NATION

PASSWORD

Novus Universale Role-play

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Gold and Gospel

Postby Terra Equestor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 am

Your Eminence, I have recently annexed the regions of Lesser Dacia and Macedonia. As per my agreement with King Gustav, I extend an invitation to all Catholics who wish to spread their faith in these newly conquered territories. I shall lend my elite soldiers (as well as those of King Jason) to protect the monks both Catholic and Orthodox and to aid the spread of the Word in any way possible. These "guardians of the Gospel" will make sure that they are able to build churches and monasteries and protect them from any unruly pagan or bandit. I hope you will allow me to create such an order, and that Your Eminence will support this cause. I shall also be sending an envoy in order to secure a profitable trade network in the Central-East Mediterranean.
- King Timothy the Pious to Pope Francis I

The Per Christos, bearing the Equestor Envoy to Rome
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... D4KHQm5AL4

The Duchy of Prussia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Prussian Ultimatum

Postby The Duchy of Prussia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Gustav I issues one last warning to Francais De Royaume!

To fight against our fellow brother, our fellow Catholic, is an abomination, one that shall not be tolerated in the Catholic Pact. The unity brought by our faith cannot be severed by anything but a lack of faith, and as such if this aggression continues, then all nations that aggress against their fellow Catholic face expulsion from the Pact, face Inquisition, and if a source of Heresy is discovered, possibly crusade. End hostilities at once, lest the Papacy and the Prussian monarchy, as the Protector of the Faith, judge thee unworthy to bear the mantle of the Pact.

Gustav I has issued an ultimatum to the French nations, cease hostilities or be expelled from the Pact of Catholic Kingdoms, and face inquisition.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Guilty Party

Postby Terra Equestor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:52 pm

The Duchy of Prussia wrote:Gustav I issues one last warning to Francais De Royaume!

To fight against our fellow brother, our fellow Catholic, is an abomination, one that shall not be tolerated in the Catholic Pact. The unity brought by our faith cannot be severed by anything but a lack of faith, and as such if this aggression continues, then all nations that aggress against their fellow Catholic face expulsion from the Pact, face Inquisition, and if a source of Heresy is discovered, possibly crusade. End hostilities at once, lest the Papacy and the Prussian monarchy, as the Protector of the Faith, judge thee unworthy to bear the mantle of the Pact.

Gustav I has issued an ultimatum to the French nations, cease hostilities or be expelled from the Pact of Catholic Kingdoms, and face inquisition.

This startling ultimatum was heard far and wide. King Timothy hoped that Tyr-Basiliscus would be preserved, and thought that the aggressors of the conflict should be the ones punished. Nevertheless he hopes to extend help to the Pact through monetary means.
Our nation is well placed, right next to the Papacy, all trade in the East Mediterranean shall come to Illyria in it's own time.
The Bishop Gregorios representing the Orthdox Church of Terra Equestor in his visit to Rome stated
Though King Timothy does not wish to drag his people into yet another war, he will nor abandon his allies, King Gustav of Prussia and King Clyde and Prince Paul of Basilscus, or his commitment to the Pact.
Terra Equestor continues to be an influx of faith and commerce in the East, as Orthodox and Catholic missionary alike enter under the aid of the "Guardians of the Gospel".

A Procession of Orthodox Monks:
http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images ... /lg.01.jpg

A Procession of Catholic Priests:
http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-me ... 35F0B6.jpg

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Wedding Bells! Oh, and there's a speech, too.

Postby Terra Equestor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:18 pm

After fighting long and hard, Terra Equestor has the peace it so deserves. With the rising of this new flag, so too shall arise a united kingdom of Illyria, Dacia, and Macedonia! Today rises Terra Equestor! Let celebration and prosperity fill our days rather than the bleak past. Let us rise forth to take our place in history!
The crowd cheers in Illyricum, the capital of the new Fiefdom.
Now, I would like to introduce to you: your new queen! Queen Erika the first, our wedding shall take place a month, a week and a day (Approx 39 ish days) from now, and I hope that King Gustav will attend.
Cries of "Long Live King Timothy! Long Live Queen Erika! Long Live the Two Churches!" ring long into the night...

Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:20 pm

Sanctum has officially captured Italy, and we are moving further into France.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Guardians of the Gospel or the Pope?

Postby Terra Equestor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:18 pm

The Order of the Guardians of the Gospel (or the Knight Guardians) is an Illyrian sponsored Order, blessed by both Pope Francis I and Patriach Titos Andros of the Orthodox Church to protect any and all missionaries. But with the rising power of the Sanctum Imperium capturing the Papal States and going so far as to claim it's authority, these Knights are beginning to question their mission. Their motto states Protegendi Fidem, pro Deo et Ecclesie (Protect the Faith, for God and Church), and their mission is precisely that. They are not bound by Kings, but rather protect both Churches and help spread their respective faith. But with the Catholic Church is being threatened, Sir Christopher (the commander-captain of the Catholic portion of the order) demands that they uphold their duties and wage war with the Romans. However, Sir Stephen of Sarajevo, a captain in the Catholic portion seeks "To remain true to their cause, spread the word to those who need it" and not to interfere with the outside world.

The Banner of the Knight Guardians:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... kgodRjQJgg

The Duchy of Prussia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Prussian Papacy

Postby The Duchy of Prussia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:34 pm

King Gustav demands that Sanctum Romus return the Papal State's to a Sovereign, Neutral entity!
THIS HERESY IN AN OUTRAGE! We cannot reasonably allow any nation claiming to be the Papacy to lay claim to all of Europa. The false Papacy must be deposed! As Defender of the Roman Catholic Faith, Prussia assumes control of the Papacy until it can be restored in Roma, and as such, if Sanctum Roma does not relinquish its claim, there WILL be a Crusade!

The Prussian king has spoken, Sanctum Romus can either relinquish its claim to Papacy and return the Papal State its independence or face Crusade by all willing nations.
I implore all loyal Catholics to ready themselves to fight against this betrayal of the faith, fight for God and for the Lord Jesus Christ, so that their vision shall never dim!

Outcry of Heresy across Europe has rose.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Here we go again...

Postby Terra Equestor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:45 pm

The Duchy of Prussia wrote:King Gustav demands that Sanctum Romus return the Papal State's to a Sovereign, Neutral entity!
THIS HERESY IN AN OUTRAGE! We cannot reasonably allow any nation claiming to be the Papacy to lay claim to all of Europa. The false Papacy must be deposed! As Defender of the Roman Catholic Faith, Prussia assumes control of the Papacy until it can be restored in Roma, and as such, if Sanctum Roma does not relinquish its claim, there WILL be a Crusade!

The Prussian king has spoken, Sanctum Romus can either relinquish its claim to Papacy and return the Papal State its independence or face Crusade by all willing nations.
I implore all loyal Catholics to ready themselves to fight against this betrayal of the faith, fight for God and for the Lord Jesus Christ, so that their vision shall never dim!

Outcry of Heresy across Europe has rose.

When hearing of this, King Timothy the Pious had only this to say
Oooooooh boy...

La Royaume de Francais
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby La Royaume de Francais » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:34 pm

Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani wrote:Sanctum has officially captured Italy, and we are moving further into France.

OOC: Dude, don't conquer places with a single line of script... and with no casualties.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Defenders of the Faith

Postby Terra Equestor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:25 pm

To all Christians, Catholic and Orthodox, I give you this: The Knights of the Order of the Guardians of the Gospel. Our mission, to aid the spread of the Holy Word to the vast barbarian populace that was annexed by Illyria. But I say, we have yet a higher goal. That is, to defend the common believer from the corruption and subversion of the Papacy done by "Sacntus" Romani! Though I am Catholic, I too call Sir Lysander, an Orthodox "brother"? Does he not do the same for me? How much more did fellow Catholics rose up and called one another "brother" when the Pact of Christendom was forged? But now, these brothers are at each others throats, to satisfy one petty desire of dominion-ship or another. Even the Republic of Rome is daring to equate his authority with that of the Pope! To all Christians, French, Basiliscusian, Prussian, Roman, Verdmontian, Nalvograadian, Athenian, and my fellow Equestors, Catholic and Orthodox alike... The time has come upon us to relinquish our ties to mere "borders", to swear allegiance and die to mere mortal Kings. Let us instead swear fealty to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and the Prince of Peace who said himself, "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth" Let us be like Saint Peter who is the rock that the Churches stand on, and be like Him who tends us like sheep. Let us in defense of the common and the meek and the defenseless rise forth and take arms against the heresy and corruption that is the work of Satan! Brothers in Christ, hear my words and arise!
Sir Christopher, Commander of the Catholic Legion of the Knight Guardians, at the Council of the 14 in Illyricum.

Tyr-Basiliscus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

News From the Kingdom, Year 1071

Postby Tyr-Basiliscus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:24 am

News from Tyr-Basiliscus, Year 1071

THREATS OF WAR
These days are turbulent all over the Known World. To the South, in Italy, The Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani has become the Papal State. Still, the Duchy of Prussia believes this to not be rightful in the Name of the Church, thus the Second Holy Crusade might start (the first finished in Year 1067).
Near to our territory, though, other happenings are brewing up. Le Royaume de Francais to our South and Verdmontia to our North have given us war threats, but for now nothing has actually happened. Our King, Clyde, has called out to allies and fellow members of the Christian Pact:
Dear Friends and Allies, I call out to you. We have received war threats from countries too strong for us to take on on our own. The Duchy of Prussia, Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani and Terra Equestor have already said they'll help both in economic and militaristic terms. I call out to GreatAthens and Nalvograad. Please help us in this arduous time.

Our soldiers marching through Normandie: Image

NEW MARRIAGES
Eugeníe de Rouge, King Clyde's second son, and Marie-Catherine de Rouge, Commander Alfred's only daughter, have reached the age of marriage, as they are both 18. Notices are to be sent to Verdmontia, Le Royaume de Francais, Nalvograad, GreatAthens, Terra Equestor, Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani and The Duchy of Prussia. If any of these listed countries want to, please contact Tyr-Basiliscus.

The Isle of Man Castle, where the de Rouge bloodline has lived for years: Image

BABY ON THE WAY..?
The married couple formed by Prince Paul de Rouge and Princess Andromeda of Macedonia, of age 22 and 17, might be having a baby in the way. Young Paul hasn't wanted to talk about it in public.
Last edited by Tyr-Basiliscus on Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verdmontia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Verdmontia » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:34 am

The Daily News

Ambrosius coming down sick!

King Ambrosius of Verdmontia has come down sick with dysentery, and it is unlikely there are any cures for this. Ambrosius has stated that his son Julius is to become the new king if he is killed. We will keep you informed.

Viking Naval Group spotted!

A group of rogue savages, likely from Scandinavia, have been spotted about 15 miles off the coast by a scouting squadron of 5 ships. They have been identified as vikings, and have about 3 ships and an estimated 5,000 troops. When the scouts returned to the coast, they warned the nearby soldiers, and the Essex Division is being sent to combat them before they land. Stay tuned for more.

Some infantry preparing: Image
Last edited by Verdmontia on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verdmontia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Verdmontia » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:17 am

The Daily News

Victory!

When the naval squad returned, the Essex Division was mobilized, and it was deployed in the following way:
  • Elite Infantry on the right flank
  • Spearmen on the left flank
  • Average infantry in the center
  • Cavalry and archers in the rear

The 50,000 Soldiers of the Division waited for the vikings to come, and, eventually, the vikings came. Yet, instead of the estimated 9,000 soldiers, 10,000 soldiers came. While they landed, the 10,000 archers in the rear began a massive attack, killing about 1,000 vikings. Despite this heavy bombardment, the vikings came in and marched forward, savagely. When they marched forward, 30,000 infantry were prepared to fight them, having a huge numerical advantage. This numerical advantage made it very hard for the vikings, despite the vikings being well-trained and organized.

When the hand to hand combat began, the vikings initially knocked out several infantry, killing about 1,200, however, the right flank pushed the vikings deep into the center, and trapped them, allowing for cavalry to come in and slaughter 3,000 of them. Yet, despite begin encircled, the vikings continued resisting. Being pagans, when they were eventually defeated, the survivors were captured and burned at the stake.

After the battle finished, the viking ships were captured and their flags were identified as a tribe in Sweden and a rogue tribe in Norway. We will further investigate this.

The Combat: Image

The Cavalry: Image

Some Vikings being tortured: Image
Last edited by Verdmontia on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyr-Basiliscus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Great News from Normandie!

Postby Tyr-Basiliscus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:22 am

Last year, during the course of the summer, there were voices of Princess Andromeda of Macedonia being pregnant. Still, these voices were brought down by her husband, Prince Paul, who stated that she wasn't.
Now, though, she is! 2 days ago, on the 19th of March of Year 1072, Paul said this:
This time, it's all for real! My dear Andromeda is pregnant, and the child should bd born in no more than six months. Our advisor, Segentasse, has been called, and after having speaken with the Lord, he said it will be a boy!

We all hope, naturally, that Segentasse was correct. Now, the nation waits anxiously for these months to pass, so a new person may join the Royal Family!
We will keep you informed.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Maximilian's Rebellion

Postby Terra Equestor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:32 am

Duke Maximilian of Byrillis led a rebellion of peasants against King Timothy. Their reasoning, famine and high taxes. The lack of food and money proved too much, as the army deserted to rally behind this Duke. Princess Andromeda has fled northward to Basiliscus and King Jason has withdrawn from the Kingdom. Maximilian now reigns as the Lord Regent, and declares Illyria to be a Catholic state, persecuting the Orthodox and blaming them for taxing the peasantry and hoarding the food. King Timothy is captured and executed, apparently not attempting to flee like all of the other nobles. Meanwhile, Maximilian reigns in all but name, and has launched a mass purging of Orthodox Christians.

King Timothy's being hung and disemboweled due to high tax rates.

A mass execution of Orthodox and sympathetic Catholic priests, as per Lord Maximilian's Orders
Last edited by Terra Equestor on Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Long Live the Republic!

Postby Terra Equestor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:52 am

Maximilian has declared himself "First Proconsul" of the new Republic of Illyria, promising food and wealth for all and a uniting Catholic Church. The surrounding nations have yet to recognize this new nation, and rumors of a Macedonian Prince being born in distant Basiliscus has Maximilian's first priority to align himself with Francois.

Maximilian, Proconsul of the Republic of Illyria:

Tyr-Basiliscus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Terra Equestorian Rebellion!

Postby Tyr-Basiliscus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:53 am

Terra Equestor Falls Under Rebels

Illyria as we know it has ceased to exist. King Timothy is dead, Jason has escaped and Orthodoxes are being mass-killed.
King Clyde I, having seen this happen, has sent a message to Maximilian, the new leader of Equestor.
Esteemed leader, I have seen and read about the grave happenings of your lands lately. I am now, here, talking to you to ask if our alliance is still up, and if you will remain a member of the Christian Pact. This is all, God be with you.

3 Diplomats, guarded by 800 High Guards, have just reached Illyria, where they will talk about these terms.

Our galleys arriving in Illyria: Image

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

To the King of Basiliscus...

Postby Terra Equestor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:12 am

Tyr-Basiliscus wrote:Terra Equestor Falls Under Rebels

Illyria as we know it has ceased to exist. King Timothy is dead, Jason has escaped and Orthodoxes are being mass-killed.
King Clyde I, having seen this happen, has sent a message to Maximilian, the new leader of Equestor.
Esteemed leader, I have seen and read about the grave happenings of your lands lately. I am now, here, talking to you to ask if our alliance is still up, and if you will remain a member of the Christian Pact. This is all, God be with you.

3 Diplomats, guarded by 800 High Guards, have just reached Illyria, where they will talk about these terms.

To His Majesty, Clyde the First of that name: Greetings. As a Republic, we do not tolerate royalty, nor the troubles they brought. However, we will keep our Alliance if Prince Paul would lend us Princess Andromeda into our care. That includes the unborn child that she carries. We will care for her as if she is one of our own, and I can guarantee that the child, whatever gender, will wield great power in this new Republic and be my successor. Failure to meet these demands will result in our breaking of the alliance in favor of one with the Dominion Francois, seeing that he is a Mediterranean power. Compliance will grant you dominion-ship in Macedonia, and you may do with the provinces as you please as long as you do not interfere with Illyrian internal affairs. I await your reply.

- Maximilian of Byllris, Proconsul of the Catholic Republic of Illyria.
Last edited by Terra Equestor on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyr-Basiliscus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

King Clyde's Speech

Postby Tyr-Basiliscus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:34 am

Terra Equestor wrote:
Tyr-Basiliscus wrote:Terra Equestor Falls Under Rebels

To His Majesty, Clyde the First of that name: Greetings. As a Republic, we do not tolerate royalty, nor the troubles they brought. However, we will keep our Alliance if Prince Paul would lend us Princess Andromeda into our care. That includes the unborn child that she carries. We will care for her as if she is one of our own, and I can guarantee that the child, whatever gender, will wield great power in this new Republic and be my successor. Failure to meet these demands will result in our breaking of the alliance in favor of one with the Dominion Francois, seeing that he is a Mediterranean power. Compliance will grant you dominion-ship in Macedonia, and you may do with the provinces as you please as long as you do not interfere with Illyrian internal affairs. I await your reply.

- Maximilian of Byllris, Proconsul of the Catholic Republic of Illyria.

I must say, frankly, that I am shocked. Still, what can one expect from these "Republics". I would like to talk about your use, dear "Maxy", of the word lend. It is not one which I commonly use with people. Can you not understand that Princess Andromeda is now a member of our kingdom? She is married to a direct heir to the throne, and her child will grow hating you, as you have wiped away part of his known world.
Having said this, I would also remind you that your army isn't exactly what I would call "powerful and disciplined"... peasants and farmers, that's what you have in your ranks.
My diplomats have been called back to our kingdom, as clearly there is no sense in further talks. You, "Maxy", are a monster. You may not use my people and no, Andromeda will not be "lended".
Thank you, and God Bless. If any act is taken against our diplomats leaving Illyria, expect a bloody nose.

King Alfred's Speech to Maximilian

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Maxy's Mischief continues further

Postby Terra Equestor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:52 am

I must say, frankly, that I am shocked. Still, what can one expect from these "Republics". I would like to talk about your use, dear "Maxy", of the word lend. It is not one which I commonly use with people. Can you not understand that Princess Andromeda is now a member of our kingdom? She is married to a direct heir to the throne, and her child will grow hating you, as you have wiped away part of his known world.
Having said this, I would also remind you that your army isn't exactly what I would call "powerful and disciplined"... peasants and farmers, that's what you have in your ranks.
My diplomats have been called back to our kingdom, as clearly there is no sense in further talks. You, "Maxy", are a monster. You may not use my people and no, Andromeda will not be "lended".
Thank you, and God Bless. If any act is taken against our diplomats leaving Illyria, expect a bloody nose.

King Alfred's Speech to Maximilian[/quote][/quote]

You must understand that though there are "peasants" in my army, the same can be said of all nations. May I lend to you the circumstances of which Andromeda, a Princess of Illyria came unto your "protection"? She initially rejected Paul in order to "save his kingdom from invasion" or some nonsense. As for the future "Prince Lukos" he will be, if Andromeda is still under your "protection" a Basiliscusian Prince, and will have as much right to the throne of Illyria as a goat-herder. After all, you consider her a member of your "Royal Family". Under my protection, she can still maintain the relationship she has with Paul, and he can be Prince of Macedonia, which I believe was the initial agreement between Timothy the Tyrant and yourself. However I am not unreasonable. I will uphold the alliances of the Catholic Pact above all else, and perhaps there will be other ways we can help one another. After all, you did help rid the heathen invaders with the late King, so Illyria is prepared to become a nexus of trade and commerce. I hope you are not so blinded by your "familial oaths" to a Orthodox tyrant that you neglect an opportunity of trade with a friendly Catholic nation in the Mediterranean. Our ambassadors can meet other summits, and we will still stand by you out of our Oath to the Catholic Pact. In fact, I am planning a diplomatic leave for Rome in order to see if the Pact can aid the Catholic Republic. I do hope to see you there.

Tyr-Basiliscus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyr-Basiliscus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:17 am

Terra Equestor wrote:

King Alfred's Speech to Maximilian
[/quote]

You must understand that though there are "peasants" in my army, the same can be said of all nations. May I lend to you the circumstances of which Andromeda, a Princess of Illyria came unto your "protection"? She initially rejected Paul in order to "save his kingdom from invasion" or some nonsense. As for the future "Prince Lukos" he will be, if Andromeda is still under your "protection" a Basiliscusian Prince, and will have as much right to the throne of Illyria as a goat-herder. After all, you consider her a member of your "Royal Family". Under my protection, she can still maintain the relationship she has with Paul, and he can be Prince of Macedonia, which I believe was the initial agreement between Timothy the Tyrant and yourself. However I am not unreasonable. I will uphold the alliances of the Catholic Pact above all else, and perhaps there will be other ways we can help one another. After all, you did help rid the heathen invaders with the late King, so Illyria is prepared to become a nexus of trade and commerce. I hope you are not so blinded by your "familial oaths" to a Orthodox tyrant that you neglect an opportunity of trade with a friendly Catholic nation in the Mediterranean. Our ambassadors can meet other summits, and we will still stand by you out of our Oath to the Catholic Pact. In fact, I am planning a diplomatic leave for Rome in order to see if the Pact can aid the Catholic Republic. I do hope to see you there.
[/quote]

Dear Maxy,
First of all, going back to the army talk, yes all armies have peasants, but those peasants are usually trained. Your peasants, on the other hand, are just a pathetic group of little angry men.
My grandchild, who will be called Markos, not Lukos, wasn't included in any pact between me and King Timothy, so he will become a Prince of Normandie,Bretagne, Picardie and Calais. Even Princess Andromeda says so.
If my words have offended you, I give you my most humble excuses. Still, I cannot and will not give up members of my Royal Family to you, Maxy. If there is any other ways in which we can remain allies, please tell me.
Thank you, and God Bless.

GreatAthens
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GreatAthens » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:25 am

The Athenian Post

New Republic Recognized by the Parliament of Athens

The new republic of Terra Equestor has been recognized by the Parliament of Athens. In a vote, 207-103, the Parliament did recognize Terra Equestor.

Hellenic Parliament is elected via a proportional system, in which a party gets the same percentage of seats as it obtained percentage of the vote. One must be 21 to vote and be registered.

Current Political Division in the Parliament;

Governing Parties
  • Independent Greeks. Seats: 143 (Views: Centrist, Conservative, Centre-right)
  • Golden Dawn. Seats: 17 (Views: Neo-fascist)

Official Opposition
  • Panhellenic socialist movement. Seats: 75 (Views: Centre-left, socialist)

Other opposition
  • Communist Party of Greece. Seats: 35 (Views: Radical Left, Communist, Socialist)
  • The River. Seats: 20. (Views: Centre-left)
  • Social Democracy. Seats: 10 (Views: Centre-left)
Last edited by GreatAthens on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Equestor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:34 am

GreatAthens wrote:The Athenian Post

New Republic Recognized by the Parliament of Athens

The new republic of Terra Equestor has been recognized by the Parliament of Athens. In a vote, 207-103, the Parliament did recognize Terra Equestor.

Hellenic Parliament is elected via a proportional system, in which a party gets the same percentage of seats as it obtained percentage of the vote. One must be 21 to vote and be registered.

Current Political Division in the Parliament;

Governing Parties
  • Independent Greeks. Seats: 143 (Views: Conservative)
  • Golden Dawn. Seats: 17 (Views: Neo-fascist)
I'm glad someone sees the importance of the Catholic Republic. An Orthodox Republic, of all the irony...

Official Opposition
  • Panhellenic socialist movement. Seats: 75 (Views: Centre-left, socialist)

Other opposition
  • Communist Party of Greece. Seats: 35 (Views: Radical Left, Communist, Socialist)
  • The River. Seats: 20. (Views: Centre-left)
  • Social Democracy. Seats: 10 (Views: Centre-left)

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Proconsul of the Ports

Postby Terra Equestor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:41 am

Dear Maxy,
First of all, going back to the army talk, yes all armies have peasants, but those peasants are usually trained. Your peasants, on the other hand, are just a pathetic group of little angry men.
My grandchild, who will be called Markos, not Lukos, wasn't included in any pact between me and King Timothy, so he will become a Prince of Normandie,Bretagne, Picardie and Calais. Even Princess Andromeda says so.
If my words have offended you, I give you my most humble excuses. Still, I cannot and will not give up members of my Royal Family to you, Maxy. If there is any other ways in which we can remain allies, please tell me.
[/quote]

Your Majesty, I'm glad that the wretched lineage of that babbling money-grubbing Tyrant is legally diminished. I would be more than honored to acknowledge the child as Prince of Basiliscus. We may trade as nation states, for I have access to the Mediterranean, thanks to recognition of Greater Athens. We may trade and stand side by side as when the alliance was first forged. If you are interested in conducting trade, my nation is in need of "Agricultural Point" and something about "Trout Fishing". Perhaps we can allow a some havens for your merchant ships to trade with the Athenian colonies in Outremer. I look forward to our next meeting. Signed in all good fellowship, Maximilian, Proconsul of the Catholic Republic of Illyria.

Tyr-Basiliscus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyr-Basiliscus » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:00 am

Terra Equestor wrote:
Dear Maxy,

Your Majesty, I'm glad that the wretched lineage of that babbling money-grubbing Tyrant is legally diminished. I would be more than honored to acknowledge the child as Prince of Basiliscus. We may trade as nation states, for I have access to the Mediterranean, thanks to recognition of Greater Athens. We may trade and stand side by side as when the alliance was first forged. If you are interested in conducting trade, my nation is in need of "Agricultural Point" and something about "Trout Fishing". Perhaps we can allow a some havens for your merchant ships to trade with the Athenian colonies in Outremer. I look forward to our next meeting. Signed in all good fellowship, Maximilian, Proconsul of the Catholic Republic of Illyria.
[/quote]

So Maxy,
Good seeing you haven't gone totally crazy. I would be happy if our countries managed trading, but this alliance will only take place if Princess Andromeda and her son will remain in Tyr-Basiliscus. If you accept, Markos will never become a threat to you unless you do something stupid. You know what I nean, don't you?
If you accept, trading will start. I am sorry to say I can't give you any agricultural or fishing units, but we can work on it. Alright Maxy-Max?
Bye, thank you and God Bless.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents