NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:34 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:Yeah.

So, question, does Jennifer look like Sarah? Because Sarah's appearance changed about every two posts in OUTBREAK. (No offense.)

I am, if nothing else, a bit indecisive about character appearance. One of my many RPing flaws.

Yeah, she's pretty similar. I imagine she'd look like a combination of Paulson and Sarah, obviously, but the problem is that I never actually described Paulson in detail, to my memory. I just figured he looked like a generic scientist dude.

Ok. Are they going to pass through Glenwood so Luke can have a blast from the past?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 pm

Feroxi wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Yeah, she's pretty similar. I imagine she'd look like a combination of Paulson and Sarah, obviously, but the problem is that I never actually described Paulson in detail, to my memory. I just figured he looked like a generic scientist dude.

Like this? Huehuehuehuehe...

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."

No, no, more like this, actually.

Obviously that's not what he'd look like by this point, but for whatever reason Arcade Gannon was my mental image of him and I have no clue why.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:38 pm

New Grestin wrote:Tis' a sad day when I'm using a character I've already written and the new characters make my bio look like shit.

If you're referring to me, I'm flattered :lol: . I promise to be more active and less annoying in this RP :)
Cheers mates.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:39 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Feroxi wrote:

Like this? Huehuehuehuehe...

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."

Obviously that's not what he'd look like by this point, but for whatever reason Arcade Gannon was my mental image of him and I have no clue why.

Never did like that guy.

"I might need a Med-X, or two, or eight."
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Feroxi
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Feroxi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:44 pm

New Grestin wrote:

I can see him looking like Gannon. Mainly, because I want him to look like Gannon. :lol:

Though, I would make him look like Charon if I could... I mean, he'd be missing a bunch of skin and hair and look like a ghoul, but, he'd be able to take 50,000 bullets and not die. I'd say that's a plus!

I'm too lazy to investigate where the Paulson's are going to start off at in the role-play. Do you know yet? Wolfgang will be bumming around outside of town, probably.
"One is to be admired for rebuilding thy self, not judged."
- The Self Proclaimed Master of Forum Chivalry
NationStates' resident knight in not-so shining armor.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Tayner wrote:
New Grestin wrote:"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."

Never did like that guy.

Eh, I only really kept him around to get the Enclave power armor.

Say what you will about them being evil, but goddamn do they have fashion sense.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:47 pm

Feroxi wrote:
New Grestin wrote:

I can see him looking like Gannon. Mainly, because I want him to look like Gannon. :lol:

Though, I would make him look like Charon if I could... I mean, he'd be missing a bunch of skin and hair and look like a ghoul, but, he'd be able to take 50,000 bullets and not die. I'd say that's a plus!

I'm too lazy to investigate where the Paulson's are going to start off at in the role-play. Do you know yet? Wolfgang will be bumming around outside of town, probably.

Planning on them starting out two days prior, just to give me some time to flesh Jennifer out as a character. She doesn't know anything about the old world, so I plan on playing around with that a bit.

They aren't the only two characters I plan on using *wink wink nudge nudge*, but they should arrive at town in the intro post to trade.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:49 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:Never did like that guy.

Eh, I only really kept him around to get the Enclave power armor.

Say what you will about them being evil, but goddamn do they have fashion sense.

I went for the power armor, not the tesla armor.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:51 pm

Tayner wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Eh, I only really kept him around to get the Enclave power armor.

I went for the power armor, not the tesla armor.

Really? I mean, the Tesla armor's a bit distracting and it gets in the way of using third person, which I personally prefer, but the stats were bomb if I recall correctly.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:52 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:I went for the power armor, not the tesla armor.

Really? I mean, the Tesla armor's a bit distracting and it gets in the way of using third person, which I personally prefer, but the stats were bomb if I recall correctly.

I heavily dislike third person.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:53 pm

Tayner wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Really? I mean, the Tesla armor's a bit distracting and it gets in the way of using third person, which I personally prefer, but the stats were bomb if I recall correctly.

I heavily dislike third person.

Really? I love it. It's a bit janky, but I've always preferred third person.

And the new movement animations for Fallout 4 only solidify that for me. Oh god, so smooth.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:56 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Tayner wrote:I heavily dislike third person.

Really? I love it. It's a bit janky, but I've always preferred third person.

And the new movement animations for Fallout 4 only solidify that for me. Oh god, so smooth.

Said that, she did.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:09 pm

I always play Fallout in 1st person. And Gannon is super awesome. Sad that I never brought him around with me on other play throughs.

My character was gonna look a lot like her mother, even having the same MARPAT jacket. Anyway, after a few OP things and what not I will get started on the IC. Barring distractions it should be up within the hour or so.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:12 pm

How's my app?
Cheers mates.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:14 pm

Beiarusia wrote:I always play Fallout in 1st person. And Gannon is super awesome. Sad that I never brought him around with me on other play throughs.

My character was gonna look a lot like her mother, even having the same MARPAT jacket. Anyway, after a few OP things and what not I will get started on the IC. Barring distractions it should be up within the hour or so.

Sounds good.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Beiarusia wrote:I always play Fallout in 1st person. And Gannon is super awesome. Sad that I never brought him around with me on other play throughs.

Wait, Sam had a kid?

Also, Luke has been settled in Glenwood for a year or two now, so yeah.

Sveltlana
Minister

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveltlana » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:25 pm

Probably going to jump in.

I'm horribly tempted to have a pair of twins.
ASTURIAS STRONK

Now, mortal, you have made the mistake of opening Pandora's Box. What evils have you unleashed upon the Earth?

Me, Svet lol good one svet
Me, Svet
: ikr svet it was pretty good

-- Politics --
Fuck that.

Senka: [about me] "You are a deplorable reactionary fascist cockroach with no hope of redemption who should be condemned to burn with the rest of the plutocratic imperialist stooges in the cleansing atomic fire of the righteous."

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Tayner wrote:

Wait, Sam had a kid?

Sam's epilogue is posted in the OUTBREAK IC. It kind serves as Sam's swan song and the introduction of my new character.

Sveltlana wrote:Probably going to jump in.

I'm horribly tempted to have a pair of twins.

Go for it.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:Wait, Sam had a kid?

Sam's epilogue is posted in the OUTBREAK IC. It kind serves as Sam's swan song and the introduction of my new character.

I skimmed it, I guess I missed a few things.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015

Postby The New Byzantine II » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Is my character accepted?
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:29 pm

The New Byzantine II wrote:Is my character accepted?

Likwise ^?
Cheers mates.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Sarejo wrote:
The New Byzantine II wrote:Is my character accepted?

Likwise ^?

Working on a post concerning everyone who applied while I was away. Give me a moment.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:31 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
Likwise ^?

Working on a post concerning everyone who applied while I was away. Give me a moment.

No problem. Sorry to bother you.
Cheers mates.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015

Postby The New Byzantine II » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
Likwise ^?

Roger that.
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:38 pm

The NAR wrote:>SNIP<[/b] N/A

Few things. I actually had future plans for the complex at Cheyenne Mountain, and living inside a bunker actually removes you from interacting with other people, which is what I'm trying to promote. Also, just a thought for all, not everyone who becomes infected becomes an Infected. Some can die of hemorrhagic fever. I would also like to distance ourselves from the Remnants and professional soldiers in general. Think of an alternative before I accept you.

Feroxi wrote:>SNIP<

Looking good so far. Just finish it up.

The Wolven League wrote:>SNIP<

ACCEPTED.

Sarejo wrote:>SNIP<

EDIT: ACCEPTED.

The New Byzantine II wrote:>SNIP<

First thought: being good at video games does not make you an expert at something in real life. I play CoD and Halo but by no means am I an expert marksman. Doesn't mean it wouldn't give him the know how to be adequate but it would take outside practice to master. Second, your grammar could use some work. Tried looking at your RP examples to get a feel but I could find posts by you, so if they're under a different nation name please let me know. I say it's almost there. Try working on the bio but I say it's looking good.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse