NATION

PASSWORD

Hearthstone Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Hearthstone Thread

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:30 am

Does anyone else play Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft?

What class do you play and what strategy do you use? Do you have any legendary cards?

I pretty much only play as Mage. Sometimes I do alright with Paladin but I don't know how to use any of the other classes. For Mage I focus on using 3 mana minions with wind fury and death rattle effects to rush the enemy down (supported by a large number of spell destruction), I only have a few high mana heavy hitters.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:11 pm

I've played on friends' accounts occasionally for about a year, just got around to getting it myself a week ago. Usually play Shaman.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:15 pm

Merizoc wrote:I've played on friends' accounts occasionally for about a year, just got around to getting it myself a week ago. Usually play Shaman.

Do you play on the phone or on the computer?

I heard you can get a free booster pack if you download on the Android table (but apparently not on iPhone)

I'm trying to get Kel-Thuzad without having to spend real money.

Dead Names
Envoy

Founded: Aug 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Names » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:55 pm

I play quite a bit. I purchased Naxxramus and Blackrock Mountain but I'm trying not to spend money on individual packs. I have all the legendaries from those two sets plus Nozdormu (bleh). I don't have enough cards to play any of the strongest decks in the meta right now so I mainly play the cheap classes. Hunter, Warlock, and Paladin are probably my go-to's.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Dead Names wrote:I play quite a bit. I purchased Naxxramus and Blackrock Mountain but I'm trying not to spend money on individual packs. I have all the legendaries from those two sets plus Nozdormu (bleh). I don't have enough cards to play any of the strongest decks in the meta right now so I mainly play the cheap classes. Hunter, Warlock, and Paladin are probably my go-to's.

I see...

why do you not like Mage?

From my point of view, Mage is the most powerful (or at least, its so much easier to use and do really well). But maybe it's just because I've played Yugioh beatdown decks before and Mage just clicks better with me.

My strategy is to attack, attack, always attack and destroy.

Anyone interested in a challenge? My account name is ''JaimeLannist.''

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Dead Names wrote:I play quite a bit. I purchased Naxxramus and Blackrock Mountain but I'm trying not to spend money on individual packs. I have all the legendaries from those two sets plus Nozdormu (bleh). I don't have enough cards to play any of the strongest decks in the meta right now so I mainly play the cheap classes. Hunter, Warlock, and Paladin are probably my go-to's.

I've only done the first Blackrock Mountain mission (and gotten the Grim Patron and the first legendary).

Most of my army is built from boosters and crafting. I rarely play the Arena.

Dead Names
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Names » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:15 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

I've only done the first Blackrock Mountain mission (and gotten the Grim Patron and the first legendary).

I think Mage is strong as well, I just don't usually find myself playing it that often. Not sure why. If you like aggressive decks I'm surprised you don't play hunter. I think constructed can get boring really fast so I try to play arena as often as I can without having to pay for it. I'd be willing to play a game sometime if you're interested.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:44 pm

Dead Names wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I think Mage is strong as well, I just don't usually find myself playing it that often. Not sure why. If you like aggressive decks I'm surprised you don't play hunter. I think constructed can get boring really fast so I try to play arena as often as I can without having to pay for it. I'd be willing to play a game sometime if you're interested.

Sounds cool.

Add me in the game, my account is ''JaimeLannist'' what is yours?

We can arrange a specific time by telegram. I periodically check NS in regular hours of Pacific time.

I tried Hunter but I don't think it has enough destruction and I don't like the class-specific spells that much.

Conoga
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conoga » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:57 am

I used to play before they started adding the expansion packs. I almost always played this bad shadow priest deck I made.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:09 am

Conoga wrote:I used to play before they started adding the expansion packs. I almost always played this bad shadow priest deck I made.

Of all of the classes to duel against I fear the Priest the most (especially when its a pro).

What always happens is that I'll use up my Polymorphs and Fireblasts and other field removal weapons but the Priest stays calm, heals, and holds his ground. And then he plays all of these cards which double their minions' attack and defences (you get attacks and defenses in the double digits).

And then I can't do a thing because I'm out of ammo and he can heal.

That or I think I'm winning the battle and then at the very end he steals my best minion with Mind Control.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:19 pm

I am in Rank 10 now and I am playing a mech Mage deck (I'm surprised I made it this far).

I have 1600 Dust but am considering whether or not to craft a Legendary card. Any recommendations?

I already have Antonidas.

I'm wondering whether or not its worth getting the Firelord Ragnaros.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Merizoc wrote:I've played on friends' accounts occasionally for about a year, just got around to getting it myself a week ago. Usually play Shaman.

Do you have any legendary cards?

Dead Names
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Names » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:I am in Rank 10 now and I am playing a mech Mage deck (I'm surprised I made it this far).

I have 1600 Dust but am considering whether or not to craft a Legendary card. Any recommendations?

Dr. Boom and Sylvanas are the two most popular non-class legendaries in the meta right now. Then maybe Ysera. If you want to play Paladin seriously you will need Tirion sooner or later.

Rag is cool but I rarely see anyone playing him anymore. I'd go with Dr. Boom or Sylvanas.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:49 pm

Dead Names wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I am in Rank 10 now and I am playing a mech Mage deck (I'm surprised I made it this far).

Dr. Boom and Sylvanas are the two most popular non-class legendaries in the meta right now. Then maybe Ysera. If you want to play Paladin seriously you will need Tirion sooner or later.

Rag is cool but I rarely see anyone playing him anymore. I'd go with Dr. Boom or Sylvanas.

What about Foe Reaper 4000?

It looks SOOO cool but I'm not sure its strategically viable (it does nothing the turn it is summoned)

Dead Names
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Names » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:00 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Dead Names wrote:Dr. Boom and Sylvanas are the two most popular non-class legendaries in the meta right now. Then maybe Ysera. If you want to play Paladin seriously you will need Tirion sooner or later.

It looks SOOO cool but I'm not sure its strategically viable (it does nothing the turn it is summoned)

Most things can be good if you know how to properly build around them. Foe Reaver is a cool card but I can't honestly say I've seen anyone use it in awhile. If you Google "Foe Reaver decks" you can probably find some decent ideas.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Dead Names wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Most things can be good if you know how to properly build around them. Foe Reaver is a cool card but I can't honestly say I've seen anyone use it in awhile. If you Google "Foe Reaver decks" you can probably find some decent ideas.

I see...

I'm stuck at Rank 10 with a Mech Mage deck and can't move beyond.

It seems that it is filled with Druids who I can't seem to defeat. They always stall early on with armor, calculated hero attacks, and cheap removal cards. Then in the late game (they get there faster because of their mana crystal boosts) they drop one big guy after another after another. My army's always tired and worn out by that point and I just get wiped out.

Are control decks just better than rush decks?

Dead Names
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dead Names » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:00 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Dead Names wrote:Most things can be good if you know how to properly build around them. Foe Reaver is a cool card but I can't honestly say I've seen anyone use it in awhile. If you Google "Foe Reaver decks" you can probably find some decent ideas.

I see...

It seems that it is filled with Druids who I can't seem to defeat. They always stall early on with armor, calculated hero attacks, and cheap removal cards. Then in the late game (they get there faster because of their mana crystal boosts) they drop one big guy after another after another. My army's always tired and worn out by that point and I just get wiped out.

It depends. I've never really played mech mage so I don't know how it stacks up against popular decks right now. Warrior, Warlock, and Hunter are by far the strongest three classes at the moment. Not sure why you are running in to so many Druid decks.

Amistrinal
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Amistrinal » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Hello, been playing hearthstone the past few days, noticed that this thread popped up. I tend to play a lot of hunter, with booster packs I've managed a very fun to play deck. 3 different secrets, 2 of each. Freezing and explosive traps, plus some snipes I believe. Deck focuses on low cost, the strongest card I have in there in terms of attack without mods is core hound. I've seen some weird things in my few days of playing. One was a mage that focused almost 100% on secrets and spells. At one point, 5 different secrets. One of which was my own! Minion with a battlecry that stole secrets, I tried to use a hunter's mark, turned out he had a secret for that! Summoned a 1 health minion, moved the target to that.

Probably the weirdest thing is a different thing I saw today. Playing against a warlock, about to lose, but I had a taunt. Ended turn. They then proceeded to kill my taunt with spells. One of which summoned a random demon as a side effect. They got Lord Jaraxxus. Didn't get to see him in action, given that the warlock then proceeded to kill me.
I enjoy role-playing and ponies. I'm also descended from French kings, English kings, and Vikings. Can't speak anything other than English though.

Current catchphrase: "keep on keepin' on."

Selljoke, Jester of many courts.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Amistrinal wrote:Hello, been playing hearthstone the past few days, noticed that this thread popped up. I tend to play a lot of hunter, with booster packs I've managed a very fun to play deck. 3 different secrets, 2 of each. Freezing and explosive traps, plus some snipes I believe. Deck focuses on low cost, the strongest card I have in there in terms of attack without mods is core hound. I've seen some weird things in my few days of playing. One was a mage that focused almost 100% on secrets and spells. At one point, 5 different secrets. One of which was my own! Minion with a battlecry that stole secrets, I tried to use a hunter's mark, turned out he had a secret for that! Summoned a 1 health minion, moved the target to that.

Probably the weirdest thing is a different thing I saw today. Playing against a warlock, about to lose, but I had a taunt. Ended turn. They then proceeded to kill my taunt with spells. One of which summoned a random demon as a side effect. They got Lord Jaraxxus. Didn't get to see him in action, given that the warlock then proceeded to kill me.

Jaraxxus is the BOSS!

The first time I saw him in action, I thought the opponent had hacked the game because of how overpowered it seemed at the time...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:10 pm

Dead Names wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
I see...

It depends. I've never really played mech mage so I don't know how it stacks up against popular decks right now. Warrior, Warlock, and Hunter are by far the strongest three classes at the moment. Not sure why you are running in to so many Druid decks.

I'm having a lot of trouble fighting rush-style Warlocks... and I lose against Hunters more often than not I think.

But Warriors? They are powerful?

Conoga
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conoga » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Is there a way to steal weapons? I want to make a deck that makes everything a hunter weapon.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Conoga wrote:Is there a way to steal weapons? I want to make a deck that makes everything a hunter weapon.

I don't think so (but don't take my word for it).

I know Acidic Swamp Ooze has a battle cry which destroys enemy weapons. Its a pretty cool card.

Amistrinal
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Amistrinal » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:42 pm

I just won a game using a spellpower mage! Playing against a paladin!

I wasn't sure it was possible, but I did it! Weird deck comp though, only uses spells, cards that benefit spells, or cards benefited by spells.

2 arcane missile
2 mirror image
2 mana wyrm
2 arcane explosion.
2 frostbolt
2 kobold geomancer
1 mana addict
2 sorcerer's apprentice
2 arcane intellect
2 frost nova
2 Dalaran mage
2 fireball
2 polymorph
2 ogre magi
1 azure drake
2 archmage
Stir well and add lots of luck!
I enjoy role-playing and ponies. I'm also descended from French kings, English kings, and Vikings. Can't speak anything other than English though.

Current catchphrase: "keep on keepin' on."

Selljoke, Jester of many courts.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:48 pm

I am super pissed at Blizzard/Battle net. Apparently you can only change your in-game name ONCE.

No one warned me about this.

I was playing as mage under the game name ''JaimeLannist'' when I finally got enough dust to form a secondary warlock rush deck. Since the warlock deck used blood magic, I thought it would be cool to change my game name to ''KingStannis.''

It was never meant to be a permanent thing.

But now its permanent. I'm KingStannis forever.

WHY on earth did Blizzard set it so you can only change your in game name ONCE? I mean... either don't let you change it or let you change as many times as you want. I just don't get it...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Amistrinal wrote:I just won a game using a spellpower mage! Playing against a paladin!

I wasn't sure it was possible, but I did it! Weird deck comp though, only uses spells, cards that benefit spells, or cards benefited by spells.

2 arcane missile
2 mirror image
2 mana wyrm
2 arcane explosion.
2 frostbolt
2 kobold geomancer
1 mana addict
2 sorcerer's apprentice
2 arcane intellect
2 frost nova
2 Dalaran mage
2 fireball
2 polymorph
2 ogre magi
1 azure drake
2 archmage
Stir well and add lots of luck!

You like mana addict? I don't think its that good of a card...

are you planning to eventually do the Nax and Black Mountain quests? They have some good cards for Mage decks (like mad scientist and flame waker that I often run into).

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction