NATION

PASSWORD

DO NOT POST HERE

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Should we make a new OOC to attract new players?

Yes
77%
No
23%

Total votes : 13

WHYYYY
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

DO NOT POST HERE

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:13 am

Last edited by WHYYYY on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 68 times in total.
Sorry moderators.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:17 am

App format will be up once this thing gets noticed.
Sorry moderators.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:22 am

count me in when this gets up and running again.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:31 am

Shadowwell wrote:count me in when this gets up and running again.

Yusssss. Thank you sir/ma'am
Sorry moderators.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:41 am

I was in the original for like all of two posts, then I had to stop because of RL. It will be nice to be in it again.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:44 am

-Prepares an Amelia remake.-
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:50 am

eh, screw it, I haven't been in a "teen" RP in awhile.
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:13 am

WHYYYY wrote:App format will be up once this thing gets noticed.

Will the app be similar to the one used in the original, I ask so that by the time you are ready to accept apps that I will have a character ready and fleshed out by then.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:34 am

:eyebrow:
Shadowwell wrote:
WHYYYY wrote:App format will be up once this thing gets noticed.

Will the app be similar to the one used in the original, I ask so that by the time you are ready to accept apps that I will have a character ready and fleshed out by then.

Yeah, I'm thinking:

Name
Appearance
Powers/gear
Personality
Bio
Sorry moderators.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:37 am

And remember, some things different from the first one:

The humans hate superhumans, due to an event 50 years ago that I will elaborate on soon. Feel free to make that part of your bio, if the parents found out and threw the character out of the house or something. Just a possibility

The students are more or less kidnapped and taken to the school. You can also work this into your character. But I wouldn't make escaping the island a super high priority for your character
Sorry moderators.

British-Crimean States
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby British-Crimean States » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:38 am

Tag.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:46 pm

i know you will probably answer this latr but is the academy hidden? This is going to help me with the bio of my character, also should we include the weaknesses of our characters powers in the power/equipment tab.

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:47 pm

Tag.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Shadowwell wrote:i know you will probably answer this latr but is the academy hidden? This is going to help me with the bio of my character, also should we include the weaknesses of our characters powers in the power/equipment tab.

The academy is indeed hidden. It is on a small, well defended island not on any maps.

You should have the weaknesses. Just say like "he can do _____ BUT _______." It's good to define the weaknesses so we don't get any all-powerful characters
Sorry moderators.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:57 pm

I was toned down last time...Amelia's reicarnation will be more powerful then her first.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
24 years old and female.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Tag, although I fear that I've been bitten by the Summer bug and I just can't stop myself from apping for more RPs than I can probably deal with :3 Still, no harm in trying.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:03 pm

Bentus wrote:Tag, although I fear that I've been bitten by the Summer bug and I just can't stop myself from apping for more RPs than I can probably deal with :3 Still, no harm in trying.

XD I've done that. Glad to have you here regardless
Sorry moderators.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:10 pm

App format is UP!!!
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age (most likely 14-16 range):[/b]
[b]Appearance (image or detailed paragraph):[/b]
[b]Powers/Gear:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
Sorry moderators.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:52 pm

so can we post apps yet :p . I am assuming that you would rather have us wait to post apps

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:01 pm

Name: Amelia Nurhachi

Age (most likely 14-16 range): 15

Appearance (image or detailed paragraph): About Four feet, Eight inches tall with red hair, emerald green eyes, and a hybrid human-tiger face. She has a slightly muscular build with coarse white fur with black stripes and a tail. She is often in a black dress and wears elaborate gold jewelery. Her human features show oriental ancestory, including her eyes.

Powers/Gear: Amelia has perfect night vision but often has to wear glasses during the day because bright sunlight glares in her vision and makes it hard for her to see. She also possesses natural claws that have been altered gentically to make them unbreakable; these allow her to climb on wooden walls, trees, and other wooden objects. She can also invade the minds of others and influence their actions to a degree, but if resisted, it leaves her own mind vurnarable to counter-invasion untill she recovers. She also has a broadsword.

Personality: Amelia is self-confident to the point that she can sometimes come off as arrogant. To those she wishes to be friends with, she is a caring and nice person, while her enemies find her deceitful and somewhat minipulative, sometimes appearing to be an entirely different person depending on who she's around. If anyone mentions the massacare of her family, it almost always drives her to hostility.

Bio: Amelia is from an enclave in China where her kind sought refuge from the onslaught against her kind by Mankind. As a child, her enclave was discovered by the Chinese government and attacked. Amelia saw her family massacared by the government forces, who had hidden her away to keep her safe and after she escaped the massacare, vowed to avenge her family, whatever the cost to Humanity may be. She survived by thievery and dumpster diving, often moving at night to remain undetected. As she grew older, these things became harder and harder to do. One day, her lair was descovered and raided, forcing Amelia, then 14 years old, to fight for her life. One of the people who attacked her did so with a broadsword. After Amelia managed to kill or incapacitate her attackers, she took their valuables, including the broadsword, as her own.She stayed in the general vacinity for just long enough to reach her 15th year, when she was discovered by agents of the Academy. These people offered her safety, and so she accepted and went with them.
Last edited by Taigawa on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:14 pm

is it ok for our characters to be a little older than the app suggests the reason why he is older is explained in the bio section of the app.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Shadowwell wrote:is it ok for our characters to be a little older than the app suggests the reason why he is older is explained in the bio section of the app.

Yeah, as long as it's still a relatable age (most likely younger than 21, if it's older tg me the app and I'll see), since we want characters to be able to relate to one another.
Sorry moderators.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:33 pm

WHYYYY wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:is it ok for our characters to be a little older than the app suggests the reason why he is older is explained in the bio section of the app.

Yeah, as long as it's still a relatable age (most likely younger than 21, if it's older tg me the app and I'll see), since we want characters to be able to relate to one another.

ok the character will be 17 and I shall post the app shortly then.

WHYYYY
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WHYYYY » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:35 pm

Taigawa wrote:Name: Amelia Nurhachi

Age (most likely 14-16 range): 15

Appearance (image or detailed paragraph): About Four feet, Eight inches tall with red hair, emerald green eyes, and a hybrid human-tiger face. She has a slightly muscular build with coarse white fur with black stripes and a tail. She is often in a black dress and wears elaborate gold jewelery. Her human features show oriental ancestory, including her eyes.

Powers/Gear: Amelia has perfect night vision but often has to wear glasses during the day because bright sunlight glares in her vision and makes it hard for her to see. She also possesses natural claws that have been altered gentically to make them unbreakable; these allow her to climb on wooden walls, trees, and other wooden objects. She can also invade the minds of others and influence their actions to a degree, but if resisted, it leaves her own mind vurnarable to counter-invasion untill she recovers. She also has a broadsword.

Personality: Amelia is self-confident to the point that she can sometimes come off as arrogant. To those she wishes to be friends with, she is a caring and nice person, while her enemies find her deceitful and somewhat minipulative, sometimes appearing to be an entirely different person depending on who she's around. If anyone mentions the massacare of her family, it almost always drives her to hostility.

Bio: Amelia is from an enclave in China where her kind sought refuge from the onslaught against her kind by Mankind. As a child, her enclave was discovered by the Chinese government and attacked. Amelia saw her family massacared by the government forces, who had hidden her away to keep her safe and after she escaped the massacare, vowed to avenge her family, whatever the cost to Humanity may be. She survived by thievery and dumpster diving, often moving at night to remain undetected. As she grew older, these things became harder and harder to do. One day, her lair was descovered and raided, forcing Amelia, then 14 years old, to fight for her life. One of the people who attacked her did so with a broadsword. After Amelia managed to kill or incapacitate her attackers, she took their valuables, including the broadsword, as her own.She stayed in the general vacinity for just long enough to reach her 15th year, when she was discovered by agents of the Academy. These people offered her safety, and so she accepted and went with them.

A few questions:
1-Are you still going with the whole "lab experiment" route for her origin? Or is this enclave a group of hybrids and she just born like this?
Sorry moderators.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:36 pm

Name: Erebus Diedrich Williamson
Appearance: he is 6 foot 2 with an athletic build, he has White hair and Pure black eyes, this is the result of a science experiment done on him going haywire. he usually wears black clothes as the color suits him best. he has pale skin as a result of the sun not likeing him.

Powers/gear: Darkness and shadow manipulation. He can condense shadows into solid objects taking various shapes. He can also travel to a Pocket dimension made of Darkness that he calls DarkSpace. He can create simple minded constructs out of the shadows and darkness. He is more powerful during the night as there is more shadows and darkness to use and fuel his power. During the night he is stronger and faster than the average Athletically built adult male, while during the day in the sun he is weaker than if he was in the shade. He can also Shadow travel. He can see and hear through his constructs as if he was there. He can only shadow-travel to places he currently sees or has been to before. The more he uses his powers the more it starts to effect his personality, i.e. if he uses it for a long time continuously then his personality will become dark for a long period also. If he remains in the DarkSpace for too long it has the same effect. He also has True night vision enabling to see as good as if not better in the dark of night. Extended periods of time in the sun can be harmful to him.Name: Erebus Diedrich Williamson
Appearance: he is 6 foot 2 with an athletic build, he has White hair and Pure black eyes, this is the result of a science experiment done on him going haywire. he usually wears black clothes as the color suits him best.
Powers/gear: Darkness and shadow manipulation. He can condense shadows into solid objects taking various shapes. He can also travel to a Pocket dimension made of Darkness that he calls DarkSpace. He can create simple minded constructs out of the shadows and darkness. He is more powerful during the night as there is more shadows and darkness to use and fuel his power. During the night he is stronger and faster than the average Athletically built adult male, while during the day in the sun he is weaker than if he was in the shade. He can also Shadow travel. He can see and hear through his constructs as if he was there. He can only shadow-travel to places he currently sees or has been to before. The more he uses his powers the more it starts to effect his personality, i.e. if he uses it for a long time continuously then his personality will become dark for a long period also. If he remains in the DarkSpace for too long it has the same effect. He also has True night vision enabling to see as good as if not better in the dark of night.

Personality: normally a good person, slightly rebellious, but good. If he is influenced by extended use of his powers then he becomes very malicious. He Has slight trust issues as a result of being taken by the government. he Is a loner but strangely enough ,can fit into almost any group. he has Proficient street fighting and martial arts skills that he uses in conjunction with his powers during the day. Most of his gear is stuff he makes using his powers.

Personality: normally a good person, slightly rebellious, but good. If he is influenced by extended use of his powers then he becomes very malicious. He Has slight trust issues as a result of being taken by the government. he Is a loner but strangely enough ,can fit into almost any group.

Bio: Erebus was born to a family of greek and german ancestry, when he was 4 he started displaying his powers and was then shortly afterwards taken to a government facility where they experimented on him to try to replicate his powers to create assassins that could blend into and escape into the very shadows themselves. When he was 10(subject to change) an experiment was performed on him that went haywire and his powers went out of control and destroyed the majority of the facility he was in. he took this opportunity to escape and had been on the run until he was approached by some individuals when he was 15 who told him about the school and tried to grab him when he refused but, its not so easy to catch a shadow. He decided to give it a shot recently in the face of the ever present anti super faction.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse