NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:19 am

Wallenburg wrote:I don't care much for Cain as a character. Interesting but cliché. PLW is a good writer though.

Thank? You ain't too shabby yourself honestly.

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:20 am

Peace Loving Warlords wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
Honestly PLW is like fucking Tarantino with his dialogue.

Stop you'll make me blush... you ass. Lol jk

Damn, now if I could only be half as charming around women as I am on NS, I might not spend so much time in my house xD :rofl:
Cheers mates.

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:21 am

Sarejo wrote:
Stop you'll make me blush... you ass. Lol jk

Damn, now if I could only be half as charming around women as I am on NS, I might not spend so much time in my house xD :rofl:

I am a man, dude. Chill...

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:23 am

Sarejo wrote:

I am a man, dude. Chill...

I know bro, it was a joke xD Chill....
Cheers mates.

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:29 am

Cain post edited, gave it a name an fixed a few mistakes in there...

Now's bedtime for me.
Last edited by Peace Loving Warlords on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:40 am

This looks like fun. I'll need to have a think while I come up with an application since I want to reuse a character from another zombie RP but obviously the setting will require I do some rewriting first. Plus, reading the OP's going to take a while :P
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:40 am

Posted for Aspen.

Ularn wrote:This looks like fun. I'll need to have a think while I come up with an application since I want to reuse a character from another zombie RP but obviously the setting will require I do some rewriting first. Plus, reading the OP's going to take a while :P

Always welcomed to having new faces.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:45 am

Posted for the Vultures.

So, Jennifer is really walking a thin line. She has to pretend like she isn't enjoying this to keep Cain on her side, but at the same time her own psychotic tendencies are starting to finally kick in without Paulson to hold her back.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:47 am

New Grestin wrote:Posted for the Vultures.

So, Jennifer is really walking a thin line. She has to pretend like she isn't enjoying this to keep Cain on her side, but at the same time her own psychotic tendencies are starting to finally kick in without Paulson to hold her back.

Like how he's officially Sasquatch now.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:51 am

Beiarusia wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Posted for the Vultures.

Like how he's officially Sasquatch now.

It was hard not to just call him Sasquatch.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:58 am

New Grestin wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Like how he's officially Sasquatch now.

It was hard not to just call him Sasquatch.

Post incoming momentarily.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:58 am

If nobody minds, could Aspen's response be a bullet in the good Emperor's kneecap? Courtesy of Wes, of course.
Cheers mates.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:09 am

Posted.

Sarejo wrote:If nobody minds, could Aspen's response be a bullet in the good Emperor's kneecap? Courtesy of Wes, of course.

I mean, no one's stopping you from taking a potshot.

I'm heading off for the night. See ya guys.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:37 am

Short yet satisfying post is up.
Cheers mates.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:54 am

Sarejo wrote:Short yet satisfying post is up.

Didn't actually think you'd hit. Also probably just sealed the fate of Aspen now.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:00 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:Short yet satisfying post is up.

Didn't actually think you'd hit. Also probably just sealed the fate of Aspen now.

Let's be honest, Grestin wanted to burn it to the ground anyways ;) Now I want to solidify his resolve, but I'll be damned if I don't take out some of the bastards before I run with Luke and Lucia.
Cheers mates.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:09 am

Sarejo wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Didn't actually think you'd hit. Also probably just sealed the fate of Aspen now.

Let's be honest, Grestin wanted to burn it to the ground anyways ;) Now I want to solidify his resolve, but I'll be damned if I don't take out some of the bastards before I run with Luke and Lucia.

The best laid plans of mice and men. Something's gonna go wrong. Somewhere. Some time.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:54 am

Still a work in progress as I put together the bio and personality sections. I'll let you know when it's ready to submit but in the mean time any suggestions or queries are welcome.

Name: Flynn "Flak" Lachlan
Nation Name: Ularn
Birthplace: London, United Kingdom
Ethnicity: White Scottish
Pic/Description: Flak stands just about exactly six feet tall, with copper hair shaved short on the back and sides but left to grow longer on the top and fringe, which curls down over his forehead in a side parting over a pierced right eyebrow and hazel eyes. His face is narrow and angular and he also sports a short-trimmed goatee and moustache. Flak's normally pale skin has been faintly tanned and heavily freckled by working outdoors and his slim frame is toned from labouring without being outright muscular. He has a seirpinski triangle tattooed on his left shoulder and a map of the solar system running up his spine. Flak wears pretty ordinary construction worker's gear; brown steel-toecapped workboots, khaki cargo trousers with padded knees, workgloves and a green zip-up hoody with the sleeves cut off. In situations where stealth isn't any priority, he puts on a hi-vis vest to make him easily visible to allies. He carries most of his tools/weapons in a black leather toolbelt around his waist and other supplies in a fluorescent orange backpack which he still keeps his hard hat attached to, just in case. Using some discarded PVC pipe, Flak has also crafted himself a kind of armour for his left arm which more or less protects it from bites.

Immunity: Immune

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Although friendly and open, Flak boasts a bit of an arrogant streak which he gets away with by making no effort to conceal or deny while also being utterly unapologetic for, even going as far to exaggerate this fault through his sarcastic and sometimes acerbic sense of humour.
Skills: Flak is a skilled builder, able to rapidly create effective barricades and other defensive structures in a short time with the right equipment. Scavenging construction materials with the rebuilders has made him highly resourceful with a strong personal initiative. Flak is also a formidable opponent at close quarters and the same resourcefulness has meant he can improvise almost anything as a weapon.
Likes: Flak is immensely proud of his own handiwork and one of his favourite things is to see a building project come together through his own effort and teamwork.
Dislikes: Wherever possible, Flak avoids using firearms against the infected, albeit for practical rather than moral reasons; ammo is scarce and the sound of gunfire inevitably attracts more infected. Flak would rather utilise stealth to avoid conflict entirely but will readily repurpose his toolbelt into an array of deadly weapons where confrontation is unavoidable.
Fears: Having never suffered a bite in his life, Flak does not know for certain whether he is actually immune to the T-13 virus or simply uninfected.

Bio: Flynn was born in the early years of the outbreak to Scottish parents who had fled their home to the London Quarantine Zone. Unwilling to raise their child amid the crime and poverty of the overcrowded QZ, his parents (both young professionals before the outbreak) traded all their remaining possessions to buy passage on a sailboat over the Atlantic to where, it was rumoured, the United States was faring slightly better than Great Britain.
This turned out to be false. After a treacherous, month-long voyage, the Lachlans landed in New York to find conditions even worse than what they had left. They fled inland, avoiding the worst examples of the anarchy that plagued the former USA long enough to find a civilisation of sorts. Somewhere in Pennsylvania they found their first good luck since leaving their home country. Flynn's mother had a brother, a carpenter who had emigrated to the US long before the outbreak. By chance, he had not only survived but become part of a fledgling community calling themselves the Rebuilders. The Rebuilders were mostly tradesmen and their families who had taken to finding pre-outbreak construction sites and either scavenging them for materials or continuing with the project, turning these sites into veritable fortresses against the infected and other marauders. Speaking on his family's behalf, Flynn's uncle was able to vouch for his sister, his brother in law and the nephew he had never met and all were accepted into the group.
Life in the Rebuilders community was a far cry from growing up before the outbreak but Flynn knew no better and lived much more comfortably than most survivors could boast inside the fortresses. He was safe as a child and his toys were hammers and spanners, nuts, bolts and planks of timber. With their previous careers having little relevance in the new world, Flynn's father became a labourer while his mother took up teaching Flynn and the other children in a makeshift schoolhouse, where he was revealed as a capable and intelligent student.
Flynn's true passion lay elsewhere, however, and increasingly as he got older he spent more of his free time in the workshops or on construction sites, helping his father and his uncle. At around the age of thirteen Flynn - now 'Flak' to most people - quit school entirely and started working as a labourer. A few years later his uncle took him on as an apprentice and by the time he turned twenty Flak was as qualified as any pre-outbreak carpenter. By now the Rebuilders were a recognised presence on the upper east coast and they had influence in the post-outbreak barter economy, trading their expertise for cattle, farming materials, or simply training in areas they lacked experience in. Flak travelled between and beyond his community's fortresses, shoring up defences or building entirely new ones. Rebuilder clients included survivors from almost every faction; even bandits recognised they were too tough to crack and traded their plunder in return for their own defences.
Rebuilder society had laws and among them were strict ones about theft. Rebuilders lived by their tools and stealing another tradesman's equipment was a capital crime. Flak was in his mid-twenties when such an accusation was levelled against him. The wrench had been borrowed, he claimed, and he was sure he had returned it and had no idea how it ended up in his pack. In the end, there was sufficient doubt Flak had been framed somehow that his sentence was commuted to banishment. Forced to turn his back on the only home he ever knew, Flak took his tools and headed west, trading his skills at the settlements along the way for food and supplies, looking for a new home.

RP Examples: Children of Infinity
Last edited by Ularn on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Partially Blind People
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Partially Blind People » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:00 am

Anything much happen in the OOC over the past 6 pages or so?

Also, I'm going to have Jeremy wounded instead of dead, that horse has far too much untold backstory to die now.
Generation 34 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signiture on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man
The unfortunate truth of politics:
Vulkanas wrote:And so, after many months of fighting, squabbling, and not doing much else, nothing was accomplished.
THE END

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:13 am

FINALLY shit is happening in Aspen. Time for Edward to execute the children.

But seriously, I'm not sure what to do here. I sure as hell don't want to be captured by the Vultures, but running away and going solo sounds incredibly boring.
Last edited by The Wolven League on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:31 am

The Wolven League wrote:FINALLY shit is happening in Aspen. Time for Edward to execute the children.

But seriously, I'm not sure what to do here. I sure as hell don't want to be captured by the Vultures, but running away and going solo sounds incredibly boring.

*looks at quote*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCuUIkEtJjo

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:55 am

The Wolven League wrote:FINALLY shit is happening in Aspen. Time for Edward to execute the children.

Evacuate some kids, and a sick guy and flee to Junction.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:16 am

Cain post is up. Enjoy the debauchery.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:34 am

Peace Loving Warlords wrote:Cain post is up. Enjoy the debauchery.

Is it bad that I just noticed that Cain hears voices?
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:57 am

The Wolven League wrote:
Peace Loving Warlords wrote:Cain post is up. Enjoy the debauchery.

Is it bad that I just noticed that Cain hears voices?

Who'd you think he was talking too? Himself? Wait a minute...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse