NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Feroxi
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Feroxi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:24 pm

The Wolven League wrote:Posted.

Nero is not pleased that you think he is ugly, there must be a sacrifice to appease him. BLOOD FOR THE BLO-

okay i'll stop now

I'm sorry, but I had to...

"One is to be admired for rebuilding thy self, not judged."
- The Self Proclaimed Master of Forum Chivalry
NationStates' resident knight in not-so shining armor.

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Tayner wrote:
The NAR wrote:I substantially lowered the number of people there. Even if you classify it as a faction, I don't understand why they aren't allowed

Because, Bei, the OP said no player controlled factions, that's why it's not allowed.

It's not player controlled
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:33 pm

The NAR wrote:
Tayner wrote:Because, Bei, the OP said no player controlled factions, that's why it's not allowed.

Or played created factions.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Tayner wrote:
The NAR wrote:

Or played created factions.

If I might chime in here. If he's not controlling the faction, but is from it, then I don't think that's unreasonable.

Basically, if you want to be a part of Elysium, I don't think that's wrong, but you can't use Elysium beyond being from there.

Just my thoughts, but take it with a grain of salt. I'm not OP.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:39 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:Or played created factions.

If I might chime in here. If he's not controlling the faction, but is from it, then I don't think that's unreasonable.

Basically, if you want to be a part of Elysium, I don't think that's wrong, but you can't use Elysium beyond being from there.

Idk what exactly his stance is. He let me create the history for the Pacific Northwest, which involved creating factions, so you'd have to get his actual word for it.
Cheers mates.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Sarejo wrote:
New Grestin wrote:If I might chime in here. If he's not controlling the faction, but is from it, then I don't think that's unreasonable.

Idk what exactly his stance is. He let me create the history for the Pacific Northwest, which involved creating factions, so you'd have to get his actual word for it.

Well, as Co-Op, I can make some decisions. I don't think including Elysium from a history standpoint is entirely bad, but I don't think bringing them into the main story as a faction is a great idea.

Like I said, those are my thoughts, but I'll leave the final word up to Bei.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:49 pm

Feroxi wrote:
The Wolven League wrote:Posted.

Nero is not pleased that you think he is ugly, there must be a sacrifice to appease him. BLOOD FOR THE BLO-

okay i'll stop now

I'm sorry, but I had to...

Houston, my sides have left orbit.

Also, another post is up.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:51 pm

The Wolven League wrote:Houston, my sides have left orbit.

Also, another post is up.

Oh, whew. Thought I accidentally ninja'd you there for a moment. Posted.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Name: Elias Rai
Nation Name: Vacif
Birthplace: Denver, Colarado
Ethnicity: Eurasian
Pic/Description:

Occupation: Farmer (Formerly), Raider (Formerly), Scavenger/Trader

Immunity: Full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality:
Skills: Close Quarters Combat, Knife Thrower, Farming, Sneaking, Flexible (Mind, and body)
Dislikes: Raiders, Buzzers, Cultists, Drugs, Mutts, Noise
Fears: Being eaten by Buzzers, dolls, going crazy, being eaten in general

Bio:
Born 3 years before the outbreak, Elias had a decent childhood all things considered. After being born, Elias' parents moved to his grandparent's farm. The town was relatively nice, after word of the outbreak spread, family members of the townspeople came together to the farms. The small community worked together to fortify, and protect the town from outside threats. Elias, alongside all other children in town were kept in the dark about the outbreak ravaging the world until they were 13. At that point, they'd start high school, which was also kind of normal, albeit with a slightly more modified curriculum.

Things were going great for the community until raiders started to show up in force. They fended off the small groups, unaffiliated roamers. But one day, a rather large group shows up, one that they couldn't fight. They pried themselves as "business men", offering them protection from other raider groups. In return, the town provided them with food. To the town's surprise, they actually delivered on their end of the bargain. Still didn't negate the fact they were under the protection of murderers though. However like any story goes, nothing good ever lasts. One late night, the town was hit in force, as a very large group of raiders attacked the town, the militia were ill-prepared for such an attack, many of the townsfolk were killed, or enslaved, and dragged off to god knows where.

Not Elias though, no. He fought, and he hid. The then young 22 year old survived against imposing odds. Sadly however, not everyone is so fortunate. Most died, and the town sacked. Their "protectors" caught wind of the attack too late, so when the convoy arrived, they only found a razed town, with a handful of survivors. Elias, and Co. explained the events in explicit detail, the raiders shocked at the sheer volume of the attack, and the fact that these 5 had survived. While some of the more gruff, and aggressive members wanted to off the survivors, and be done with the place, their leaders were impressed by their ability to survive. Pointing out that it wasn't "by luck". With no where else to really go, the 5 survivors joined the raiders.

For the better part of 7 years, Elias helped the raiders in their little extortion scheme. In his time with them, they trained him, taught him how to fight, conduct "business", and how to find the good stuff. He helped them extort, kill, scavenge, and steel. Not the proudest moment in his life, but he lived, and survived. He formed bonds with the other survivors, and with several of the raiders too. Notable friends consisted of high ranking lieutenants. This often put Elias on a lot of missions. (More missions=more pay), which earned him a lot of experience.

Alas, Elias' raider career was not meant to be. Crime doesn't pay was the first words that echoed in his mind when he discovered their headquarters under siege. Elias, and a few others had gone out to do some business. When they returned, they found the place swarming with infected, everything was on fire, gun fire, and screams echoed for miles. The remaining raiders fled the scene. They didn't want to do it, but they had no choice. They ransacked the group warehouse, and picked it clean as they knew no one else had survived. The group of 9 went their separate ways. For the most part taking on a more "honest" life. They'd forget the past, and move on.

A few years of intense scavenging, and trading later and here we are.

RP Examples:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=346074
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=342176
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=343555
Last edited by Vacif on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:56 pm

Name: Ivana Plečnik
Nation Name: Kazirstan
Birthplace: Bienfait, Saskatchewan, Canada
Ethnicity: Caucasian (Slovene)
Pic/Description: Slim build, stands at 157 cm (5' 1"), with sharp features. Fair skinned, freckled, with short red hair and green eyes. Has a large bite-shaped scar on her right arm and three large claw marks on the left side of her face, starting below the eye and terminating above the jaw. Wears a worn out CADPAT jacket, Calgary Flames baseball cap, and knee-high leather hunting boots. Carries a hunting crossbow, knife, and a Beretta 92 pistol.
(Sans make up of course)

Immunity: Gifted

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Quiet, cunning. She can come across as arrogant or rude, but is actually quite humble. Suffers from social anxiety.
Skills: Very agile and fast, a moderately good shot with a crossbow.
Dislikes: Large gatherings
Fears: Commitment to relationships of any kind, Screamers

Bio: Ivana Plečnik was only a year old when the first attacks were reported in the United States. Her hometown, Bienfait, was quickly secured by the Canadian Armed Forces as they moved to secure the border and control the spread of infection. As cities and towns all over the province fell to the infection as the months passed, Bienfait held out, and became the last government stronghold in southern Saskatchewan, and one of the few left in the prairie region. The year turned over and the federal government in Ottawa ceased all normal function, Bienfait was almost completely isolated. Slowly, Bienfait became a hub for small scale trade, and a destination for many refugees. By the time Ivana was 14 years old, the situation in Bienfait was quickly deteriorating. Supplies were running low, soldiers were going rogue, and the infected were becoming more and more dangerous. One fateful day, Ivana's mother was killed by a Screamer while defending the gates, and Ivana was taken in by what remained of the local government. Several months later, Bienfait was rapidly collapsing and civil conflict looked inevitable. As the first shots were fired, Ivana ran away, scavenging what little she could from the bodies of dead citizens, including a hunting crossbow. Ivana ran, not knowing where she was going, knowing only to get farther away from the burning town of Bienfait. Ivana wandered the ruins of North America for years, flirting with death innumerable times. It was a year after her escape from Bienfait that Ivana discovered her body's unique reaction to T-13. After a nasty run-in with a Mutt, Ivana was bitten on her right arm. She considered taking her own life but was unable to bring herself to do it, and instead dressed the wound and went to sleep, hoping she didn't wake up dead. Upon waking, she found that, not only had she survived, but her senses seemed sharper, her reflexes quicker, almost cat-like. Writing off her survival as nothing short of a miracle, Ivana continued her wandering for several years, before finding Aspen, Colorado, and settling down, taking a job as a hunter and scavenger.

RP Examples:
Hogwarts: A New Era
Hogwarts: A New Era; REBOOT
1923: Extremely Alternate History
1920: Alternate History RP
Welcome to the Jungle
Last edited by Kazirstan on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:45 am, edited 6 times in total.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:59 pm

I Just finished watching Mad Max Fury Road...
I KNOW WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT!
Mainly Beating Shit up.

Edit: Jesus Edwards a dick...
Last edited by Deramen on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:00 pm

Kazirstan wrote:Name: Ivana Plečnik
Nation Name: Kazirstan
Birthplace: Bienfait, Saskatchewan, Canada
Ethnicity: Caucasian (Slovene)
Pic/Description: Slim build, with sharp features. Fair skinned, heavily freckled, with short red hair and green eyes. Has a large bite-shaped scar on her right arm. Wears a worn out CADPAT jacket and a Calgary Flames baseball cap. Carries a hunting crossbow, knife, and a Beretta 92 pistol with only two rounds.

Immunity: Gifted

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Quiet, cunning. She can come across as arrogant or rude, but is actually quite humble. Suffers from social anxiety.
Skills: Very agile and fast, a moderately good shot with a crossbow.
Dislikes: Large gatherings
Fears: Commitment to relationships of any kind, Screamers

Bio: Ivana Plečnik was only a year old when the first attacks were reported in the United States. Her hometown, Bienfait, was quickly secured by the Canadian Armed Forces as they moved to secure the border and control the spread of infection. As cities and towns all over the province fell to the infection as the months passed, Bienfait held out, and became the last government stronghold in southern Saskatchewan, and one of the few left in the prairie region. The year turned over and the federal government in Ottawa ceased all normal function, Bienfait was almost completely isolated. Slowly, Bienfait became a hub for small scale trade, and a destination for many refugees. By the time Ivana was 14 years old, the situation in Bienfait was quickly deteriorating. Supplies were running low, soldiers were going rogue, and the infected were becoming more and more dangerous. One fateful day, Ivana's mother was killed by a Screamer while defending the gates, and Ivana was taken in by what remained of the local government. Several months later, Bienfait was rapidly collapsing and civil conflict looked inevitable. As the first shots were fired, Ivana ran away, scavenging what little she could from the bodies of dead citizens, including a hunting crossbow. Ivana ran, not knowing where she was going, knowing only to get farther away from the burning town of Bienfait. Ivana wandered the ruins of North America for years, flirting with death innumerable times. It was a year after her escape from Bienfait that Ivana discovered her body's unique reaction to T-13. After a nasty run-in with a Mutt, Ivana was bitten on her right arm. She considered taking her own life but was unable to bring herself to do it, and instead dressed the wound and went to sleep, hoping she didn't wake up dead. Upon waking, she found that, not only had she survived, but her senses seemed sharper, her reflexes quicker, almost cat-like. Writing off her survival as nothing short of a miracle, Ivana continued her wandering for several years, before finding Aspen, Colorado, and settling down, taking a job as a hunter and scavenger.

RP Examples:
Hogwarts: A New Era
Hogwarts: A New Era; REBOOT
1923: Extremely Alternate History
1920: Alternate History RP
Welcome to the Jungle

Damn I feel sorry for you if you're from that part of Canada. Heard it got slammed by storms and even tornadoes yesterday from one of my Xbox friends that lives their.
Cheers mates.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Deramen wrote:I Just finished watching Mad Max Fury Road...
I KNOW WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT!
Mainly Beating Shit up.

Join the club. I've seen it twice and pre-ordered it on iTunes. I own the comic books on my phone too.

Witness me, indeed.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Posted.
Cheers mates.

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:07 pm

Sarejo wrote:Damn I feel sorry for you if you're from that part of Canada. Heard it got slammed by storms and even tornadoes yesterday from one of my Xbox friends that lives their.

It did? Well that's unfortunate. I've been out camping since last week, haven't caught up on the news yet :p . Luckily, I'm from eastern Canada, not many tornadoes around these parts.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Kazirstan wrote:
Sarejo wrote:Damn I feel sorry for you if you're from that part of Canada. Heard it got slammed by storms and even tornadoes yesterday from one of my Xbox friends that lives their.

It did? Well that's unfortunate. I've been out camping since last week, haven't caught up on the news yet :p . Luckily, I'm from eastern Canada, not many tornadoes around these parts.

He had just gotten back from a hunting trip. And like the day he gets home he gets a tornado warning.
Cheers mates.

Empire of the Rising Moon
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the Rising Moon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:09 pm

Im glad I live in Western Canada, I hear that it is a really bad wild fire season across most of the provinces right now. It sounds like the prairies are getting really screwed by nature this summer.
Well I do all sorts of RP's, mainly PT and FT, although by cannon my nation is PT mixed with FanT
Billy May's Here! And this is ERM, 100% guaranteed or your money back!

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Shit really? I need to pay more attention to the news....
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Post is up
Last edited by The Wolven League on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For anyone wondering, I joined this website during my edgy teenage years. I made a lot of dumb, awkward posts, flip-flopped between various extreme ideologies, and just generally embarrassed myself. I denounce a sizable amount of my past posts. I am no longer active on NationStates and this nation/account is no longer used.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:23 pm

Man does no one notice the fact the bar is called The Pub?
I mean the opportunity was too great for me not to take.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Deramen wrote:Man does no one notice the fact the bar is called The Pub?

Grestin missed out on a great opportunity to be the bartender in Aspen... Considering what's in his signature...
Cheers mates.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Deramen wrote:Man does no one notice the fact the bar is called The Pub?

Grestin missed out on a great opportunity to be the bartender in Aspen... Considering what's in his signature...

I know right?
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Post up.

So a man with an AR-15, .45 M1911 and Crossbow walks into a bar...
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

The Wolven League
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wolven League » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Deramen wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

I know right?

I bailed Mary out of jail btw, head on over to the Pub. lots o people there atm.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:37 pm

The Wolven League wrote:
Deramen wrote:I know right?

I bailed Mary out of jail btw, head on over to the Pub. lots o people there atm.

Since Westley just arrived, probably not the best choice... Unless we want to apologize to each other.

Also I figured out the worst possible "gift" for Gifted: Enhanced Memory, otherwise known as Eidetic Memory.
Cheers mates.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse