NATION

PASSWORD

World On Fire: Shadow Ops [OPEN] (OOC/Fantasy WW2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Wolfina wrote:
Agritum wrote:"Christopher, Miss Helsing. Christopher Frank Carandini Lee.

You couldn't resist, could you? You glorious Neapolitan bastard.

Does Napoleon has any connections with Neapolitan?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Malshan
Senator

Founded: Sep 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Wolfina wrote:
You couldn't resist, could you? You glorious Neapolitan bastard.

"Neapolitan" - a native of Naples.
Napolean - a French general.

No, I wouldn't say so.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
A certain therianthropy thing.
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:
You catch on quick. That's why I like you. :)
I'm kidding of course you aren't a thing. You're a person.

Dude, don't insult the werefurry.

Rupudska wrote:RP Sample: Let me in, or we take another third of Mexico.
Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias
"Lupus magnus est, lupus fortis est, lupus deus est."
I'm an atheist, transhumanist, asexual, cladotherian (Canini) male.
Also known as Canarius, your friendly-ish dog person Lycanthropic American.
Kshrlmnt wrote:Malshan

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Malshan wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

"Neapolitan" - a native of Naples.
Napolean - a French general.

No, I wouldn't say so.

Well, I mean, technically Napoleon was Corsican, so I guess that you could say they're both related to Italy. :P

Etymologically, of course, there's no relationship.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Agri, did you make it Willow's birthday on purpose?
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I won't post.

I should post, to spite Khan.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:to spite Khan.

Your justification for everything.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Nationstatelandsville wrote:to spite Khan.

Your justification for everything.

"Jon, why are you writing that poem?"

"To spite Khan."

"Huh?"

"FUCK that guy."
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:05 am

Headcount so far.

Americans: 9
British (including Empire): 3
  • British: 1
  • Canadian: 1
  • Australia: 1
USSR: 2
French: 1
Czechoslovak: 1

At least Americans aren't the overwhelming majority now. :/
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:15 am

Wolfenium wrote:Headcount so far.

*Austro-Hungarian
The South Habsburgs shall rise again! :lol:
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:21 am

Occupied Deutschland wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:Headcount so far.

*Austro-Hungarian

:V

Besides which, we need a more diverse cast. Not that NPCs can't do that, but this is looking like an OSS-dominated operation. Comrade Stalin will not approve. :<
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:44 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:*Austro-Hungarian

Besides which, we need a more diverse cast. Not that NPCs can't do that, but this is looking like an OSS-dominated operation. Comrade Stalin will not approve. :<

Indeed.

To be fair, however, that's to be expected when many of our players are, themselves, American. People are generally acquainted better with their own culture than with others, so they feel they can more convincingly play as characters from their own cultures. *shrug* I'm certainly not disagreeing with you -- I agree with you wholeheartedly, in fact -- but there are reasons for the large American presence.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:55 am

I decided that Minutemen have enhanced senses, hence the emphasis on smells in my post; Matt can pick up on odors left over by the other characters. It's another way to flesh out the world.

I also hope that none of you minded my stab at a description of the PCs. Obviously, it was partial, filtered through Matt's experience and perspective - but if anything that I said seems to directly contradict your own visions of the characters, just let me know and I'll change it.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:57 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:*Austro-Hungarian

Well, Wolf, for starters you didn't count Abraham, who counts as British/Netherlands, the upcoming Soviet Polina, and the upcoming Spaniard Carmen by Rup.

Reverend Norv wrote:I decided that Minutemen have enhanced senses, hence the emphasis on smells in my post; Matt can pick up on odors left over by the other characters. It's another way to flesh out the world.

I also hope that none of you minded my stab at a description of the PCs. Obviously, it was partial, filtered through Matt's experience and perspective - but if anything that I said seems to directly contradict your own visions of the characters, just let me know and I'll change it.

It's ok.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:39 am

Agritum wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

Well, Wolf, for starters you didn't count Abraham, who counts as British/Netherlands, the upcoming Soviet Polina, and the upcoming Spaniard Carmen by Rup.

Doh.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:42 am

The more I read these posts,

The more I'm bummed no Hollywood bigwig ever thought of a similar concept.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:50 am

Agritum wrote:The more I read these posts,

To be honest, they're probably worried critics would take potshots at it for being too pulp-fictiony.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:54 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Agritum wrote:The more I read these posts,

To be honest, they're probably worried critics would take potshots at it for being too pulp-fictiony.

Just let Tarantino produce it, and we can get away with that.

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:24 am

Well, yeah. Most of the cast here are Americans indeed and it's just like you've said, Wolf, Nature-Spirits. We need a more diverse cast. :|

I was planning to apply my Chinese character in - a mad scientist one. Adding more diversity to ours. :P

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:35 am

MInroz wrote:Well, yeah. Most of the cast here are Americans indeed and it's just like you've said, Wolf, Nature-Spirits. We need a more diverse cast. :|

I was planning to apply my Chinese character in - a mad scientist one. Adding more diversity to ours. :P

I'm considering one for this, but given the context, I don't expect them to care all that much for fighting Nazis. After all, they've been helping them against the Japanese for a long time, right up to the time of the RP's start, in fact.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:09 am

My third and final app. The name may be familiar to some of you.

Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

Name: Carmen Maria José Pizarro González de Trujillo (or just Carmen Pizarro for short, or Doña / Dona Pizarro)
D.O.B.: May 26, 1541
Physical Description and/or Picture: link
Species: Vampire
Nationality: Brazilian
Ethnicity: Spanish
Religion (if any): Roman Catholic (Nominally. She hasn't been in a cathedral in years, but she plans to do so soon, as she suspects this war will only get worse before it gets any better.)
Bio: Carmen is the first vampire to truly claim South America as their home, or if not, one of the first. She was born in the early years of Spain's conquest of South America, in what was then the minuscule town of Trujillo. It was a small, rural, colonial town then, but she had a normal enough upbringing, thanks in part to her noble (for the area) birth. Complete with the education of the era. In addition to the more formal education of the time, she was taught how to cook, how to fire a musket (by her brother), how to wield a sword (also by her brother), and a fair amount of Mochica (in addition to Portuguese, Latin, and Greek, by her servants). By eighteen, she was growing up into a fine young woman, if historically unremarkable.

It was but a few days before her nineteenth birthday when she was attacked. It was in the dead of night (she thinks it was a little after 3), and her assailant vampire was clearly skilled at this - He knocked her unconscious before she could even try to scream, then carried her out of the city, into the cloud forests of the Peruvian Andes. Here, once Carmen had sufficiently calmed down (and the number of attempts to find her tapered off), her captor taught her the ins and outs of vampiric culture: Countships, vampire biology, reproduction, and most important of all, the Masquerade. He also taught her, most of all, how to fend for herself. That final lesson would turn out to be of great importance, because before he could sire another vampire, he was killed. She would've been killed as well if she hadn't transformed to mist before she could be found - the inquisitor sent to kill her Master was admittedly inexperienced, and gave up after about an hour. But that hour was the most torturous of Carmen's life.

She ran. She had no idea where she was going, but she ran, to the east, up and over the mighty Andes where she was certain no human would follow her. She soon found herself in the seemingly impenetrable Amazon, but still she kept going, subsisting largely on animal blood, though when she could find humans to feed off of, she took the opportunity. She spent many years here, moving from the vicinity of one village to the next, never once actually setting foot in them for fear of the obvious repercussions. Twenty years she spent in the jungles of what would one day become Brazil, plus five more years learning how to be a vampire added up to a quarter of a century before she saw 'civilization' again, in the form of Salvador, Brazil.

Here, however, she faced a different problem. Instead of too little food, she found herself having to deal with too much around her. All the time. She couldn't handle it, and as soon as she had the money (and supplies) to do so (She will not say how she obtained it, merely stating that she did 'odd jobs'), she constructed a respectably-sized mansion in a cave in the Chapada Diamantina, some 300 kilometers away. Here she set up her Countship, out of the way, out of sight, and isolated from the tos and fros of the world and Brazil, though not disconnected from it. Neither she nor her countship would stay isolated for long, however. When the American Revolution broke out, she found herself sympathetic to its cause. She was even tempted to observe the war, but due to the abundance of British warships, she decided against it. Further involvement in North America would have to wait, for Brazil itself was in a period of upheaval, which would culminate in Brazil's own independence war (which Carmen herself partook in), though it continued for some time afterwards.

The Countship of Pizarro faded in and out of involvement in Brazilian affairs, though never directly getting involved. Not even when the Paraguayan War tore central South America apart, though Carmen herself and some of her stronger, more loyal Children took part. They fed well those six years, but afterwards, and as Brazil itself slid into chaos, Carmen and her Countship slipped back into the shadows. The other Countships of South America largely followed, and not even World War One could take them out of it.

For Carmen herself, it took the Spanish Civil War to draw her out of hiding, and as it turned out, nothing short of the rise of fascism (which she already found distasteful by then) in her native Spain would draw her out of her beloved South America. Not even bothering with a false name (She merely used a shortened one), she took a ship to Portugal in August of 1936, then crossed the border into Spain to join the Republicans. What she found, was a nightmare. Not only was her ancestral homeland tearing itself apart, it was doing so as seemingly nothing more than the corner of a chess game between the USSR and the newly-resurrected German Reich. She hated it, and she especially hated the Soviets (though not as much as the Francoists), but she pressed on, fighting on for the Republicans until the very end of the Siege of Madrid, when she fled for France, defeated, humiliated and enraged, and in need of copious amounts of blood. She intended to return to Brazil to recuperate, when she was offered the chance to join the Spanish Maquis. She gladly accepted, and sent a telegram to her Countship that her return would be 'delayed' for some time, possibly a few months. Not long for a vampire, after all. She even occasionally filling herself up on the blood of Francoist soldiers (though never within view of her comrades.)

When the Masquerade broke, however, and the German Army finally unleashed its unholy wrath upon the world, she decided another telegram would be in order. She informed her Countship that she would not be returning for several years, or until fascism was crushed in Europe. She also informed her Children to reveal themselves to Brazil and try to convince the Brazilian government to lend its forces to the war effort, and if they failed, to join the effort themselves. (That decision was largely due to her discovering that Germany was attacking Countships in Europe.) She saved revealing herself to be a vampire for when the German war machine turned to France. To her surprise, her comrades in her small band of maquis accepted this, some even commenting that they suspected her of being a vampire for some time. They threw themselves against Germany, and were shocked when France capitulated so easily, and still more shocked when they were pressed back to mere guerrilla activities in the south of France.

It was her age as a vampire, her activities in the Spanish Civil War, and her actions in the Western Front that eventually drew the SoE to requesting her assistance. She accepted, of course.
Psychological Profile: A bit of a neophile, she likes new technology, new things, new ideas. Conversely, she is also a purveyor of natural things, able to find beauty in art, science, and nature at once. Unlike many vampires, she does not find the idea of democracy repulsive, nor the idea of working alongside 'lesser species', though she still does consider them 'lesser'. Quite the opposite, as she feels it works well... just not for vampires.
Why do you fight?: In hopes that the destruction of fascism in Italy and Germany will encourage the bringing down of fascism in Spain.
Defining Quote: "Sic Semper Tyrannis."
RP Sample: bitch I might be
Last edited by Rupudska on Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:21 am

Rupudska wrote:My third and final app. The name may be familiar to some of you.

Name: Carmen Maria José Pizarro González de Trujillo (or just Carmen Pizarro for short, or Doña Pizarro)
Nationality: Peruvian (Listed as Brazilian)
Religion (if any): Roman Catholic
Bio: Carmen is the first vampire to truly claim South America as their home, or if not, one of the first.
Psychological Profile:
Why do you fight?: In hopes that the destruction of fascism in Italy and Germany will encourage the bringing down of fascism in Spain.
Defining Quote:

Bio is too short.

Also, I half expected to see Elisa.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Rupudska wrote:You're NS's Wolfman, therefore your argument is negated due to bias.
"Sarcasm works so much better when you can look down your fire-breathing nose at someone." -Callistan Sairias

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:58 am

Malshan wrote:
Rupudska wrote:My third and final app. The name may be familiar to some of you.

Name: Carmen Maria José Pizarro González de Trujillo (or just Carmen Pizarro for short, or Doña Pizarro)
Nationality: Peruvian (Listed as Brazilian)
Religion (if any): Roman Catholic
Bio: Carmen is the first vampire to truly claim South America as their home, or if not, one of the first.
Psychological Profile:
Defining Quote:

Bio is too short.

Also, I half expected to see Elisa.

Bio isn't even done. And Elisa is special, so she won't be showing up here. Carmen is special, too, but Agri asked for her.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:21 am

Reverend Norv wrote:I also hope that none of you minded my stab at a description of the PCs. Obviously, it was partial, filtered through Matt's experience and perspective - but if anything that I said seems to directly contradict your own visions of the characters, just let me know and I'll change it.

Oh, no, I thought your use of imagery was wonderful. It was also quite interesting to see Matt's subjectivity in the descriptions.

Malshan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Malshan » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:29 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:I also hope that none of you minded my stab at a description of the PCs. Obviously, it was partial, filtered through Matt's experience and perspective - but if anything that I said seems to directly contradict your own visions of the characters, just let me know and I'll change it.

Oh, no, I thought your use of imagery was wonderful. It was also quite interesting to see Matt's subjectivity in the descriptions.

Same here. I always like seeing how other people view my characters. A bit of ego-stroking if I get it just right. ^_^

If I mold a character and other people see them the same way I do...well, that's a skill I'd like to have.
ET IN ARCADIA EGO
*sigh*
My factbook
Rupudska wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:08 pm

How segregated/desegregated was England in the 40s?
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse