NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Why does everyone think Mercer is in charge?

Peace Loving Warlords
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Peace Loving Warlords » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:44 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Why does everyone think Mercer is in charge?

Reasons

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Oh, it looks as if I've confused Mercer and Madison. I'll edit my post.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Peace Loving Warlords wrote:

Reasons

Madison's the guy in charge. I kinda find it funny. It's not like it's a huge thing.

Anyway I will get a post up tonight or tomorrow. Day off so I have time to write.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:18 pm

NameDesmond Schloss:
Nation Name:Military Democracy of Birtonia
Birthplace:San Fransisco, California
Ethnicity:Mixed, Caucasian, Filipino
Pic/Description:

Immunity:Full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Pretty serious, but also laid back at the same time, intense use of sarcasm
Skills:High proficient with a wide variety of small arms, limited hand to hand combat skills, medical expertise
Dislikes:Fascists, raiders, liars, vodka, showboaters
Fears:Dying alone

Bio: This man was thrust into this hellish univerise when he was only ten years old. His mother and father were both United States Military at the time, which led to his safekeeping whilst this apocalypse ravaged on. In time, as the U.S. government slowly dissolved into the Remnants, Desmond was finally old enough to exact some revenge on the evil out in the world. As he completed training, becoming one of the top soldiers of his cycle he began to realize the Remnants was not the true America he once knew and loved. However necessity mandated that he stay with them to keep himself alive.

Now that they have dissolved into the annals of history, he is on his own, looking for somewhere to call home in this waste land. In the past near 13 years the man was successful in finding a small group in Missisippi. He nestled in nicely with them, and found a woman roughly his age with a similar story. She grew up during the outbreak and was a product of this cruel environment. After a few years he was given the miracle of a child, named Abraham. Unfortunately, one day while he was out scavenging his encampment was utterly destroyed by raiders. It took him nearly a year to track them down and do hit and run tactics, whittling them down little by little until he finally destroyed them.

For the past few years he has wandered up and down the wastes, going from Kansas to Missouri, and even the former Canadian border. Now however he decided to go a bit further west, Colorado was his first choice.

RP Examples:PW: Banished Throne
Last edited by Military Democracy of Birtonia on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:NameDesmond Schloss:
Pic/Description:

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Pretty serious, but also laid back at the same time, intense use of sarcasm
Skills:High proficient with a wide variety of small arms, limited hand to hand combat skills, medical expertise

Bio: This man was thrust into this hellish univerise when he was only ten years old. His mother and father were both United States Military at the time, which led to his safekeeping whilst this apocalypse ravaged on. In time, as the U.S. government slowly dissolved into the Remnants, Desmond was finally old enough to exact some revenge on the evil out in the world. As he completed training, becoming one of the top soldiers of his cycle he began to realize the Remnants was not the true America he once knew and loved. However necessity mandated that he stay with them to keep himself alive. Now that they have dissolved into the annals of history, he is on his own, looking for somewhere to call home in this waste land.

Not sure on this one.

Bei, do you or another Co-Op mind taking a look at this? I'm kinda on the fence.
Last edited by New Grestin on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:27 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Pic/Description:

(OPTIONAL)

Bio: This man was thrust into this hellish univerise when he was only ten years old. His mother and father were both United States Military at the time, which led to his safekeeping whilst this apocalypse ravaged on. In time, as the U.S. government slowly dissolved into the Remnants, Desmond was finally old enough to exact some revenge on the evil out in the world. As he completed training, becoming one of the top soldiers of his cycle he began to realize the Remnants was not the true America he once knew and loved. However necessity mandated that he stay with them to keep himself alive. Now that they have dissolved into the annals of history, he is on his own, looking for somewhere to call home in this waste land.

Not sure on this one.

Bei, do you or another Co-Op mind taking a look at this? I'm kinda on the fence.

Well, do you need more RP experience? I can provide

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:28 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Pic/Description:

(OPTIONAL)

Not sure on this one.

Remnants fell apart 3-4 years after the apoc right?
Cheers mates.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:Well, do you need more RP experience? I can provide

No, that's not really the issue. I'm inclined to accept it, but I'd prefer to get a second opinion first.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:36 pm

He's also conflicting with what I wrote about the West Coast... I haven't really been told it's Canon but I thought it was until told otherwise. Btw added the last major civilized faction to the Doc, which can be read here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qjx ... cslist_api
Cheers mates.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:>SNIP<

Alright, I ask two things. 1) The Remnants fell apart a long time ago so what has he been doing in the mean time? Is he simply wandering around or is something driving him towards Colorado? Generally beef up the bio. 2)I'm disinclined for soldiers but I'll accept if he's not a "top soldier". He can have military training but I prefer him to not be a military badass for the sake of not killing any monster that gets in the way with little trouble.

Sarejo wrote:>SNIP<

While I'm inclined to work it in as cannon it has not been made public knowledge. He's not even from a faction from California. He's from the Remnants.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Alright, I ask two things. 1) The Remnants fell apart a long time ago so what has he been doing in the mean time? Is he simply wandering around or is something driving him towards Colorado? 2)I'm disinclined for soldiers but I'll accept if he's not a "top soldier". He can have military training but I prefer him to not be a military badass for the sake of not killing any monster that gets in the way with little trouble.

Yeah I was thinking him just kinda wandering around? And as far as a military badass. He was a medic, not infantry or special forces nonsense. And finally, I didn't read everything so forgive me but what happened with the west coast?

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:41 pm

Much appreciated, Bei.

Also, my last post detailing the Vultures and Emperor Bill and what not, was that too over the top?

For whatever reason, I feel like it was a bit too over the top.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

Alright, I ask two things. 1) The Remnants fell apart a long time ago so what has he been doing in the mean time? Is he simply wandering around or is something driving him towards Colorado? Generally beef up the bio. 2)I'm disinclined for soldiers but I'll accept if he's not a "top soldier". He can have military training but I prefer him to not be a military badass for the sake of not killing any monster that gets in the way with little trouble.

While I'm inclined to work it in as cannon it has not been made public knowledge. He's not even from a faction from California. He's from the Remnants.

He's from San Fran, the capital of one of the factions. If he didn't stay there, no issue. If he did, well therin lies the problem. I can also make a long expository post if you would like that. I could do it if Tay or someone asked Westley what it was like out West.
Cheers mates.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:44 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Alright, I ask two things. 1) The Remnants fell apart a long time ago so what has he been doing in the mean time? Is he simply wandering around or is something driving him towards Colorado? 2)I'm disinclined for soldiers but I'll accept if he's not a "top soldier". He can have military training but I prefer him to not be a military badass for the sake of not killing any monster that gets in the way with little trouble.

Yeah I was thinking him just kinda wandering around? And as far as a military badass. He was a medic, not infantry or special forces nonsense. And finally, I didn't read everything so forgive me but what happened with the west coast?

Well, being the first guy from there, I uhh, took some liberties with its lore. Which Bei has approved...
Cheers mates.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:44 pm

New Grestin wrote:Much appreciated, Bei.

Also, my last post detailing the Vultures and Emperor Bill and what not, was that too over the top?

I kind of like him being over the top. It makes him seem a bit psychotic to an extreme degree, as such being unpredictable and dangerous. Plus we always need some comedic relief.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:Yeah I was thinking him just kinda wandering around? And as far as a military badass. He was a medic, not infantry or special forces nonsense. And finally, I didn't read everything so forgive me but what happened with the west coast?

Well, being the first guy from there, I uhh, took some liberties with its lore. Which Bei has approved...

He was born there years before the Outbreak even started. It's fine. If we ever head west then things will be added.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Much appreciated, Bei.

I kind of like him being over the top. It makes him seem a bit psychotic to an extreme degree, as such being unpredictable and dangerous. Plus we always need some comedic relief.

Well, at least there's that. When I finish up with LoF, I may take out the part about him having statues and shit, but at the same time, that feels like the first thing people would steal after the apocalypse.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:47 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:I kind of like him being over the top. It makes him seem a bit psychotic to an extreme degree, as such being unpredictable and dangerous. Plus we always need some comedic relief.

Well, at least there's that. When I finish up with LoF, I may take out the part about him having statues and shit, but at the same time, that feels like the first thing people would steal after the apocalypse.

I feel that the statues would have been untouched after civilization fell since there's no reason to grab them as they're pretty much useless. So it's likely that he could have found them in the museum and taken them himself since he's the type of person to do that.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:48 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

He was born there years before the Outbreak even started. It's fine. If we ever head west then things will be added.

So then I'm good?

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:48 pm

So how's the outbreak book coming along?
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:49 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

I'm talking about if he stayed in San Fran after the Outbreak and tried to have it under Remnant control. Either that, or I can make the Californian Empire be formed at a later date, say, after the Remnants fall. As long as he doesn't touch Portland, Washington, or Vancouver, I have no problems with modifying my Doc.
Cheers mates.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:He was born there years before the Outbreak even started. It's fine. If we ever head west then things will be added.

I'm talking about if he stayed in San Fran after the Outbreak and tried to have it under Remnant control. Either that, or I can make the Californian Empire be formed at a later date, say, after the Remnants fall. As long as he doesn't touch Portland, Washington, or Vancouver, I have no problems with modifying my Doc.

Ummmm I have no intentions of doing anything of the sort. Just wandering the wastes looking for a community

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:51 pm

Remnants had no control in California. In fact most of the southern west coast was hit hard during the Outbreak so it's unlikely for any major factions to have taken hold until a much later date after things began calming down.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:52 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Well, at least there's that. When I finish up with LoF, I may take out the part about him having statues and shit, but at the same time, that feels like the first thing people would steal after the apocalypse.

I feel that the statues would have been untouched after civilization fell since there's no reason to grab them as they're pretty much useless. So it's likely that he could have found them in the museum and taken them himself since he's the type of person to do that.

Hm. I suppose that makes sense.

I do like the idea of bullets being a hot commodity though. Something about a guy walking around covered in bandoliers and that meaning he's hot shit in society bemuses me.

Also, I may try to build upon the history of Coors as time goes on, especially that Emperor Roger thing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse