NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:22 am

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:Well, Luke's probably going to try to drop his 27 year old grudge and actually act like a gentleman with Paulson. Can he do the same?

...It's a possibility. Not like he's not going to be a bit annoyed if he's on the main crew, but I think he'll be able to move past it. Eventually.

Posted.

Oh shit, I forgot to mention, Sam may have had a child, and she may also be in Aspen. I wonder how he would react to that.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:25 am

Name: Richard M. Ravencroft
Nation Name: TriStates
Birthplace: Washington, Missouri
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Pic/Description:
Before & During the events of Outbreak: A late middle-aged man of stocky build, standing 5' 7" (1.7 m) short, Richard's well-worn face contains as many smile lines as frown creases, each its own battle scar on the expansive life of this Old World mover & shaker. Piercing, intelligent green-blue eyes sit below a prominent forehead and a head of light blonde hair, almost always slicked back. Well-bred, well-fed and well-cared for, Richard was above-averagely healthy, except for a natural stiff legged gait attributed to bow-legs. His body type is low and small, but solidly-strong. Along with the picturesque Roman nose and strong jaw line, he is a visible combination of his American Appalachian ancestors & German Teutonic lineage.

Before the events of No Man's Land: Seeing from where he was to where he is, the price of survival has not come cheaply for Richard. More lines and scars have tallied up, with a leaner frame to boot. The rigors of survival, an unsteady diet, habits and experiences picked up along the way have aged Ravencroft in more ways then one. Sporting new scraggly hair, the once bronze-blonde mane has been dyed black with soot, ash and coal dust, in an attempt of Richard's to hide the encroaching grey. Tribal tattoos and wicked scars are cleared for view on his bare skin. Some are measures toward attaining anonymity. Others are purely for appearances sake. All serve a purpose for this sly, old politico.

• Former U.S. Junior Senator, Governor of Missouri and Acting President of the U.S.A
  • Traveling Peddler, Doctor and Opportunistic Criminal

Immunity: None

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Ravencroft is a patient, cold, duplicitous, cunning, and ruthless individual that knows exactly how to take what he wants. Almost machine-like in his approach, he was known to be extremely effective at what he sets his mind to, according to the likes of his peers in the former U.S Senate and Capitol Beltway. A power-hungry man with the skills and the resources to match, his quest for power and vengeance can and has lead him to break old alliances and trample on and destroy those that stand in his way. Even before the Outbreak, he was willing to go to lengths to eliminate threats, applying a zero-tolerance, total war doctrine against any and all in opposition. He is a more than capable political maneuvered and can act warm, jolly and caring to people to gain their trust. He has no qualms of killing people or ruining their lives and careers if it serves his goals.

Despite these traits, Richard can be warm and gentle to those he truly cares about, though few and far between. Loyal relationships are valued past price by him, and in turn, awarded in kind by him, as he is known to protect and takes care of those around him, be they family, friends, colleagues and subordinates. With fellow schemers, criminals and politicians who understand his game, he has a definite respect for. However, they can very easily become his enemies if they interfere with his plans. With others who are oblivious to his intentions or less intelligent, he adopts a different facade, acting more caring and generous than he really is to mask his true personality.

Richard also shows an ENTJ personality through his leadership, planning skills, and desire for control. He rules his own little waltz of life, making those he finds interesting join in his dance. He can cooly blend into or insinuate himself into any situation, as long as he finds it worth his while to do so. ENTJs have a desire and ability “to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals” - this is exactly what he does.

There’s the theatrical aspect to his character – he loves people to be wowed by the drama and finesse of his acts. He never just defeats an opponent; he obliterates them, though always with a one-liner or a theatrical setup to it before. This plays into the ENTJ’s dramatic, charming leadership. ENTJs can also be spotted by their sense of style and charm. They tend to project a very cared-for, polished appearance. Of course, due to recent events, Italian leather shoes, suits and ties are in short supply.

Skills:
  • Energetic – Rather than finding this process taxing at his age and circumstance, Richard seems energized by it, genuinely enjoying leading and working in his field, moving forward as they implement his plans and goals.
  • Intellectual - A naturally keen mind and a well-honed wits are among his greatest gifts. A V.M.I. alumni and Harvard graduate, his capacity for strategic thought is well above average. His oration skills and natural charisma make what he says sound intoxicatingly convincing and genuine. A regular silver-tongue speaker.
  • Old School M.D - Originally educated for a position in Medicine with the family private practice, he has recalled his old skills, finding the trade very much in vogue.
  • Efficient – He sees inefficiency not just as a problem in its own right, but as something that pulls time and energy away from all their future goals, an elaborate sabotage consisting of irrationality and laziness. As such, Ravencroft roots out such behavior wherever he goes.
  • Ruling Caesar - Confident, and Strong-Willed, Ravencroft is never plagued with self-doubt – trusting in his own abilities, making known his opinions, and believing in his own capacity as a leader. Nor does he give up when the going gets tough. Striving to success at all goals, nothing really is as satisfying to him as rising to the challenge of each obstacle in his run to the finish line.

Dislikes: Showing respect for authority, or institutions unless self-benefit is involved. Failing to pursue pleasure and success. Actively inducing boredom.

Fears: Richard has a fear of lacking control. Even more so now, since the destruction of his world as he knew it, dissolving his own well-known place it it, setting him adrift in a sea of events not of his own creation. Richard feels a need to be leading and directing the situation, as he believes he's always the best candidate for the job. Anything less then the full capability to control events, surroundings and people that affect him can make him nervous, uncomfortable, and ill-at-ease.

He also has a fear of failure. A driving force since his youth, Ravencroft has a want for the limelight and a need to be on the top. This has made him allergic to anything opposite of success in things that he does. The need of achievement is so entwined with him, that he can fly into fits of anger or depression when the contrary happens.

Curiously, Richard has none of the usual fear people associate with the Infected. Would you be "scared" of whats in a petri dish? While he certainty avoids all-contact with them and seeks to actively evade them when detected, he see's them as just another symptom of the virus. Seeing them clinically as permanently devolved, lesser than animals, in his mind they are simply the physical manifestation of the engineered sickness. Like the Black Plague, Yellow Fever and Spanish Influenza of the past, this was the medical challenged posed to this generation of humanity. One that could, must, would be overcome by the leadership of clear, calm and intelligent minds.

Bio:

Overview

Richard Mannerhiem Ravencroft, was born on November 5, 1985, in the rural Southern town of Washington, Missouri. A former Governor and Junior Senator of Missouri, he was among the last Acting Presidents, prior to the complete collapse of the Federal Government and American body politic. A long-time politician, Richard played the statesman while working closely with all manner of shady groups and corrupt organizations at all levels of government. His skill at the game earned him the title "Kingmaker" for his ability to make individuals careers rise and fall at his convenience. Among the interests Ravencroft aligned himself with was the Atlas Corporation, and the early Remnants, which increased his ability on the political circuit thanks to such powerful patrons. Until he found himself precariously pinned. Charges were levied, investigations started and a legal war ensued. Ravencroft would have most likely faced a permanent disgrace. Had it not been for the Outbreak.

Suddenly, the U.S. Government had more important things to worry about than a dirty Junior Senator. Working to secure his state, and his own safety, then-Governor Ravencroft sealed the state's borders and instituted severe martial law within the hour the bio-terror attacks were confirmed. This bought his state a little more time than its neighbors, being one of the last places of pre-Outbreak civilization to fall. During the following days as section after section of the United States Government crumbled, Richard Ravencroft found himself Acting President of a country that now only existed on paper. While certainty an unconfirmed appointment, who exactly was left alive and able to contact him to tell him otherwise. Though that shortly became meaningless, as even his fortress of a home state fell, along with the rest of America.

Driven out from his fallen citadel, a small convoy of political flunkies, dirty law enforcement, body guards and military staffers followed Richard in a bid for sanctuary. Perhaps there was some bastion still left. Working their way past half a dozen states, their numbers whittling and equipment wearing out, the group permanently fractured off into several splinter groups due to factionalism and desperation. So when it was that the Kingmaker arrived in Aspen, it was alone and nearly half-dead.

Over the following years, Ravencroft has scratched out a good position in the town as a knowledgeable practitioner, earning a modest living that he uses to supply his trade. For those in know, however, Richard is also a procurer of certain items, information and connections that one might have trouble acquiring elsewhere. A concierge of crime, so to speak. This "hobby", as he calls it, adds a substantial amount to his pocketbook He also keeps his ear to the ground concerning all the less-than-legal and illicit dealings in the town and surrounding area.

RP Examples: See Roleplay spoiler in Sig for examples.
Last edited by TriStates on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:27 am

TriStates wrote:Pic/Description:

[i]icked scars are cleared for view on his bare skin. Some are measures toward attaining anonymity. Others are purely for appearances sake. All serve a purpose for this sly, old politico.

Somebody already used that pic of the guy with the beard. Sorry bro.
Last edited by Tayner on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:29 am

Posted. Dera, is Mary ever gonna have that drink with me?
Cheers mates.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:30 am

Uh, Tayner? You, uh, might need to fix your formatting a bit.

And I can change the pic of Paulson. I'm really not that attached to it.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Feroxi
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Feroxi » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:31 am

Gah. That moment when you can't turn party mode off and it's almost five o'clock in the morning.
"One is to be admired for rebuilding thy self, not judged."
- The Self Proclaimed Master of Forum Chivalry
NationStates' resident knight in not-so shining armor.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:31 am

New Grestin wrote:Uh, Tayner? You, uh, might need to fix your formatting a bit.

I know, I'm working on it. There's a reason in not an IT guy.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:34 am

Tayner wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Uh, Tayner? You, uh, might need to fix your formatting a bit.

I know, I'm working on it. There's a reason in not an IT guy.

There. It's fixed. I actually think the new pick fits him better, considering I don't think he'd stop wearing glasses after Chicago.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:36 am

I picture Westley looking like the guy in sunglasses.

http://olive-drab.com/images/uniforms_21c_700_01.jpg
Cheers mates.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:36 am

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:I know, I'm working on it. There's a reason in not an IT guy.

There. It's fixed. I actually think the new pick fits him better, considering I don't think he'd stop wearing glasses after Chicago.

I fixed my post too.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:38 am

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:I know, I'm working on it. There's a reason in not an IT guy.

Apologies about the image jacking :p I had actually chosen that pic with the thought that no one else would. Probably should have checked all the carry-over apps first.
* people giving a fuck,
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:39 am

My first post is up. That took me like, 5 hours. :p

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:39 am

TriStates wrote:
New Grestin wrote:There. It's fixed. I actually think the new pick fits him better, considering I don't think he'd stop wearing glasses after Chicago.

Apologies about the image jacking :p I had actually chosen that pic with the thought that no one else would. Probably should have checked all the carry-over apps first.

It's all good. Paulson just looks like Walter White now. Because reasons.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:44 am

Sarejo wrote:Posted. Dera, is Mary ever gonna have that drink with me?

Well I was planning on buying the bar a round of shots and giving Paulson and Luke a beer but sure why not.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:45 am

Deramen wrote:
Sarejo wrote:Posted. Dera, is Mary ever gonna have that drink with me?

Well I was planning on buying the bar a round of shots and giving Paulson and Luke a beer but sure why not.

Alrighty. Westley's got some Swishers and Camels to share.
Cheers mates.

TriStates
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:47 am

New Grestin wrote:
TriStates wrote:Apologies about the image jacking :p I had actually chosen that pic with the thought that no one else would. Probably should have checked all the carry-over apps first.

It's all good. Paulson just looks like Walter White now. Because reasons.

:bow: I can only approve.

I don't suppose you (or anyone in general), would care to have any pre-existing relations with my PC, should he be accepted?
* people giving a fuck,

The Starlight wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:47 am

Posted. Could be better but it's getting late here and I've had a long day. Can't concentrate too much longer or I may go brain dead.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:48 am

TriStates wrote:
New Grestin wrote:It's all good. Paulson just looks like Walter White now. Because reasons.

I don't suppose you (or anyone in general), would care to have any pre-existing relations with my PC, should he be accepted?

I mean sure My characters father started a town outside St.Louis... So Yea.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:49 am

Beiarusia wrote:Posted. Could be better but it's getting late here and I've had a long day. Can't concentrate too much longer or I may go brain dead.

M'kay.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:50 am

TriStates wrote:
New Grestin wrote:It's all good. Paulson just looks like Walter White now. Because reasons.

I don't see why not. Paulson/Jennifer traveled the country several times in the last twenty years, so they'd probably have run into you at some point.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:50 am

TriStates wrote:>SNIP<

ACCEPTED.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:51 am

New Grestin wrote:
TriStates wrote: :bow: I can only approve.

I don't see why not. Paulson/Jennifer traveled the country several times in the last twenty years, so they'd probably have run into you at some point.

Has she been to St.Louis?
cause if so she might know Mary.
Oh and im gonna go to sleep soon.
I'll be in the OOC for a bit but I cant be bothered to write.
Last edited by Deramen on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:54 am

Deramen wrote:
New Grestin wrote:I don't see why not. Paulson/Jennifer traveled the country several times in the last twenty years, so they'd probably have run into you at some point.

Has she been to St.Louis?

I'm the same way. It's 2 AM and I have to be up at 7 AM to work all day doing back breaking work.
Cheers mates.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:57 am

Sarejo wrote:
Deramen wrote:Has she been to St.Louis?

I'm the same way. It's 2 AM and I have to be up at 7 AM to work all day doing back breaking work.

Same. Its two A.M here too! Are you in U.S central time? cause that would explain it.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:57 am

Agreed with both. And I'm probably going to run with what I've already got, seeing as how the pair already seem to know Mary by reputation.

I'll wait for one more reply, but then I need to pack it in.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse