NATION

PASSWORD

Novus Universale Role-play

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
GreatAthens
Attaché

Founded: Aug 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Novus Universale Role-play

Postby GreatAthens » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:16 pm

This is the official role-play forum of Novus Universale. Do not post here unless you are in the regions Nova Automata or Novus Universale.
Last edited by GreatAthens on Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyr-Basiliscus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Tyr-Basiliscus » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:11 pm

Tyr-Basiliscus is Born in Northern France!

On this great day, the kingdom of Tyr Basiliscus is born in Brittany, Normandy and Picardie. The 5,000,000 population has already moved in, and is under our new king, King Clyde of Red I!
Our small army of 42,000 men and 12,000 horses is ready for anything, and will be led by General Alfred of Red, the king's brother. He is a seasoned soldier and one who can lead us to glory.

Already two alliances have been forged! Tyr-Basiliscus had joined in alliance with the Kingdom of Verdmontia, and the Republic of Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani. The former will be named the Bond of the Channel, whilst the latter will be named the Basiliscusian-Roman Alliance.

News say that our glorious Kingdom will, very shortly, start an invasion of the French region of Calais.
We will keep you informed.

The Isle of Man, King Clyde's castle: Image
Last edited by Tyr-Basiliscus on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Duchy of Prussia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Duchy of Prussia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:17 pm

The Duchy of Prussia Announces the Formation of the Catholic Pact!

The King of Prussia, Gustav the 1st, has given his blessing for the formation of a pact of Catholic countries, allowing them to combat heresy through military means, so far numerous countries have flocked to join, including the Kingdom of Verdmontia, Great Athens, and even Tyr-Basilica!

Nalvograad
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Nalvograad Forms

Postby Nalvograad » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:34 pm

The Kingdom of Nalvograad has been formed in Sweden. Ruled by King Theodor and his wife, Queen Amelia. Today was a day filled with laughter and joy as the people danced and ate delicious food. The sun was shining down on Stockholm as the Royal Palace packed with excited guests and playful young children. The entire royal family were there to witness the celebration and the palace was covered in lights and fancy paintings.

Once the day was over, they began normal life as an independant country.

GreatAthens
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Civilization Formed

Postby GreatAthens » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:46 pm

The Athenian Post

Civilization Formed

In the area of Greece, a group of plucky entrepreneurs and intellectuals have created a neo-democratic state. This is a remarkable idea, as it fools the masses into believing they are free and allows them to choose their own jobs, raising their productivity and therefore the taxes they can pay to their masters. Somewhat similar to a mafia model of human ownership. Currently, the army of the violent state stands at around 208,000, as well as 300 warships.

An Athenian Soldier: Image

Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:48 pm

The 100 year old empire of Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani has began a push upwards into the region of Italy. In addition to this, forces have been moved upwards into Corsica and Southern France. Pope Francis I has declared Romani as a part of The Crusades, and formalized an alliance with Tyr-Basiliscus.

The Duchy of Prussia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Duchy of Prussia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Push for the Oder!

A Prussian Army consisting of 200 Knights, 50 Mounted Knights, and 2,000 Landsknecht have made a push to the Oder River, expanding the lands of the Duchy of Prussia, using military and diplomatic means to bargain with local powers, mostly Polish and North German tribes, granting them poultry land in return for dominion.

This means that the regions of Warsaw and Pomerania have been added to the borders of Prussian influence. So continues Prussia's goal of uniting the German people under one flag!

Verdmontia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Verdmontia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:03 pm

The News

Kingdom Formed!

A kingdom has been formed in southern Britannia, led by our glorious leader Ambrosius, the man of the purple. Ambrosius has taken control of all of southern Britannia, and has established his capital in the city of Kent. Currently, the state has a large military of about 208,000 soldiers. We have signed an alliance with Tyre-Basiliscus, a neighbor to the south. Stay tuned for more.

Some of our archers: Image

Some of our cavalry: Image
Last edited by Verdmontia on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyr-Basiliscus
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Alliance Proposal!

Postby Tyr-Basiliscus » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:13 pm

Our King Clyde has given these news. Tyr-Basiliscus is trying to become Nalvograad's ally. This official request is in hope of an answer from Nalvograad.

Nalvograad
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

An alliance with Tyr-Basiliscus?

Postby Nalvograad » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:21 pm

Tyr-Basiliscus wrote:Our King Clyde has given these news. Tyr-Basiliscus is trying to become Nalvograad's ally. This official request is in hope of an answer from Nalvograad.

King Theodor has suddenly become aware of the nation knocking at their door, going by the name of Tyr-Basiliscus. They are asking for an alliance between the two nations. But After some thoughtful and long thinking, King Theodor has decided to grant their request for allegiance. He hopes that the leaders may meet someday, and that they can establish a much stronger connection. Just a few days into his reign, requests are coming in fast, and good allies are very important for the many tough years to come.

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:06 pm

Sactum has moved further up into Italy, losing approximately 1,000 men. We expect to reach further up the coast soon and are moving further into Africa. The Africa campaign will be primarily against Tunisia and Libya. We hope to conclude an alliance with Auraluxia.
Last edited by Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

La Royaume de Francais
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby La Royaume de Francais » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:43 pm

OOC: Sancti, you are conquering regions way too fast, and you are doing so without losing any casualties of fighting in any wars... That isn't how this roleplay works.

GreatAthens
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GreatAthens » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:43 pm

La Royaume de Francais wrote:OOC: Sancti, you are conquering regions way too fast, and you are doing so without losing any casualties of fighting in any wars... That isn't how this roleplay works.

Agreed, he should at least have taken 10,000 losses because of diease

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:53 pm

La Royaume de Francais wrote:OOC: Sancti, you are conquering regions way too fast, and you are doing so without losing any casualties of fighting in any wars... That isn't how this roleplay works.

OOC: Sorry. I'll retcon, I figured we had reached a decision on how fast the RP is

The Duchy of Prussia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Duchy of Prussia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:57 pm

First Crusade!

Following rumours that a power clash is occurring in the region of the Balkans, under the Kingdom of Terran Equestria, King Gustav I has called for a Crusade against the Pagan elements in the power clash, he calls upon his Catholic Pact allies for aid, and sends a glorious 36,000 man army to fight in the region. An upsurge of violence against Jews has also erupted in Prussia and nearby regions.

The Prussian Crusaders consist of:

10,000 Landsknecht
10,000 Peasant Levy Spearmen
5,000 Peasant Levy Archers
5,000 Crossbowmen
1,000 Knights (Dis-mounted)
1,000 Knights (Mounted)
1,000 Proto Hussars
30 Trebuchets (Manned by 300 men)
20 Battering Rams (Manned by 200 Men)
2,500 Light Cavalry

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanctum Imperium Populi Romani » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:59 pm

The Duchy of Prussia wrote:First Crusade!

Following rumours that a power clash is occurring in the region of the Balkans, under the Kingdom of Terran Equestria, King Gustav I has called for a Crusade against the Pagan elements in the power clash, he calls upon his Catholic Pact allies for aid, and sends a glorious 36,000 man army to fight in the region. An upsurge of violence against Jews has also erupted in Prussia and nearby regions.

The Prussian Crusaders consist of:

10,000 Landsknecht
10,000 Peasant Levy Spearmen
5,000 Peasant Levy Archers
5,000 Crossbowmen
1,000 Knights (Dis-mounted)
1,000 Knights (Mounted)
1,000 Proto Hussars
2,500 Light Cavalry

Due to previous developments in The Italian Peninsula and Africa, we will only be sending 20,000 men to fight. We hope the crusade goes well and furthers the expansion of my prosperous empire.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

A plea for aid (to Greater Athens

Postby Terra Equestor » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:08 pm

To the most noble Clithenses, I humbly beseech you. Align with me, and you may have south/southeastern Macedonia for the spoils of war. I can garuntee several thousand converts to the holy Orthodox Church. You will have a strong naval bastion against the Catholics, and commerce shall flow between our two nations and the rest of Christendom. If you are a true Christian, take up arms!

Timothy the Pious, Prince of Macedonia and llyria, to the leader of Greater Athens

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Born out of Bloodbath

Postby Terra Equestor » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:18 pm

The conflict between the Orthodox Macedonians led by Timothy the Pious and Leonidas VII has caused outside notice. His Eminence, Pope Francis I has declared a "Crusade" against the Pagan king to enforce the "Holy and Catholic Church with all men". Timothy pleads with his Orthodox brethren and now goes to Rome to prevent his future Kingdom from being carved up by the zealous Catholic Crusaders. Leonidas merely shrugged
They're (the Catholics and Orthodox) are arguing how to enslave people to appease the same unjust god. Maybe I'm not the one to win this war, but I know that Terra Equestor belongs to the people, whom the Gods have blessed to defend this land and prosper with it.
The war continues with heretic and Christian being slaughtered between a power struggle that the world should have never noticed...

Verdmontia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Verdmontia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:18 pm

The Daily News

Marriage between house of Aurelianus and Lyndon

King Ambrosius of Verdmontia and King Jon Lyndon I of La Royaume de Francais have agreed to marry into each other's family, to create an alliance between the two houses. This marriage is to be done between Ambrosius's Son Julius and Lyndon's daughter Evelyn. Julius is currently being sent to the Francais's Capital of Paris, he will arrive with Ambrosius and 10 knights who are acting as guard. Currently, 1 knight has died of dysentery and another has died of malaria.

Julius Aurelianus: Image

King Ambrosius: Image
Last edited by Verdmontia on Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Duchy of Prussia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Duchy of Prussia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Prussian Crusaders arrive in Northern Albania!

Following their trek, the Prussian crusaders have taken 4,000 men in casualties, due to attrition, they arrive at a strength of:

9,800 Landsknecht
8,000 Peasant Levy Spearmen
9,000 Peasant Levy Archers
4,800 Crossbowmen
900 Knights (Dis-mounted)
900 Knights (Mounted)
800 Proto Hussars
2,300 Light Cavalry

They have so far split into three armies, one 12,000 strong, and two 10,000 strong, commanded by Alfred of Konigsberg, Johan I, the kings brother, and Erwin the Engel, a Prussian Knight. They have so far put 10,000 heretics to the sword and begun conversion of the locals. Resistance is for now, low.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Summit of Sarajevos

Postby Terra Equestor » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:37 pm

Both Kings of Illryia have called a truce, while Leonidas's generals are busy re-organizing their militia to counteract this Catholic invasion, Leonidas himself will be expecting the King of Prussia (or the commander of the invading army) to peacefully quote
give me a damn reason to join you cross wielding cronies, aside from the fact you killed my people before they could react without batting an eye.
Leonidas is currently at the city of Sarajevos, awaiting the response. Timothy is expected to attend, but be later than planned since he must arrive from the port city of Epidemenus to Sarejvos. Leonidas himself is not to arrive for 3 and a half weeks, due to roads being blocked off by Orthodox forces.

The Duchy of Prussia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Duchy of Prussia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:40 pm

''We stand here before you, protectors of Christians, and the followers of Christ, as an Orthodox Catholic we stand with you in your struggle against the violent and morally corrupt Pagans by spreading the message and love of the Lord Jesus Christ, please do not fight us, for we fight on the same side against the same enemy'' - King Gustav I

While this message is given to King Timothy, Prussian Crusaders have taken 200 casualties from local resistance, but put another 4,000 to the sword for failure to convert, while converting many others, bringing the Catholic Converts to 120,000 people, Orthodox Christians have been left unharmed and unbothered.

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

An alliance of Christianity

Postby Terra Equestor » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Leonidas has volunteered to surrender honorably if the non converted are either peacefully converted or left alone. As for His Majesty, King Timothy the Pious of Terra Equestor, accepts King Gustav's request and would like to negotiate with him
Let us spread forth the Word, and meet in Sarajevos, which is in the center of my Kingdom. From there, let us determine our fates.
His Majesty also has remarked that he would be willing to marry a Catholic bride to foster good relations with both Churches. It is a sad day for pagans, as their leader goes off to be martyred. Revitalized, the Macedonian Army crushes the demoralized resisters, some have even converted outright from despair. The two Kings march to Sarejvos.

The Duchy of Prussia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Duchy of Prussia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:07 pm

King Gustav rides to Sarajevo!

King Gustav I rides to the city of Sarajevo with a King's Guard of 200 of Prussia's Finest Knights. The Prussian Crusaders have accepted the peaceful request for surrender from Leonidas, and have begun a mass conversion that will hopefully culminate in the conversion of at least half of Terran Equestors Pagan population. This is a fine day for the Prussian Crusaders!

Terra Equestor
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

A Feast to Forge the Future!Or, Party cuz Heresy sucks!

Postby Terra Equestor » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:20 pm

King Timothy wishes to invite King Gustav, the leader of the Romani Republic, and the other leading members of the crusade to Illyricum, the capital city to "forge the future" as Timothy states. There he plans to execute Leonidas at the end of the feast, as the first of many gestures of goodwill to both Orthodox and Catholic alike. Negotiations as well as fine dining will take place, when asked if Great Athens was invited he said something along the lines of:
Why would I invite that self righteous, oblivious, whoreson arselicker who's probably indulging in some sodomic orgy on Lesbos as we speak! Why must my fellow Orthodox be the one to abandon me?!
Nevertheless, it is a time of great rejoicing and heretic slaying/conversion, which has become a national passtime.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents