NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK: A Survival RP (OOC/ENDED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Name: Mackenzie Patrikson
Nation Name: The Union of Courland
Birthplace: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ethnicity: Scottish-Canadian
Pic/Description: 5' 11, pale white skin, curly blond hair that reaches just past the shoulders, kept in a braid, usually draped over the shoulders. Soft blue eyes, freckles aren't very concentrated, but they are everywhere, primarily the arms and head.

Occupation: Canadian Navy, Serving aboard a Canadian Destroyer.
Reason for being in Chicago: On temporary leave, visiting family in Chicago when the virus trapped her there.

Immunity: I can be Gifted, right?

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Kind, Shy, and overall the kind of person you just want to love. Sweet personality, but she won't have full conversations with you until she knows you. Recently discovered she has a knack for leading and speaks with a silver toungue.
Skills: Gun training, smooth talking, skilled leader, and great stamina(she exercises a lot)
Likes: Her home country of Canada, the Ocean, the Canadian Navy, and basically anything that has to do with either Canada or the open waters.
Dislikes: The virus, being a sick freak of nature, not being in Canada, being cut off from civilization, and those who take advantage of others:
Fears: Death, being a freak of nature, and the infected.

Bio: Born on March 20, 1993, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Mackenzie was the daughter of two ordinary parents, one an accountant, the other a waitress. She grew up in a normal life, her family was fortunate to be in the upper sections of the middle class, so she grew up in a relatively standard family. After finishing High School, she attended College for a few years before she decided to join the Canadian Navy. Her Grandfather and his father before him had served in the Canadian Navy, and her Great Grandfather had even been in the Canadian Navy during World War Two. She decided to continue the family legacy, so she signed up. Finishing her training, she was stationed on a Canadian Destroyer. Although her predescessors had served in submarines, she could not because she was a woman. Nevertheless, she was happy to continue the family legacy of serving in the Navy, which her father had broken. She was on temporary leave granted by the Navy, and was visiting her retired father, who had moved to Chicago. When he succumbed to the virus, she quickly noticed what was going on. As many people around her succumbed to the virus, she wondered why she wasn't. It was only after the US governing collapsed that she discovered that she was not only immune, but also what the governing had labeled as Gifted. She took the news very hard, believing herself to be a freak of nature. She made it her goal to get back to her ship, stationed in Halifax.

RP Examples: WIP

Only thing I have to get in is the RP Example.
This is the law of the jungle,
As old and as true as the sky,
The wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
But the wolf that shall break it must die,
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
The law runneth forwards and back,
For the strength of the pack is the wolf,
And the strength of a wolf is the pack.
-Unknown

Nurse Redheart is best pony.
Proud Supporter of Luna and the New Lunar Republic. Down with the Tyrant Celestia! If you support the Solar Empire, TG me.
Sanabel wrote:I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

The New Greek Republic wrote:What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:51 pm

The Union of Courland wrote:Name: Mackenzie Patrikson
Pic/Description: 5' 11, pale white skin, curly blond hair that reaches just past the shoulders, kept in a braid, usually draped over the shoulders. Soft blue eyes, freckles aren't very concentrated, but they are everywhere, primarily the arms and head.

Reason for being in Chicago: On temporary leave, visiting family in Chicago when the virus trapped her there.

(OPTIONAL)
Personality: Kind, Shy, and overall the kind of person you just want to love. Sweet personality, but she won't have full conversations with you until she knows you. Recently discovered she has a knack for leading and speaks with a silver toungue.
Skills: Gun training, smooth talking, skilled leader, and great stamina(she exercises a lot)
Likes: Her home country of Canada, the Ocean, the Canadian Navy, and basically anything that has to do with either Canada or the open waters.
Dislikes: The virus, being a sick freak of nature, not being in Canada, being cut off from civilization, and those who take advantage of others:

Bio: Born on March 20, 1993, in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Mackenzie was the daughter of two ordinary parents, one an accountant, the other a waitress. She grew up in a normal life, her family was fortunate to be in the upper sections of the middle class, so she grew up in a relatively standard family. After finishing High School, she attended College for a few years before she decided to join the Canadian Navy. Her Grandfather and his father before him had served in the Canadian Navy, and her Great Grandfather had even been in the Canadian Navy during World War Two. She decided to continue the family legacy, so she signed up. Finishing her training, she was stationed on a Canadian Destroyer. Although her predescessors had served in submarines, she could not because she was a woman. Nevertheless, she was happy to continue the family legacy of serving in the Navy, which her father had broken. She was on temporary leave granted by the Navy, and was visiting her retired father, who had moved to Chicago. When he succumbed to the virus, she quickly noticed what was going on. As many people around her succumbed to the virus, she wondered why she wasn't. It was only after the US governing collapsed that she discovered that she was not only immune, but also what the governing had labeled as Gifted. She took the news very hard, believing herself to be a freak of nature. She made it her goal to get back to her ship, stationed in Halifax.

As it looks I'll say ACCEPTED. Any questions then ask. Also, Gifted can be anything but please try to keep it reasonable to a degree.

Laurvier
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Laurvier » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:51 am

What's the word on my app?

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:25 am

Laurvier wrote:What's the word on my app?

Check last post on page 164
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:21 am

And now, in the true spirit of Christmas movies, I present to you...

A blooper!

Take 1.
She hugged him back, letting herself cry. She couldn't help but cry, because she had been unable to cry then. She'd had to refuse to let herself feel anything, because the moment she began to feel, the moment she let in the horror and pain and sorrow, the moment she recognized what she had become... she would break. She had five years of shutting out emotion to make up for, five years of being numb to the pain, and it was about time she started feeling again... And then she pulled away and started laughing.
"What is it now?"
"What is this, a soap opera?"
"No, it's a zombie apocalypse! Be serious!"
"I'm acting like I'm in a soap opera! How am I supposed to be serious?"
"Pretend you're in a zombie apocalypse."

Take 2, five minutes later.
She hugged him back, letting herself cry. She couldn't help but cry, because she had been unable to cry then...
"Why did you stop?"
"Why are they called soap operas anyway? I mean, they're not operas, and they don't really have anything to do with soap..."
:mad:

Take 3, five minutes and a trip to a psychologist later.
She hugged him back, letting herself cry. She couldn't help but cry, because she had been unable to cry then. She'd had to refuse to let herself feel anything, because the moment she began to feel, the moment she let in the horror and pain and sorrow, the moment she recognized what she had become... she would break. She had five years of shutting out emotion to make up for, five years of being numb to the pain, and it was about time she started feeling again.
"Why are we doing this?"
"Why are we doing what?"
"This. Isn't this supposed to be accessible to children?"
"No. It's a zombie apocalypse."
"Kids love zombies."
"But it's the apocalypse!"
"Kids like those too."
"But... but... it's the zombie apocalypse!"
"Even better! Now if we could just find a peashooter..."

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:24 am

Me reading your latest posts

Cornier than....William Shatner's acting while on Star Trek.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:25 am

Charlia wrote:And now, in the true spirit of Christmas movies, I present to you...

A blooper!

Take 1.
She hugged him back, letting herself cry. She couldn't help but cry, because she had been unable to cry then. She'd had to refuse to let herself feel anything, because the moment she began to feel, the moment she let in the horror and pain and sorrow, the moment she recognized what she had become... she would break. She had five years of shutting out emotion to make up for, five years of being numb to the pain, and it was about time she started feeling again... And then she pulled away and started laughing.
"What is it now?"

She hugged him back, letting herself cry. She couldn't help but cry, because she had been unable to cry then...
"Why did you stop?"
"Why are they called soap operas anyway? I mean, they're not operas, and they don't really have anything to do with soap..."

She hugged him back, letting herself cry. She couldn't help but cry, because she had been unable to cry then. She'd had to refuse to let herself feel anything, because the moment she began to feel, the moment she let in the horror and pain and sorrow, the moment she recognized what she had become... she would break. She had five years of shutting out emotion to make up for, five years of being numb to the pain, and it was about time she started feeling again.
"Why are we doing this?"
"Why are we doing what?"
"Kids love zombies."
"Kids like those too."

I'm... I'm confused
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:30 am

The NAR wrote:
Charlia wrote:And now, in the true spirit of Christmas movies, I present to you...

A blooper!

Take 1.
"What is it now?"

"Why did you stop?"

"Why are we doing this?"
"Why are we doing what?"
"Kids love zombies."
"Kids like those too."

I'm... I'm confused

What, about the peashooter thing? It might be a bit obscure. It was a Plants vs. Zombies joke, because I could.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Me reading your latest posts

(Image)

...I know... ;)
That's why I make the bold text comment on it. And the bloopers. I realize it's corny, so I make fun of it.
Seriously though, while it is pretty corny, all romance is corny.
:) I'm just being realistic.

But that... that made me think of a picture I saw somewhere...
It was a picture of Kirk in the middle of falling over, and his arms were clearly waving around, and it was captioned something like 'We need to invent a game called 'Shatner', where somebody yells 'SHATNER!' and everyone instantly has to overact whatever they're doing.'

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:02 am

Beiarusia wrote:
The Union of Courland wrote:Name: Mackenzie Patrikson

(OPTIONAL)

As it looks I'll say ACCEPTED. Any questions then ask. Also, Gifted can be anything but please try to keep it reasonable to a degree.

Yeah, I was just kinda thinking could I be able to heal other people with my hands. Like, obviously I wouldn't be able to heal broken bones or ruptured lungs, just injuries I can touch. Would that be okay?
This is the law of the jungle,
As old and as true as the sky,
The wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
But the wolf that shall break it must die,
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
The law runneth forwards and back,
For the strength of the pack is the wolf,
And the strength of a wolf is the pack.
-Unknown

Nurse Redheart is best pony.
Proud Supporter of Luna and the New Lunar Republic. Down with the Tyrant Celestia! If you support the Solar Empire, TG me.
Sanabel wrote:I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

The New Greek Republic wrote:What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:04 am

Charlia wrote:
The NAR wrote:I'm... I'm confused

What, about the peashooter thing? It might be a bit obscure. It was a Plants vs. Zombies joke, because I could.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Me reading your latest posts

(Image)

...I know... ;)
That's why I make the bold text comment on it. And the bloopers. I realize it's corny, so I make fun of it.

It was a picture of Kirk in the middle of falling over, and his arms were clearly waving around, and it was captioned something like 'We need to invent a game called 'Shatner', where somebody yells 'SHATNER!' and everyone instantly has to overact whatever they're doing.'

That sounds fun. I need to start that game...

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:05 am

Australian Antarctica wrote:
Charlia wrote:What, about the peashooter thing? It might be a bit obscure. It was a Plants vs. Zombies joke, because I could.

...I know... ;)

That sounds fun. I need to start that game...

Yeah, I'm spreading the word among my friends. Maybe it'll become a new fad. Haha, they're all like 'Let's play Bump' or whatever, and I'm like 'No. SHATNER!'

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:07 am

Charlia wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:That sounds fun. I need to start that game...

Yeah, I'm spreading the word among my friends. Maybe it'll become a new fad. Haha, they're all like 'Let's play Bump' or whatever, and I'm like 'No. SHATNER!'

Yeah, I won't be able to start that with my friends. We are all complete opposites. We've got a jock, a redneck, and me, the geek.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:10 am

MRW I take a break from NS for the holiday and come back to find all my subbed threads exploded.

And then I realize I've got stuff to do today too.

Damn you, Nationstates. Damn you to hell.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:10 am

Lol I'm probably going to get warned for my horror movie bloodfest in my latest post
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:15 am

Charlia wrote:Yeah, I'm spreading the word among my friends. Maybe it'll become a new fad. Haha, they're all like 'Let's play Bump' or whatever, and I'm like 'No. SHATNER!'

Yeah, I won't be able to start that with my friends. We are all complete opposites. We've got a jock, a redneck, and me, the geek.

Geeks for the win! *fist pumps*

I've got a few friends who would understand it. Not all of them, though. (Some of my friends have no life... or maybe they have a life and I don't. I don't know. ;))

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:16 am

Charlia wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Yeah, I won't be able to start that with my friends. We are all complete opposites. We've got a jock, a redneck, and me, the geek.

Geeks for the win! *fist pumps*

I've got a few friends who would understand it. Not all of them, though. (Some of my friends have no life... or maybe they have a life and I don't. I don't know. ;))

Well, it's over a month into Summer and all I've done is NS and a shitty trip to Europe. Literally haven't even seen my friends since school...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:28 am

Charlia wrote:Geeks for the win! *fist pumps*

Well, it's over a month into Summer and all I've done is NS and a shitty trip to Europe. Literally haven't even seen my friends since school...

Summer is for being sedentary. :) You are doing it right.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:29 am

Charlia wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Well, it's over a month into Summer and all I've done is NS and a shitty trip to Europe. Literally haven't even seen my friends since school...

Summer is for being sedentary. :) You are doing it right.

But...but...no Xbox for entertainment...

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:29 am

Charlia wrote:Geeks for the win! *fist pumps*

Join the club. I barely hang out with anyone outside of work.

Personally, I prefer it that way.

EDIT: Working on a post. Should have it up soon. Trying to get an intro for the Halo RP ready.
Last edited by New Grestin on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:31 am

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Well, it's over a month into Summer and all I've done is NS and a shitty trip to Europe. Literally haven't even seen my friends since school...

Join the club. I barely hang out with anyone outside of work.

EDIT: Working on a post. Should have it up soon. Trying to get an intro for the Halo RP ready.

I'd rather be old enough to have a job. At least that is something to do.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:34 am

New Grestin wrote:Join the club. I barely hang out with anyone outside of work.

I'd rather be old enough to have a job. At least that is something to do.

*shrug*

I dunno. My parents just kinda made me get a job when I was 16. I've been working various jobs ever since, but I had, like, a four or five month gap where I wasn't doing anything besides training for my new job. Kinda missed it a little, if I'm honest.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:35 am

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:I'd rather be old enough to have a job. At least that is something to do.

*shrug*

I dunno. My parents just kinda made me get a job when I was 16. I've been working various jobs ever since, but I had, like, a four or five month gap where I wasn't doing anything besides training for my new job. Kinda missed it a little, if I'm honest.

My friend has had a job since he was 12. Not officially till this year though. Me, I just help out around the farm over summer.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 am

Oh bloody hell, not this shit...

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:48 am

Australian Antarctica wrote:Oh bloody hell, not this shit...

?

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:49 am

New Grestin wrote:
Australian Antarctica wrote:Oh bloody hell, not this shit...

?

The NAR just brought the infection to the compound.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse