kiss on the cheek, a spontaneous move of hers that almost caught the Bentusian off guard. She looked towards the front of the canopy again afterwards and Eydehnn did as well. Then Maga turned again quickly.

"Give me a call when your romp past the Black Wall is over...you can tell me all about it afterwards."

Eydehnn inhaled, exhaled, then smiled, as he unlocked the primary pilot door and exited from The Locust. Just as he was about to close the door and let Maga switch over to let her take the chopper back to the ship off the coast, she held her hand out and stopped it from sealing - a move that caught the Yervhennic man's attention.

"And Eydehnn...good luck, and goodbye." she softly wished to him. "Take care of the others, will ya?"

"I will, Maga. See you real soon." Eydehnn replied, then closed the door and tapped the window twice. He slung the knapsack and the assault rifle over his windbreaker as he slowly backed away from the chopper with his boots on the dusty tarmac. He watched as the Baktoidian girl in her thin mechanics' uniform took the vehicle back into the air and turned it around, ascending and heading back from the airfield, the sound of the rotors slowly dissipating into the semiarid Mindwalkerian wind. Then Eydehnn turned around and began walking forward towards the area between the small terminal and the gate, where he made out what looked like Frederick Gitus and another soldierlike person sitting in a Jeep Cherokee, as well as the kid sitting about on the ground near them. From what Eydehnn saw as he approached them, some sort of altercation was beginning to occur.
Last edited by Aleckandor on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
♜♞♝ ~ THE GLOBAL SOVEREIGN CONFEDERACY OF ALECKANDOR ~ ♝♞♜
The IC demonym is "Aleckandorean(s)". Just call me Aleck.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Veridi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Veridi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:28 pm

End-Line/Airfield
Republic of Mind-Walker
Outside Frederick's Jeep, with two other new arrivals.

"Haha. Found our third member at the exact same place you found me, eh?"remarked Touri. "Same age, looks like. And it seems our fourth member came in much the same way I did, except mine was a VTOL. I could have sworn there was a fifth guy somewhere who came out from a plane not too long after I did, but I'm not entirely sure where he went"

"Anyway, there's the four of us here right now...so I should introduce myself. Touri Sidno. Member of an elete SWAT unit of the Veridian Capital Araspa. Legally recognized adult...though my circumstances are rather uncommon, perhaps even quite rare.
It's really nice to meet you all for the expedition! Hmm...what are your names by the way? And might I interest any of you in spare 9mm ammo? I have tons
Last edited by Veridi on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aramythia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aramythia » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Endline - Airfield
Mindwalker
Skilio Riffin

"I'm not entirely sure where he went." The crazy guy whi slept on benches at runways was talking.

"I'm not sure, either," Skilio said. He came out of nowhere, and had just walked out of the building. "I saw you," he pointed at Sleepy, which he would call the crazy guy that until he learned his name," get up from the bench and walk over to a jeep in an otherwise unseeable location.Then I spent some time finding the exit. I couldn't find one so I jumped out of one of the openings where a plane was not present." Skilio looked around. "You must be Fredrick," he said to a random guy, who wasn't him. Skilio took out a check from a pocket of his bag. It was marked with 1500 NSD. "Here you go," handing it to the guy, who prompty pushed it to anither guy. He was Fredrick.

"I heard you talking about guns," Skilio said. "I need help. Is a Beretta M9 good?"
"Nope,"
"What is?"
"9x19mm"
"Ok," Skilio replied," I don't think everyone is here...and the skies are pretty empty, so I'm gonna go back in and trade in my gun, and look like an idiot." Skilio walked back inside.

Mindwalker
Edwun Bikes-n-Guns

"Hey, I'm back."
"What ya need this time?" The girl looked tired and the the lights were going out in the shop.
"Umm...9x19mm?"
"That shouldn't work on the...M9...you have. Looking to trade the gun, too?"
"Sure, I guess. I really don't understand guns." Skilio was sweating again.
"Well I can get you a Luger with twenty-three cartridges. You'd have to fork over 11 NSD, though."
"I'll take two fifty. And I want to keep the M9."
They exchanged guns and money. Skilio ended up paying 275 NSD. Skilio walked back outside to a bench before putting the new package in. It was a bit harder, but apparently it was worth it, as Fredrick told him. He jumped back outside and walked back to the Jeep.
Last edited by Aramythia on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I came, I saw, I left
This is a box.

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Local Airport | Endline | Republic Of Mindwalker
[Morning, 1st Day // Pre-Departure Arc]

"Thanks, but I'll be alright." politely declined Eydehnn when the Veridian elite SWAT member known as Sidno offered him some of the ammunition. "I've got quite a bit of Parabellum myself, and for two guns no less." He brushed his windbreaker to the side, revealing the waistbelt that held two holsters on the side of his legs with one ET-5/6 tactical handgun each. He then cocked his head to one side while using his right arm to hold onto the rifle sling over his shoulder, smiling.

"Anyhow," he began, "I'm Voldtzyr. Eydehnn Voldtzyr. Nice to meet you, Mr. Sidno. I'm both a Bentusian and an Aleckandorean, though I prefer the latter identity to describe myself more simply. And most non-grays won't tell the difference. Well, I used to be in the Grand Aleckandorean Marine Legion (that's GAML, for short) not too long ago, but I...hmm...let's just say that I felt that it was time for me to spread my wings and do Aleckandor's work the same way I have been doing but this time without the enormous problem of strategic bureaucracy or diplomatic tacitfulness that gives the tyrants we make enemies any breathing room."

"In other words, I am a lone mercenary. But I do live by a code, so any amount of cash to be gained from doing something I myself or my country finds repulsive isn't my style." he then said. Just then, the Aramythian guy said he had to go to the store close by. He then turned to Frederick Gitus and nodded towards him, he already knew a little bit about the man from previous distant communication with him, but he had also heard rumors of his participation in the Battles For Outpost-225 that took place a few years back in the southern frontiers of the Foundersland. The rumors, which Eydehnn had heard in the mess hall decks of the transport ships he was on during his time in the Legion, went on to say that this Vadian fellow Frederick was instrumental in the defeat of the Nayirric Serpent Cult and its leader known as 'The Vicar'. In fact, some of the guys in his old unit (Order VIII) said explicitly that they heard from friends in the Land Army whom were stationed at Two-Twenty-Five that Frederick himself dispatched The Vicar in pitched close-quarters combat, though there wasn't really anything to confirm what they said.

After that he turned and looked at the adolescent boy from Hatsune who appeared to be meditating on the ground, as far as Eydehnn could tell. He smiled at him and began to walk closer towards the back of the jeep, but at the same time felt a sense of fear in the fact that this boy might endanger not only himself in an already dangerous territory, but the entirety of Frederick's assembled company. There was no room in Eydehnn's mind for consideration of letting him be left behind during an extremely miserable circumstance of hazardous proportions, not even if he was a mercenary. That intrinsic Yervhennian sentimentality of his as well as the value of mutual comradeship he had gained during his time in the Marine Legion gave him a responsibility to look for people he was going into darkness with - even if they were near or complete strangers.

At that moment, the Aramythian fellow - a civilian explorer of sorts for a university - came back from the Edwun Bikes N' Guns nearby. Especially here around the border provinces of The Mindwalker, the culture here was very libertarian and survivalist in nature, which was why openly carrying firearms and procuring them without registration was legal. This reminded Eydehnn a little bit of some of Aleckandor's colonies abroad on previously uncharted continents where settlers often built their homes from scratch and defended the land with their firearms as a community from hostile natives or invasions by enemy nations' colonists. However, this was nothing compared to what they were going to see in The 22nd Parallel.

"I see you got something new there from Edwun's, mister." Voldtzyr commented. "You're the explorer from Aramythia, correct? What's your name, again? I don't think I heard it, but I also don't know if you introduced yourself at all yet to these folks."
Last edited by Aleckandor on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Willyberg
Secretary

Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Willyberg » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:12 pm

Tree By The Runway
Republic of Mind-Walker
Time Unknown

Kaito snapped out of his meditation session to the sound of a jeep humming along the runway. He looked over and saw the man from the advertisement, Frederick. He realized that Frederick was yelling at him.

"Youth, get off the fucking runway before you get ran over by a landing plane!" Frederick yelled out,"And answer your god damn phone next time, if I didn't see you there; you would be utterly screwed!"

"I'm sorry, I was meditating. I had my phone off because it distracts me.", Kaito said as he gathered up his things. Great first impression, he thought to himself. He put his stuff in the back of the jeep and got into the backseat.

"Hey guys, I'm Kaito, nice to meet you.", Kaito said,"I'm from the slums of Cadence, Hatsune. What about you guys?", he said as he held out his hand to shake theirs. They shook hands and introduced themselves. Right afterwards Frederick started the jeep around the runway again. Kaito adjusted himself on the seat. They were much more comfortable than the ones in that pickup. Kaylyn's going to be waiting for me when I get back and so is everybody else, Kaito thought to himself as he took a sip of water from his canteen.

Touri looked in the rear view mirror and saw the Grach strapped to Kaito's chest. He offered him some 9mm rounds. "I'd really appreciate it. I've only got four clips for this thing. That's only 68 rounds plus one that's loaded in the chamber.", Kaito said as he searched for a spot to put some 9mm rounds. "I only need enough for two more clips. So 34 rounds, or more if you want to be generous. That'd be great."
Last edited by Willyberg on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll get right back to you shortly.

Aramythia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aramythia » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:15 am

Mind-Walker

Skilio Riffin - Unknown Time

Skilio arrived back at the jeep to get attacked by a guy with his hand out. It stunned him for a second, but soon after he realized he just wanted to shake his hand. He shook it. "You're the explorer from Aramythia, correct? What's your name, again?" the man asked him.
Skilio answered the first question first, smiling, "Yeah, how did you know?" Creepy he thought in his head. He answered the second question second, realizing that almost veryone was looking at him, wanting to know his name, except for the meditating guy sitting on the floor. "I'm Skilio Riffin. Its a common name back home."
He learned everyone elses name. Sleepy was actually a guy named Touri, the hand-shaker was Voldtzyr, and the one with nirvana was Kaito. He hummed when Touri mentioned his name.

"So..." Skilio said after the silence, "Is anyone else coming?"
I came, I saw, I left
This is a box.

The Tomanian Reich
Secretary

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomanian Reich » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:11 pm

End-Line: RSD Headquarters
The Tomanian Reich
"Brigadeführer" Beukemann said as he snapped to attention and saluted his superior.
"Ah, Sturmscharführer, at ease at ease, as you know you have been selected for a mission in the Republic of Mind-Walker" The Brigadeführer said
"Yessir" replied Beukemann
"You read the report that was sent to you?"
"Yessir"
"Good, Hauptsturmführer Torvald Kipping will be your handler in this mission, make contact with him when you land in Mind-Walker, his contact information has been uploaded to your cellular device, be sure to keep him updated on anything you find."
"Yessir"
"Well that's all then good luck, you are dismissed"
Republic of Mind-Walker
Beukemann looked over his gear once more as his helicopter landed, everything seemed to be in order so he slung his rifle over his shoulder and got out of the chopper and called Kipping.
"Hauptsturmführer Kipping?"
"Beukemann, so you have arrived in Mind-Walker?"
"Yep"
"Well then, I'm sure you know what to do so I won't hold your hand if you have any questions or need some advice call me other then that, get to it."
"Roger that" Beukemann said and then hung up

"Now all I need to do is find that Frederick guy"
Last edited by The Tomanian Reich on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
signature

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:44 am

"Is anyone else coming?" Skilio Rifflin Of Aramythia asked sheepishly to break the awkward silence once everybody settled into the first jeep. Voldtzyr, whom was naturally the first to answer anything, shrugged.

"I believe we have one more individual to boot before our little party sets off for the Void." he stated, then scanned around his eyes to field himself a general view of the airstrips. Surely enough, a military helicopter in late autumn flecktarn paint scheme bearing a purple roundel with a Germanic Iron Cross displayed in the center appeared. Undoubtedly this was one that one other individual who was going to be joining the caravan.

The Aleckandorean merc stepped out of the jeep once again and stood by the side of the car. When the Tomanian officer with the rifle slung over his shoulder emerged, Eydehnn waved his hand high as an indication for him to come over straight away and meet him, the others, and of course Frederick.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:29 am

Airfield
Republic of Mind-Walker

So many people were talking and getting to know each other, they were planning the trip. Some of them likely had no idea how hard this would be and others thought this was going to be harder then it would be, or at least that is what normally happened. No amount of experience or time would allow most people to fully understand what a trip could be, how much of a challenge it really was. They would always see a snake as more dangerous then a dog or make other misjudgements in what was a greater threat. That was how they always were, they had always been like that as long as he could remember. He chuckled to himself. Here he was, a man who had solved his problems with a chemical cocktail and his rage. This was a strange time to be all logical and quiet, when inside he was just a loud brute who could never change his ways. He was a radical militant, the kind of person that was hated and feared; that was him. Yet, the one thing he didn't ever understand is why they always had to be so cruel.

His affection was why he was so angry. He didn't take loss that well, it just led to him strangling people to death till he had closure. That was quite possibly, the most barbaric way to get results. Yet he was so certain that it would always work, that there would always be a time when something like that would work. He closed his eyes and then opened them, checking his phone again to see if anyone else was going to show up. There was one more person that needed to appear and they had not arrived yet or texted him. This was starting to ruin the whole plan, they could wait maybe one more hour at most.

The Tomanian Reich
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomanian Reich » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:46 pm

Republic of Mind-Walker
As he got out of the Helicopter he saw someone standing next to some jeeps waving to him. He waved back and started walking towards them.

"Hey there, you are the guys going past the 22nd parallel correct?"
signature

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:27 pm

"Yeah, we'd be that group. Pleasure to meet you, my name's Eydehnn Voldtzyr of Aleckandor." Eydehnn answered, nodding. "Say," he went on to ask, "Judging by that helo you came in, you must be Tomanian military, correct? And after you answer that, what's your name?"

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:03 pm

A few nights ago
Security, Vadia
Affection UnLimited
Room 24

He was passed out after committing to something that was illegal in a wide number of countries, a paid vice that his people never really had a problem with. The price that needed to be paid, to become what they were and what they wanted to be; came at the breakdown of the family unit. Children existed without parents, men existed without another half and women lived very similar lives. Other countries had the problem of spouses breaking up or ditching the other after having kids. Vadia never had that problem really, people didn't always get married young and sometimes never married at all. A lot of people were to busy to have a relationship and those who had kids were to busy to really date that much. People had needs however and the nation at large would rather have these needs full-filled, then let the wanting of said needs become something terrifying. Which was why she was curled up to him, holding him as if she loved him; and she did but not quite in that way. He had personally been glad to just see someone like her again, after being in the wasteland for so long.

She wanted to fill the loneliness with children, this was a side-project that would go along with her double-shifts; so that she could afford to have two kids all to herself. She was going to adopt, they were going to both be ten and refugees if she could find some like that. She wanted to love them and take care of them, to be the mother that they had likely lost sometime ago. She had a reasonable understanding of who he was, but she wasn't to impressed. He was just glad that she was okay with him, he always felt like he was stained by the violence that was necessary in his life. He moved a little and sighed out, as he was pulled into his dream. He was lying on his back and he could see the rushing blizzard that was above him. He sat up from the hard, rocky surface and looked over at a group of people in combat uniforms who jogging past him. He stood up as fast as he could and raced after them, not weighted down by the heavy gear and weapons that they were.

Airfield
Republic of Mind-Walker

"Seems like there isn't going to be any more of us, which leaves at least two seats in the back for each jeep during our trip." Frederick stated "If everything goes according to plan, those seats will be full of goods on our way back"

He started up the Jeep and pressed his foot down on the break, before switching it into drive. His foot stayed on the break, as he honked his horn once to signal them all to get him and buckle up.

"I hope you all got your stupid out on the way here and have been eating and sleep plenty, during this trip your body is going to be neglected." He stated "I brought some wipes and I assume the rest of you did too, but that's not going to save you from your skin hardening up."

He pulled his foot off the break and then put it on the gas, making a tight turn to go back to where he came from.

Veridi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Veridi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Touri was sitting in the jeep as Frederick was driving the car, to hell knows where. Oh right. To the 22nd Parallel he thought, taking a small sip of water from his bag's water pouch. If we get to the 22nd Parallel...well, If I'm still awake and breathing, I just hope this water lasts. Or rather, those water rations...

Touri opened up his bag and dug a little deep to try to find something in one of the outer pouches. A Brita water bottle with a water filter. He didn't touch it, just redshifted all the stuff he slid over and closed the bag up. Good to know I can filter water. 24 ounces and the filter should last 220 filtrations. Though personally, a giant pot and a nutbag, spare shirt or even a pasta strainer would also be needed to sanitize and filter our water...and at 24 ounces, what can one do?

Touri piped up a little ""Hey. did anyone bring a large pot and an extra shirt, pasta strainer or a nutbag?" I think water is going to be a REAL problem we're going to face, if whatever bull the unknown doesn't send flying at our faces doing tap one of us first. I have a Brita water filter which could filter through about 5100 ounces of water at the very least, but it would be great if we could filter out any large particles and as many squirming invisible bastards as we can. At least, if there is anything remotely close to the water that can be found there at all. Radiation may be a small problem in some cases, but if we exhaust our water supply, something will have to be done. ""

Good thing Ember bought me those pills for radiation...Ember...everyone else I knew... ...dammit. dammit, dammit..... no. I need to be as strong and confident as I can for this. Sulking over is for nighttime...and, from the looks of it, not in front of the others. Noticing a small frown beginning to form on his face, he shifted it to a more natural frown. Frown. Pity were all so sad. But that's just bull. Nobody's always sad. Not according to...ah, fuck it. These thoughts are frustrating. But I need to focus.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:17 pm

"Police, calm the fuck down." Frederick stated "We are going to bring over 104 gallons of water, so that means that all of us have at least 20 gallons of fresh water to ourselves. The climate wasn't desert before the bombs started to go off, so it's likely going to be mild or freezing cold the entire time. The locals are still alive after all this time, so it's likely they will have water that is clean enough to support them. All of you are going to leave the area feeling like you had half a dose of chemo or something close to 50 x-rays in a row. In other words you are all going to die at like 70 of cancer, that's if your lungs, bad eating habits, and getting shot to many times don't do you in first."

He steered into the driveway and pressed down on the break, setting the Jeep into park. The SUV stopped as expected, so that he could look back at them all.

"Think of it this way." He said "You could have died while being born, you could have died after getting hit by a baseball at school, and you also could have been done in by being hit by another car. Anything can kill you, there is always the risk of death no matter where you are. Technically, one of you might actually be safer in the 22nd then you were wherever you lived. Just keep focused, don't be to much of a hero, and let me handle it."

He pointed to the other Jeep and snapped his figures, trying to think of someones name.

"Merc and explorer in the other car, Police is with me; and the new man gets to pick which Jeep to be in." He blinked "When we go into the valley, I want windows down and weapons pointed out of them if possible."

Veridi
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Veridi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Weapons pointed out of a vehicle, huh...well that's a great start. Wonder if Frederick got the not-a-tank retrofitted into an armored car, but whether or not he could do that, I'll make do. Sighing quietly to himself, Touri pulled out the Kriss Vector Gen II, and two 100-round drums. He grabbed a box containing a about 300 rounds of 9mm ammunition from the reserves he set apart for everyone else. He'd already set aside about seven hundred rounds for himself inside his backpack. Taking the box, he went over to the other van and placed it inside the other jeep.

"What a nice man" several voices rang inside his head, both his and of others he knew. Touri had a reputation for being fairly generous and ready to lend a shoulder. "Perhaps., he thought before talking to the two heading into the other jeep.

""You two heard the guy. Get your guns ready and aimed out of the window. To that extent, I'm giving you about 300 rounds of 9mm. Don't worry about me. If any of you have any weapons using 9mm it's best you load these if you don't have any hollows.

Going back in the car, he put his bag next to him. ""What a relief. Hahaha, Relief. That was funny"" he said out loud, follow by a small, quick sigh. ""So Frederick, what does this situation call for. Supressive fire, or some ammo conversion? This thing can dice out my drum magazine in as little as four seconds on full-auto with barely any recoil to speak of, but I can also go for two-round bursts so I don't plug a normal human being with 25 rounds to the knee or face when I can pop him in four or six. So, am I gonna set this to go loud or go smart?""
Last edited by Veridi on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Aramythia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Aramythia » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:16 pm

Airfield
Republic of Mind-Walker

Skilio was dreaming in the backseat of Frederick's jeep. Mindwalker seemed kind of ... empty, and the infrastructure wasn't the best. Like he was one to judge. Aramythia had dirt roads.

The SUV stopped suddenly, and Frederick was looking upon his tired group. Skilio looked at him absent-mindedly; He was raving about death or something. He snapped into attention when Frederick snapped his fingers, "Merc and explorer in the other car, Police is with me; and the new man gets to pick which Jeep to be in." He blinked "When we go into the valley, I want windows down and weapons pointed out of them if possible."

Skilio sat in his seat for a moment, trying to figure out who the explorer was. And the merc. What am doing here, anyway? he thought. The mercenary nudged him, and Skilio opened the door and got his things. He struggled out the door, which proved putting on his bag before getting out of the van was a bad idea. Across from him, a few yards away, was another jeep. It was a bit old and rusty, but Skilio had seen cars in worse states, but still could drive smootly at 50 miles per hour. He walked slowly to the jeep, and felt a cool breeze on his arms. The merc had disappeared. As his surroundings. The trip, only about 30 feet away, felt like it had lasted minutes. Skilio walked around to the right side of the jeep, and opened the backseat door, throwing his bag in first.

What a sight Skilio thought when he first saw the interior. The inside of the car basically matched the outside: a faint, dank scent, and a few scratches on the seats, not the best, not extremely bad. Skilio sat down inside the car. Despite its dankness, the seat actually felt dry, comfortable. Skilio then opened his bag, and took out his Beretta M9. He opened the package, took one of his box magazines, and inserted it into the gun. This was when he noticed a faint writing on the package. The gun was compatible with 9x19mm. In other words, he wasted money on a rare, old Luger. Skilio made a frown, but it soon disappeared when he looked up, and back out the window.
I came, I saw, I left
This is a box.

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:51 pm

When Skilio started for the other jeep to the rear of Frederick's soon-to-be roving caravan, Eydehnn just remembered something important as pat of his agglomerated contract. He stopped midway and flipped around his knapsack until it was directly underneath his right torso lopsided, flipping a buckle off with his left hand and reaching in for the contents. After a few seconds of rummaging, he pulled out the sleek black encrypted satphone for lengthy communications over long ranges — a model that they used in the Aleckandorean military's exploratory forces during limited operations in unknown lands faraway from even the nearest Confederate sovereign outpost. He looked up and saw Skilio already at the other Jeep Cherokee, which seemed to be in a much more ragtag condition than the first vehicle up front.

"Hold on, Riffin." the Aleckandorean called after him mildly, "Just give me a second, I'll be there. I have to make an important call before we set off." Quaintly, he strolled on over to the side near the shady underside of a tree on the dirt causeway adjacent to the airport tarmac and started inputting a code on the digital display, from which he selected a server and entered a rather lengthy connection serial. Ten seconds later, the dial chime rung out and he was online with his other superior: Dr. Nēāydhín Frāyzüwr, the Director of the Research Institute Of Primordial Origin — an unassuming but altogether enigmatic organization deep within darker recesses of the central Confederate government.

"Good morning, Eydehnn."
the good Doctor spoke over the line, probably sitting up in his bureaucratic office somewhere in the Pandomonita suburbs at that moment, having his usual mixed cup of assorted Yervhennic teas or perhaps working on his idealistic watercolor canvases.

"And good evening to you, Doctor." the mercenary said in kind, mindful of the time back in the Foundersland thousands of miles away. "Just touching base with you like you asked, that's all."

"Good, good, thank you." Frayzuwr followed up approvingly. "I trust you are at this point going to get underway, then?"

"Affirmative. We're gonna start heading down to the Gray Wall at the border. From there on out, it'll be a hundred or so miles of sand and rabid humans of The Void." Voldtzyr answered. "It's quite imperative that we get through the entirety of The Void before dusk sets, but I'm sure you know that."

Indeed, Mr. Voldtzyr, the Minewalkerian-Parallelian borderland parameters would be a most unfortunate place to get caught in the dark." the Doctor commented, the clanking sound of porcelain softly colliding with other porcelain evident on his the audio from his end. "Your proficiency in Paralleliskiy is decent, I presume?"

"Da, yai zobraniy nektorey dyu gogda yai voyeval vi Freyzer ryaidom s nimiy. [Yes, I picked up some while I fought in Frasier alongside with them.]" replied Voldtzyr in the best East Slavic accent he could emulate, "That language is pretty much a highly corrupted and evolved form of Modern Russian, but as always, I'm sure you — the finest xenolinguistic expert to be had anywhere in the Confederacy to date — already know this."

"Haha, deyztvidel'nyo yai shnaiyu, Zirzhyant. [Indeed, I do know, Sergeant.]" the Doctor said after a brief chuckle, showing off his superior command of the Armed Republic's harsh vernacular, "Satokh, ne zyabivaiytey myui yistinaiya strast'i bit'i izdoriyakh uz narotnaiya davno mynyuvshiey. Yazikhushebakhaiya khar tyol'ikho udiyn vitrochniy talandey. [However, don't forget that my true passion is the history of peoples long gone. Linguistics are only a side talent.]"

Eydehnn smiled, comprehending the full gist of what was said. 'How I wish I was more of an intellectual as you are, sir.' he thought to himself, 'But whereas you left the Marines for your work, I've left for mine. So it shall be, then.'

"I understand, Doc. I'll get you the artifacts and pics you'd like to come into possession of." said Eydehnn confidently. "I won't let you down."

"And I know you won't." the Doctor responded reassuringly. "Keep the others safe the best you can. Re-establish a link with me again in 48 hours or so, or whenever you can give me a report."

"Understood."

"Goodbye, Mr. Voldtzyr." the Doctor bade. He then switched to Suhraanoseon (the primary dialect of Aleckandor and all other majority Yervhennic nations) for this final mouthful of words: "Chüh ähnútôrph teoněhvny aihm tèh sênmó aihm zûbrínědtídaex. [May luck find you and all your travels.]"

"Chühmûkhaihm, Zhöktôhr. [Likewise, Doctor.]" the Bentusian-Aleckandorean mercenary at last then said, "Eydehnn Voldtzyr, signing off." He killed the channel and powered down the satphone completely, put it back in his knapsack, then jogged on over to the driver's side of the vehicle that he and the Aramythian were going to be sharing for the trip. He opened the door and climbed in, putting his Kalashnikov on the upper dash of the Jeep Cherokee and throwing his pack underneath the seat.

"You ready for this Skilio?" the gray man asked, trying to make sure this civilian explorer was really up for the daunting trek ahead of them.

The Tomanian Reich
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomanian Reich » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:48 pm

OC: This post will be a double post of sorts since I have been bad at keeping up with this, my apologies.
Aleckandor wrote:Local Airport | Endline | Republic Of Mindwalker

"Yeah, we'd be that group. Pleasure to meet you, my name's Eydehnn Voldtzyr of Aleckandor." Eydehnn answered, nodding. "Say," he went on to ask, "Judging by that helo you came in, you must be Tomanian military, correct? And after you answer that, what's your name?"

"I guess you could say I'm military, although it would be more proper to say I am a government agent, though I did serve in the Army for around 15 years. As for my name it's Hubertus Beukemann, pleasure to meet you too."
After introducing Himself to Eydehnn he introduced himself to everyone Else and found a seat in the jeep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Frederick stopped the jeep Beukemann hopped out of it and said "I'll go with the explorer and merc."
He put his stuff in the jeep and sat down next to Skilio and began to make some small talk with him and the Aleckandorean while he read some news from The Reich on his Phone. Not much interesting was happening in The Reich besides the government cracking down on some degenerates. So he sat back relaxed, and made some small talk to help the journey pass by quicker.
"So, are you guys any good with guns? If you need anything let me know and hopefully my military experiences can be helpful to you guys."
signature

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents