NATION

PASSWORD

Nachmerian Field Rations

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Nachmere
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Nachmerian Field Rations

Postby Nachmere » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:35 pm

Nachmerian Field Rations

Field Rations for the various Nachmerian armed forces are made to specifications detailed by the medical and logistic authorities of these forces. The rations are made by several companies, one of which is a branch of Schwerpunkt called MGL(Military Gastronomy Logistics). Schwerpunkt is also the major exporter of rations to both civilian and military customers abroad.

Rations are used in conditions that do not allow the use of permanent kitchens. Until the 1990s the NAF used only canned rations, but a process to improve the quality and taste as well as optimize the cost and logistic effort of ration issuing has changed this considerably over the last 2 decades. An interesting aspect of Nachmerian rations is the complete lack of pork products and other un-Kosher meats in them. All items in the rations are Kosher and Halal, although rations do contain separately packed dairy and meat products. There are currently three types of packed rations in Nachmerian use, and available for foreign customers:

R-Rations

Routine Rations (In Hebrew Manot Shigra, Manot Shin, or Revi'iot) are the direct descendants of the traditional Nachmerian canned rations. The R-ration is issued during routine operations away from permanent bases. They are used both to supply troops directly, and also sometimes to supply mobile field kitchens. Due to this dual purpose, all ingredients in the rations can be eaten out of the box, or used as materials for field kitchen cooks.
The main advantage of these rations is their cost. They are based on widely available canned civilian goods, and their packaging is mostly tin can based. When possible field kitchens rations are often enhanced with supplies of bread, fresh fruit and vegetables, and more.

R-Rations are packed in cardboard boxes. There are four menus, with varying canned goods, but with a standard content of accessories and crackers. Each box contains an average 12,800 kilocalories worth of food, including meats, fish, vegetables, sweets and snacks. The box also contains solid fuel folding stoves, on which food can be heated.

R-Rations have a shelf life of 5 years past their production date, although field experience has shown most contents are safe to eat even ten years after packaging.

R-Ration Menu
Price per R-Ration: 17 USD/NSD
DPR: 34,000,000 USD/NSD.

O-Rations

Operational Rations (In Hebrew Manot Krav, Manot Kuf, or Bodedot) are single man, 24 hour rations. They are meant for use during combat, or when joint/any food preparation is impossible. Like the R-Rations, these are based mostly on canned food. Unlike the R-Ration, the canned food includes actual dishes rather than ingredients.
Each O-Ration is made of a cardboard box wrapped in a watertight plastic bag. Inside the main box are 3 smaller bags. One bag contains breakfast and snacks, the second a main course for lunch, and the third a main course for dinner. In addition, each O-Ration contains a variety of beverage packs and accessories.

Solid fuel folding mini-stove, as used in O-Rations:

As they are issued in combat, a great deal of effort has been made to make the O-Rations better, and assist in maintaining moral. Each O-Ration contains a mini pack of three cigarettes, as smoking is very common among Nachmerian troops, and cigarettes are often hard to purchase during operations. To diversify the diet and flavors, seven menus are available. Two of the menus include an alcohol ration, which consists of a small 40ml bottle of Arak. These rations supply 3,200 calories on average, enough for one soldier during 24 hours of operations.

O-Rations have a shelf life of 3 years past their production date, although field experience has shown most contents are safe to eat even ten years after packaging.

O-Ration Menu
Price per R-Ration: 7 USD/NSD
DPR: 35,000,000 USD/NSD

A-Rations

Because both O and R rations are quite bulky, they are not always suitable for some operations. Experience showed that troops often take only part of their O-Ration when sent on short, high intensity operations such as foot patrols and ambushes. This caused quite a bit of waste in packaging and accessories thrown away by troops.
To combat this waste, and provide troops with rations fitting short operations, the Ambush Ration(In Hebrew Manot Maaarvim, Manot Mem, or Myuchadot) was specified. They are essentially the main course and some parts of the O-Ration, in a smaller, lighter package. The A-Rations have slightly more snacks to allow eating on the move, or with one hand if needed.

Each ration weighs about a third of the average O-Ration, and has 1,100 calories, or enough for 8-12 hours of operations.

A-Rations have a shelf life of 3 years past their production date, p field experience has shown most contents are safe to eat even ten years after packaging.

A-Ration Menu

Price per A-Ration: 4 USD/NSD
DPR: 10,000,000 USD/NSD

All purchases and questions should be directed to our main storefront.
Last edited by Nachmere on Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:43 am, edited 6 times in total.

Fashie
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fashie » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:43 am

Not really sure what I want.
What I do know, is that 300 troops of mine are stuck on this island. When I get there, I want food to feed them all. So tell me an option for 300 people and I'll take it.
[b]001 North Region St. Avenue Chisholm ELP Class Revised National Capital Building, Newton, Fashie, Floor 47 Rm 019
CEO of N.F.T.(Nuclear Fusion Today)
President of Fashie
Minister Of Defense for CECR
WA Delegate of Chisholm ELP Class Revised
Funny Video
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Nachmere
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nachmere » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:11 am

ooc: please direct all future questions through my main storefront, as requested in the OP. Other than that, in your situation you would realistically already have some sort of rations instated in your military. that said, if you want i can sell you rations :) The O rations would be better suited for this situation. 300 of them would suffice for one day, assuming the men are not starved/malnourished, which would require special nourishment and medical care to avoid damages caused from sudden consumption of high fat and calorie food after starvation(like what happened after the liberation of various concentration camps.)

Fashie
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fashie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:40 am

sorry, and I'll take it!
[b]001 North Region St. Avenue Chisholm ELP Class Revised National Capital Building, Newton, Fashie, Floor 47 Rm 019
CEO of N.F.T.(Nuclear Fusion Today)
President of Fashie
Minister Of Defense for CECR
WA Delegate of Chisholm ELP Class Revised
Funny Video
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Nachmere
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nachmere » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:58 am

ooc: okey. see at as approved. please do not post here anymore. :)

all requests should be made through the main storefront!

Return to Global Economics and Trade