NATION

PASSWORD

NO MAN's LAND: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:27 pm

Tayner wrote:
Deramen wrote:I would assume yes.

Well, I'll do it tomarrow then. It's basically going to be : When Richmond fell, Luke sent his family to Newport News and he had to travel east with a group of Dixie soldiers until one by one they all died except Luke, until he stopped in Colorado.

If you're playing as Luke you're already accepted, but I want an App for everyone so they can be on file.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:Well, I'll do it tomarrow then. It's basically going to be : When Richmond fell, Luke sent his family to Newport News and he had to travel east with a group of Dixie soldiers until one by one they all died except Luke, until he stopped in Colorado.

If you're playing as Luke you're already accepted, but I want an App for everyone so they can be on file.

That reminds me, I'm assuming my app was accepted?

Never mind, I just noticed that.
Last edited by New Grestin on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:34 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:If you're playing as Luke you're already accepted, but I want an App for everyone so they can be on file.

That reminds me, I'm assuming my app was accepted?

Never mind, I just noticed that.

Ooh!
In in a group that's in Aspen!
HA I get to name the Aspen people!
MHAHAHAHA!
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015

Postby The New Byzantine II » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Is the No Man's Land a sequel from the OUTBREAK?
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:35 pm

The New Byzantine II wrote:Is the No Man's Land a sequel from the OUTBREAK?

Yep!
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Feroxi
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Feroxi » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:50 pm

So tempted... but, so occupied with other role-plays! Agh, I'm going to bite the bullet and inquire within.

Would a stalker (as in Metro 2033/Last Light usage) be allowed? Basically, a treasure hunter that goes into the larger cities to retrieve objects of value. I'm guessing that type of profession would be regarded as crazy by the rest of sane society at large.
Last edited by Feroxi on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One is to be admired for rebuilding thy self, not judged."
- The Self Proclaimed Master of Forum Chivalry
NationStates' resident knight in not-so shining armor.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Feroxi wrote:So tempted... but, so occupied with other role-plays! Agh, I'm going to bite the bullet and inquire within.

Would a stalker (as in Metro 2033/Last Light usage) be allowed? Basically, a treasure hunter that goes into the larger cities to retrieve objects of value. I'm guessing that type of profession would be regarded as crazy by the rest of sane society at large.

im no Co-Op or anything but I would assume that is just a scavenger thing.
There are traders and there are Scavengers so you maybe can put the two together.
Im not the law so dont take this to heart.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:15 am

Feroxi wrote:So tempted... but, so occupied with other role-plays! Agh, I'm going to bite the bullet and inquire within.

I think, as Co-Op, I can speak on this. I see no reason why that wouldn't work.

I imagine pre-outbreak tech would be worth quite a bit by this point.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:22 am

Name:Daneil Allen
Nation Name:Second Helghan Empire
Birthplace:Wichita, Kansas
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Pic/Description:

Immunity:Carrier

(OPTIONAL)
Personality:Short tempered but quick to take responsibility for his mistakes, all around rather friendly
Skills:Quick witted, Hand to hand combat, handgun training, and Rifle training
Dislikes:Night, Sleep, inclement weather, being surprised
Fears:Being abandoned, losing those close to him, becoming hated by those he cares about, being too weak to help people

Bio:
Born in the last days of civilization his mother gave birth to him in a small community near Wichita Kansas, Dan was raised for his first six years he resided in the walls of the small settlement. But it eventually was destroyed by a group of cultists who believed they were helping the world by butchering survivors and sacrificing them as food to Infected hordes. As a boy he watched his father be killed by other human beings while helping defend Daniel and his mother. Forced onto the road with a few other survivors he survived with his mother. She taught him how to survive. He learned everything he could, how to better kill someone, how to use weapons, how to find and prepare food. However when they reached Denver only days after he turned 14 a band of Psychotics began hunting his group. eventually separated from his mother and the rest of the group he was lost until nightfall. He eventually found his mother and the rest of his group, butchered along an expanse of road.

He survived in the city alone for over a month before a scavenger found him and led him to Aspen. He left Aspen at 16 for Glenwood and became a guard there.

RP Examples:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=348156
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:24 am

That would work. Cities are largely abandoned and extremely dangerous, so having a near suicidal character willing to risk it all for some huge payoff would be nice to have around. Go for it. Just note that ammunition is not in large supply, especially for more exotic weapons, so while you could have a gun (I assume this guy would) don't expect to shoot yourself out of a situation with shots to spare. This goes for everyone else as well. No huge stockpiles without a good reason.

Second Helghan Empire wrote:>SNIP<

A few grammar hiccups in the bio but I like the use of Lore. ACCEPTED.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:28 am

who's Drew Fanchon and Tyrone Mercer?
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:34 am

Deramen wrote:who's Drew Fanchon and Tyrone Mercer?

I'm finishing up the epilogue for my character's post in Outbreak. They're residents of Aspen that have some minor pull with character development. Just went ahead and added them as they'll be met soon enough once the IC begins.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:36 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Deramen wrote:who's Drew Fanchon and Tyrone Mercer?

I'm finishing up the epilogue for my character's post in Outbreak. They're residents of Aspen that have some minor pull with character development. Just went ahead and added them as they'll be met soon enough once the IC begins.

Oh ok! Cause I was confused about why there were NPC's added without notice.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:45 am

Deramen wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:I'm finishing up the epilogue for my character's post in Outbreak. They're residents of Aspen that have some minor pull with character development. Just went ahead and added them as they'll be met soon enough once the IC begins.

Oh ok! Cause I was confused about why there were NPC's added without notice.

Any named NPC will be added to the list, regardless of how important they are. This was done in Outbreak and will be done here as well. It helps to keep track of NPC's that people may or may not interact with.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:54 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Deramen wrote:Oh ok! Cause I was confused about why there were NPC's added without notice.

Any named NPC will be added to the list, regardless of how important they are. This was done in Outbreak and will be done here as well. It helps to keep track of NPC's that people may or may not interact with.

Ok Cool! Good to know!
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:17 am

Beiarusia wrote:

That would work. Cities are largely abandoned and extremely dangerous, so having a near suicidal character willing to risk it all for some huge payoff would be nice to have around. Go for it. Just note that ammunition is not in large supply, especially for more exotic weapons, so while you could have a gun (I assume this guy would) don't expect to shoot yourself out of a situation with shots to spare. This goes for everyone else as well. No huge stockpiles without a good reason.

Second Helghan Empire wrote:>SNIP<

A few grammar hiccups in the bio but I like the use of Lore. ACCEPTED.

Yay :hug:
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015

Postby The New Byzantine II » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:27 am

Tag btw, is it okay if my new character survived in the USAF bombings in Chicago?
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Partially Blind People
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Partially Blind People » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:21 am

Name: Thomas Henry Paine
Nation Name: Partially Blind People
Birthplace: New Detroit, The New Colonies
Ethnicity: White British
Pic/Description:

Immunity: Full

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Daring, adventurous, somewhat arrogant
Skills: Horse riding, sword fighting, pistol usage, survival
Dislikes: Being commanded, being restricted, the infected
Fears: Being bitten, being trapped, being incapacitated

Bio: Thomas, known more commonly as Tommy, was born to General Paine of the freshly formed New Colonies in its capital of New Detroit. He was named after the founder of the nation, Thomas Kennedy, and the first Chancellor, Henry Herbert.

He attended the prestigious and only school in the New Colonies, the New Detroit Academy, formerly Wayne State University, being among the first of its students. He took a dislike for the more traditional subjects such as Mathematics and the sciences, preferring the lessons taught on survival, shooting, and horseriding at the Academy.

It was no surprise when he joined the Outrider Corps following his graduation at 16. He spent three years training, eventually putting his skills to the test in the Outrider exam- a week long challenge where an Outrider recruit was sent to the frozen and yet untamed wastes of what was formerly Canada, having to survive the harsh winter and fend of attacks from the infected, raiders and any remaining wildlife. Tommy passed almost with ease.

From there he was assigned to the ill-fated Montgomery Expedition to the American Midwest, becoming the only known survivor. He has since been travelling through Colorado, gathering supplies and looking for a way to contact the New Colonies.

RP Examples: The last OUTBREAK.
Generation 34 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signiture on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man
The unfortunate truth of politics:
Vulkanas wrote:And so, after many months of fighting, squabbling, and not doing much else, nothing was accomplished.
THE END

Feroxi
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Feroxi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:34 am

Beiarusia wrote:That would work. Cities are largely abandoned and extremely dangerous, so having a near suicidal character willing to risk it all for some huge payoff would be nice to have around. Go for it. Just note that ammunition is not in large supply, especially for more exotic weapons, so while you could have a gun (I assume this guy would) don't expect to shoot yourself out of a situation with shots to spare. This goes for everyone else as well.

In that case, I'll try and get an app up.
"One is to be admired for rebuilding thy self, not judged."
- The Self Proclaimed Master of Forum Chivalry
NationStates' resident knight in not-so shining armor.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:44 am

Name: Luke LaForge
Nation Name: Tay-Tay
Birthplace: New Orleans, Louisiana
Ethnicity: White Trash
Pic/Description: Black Hair, bushy beard, camouflage t-shirt

Reason for being in Colorado: Ro search for other settlements.

Immunity: TD-13

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Southern.
Skills: Firearms, driving, hunting.
Dislikes: assholes, city people
Fears: Finding his family in the hordes of the undead.

Bio:

Born in Louisiana, Luke always acted polite, with his southern hospitality. When he turned 18, He moved to South Carolina, and bounced around the state for a wile, doing odd jobs. After a few months, he picked up a full time job in the state's largest firearms store. After some more time, he resigned and joined the Marines.

He joined the Marines when he was 19, and served two tours, but he was Honorably Discharged after his second Purple Heart, and his Silver Star. Once he got back, he got his old job back. He would've started his job soon after his family reunion Chicago, but the outbreak started only hours after he arrived.

He helped lead a army in Richmond ever since year five of the outbreak, and his troops were the last survivors out of Richmond. He sent all the survivors east to Newport News, including his wife, 22 year old daughter, and his 18 year old son. He soon went to Norfolk, another Dixie Safezone. The acting president ordered him and some other elite soldiers to be sent west to find, and make contact with other settlements.

He lead the team west, knowing most of the north was bombed and some of the south was overrun. They worked their way west, drifting, and never finding a settlement more then a dozen people. They directed them east to Dixie and kept going. But the five man team didn't last long. They lost one man for every state they crossed. So, Luke, stuck in Colorado without his team decided to settle. He couldn't go east, for the trip home would be too dangerous to brave alone.

He settled at the small Gleenwood outpost and became a scavenger. He shaved his beard and cut his har, making him look like a new man. He even earned a scar on his left cheek when defending the place from bandits. He sometimes makes supply runs to Aspen and brings back supplies. He remains loyal to his wife, even though he doesn't know if she's alive, and he remains loyal to Dixie. The only thing he has from the old days is his USMC hat.

RP Examples: You know me. :hug:
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:47 am

Partially Blind People wrote:>SNIP<

Note that any settlement would be small in size. ACCEPTED since Detroit probably won't come into play anytime soon.

Tayner wrote:>SNIP<

ACCEPTED.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:52 am

Beiarusia wrote:

Note that any settlement would be small in size. ACCEPTED since Detroit probably won't come into play anytime soon.

ACCEPTED.

Yay! You know what we need?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:53 am

Tayner wrote:Name: Luke LaForge

(OPTIONAL)

Bio:

Born in Louisiana, Luke always acted polite, with his southern hospitality. When he turned 18, He moved to South Carolina, and bounced around the state for a wile, doing odd jobs. After a few months, he picked up a full time job in the state's largest firearms store. After some more time, he resigned and joined the Marines.

He joined the Marines when he was 19, and served two tours, but he was Honorably Discharged after his second Purple Heart, and his Silver Star. Once he got back, he got his old job back. He would've started his job soon after his family reunion Chicago, but the outbreak started only hours after he arrived.

He helped lead a army in Richmond ever since year five of the outbreak, and his troops were the last survivors out of Richmond. He sent all the survivors east to Newport News, including his wife, 22 year old daughter, and his 18 year old son. He soon went to Norfolk, another Dixie Safezone. The acting president ordered him and some other elite soldiers to be sent west to find, and make contact with other settlements.

He lead the team west, knowing most of the north was bombed and some of the south was overrun. They worked their way west, drifting, and never finding a settlement more then a dozen people. They directed them east to Dixie and kept going. But the five man team didn't last long. They lost one man for every state they crossed. So, Luke, stuck in Colorado without his team decided to settle. He couldn't go east, for the trip home would be too dangerous to brave alone.

He settled at the small Gleenwood outpost and became a scavenger. He shaved his beard and cut his har, making him look like a new man. He even earned a scar on his left cheek when defending the place from bandits. He sometimes makes supply runs to Aspen and brings back supplies. He remains loyal to his wife, even though he doesn't know if she's alive, and he remains loyal to Dixie. The only thing he has from the old days is his USMC hat.

Are you stealing from Aspen?
because Mary does not approve...
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Partially Blind People
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Partially Blind People » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:54 am

Beiarusia wrote:

ACCEPTED.

The New Colonies population is really sparse and the overalls population is probably less than 40k
Generation 34 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signiture on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man
The unfortunate truth of politics:
Vulkanas wrote:And so, after many months of fighting, squabbling, and not doing much else, nothing was accomplished.
THE END

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:57 am

Deramen wrote:
Tayner wrote:Name: Luke LaForge

(OPTIONAL)

Bio:

Are you stealing from Aspen?
because Mary does not approve...

No, he's like a trader.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse